PDA

View Full Version : Rat Food- Harlan Teklan

eeyorethegreat
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
There was a thread a while back about parents getting a rodent for their kids. We got two rats a couple weeks ago. I have heard the Harlan Teklan is the best food for them (nutritionally complete). Suggestions on which formula is appreciated they are both male 7 months old I was looking at 2014. I can't seem to buy it from the website and have found a couple sites craftyrat.com and kimsarkrescue.com The shipping is pretty steep (it is based on weight so I think it is probably close to cost maybe a bit more for handling and such). So does any one know a good place to get this or have experience wi th either site? Also I have read about making rat food at home to use as a supplement/ treat to the lab blocks anyone have any recipes ?

mjkacmom
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
My dd12 makes the rat food herself. It's a mixture of puffed rice, puffed wheat, sunflower seeds, dog food (a certain brand), rat blocks, soy nuts, and pasta - they love it! PM if you want the exact measurements. It makes a lot, but boy, they seem to eat a lot! Have fun with them, and make sure to take them out everyday - we started with them on dd's shoulder, but now they play on the couch or kitchen table.

eeyorethegreat
09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
My dd12 makes the rat food herself. It's a mixture of puffed rice, puffed wheat, sunflower seeds, dog food (a certain brand), rat blocks, soy nuts, and pasta - they love it! PM if you want the exact measurements. It makes a lot, but boy, they seem to eat a lot! Have fun with them, and make sure to take them out everyday - we started with them on dd's shoulder, but now they play on the couch or kitchen table.

Thanks for the offer I PM'd you :cutie: