PDA

View Full Version : Just got into my first House Party!

cindermomma
09-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi there! I just found out I was chosen to do the Cartoon Network Star Wars house party! This is my first one. :cool1: Anyone who has done them - did you like doing it? They said they will send a party package - what does that include? Decorations? Thanks for any info you can give me! :goodvibes

jendon1997
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I missed the sign up for this one. BUMMER!! Can I still register??

manhattan
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Congratulations! I was emailed to apply, but haven't heard from them. Each party is different, so keep checking the party page, they will post what they are sending.

cindermomma
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks!:goodvibes I logged into the site today to see what was going on..then it asked me to fill out an invitation for the party for our guests. I did that, and then I got an email stating basically since I was one of the first finalists to do that, I got in as a host!:cool1: I see in the email now about checking back with what they will send. What has anyone else gotten in the past? Just sitting here making out our guest list. We are excited for this...something fun to do before Halloween! Thanks for the replies!:)

idieh
09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I was fortunate enough to be selected to host the Disney Cruise Line house party back in January. It was awesome - they sent so much stuff..photo albums, a stuffed miini dresses in silver an blue for the year of a million dreams, t-shirts iron on, posters, napkins, bags, coloring pages, etc etc etc....I was also selected to host the Hershey Bliss party - again very cool, they sent 9 bags of chocolate, gift bags, etc

hambirg
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much for posting this! I just checked my e-mail and I got in too!!!:yay: My son is going to be sooooo excited!

pyrxtc
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I was just gonna post since I got in too ! MY DS is going to be really wowed since it happens on his Birthday ! Both DS's have been begging us to take them to see the movie, now I have to take them. I can't wait to see what the party package includes. My very first House Party !

cindermomma
09-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Congrats to my fellow hosts! Idieh - thanks for telling us what you got..that sounds great! :goodvibes Just checked my email, first email says I am a host, 2nd says I am a finalist. But, I am able to go fill stuff out for the party, so I am a host, right? Can't wait to tell my DS (8). All our kids (old and young;) ) are gonna have a blast! My DH is just as excited as a kid would be!

vald1977
09-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I got into this one too :banana: ! This will be my first one and I am also going to incorporate it into a birthday party for my son. I just told him about it and he is so excited.

cindermomma
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to bump this up to ask what kinds of things do they send in the free party package? I'm just so excited! :cool1: hanks for any replies!:goodvibes

jcemom
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
The party packages vary, and some are much better than others.

I got into the Cartoon Network house party too, it will be my third.

The Nestle Bliss houseparty included paper gift bags, six bags of Nestle Bliss chocolates -- two each of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and chocolate filled -- magnets, pens, grocery list pads, and a photo album for the host.

My Better Homes and Gardens Pink Plaid party package included the BH&G cookbook, 15 packages of batteries (energizer AA, I think) and 15 free salad coupons to give to each guest, a music CD, and there might have been something esle I'm forgetting.

My sister-in-law was chosen for the Gerber party. She got three cases of Gerber Organic 2-pack baby foods!!, I don't remember the flavors but they were good fruity ones I think, a bib, a bunch of coupons and gift bags, and an insulated lunch bag.

Unfortunately I didn't get in on the Margaritaville party, I think those hosts received a frozen drink maker in their packages!

The Fisher Price Playdate packages include:
1 Laugh & Learn™ Smart Bounce & Spin Pony™
1 Laugh & Learn™ Fun with Friends™ Musical Table
1 Amazing Animals™ Spinnin’Around Musical Zoo
1 Go Baby Go Crawl & Cruise Musical Jungle™
10 Fisher-Price toys to share with your guests, including Poppity Pop™, Rock-A-Stack®, and Friendly Flip Phone™
10 Infant Product Guides
10 coupons for the Fisher-Price online store

My sister in law was hoping to get that one too, but she didn't.

lynnanddbyz
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
:cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: My 8 year old is a HUGH Star Wars fan. I can't believe I got into this one. We will be partying big time with this one. I am thinking of inviting all of his little friends over in their Star Wars gear. They will have a ball.
lynnanddbyz

cindermomma
09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
I wonder what we'll get for this party? It would be so cool if the kids get light sabers or something! So, I am guessing we'll get a DVD of the cartoon to show? :surfweb: Also, will they tell us what they are sending before hand? Do they use UPS or Fed Ex? This is all new to me! Thanks!:goodvibes

brooklynheights
09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I just got in too the boys are going to be soooooooooooooooo excited can't wait to see what we get

maizy1972
09-05-2008, 12:24 PM
WOW what is this and where can I read up on the information??

monymony3471
09-05-2008, 01:41 PM
We just got selected today too!!!!:cool1:

cindermomma
09-05-2008, 01:53 PM

I just found out about this not too long ago from the dis boards! :surfweb: It is a website called house party - I googled it and found it. You sign up to host parties for companies and then they send you a free goody bag to do the party. They ask you to plan the party on their website (I am gonna print invites and email some, ect.). I guess it is all free. I just got my first party and I am excited! :wizard: If anyone else knows more info, please add it!

tchrchgo
09-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I got in also! My first one!

katiemugs2
09-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I got in also, and I am soo excited as it is my first party also!!!

mommylovesdisneymore
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Can iask what are these parties and how can I get in?

Jen_in_NH
09-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I just got my first one, but not the Star Wars one. I'm doing the Canon scrapbooking one.

Jen

MerryPoppins
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I just got the scrapbooking one, too. I think I'm going to print and mail my invitations. Seems a little more personal. Do I really need to list all my party list online? I mean, do they send the same number of favors no matter how many people are coming?

My friend and I have been talking about starting a scrapbooking club. This might be the perfect time to kick it off. But I don't have the names of all the ladies we might invite. See what I mean? I also don't want to include 20 people if we'll only get favors for 10.

AlexWyattMommy
09-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I just got the scrapbooking one, too. I think I'm going to print and mail my invitations. Seems a little more personal. Do I really need to list all my party list online? I mean, do they send the same number of favors no matter how many people are coming?

My friend and I have been talking about starting a scrapbooking club. This might be the perfect time to kick it off. But I don't have the names of all the ladies we might invite. See what I mean? I also don't want to include 20 people if we'll only get favors for 10.

Every person will get the same party pack whether you say you have 1 guest or 100 guests. As long as you send one or two thru their system, they seem to be happy.

MerryPoppins
09-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Okay thanks. That's what I'll do.

cindermomma
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I just got my first one, but not the Star Wars one. I'm doing the Canon scrapbooking one.

Jen

I actually just signed up for it today, and then it stopped taking applications...so I don't know how much of a chance I have! This party looks great! I hope I get this one too! :cool1:

tchrchgo
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
does anyone have ideas for favors and/or decorations for their parties? I was thinking of picking up some of those inflatable light sabers, but I don't want the kids going nuts in my basement hitting each other with the sabers!

