PDA

View Full Version : ***February 2009 Photo Pass Share*** CLOSED!!

HookdonWDW
09-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi!

We'll be going to WDW from 2/14-2/21/09. I'm looking for people who are going around the same time, and are interested in participating in sharing a Photo Pass. The photo pass will consist of Photopass CDs in jewel cases, and shipping.

I read other posts, and these directions looked good to me, so I "borrowed" them (as the PP had "borrowed" them from someone else, I figured it would be okay. :rotfl2: )

The Group Administrator will pre-order the CD so that it will cost $99.00. The Group Administrator will try to work with everyone as best as he/she can, but keep in mind they're only human. The Group Administrator will burn the CDs and ship them out as well.

Once the groups are finalized, The Group Administrator will ask that everyone in that group to pay via paypal (Price plus paypal fee) The price will include shipping as well (USPS Media Mail Estimate of $2.13). The Group Administrator will of course get your "confirmed" shipping address via paypal . The Group Administrator will let everyone know the price up front so that there are no "surprises" If the group is small enough and it won't take much time, The Group Administrator can try to separate the photos when they burn them to the CDs (No Promises).

Once The Group Administrator gets your information they will post your name on the board. After The Group Administrator figures out the price they will edit the post with the price and PM everyone. Once The Group Administrator has received the money they will post "Confirmed" by your name and PM you the Photopass account information.

We are looking to have at least 6 people join. In order to expedite the process, and to keep from having the share become unwieldy, there may be multiple share groups. Each group will have its own Administrator. Although I will oversee this Share, each Administrator will be responsible for his/her group.

Here is how a photopass share works: (Copied from multiple posts)

1) Get a photopass card from a photopass photographer when they take your pictures in the parks. Have fun and have lots of photopass photographers take your picture. Each photographer will scan your photopass card to add photos to your photopass card id number.

2) When you get home, DO NOT create your own Photopass Account on the Disney Photopass website, you will use a photopass account that has already been created. **Please do NOT create your own account! If you do, you will not be included in the group account that I set up.** You will receive an E-mail from me with the account information and the dates that will apply for our group.

3) All the people in your group will add their photopass card IDs to this same account (Username & Password provided upon receipt of funds) on the Disney Photopass website. You can edit your photos there (add borders, crop, etc) and then once everyone in the group has added their photos and edited their pictures, The Group Administrator will order the CD of pictures that cost $125 plus tax and shipping. ($99 on sale preorder right now) All the members split the cost evenly.

*Important*Again, make sure you add your photos to the GROUPíS account. If you create your own account, Disney will not allow you to add your pictures to the groupís account. You will be responsible for the total cost for "YOUR" new account. The cost of the CD - $125.00.

4) Everyone's pictures will be on this CD. The Group Administrator will order and will make copies for all other people in the group and mail them their copies. You can then take this CD to any photo place and get your photos developed as you wish because Disney sends a copyright release with the CD.

5) The cost will decrease with more members in the group.

6) There is NO LIMIT to how many pictures you can take. If a group has enough pictures to fill more than one CD, Disney will send as many additional CD's as it takes at no extra charge.

7) Sharing a CD means that strangers (the people within the group) will have a copy of your trip photos. Some people may not be comfortable with that.

IMPORTANT: Photopass is very strict about their time limits. We will have 30 days from the first entry of a photopass card to order the CD. PLEASE follow my dates as stated in any upcoming communications. You would not want to be the person who enters too early thus creating a problem for those traveling later in the month. We need to be considerate of each other for this to run smoothly. Thanks again for joining, and may your trip and pictures be magical.

Great Website for information on Photopass http://stitchkingdom.com/photopass/

**Please keep in mind that Uploaded pictures will NOT be included in the CDs**

GROUP 1
mcm_momma = February 1-7
borgthe = February 1 - 8
JDavis98 = February 1 - 15
jenny08 = February 3-12
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14
KoolCatShelby = February 11 - 19
HookdonWDW = February 14-21 - GROUP ADMINISTRATOR

mcm_momma
09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
We'll be at WDW from 2/1-2/7/09. If these dates work for this share, I'd like to join in. :goodvibes

HookdonWDW
09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
You're in :thumbsup2

mcm_momma
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Great!!:woohoo:

And bumping to the top...so hopefully more will join us. :)

JDavis98
09-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi,
We'll be there from February 1 to the 15th. We'd like to join.
Thanks,
Jeannette

borgthe
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll be there from Feb. 1-8 and would love to join!

wonderlandaddict
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
We will be there Feb. 7-14, 2009!:) :banana: :cheer2: :)

HookdonWDW
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I've added everyone to the list... looks like we won't have the parks to ourselves in February, lol.

smidgen21
09-05-2008, 09:39 PM
:dance3: I'm already in...I just wanted to give us a bump!

