PDA

View Full Version : Kelly & Gregg's SOG Wedding! Finely our Wedding/Disneymoon TR!!

Tink_Kel
08-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys, it's me Tink_Kel, aka the "Disgruntled Bride!" I thought I'd start a thread under my new name, so I can make changes when necessary. Plus, I never really got around to introducing myself and my DF to you'all!!

I'm Kelly, and I live in St. Robert, Missouri....or as I like to say, Misery :sad2: . I guess it's okay, the nearby military base (Fort Leonard Wood) is affectionately called "Ft. Lost in the Woods", which should give you an idea that I live in the middle of NOWHERE!!

I work as the Criminal Intelligence Coordinator for a law enforcement agency. Lots of fun, new and interesting things everyday...which helps when you live in a place known as Lost in the Woods.

My DF, Gregg, just retired (Engineer) with the Army, and is currently working as an instructor for General Dynamics IT on post, and a Deputy for our local Sheriff's Department.

I've been somewhat torn as to where are wedding site it going to be on May 16th, 2008...it was between Shades of Green (Military Resort at WDW) or an (undisclosed) place at Citywalk, Universal.

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, the decision was finely made last night, and it's official

**Drum Roll Please**

We are getting married here....

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/Kegg0509/100_0245.jpg

Uh, yeah, that is Margaritaville!! :rotfl2: We had such a wonderful time there this last July, that we decided to look into getting married there, and the wonderful event coordinator is letting us use the second floor (that isn't being used during lunch) at noon, and then we are going downstairs for luch later.

So, this is the plan...fun, casual, yet a little formal too..and tropical-ish! I found a pretty white formal sundress that I'm going to wear (pic later), and I just bought this bouquet..

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/Kegg0509/MyBouquet.jpg

I guess I just chose what my "colors" are going to be! :laughing:

I'm really looking forward to chatting with you'all about our plans....whenever I bring anything up with DF, I'm starting to see that glazed look in his eyes. But I love him anyway, I get the same look when he starts talking about guns and deer hunting. :)

DecemberBride
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan, so I think this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Tink_Kel
08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan, so I think this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

:rotfl2: My DF wants to ask Jimmy Buffett to officiate. I don't know about officiating, but I think I'm going to send him an invitation to the wedding!

I kinda wanted to get married at the gazebo at SOG, but my DF wanted Margaritaville. He is soooooo good natured, and one of his favorite quotes is "whatever makes my baby happy" (and means it too!), so I think the least I can do is this. Plus it will be fun!

I'm trying to find a crystal Mickey pin to put in my bouquet, so I have a hidden Mickey, and a piece of Disney Magic...though don't tell anyone at Universal! ;)

DecemberBride
08-29-2008, 02:26 PM
:rotfl2: My DF wants to ask Jimmy Buffett to officiate. I don't know about officiating, but I think I'm going to send him an invitation to the wedding!

I kinda wanted to get married at the gazebo at SOG, but my DF wanted Margaritaville. He is soooooo good natured, and one of his favorite quotes is "whatever makes my baby happy" (and means it too!), so I think the least I can do is this. Plus it will be fun!

I'm trying to find a crystal Mickey pin to put in my bouquet, so I have a hidden Mickey, and a piece of Disney Magic...though don't tell anyone at Universal! ;)

Your mickey secret is safe!

I think you should send an invite!!!!!!!

Your wedding will be awesome, I'm a little jealous and so will DF!

bridetobe789
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
How awesome!! I would never think of getting married there!! What an awesome idea!

Tink_Kel
08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
How awesome!! I would never think of getting married there!! What an awesome idea!

Thanks! We've both been married before (the formal frou-frou weddings), and decided this time it's going to be a fun family affair. We will get married there, and treat the boys (ds 15 & ds18) to two days at Universal, then we are flying them home, and spending M-F at Saratoga Springs Resort at WDW for a Disneymoon, and then a 3 day Caribbean cruise.

padisneyfour
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
very cool plans.....sounds fantastic!:goodvibes

Tink_Kel
08-30-2008, 04:41 PM
very cool plans.....sounds fantastic!:goodvibes

Thanks!

MegKate
09-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know how I managed to miss that you're getting married on the most wonderful day of the year - my birthday!! :lmao: Sometimes I'm oblivious!

Just as another thought on inviting Jimmy Buffett, I'm inviting R.E.M. to mine. Not that they'll come, but I just want to be able to say I invited them. So who knows? Maybe Jimmy will come to yours! :)

I think the Margaritaville idea is great and you already know I love your bouquet! I'll be following along with your PJ as I think you're going to have an incredible wedding!

Tink_Kel
09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know how I managed to miss that you're getting married on the most wonderful day of the year - my birthday!! :lmao: Sometimes I'm oblivious!