Harvest02
09-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I got into the Star Wars one too! How cool!! My boys are on cloud 9!:cloud9:

Kteacher
09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I got in to the Canon scrapbooking party as well :). I checked the links to the product, and it is really cool. It looks like we will get the photo printer station as well as all the supplies needed. I'm trying to decide on a project to do for my party- maybe something for the party guests to make as Christmas gifts. What is everyone else doing?

jcemom
09-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Not sure what I'm doing yet. Usually the 'themes' are more generic and easier. This one is more specific, I'll have to brainstorm and see what I can come up with. Not sure if I want to go all out and try to keep everything themed or not. It would be easier to just have a pizza party and then theme only some decorations/favors. My boys are probably older than most here so they're not going to be interested in games or anything too childish, they're in their early teens. They'd still enjoy a good inflatable lightsaber fight though, LOL, especially if they could 'beat up' their little sister with them. :rotfl:

My DD, nieces and nephews are probably more in the target age range for this, so I'll try to keep everything age-neutral since the kids as a group range from age 3 to age 15.

If any of you have any ideas I can 'borrow' please pass them along! ;)

cindermomma
09-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Love the lightsaber idea! I am going to head over to Nobbies today to see what they have. I am excited to have this party! Any ideas for good snacks that would go with this party?:confused3

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Love the lightsaber idea! I am going to head over to Nobbies today to see what they have. I am excited to have this party! Any ideas for good snacks that would go with this party?:confused3

Space food - like the non frozen ice cream bars you can find.
Galatic food - like non-typical ethnic food to represent different "aliens".
more Galatic food - gummie shapes for snacks.
Make cool "alien" labels to put on your drinks. I made fun ones for a pirate party once that were a hit with the kids. How often do they get to drink GROG? :rotfl2:

manhattan
09-06-2008, 10:50 AM

Jen

Hi Jen -

Can I ask if your email stated how many parties they are doing? I only see 500 on the map and normally they do 1,000. If so, I will continue crossing my fingers, if not I will just have to accept that they don't love me LOL!! :confused3

pweyl36
09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I got my email yesterday saying we were accepted:cool1: .

NaplesRI
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Do you really have to have people over or can you just distribute the sample items?
Must you post pictures and give them info on other people?

bgbodnar
09-06-2008, 01:32 PM
No party for me. I've not had a party yet, I figure, it must be a age thing, I'm too old.

Leigha
09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
How often can you host a party? Do they only let you do one twice a year or something?

3AUTigerFans
09-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I saw this thread and went and signed up with them. I had not heard of this before and it sounds like a lot of fun! I hope I get choosen for something soon!

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Do you really have to have people over or can you just distribute the sample items?
Must you post pictures and give them info on other people?

I've done both. Had a real party and then sent the items and had an "internet" party. As long as you post some photos, you are good.

How often can you host a party? Do they only let you do one twice a year or something?

I've hosted at least two back-to-back. Not a lot lately as I think there is more competition to get the parties then when it first started.

dopeyfanatic
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I got into the Star Wars one also. My first one! I'm so excited. My kids and their friends are excited too. My one concern is I don't know how many kids to invite. I'd hate to invite 30 kids only have to the package only be enough for 15....that would be hard to explain to some kids they don't get something, or that young siblings have to share. Hopefully we find out what we're getting soon so I know how many to invite!

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I have seen party supplies for Clone Wars in Toys'r'us. They have sheets of temporary tattoos, paper products. You might to stock up on those to have the extras you may need.

jcemom
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I think, if I'm remembering correctly, that my packages and my SIL's package were alll for 15 people.

Leigha
09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I hope I get in - tried for the Better Homes and Gardens!!!

travelmel
09-07-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm in!

:rotfl2:

I just signed up. I'm always leary of giving away my email (JUNK MAIL STINKS!) but I said to DH... If the dis-ers are doing it... it must be alright.

I've signed up for the Barilla party. You girls with the clone wars and scrapbooking stuff are so going to have fun!

Thanks for the great info, Dis folks.

Melissa

tchrchgo
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi all,I ordered these inflatable light-up light sabers for my party guests to add to the party package.

wanted to share with the board in case someone else might be interested.

http://www.parties4kids.com/birthdaypartysupplies/Hswls-MOVTV_STWARS.html

AlexWyattMommy
09-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Jen -

Can I ask if your email stated how many parties they are doing? I only see 500 on the map and normally they do 1,000. If so, I will continue crossing my fingers, if not I will just have to accept that they don't love me LOL!! :confused3

It was only 500 parties for the Canon one.

della
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM

I'd like to know too!

travelmel
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
houseparty.com

I just signed up myself. :) We'll see!

tchrchgo
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
to those who have hosted parties- does having more guests and posting pics increase your chances of getting more parties?

I noticed for the star wars party, many people are listed as having zero guests! I invited people thinking I had to- if I had known many people didn't actually have parties I wouldn't have bothered!

I invited one 6 yr old from my son's class, and his mom rsvp'd they're bringing their "not invited" 12 yr old also- that makes 16 kids, I am trying to figure out how to handle the goodie bags with one too few if they in fact only send 15!

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
to those who have hosted parties- does having more guests and posting pics increase your chances of getting more parties?

I noticed for the star wars party, many people are listed as having zero guests! I invited people thinking I had to- if I had known many people didn't actually have parties I wouldn't have bothered!

I invited one 6 yr old from my son's class, and his mom rsvp'd they're bringing their "not invited" 12 yr old also- that makes 16 kids, I am trying to figure out how to handle the goodie bags with one too few if they in fact only send 15!

That one is easy, the 12 yr old wasn't invited, he is the wrong age bracket, so he gets the different goodie bag you make up from party supplies available at the store. :thumbsup2

I saw that too, the 0 guests and 0 photos. Every other party I've hosted stated you had to invite Xamount of guests and post Xamount of photos to be considered a finalist. I didn't apply to this one, so I don't know what the criteria was to be a finalist.

jcemom
09-09-2008, 06:43 AM
I also thought you had to invite a certain number of guests and upload three photos to be a host. I'm not sure you need to put them all on your guest list on the houseparty site, since you can invite some by phone or mail and not just by email, but I always put all of mine on anyway, even if I'm not emailing the invitation.

I received an email to apply for a Grey Poupon houseparty. There was a paragraph in the application process that stated they will be monitoring hosts to be sure they follow the rules. Maybe it's a problem they've become aware of and plan to take care of? It also mentioned not creating multiple accounts to try to receive more than one party package per address, and specified that products must be given away to guests and not kept.

If you go to the site and apply for it you should see the exact wording. I'm sure I left something out.

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I also thought you had to invite a certain number of guests and upload three photos to be a host. I'm not sure you need to put them all on your guest list on the houseparty site, since you can invite some by phone or mail and not just by email, but I always put all of mine on anyway, even if I'm not emailing the invitation.

I received an email to apply for a Grey Poupon houseparty. There was a paragraph in the application process that stated they will be monitoring hosts to be sure they follow the rules. Maybe it's a problem they've become aware of and plan to take care of? It also mentioned not creating multiple accounts to try to receive more than one party package per address, and specified that products must be given away to guests and not kept.

If you go to the site and apply for it you should see the exact wording. I'm sure I left something out.