HookdonWDW
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
bump!

smidgen21
09-06-2008, 07:16 PM
:cheer2: bump :cheer2:

HookdonWDW
09-07-2008, 02:45 PM
:banana:

mcm_momma
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
:jumping1:
Bumping!

jenny08
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
We will be there Feb 3-12 and would love to join too! Please let me know!

mcm_momma
09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Just wondering...since we have 6+ players, is this share definitely on?

HookdonWDW
09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
jenny08 - you're in!

mcm_momma - yes, the share is definitely on. I didn't want to close it too soon, but we have a enough to do the share. I don't really want to go above 7-8 people in the share group... I think it gets to be too many pictures.

Any thoughts???

HookdonWDW
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
FYI - Smidgen21 has had to drop out of the Photo Share... somehow, she has decided that giving birth takes precedence over a trip to WDW!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Congrats, and best of luck Shawn!! :wizard:

mcm_momma
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Congrats, Smidgen21!!!

HookdonWDW-Thanks for your response...this will be my first share, so I'm new to how it all works.

I defer to your judgement about the number of players in the share. :) I just needed to know if we were a go, so that I could stop looking for a share to join.

koolcatshelby
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Hey, Thinking of joining. We are going Feb 11-19. A little apprehensive as I have never done this. Sounds ideal though.

borgthe
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
The shares are great. This will be my 3rd one. They save so much money and everyone gets beautiful pics.

HookdonWDW
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey, Thinking of joining. We are going Feb 11-19. A little apprehensive as I have never done this. Sounds ideal though.

If you decide you'd like to join, just let me know! It involves a little trust, and may not be for everyone, but it's a great way to get vacation photos, and not blow the budget!

smidgen21
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
FYI - Smidgen21 has had to drop out of the Photo Share... somehow, she has decided that giving birth takes precedence over a trip to WDW!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Congrats, and best of luck Shawn!! :wizard:

Thanks! I went in to preterm labor with DS1 at 7.5 months so I'm sure my OB will not let me out of the county let alone 1200 miles away for WDW.

BTW DS1 was born H&H at 36 weeks and turned 1 today!:cake: :clown: party:

dannyandkristi
09-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I'd love to join, not sure how well our dates work out since we are at the end of Feb. beginning of March...2/21-3/5? We did one in October and it was awesome! :goodvibes Let me know! Thanks!:thumbsup2
Kristi :)

kwilliamsrn
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
hey everyone, can't figure out if you closed the share or not but would like to join in if possible jan 21-27 from what i can see no one is there those dates

koolcatshelby
09-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Count me in!! Talked to DH and said it sounds like a good idea. Let me know what the next step is!! Very excited:cool1::banana: It makes the trip seem a tad closer!!

mommyintn
09-15-2008, 05:15 PM
I'd like to join as well!! We will be there Feb. 6-13th, let me know if you still have room. :)

HookdonWDW
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry to be silent - I was out of town for the weekend. :thumbsup2

It looks like we have enough people to close out a group.

kwilliamsrn and dannyandkristi - I'm looking at your dates, and I'm not sure how well they would work with the current group of dates. Photo Pass only gives us a certain amount of time to get all of the pics in and edit them, and your dates might be pushing it...

If someone is interested in becoming the Administrator for a second Swap Group, we could work you into the dates...

Here is what we have right now:

GROUP 1
mcm_momma = February 1-7
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12
mommyintn = February 6-13

mcm_momma
10-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi all! I live in Louisville, KY and we were affected by a windstorm as an after effect of Hurricane Ike. We were out of power for a week (and boy, do I feel for those who have to go through real hurricanes now), and I'm just now getting back to checking on this thread.

So if it's not too late, and more folks are interested in joining...I'd be willing to be an administrator for a second swap group. Plus, it would likely mean I wouldn't have to wait as long to see my pics. :goodvibes

Also, how far in advance of the first trip date is the photopass pre-purchased? You know, like, when can I expect to put up my share of the dough? ;)

HookdonWDW
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi all! I live in Louisville, KY and we were affected by a windstorm as an after effect of Hurricane Ike. We were out of power for a week (and boy, do I feel for those who have to go through real hurricanes now), and I'm just now getting back to checking on this thread.

