PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars?

disneymom2003
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
How do they work? I don't have a Disney Visa but my husband does. (We have separate credit cards for the sake of our marriage) He has had it for quite some time. Are the Disney Dollars cumulative? I know if he gets them he has never used them. We are going next year and would like to have some extra buying power if we can. Thanks

ScottOKW2K
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
The Disney Reward dollars that the Disney Visa card accumulates are cumulative , but they do expire if not withdrawn from the account after a certain period of time. The reward account details in the account will state when the unused reward dollars expire.

In addition , when these reward dollars are transferred to a card you need to pay attention to the expiration date on the card. Any dollars transferred to this card will expire on the end of the month of the date printed on the card. However , this has never been a problem for us ;). In your particular situation I would recommend that your husband request a reward card with a minimum amount about a month before your trip. It may take a week or two to receive the card. Once you have the card , you can add dollars immediately.

Last December we got a reward card just before a Christmas/New Years trip. We had over $500 on the card - it helped to pay for more than a few very nice meals. I've definitely enjoyed having it.

disneymom2003
09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
O.K so I find out if there are Disney dollars and then you say I have them transfered to a card. Can I ask what card do I transfer them too?

Karenj2
09-04-2008, 08:56 AM
They get transferred to a Disney Rewards Dollars "credit card". It looks like a credit card, but acts a little bit more like a gift card in that you only have a set amount on it. It also expires in 2 years.

We got our card for our trip in 2007 and used up the $200+ that we put on it. We then let the dollars accumulate until this year's trip, and put that money on the card again, and used that up. (If we hadn't used it all, we would have had until December of this year to use it up because the card was going to expire.)

When we go NEXT year, I'll have to get a new card.

HTH!