PDA

View Full Version : Fundraisers!!!!

luvgus
09-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I coach a soccer 3v3 team and we qualified for the Disney World Championship games in Jan. 09. Now the only problem is paying for it. We are going to do some fundraisers, does anyone have any good ideas???

momo3hods
09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a few... coin drop, walk-a-thon...(which I have an interesting twist to)

Drop me a pm..

Schachteles
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I know Pampered Chef has a fundraiser program where you can sell certain items and get a percentage off of that.

Maybe if you have a friend that does direct sales (examples: Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, Avon, Partylite, Mary Kay, etc) they could give you the commission they would earn on the sales which can really mount up. I have done that before and it really adds up and people get things that they would use more or need more then a candy bar, etc. And this would be really nice since the holidays are coming up, it would give you something different.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you have questions.

luvgus
09-04-2008, 02:38 PM
momo3hods---I cant PM because this was my 1 post --so when I get to 10 I will PM you

IMALOVNDISNEY
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
:welcome: To The Dis.

First thing to do is start a committee. And as a group deside approx how much you are going to have to raise.

Any fundraisers you do your profit should be nothing less than 50%.
Also the more you can do to make 100% the better off you are. ex. car wash, bake sale, pasta dinners (have the local business donate the items).

What alot of the teams do around here is sell ad space on a laminated business card offering discounts to the advertised business'. Have the cards made up and then each player is responsible for selling them. These are sold for $10 with 100% profit. This is a huge money maker. Everyone is always looking to save money somewhere.
Sell ad space on a banner that you can displayed at all the games to advertise local business. And you can ask a sign company to make the banner. They aren't that expensive. Explain to them that it is a fundraiser and they may give you a discount or better donate the banner. This can be done on shirts as well.
You can do all three of the above and offer different price levels as to which ever one they want to advertise on. I would offer a discount if they were to do an ad on all three.
Again, almost 100% profit

I would try to stay away from all those catalog sales ones. To much work with them.

I'm sure you will get more posters with additional ideas. Just remember the sooner you start fundraising the less stressfull it will be in the end.

Good Luck. If you have any questions about the above, you can PM me.

cukal6
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I know how you feel! I coach a dance team that has been invited down there in December. We need to raise $7000 in the next 3 months!!! Here are some things we are doing

1. Silent auctions at home football games
2. Rummage sale
3. Bagging groceries at local grocery store
4. Fundraiser night at Monicals. They give 15% of diners bills to us for one specific night.
5. spaghetti dinner
6. car wash
7. Working at local bingo hall.
8. We also sent out donation letters to the Lions Club, local banks, and other businesses.
9. Working 50/50 at local racetrack.
10. Raking leaves for donations in the fall.
11. Selling caramel apples at lunchtime on Friday's in the high school cafeteria.

We are also working on a few other things but I thought this list could give you a few ideas. Good Luck!!!

Oh, we sold cookie dough at the beginning of the year as our regular fundraiser. I only have 8 girls on the team and we made about $800. I used www.ezfund.com. I've actually used them a couple of years now and they're great to work with.

DianeV
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I have always thought candy bars are a great way to make money. People buy them up like crazy and I believe you make a pretty good amount per box..

Darcy03231
09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
My SIL's preschool sells cookie dough and I know they do really well with it.

Bob NC
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
This is a tough one. Why do you feel people should contribute, (or buy stuff), to subsidize your 3v3 team going to Orlando?

I've been involved in these 3v3 tournaments. They are run by a FOR-PROFIT company. This is not a community or school tournament.

Our teams have always consisted of 5-6 kids, yours too? We qualified once to go to Orlando, but chose not to. At all the tournaments, we knew that we could qualify, and if we did want to attend the nationals, it was out of our own pockets.

I could see a baseball team, or a large dance troop, having fundraisers to attend a national competition. I would never ask, and wouldn't really expect anyone to ask me to help raise funds for 4, 5 or 6 kids to go to a soccer tournament.

starann
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Some ideas....

Yankee Candle does fundraising

Local resturants have work nights or fundraiser nights....I know Texas Roadhouse does it (on a weeknight, everyone who brings in a flier, 10% of their bill will go to the group) Others have the kdis come in and 'help' the servers and get the tips for the night

Basket Bingos....usually take some planning and putting out some $ upfront, but I know here in PA, they are usually BIG $$$ makers (cause in addition to the BINGO there can be 50/50's Chinese auctions, additional BIG prize raffels) You can ask local busniess to 'donate' a basket to keep your costs down, or donate a service or prize for the CA. Usually tickets for the BINGO are $20. You can also do a bake sale and 'snack' sale here too to make more $.