Just as another thought on inviting Jimmy Buffett, I'm inviting R.E.M. to mine. Not that they'll come, but I just want to be able to say I invited them. So who knows? Maybe Jimmy will come to yours! :)

I think the Margaritaville idea is great and you already know I love your bouquet! I'll be following along with your PJ as I think you're going to have an incredible wedding!

Thanks Meg & Happy Birthday in May!! :cheer2: Yeah, I doubt I'll get Jimmy Buffet either, but it'll be fun...dont know about incredible, as it's going to just be us four!

Your wedding looks like it's going to be beautiful too!

Ticky Toria 78
09-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Love Margaritaville!!! what a cool place to get married! Look forward to hearing your plans.

Tink_Kel
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Love Margaritaville!!! what a cool place to get married! Look forward to hearing your plans.

Thanks! That's what we are thinking...fun & informal!

I got a call from my florist yesterday...my bouquet is on it's way!! :rotfl: I can't wait to see it!

Also, me and DF ordered my engagment ring yesterday. I can't wait to get it!! Anyone ever hear of Van Craeynest? They have beautiful timeless rings, that are kind of antiquish. I'll post a pic as soon as it's in. (after my DF get's on his knee and proposes anyway) Yeah, we are kind of backwards like that!

MegKate
09-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks! That's what we are thinking...fun & informal!

I got a call from my florist yesterday...my bouquet is on it's way!! :rotfl: I can't wait to see it!

Also, me and DF ordered my engagment ring yesterday. I can't wait to get it!! Anyone ever hear of Van Craeynest? They have beautiful timeless rings, that are kind of antiquish. I'll post a pic as soon as it's in. (after my DF get's on his knee and proposes anyway) Yeah, we are kind of backwards like that!

Let us know when you get the ring and he proposes - you must post!! :bride: Backwards is good!

29apr00
09-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Now that's awesome!! Woo hoo!! JImmy Buffet rocks!! I can't wait to hear you plan this!!

keenercam
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Now, this is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to hear all your plans and the pictures are going to be awesome! Can't wait to see a picture of your dress. That bouquet is absolutely gorgeous and soooo perfect for your wedding venue!

Tink_Kel
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Let us know when you get the ring and he proposes - you must post!! Backwards is good!

Post?! Are you kidding? You'll hear my screaming all the way in Maine!! :rotfl:

Hopefully, it will be soon. The diamond currently being shipped from Good Old Gold to Van Craeynest (NY to California!). The ring is done, just waiting for the diamond. I know Gregg is going to torment and taunt me with it, until he finely slips it on my finger. :headache:

Now that's awesome!! Woo hoo!! JImmy Buffet rocks!! I can't wait to hear you plan this!!

Thanks 29Apr00! Unfortunately, there isn't much to "plan", it's that simple. I just have to figure how to dress my groom? I've been teasing my youngest son (he's 15, and 6'2"), and told him he has to be my flower girl. :laughing:

Now, this is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to hear all your plans and the pictures are going to be awesome! Can't wait to see a picture of your dress. That bouquet is absolutely gorgeous and soooo perfect for your wedding venue!

I'm still hoping I will fit into my dress by May!! :goodvibes I'm in love with my bouquet too, the colors turned out even better than I thought. I'll try to get some pics posted soon of my flowers, dress, and shoes...oh, and RING.

Tink_Kel
10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow, I've been sadly neglectful on my planning journal!! Good news though...my DFF (Dear Future Fiance), is now my DF!! :banana: He proposed last weekend, and only made me wait two days after he received the ring! :rotfl: I think he got tired of me frisking him for the box every time I saw him! :laughing:

Saturday was a beautiful fall day, so we just went riding around the country roads, and went to a few wineries and did some tasting. It was so much fun, I'd never done anything like that before! Afterwards I suggested we go to The Point for dinner. The Point is a local steakhouse, that's kind of nestled in the woods, and is "our place". After a nice relaxing day and dinner, Gregg got on his knee and proposed. :hug: He later told me that he hadn't planned on doing it Saturday, but he thought it was the perfect opportunity since we were at our favorite place. He'd been keeping the ring in his truck! :headache: Which he keeps unlocked 1/2 the time! :eek:

So, here is my beautiful sparkler! :rotfl:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC00901-1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC00890-1.jpg

I just can't stop staring at it!!

So, along the planning front....the only thing new is that I got Root Photography to do a "Just Married" shoot for the day after our Margaritaville ceremony! Yay!! Now the only thing I'm worried about, is after our ceremony, we are spending the day in the parks with my two boys, and I'm afraid I'll get horrible tan lines before the photos! :scared1: I'll slather on the SPF, but I just know something's gonna look funky!

Also, the Portofino Bay Resort is being real Nazis about us having a prof. photo. at their resort...even if non-wedding attire. I think this will be a case of easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :headache: If they say something, we'll move to Citywalk, where the bulk of the pics will be taken anyway. I called Citywalk Administration, and they have no problems at all with it, even in wedding attire.

