PDA

View Full Version : all about YOU (September)

Shannone1
09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ??

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ??

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character-

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ??

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ??

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ??

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ??

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ??

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving

Us3
09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Disney! (although kids watch both)

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? sadly, no!

Boy I say Boy I say Boy...Foghorn Leghorn

Both were GREAT!

Accountant

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
kraft for sandwiches and velvetta for spicy cheese dip

I'm from Texas...I say "coke" lol

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ??
nothing really ??

who is mr dress up?

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving
scuba, helicoptoer, rock climbing, bungee (but would love to try them all!)

Rhonda
09-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Disney Channel

Does the Bahamas count? lol

Wile E Coyote

Three Amigos -- one of my favorite movies!!!

Secretary

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Velveeta -- yum!

Pop, until I moved down here and nobody knew what I was talking about!

Drank way too many jellos

Who is Mr Dress up?

Parasailing - love it
Scuba Diving - nope. Been snorkeling though!
Helicopter - yes - many times - love it
hot air balloon - nope, but on the "list"
rock climbing - no - not coordinated enough
Skydiving - nope never will
white water rafting - does kayaking in the mangrove count? :lmao:
zip lining - no - but I will when I go on the new Oasis of the Seas!
Hang gliding - nope, but on the list
Bungee jumping - not on your life
Cave diving - never, never, never

jrandtysmom
09-03-2008, 11:09 AM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Neither - but I'm forced to watch both.
2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? No

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character - Daffy Duck

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? Neither

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Bank Teller

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? Velvetta

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? Soda

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Nothing

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Who is Mr. Dress-up?

None of the above - i'm boring but wish I was exciting

seabee
09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ??Disney Channel for the kids, but I like Nick at Night

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ??Lived in Sicily for 3 years

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character-I don't know, never really thought about it

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ??Either

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ??Working at Take 5 serving nachos and hotdogs to the navy guys. I was cute then, and made LOTS of tips.

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??Kraft

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ??soda

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ??Oh, we can't go there....

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ??I have no idea, I guess I will go with Mr. Roger's since I don't really like a man in a Cinderella dress.;)

Parasailing(on Bay Lake), I repelled in gym class, white water rafting(down the DEAD River-make ya nervous?) Never ridden in a helicopter but I did ride in a Sea Plane. Ok, stretching there, sorry.:laughing:

Shannone1
09-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one that remembers Mr. Dressup ?? :sad2: Maybe it didn't air all over the country. It was on when I was in elementary school. I loved this show !! I wanted to name my daughter Casey, but was overruled. I did get my dog, Finnegan though ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Dressup

After reading this it occurs to me that it was on the channel 9, which was a Canadian tv channel. It airs Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Mr. Dressup and The Friendly Giant (oh man....you probably don't know THAT show either!!). We got the channel because we grew up less than an hour from Windsor. I'm not sure how far the signal went (was in the mid to late 70's, before cable)

jrandtysmom
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Am I the only one that remembers Mr. Dressup ?? :sad2: Maybe it didn't air all over the country. It was on when I was in elementary school. I loved this show !! I wanted to name my daughter Casey, but was overruled. I did get my dog, Finnegan though ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Dressup

After reading this it occurs to me that it was on the channel 9, which was a Canadian tv channel. It airs Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Mr. Dressup and The Friendly Giant (oh man....you probably don't know THAT show either!!). We got the channel because we grew up less than an hour from Windsor. I'm not sure how far the signal went (was in the mid to late 70's, before cable)

Nope I don't remember it or Friendly Giant. I was born in 77 so maybe that's why?? - although I do know Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street!

PolynesianPixie
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM

Disney

Yes. France, England....do tropical islands count?

pepe Le pew

Hmmmm.....I'm gonna have to go with Three Amigos

Office assistant for a construction supply company

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Depends on whether or not I want it to melt

Soda

This was hard. I do stupid stuff all the time. I guess it would have to be dropping my undies on the way back from the CS in front of the park ranger last weekend, though.

who's Mr. Dress-up?

Hot air ballon ...check
white water rafting.....check

scuba diving......just snorkling

zip-lining....on my to-do list

cave-diving.....not in a million years!:lmao:

Shannone1
09-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Nik at Night.

Not yet

Tweety

Father of the Bride. I loved that movie.

Waitressing

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Kraft

Pop !!

Watched the new 90210 last night !!