I saw that too. I hate that they have to state the obvious and that some people will still not comply, only in it for the free stuff.
I don't always have a physical party on that day, but all the items do go to the guest I invited. We've had a chocolate tasting party via the internet. That was fun, but it did make for messy keyboards. :rotfl2:

cindermomma
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
When I got in, I invited 10 people and uploaded 1 photo. This is my first party. So, do we usually get supplies for 15 people? Our list just increased by a couple kids, so I want to be sure to have enough goodie bags. This is so fun!:cool1: Thanks to my dis friends for showing me house party and for the great tips! :wizard:

cindermomma
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I also wanted to add that I thought of another cool snack...popcorn balls and call then "Planet Hoth Balls" (the snow planet!). Or maybe peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate and call them "Death Stars". I would love to hear if you guys thought of any more fun ideas! :goodvibes

Paul6725
09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Wookie Cookies and Yoda Swamp Punch are always good.

cindermomma
09-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I hope someone is on right now! Help! I made an invitation with directions to our house on the website...it lets me edit it, but I can't print this one. The invitation it wants me to print doesn't have the "what to bring" part. the "party mantra" part or the directions to our house. The invite it lets me print (by the guests name where it says print invitation) is one that just says our house and the time basically. I hope I am making sense!:confused3 Any one able to help this dis'er? Please reply as I am trying to get these ready today to send out! :surfweb: Thanks!:goodvibes

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I hope someone is on right now! Help! I made an invitation with directions to our house on the website...it lets me edit it, but I can't print this one. The invitation it wants me to print doesn't have the "what to bring" part. the "party mantra" part or the directions to our house. The invite it lets me print (by the guests name where it says print invitation) is one that just says our house and the time basically. I hope I am making sense!:confused3 Any one able to help this dis'er? Please reply as I am trying to get these ready today to send out! :surfweb: Thanks!:goodvibes

I think the whole point of their system is for you to get your guests to log on to their website. Which is why it won't print those things.

You will have to copy & paste it into a wordtype program yourself to print out.

cindermomma
09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the whole point of their system is for you to get your guests to log on to their website. Which is why it won't print those things.

You will have to copy & paste it into a wordtype program yourself to print out.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for confirming that!

Worfiedoodles
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
I started another thread about the Clone Wars party, I hadn't seen this one...

The Clone Wars party is also our first, my ds10 could not be more excited. I am so eager to find out what is in the box, so I can get what I need to supplement it. I want to make sure each child gets a great goody bag, and it would help if I knew what was coming...

Oh! In my rsvps, I had parents replying they are coming as well, which is a bit unusual (usually by this age they just drop off and pick up). I think everyone wants to see this new show!

I am a bit behind in that I never learned how to download photos from our digital camera to the computer and then post them to the internet. I think there's just a connection we hook-up between the camera and computer, but one of my tasks for this weekend is to figure it out. It's taking Star Wars to drag me into the 21st century!

Maria

cindermomma
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I started another thread about the Clone Wars party, I hadn't seen this one...

The Clone Wars party is also our first, my ds10 could not be more excited. I am so eager to find out what is in the box, so I can get what I need to supplement it. I want to make sure each child gets a great goody bag, and it would help if I knew what was coming...

Oh! In my rsvps, I had parents replying they are coming as well, which is a bit unusual (usually by this age they just drop off and pick up). I think everyone wants to see this new show!

I am a bit behind in that I never learned how to download photos from our digital camera to the computer and then post them to the internet. I think there's just a connection we hook-up between the camera and computer, but one of my tasks for this weekend is to figure it out. It's taking Star Wars to drag me into the 21st century!

Maria

LOL about the parents...I am thinking we're gonna have some parents here as well! I finally figured out how to upload pics to the computer:surfweb: , so my party site has some pics and I am gonna add more after the party! I can't wait to see what's in the packages they send out! House party said it was going to be the best package yet from Cartoon Network, so who knows!:banana:

WeLuvDiznee
09-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I finally got in! I got the Canon party. I've been trying for over a year. I don't think it's an age issue, I'm over the 40 group, and just got in. I sign up for all of them.I'm so happy, I love to scrapbook! Good luck to you and keep trying!

manhattan
09-09-2008, 04:48 PM

I noticed the paragraph in the Grey Poupon application and it is sad that I have seen so many parties without any pictures or invites. Some people flat out say they don't do anything that is asked of them - which is just so wrong :confused3

MerryPoppins
09-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I've been wanting to kick off a scrapbooking club in my area. I figure the Cannon House Party is the perfect time to do this. We can get together to snack, scrap and I'll demonstrate the printer. Then they'll all get goodies to take home. Maybe I'll even make a set of page elements to go with our first night of scrapping together that I can share so we can all do a layout.

I'm one of the people with zero in my invite list. I actually have people listed, but it didn't count them since I didn't add email addresses. I'd rather invite via snailmail. It says we can do that - do they mind?

I'm also interested in how many they usually send goodies for? Eventually I hope our group gets large, but I'd like to keep this first gathering to the size that I have bags for, if you know what I mean. I don't want anyone left out. Is it usually about 15? I'd love to know so I can get my invitations out.

AlexWyattMommy
09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I've been wanting to kick off a scrapbooking club in my area. I figure the Cannon House Party is the perfect time to do this. We can get together to snack, scrap and I'll demonstrate the printer. Then they'll all get goodies to take home. Maybe I'll even make a set of page elements to go with our first night of scrapping together that I can share so we can all do a layout.

I'm one of the people with zero in my invite list. I actually have people listed, but it didn't count them since I didn't add email addresses. I'd rather invite via snailmail. It says we can do that - do they mind?

I'm also interested in how many they usually send goodies for? Eventually I hope our group gets large, but I'd like to keep this first gathering to the size that I have bags for, if you know what I mean. I don't want anyone left out. Is it usually about 15? I'd love to know so I can get my invitations out.

Thank you for that. It is good to see that just because it says 0, it doesn't really mean zero. Did you know you can invite them snail mail and they can still respond on the website yes or no and then your guest count will reflect that? That will help HouseParty know that you are really showing off the product to live people.

I love the elements idea. I made some the "My Gym Partner is a Monkey" party. I'll PM the photo to you later. :)

dopeyfanatic
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Most of my people are names with no emails, but it still shows I have 22. I have more that I want to invite, but I'm really concerned about having enough favors. I'd hate to not have enough of whatever they send in the kit! This is killing me!

jcemom
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Star Wars Party Packs are shipping...

Your Party Package Has Shipped!
All across the country, party hosts are about to get their Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™ House Party package

If you don’t receive your package by end of day 9/22 please contact us right away at help@houseparty.com.

No doubt about it—The Force is with this FREE party pack:

DVD featuring the premiere episode of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™
1 Sculpted Mask
10 paper masks
10 tattoo sheets
10 sticker sheets
10—8x10 posters
10 balloons
Special SUPRISE gift from HASBRO
Special host gift: reusable green-friendly tote bag

Ugh. Party supplies are for 10 guests! I think many of us planned for 15! :sad2:

bonzarella
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
We got in on this one too! Our 1st:banana: Got the email while in WDW, now need to get in gear & start planning. I was going to do parents along with the kids. Anyone else including adults?

pyrxtc
09-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Ugh. Party supplies are for 10 guests! I think many of us planned for 15! :sad2:

yeah, I'm glad that I didn't send out my invites yet. I'm trying to convince DS to invite the girls in his class and not just the boys. It will be partly his very 1st birthday party with friends and I want him to invite his whole class.

marshallandcartersmo
09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Am I the only one left that hasn't received their Lipstick Jungle party pack?? I'm starting to worry.