So anyway, that catches me up! Oh, I'm still trying to find a shirt for my DF to wear for the ceremony. I'm thinking of a white Tommy Bahama silk camp shirt like this:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/tb1.jpg

or this:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/tb2.jpg

or this:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/tb3.jpg

Let me know what you think! Only the 1st one has print on the back, that kind of goes with my bouquet.

MegKate
10-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I love that ring - just so beautiful - and symbolic. I used to be an English major, so I love stuff like that.:lovestruc

For shirts, I say #3, but it depends on what you're wearing.

Oh and BTW, yes I did hear the scream coming from the west :)

29apr00
10-10-2008, 07:25 AM
beautiful ring! I like Shirt #3!

Tink_Kel
10-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank you April & Meg! I'm kind of leaning towards 3 too. I don't think DF will like the back of the 1st one......tho he said he'd let me dress him in anything I want. :rotfl: This is what my dress looks like:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/il_155x125_36186859.jpg

It's not the EXACT dress, but you get the idea of the style. It hits just below the knees, and is in a linen/cotton. Right now, I'm just praying I can fit into it in May!!

As you can see, it's not a "wedding dress" per se....

Thanks for stopping by, and adding your opinions about the shirts! I think #3 looks whiter than the others too, which is good.

padisneyfour
10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I vote number 3 too.....:goodvibes

keenercam
10-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Kelly -- I know I commented on the ring thread, but I wanted to say again that yours is so unique and pretty. LOVE the symbolism of it and the design is just gorgeous!! The idea of a TB silk camp shirt is a great one! I like the ones without the print on the back a bit better just because I think it is dressier. Your dress is beautiful! Have you decided on a cake?

Tink_Kel
10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Kelly -- I know I commented on the ring thread, but I wanted to say again that yours is so unique and pretty. LOVE the symbolism of it and the design is just gorgeous!! The idea of a TB silk camp shirt is a great one! I like the ones without the print on the back a bit better just because I think it is dressier. Your dress is beautiful! Have you decided on a cake?

Thanks Cam! If you ever get the chance, go to this website: http://www.vancraeynest.com/ it's where we ordered my ring from. They do all hand-striking, instead of molds...very old fashioned, which I love.

I think you guys talked me into shirt #3 :laughing: I think it will go nice with my dress. Thanks for the compliments on my dress...it's not really "fancy", but we are doing a simple ceremony.

I haven't decided on the cake yet...as it's only going to be the four of us, I'm not sure what to do. I don't know whether to have something delivered to Margaritaville, or wait until the following night, when we are having a family dinner at Whispering Canon Cafe, and have them do a cake for us instead? Now that I think about it, if we wait until the next night, we can take the cake back to Saratoga Springs Resort with us....but if we get it while at Margaritaville, it may go to waste because we will be checked out of our resort by 11:00 the next day, and there won't be anywhere to keep it while we are at the parks.

Tink_Kel
11-05-2008, 08:55 AM
It's official, I've horribly neglected my PJ! :sad1:

Just to catch up, we've changed our venue to Shades of Green on Disney World! :rotfl: I'm so excited! I liked the idea of a fun Margaritaville Wedding, but kind of had reservations about it not being "wedding-ish" enough. I asked Gregg if we could talk, and he asked "Where/when are we getting married now?" :rotfl: He knows me so well! Anyway, he said even he had reservations about getting married at Margaritaville, so he said he would support us getting married at SOG instead.

I love my DF!! :hug: Of course, I asked him during deer hunting season, so he dosen't care about anything else right now any way! :rotfl: He knows it gives me something else to do/plan, instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself being a hunting-season widow.

So anyway, now on to planning the decorations for the Gazebo! I love the idea of an outdoor wedding! Of course I'm googling wedding gazebos, trying to get some nice ideas. So, if anyone here has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Right now, I'm making some Mickey-shaped flower balls to hang in the openings of the gazebo...they are turning out really cute, I'll post some pics soon. I ran out of orange flowers though, so I have to wait until we can get up to Springfield on Friday, to go to Hobby Lobby to buy some more. I hate living in the middle of nowhere!! :sad2:

I'm also making a box to store my bouquet in. Hobby Lobby had these Christmas boxes 1/2 off, so I'm gluing two round boxes on top of each other, and cutting a small hole in the middle of them for the stem of the boquet to go through, and the flower part will be in the upper box. I'll post pics of that too. I want to cover the boxes in some weddingish print first.
Those round Christmas Boxes are really nice for storing things for the wedding too, I might have to stock up on more of those on my next trip too!

MegKate
11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
My only comment is lose the heart balloons!!!

<Meg runs away quickly before Kel can send one of those balloons flying at her head!! LOL!> :rotfl:

Tink_Kel
11-12-2008, 08:43 AM
My only comment is lose the heart balloons!!!