Mr. Dressup of course...couldn't stand Mr. Rogers

I've done the things in black. The only other one I want to do one day is skydiving.

Eeyore'sthebest
09-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Here are my responses!

1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? - Both but DD is now into Nick so we watch that A LOT

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? Yep, spent a semester in Belgium and toured every where. Then we went backpacking after college.

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Don't really have one but if forced would go with Tweety Bird.

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? Father of the Bride

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Teacher :eek:

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? Kraft

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Hmm, I'm sure there's something but can't think of anything right now.

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? I'm going with Mr. Rogers even though I couldn't stand that show even as a child. I have no idea who Mr. Dressup was even after reading the link.

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave divingYes to hot air balloon and white water rafting. I used to date a hot air balloon pilot. Free rides in the balloon were the only good thing in the relationship. Maybe if he didn't have one I would have dumped him sooner.:confused3

g8trmom1
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Disney

Greece, and Turkey and a ton of caribbean islands

What's looney tunes?????

Father of the Bride!!

Paralegal at a large NY law firm...

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Kraft

Soda
hmmm...I'll have to think about that

Mr. Rogers

None..but how about snorkeling???

clkelley
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Neither - Since Disney Channel got rid of the classic stuff

Nope

RoadRunner

Three Amigos

Secretary

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Velveeta

Soda

Nothing Really

?????

Rock Climbing/Repelling, Real White Water Rafting

Have Fun Everybody!!!

Gatordad
09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
nick at night
yes

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Bugs Bunny

Neither

working in a bank, what a bad job

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Cheese Wiz

soda

nothing

Fred Rogers

i went on the teacups at disney, does that count?

BRDof3
09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ??- Neither, as soon as I can kick the kids off TV. They are usually on one or the other.

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ??- Nope

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Wile E. or Bugs. My favorite tie is red with all the LT characters on it.

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? Three Amigos, though I'll admit he had some good ones later on , not to mention some REALLY bad ones.

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Golf course groundskeeper

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? Kraft. DW always buys Velveeta, but I hate the stuff.

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? "Coke" when living in the south, "pop" up here.

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Nothing at all. My life has been a flawless example of exemplary behavior.

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Thank God this was clarified in previous posts, or I might have impeached my answer to #8.

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving? None. I didn't realize quite how boring my life was until I read that

Shan-man
09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Only when visiting Grandaughter, and then it is Nick (Non-stop Spongebob, :scared1:)

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? Sure, I've been to 'em all... Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Japan, France, UK, Canada... oh and Asia and Africa at the other park ;) (in other words, no :p)

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Roadrunner, of course

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? I'd say The Jerk, but since that's not an option, Three Amigos

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Not sure I'd call Drive-thru at Wendy's a real job. My first job in my field was doing contract graphic design and systems admin. for a dermatologist

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? uuunnnhhh, cheeeseeee (in my best Homer voice)

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? In GA all soda product are Coke... even if it's 7-Up... as in "throw that Coke can away" even when referring to a 7-up can. I get odd looks here in NC (who am I kidding, I get odd looks everywhere!)

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? The pic of bubbie-Pete

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Mr Rogers, since I never heard of the other... Given free reign I choose Capt Kangaroo (or even Captain and Tennille) before Mr Rogers, but oh well

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving? Just rock climbing and rappelling, in younger, lighter days. (I still do some repelling, but I don't think that's what you meant to ask!)

Shan-man
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
[COLOR="olive"]I guess it would have to be dropping my undies on the way back from the CS in front of the park ranger last weekend, though.:

Wow Ami, that really is embarrassing, especially if you were wearing them at the time! :lmao: What did the ranger do to deserve THAT! :rolleyes1

BRDof3
09-03-2008, 12:44 PM
4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? I'd say The Jerk, but since that's not an option, Three Amigos

Yeah, let's hear it for The Jerk! :banana:

PolynesianPixie
09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow Ami, that really is embarrassing, especially if you were wearing them at the time! :lmao: What did the ranger do to deserve THAT! :rolleyes1

Well when you put it like that it sounds really bad! I was just talking to him about the "cleanliness" of the facilities. I wasn't wearing them ....I had just taken a shower and my new ones were perfectly in place......sheesh! oh....nevermind!:lmao:

BRDof3
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Well when you put it like that it sounds really bad! I was just talking to him about the "cleanliness" of the facilities. I wasn't wearing them ....I had just taken a shower and my new ones were perfectly in place......sheesh! oh....nevermind!:lmao:

You expected anything different from this bunch??? :rotfl:

Gatordad
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Well when you put it like that it sounds really bad! I was just talking to him about the "cleanliness" of the facilities. I wasn't wearing them ....! oh....nevermind!:lmao:

Ami doesn't wear them?