I tried using the tracking codes from other Dis'ers but that didn't work. :guilty:

Worfiedoodles
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM

I'm also a little disappointed in the contents, unless the surprise from Hasbro is ten action figures...I was kind of counting on getting them, and I guess I'll go buy some if they don't come through. The goody bag contents don't seem all that stellar if that's not the case...

jcemom
09-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm also a little disappointed in the contents, unless the surprise from Hasbro is ten action figures...I was kind of counting on getting them, and I guess I'll go buy some if they don't come through. The goody bag contents don't seem all that stellar if that's not the case...I agree. Paper masks, tattoos, stickers and balloons? Those are the equivalent of dollar store items. And is it just me, or did you notice that there isn't any mention of gift bags this time? My other packages came with white paper gift bags to decorate and use to hold the party favors as goody bags. I hope they're in there and just not mentioned. Unless I'm pleasantly surprised with Hasbro's gift(s) I'm going to be very disappointed in this party package. Other than getting to preview the show the rest of the stuff is more or less junk. :confused3

Motherofboys
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree. Paper masks, tattoos, stickers and balloons? Those are the equivalent of dollar store items. And is it just me, or did you notice that there isn't any mention of gift bags this time? My other packages came with white paper gift bags to decorate and use to hold the party favors as goody bags. I hope they're in there and just not mentioned. Unless I'm pleasantly surprised with Hasbro's gift(s) I'm going to be very disappointed in this party package. Other than getting to preview the show the rest of the stuff is more or less junk. :confused3

Wow, have you been doing houseparty.com for long?? :confused: This is a typical party package for this type of party. The ones for Ben 10 and Hersher Bliss were very similar.

It's FREE, I guess I don't get the complaining and disappointment? :confused3

The big package parties like Margaritaville and Fisher Price are very limited in numbers, they are extremely hard to get into and then people that do get into them are off selling the packages on ebay! :headache:

It's free party supplies for you to spread the word on the new tv series, I happen to think that it's a really cool program but maybe my expectations are lower since I'm not even paying for the stuff and all I have to do is host a party and post pictures.

I hope you enjoy the party package even if it is "dollar store" type items. If not, at least you're not out anything.

Kycha
09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm in!

:rotfl2:

I just signed up. I'm always leary of giving away my email (JUNK MAIL STINKS!) but I said to DH... If the dis-ers are doing it... it must be alright.

I've signed up for the Barilla party. You girls with the clone wars and scrapbooking stuff are so going to have fun!

Thanks for the great info, Dis folks.

Melissa
I have a "junk" e-mail address for just that reason. I give it out for things I think will generate junk mail. That way I can keep my main e-mail account free of spam and junk mail.

Am I the only one left that hasn't received their Lipstick Jungle party pack?? I'm starting to worry.

I tried using the tracking codes from other Dis'ers but that didn't work. :guilty:
You need to contact them(if you haven't already) and let them know you haven't received your party pack yet.
help@houseparty.com (mhelp@houseparty.com)

Worfiedoodles
09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, have you been doing houseparty.com for long?? :confused: This is a typical party package for this type of party. The ones for Ben 10 and Hersher Bliss were very similar.

The big package parties like Margaritaville and Fisher Price are very limited in numbers, they are extremely hard to get into and then people that do get into them are off selling the packages on ebay! :headache:

It's free party supplies for you to spread the word on the new tv series, I happen to think that it's a really cool program but maybe my expectations are lower since I'm not even paying for the stuff and all I have to do is host a party and post pictures.

I hope you enjoy the party package even if it is "dollar store" type items. If not, at least you're not out anything.

This is my first House Party -- the first I heard about it was people posting about what they received for the Fisher Price house party, so perhaps my expectations were too high. When I went on the site and looked around, it seemed like people were getting real merchandise for their parties -- so that is where my disappointment comes from. Free is good, but it's not really "free" if I have to go out and supply goodie bags and contents to fill them out, in addition to the other expenses of a party. I don't think it's unrealistic to have had higher expectations, but perhaps my husband was right when he said it's just a scam to get you to promote their product with very little return for your time.

Maria

pyrxtc
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
This is my first House Party -- the first I heard about it was people posting about what they received for the Fisher Price house party, so perhaps my expectations were too high. When I went on the site and looked around, it seemed like people were getting real merchandise for their parties -- so that is where my disappointment comes from. Free is good, but it's not really "free" if I have to go out and supply goodie bags and contents to fill them out, in addition to the other expenses of a party. I don't think it's unrealistic to have had higher expectations, but perhaps my husband was right when he said it's just a scam to get you to promote their product with very little return for your time.

Maria

you don't have to do that.

I don't give out goody bags at any of my parties so these will have to serve another purpose and another way to give them to the guests. I don't believe in "good bags". I think the only person getting presents should be the guest of honor. The other kids are there to enjoy time spent and cake and Ice cream. But hat is a whole other thread.

UCFALUM
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
My boys are very excited for this party and I am happy we "finally" got a party! We have invited 10 families- most of our friends have at least 2 kiddies so we would hand out the giveaways as family gifts. My boys share everything and for a free party where all we have asked people is to show up-I wasn't going to go crazy and buy every kid a $7.00 lightsabre. The point is to promote the show and the play date party atmosphere is all the houseparty people have asked for, right? It has been fun to plan the Star Wars themed food and I went as far as to check the dollar store for noodles (no) and all the other great ideas from this thread. It's all about expectations, right so what are your guests expecting?

Worfiedoodles
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
My boys are very excited for this party and I am happy we "finally" got a party! We have invited 10 families- most of our friends have at least 2 kiddies so we would hand out the giveaways as family gifts. My boys share everything and for a free party where all we have asked people is to show up-I wasn't going to go crazy and buy every kid a $7.00 lightsabre. The point is to promote the show and the play date party atmosphere is all the houseparty people have asked for, right? It has been fun to plan the Star Wars themed food and I went as far as to check the dollar store for noodles (no) and all the other great ideas from this thread. It's all about expectations, right so what are your guests expecting?

My guests are expecting toys! Their moms also apply for House Parties and have gotten some, and they all assumed (yes, I know what you do when you assume), toys would be included in the package. I really hope they are, and if they aren't I will be buying some because I don't want the kids to be disappointed.

you don't have to do that.

I don't give out goody bags at any of my parties so these will have to serve another purpose and another way to give them to the guests. I don't believe in "good bags". I think the only person getting presents should be the guest of honor. The other kids are there to enjoy time spent and cake and Ice cream. But hat is a whole other thread.

You are absolutely right, it is not a requirement to give out a goody bag. It is an expectation my guests have, and since I don't have a personal objection, I expect to fulfill it.

The kids are going to have a blast, it is going to be a fantastic time. I am just slightly disappointed (not mad or antagonistic, just disappointed -- isn't it ok to have my own opinion? :confused3 ). As I stated before, but I probably had unrealistic expectations about what might be included in the package. We are excited to be hosting the party, and we will supplement what we get in the package and enjoy picking out the items we select.