<Meg runs away quickly before Kel can send one of those balloons flying at her head!! LOL!> :rotfl:

Yay, You're back!! :banana: That's okay Meg! I'm gonna be a Wedding Crasher at your wedding, and tape balloons to EVERYTHING. :rotfl2:

Princesskeyblade
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I have to say... I was reading your PJ thinking how much I love Margaritaville. And then I see that you changed your mind and are going for a Disney wedding! I am so excited for you!

I would plan a side trip to go eat at Margaritaville while you are on your honeymoon!

Tink_Kel
11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I have to say... I was reading your PJ thinking how much I love Margaritaville. And then I see that you changed your mind and are going for a Disney wedding! I am so excited for you!

I would plan a side trip to go eat at Margaritaville while you are on your honeymoon!

Thank you! Got the Margaritaville trip covered! :goodvibes We are actually going to US/IOA after breakfast (probably Ohana) and have Margaritaville for lunch. I would want to go there for our little four-party reception...but have you ever tried to get two teenagers to sit for a meal, when there are two theme parks within walking distance?! :sad2:

We are spending our Wedding Night at the Portofino Bay Resort at Universal, and then switching to Disney Saratoga Springs the following day.

MegKate
11-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Yay, You're back!! :banana: That's okay Meg! I'm gonna be a Wedding Crasher at your wedding, and tape balloons to EVERYTHING. :rotfl2:

Well as long as they are yellow and blue, I suppose I can hang with that. :rotfl: lol!!!

Tink_Kel
12-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Gosh, it's been forever since I've updated my journal. I blinked, and suddenly, it's only 4 1/2 months until our wedding. I don't know what in the world I'm going to do after we get married, I've been so obsessed with the planning....and that's just for a small ceremony. I can't imagine planning a huge event.

Anyway, this is what we plan....

So far, it's still going to just be me, Gregg, Jonathan (DS 18), and Jacob (DS 15). My sister said she will try to come, but I really doubt if she'll make it. I have to admit, it might be a little lonely by myself the night before, and not having another woman to help me get ready the next day.

Here is our schedule:

Friday, May 15th - Arrive at Shades of Green, hopefully around noon. I think we are going to have a family dinner at Ohana's (My favorite!). Afterwards, I'm going to say "Goodnight" to the guys, and make an early evening of it (hopefully after have a drink or two with MegKate!) :) I think I'll probably take an Ambien and go to bed early, so I don't feel groggy the next morning. I know if I don't take something, I will be literally be up all night! Anytime I have something important going on the next day, I cannot sleep...really, at all.

Saturday, 5:30 am - Get up and decorate the Gazebo! Nothing extravigant, just a few flower "Mickey"s, white tulle, and ribbon. (no balloons!) Here is the Mickey bouquets I made to hang on either side of the Gazebo openings:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01016.jpg

6:30 am - Take shower and get ready.

8:00 am - Our ceremony! I timed our vows (we aren't having music or anything, just a simple exchange), and it'll be only about 12 minutes! Gosh, all this obsessing for 12 minutes!

9:00 - Photopass photo session at Grand Floridian. I already called and talked with them, and they said I can even stay in my dress and bring my bouquet! Here's a good tip for everyone: If you pre-pay the photopass CD, you get a portrait session at the GF for only $25! I'm not sure if the offer is still in effect, but if you're interested, it's definitely worth looking into!

9:45 - Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe. I called Disney Florist, and they said one can add things to their gift baskets, so I'm going get the "Let's Celebrate" gift basket with the Fairytale Curvee. I'm going to have them add engraved flutes and cake serving set, just married buttons, and maybe a few other small things, and have the basket delivered for our breakfast. Here is the "Anniversary" cake I'm going to order for after breakfast, it's called "Mickey's delight"...I'm thinking of having the mini Castle Cake put on top.

11:00 - ? Back to Shades of Green to change clothes, pack up, and check out!

? - ? - Check into Portofino Bay resort (on-site resort on Universal). For those of you unfamiliar with Universal, here's a pic of the resort...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/Portofino20Bay_new.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/portofino_rs_01.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/lobby.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/portfolio_D8FC0A8E-3048-78A8-DBF65A.jpg

I believe it was designed after a resort in Italy. Isn't it beautiful?

? - 5:30 pm - Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure! FUN, FUN, FUN!! Tell the boys bye at 5:30 (they have own room), and return to resort with Gregg to rest and get ready for dinner. (Boys are on own till morning!) I think I'm going to give the boys gift certificates for the AMC theater (they have one at Citywalk), that's the weekend the new Star Trek movie is coming out.

7:30 pm - Dinner at Bice. Made reservations to dine on the outdoor terrace, they have muscians on a balcony across from the terrace, that start singing at sunset!