So if it's not too late, and more folks are interested in joining...I'd be willing to be an administrator for a second swap group. Plus, it would likely mean I wouldn't have to wait as long to see my pics. :goodvibes

Also, how far in advance of the first trip date is the photopass pre-purchased? You know, like, when can I expect to put up my share of the dough? ;)

Carrie,

I was going to start collecting so that I could purchase the photopass at the end of this month, but if you are interested in administering a second group, I'll hold off for a week or so, to see if we pick up more people (I don't want to collect from someone and end up having them move from one group to the other because of dates...)

mommyintn
10-11-2008, 09:04 AM
I have a question about viewing the photos before eventually adding them to the group account. While I was reading about photopass it said you could view the pictures at certain camera centers in the parks or at guest relations at Downtown Disney etc. Doing this wouldn't require you to set up an account or anything would it? I would like to be able to see the pictures we've had taken but I don't want to do anything that will nullify my participation in the photopass share. Thanks!

HookdonWDW
10-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I've never done it before as a group, but, personally, I'd wait until I got home just in case - I think some people carry two cards - one for the swap, and a personal card. Just ask the photographers to swipe BOTH cards when they take pics, and mark them so you know which is which... then you can view the pics on the 2nd card.:thumbsup2

nanlou
10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I hope it's not too late to join. We're planning a trip for Feb. 17-21, and I'd like to be included in a photopass share. :goodvibes

mommyintn
10-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I've never done it before as a group, but, personally, I'd wait until I got home just in case - I think some people carry two cards - one for the swap, and a personal card. Just ask the photographers to swipe BOTH cards when they take pics, and mark them so you know which is which... then you can view the pics on the 2nd card.:thumbsup2

Great idea, I'll do that! :)

HookdonWDW
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
I hope it's not too late to join. We're planning a trip for Feb. 17-21, and I'd like to be included in a photopass share. :goodvibes

You're in Nanlou :thumbsup2

HookdonWDW
10-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Since mcm_momma has volunteered to lead a group, we're going to open this back up for some new members.

As of now, the groups are as follows - some people may be moved to another group in order to keep the numbers reasonable. :goodvibes

GROUP 1
mcm_momma = February 1-7 GROUP ADMINISTRATOR
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
Nanlou = February 17 - 21

twinsplusone
10-11-2008, 07:18 PM
We'll be there 2/18-2/28. I'd love to be included if there is room.

HookdonWDW
10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
You're in twinsplusone :thumbsup2

GROUP 1
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
Twinsplusone = February 18 - 28

mcm_momma
10-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Bump! :banana:

Ariel'07
10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd love to be added to the share! :thumbsup2 We will be there from 1/30 until 2/6. Please let me know if that will work, I know I'm technically end of January :confused3

Cloud9
10-13-2008, 08:42 AM
If there is room, can we be included? We are going 2/26 - 2/28. Thanks!

mommyintn
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
bumping :)

HookdonWDW
10-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Can you believe they made me work on a holiday??? :rotfl2:

Well, I'm home now, and catching back up...

I'm adding in Ariel'07 and Cloud9. Here are the new lists:

GROUP 1
Ariel'07 = January 30 - February 6
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
Cloud 9 = February 26 - 28

dannyandkristi
10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I posted earlier in this forum, but at the time our dates were too late in the month to join the first group. Not sure if they are still too late, but our dates are 2/21-3/5. Let me know if this would work!:goodvibes Thanks!

HookdonWDW
10-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Since we've added a second group, your dates work fine now... you're in!

GROUP 1
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
dannyandkristi = February 21 - March 5

Ariel'07
10-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks for adding me and for all your hard work!! :thumbsup2

Mrs D
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
My trip is 2/1 - 2/4; I'd love to get in on this share if theres room.

Thanks!

HookdonWDW
10-14-2008, 05:42 PM
You're in Mrs D!