Maria

Motherofboys
09-15-2008, 09:14 PM

Maria

Having your own opinion and being disappointed is fine, but I think calling it a "scam" is really quite rude. :sad2:

You applied to have a party to promote their product, whether the party package was valued at $30 or $300.

And I don't know of any other houseparty that has included toys except for the Fisher Price one which was extremely hard to get - I think they only had like 500 nationwide.

This is a typical party package, it's meant to provide some fun goodies for the kids but the main draw is supposed to be previewing the new episode before everyone else.

And of course you don't have to apply for houseparties in the future if you don't think the party package is worth your time.

I hope you guys do have a fun party, I'm sure the kids will have a good time and like the stuff if they are Star Wars fans - try not to stress yourself out about the toy thing, kids shouldn't be expecting $10+ goody bags. :confused:

tinytink
09-15-2008, 09:41 PM

Maria
Wow, please stop applying for parties so those of us who appreciate hosting the parties and appreciate the thing that are sent to us for FREE can get in on these parties. My kids would have loved to get in on the Star Wars one but we didn't get offered it. Dollar store stuff or not you are still getting something free to promote the subject or merchandise, don't tell me you are going to send House Party a bill for the food/drinks you may or may not provide. What you make of you party is up to you, if you feel the party supplies are not satifactory then by all mean go and purchase your own to make it what you want. But really please don't knock what you are getting for FREE when others are getting NOTHING!

Worfiedoodles
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Having your own opinion and being disappointed is fine, but I think calling it a "scam" is really quite rude. :sad2:

You applied to have a party to promote their product, whether the party package was valued at $30 or $300.

And I don't know of any other houseparty that has included toys except for the Fisher Price one which was extremely hard to get - I think they only had like 500 nationwide.

This is a typical party package, it's meant to provide some fun goodies for the kids but the main draw is supposed to be previewing the new episode before everyone else.

And of course you don't have to apply for houseparties in the future if you don't think the party package is worth your time.

I hope you guys do have a fun party, I'm sure the kids will have a good time and like the stuff if they are Star Wars fans - try not to stress yourself out about the toy thing, kids shouldn't be expecting $10+ goody bags. :confused:

Well, I didn't think it was a scam or I wouldn't have applied, my husband has a different view -- again, I would hope he's entitled to his own opinion. If you think that's rude, then I guess you do. To each his own. Since this is the "just got my first house party" post, I think it would be unusual for every single person to have the exact same opinion. I would think there would be a range, from it's the greatest thing since sliced bread to it's the root of yucky.

I would also think that people are finding out more about it as they go, and they are allowed and encouraged to form more informed opinions as they go through the process. This time next week I may think this is the best thing ever, but I need to learn more about it.

I didn't say I wasn't going to hold the party because I didn't think the items were valuable enough, just that I'm not sure it is turning out to be the opportunity I was expecting. And you are absolutely right, this may very well be the only party we ever apply to host.

Kids in our area do expect a $10+ goody bag. Right or wrong that is our reality. I really don't understand the animosity -- I would never tell someone else their "goodies" were inferior because they cost too little. If I and my peers consider it being a good hostess to provide a goody bag of that value, and it is a shared opinion of those we interact with, how does that diminish anyone else? I think everyone should hold the party they are comfortable with, and share ideas for the parties rather than attack new people who are finding out it isn't what they expected.

That said, I will keep my further opinions to myself, whether I love it or leave it. I usually count on the dis for advice and support (or at least not judgemental generalities), but then I hang out in the WISH thread most of the time...guess I'd better head back there.

My goodness, by the defense you would think I had proposed poolhopping or bringing back last year's mug! ;)

travelmel
09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Well, I didn't think it was a scam or I wouldn't have applied, my husband has a different view -- again, I would hope he's entitled to his own opinion. If you think that's rude, then I guess you do. To each his own. Since this is the "just got my first house party" post, I think it would be unusual for every single person to have the exact same opinion. I would think there would be a range, from it's the greatest thing since sliced bread to it's the root of yucky.

I would also think that people are finding out more about it as they go, and they are allowed and encouraged to form more informed opinions as they go through the process. This time next week I may think this is the best thing ever, but I need to learn more about it.

I didn't say I wasn't going to hold the party because I didn't think the items were valuable enough, just that I'm not sure it is turning out to be the opportunity I was expecting. And you are absolutely right, this may very well be the only party we ever apply to host.

Kids in our area do expect a $10+ goody bag. Right or wrong that is our reality. I really don't understand the animosity -- I would never tell someone else their "goodies" were inferior because they cost too little. If I and my peers consider it being a good hostess to provide a goody bag of that value, and it is a shared opinion of those we interact with, how does that diminish anyone else? I think everyone should hold the party they are comfortable with, and share ideas for the parties rather than attack new people who are finding out it isn't what they expected.

That said, I will keep my further opinions to myself, whether I love it or leave it. I usually count on the dis for advice and support (or at least not judgemental generalities), but then I hang out in the WISH thread most of the time...guess I'd better head back there.

My goodness, by the defense you would think I had proposed poolhopping or bringing back last year's mug! ;)

Well said!
It's important to hear other people's opinions to get a well rounded idea of what's going on.

:eek: to those of you who were so sharp tongued to Woorfiedoodles! I'm sure there was a much nicer way to express YOUR opinion about HER opinion.

Of course, that's just MY opinion.

Sorry, Woorfieldoodles that you were blasted like that. And I'll risk my own blasting to say so. :hug:

But of course, I'll be unsubscribed to this thread by then. :rolleyes1

dementia412
09-15-2008, 11:43 PM
When someone is listed as having no guests that doesn't always mean they are not inviting people. I never invite through the site, but I've had several parties. Only one didn't happen. I kept trying, but it just kept falling apart. I ended up giving the stuff away to my daughter's preschool class. What would I do with 10-15 identical (and very bad btw) cds? :rotfl2: Now I desperatly wanted to eat all the Hershey Bliss myself, but my dh forced me to actually share it. Hes an ogre sometimes.
I wish I had been picked for the Barbie one. It was right around my dd9's birthday and that would have been awesome for her party, but at least I got in on this one.

jcemom
09-16-2008, 07:48 AM

I hope you enjoy the party package even if it is "dollar store" type items. If not, at least you're not out anything.This is my third party and my SIL has hosted one, my first tv show package. There's plenty of Star Wars merchandise out there. The Fisher Price party got LOTS of toys to test out and share with the guests, the Barbie party got some toys, etc. We get paper goods. As for it being free, well, yes, the party pack is free but it costs me a good bit to actually throw the party so the entire experience isn't free -- it appears to me that I'll "be out" quite a bit more than planned. With the exception of the DVD the rest of the package would have cost nearly nothing in comparison to how much I need to spend so I consider it almost worthless... unless the surprise gift turns out to be great, and it might. I'm holding off on my overall judgement until I see what it is.

I did the Hershey Bliss party and I think the candy in that box was 'worth' more than the junk in this one. We did a tasting, informal, so it didn't require much as far as refreshments and decorations. I also did the Pink Plaid party which may not have had terrific merchandise (cookbook for me, batteries and free salad coupons for guests, plus gift bags), but its overall perceived value was better than this and considering it was a recipe/cooking party it was easier to theme, very inexpensively, for me. It was also for adults so didn't require all that much in the way of decorations and treats beyond what was sent with the package.