Basket Lotto....make up calendars with the days with a basket someone can win on a day....then each lotto sheet is assigned a 3 or 4 #. Watch the daily numbers and if their # comes up, they win the basket (then you only have 1 winner). Tickets are usually $5.

Good luck...let us know what you choose.

DianeV
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm confused why someone would have a problem with any kind of fundraising for kids no matter what the function?? If you dont want what they are selling fine but if its something you could use, you wouldnt buy it anyway??

fiveforall
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Pizza Hut has a good fundraiser with their coupon cards. Avon is a good seller too.

iNTeNSeBLue98
09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Personally, I will buy from Joe Corbi's pizza and Market Day fundraisers, maybe the $1 candy bars.

We had a neighborhood yard sale earlier this year. One house was grilling hot dogs, and their proceeds were going to breast cancer research.

Car washes. I often see athletic teams washing cars around here. Find a site that will let you use their lot and water (maybe you have to pay towards use) and charge between $5-8, depending on the norm in your area.

rentayenta
09-04-2008, 06:18 PM
It's a little out of season but my kids did lemonade stands and raised a pretty penny for the U of U burn center this summer.

Maybe, some sort of seasonl treat sale? I like the carmel apple idea.

Promomx2
09-04-2008, 06:42 PM
My ds's baseball team sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts this past sat. We made over $1600 profit. Took presell orders and then went and sold in front of Krogers and Lowes, had 4 stations. Got rid of all but 4 boxes. Plus our chick-fil-a does a thing where once your organization signs up, they give you slips to give the cashier everytime someone goes in to eat and we get 20% of the proceeds. Good luck>

eatatmidnight
09-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I may not be much help, but these are the things I ALWAYS buy if kids are selling. Mind you, I don't know what is involved in organizing it. I think I'll always buy them because they are less than $10 and I have the cash in my pocket.

1. Worlds Finest Chocolate Candy Bars ( I will normally buy a whole case of them)
2. M&M's
3. Krispy Kreme discount cards (although I haven't seen any in a while)
4. Frozen Pizzas
5. Girl Scout cookies

Things I almost never buy from kids selling
1. Magazine subscriptions
2. Gift wrap and candy in those books.
3. Pizza restaurant discount cards (the coupons in the mail are usually better)

Tinker'n'Fun
09-04-2008, 08:44 PM
My daughter's dance team sends out letters to local businesses and asks for a small "contribution/sponsorship". They take out an add in a local paper and thank their sponsors... This may work for you.. Make sure to ask the paper to be a sponsor, thus getting the ad for free!!

Shmily1
09-05-2008, 06:27 AM
The HS band that my DS played for always sold Score Cards. They are the credit card type card that you sell for $10 each and they have discounts to local businesses attached. I don't see a website on the card but do have the number at 904-620-9971. The first year he was in the HS Band, I sold 38 cards. He graduated this past year so this thread reminded me to contact the school to get one!:thumbsup2

mncherokee
09-05-2008, 07:51 AM
I am deeply involved with fundraising for raising scholarship money for my DD's Suzuki group.

-1st off... determine how much you need to raise... then you can determine what will give you the biggest bang for your buck... my experience with groups where you sell items (like candles, gift catalogs, etc) is that you only get a few $100
-We did a garage sale this summer and made $1400
-We do an annual dinner where businesses donate items... we made over $1000 last year
-We sold candy bars last year... much better profit margin but still only a few $100
-Make sure you aren't asking people for money when other local groups are... people are less likely to buy when they have just been asked by other groups

Hope this helps!

marcyinPA
09-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I know Pampered Chef has a fundraiser program where you can sell certain items and get a percentage off of that.

Maybe if you have a friend that does direct sales (examples: Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, Avon, Partylite, Mary Kay, etc) they could give you the commission they would earn on the sales which can really mount up. I have done that before and it really adds up and people get things that they would use more or need more then a candy bar, etc. And this would be really nice since the holidays are coming up, it would give you something different.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if you have questions.

Our middle school band has done a Pampered Chef fundraiser for the past three years now. It's been very successful. It's easy to sell...people like Pampered Chef! It goes over so much better than selling hoagies and wrapping paper! The consultant the band uses donates her entire commission to the band, plus each person who sells gets 20% of their total order towards their "fair share".

hmdavid
09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I can get you info on Once Upon a Family fundraising if you are interested. Just PM me. It is something different and people feel like they are actually getting something for their money. With Christmas coming it is a great time to do a fundraiser with Once Upon a Family as the products make awesome gifts!

Good luck with whatever you do!

SCQ86
09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
For our scout troop, we usually do a rummage sale. We sell the tables at $15 each and let people bring whatever they want to sell. We also do pancake breakfast...get all the items donated and advertise their business ont he placemats we provide. We pre-sell tickets at $5 each....whether or not they come and eat. We usually tell the kids they have to sell about 15 tickets each....and those funds go to their goals individually. We usually net from each of these events close to $2,000!

Schachteles
09-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Our middle school band has done a Pampered Chef fundraiser for the past three years now. It's been very successful. It's easy to sell...people like Pampered Chef! It goes over so much better than selling hoagies and wrapping paper! The consultant the band uses donates her entire commission to the band, plus each person who sells gets 20% of their total order towards their "fair share".

I absolutely agree...PC is easy to sell.

PM me if you are interested in information on it, I can get you the specifics.

musclemouse
09-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Little Caesars - Always a big hit.

http://www.ozarkdelight.com/ These are the best lollipops ever!

Soccerpooh
09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
DS's 3v3 team went to Nationals last year at WDW. We had wrote letters to local businesses asking for a donation. If they donated $500 or more we put their logo or name on the uniform. We raised enough $ to pay for registration fees, airline tickets for all 6 players and 6 parents, and housing for 4 days. After the tournament we put a thank you in the local paper. We sent over 100 letters, and had 20 contributions ranging from $50 to $500, so it had about at 20% success rate.

I am assuming that you are playing in the Dick's 3v3 over president's day weekend. Since you have to go thru their travel agency for lodging, it can be expensive. We saved a ton of $$ by staying in the townhouses they offered. 2 or 3 families shared each townhome, and having a kitchen and 2 bathrooms in each townhome was great!

Good luck and have fun! It is a blast! :thumbsup2

Parksfamily5
09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Our 4-h club has done the following:
We sell Rada knives (they also have cookbooks, dips, etc.) If you sell them in October people will buy them for christmas gifts. They are really nice knives and easy to sell. They give us 40% profit.

Our McDonalds will donate 5.00 coupon books to sell. You get to keep all profits.

We also have an Elderbeermans ( dept store) that will give us 5.00 books to sell and they also let you keep 100% profit. Hope these ideas help.

mel63
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
We went in 2005. It was the Got Milk 3v3 then. We asked businesses to donate or sponsor. Those that sponsored we hung banners or signs on our canopy that we set up at the fields. We were able to set it up and leave it there for the whole time we were playing. Our biggest sponsor gave us patches that we put on our uniforms. We also sent thank you letters, and had a story put it in the local newspaper, before and after. We sold hoagies, and tickets, and collected money in front of the local Wal-Mart & grocery stores, car washes.

I am not sure how you are doing the team. We were on a rec league at the time, and our coach formed a 3v3 team from that and another team. So we kept everything separate. People that weren't on the 3v3 team didn't have to fundraise for the team or vice versa. We even bought new uniforms for the girls, that were 3v3. So no one could complain that not all were going etc. Since then, our girls have played CUP soccer, and the whole team plays 3v3. They just made 3 teams of 5 girls each, depending on ability. We have also had an indoor tournament as a fundraiser for our cup teams. Each family has to donate a basket for a chinese auction, and an item or two for a bake sale. Some get businesses to donate the basket, others make and donate one themselves. We have also had "A night at the Races."
We haven't gone back to Disney for the 3v3, because we go to many other tournaments though out the year. :sad: I have 2 girls, and the each play all year long, between school teams, CUP teams, one had ODP, and indoor in the winter, camps in the summer, state finals etc.

All the money collected from sponsors went into a pool, along with any money collected as a group. Individual collections (hoagies, candy sold, etc.) were kept track of, and each family got to keep credit. That way if you had someone that sold 100 hoagies, they got credit from the 100 and someone that sold 5 only got credit for what they sold. They then gave you an accounting of what was collected as a whole, which they divided by families going. Then an accounting of individual collections. Then a total that your family was entitled to minus any fees or expenses that had to be paid out. Then gave a check for the amount of the remainder. We used that to pay for our part of the house. In the end, the ones staying at the house got about $40 after paying fees, and lodging. The ones staying on-site got about $600, then had to pay their lodging out of that. We did it by family. There were 5 girls going on our team. A boys team went with us, a "brother" team. Of the boys, 2 were twins. They thought they should get double of the pooled money. They weren't asked to do so much for each boy, only by family. In the end, a few of us donated our remaining $40 to the mother of the twins to "shut her up." We figured it was worth the money to keep peace.:crazy:

We got a 6 bed house :crowded: from All Star Vacation Homes. Everyone had to "pay their way there." Most drove, we flew. The families that spit the house, most stayed for a week. Each family pitched in for basics, and everyone did their own thing. The ones that stayed through the travel agent, just stayed the weekend, and it was one parent, one kid or twins

So, decide how you will track money and divide it up. Figure it all now before you start raising money. Will it be buy kid, or family or it doesn't matter because there are no twins or siblings on the same team. Also make a list of expenses that has to be paid, fees etc. Also decide what each family is responsible for, like making their own reservations or will it be a group. Getting tickets for the family to watch the games. Getting to Orlando. Are some staying longer? Then keep an accounting of what is collected as a group and anything collected individually. Do some that may want to stay longer get a house? Does anyone have family that they will stay with in the Orlando area? Will one person make the decisions, or each family make there own. Get together with the families involved ASAP and decide. Is everyone going, or some not because of the cost? Is there anything that someone won't want to do. Some people won't sell tickets. Will anyone not participate in a particular fundraiser? If they won't, will they get a share of those that did? Will each family be responsible for any particulars? Try to address anything that might come up before it does. It is a lot easier to have an answer that was decided as a group before, then to upset someone later if they don't like what the group decides.

Another recommendation is to take some winter clothes. It is January. We flew out of Pittsburgh, it was 70 degrees when we left.:scared1: 83 when we arrived at MCO. Then the next day it dropped to 40 degrees and a steady cold rain. There were freeze warnings for a few counties. It lasted until Tuesday. It stopped raining and slowly warmed up. We flew back Friday, it was 75. We left our heavy winter coats in our car back in Pittsburgh. We used a parking company that had a heated shuttle, and had your car warmed up, and cleaned. It was about 25 when we got back to PGH. We bought sweatshirts and hoodies, even gloves and hats while down there. I washed our clothes every night. We expected cooler temps but not cold/freezing.

I hope I was some help. Feel free to PM is I can be any help.

luvgus
09-05-2008, 09:22 PM
WOW--thanks everyone for all your help. When I have enough post I will PM a few of you. Keep the ideas coming because I am meeting with the parent of the team on Monday. Thanks again to all

addicted2dizney
09-05-2008, 09:27 PM
This is a tough one. Why do you feel people should contribute, (or buy stuff), to subsidize your 3v3 team going to Orlando?

I've been involved in these 3v3 tournaments. They are run by a FOR-PROFIT company. This is not a community or school tournament.

Our teams have always consisted of 5-6 kids, yours too? We qualified once to go to Orlando, but chose not to. At all the tournaments, we knew that we could qualify, and if we did want to attend the nationals, it was out of our own pockets.

I could see a baseball team, or a large dance troop, having fundraisers to attend a national competition. I would never ask, and wouldn't really expect anyone to ask me to help raise funds for 4, 5 or 6 kids to go to a soccer tournament.

I see your point but truthfully just about EVERY type of competition other than a Pop Warner type are run for profit.. especially the dance troop. Living in Kernersville I'm sure you see a ton of fundraising. One of the biggest all star cheer programs in the country is in your town. They are really amazing and I am a fan back here in NJ. My daughter cheers too and although I don't do fundraising to raise the 8K a year she needs to cheer I always find a little money to drop into the can or help out a friend's kid. Anything that can keep a kid busy and away from drugs or a full time obsession with the opposite sex as a teen has a huge value for me and I'll do whatever I can to make sure others can afford the same luxury with their kids. :goodvibes

princesspwrhr
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Something to keep in mind is that you may need to have non profit status to do some of the fund raisers - like the Chick Fil A % nights and scooping at Bruesters for example.