9:00 - ? Walk or ride boat to Citywalk and have a few drinks at Margaritaville.

SUNDAY

Sleep in and have breakfast in bed!!

11:00 - 3:00 pm - Universal and IOA with boys.

4:00 pm - Check into Disney Boardwalk Villas

4:00 - 7:00 - Rest

7:30 - Dinner at Yachman's Steakhouse (just me & Gregg)

? - ? - Fun at Jellyrolls!

MONDAY -

Boys fly home...Disneymoon begins!!!!!

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading it all, I hope we aren't trying to do too much!

So what do you'all think so far?

padisneyfour
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I love the colors of your mickey. It looks great! wonderful job!:goodvibes

Tink_Kel
12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE]I love the colors of your mickey. It looks great! wonderful job!/QUOTE]

Thank you! I got the idea from this wonderful board!

I forgot to post a pic of my Groom's wedding ring. I found this Taccori Platium band for 70% + 20% off at a jewelery store that was going out of business....don't you love a bargain? My DF loves it!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01215.jpg

MegKate
12-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Kel!! :wave2:

Awesome Mickey head and let me tell you that I am sorely disappointed about the balloons! hehehe! :rotfl:

We're definitely on for a drink the night before - now Rob and I will both be down there 14th or 15th through the 20th. I've got your ceremony marked down on my calendar. And I've got a camo outfit to hide in all those "shades of green" to be a paparazzi! I've even got the heart balloons to help me blend in!

Let me also say how awesome Gregg's ring is. Rob and I are going back and forth as to what we want, but I'm going to show him Gregg's ring - I bet he'll want to go similar. Of course we're not going to get a deal like you did!

Happy New Year BTW!!! :hug:
-Meg

Tink_Kel
01-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey Kel!! :wave2:

Awesome Mickey head and let me tell you that I am sorely disappointed about the balloons! hehehe! :rotfl:

We're definitely on for a drink the night before - now Rob and I will both be down there 14th or 15th through the 20th. I've got your ceremony marked down on my calendar. And I've got a camo outfit to hide in all those "shades of green" to be a paparazzi! I've even got the heart balloons to help me blend in!

Let me also say how awesome Gregg's ring is. Rob and I are going back and forth as to what we want, but I'm going to show him Gregg's ring - I bet he'll want to go similar. Of course we're not going to get a deal like you did!

Happy New Year BTW!!! :hug:
-Meg

Thanks Meg! It was kind of fun making the Mickey heads. I was kind of worried about you going to your appointments with just your dad, I'm so glad that Rob's going to be able to make it too. :banana: I was actually thinking of talking to Gregg about me going a little early to offer you some girly support, but I need to pick up a rental car in Springfield the day before we leave, and I have a feeling there's going to be a million and one things that need to be done before we leave!

It's going to be so nice to meet, I'm really excited about it!

Thanks for the compliment on Gregg's ring! I actually got it for under $400! :rotfl: They still had a pretty decent selection, and I was so glad that Gregg was able to pick out one he liked. I didn't even realize it was a Tacorri until we got home.

Well, guess I'll go for now...it's after 2:00 am. I need to go slip into my ear plugs and snuggle up with my DF. He snores like a freaking freight train! :scared1: The things you do for love!

Tink_Kel
01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Okay, I didn't plan on any music for my ceremony, but this one song just sticks in my head...it's Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole's version on Somewhere Over the Rainbow. You can hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6brHwpJYU&feature=related

It makes me feel light and at peace the same way Gregg does.

I'm thinking of playing it right after we are pronouced "Man and Wife".

I'm going to post this on the main board too....I don't think too many peeps read my PJ, and I'd really like someone's opinion. :goodvibes

Petals & Pixie Dust
01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
How did I miss this??? I love the Mickey floral. I wish I had the patience to make them! The colors are beautiful! I look forward to reading more!

Tink_Kel
01-02-2009, 04:37 PM
How did I miss this??? I love the Mickey floral. I wish I had the patience to make them! The colors are beautiful! I look forward to reading more!

Thank you so much...it was my "Survivor" project :rotfl: My DF works Thursday nights, so I'd snip and hotglue flowers during the show. I never would have thought of it, if I hadn't seen someone else do it on this board.

Tink_Kel
02-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Well, my poor PJ has been lingering on the 3rd page of the PJ board, so I thought it was probably time for an update!

Just a few new plans for my tiny family wedding...we decided on a sunrise ceremony! (Sorry Meg, but papparazzi need to be ready at ALL hours! ) I'm really excited about this, because I get to use twinkle lights on the Shades of Green gazebo! (simple pleasures) Also, we have such a full schedule, that we need to start early, so we can hit those Universal parks early! (I feel like a traitor, seeing we're getting married at Disney World! But my teen boys are all about the "wild" rides, and I do love Universal too!)