I wasn't expecting to put out as much money as it looks like I'm going to have to put out for this party. The contents of this package are not going to make what *I* consider a good party without a LOT of additions. I was expecting to add a few decorations, some food and candy, and a party favor or two. Now it appears that not only do I need to add ALL the decorations and food/candy, but ALL the party favors too and my own bags on top of that. I'm disappointed. I'm entitled to be disappointed and I'm entitled to express that disappointment here on this public forum.

For those of you who are thrilled with this package, I'm happy that you're happy.

Motherofboys
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
This is my third party and my SIL has hosted one, my first tv show package. There's plenty of Star Wars merchandise out there. The Fisher Price party got LOTS of toys to test out and share with the guests, the Barbie party got some toys, etc. We get paper goods. As for it being free, well, yes, the party pack is free but it costs me a good bit to actually throw the party so the entire experience isn't free -- it appears to me that I'll "be out" quite a bit more than planned. With the exception of the DVD the rest of the package would have cost nearly nothing in comparison to how much I need to spend so I consider it almost worthless... unless the surprise gift turns out to be great, and it might. I'm holding off on my overall judgement until I see what it is.

I did the Hershey Bliss party and I think the candy in that box was 'worth' more than the junk in this one. We did a tasting, informal, so it didn't require much as far as refreshments and decorations. I also did the Pink Plaid party which may not have had terrific merchandise (cookbook for me, batteries and free salad coupons for guests, plus gift bags), but its overall perceived value was better than this and considering it was a recipe/cooking party it was easier to theme, very inexpensively, for me. It was also for adults so didn't require all that much in the way of decorations and treats beyond what was sent with the package.

I wasn't expecting to put out as much money as it looks like I'm going to have to put out for this party. The contents of this package are not going to make what *I* consider a good party without a LOT of additions. I was expecting to add a few decorations, some food and candy, and a party favor or two. Now it appears that not only do I need to add ALL the decorations and food/candy, but ALL the party favors too and my own bags on top of that. I'm disappointed. I'm entitled to be disappointed and I'm entitled to express that disappointment here on this public forum.

For those of you who are thrilled with this package, I'm happy that you're happy.

Okay, last comment and then I'm going to leave this thread alone because obviously I cannot write my opinion in a way that is nice enough not to offend people. :confused3

I don't think anyone got "blasted" for voicing their opinion. Saying that someone is being rude when they are making comments like "dollar store stuff", "bunch of crap" and "scam" is truthful. Sorry if that is not "being nice enough" when offering my opinion about their opinion. :confused:

And this is a typical TV show party pack - the point is to promote the TV SHOW, not the various Star Wars toys that might be out there. If you expected toys in the package then your expectations were unrealistic, it is not a Hasbro Star Wars toys house party.

As previous posters have said - if it's not worth your time if you aren't getting a $100+ party pack, then please don't apply - there are others out there who want the party and would appreciate the party package. :thumbsup2

jcemom
09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Okay, last comment and then I'm going to leave this thread alone because obviously I cannot write my opinion in a way that is nice enough not to offend people. :confused3

I don't think anyone got "blasted" for voicing their opinion. Saying that someone is being rude when they are making comments like "dollar store stuff", "bunch of crap" and "scam" is truthful. Sorry if that is not "being nice enough" when offering my opinion about their opinion. :confused:

And this is a typical TV show party pack - the point is to promote the TV SHOW, not the various Star Wars toys that might be out there. If you expected toys in the package then your expectations were unrealistic, it is not a Hasbro Star Wars toys house party.

As previous posters have said - if it's not worth your time if you aren't getting a $100+ party pack, then please don't apply - there are others out there who want the party and would appreciate the party package. :thumbsup2I never said anyone wasn't being nice enough, I don't think. I don't care what you think, and I don't mean that in a rude way though I know that's probably how it sounds. I'm not sure how else to say it. I'm not offended in the least that you don't like my opinion. I don't like what's in the package, that is MY opinion. It seems that most people love what's in the package, and they're entitled to their opinions. I truly am happy that everyone else is so happy, I didn't mean that in a snarky way at all. I meant it as I said it. I'm happy that you're happy.

I understand we're to promote the tv show. I was just thinking it would be more of a party with fun things/toys to hand out. I was wrong. That happens every now and then, I can't always be right, LOL, just don't tell my kids.

Were my expectations unrealistic? I guess they were. Regardless of whether they were realistic or not they were still my expectations and I'm disappointed.

As for leaving the parties to others, I'd have been happy to do that had I known in advance what I was, or wasn't, getting. We are happy to preview the show, that's for sure. However, I'd have saved my money and waited a few days to watch it along with everyone else had I known I wasn't going to be able to have the really great party I thought I could have without spending a ton of money. I accept that most don't feel as I do and I'm fine with that. If we knew in advance what was included with the party packs we could decline to host if we didn't like it. That's not the way it works though.

I also think they should let us know in advance how many people to invite. My other parties and my SIL's were for 15 so I thought this one would be too, but it's only for 10. I do plan to suggest that when HouseParty asks for our feedback afterwards.

I will most likely still apply for more house parties. I just won't apply for tv show parties now that I know the packages aren't up to my standards. :rotfl:

jcemom
09-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Somone a while back asked what is typically included in the House Party packages. I went to the site and checked on a bunch of them, something I guess I should have done a long time ago. It appears that all of the tv show parties I checked included supplies for 10 guests. I didn't know that because the parties I hosted (not for tv shows) and my SIL's party all included supplies for 15, so I thought all parties would be for 15. I know better than to assume, darn it.

Hope this is helpful to everyone else:

Ice Road Truckers
1 Exclusive DVD featuring a sneak peek at Season 2, and a recap of Season 1
1 Ice Road Truckers t-shirt
15 Ice Road Truckers bumper stickers
15 temporary tattoos
3 drink cozies
3 bottle opener key chains
3 air fresheners

TNT Ladies Night
10 Deluxe Wine Totes
10 Wine Glasses
10 Wine Openers
10 Sets of Wine Glass Charms
The Closer and Saving Grace DVD

Gerber Organic
16, 2-packs of Gerber Organic Pear Wild Blueberry, Apple Strawberry and Gerber Apple Sweet Potato
1 Gerber Childrenswear baby bib for your baby—a gift to you for hosting
1 thermal lunch bag—a gift to you for hosting
16 discount coupons each for Gerber Organic Foods and for Gerber Childrenswear
16 Start Healthy, Stay Healthy Pamphlets
15 branded white bags made from recycled paper

Mattel Barbie
1 Barbie Candy Glam Styling Head
1 Barbie Totally Hair Wave It! Doll
15 Exclusive Barbie sticker sheets
15 Barbie Makeover activity sheets
15 copies of Fashion, hair and beauty tips from Barbie

TNT Raising the Bar
10 Raising the Bar Cups
10 Raising the Bar Napkins
1 Raising the Bar Cooler
10 Raising the Bar coasters (sets of 4)
1 Raising the Bar sneak-peek DVD

