PDA

View Full Version : Golf cart--thinking about buying

unctigger
08-30-2008, 05:11 PM
We are thinking about buying a golf cart to use when camping, but the bed of the truck is only 6 feet and the cart is 9 feet in length. If we put the tailgate down, it will fit with the back wheels of the cart on the tailgate, but then the trailer won't connect with the tailgate down.

How do you travel with carts?

2goofycampers
08-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I have seen pix of something called a swivel wheel on here which attaches to the back of your TT and you can put your golf cart on it.

LONE-STAR
08-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I have seen pix of something called a swivel wheel on here which attaches to the back of your TT and you can put your golf cart on it.

This only works with a heavy 5er. I have one in my back yard for sale.

LONE-STAR
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
We are thinking about buying a golf cart to use when camping, but the bed of the truck is only 6 feet and the cart is 9 feet in length. If we put the tailgate down, it will fit with the back wheels of the cart on the tailgate, but then the trailer won't connect with the tailgate down.

How do you travel with carts?

We actually went and bought a toy hauler. I have seen on the net a mounting system that puts rails on the top of your bed rails so you can load a four wheeler on top of your bed rails side ways. Not sure if it would work for you but is a idea.

LONE-STAR
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Here is a link http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/diamondback_truckcover.htm

Look towards the bottom of the page to see the side load.