My daughters gymnastics team is competing at the Sand Dollar Whitlow in WDW in Jan 09. Our parent association is not currently a legal non profit though our paperwork is in, so there are some fund raisers we can't do. Others will let you do it if you can prove you are a youth league (as opposed to a group of parents wanting to raise funds to pay for a WDW trip). The businesses that allow car washes in front of them might also want some proof that you're legit. Normally when your league is in the same town it isn't an issue, but when you call up some of the big fundraising places or national chains that have to go through a corporate office they may want your non profit #.

sunshine1178
09-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I was thinking tonight that there's something about Christmas that has fundraising potential... It's not a fully formed idea yet, but there must be some way to handle Christmas cards. Like people give you their cards and their list, and you stuff, label, and mail all of the cards? That would be a huge timesaver for a lot of people.

Also, I think that Barnes & Noble lets groups come in at Christmastime and wrap gifts for a few hours. I think that they provide the paper, you provide the manpower, and get to keep all the tips?

clh2
09-05-2008, 11:09 PM
What ages are the kids going on this trip?

If they are of babysitting ages...maybe they could offer a couple of different days of "drop-off babysitting" during the holidays, so the parents could get some shopping done?

TifffanyD
09-06-2008, 06:12 AM
I vote for reverse raffles. Usually they come with a nice dinner, possibly bar as well. Anything where people can win money themselves is good cause people will actually want it. My cousin's basketball team did it every year and I know they made a ton - with the main board, side boards, and bingo cards. They also got LOT of small prize donations from local companies ($15 gift cards, free car washes, hair cuts, etc.) that would be door prizes along the way

Disneycrazymom
09-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Our hockey team does a trivia night and a night at the mouse races. Both really a fun evening and no selling.

I have been in charge of school's candy bar sales (it pays for field trips) and really they were pretty easy to do. We have the family buy the box of candy from school (so it is paid for up front) then they can sell it or eat them it doesn't matter. I like Tom Evans to work with. The chocolate is good (Spirit Bars) and he is just a good guy. Boxes of candy are $52 with 50% profit per box.

This year Home and School is trying garbage bag sales?! Everyone needs them!

PrincessTiffany
09-06-2008, 01:26 PM
subbing

Malibelle
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Two Sisters Gourmet does fundraising and they offer 16 of thier items like beer bread, spinach dip..etc. You get 50% of the profit flat out! Basically you collect the order and money and give 1/2 back to the consultant. I have someone in my family doing a fundraiser now for his Eagle Scout project. I can get more info if anyone needs it.

D,L and K's Mom
09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I know your fundraisers are for dance and I am not sure your school would allow you to do any of these but a few we have done in the past that have been somewhat easy with lots of $$$ were...

We contacted a local massage person (A REAL massage therapist :) ) she went to the high school and did chair massages for the teachers. They had to sign up before and it was $1.00 a minute. The massge therapist kept 1/2 and gave the other 1/2 of the money to the team. She did great because she was able to give out her card. The team received quite nice sum of money. The teachers were very very happy....not sure if this would be allowed if the team was not a school.

They also had a StarBucks barrister come in and they made frozen drinks for the staff and students. They pre-ordered (there were only 4 choices). The Barrister set up the tables in the cafeteria and the they made the drinks, the students delivered them. When you signed up you pre-paid and you had to sign up for an hour when they would be delivered. I don't remember the split of profits but it was a great success.

OUr local Fridays let the girls use the restaurant on a Sunday morning for a pancake and bacon breakfast. The adults cooked, the kids waited and cleaned the tables. The tickets were pre-sold. Again, a huge success!!!

Good Luck!

Shelly F - Ohio
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I have not read through all the post so forgive me if this has been mentioned. Home Interior does fundraisers with their candle collection.
Now would be a good time to investigate since they make great Christmas gifts.
If your school has a holiday craft show see if you can set up a free table and take orders. Also try local churchs that may be have craft shows.

Also check with local family run restaurants and see if they would donate a portion of a nights proceeds. Ours school did this and in return a couple of the kids helped bus tables and washed dishes.

During home football games collect coins. Our fire dept does fill the boot for local children's hospital during our Labor day airshow.