I'm going to close Group 1 for now, and leave Group 2 open for 1-2 more people. I don't want the groups to get so big that we get bogged down when it's time to edit photos. :goodvibes

Here are the Groups:

GROUP 1 - CLOSED
Mrs D = February 1 - 4
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2

xstcher58
10-15-2008, 11:08 AM
We are at WDW Feb 22-27 and would love to be included if possible. I'm in Canada, will that be a problem?

koolcatshelby
10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone, I see I'm the first one on the second group. This is my first photo pass share and I am a tad worried. What do I need to do as the first one? I worry alot:scared1: Sorry

mommyintn
10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone, I see I'm the first one on the second group. This is my first photo pass share and I am a tad worried. What do I need to do as the first one? I worry alot:scared1: Sorry

Go back to the first post in this thread and it will explain what all goes on with a photoshare. This is my first time also. :)

HookdonWDW
10-15-2008, 04:30 PM

You just have the first date for the group ... I'm still Administrating it. Don't worry... I'll make sure that everyone knows what to do and when! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Lisa

HookdonWDW
10-15-2008, 04:34 PM
You're in xstcher 58!

Group 2 will remain open until tomorrow... then I will close the second group. :thumbsup2

Here are the Groups:

GROUP 1 - CLOSED
Mrs D = February 1 - 4
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
xstcher = February 22 - 27

HookdonWDW
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Reposted from Page 1 with some new information (in red)...

The Group Administrator will pre-order the CD so that it will cost $99.00. The Group Administrator will try to work with everyone as best as he/she can, but keep in mind they're only human. The Group Administrator will burn the CDs and ship them out as well.

Once the groups are finalized, The Group Administrator will ask that everyone in that group to pay via paypal (Price plus paypal fee) The price will include shipping as well (USPS Media Mail Estimate of $2.13). The Group Administrator will of course get your "confirmed" shipping address via paypal . The Group Administrator will let everyone know the price up front so that there are no "surprises" If the group is small enough and it won't take much time, The Group Administrator can try to separate the photos when they burn them to the CDs (No Promises).

Once The Group Administrator gets your information they will post your name on the board. After The Group Administrator figures out the price they will edit the post with the price and PM everyone. Once The Group Administrator has received the money they will post "Confirmed" by your name and PM you the Photopass account information.

We are looking to have at least 6 people join. In order to expedite the process, and to keep from having the share become unwieldy, there may be multiple share groups. Each group will have its own Administrator. Although I will oversee this Share, each Administrator will be responsible for his/her group.

Here is how a photopass share works: (Copied from multiple posts)

1) Get a photopass card from a photopass photographer when they take your pictures in the parks. Have fun and have lots of photopass photographers take your picture. Each photographer will scan your photopass card to add photos to your photopass card id number.

2) When you get home, DO NOT create your own Photopass Account on the Disney Photopass website, you will use a photopass account that has already been created. **Please do NOT create your own account! If you do, you will not be included in the group account that I set up.** You will receive an E-mail from me with the account information and the dates that will apply for our group.

3) All the people in your group will add their photopass card IDs to this same account (Username & Password provided upon receipt of funds) on the Disney Photopass website. You can edit your photos there (add borders, crop, etc) and then once everyone in the group has added their photos and edited their pictures, The Group Administrator will order the CD of pictures that cost $125 plus tax and shipping. ($99 on sale preorder right now) All the members split the cost evenly.

*Important*Again, make sure you add your photos to the GROUP’S account. If you create your own account, Disney will not allow you to add your pictures to the group’s account. You will be responsible for the total cost for "YOUR" new account. The cost of the CD - $125.00.

4) Everyone's pictures will be on this CD. The Group Administrator will order and will make copies for all other people in the group and mail them their copies. You can then take this CD to any photo place and get your photos developed as you wish because Disney sends a copyright release with the CD.

5) The cost will decrease with more members in the group.

6) There is NO LIMIT to how many pictures you can take. If a group has enough pictures to fill more than one CD, Disney will send as many additional CD's as it takes at no extra charge.

7) Sharing a CD means that strangers (the people within the group) will have a copy of your trip photos. Some people may not be comfortable with that.

IMPORTANT: Photopass is very strict about their time limits. We will have 30 days from the first entry of a photopass card to order the CD. PLEASE follow my dates as stated in any upcoming communications. You would not want to be the person who enters too early thus creating a problem for those traveling later in the month. We need to be considerate of each other for this to run smoothly. Thanks again for joining, and may your trip and pictures be magical.

8. Your Group Administrator will give you a time period to upload your photos to the group account. This should allow us to know where people's photos are on the disk(s), and keep the photos together by family. Therefore, it is very important that you upload your photos at that time. Photos can still be edited after your dates. Everyone's cooperation is needed in order for this to suceed. :goodvibes

Great Website for information on Photopass http://stitchkingdom.com/photopass/

**Please keep in mind that Uploaded pictures will NOT be included in the CDs**

GROUP 1 - CLOSED
Mrs D = February 1 - 4
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

GROUP 2
xstcher = February 22 - 27

xstcher58
10-16-2008, 07:35 AM
:surfweb: I won't be home from my trip until Mar 5 as we are cruising after Disney. Don't want to mess up the "uploading" order!