Shannone1
09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
None. I didn't realize quite how boring my life was until I read that

You still have lots of time to be adventurous :thumbsup2

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? Sure, I've been to 'em all... Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Japan, France, UK, Canada... oh and Asia and Africa at the other park ;) (in other words, no :p)

I knew one of you were going to say that !! :rolleyes1

I am still waiting to hear about everyone's recent embarrassing moment/guilty pleasure....

3gr8kids
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Disney

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? Antigua

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character-?Wile E. Coyote?

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ??Father of the Bride (haven't seen Three Amigos)

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ??veterinary technician

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??don't like cheese

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ??soda or tonic

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ???

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ??Mr. Rogers

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave divingrock climbing/repelling, real white water rafting, zip lining].

Momof626x3
09-03-2008, 01:51 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? The kids mostly watch Nik.

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? Yes, took a trip to England as a senior in HS.

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Wile E Coyote

Three Amigos

Worked at a pizzaria...mostly making subs because I was female and apparantly males aren't coordinated enough to put together more than one sub at a time.

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? Kraft

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? I can't think of anything. Must have been so bad that I put a mental block on it.

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Neither.

Yup, my life is pretty boring too. None of the above. Though I have gone snorkling.

Marek 4
09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Both
Nope
Road Runner
Father of the Bride
Youth & Family Program Director
6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Either
"Coke"

Mr. Rogers - never heard of Mr. Dress up. Is that a drag queen?
10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving (In a swimming pool once - the rest only snorkeling), ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting(Can you count the tropical storm that hit Houston a few years ago? If not, wind-surfing only), zip-lining, hang gliding(I have been in a glider), bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving
:)

des1954
09-03-2008, 02:57 PM

Neither

Switzerland, France, Italy

Do I have to pick just one??? Alright then - gotta be Bugs!

Three Amigos

Grocery Store Cashier

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Kraft (Velveeta is the "spam" of cheese.)

Soda (I used to say "pop", but the damn southerners converted me)

Spewed out a Jello Shot thanks to Pete.

HUH???

HUH????

DisneyDramaQueen
09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=des1954;27335115]1- The Disney channel or Nik ??

DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!!!!

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ??[/COLOR]

Yes. England and Paris

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character-[/COLOR]

Tweety Bird!!!!!!!

???????

I'm no adult. I babysit though.

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Definately Craft

Soda.

I shouted in the school hallway because my locker wouldn't open. Everyone was staring at me!!!!!!!

I guess Mr.Rogers. What the heck is Mr.Dress up???

Rock Climbing and white water rafting.

2goofycampers
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
neither,, no kids

Bahamas

not into cartoons

Father of the bride

waitress

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Kraft

soda

said somethig stupid in chat

neither

None of above. I need to make a bucket list.

1goofy1
09-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I like both but I mostly watch Nik for Sprongebob
nope
Elmour Fud
Three Amigos
Delivered parts
6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Kraft
from the south "coke"
Can't think of anything :confused3

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ??Mr Roger's, I do not know Mr Dress-up

been scuba diving with DH and rode in a hot air balloon only up then back down due to the wind. That is all I have done

ram101
09-03-2008, 05:56 PM

Disney

Japan for 3 1/2 yrs Philippines for a month

Bugs

Don't remember them to make a choice. I know I saw them both though!

Air Force

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

What ever the wife has in the fridge!!

At home Soda, when I go to my father's in central PA Pop

Wll it went kinda like this..... nope not gonna do it!!! :rotfl:

Mr. Rogers of course!!!

10- Which of the following have you done:
parasailing- nope
scuba diving- no
ridden in a helicopter- no wouldn't mind it though
hot air balloon- Just went this past Sunday (it was okay till the pilot landed in some guys pasture and the owner came running out cursing and yelling that he was callin the cops cause we were all trespassing!!! There was no wind so 3 of us had to pull the balloon about 150 yrds, over an electric fence and through a hedge row to another feild to get away from the guy!!
rock climbing/repelling- no
skydiving- not on your life!! Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?? And even if its not perfectly good...I still have a chance if it crashes!!
real white water rafting- no
zip-lining- no
hang gliding- nope
bungee jumping (not in an amusement park) not a chance, I am not a yo yo..!
cave diving- nope

We4mickey
09-03-2008, 08:58 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? The Disney Channel

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? No

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Working in the bakery and deli at the corner grocery store

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? We live in Wisconsin. We only eat REAL cheese!