Fisher Price
1 Laugh & Learn™ Smart Bounce & Spin Pony™
1 Laugh & Learn™ Fun with Friends™ Musical Table
1 Amazing Animals™ Spinnin’ Around Musical Zoo
1 Go Baby Go Crawl & Cruise Musical Jungle™
10 Fisher-Price toys to share with your guests, including Poppity Pop™ vehicles, Rock-A-Stack®, and Snap Lock® Beads
10 Infant Product Guides
10 coupons for the Fisher-Price online store
10 gift bags

Orville and Maybelline
3 boxes of Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet ® Popping Corn in Natural Lime & Salt
4 boxes of Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet ® Popping Corn in Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper
15 Orville Popcorn bowls
15 Orville Postcards
6 Orville Coupon offers
15 Lipstick Jungle Collectable Bonfire Postcards
1 Lipstick Jungle Season 2 premiere preview DVD
1 Lipstick Jungle book by Candace Bushnell
Maybelline New York Cosmetics:
15 Colossal Volum’ Express Mascaras
15 Mineral Power Lipcolors
15 Mineral Power Packette samples
1 Maybelline Lipstick
1 Expert Wear Shadow
1 Maybelline New York Lip Liner

Kellogg's
15 boxes of Kellogg’s™ Live Bright™ Double Chocolate brain health bars
15 boxes of Kellogg’s™ Live Bright™ Dark Chocolate Vanilla brain health bars
1 Big Brain Academy Board Game
Live Bright™ product coupons to share with your guests
15 brain scrambler puzzles

Alli
stylish reusable tote bags
copies of we lost it, a book filled with inspirational stories from successful alli users
fat percentage calculators
low-fat recipes
two-week meal planners

Cartoon Network Clone Wars
DVD featuring the premiere episode of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™
1 Sculpted Mask
10 paper masks
10 tattoo sheets
10 sticker sheets
10—8x10 posters
10 balloons
Special SUPRISE gift from HASBRO
Special host gift: reusable green-friendly tote bag

SC Johnson
1 Pledge® Multi-Surface Duster OR Glade® Scented Oil Candle
1 Eco-friendly multi-use tote
1 Kitchen Timer
1 Refrigerator magnet
15 “Fresh and Inviting” Booklets with household tips, recipes and coupons
15 Grocery pads
15 Glade® fragrance samplers
30 Party napkins

Hershey's Bliss
3 flavors of HERSHEY’S BLISS Chocolate: milk chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate with a meltaway center. (3 bags of each flavor— plenty for the party and enough for your guests to take some home)
1 personal photo album especially for you —our thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into hosting
15 Cocktail napkins to serve HERSHEY’S BLISS chocolates
Great gift giveaways for your guests: grocery list pads, pens, and fridge magnets. (15 of each)
15 White party gift bags for your guests’ take-home gifts. You can download graphics from party favors to create blissful stickers to decorate the bags

Cartoon Network Ben 10
Ben 10: Alien Force t-shirt
Exclusive DVD, including the first half of the premiere episode and a lost episode from the original Ben 10 series
Patch sets (10 per host)
Face masks (10 per host)
Tattoos (10 per host)
Balloons
Party cups, plates and napkins

Lipstick Jungle
(10) Volume XL Seductions Lip Plumper—for the most voluptuous lips ever
(1) Define-A-Lash® Volume Mascara—clump-free volume that’s defined like never before
(1) Expert Wear Quad Eye Shadow—crease-proof, true color shades for all day wear
(1) Shine Seduction Glossy Lipcolor—with conditioning Vitamin E and Aqua-Botanicals
(9) Lipstick Jungle Cosmetic Bag—to hold all your makeup goodies
(6) Black Satin Eye Mask—we all need our beauty sleep
(3) Soothing Bath Salts—to melt away any stressful day
(10) Mirror Compact—we could always use an extra one of these
(8) Bluefly coupons
(50) Party Napkins
(1) Lipstick Jungle Pilot Episode DVD

cindermomma
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone know how long it takes to get the packages? Are they shipped UPS? And where do they ususally ship from? I see someone on the houseparty site already got their package!

Motherofboys
09-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone know how long it takes to get the packages? Are they shipped UPS? And where do they ususally ship from? I see someone on the houseparty site already got their package!

Mine are shipped with DHL. Not sure where they come from. :)

Kudos to jcemom for the list, gives people a much better idea of what they can expect when applying for parties. :)

Also the tv parties are much easier to get b/c there are literally 4x more parties usually than the big ones with lots of product (like Fisher Price). And usually if you get an email from houseparty inviting you to apply for a party, there is a box on the right side of the first screen that tells you the party package contents up front so you can decide whether or not you would be interested.

Today for example I got one for the Saturn Real Simple party. Here were the contents:

If you are selected to host, you'll receive a fabulous party pack filled with lots of great stuff, including:
One Saturn Hybrid Messenger Bag
One Reusable Shopping List Board
One $25 Gas Card*
One Real Simple Celebrations Book
One Set of 15 Party Coasters
Real Simple Party Recipes for All Guests
Party Games for All Guests
Special Offers and More!

I passed on this one since it wasn't really something I was interested in.

HTH :goodvibes

jcemom
09-16-2008, 01:31 PM

Kudos to jcemom for the list, gives people a much better idea of what they can expect when applying for parties. :)

Also the tv parties are much easier to get b/c there are literally 4x more parties usually than the big ones with lots of product (like Fisher Price). And usually if you get an email from houseparty inviting you to apply for a party, there is a box on the right side of the first screen that tells you the party package contents up front so you can decide whether or not you would be interested.

Today for example I got one for the Saturn Real Simple party. Here were the contents:

If you are selected to host, you'll receive a fabulous party pack filled with lots of great stuff, including:
One $25 Gas Card*
Special Offers and More!

HTH :goodvibesThank you. Now that you mentioned it, I have noticed some of the invites have a list or partial list of package contents. I don't think the Star Wars one did.

I think I'd pass on the Saturn party as well. The $25 gas card would be nice, of course, but it doesn't sound as if there are enough things in the package for the guests. That's kind of what I've been wanting, I guess, nice things to go in the party favor/goody bags. I'll have to look closer at the party information in the future before applying or accepting a spot instead of getting excited just over the name of the party. ;)

cindermomma
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM

One $25 Gas Card*
Special Offers and More!

HTH :goodvibes

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

jcemom
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Just posted on SlickDeals:

Quote from dana43 :
Just got my package!!!

It has :
Reusable Yoda Tote
10 Clone Wars balloons
10 Clone Wars posters
10 Clone Wars Glow Sticks
10 CW Sticker Sheets
10 CW Tattoo Sheets
10 Character Masks (Cardboard with elastic strap-seems sturdy)
Plastic Clone Trooper Mask
DVD
and my favorite - a Hasbro Light saber

The kids are beyond thrilled!!

I'm happy to hear the tote has Yoda on it. I was expecting it to be plain. The glow sticks are a nice addition, all kids like glow sticks I think, no matter what age they are. It appears that the special gift is a light saber.

Worfiedoodles
09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I know I said I wouldn't say anything else, but this package does sound good! The light saber will be a huge hit. Yea! A toy! The posters are going to be a big hit, I suspect.

Thanks, for all the hints about how to know what is in a package, and the list of what has been in previous house parties. It is really helpful and gives me a much better sense of the program. Contents do vary greatly, it seems like the tv parties are a different category.