Cloud9
10-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I also will not be home until March 5th - for the same reason. Will that cause a problem?

HookdonWDW
10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I also will not be home until March 5th - for the same reason. Will that cause a problem?

Not a problem with either of you. I'll just note it so I remember when I assign dates. :thumbsup2

Since we haven't had any new requests, I'm going to close Group 2 today.

So, Group 1 has 8 participants, and Group 2 has 7 participants. More information will follow soon! ;)

mcm_momma
10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to HookdonWDW for all the work you've put into this share so far. :yay:

Mrs D
10-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to HookdonWDW for all the work you've put into this share so far. :yay:

Agreed! Thank you for your willingness to undertake the task and your generosity to share the experience with all of us!

:wizard:

koolcatshelby
10-18-2008, 07:30 AM
I agree!! Thank you sooooo much:worship:

xstcher58
10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
BIG thanks from me too!

Ariel'07
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all the time and energy you put into this!! :goodvibes

twinsplusone
10-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm so excited! Thanks for organizing all of this for us. It's truly appreciated.

Jill

Mrs D
10-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi! I'm just checking in. Anything new happening with the photopass share?

Or with anyone in it?

twinsplusone
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm assuming when it gets a little closer we'll get firmer details.

Jill

JDavis98
11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi,

We just had to reschedule our trip to mid next year. Please remove me from the group.

Thanks,
Jeannette

volleygirl
11-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi, I see that the list has been closed. But I also see someone has had to drop out. If you are looking for a replacement, I would love to join in. I was still trying to search through all the great things this site has to offer. This is AWESOME! Our trip is Feb 3 - 10th. If it doesn't work, no big deal. Thanks for reading!

mommyintn
11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey just checking in!

Mom2apirate
11-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi,
I see this photo pass share is closed but if anyone else drops out I'd love to join. (do have a waiting list?) I just booked my trip last night. My dates are 2/17 - 3/2. Thank You.

katiebrake
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
HI ladies, just trying to check the status!
I had pm'ed about joining late and was told it would be possible but haven't heard any other details so I thought I would post here too.
We are going the 6-11th. If I am not down for a group and there is enough interest, maybe we should do another one. I see at least two more in our time frame interested!
thanks Katie

mcm_momma
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi all! It looks like we're all starting to feel some anticipation for our upcoming trips. :yay: I hope you all were able to save lots of money with the 4/3 deal!! I'm still on cloud 9 with what we were able to save. :cloud9:

Hopefully, HookedonWDW will check in soon. Personally, I'd like to get things under way with pre-purchasing the CD before the hectic-ness of the holidays kicks in.

katiebrake
11-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi all! It looks like we're all starting to feel some anticipation for our upcoming trips. :yay: I hope you all were able to save lots of money with the 4/3 deal!! I'm still on cloud 9 with what we were able to save. :cloud9:

Hopefully, HookedonWDW will check in soon. Personally, I'd like to get things under way with pre-purchasing the CD before the hectic-ness of the holidays kicks in.

Good to hear from you! yes, I am anxious with Christmas to get things pre-paid and put it behind us and just look forward to our trip!!!
We are all excited about the new deals too! it is our first trip and I can't wait!!

koolcatshelby
11-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Hello all! Less than three months to go. Thank goodness the holidays are inbetween, then time will fly by. Hope everyone is well, and can't wait to get things moving:cool1:

xstcher58
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
We just booked the 4/3 deal and it changed our dates. I am not getting home until Mar 9th. Let me know if this still works and if not there will be time for someone to take my place.

ofhs93
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Is there any chace of aditional folks being added to this OR is anyone here looking at possibly starting another swap? We will be at WDW 2/1-2/8. I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to all of these swap things though. I'm willing to do some of the footwork down the line if someone wants to do the initial setup.

clorenzen
11-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I see that this photopass share is closed, can I get a list from the share leader as to who wants in but isn't in the group? I would be willing to lead a group since I've done it before. My vacation dates are Feb 5-12.

