PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know shipping cost from Australia to US??

weesignlanguage
09-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I found a precious tinkerbell costume that I would love to buy tonight or tomorrow morning on ebay. The only problem is that is made by someone in Australia. She can ship it tomorrow but I am worried it might not make it by Sept. 17 (we leave the next morning for WDW) and also that it may cost an enormous amount of $$ to ship it. The costume is only around 35.00 but I am not paying alot for shipping. Anyone have any advice about this?? Sorry it's a random question but it is for MNSSHP! :) TIA!

dismom24
09-02-2008, 05:13 AM
I do a lot of international shjipping from teh US and I only ship priority mail international for tracking purposes. A Tink costume would geneerally costs about $20 - $25 to ship. Some people on Ebay will take a chance and send cheaper, but it will take much longer. As for delivery time, my international packages say they should arrive in 6-10 days and generally this does happen, but sometimes they get held in customs for quite a while - for no ryhme or reason. Also keep in mind, you will probably be responsible for customs charges - they vary from country and I am not sure what our are. Hope this info helps.

rflorek
09-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Also keep in mind, you will probably be responsible for customs charges - they vary from country and I am not sure what our are.

I've never had to pay Customs charges with purchases made overseas (I've bought from Australia, England, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, and Japan).

A 1kg package (up to 2.2 pounds) shipped airmail from Australia to US base rate (according to the Australia Post site) is $25.45

laurafergie
09-02-2008, 07:39 AM
I have been shipping internationally for years. Mail to and from Australia is notoriously slow. There is no way I would buy something from there and expect it by Sept 17th.

weesignlanguage
09-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info so much guys! I had a feeling that it was cutting it a little too close! :) And I just cannot imagine paying 25.00 for shipping. I think I will get another Tink costume...just hate it b/c the one from AU was really pretty and longer than the others but oh well!! Thanks again for your help! :goodvibes

Luv2Scrap
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I shipped a couple packages to Australia last year and the costs were incredible. The postal lady told me that Australia is the most expensive country to ship to. I would imagine that it's probably just as bad to ship from there to here...?