One other thing is to have a bake sale. If each kid could bake one dozen cookie then you can have a cookie walk IE: take the cookies and put them loose in a cake pan. Then hand customers a bag and let them pick what cookies they want and then charge by the pound.
We have a senior citizen group that does this in our office building and it is so nice to get a mixture of different cookies to put out for guest.

CookieGVB
09-06-2008, 09:47 PM
We've done scrapbooking crop days - we ask each cropper for $40, and they get a 6' table of space, teamed up with 3 of their friends for the day. We feed them breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Supermarkets and local deli's/pizza parlors/sub places donate food items, and we usually are OOP for about $150 up front. We've made over $2,000 for each date. It's a long day, with lots of boring time in between setting up for meals, but it's much better than spending months out in the cold selling raffle tickets and worrying about making back the investment of the raffle prize.

Stacieb
09-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm with lia sophia jewelry. I do fundraisers. 25% of my commission will go to the organization and each person selling will get 20% in free jewelry. Now is a great time to raise money, with the holidays coming.
pm me if you'd like more onfo.

CookieGVB
09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
For our scout troop, we usually do a rummage sale. We sell the tables at $15 each and let people bring whatever they want to sell. We also do pancake breakfast...get all the items donated and advertise their business ont he placemats we provide. We pre-sell tickets at $5 each....whether or not they come and eat. We usually tell the kids they have to sell about 15 tickets each....and those funds go to their goals individually. We usually net from each of these events close to $2,000!

Whoa - that's a lot of pancakes!! :scared1: I can't imagine 400 people from this area coming to a pancake breakfast. Do you have other things going on at the b'fast? A 50/50? Something else?

luvgus
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for everyones help. I was able to contact Lowes Motor Speedway. They are having a big race in Oct. and the parents are going to work in a suite. We should put a huge dent in our goal. I am not into racing so I am going to do a little homework on these drivers and try to pick 1 to cheer for. Thanks again for everyones ideas.

leebee
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
We sold pasta from the Pasta Shoppe for DD's ballet corps to travel to France to put on a production with a dance program in Vendome. It was an easy sell...I think $6 for a 12oz bag of pasta. All kinds of shapes and colors available, sports pasta, animals, university teams, holidays, hobbies, dance, girlfriend etc. etc. etc. I think it was a 50% profit on sales over $2000, but I'm not sure. The kids did very well with this. We sold in November, as these made great holiday gifts for teachers, office mates, neighbors, etc.

Pizza Hut cards and wrapping at Borders were duds. PH cards were more hassle than they were worth (had to pay up front, then get refunded for unsold cards) and we made $38 for a long day at Borders.

We made about $2000 at a weekend-long yard sale (at the house across the street from Stephen King's home! Busloads of customers!) but it was a HUGE amount of work...HUGE.

We did OK selling Little Cesars Pizza/cookie dough, but almost every organization in our area sells this- I'm sure we'd have made more if there was less competition.

Party selling is harder- many have referred to it as the "parent installment plan". Most parties we had weren't very profitable, and the main buyers were the parents.

Best fundraiser was collecting cash outside of Walmart. Easy, made about $1800 each time. Car washes were fun and reasonably profitable, made about $500 per car wash, charged "donations only". We didn't keep track of the # of cars washed so don't know if we'd have done better with a flat rate. Most everyone gave us $5, and quite a few gave us $10 or more.

mom2brina
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Do you live near an arena or stadium of some sort? Around here they will let you fundraise by working a beer stand or a concesion stand and your org. gets to keep a percentage of the profits. Our 8th graders do fundraising for a trip and this is one of the big money makers. We will be doing it this year on my daughters club soccer team just to pay for the yearly expenses. Of course, it is the parents working the stands, but it means you don't have to hit up your friends and neighbors yet again!

3kidzmom
09-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Anything that can keep a kid busy and away from drugs or a full time obsession with the opposite sex as a teen has a huge value for me and I'll do whatever I can to make sure others can afford the same luxury with their kids. :goodvibes

I have absolutely no problem helping out the kids! but, I would much rather have the child sell it to me than the parents. I've been active in Girl Scouts for years, and I refuse to take a blank cookie order sheet to my office. I bring my daughter (with permission from management-of course), one morning or after school and she must ask for cookie sales. She gets one shot for that sale! I personally think she gets more orders than I would get selling for her!:)