Now for some more exciting news....I got all our PS ressies!! :banana: :banana:

Here they are:

May 15th, 8:20 - Ohana (last dinner as a "single woman"! :banana:
May 16th, 7:30am - Grand Floridian Cafe ("just married" breakfast)
May 16th, 8:00pm - Bice - Portofino Bay, Universal
May 17th, 6:10pm - Kona Cafe (thanks to Lynn's wonderful review! I have to have some of that chocolate banana creme brule!)
May 19th, 1:00 T-Rex (Downtown Disney)
May 19th, 9:30pm - Yachtsman Steakhouse (thinking about the "Sweetheart Dinner, but nobody can tell me what's on the prix fix menu!)
May 20th, 5:00pm - LeCellier
May 21st, 10:00am - Spoodles (after EPCOT Honeymoon Photoshoot)
May 21st, 6:15pm - Crystal Palace

Well, I guess that's it for now! Yay, now I'm on the 1st page again!! :woohoo:

Tink_Kel
02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Just thought I'd add a few recent purchases :)

My shoes....

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01308.jpg

and looky what I found at disneyshopping.com (thanks for the idea Meg!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01274.jpg

I thought of putting our names on them...but we'll only a bride and groom once, but we'll always be Kel & Gregg! :cutie:

princess22
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh my, are those robes? They look really nice and warm. I might have to steal that idea, very cute.

What is an epcot honeymoon shoot? I've never heard of it

Tink_Kel
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh my, are those robes? They look really nice and warm. I might have to steal that idea, very cute.

What is an epcot honeymoon shoot? I've never heard of it

Thanks, the robes are soooooooooooo soft! I got them on sale for 19.99 each!! (plus $8 for the embroidery)

The honeymoon shoot is $310, and you get an albumn with 20 4x6s, and loose prints of all the other shots they take. They will schedule for any of the parks, but EPCOT is the only one they let you in before park hours, so no other people will be around. Of course, if your an "official" Disney bride, you have the option of having an in-park photoshoot during non-park hours! :)

MegKate
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Just thought I'd add a few recent purchases :)

My shoes....

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01308.jpg

and looky what I found at disneyshopping.com (thanks for the idea Meg!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01274.jpg

I thought of putting our names on them...but we'll only a bride and groom once, but we'll always be Kel & Gregg! :cutie:

I love the robes Kel!! They look so comfy!!! :cloud9:

The shoes are really cute! They are the same size heel I did a faceplant in. :headache: I so wish I could walk in heels - I'm jealous! And they match to everything so well. You're good!

How is everything else in the planning world going? How have you been - what have you been up to?

Tink_Kel
02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I love the robes Kel!! They look so comfy!!! :cloud9:

The shoes are really cute! They are the same size heel I did a faceplant in. :headache: I so wish I could walk in heels - I'm jealous! And they match to everything so well. You're good!

How is everything else in the planning world going? How have you been - what have you been up to?

Thanks Meg! I never would have thought of checking there if not for you! I'm going to have to practice walking in those shoes, so I don't do a faceplant too. :lmao: Maybe put some tape on the bottom of them too so their not too slick....or just take pics with them on, and switch into flip-flops!

Plannings been going really well, go all the PSs that we wanted, to include LeCellier! :thumbsup2 How about you, did you guys get what you wanted for your planning session? I can't wait to meet you in May!

MegKate
02-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks Meg! I never would have thought of checking there if not for you! I'm going to have to practice walking in those shoes, so I don't do a faceplant too. :lmao: Maybe put some tape on the bottom of them too so their not too slick....or just take pics with them on, and switch into flip-flops!

Plannings been going really well, go all the PSs that we wanted, to include LeCellier! :thumbsup2 How about you, did you guys get what you wanted for your planning session? I can't wait to meet you in May!

We only needed to get ressies for the 16th and 17th - We're doing MGM the rest of the 16th and MK on the 17th. We did the drive in theater on the 16th, and Liberty Tree on the 17th. We're doing the PS on the 18th and Roots on the 19th (like someone else I know! :laughing: ) so we didn't have time to get much else.

Ditto on May! :hug:

Tink_Kel
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
We only needed to get ressies for the 16th and 17th - We're doing MGM the rest of the 16th and MK on the 17th. We did the drive in theater on the 16th, and Liberty Tree on the 17th. We're doing the PS on the 18th and Roots on the 19th (like someone else I know! :laughing: ) so we didn't have time to get much else.

Ditto on May! :hug:

We are going to be at the MK on the 17th too! (from about 8:00 pm till close) We're gonna have to swap #s and meet for a while (if you're not having too much fun!)

camara381
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh NO! I want some robes now too!!!! The shoes are really cute! and the ADR's are wonderful!!!

Tink_Kel
02-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh NO! I want some robes now too!!!! The shoes are really cute! and the ADR's are wonderful!!!