I can't wait to see the kids faces, they are going to love, love, love this party!

Maria

jcemom
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
I like the addition of the glow sticks to the package. Unfortunately for me I have three kids who are going to fight over that light saber so I'm going to need to go out and buy two more. Still, I do think it's a nice gift to be included. Since I have three kids I kind of always hope for something extra for the guests rather than the host. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one though, LOL. Maybe I should just keep the light saber for myself. :rotfl:

Ya know, I kept saying my kids weren't going to care for the party favors included, that they're on the upper age range for this party, etc. Then it hit me that I'll bet I was chosen based on DD's age (6), not my boys (14 and 15 -- and yes, they will still want the light saber, LOL)! Not sure why I didn't realize that before. Sheesh, I can be thick sometimes, LOL. DD hasn't a clue about Star Wars stuff though. The Star Tours ride is all she knows of Star Wars, guess she's going to be initiated into the Star Wars fan club soon, LOL. My boys are the Star Wars fans, but they're too old for this party I guess. They're going to enjoy the DVD anyway, but won't care about the favors except maybe the posters and glow sticks.

At least now I know I'll have enough stuff for all the kids since the older ones won't need stickers, balloons, masks or tattoos. I can find a way to split everything up fairly and add some candy and small items to beef up the goody bags.

tchrchgo
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
does anyone know how long we have to "host" and then post pics? my house suffered from the floods this past weekend it could be a while until it is habitable again, and I don't know anyone willing to host for me.

thanks!

cindermomma
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm happy to hear the tote has Yoda on it. I was expecting it to be plain. The glow sticks are a nice addition, all kids like glow sticks I think, no matter what age they are. It appears that the special gift is a light saber.

Thanks for posting what's in the package! A light saber! Yes!!! I wonder if the mask is the voice changing one...this just gets better and better! We are gonna have a ball. So far, seems we will have 10 kiddos attending!:goodvibes

jcemom
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
does anyone know how long we have to "host" and then post pics? my house suffered from the floods this past weekend it could be a while until it is habitable again, and I don't know anyone willing to host for me.

thanks!I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear your house was flooded. :hug:

marshallandcartersmo
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM

thanks!

I'm sorry that happened.

I don't know the answer either. I haven't found out how, or if we even have to post pictures/report back. From what I read we don't have to..........someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kycha
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry that happened.

I don't know the answer either. I haven't found out how, or if we even have to post pictures/report back. From what I read we don't have to..........someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Did your party pack ever show up?

marshallandcartersmo
09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Did your party pack ever show up?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

It came tonight about 7:00. Couldn't believe it finally came!!

thanks for asking........

donnajon
09-17-2008, 04:01 AM
I got my package today. The sculpted mask is just a sturdy plastic mask of a clone trooper or something. It actually seems on the small side. But the paper masks are nicer than I thought. My kids were fighting over who was going to get which one. And the poster is larger than the 8 x 10 they listed. It is probably 8x10 after it has been folded twice. The kiddies were excited with this one.

Harvest02
09-17-2008, 08:22 AM

My kids are going to love this package! I think I WILL be wearing the clone wars mask!!! I can't wait to tell them about this after school today. I am still waiting for my package to come. Did it come postal service, UPS, or Fed Ex?

Motherofboys
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM

thanks!

From my experience it is not usually a big deal if you end up hosting the party on a different day. There is no time limit for posting pics and updating your party page so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think they just want you to host the party and hand out the goodies in a reasonable time period :thumbsup2

Sorry about the flooding :sad1:

smfritz03
09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
We just got our package today!!!

The kids are sooo excited about this party! We decided to move our party from our house cuz a reunion got scheduled for that weekend. So, I'm going over early to decorate the living room into star wars stuff and make some star wars treats, juice, etc. The kids will be able to have some entertainment during the reunion and be able to play! So it went from 10-12 guests to now having 20-25!! :banana:

Oh, we got the red light saber btw and the bags w/ yoda on them are similar to the bags that Walmart sells so you don't have to use plastic bags. Pretty neat!

Motherofboys
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
We just got our package today!!!

The kids are sooo excited about this party! We decided to move our party from our house cuz a reunion got scheduled for that weekend. So, I'm going over early to decorate the living room into star wars stuff and make some star wars treats, juice, etc. The kids will be able to have some entertainment during the reunion and be able to play! So it went from 10-12 guests to now having 20-25!! :banana:

Oh, we got the red light saber btw and the bags w/ yoda on them are similar to the bags that Walmart sells so you don't have to use plastic bags. Pretty neat!

Is there more than one bag? Are they like goody bags or is it one large, reusable bag? :confused:

Any other info on what kind of light saber it is?

TIA :wizard:

smfritz03
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
It was only the one bag, not a gift bag but a tote.

The light saber is like this one:

http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=17820

Motherofboys
09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
It was only the one bag, not a gift bag but a tote.

The light saber is like this one:

http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=17820

Cool!! Thanks for posting it! :goodvibes

Worfiedoodles
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I was just on the Star Wars party site, and if you look at the changing media block, photos people have posted with the box contents eventually come up. Everything really does look great!

Maria

jcemom
09-17-2008, 06:06 PM
Mine came today. Everything does look nicer in person that it sounded in the blog.

The hard plastic molded mask is very small. It fits my tiny six year old DD okay. I wouldn't think it will fit children older than 8. The paper masks are nicer than I expected and seem like they'll hold up well. They're very colorful, made from a sturdy type of paper, and have an elastic band to hold them on.

We got: Yoda 6" by 16", Count Dooku 14 1/2 " by 7 1/2", Asajj Ventress 10 1/2" by 8", General Grievous 14" by 10", Obi-Wan Kenobi 10 1/2" by 7 1/2", Ahsoka Tano 13" by 8", Anakin Skywalker 10" by 10", Clone Commander Cody, Cone Captain Rex, and a Clone Trooper all 11" by 8 1/2".

The tattoos and stickers are better quality than I expected. There are six on each sheet and the sheets are about 5" by 7". They are the Cone Wars logo, Anakin on a blue background, Yoda on a green background, Ahsoka on an orange background, General Grievous on a purple background, and a Clone Trooper logo. The stickers and tattoos are almost the same and quite colorful.

The posters are 16" by 20" and two-sided. One side is sort of a collage with all the characters and Yoda in the foreground, the other side is an introduction to all the characters with an advertisement for Cartoon Network.

The balloons are balloons, not much to say about them really, LOL.

The Yoda tote bag is black with a white graphic of Yoda and the Cartoon Network logo. It's 13" tall, 13" wide, and 5" deep with handles made of the same cloth as the bag itself.

Our light saber is green and red. Not sure if everyone knew, but they do change colors and make a light saber type of sound. They require 3 AA batteries that aren't included.

LisaNJ25
09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I got my kit today also. Have anyone seen any inexpensive star wars items out there?

It looks like there are different light sabers. I got the blue Anakin SKywalker one

cinderella97
09-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I got in in on the Kellogg Cereal Bar one, but then I received an email that I didn't. Today in the mail, I got a package expressing how sorry they were regarding the mix up and I got a coffee mug and a $25 American Express Gift Card!