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? soda

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Went out with a friend for supper and had only gotten about 7 hours of sleep in two days. The margaritas hit fast and my DH had to drive home because I couldn't stay awake. Good thing I asked him to come so I could have the margaritas, hey?

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Mr Rogers

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving.

Nope, none, never don't think I could do any of them. I went tubing on a river once is that close? I am a very dull girl.

AuburnJen92
09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Disney Channel

Bahamas, Italy, France, England, Gainesville (:lmao: )

Taz, fits me perfectly

Three Amigos

Teacher

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
I like kraft, but DH keeps buying that other crap.

We say coke for everything, period. None of that northern stuff said here.;)

My lovely son ran outside in all his glory to meet the UPS man. I am sure he didn't need to see a naked 4 year old in the middle of the afternoon!:sad2:

What? Oh wait, you tried to explain that earlier...

10- Which of the following have you done:
parasailing, yep
scuba diving, certified, yep
ridden in a helicopter, yep
hot air balloon, yep
rock climbing/repelling, yep
skydiving, (won't jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane)
real white water rafting, nope
zip-lining, nope
hang gliding, nope
bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), (won't jump off a perfectly functioning bridge or apparatus holding my big behind, see skydiving)
cave diving yep

Shannone1
09-03-2008, 09:34 PM
cave diving yep

I think you're the first one to say they've gone cave diving. How was it ?? I have this thing about not being able to breath so being in the dark ocean or a pitch black cave would be too much for me. Plus I've seen the movie "The Descent" and it freaked me out !! :laughing:

AuburnJen92
09-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Um, I didn't like it, not one i-o-ta. I was in a spring in the panhandle of Florida getting a night certification and did it because I had to. I am usually not a panicky person, but the heart was a racing that night. I have seen too many stories of them finding people who got lost in the caves and etched their goodbyes in the paint of the tanks. It still sends chills down my spine. I chalk it up to things I have done and will never repeat.

Shan-man
09-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I chalk it up to things I have done and will never repeat.

I bet that's an interesting list ;)

Momof626x3
09-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I think you're the first one to say they've gone cave diving. How was it ?? I have this thing about not being able to breath so being in the dark ocean or a pitch black cave would be too much for me. Plus I've seen the movie "The Descent" and it freaked me out !! :laughing:

That movie freaked me out too...no caves for me!

AuburnJen92
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I bet that's an interesting list ;)

YEP!;)

HappyCamper87
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I decided it's high time I participate!

Disney channel

If Mexico's out - No travel experience Waaahhh!

Daffy Duck

Both were great but, Father of The Bride - I like the original with Spencer Tracey and Elizabeth Taylor much better though.

Secretary for an Independent Claims Adjuster.

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Kraft.

I grew up saying "Pop" but at some point thought "Soda" sounded more classy. :laughing:

Squirted half a bean burrito on my face today during lunch with a bunch of co-workers.... They had a good laugh though and I'm all about spreading the Happy. :rotfl:

I need to review the explanation for this one a bit...:confused3

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving UH - NA!

loveDmouse
09-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Neither. Don't have kids.

Yes. Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Hati, St. Maarten, Antigua

Yosemite Sam

They are both funny but I'll say Father of the Bride

Bookkeeper

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Kraft

Soda

Thank god I can't think of anything. :lmao:

Who is Mr. Dress-up????

none of those. I have been snorkeling, swam with dolphins, swam with sharks and wrangled one to the shore. Thought about the zipline but chickened out on our last cruise. That is about as exciting as it gets for me. Hot air balloon would be cool.

I have no desire at all to tie my legs to a rubber band and jump off of something. NO THANKS!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

bwvBound
09-04-2008, 10:49 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? :confused3 Neither?

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Chili, Costa Rica, Denmark, Egypt, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany (both West Germany and later "united"), Greece, Holland, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Japan, Panama, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, ... probably Wales (in my teens) and maybe others.

Also made a few landings along the Antarctic Peninsula ... just in case anyone is counting continents instead of countries. (I'm feeling like a travel junkie. Where's my next fix??)