Thank you so much! I believe the robes are still on sale at www.disneyshopping.com, they are truely very soft and comfy! It took me a long time to find the shoes I wanted to compliment my bouquet and jewelry, thanks for the compliment!

29apr00
02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Wow those robes are nice!! I love the shoes!!

A sunrise ceremony!! How lovely!! I'm sure it will be beautiful with the twinkle lights!! :cool1:

Tink_Kel
02-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Wow those robes are nice!! I love the shoes!!

A sunrise ceremony!! How lovely!! I'm sure it will be beautiful with the twinkle lights!! :cool1:

Thank you Jennifer! I appreciate you stopping by...you are one of the lovely people on this board that has inspired me to be more creative!

Tink_Kel
02-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Just thought I'd post some of my ebay bootie!! :rotfl:

Limited Edition Happy Honeymoon Pins from the Boardwalk (where we'll be staying). This was quite a coup, very limited edition!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01321.jpg http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01322.jpg

I think these are from Japan?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01324.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01323.jpg

Can't wait to get more "Love" pins while we are on our Disneymoon! :cloud9:

Tink_Kel
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I forgot to post my surprise for Gregg. I'm having a brick made for the path that goes to the gazebo we are getting married in. Here's what I had put on it:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/brick.jpg

I'm going to "reveal" it to him the night before! :)

Tink_Kel
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Just a mini-update! Today I ordered something special for our wedding breakfast from Disneyflorist.com

I got the "Toasting to a Happily Ever After" gift basket

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/imageload.jpg

I added the Congratulations from Mickey and Minnie photo ($6.00), and I'm replacing the wine with the Fairytale Curvee. I asked if I mail a few little things to them, if they'd add them to the basket. So, I'm sending them this cute bottle stopper'

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/9179M.jpg

and "Just Married" buttons.

I also pre-ordered the new Jim Shore Mickey & Minnie couple (It dosen't come out until sometime in May!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/fct_2d371b375ca7ddf.jpg

I can't wait for our little family celebration!! :hug:

29apr00
03-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Thank you Jennifer! I appreciate you stopping by...you are one of the lovely people on this board that has inspired me to be more creative!

Me?? :lovestruc :lovestruc Aw that's so sweet! I don't think i'm creative at all, i just borrow the great ideas for other brides! Like that Jim Shore Mickey and Minnie! I've not seen that yet! I may have to pre-order it too! :thumbsup2

And those pins are soooo great! I never knew they had those! I wonder if they have any DCL ones??? May have to add that to the ever growing list! And the brick is an AWESOME suprise! How very romantic! I love it!

Lynn5700
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Just thought I'd post some of my ebay bootie!! :rotfl:

Limited Edition Happy Honeymoon Pins from the Boardwalk (where we'll be staying). This was quite a coup, very limited edition!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01321.jpg http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01322.jpg

I think these are from Japan?

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01324.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01323.jpg

Can't wait to get more "Love" pins while we are on our Disneymoon! :cloud9:

Kel those pins are so cool! I collect the M&M bride and groom pins. I'm going to have to find them!

Are you getting excited? You don't have that much longer to go!! YAY!

MegKate
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I love everything Kel! I love coming to your PJ to keep tabs on how close it's getting because I get out of school two days before your wedding! hehehe... how self serving LOL! :lmao:

I want those Boardwalk pins... hmm.. <another thing added to Meg's list!>

MegKate
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
:banana: :banana: KELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! :banana: :banana:

2 months left!! I'm psyched for you!! WAZOO!!

(I'm a poet, what can I say?)

DISNEYMAGIC2005
04-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I just wanted to say that your wedding is the day of my Bestest friends graduation from college. I totally just realized it!

So now I have a countdown on my computer that says 39 days until Jeramie's Graduation... and Kel's SOG wedding! You are getting soo close! I am so excited for ya! :woohoo:

disbridemimi
04-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I am so excited to have found your PJ! And the big day is almost here! I cant wait to see all of your after pics etc!!! I love your Mickey Pomanders! I think they will look lovely at the Gazeebo!!!

princess22
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I had no clue about the brick thing. Can you give me more information please!?

Love the pins by the way

Tink&PirateMama
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi! I just read your PJ- your plans are fantastic! It all sounds wonderful!! Portofino looks gorgeous too! Congratulations!! Look forward to reading more:)

Lynn5700
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey Kel!!! You're almost there girl!!

Tink901
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Kel -

All your choices look great!! I love the mickey heads you made.

If you need anything let me know.

Bren

rumrunnergirl
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM

Tink_Kel
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
:banana: :banana: KELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! :banana: :banana:

2 months left!! I'm psyched for you!! WAZOO!!

(I'm a poet, what can I say?)