Christy
POFQ 2007
POFQ 2008
POR 2009

mommyintn
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Won't each group administrator handle the purchasing for their group? I'm pretty sure since she is the administrator of the 2nd group that she will collect from them and then purchase the CD for their group. So when your ready let us know! :)

mcm_momma
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay then. :) Group 1, get ready.

I see that we have 7 participants left in our group. I will calculate how much it will be to cover the photopass, cd's and mailing and post it and my paypal info to this thread by the end of the week.

As for the others asking about joining the share...if you're all still interested, there are 5 of you. Enough to start a new group I think, and Clorenzen has volunteered to lead a group if needed. I say go for it! :cheer2:

volleygirl
11-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks Carrie,
I think I'm going to "head over" to the other group. Thanks!

mcm_momma
11-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone! I researched what supplies would cost and came up with the cost of the Photopass plus $5 per person. So that brings our cost per person to $19.28.

Here are the participants in group 1:

Mrs D = February 1 - 4
borgthe = February 1 - 8
jenny08 = February 3-12

I'm going to PM everyone, please respond by sending me your email address so I can email you my paypal information.

Thanks!

mcm_momma
11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Group 1 folks....just wanted to give a summary of where we are now. I've listed below who has confirmed they are participating and who has paid.

Mrs D = February 1 - 4
Ariel'07 = January 30 - February 6 PAID
mcm_momma = February 1-7 GROUP ADMINISTRATOR PAID
borgthe = February 1 - 8 PAID
jenny08 = February 3-12
mommyintn = February 6-13 confirmed
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14 confirmed

If I don't have anything by your name (or have incorrect information), PM me or post to this thread, and we'll get it worked out.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

M Roberts
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd be willing as well, We're going Feb 17 - 24

mcm_momma
11-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Jenny08,

I haven't heard from you regarding participating in Group 1 of this Photopass share. I'm afraid that my PM's aren't reaching you, so I thought I should post to the thread.

Please respond to the thread or by PM to me whether or not you are planning to participate in this share.

Thanks!

kpederson
11-30-2008, 01:02 PM
We are going 2/7-2/14 and would love to get into a photopass share. Please let me know if there is anything available!

THANKS!

mcm_momma
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
We are going 2/7-2/14 and would love to get into a photopass share. Please let me know if there is anything available!

THANKS!

We may have a spot or two available in group 1. I should know by the end of the week, if you can wait that long.

tr-ray
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi there!!

I will also be travelling in February, the 5-12th, and would be interested in joining in a share if possible.

I did notice you marked the share closed, but maybe we can drum up enough support to start a 3rd group.

Here's to hoping. :D

mcm_momma
12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
We've had one person drop out of Group 1, so kpederson, if you're still interested we have a spot for you. I'll PM you with details of the next step.

tr-ray, if I haven't heard from jenny08 by Friday 12/5, I'll open up that slot for someone else, and I'll give you first dibs.

tr-ray
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
We've had one person drop out of Group 1, so kpederson, if you're still interested we have a spot for you. I'll PM you with details of the next step.

tr-ray, if I haven't heard from jenny08 by Friday 12/5, I'll open up that slot for someone else, and I'll give you first dibs.

Awesome, I'll keep my eyes on this thread! :)
Many thanks!

mcm_momma
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, Jenny08 is not able to remain in the share. Therefore, tr-ray a spot has opened for you. I will PM you the next step.

macntosh
12-01-2008, 10:42 PM
If their is another opening I would be interested. My daughter has a Make A Wish Trip scheduled the Last Week of February.

Thank you!

mcm_momma
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Macntosh, the date of your trip makes me think that it wouldn't work so well with the other dates in group 1--we're all going in early Feb.

I'm not sure if Group 2 is still an active share or not...maybe someone in that group will post and let you know if they have a spot open.

macntosh
12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Macntosh, the date of your trip makes me think that it wouldn't work so well with the other dates in group 1--we're all going in early Feb.

I'm not sure if Group 2 is still an active share or not...maybe someone in that group will post and let you know if they have a spot open.

No Worries I will just start a new group, thanks so much for the reply! But any advice is appreciated. :rolleyes1

mcm_momma
12-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi guys! Here's where we stand so far:

tr-ray February 5-12 PAID
mommyintn = February 6-13 PAID

We still need one more player to keep us at 7. I'm going to start a new thread to get the word out, since this one says the share is closed.

mcm_momma
12-02-2008, 11:14 AM
No Worries I will just start a new group, thanks so much for the reply! But any advice is appreciated. :rolleyes1

The only advice I have so far is...confirm all your participants before sending out paypal requests if there is a big gap of time between sign ups and payments. That would have saved me a little bit of headache. ;)

Good luck with your share!

tr-ray
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi guys! Here's where we stand so far:

tr-ray February 5-12 confirmed

We still need one more player to keep us at 7. I'm going to start a new thread to get the word out, since this one says the share is closed.

