PDA

View Full Version : What can I do w/ a Top Round Roast ?

luckey-lasvegas
09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
The grocier has Top Round Roast for $1.99 lb that look nice , but I'm not sure what I can do with it. Does anyone have a recipe? I'd prefer using a Crock Pot , it's still a little to warm in Vegas to turn on the oven.

tonilea
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Add carrots, onions, potatoes, roast and a package of onion soup mix and a bit of water in crock pot on low for six to eight hours.

RumpleMom
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I love doing a roast in a crockpot.

Spray with Pam, add carrots and potatoes, then roast. Add dry Lipton Beefy mushroom soup and a can of beef broth.

McKelly
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, if it is the cut of beef I am thinking of, I like to put it in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours with Lipton Onion Soup Mix (dry) and when it is done it should be fork tender. I then take a fork and pull it apart and put some jar beef gravy with it and make hot beef sandwiches.

I like to serve hot beef sandwiches for parties too. Cheap and easy.

tonilea
09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
You can also dump a jar of BBQ sauce on it, cook until tender, shred and have BBQ Beef sandwiches.

mamalle
09-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Mine is cooking right now: so easy.

2lb roast with two envelopes of lipton's onion soup mix, 1.5 cups of water in my crockpot. It is delicious! we went the red potato route and seasoned them and cooking them on my stoneware pan with some onion salt, pepper and olive oil! Its one of my fam favorites!

Disney_Freak56
09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
BBQ sauce is always good with a roast.

You could make shredded beef for tacos, burritos, etc., by cooking it with a jar of salsa in the crockpot.

I love roast cooked with a can of cream of mushroom soup and cream of celery soup.

Definitely Google recipes for crockpot beef and you should come up with lots! :)

debsays
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
This is what I do. As a matter of fact I just did this Sunday at the market. Got a top round roast about 4-5 lbs. Ask them to grind for hamburg. Then I divide it up, scramble/fry some, freeze. With this you can take it out of the freezer and make American Chop Suey, Meat Pie, Taco's,etc. Out of the same package I made meatballs in the crockpot. When they were done I let them cool. After they cooled I put three in a ziplock along with some sauce. With this you can make meatball subs, pasta and meatballs,etc. With the remainder I mixed a meatloaf and froze it. Forgot to mention that I label all of them as to what they are and the date I froze it. This way it makes life a lot easier when your not certain what to have for dinner or if you've had a very hectic day, etc. Just take one of them out of the freezer. My mom taught me all of this.

Certainly hope I didn't bore anyone.

Mickeyherewecome123
09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I just made spicy italian beef sandwiches with a top round roast. All you do is put the roast in the crock pot and add a 1 jar of pepperchini peppers in and cook on high for about 8 hours and you have a perfectly spicy shredded beef. Put it on good italian bread and serve with some good pasta salad or potato salad. Yummo!!!!!

vsimeone
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Here's my recipe - I made it last night! Put the roast in the crockpot. Put 1/2 diced onion on top. Then top both with a mixture (I mix in a measuring cup) of a packet of Good Seasonings dry salad dressing mix, one packet (or three tablespoons) of dry Ranch dressing mix and one packet (or three tablespoons) of brown gravy mix - powder. I put about a cup or 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. When I get home from work, I boil some extra wide egg noodles, shred the roast and mix in the cooked egg noodles. It's kind of a beef stroganoff but REALLY tender and YUMMY!

Good luck!

bdcp
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Top Round is the only type of roast I buy. In the crockpot I have done everything from bbq sauce to dry Lipton onion soup with some water. Cook it all day and it will be very tender. Sometimes I add potatoes and carrots the last hour or so and make gravy out of the drippings.

HeatherC
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
I also love this on the grill! Very easy and yummy!

CuteAndFluffy
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I like it in the crock pot (see a theme here? :) ) with a can of beef broth, a cup of red wine, some onions and some Thyme, salt and pepper for french dip.

Beef Broth, a jar of giardinara, italian seasoning makes a mean Italian beef.

Serve either on crusty rolls with extra juice on the side for dipping.

mmkk
09-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm a southern girl and LOVE gravy! I cook mine in the crockpot with a package of brown gravy mix, one (or two if its a bigger roast) cans of cream of chicken soup and a can and a half of water. Delicious and easy!

luckey-lasvegas
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
So if I cook it in the crockpot I should be able to shred it for beef enchladas etc.?

tonilea
09-04-2008, 05:39 PM
So if I cook it in the crockpot I should be able to shred it for beef enchladas etc.?

You got it! :thumbsup2