PDA

View Full Version : Can I mail a Priority Mail Box back home from Disney?

VanessasMom
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I am mailing our toiletries down in a Priority Mail box ahead of time tomorrow so we can do all carryons. I refuse to pay the $15 for a checked bag on American Airlines! So, I was thinking about it and wanted to know how to send it back home. I can bring my pre-paid postage and label with me and slap that back on the box, but where can I take it to send it out? Will the resort put it back in the mail for me? I know you can mail postcards out. Will they also take this? It is in a flat rate shrt box from the post office. TIA!

ceecee
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I usually start saving half bottles (or whatever we need for our stay) then use them up and throw them away before we leave. I buy travel size contact solutions, hair spray and gel, etc. Shampoos and things can really weigh if you send priority two times it may not be worth the trouble. I Ziploc everything so it won't be a mess if it leaks (never had a problem yet) and there's more room in the luggage for the return trip home.

zoie101
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
interesting?
sorry I cant help
but I would like to know the answer

MerryPoppins
09-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Good idea, but I have no idea. I think I'd be tempted to send partial bottles. Just enough for the stay.

ExPirateShopGirl
09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
We do the same thing when we travel together on long trips... otherwise we take miniatures.

When we go to WDW for more than a week we usually hit up Walmart on our first night and get shampoo, conditioner, sunblock, water bottles and nuts for snacks, etc. Beats the hassle of mailing or adding to luggage.

I usually start saving half bottles (or whatever we need for our stay) then use them up and throw them away before we leave. I buy travel size contact solutions, hair spray and gel, etc. Shampoos and things can really weigh if you send priority two times it may not be worth the trouble. I Ziploc everything so it won't be a mess if it leaks (never had a problem yet) and there's more room in the luggage for the return trip home.

prncess674
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Just drop it at at the business center for shipping. Also don't forget that each member in your traveling party is allowed a 3-1-1 bag. You probably don't need that much. Hotels provide shampoo and conditioner. I would just order a box of stuff from drugstore.com with sunblock and whatever won't fit in your 3-1-1 baggies. Throw out what you don't use.

pinkyinhere
09-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow..i never think of that. I want to do all carry on as well. I think it will be better if you pack all the travel size items and mail it to the resort. You won't have much left after your trip so you can just throw it away.

VanessasMom
09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Hmm...I use a lot of shampoo and conditioner because of my thick wavy hair. Also can't use the hotel shampoo/conditione because of the same reason--I'd look like a crazy woman if I don't have my anti-frizz shampoo. Same goes for the hairspray. There are 3 of us traveling and I'm the only one with the issues though, so I might be able to split my stuff up between us. But then I'd have to buy the travel size bottles of everything and it might just end up being more to do that. I'll have to look into all the options. We don't have a car and use the Magical Express so going to Walmart is not really an option for us. That would be nice though. :)

kaytieeldr
09-05-2008, 12:21 AM
You can even pack the return label inside the toiletries box before you ship it - just be SURE to put it in a sealed zip-top plastic bag.