Carrie -- I just sent you my payment!
Many thanks!:goodvibes

mcm_momma
12-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Carrie -- I just sent you my payment!
Many thanks!:goodvibes

Thank you!! I added you as paid to the Update post above.

mcm_momma
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Last update for today.

tr-ray February 5-12 PAID
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14 PAID

If we can get another player, we're good to go. Keep your fingers crossed!

xstcher58
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
:cool1: Wondering if Group 2 is still a go?

nanlou
12-03-2008, 09:06 AM
:cool1: Wondering if Group 2 is still a go?

I have to admit that I've been wondering the same thing. I'm certainly not in any hurry, and there is plenty of time between now and our February trip. It's completely understandable if our group coordinator is busy with real life and holidary preparations, etc. But part of me has been wondering if the rest of the group had been communicating in some other format and I had missed the boat somehow. :confused3 I'll assume that everything's still working out ... but am not sure how long to wait? I'm definitely still interested in trying a photopass share... :thumbsup2

twinsplusone
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping we're still all set for group 2, too. Maybe we'll hear soon.

kesharn81
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
thanks for sharing the information..

mcm_momma
12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Hey Group 1 (we need a better name than this ;) )!

We're back to seven...thanks to Squidrific for joining our share. Everyone has paid, so I will be prepurchasing the CD over the weekend. I'll also come up with a tentative schedule for uploading that you guys can look over and let me know if you think it will work.

Squidrific = February 4 - 10 PAID
tr-ray = February 5-12 PAID
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14 PAID

mcm_momma
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Group 1 Tentative Upload Dates

Ariel'07 = January 30 - February 6 = Upload Feb 9
mcm_momma = February 1-7 = Upload Feb 11
borgthe = February 1 - 8 = Upload Feb 13
Squidrific = February 4 - 10 = Upload Feb 15
tr-ray = February 5-12 = Upload Feb 17
mommyintn = February 6-13 = Upload Feb 19
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14 = Upload Feb 21

Look these dates over and let me know if they will work for you. I've read that the Photopass site can be slow, so I tried to have a balance between having time to upload and everyone having time to edit. I have the deadline for editing as March 7th...that gives me a couple of days cushion in which to order the CD in case the Photopass site is acting wonky. The very last day I can order the CD (based on the schedule above) is March 9th.

borgthe
12-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Looks good. Thanks!

Ariel'07
12-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Looks good to me! Thanks for all your hard work! :cool1: :thumbsup2

koolcatshelby
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Also a part of group2 Also wondering (and in my case as usual worrying:worried:) Still very interested. Happy shopping for the holidays everyone:santa:

xstcher58
12-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Any sign of life from Group 2??

koolcatshelby
12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Still wondering also. Although after reading a thread about another share, I'm wondering if it is a good idea. I'm not out yet, let me know. I checked the last posts for the leader of group 2 and there hasn't been a post since Oct, so it's not looking good:confused3 Keep me posted and Merry Christmas to all!!:santa:

tr-ray
12-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Although after reading a thread about another share, I'm wondering if it is a good idea.

DH read the thread that you're talking about. He looked at me, cuz we are in group 1, and said something about not getting our CD...

I think in all of these situations, you go out on a limb to trust someone, and you just have to have faith in that person. Surely there are many more cases of people who have happily & successfully participated in a share. It is certainly unfortunate that it happened, but I think it is the exception and not the rule.

I hope that those of you in group 2 hear from your coordinator. Would any of you be willing to step in?

mcm_momma
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi all! I'm the leader for Group 1, and I just read the photopass share scam thread too. It was a scary read, and it made me glad I'm the leader of our share. ;) And I think tr-ray is absolutely right...it's one of those situations where you have to remind yourself that most shares go off without a hitch.

That being said, Group 1 members, let me know if there is anything I can do to set your minds at ease that our share is on the up and up. :)

Group 2, keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for you all. Again, I think tr-ray has a good suggestion--maybe one of you could lead the share if HookdonWDW doesn't respond soon.

Happy Holidays to all!

mcm_momma
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Group 1...