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character- Definitely Marvin Martian.

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ?? Didn't see Three Amigos ... so it must be Father of the Bride.

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? Software Evangelist, Technical Trainer

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? :confused3 Dubliner by Kerrygold?

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Nope, sorry, I've been really good these past two weeks: entertained company each of the past 3 weekends - including his mother!, received high praise for my impromptu case study on Virtual Conferencing options, gave blood (might be a story here ... but I've put it out of my mind), hosted four training events this week, lined up 2 more for next week and have organized 110 of my "kids at work" as they anticipate the fall session of their various Master's Degree programs at my office. I've been really, really good. (Pass the ice cream and Hershey's syrup, please.)

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? :confused3 Feeling really lost on a few here ... is it because we don't have children?? (OK, if you insist ... must be Mr. Rogers. I've never heard of Mr. Dress-up.)

10- Which of the following have you done: ridden in a helicopter, rock climbing/repelling, zip-lining, ... skied faster than I should have, taken off-road vehicles in places I shouldn't have and earned my pilot's license (after my mother advised me against sky diving and made me promise to never jump from a working airplane).

tinah159
09-04-2008, 11:52 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? I dont watch either

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) Jamaca

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? EMT

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? Velvetta

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? Coke

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? Smacked the back of my trainee's chair.

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Rogers

10- Which of the following have you done: parasailing, scuba diving, ridden in a helicopter, hot air balloon, rock climbing/repelling, skydiving, real white water rafting, zip-lining, hang gliding, bungee jumping (not in an amusement park), cave diving. Scuba diving, Repelling

allisophie
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? :lmao:

2- Have you ever visited a foreign country (other than Canada or Mexico) ?? yes

3- Favorite Loony Tunes character-:confused3

4- Steve Martin.....Father of the Bride, or Three Amigos ??:dance3:

5- What was your first "real" job as an adult ?? store greeter at kmart

6- Kraft or Velvetta ?? velveta

7- Do you say "soda" or "pop" ?? soda

8- What is something you've done in the last two weeks that you are really embarrassed about ?? :laughing: so hard i fell off my chair at work

9- Mr. Roger's or Mr. Dress-up ?? Mr. Rogers

:fish: scuba diving

ram101
09-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Ok, Gotta show you this. I responded to this thread on 9/3 and had just taken a hot air Balloon ride the Sunday before. The pilot in the story is the same one from ours and most likely the same balloon we were in 1 week ago.... Not posting any goofy smiles on this as you'll see why when you read this...We now have real bad feelings in our guts!!!

http://www.dailylocal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20110482&BRD=1671&PAG=461&dept_id=635398&rfi=6

Shannone1
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, Gotta show you this. I responded to this thread on 9/3 and had just taken a hot air Balloon ride the Sunday before. The pilot in the story is the same one from ours and most likely the same balloon we were in 1 week ago.... Not posting any goofy smiles on this as you'll see why when you read this...We now have real bad feelings in our guts!!!

http://www.dailylocal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20110482&BRD=1671&PAG=461&dept_id=635398&rfi=6

Wow...that is so sad, and scary !!

juligrl
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
The Disney Channel

Yes - Germany

Bugs Bunny

Father of the Bride

Advertising sales for a chain of local newspapers

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??
Kraft

Pop

:confused3 - I dunno, can't think of anything

Mr. Roger's

Zip-lining - very fun!:thumbsup2

thomasclan85
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Disney

Yes, Germany, twice; next planned trip is to Ireland

Taz

Father of the Bride

Cashier at Super Dollar Store

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Velvetta

Soda

Thankfully, nothing:rotfl:

Mr. Rogers, not familiar with Mr. Dress-up

None of these

Mmketeer
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
What a fun thread...

1- The Disney channel or Nik ?? Disney Channel
Even without kids I have always loved the Disney channel. :)

Yes. Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Hati, Mexico

None-Disney or bust!

Oh man toughie! I am girl, so I'd say Father of the Bride. But, Three Amigos is really funny.

Sales agent at a video store-cause' you had to be 18 to work there and everyone else in my grade was still flippin burgers.

6- Kraft or Velvetta ??

Use to be Valvetta everything, macaronni and cheese, cheese slices, etc. But, now I am on a diet and Kraft has less calories.

Soda

I mailed the wrong person at work- it's a blonde thing.

No clue???