Mommyintn has had to reschedule her trip. :sad1: She has asked me to see if someone would like to step in and take her spot (but she also graciously agreed to still pay for her spot if no one does--but I'm going to try hard to make it so she doesn't have to).

So, we have a spot open in our share for anyone going to WDW in the first half of Feb. Since I can't edit the title of this thread and get the word out, I'm going to bump up the other thread I used to get us full before.

I will keep everyone up to date on the status of our share and how this may impact our upload dates.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

M Roberts
12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm interested if no one has taken the spot yet

mcm_momma
12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
koolcatshelby and M Roberts...you have PM's.

nanlou
12-29-2008, 07:31 PM
So is group 2 officially dead???

I would offer to administer it, but our computer's CD burner has been malfunctioning and I don't have confidence that I could get it working in order to burn CDs for everyone. Sorry. As is probably the case for the rest of you, I don't know whether to just throw in the towel and forget about photopass for this trip, or to attempt looking for another share to join.... :rolleyes1

mcm_momma
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi all! koolcatshelby has joined our share, so we are once again full. :cool1:
So, here's what we look like now:

Ariel'07 = January 30 - February 6 = Upload Feb 9
mcm_momma = February 1-7 = Upload Feb 11
borgthe = February 1 - 8 = Upload Feb 13
Squidrific = February 4 - 10 = Upload Feb 15
tr-ray = February 5-12 = Upload Feb 17
wonderlandaddict = February 7-14 = Upload Feb 19
koolcatshelby = February 11-19 = Upload Feb 21

Wonderlandaddict...this means your update date has been bumped up by 2 days.

Koolcatshelby...this means you will will start uploading 2 days after then end of your trip.

Let me know if these dates won't work for you.

For those of you still wondering about Group 2, I suggest checking out this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2031382. It's a mid-Feb share that's trying to get off the ground.

xstcher58
12-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I am officially dropping out of this share (Group 2)

punkin413
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
i know this share is closed but i would love to know if there are any others out there for mid february! thanks.

wlandrum
01-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I was looking to get in a share as well. Our trip is Feb 18-25th. I wouldn't mind being the group organizer. Just to offer - I have positive feedback on ebay (wmlandrum), if that helps.

Please PM and lets see if we can get something in the next week or so.

tr-ray
02-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi All!
Just wondering if we're on schedule for uploads & reviewing.

If so, I was wondering if I could sneak in tomorrow and take care of my pix. I have class Tuesday and return to work, and I don't think I will have time to get to them then.

Let me know, and I hope everyone's had/having a great time in Disney!

mcm_momma
02-15-2009, 04:34 PM
As far as I can tell, we're on schedule. The photopass site is mixing all the pictures together which is making it a little hard for me to distinguish individual families.

As to your question, tr-ray, I think that it is up to Squidrific since you loading early would affect her time. (Sorry to put you on the spot Squidrific.) Hopefully, she'll respond and let you know if she's done.

tr-ray
02-16-2009, 10:53 AM
As far as I can tell, we're on schedule. The photopass site is mixing all the pictures together which is making it a little hard for me to distinguish individual families.

As to your question, tr-ray, I think that it is up to Squidrific since you loading early would affect her time. (Sorry to put you on the spot Squidrific.) Hopefully, she'll respond and let you know if she's done.

Ahh, thanks Carrie! But, if we're doing 2 days each, I might be able to get it done in two days.

Of course, I have a class that meets Monday & Wednesday, and with the holiday this week, it meets Tuesday & Wednesday! Just what I need fresh back from vacation, lol.

mcm_momma
02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
You will still have time to edit your photos after your upload dates, so don't feel like you have to get it all done at once. The schedule for uploading is to make it easier for us to find our pictures on the site once we've entered our card numbers. If we were all entering at once I think it would be very confusing.

wonderlandaddict
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Help! The photopass site states that my email or password is invalid.

mcm_momma
02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Help! The photopass site states that my email or password is invalid.
Wonderlandaddict...I got your PM yesterday, but didn't see this post till tonight. Did you get my PM?

tr-ray
02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I hope I didn't screw anything up, lol!

wonderlandaddict
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I got them uploaded last night, Thanks!!!!!!

mommyintn
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Just wanted to say I hope everyone had a great trip! I was supposed to be part of this share but we changed our dates and it's lucky we did because my 9 year old had appendicitis and had to have surgery. Everything works out for the best, I can't imagine being at Disney and him having to have surgery and then drive home!