Oh Meg, please don't tell me I never responded. I can't believe I haven't checked my PJ for so long, I'm so sorry! :scared1: Only 9 More days!! Let me tell you, I feel like I'm running around chasing my tail, I can't get anything done....work piling up, working late, last minute shopping, last minutes project. I'm going crazy!! I don't know how you girls do the big fancy weddings!

I just wanted to say that your wedding is the day of my Bestest friends graduation from college. I totally just realized it!

So now I have a countdown on my computer that says 39 days until Jeramie's Graduation... and Kel's SOG wedding! You are getting soo close! I am so excited for ya!

Thanks Ashley...Ug, I'm embarrassed that I haven't responded to you wonderful Disbrides. I hope you have fun at your friends graduation!

I am so excited to have found your PJ! And the big day is almost here! I cant wait to see all of your after pics etc!!! I love your Mickey Pomanders! I think they will look lovely at the Gazeebo!!!

Thank you!!! I hope the Gazebo turns out okay...I've been so rushed, I'm almost to the point where I just want to show up and get it over with! :rolleyes1 I just want to get on with the Honeymoon!! :hug:

I had no clue about the brick thing. Can you give me more information please!?

Love the pins by the way

Did I send you a PM? If not, please let me know!

Hey Kel!!! You're almost there girl!!

Lynn! I know you're too busy re-creating your own honeymoon right now to read this ;) but thanks for stoping by. I can't wait to read your trip report!!

Kel -

All your choices look great!! I love the mickey heads you made.

If you need anything let me know.

Bren

Thanks so much Bren, you've already done so much, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. Thanks to you, our Honeymoon is going to be even more special now! I can't wait for us to meet!

Are ya ready????

Oh please, don't get me started!! I'm going nutso!! :dance3: How about you, are you as exhausted as me trying to get everything ready? I'll be looking for you!! :goodvibes

rumrunnergirl
05-07-2009, 10:28 PM

29apr00
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I know i won't be on tomorrow before your O'Dark Early wedding....so i jsut wanted to say

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!
:bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride:: bride::bride:

tiggerrifficheidi
05-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I hope your day was magical!!!

DISNEYMAGIC2005
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Happy belated wedding day! Hope your day was magical and i can't wait to hear all about it and sog and everything!!!!!!!

Tink901
06-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi Kel -

I hope you got home and settled back into a routine. I know it takes a little time to catch back up.

I'm glad that we got to meet and have lunch during your trip,:thumbsup2 even though the rain wasn't very cooperative. lol Al and I had a great time with you. Hope to see you when your back in FL.

Bren

Tink_Kel
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I know i won't be on tomorrow before your O'Dark Early wedding....so i jsut wanted to say

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!
:bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride:: bride::bride:

Thank you so much Jen, it was magical, even though not everything happened as planned. It's funny how "big" things, don't seem so big, when you think of the prize in the end! (My wonderful Hubby!)

Happy belated wedding day! Hope your day was magical and i can't wait to hear all about it and sog and everything!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Ashley....I just sent you a PM!!

Hi Kel -

I hope you got home and settled back into a routine. I know it takes a little time to catch back up.

I'm glad that we got to meet and have lunch during your trip, even though the rain wasn't very cooperative. lol Al and I had a great time with you. Hope to see you when your back in FL.

Bren

Oh Bren! Meeting you and Al was so much fun....and let me tell you, our Yachtsman experience was something we will never forget! Thanks for meeting up, it was a lovely way to spend one of the MANY rainy afternoons! Thank you too for offering to take back-up pics in case Meg didn't show...I'm sorry you hurt your knee the night before. Unfortunately Meg didn't return my voicemails about meeting up, though she quoted a "mis-communication" in her PJ. :confused3 I PM'd her to ask why, but she didn't respond. Go figure.

Thanks everybody for looking at my PJ!! I'll post more later about our wedding and Disneymoon...unfortunately as soon as we got home, we got hit by a big ol pile of "real life", and I haven't had much of an opportunity to get online. I can't wait to share some of our soggy pics...and let me tell you, it rained......every. single. day. :headache: (Except for our wedding day, yay!!)

Ta for now!!

Kel

29apr00
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
welcome back Kelly! can't wait to hear all about it!

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi! As usual, I've neglected my poor PJ!! Things have been so hectic since being back...I really don't know where to start!

I know, it's all about the pics, right?!!

Unfortunately, my "photographer" was a no-show...several months of "can't wait to meet", turned into unanswered voice-mails. Much to my disappointment, we didn't get as many ceremony pictures as I'd have liked. I had a back-up person to take pics (thank you so much for offering Bren!), but she hurt her knee the night before. Anyway, I guess that's what I get for being cheep-o!! Since this wasn't the first marriage for Gregg and I, we decided to spend our money on the real fun part...the honeymoon!! Anyway, I digress!! The following pics were taken courtsey of my oldest son, Jonathan, who held the remote cord behind his back! Haha.

Here is a pic of the Gazebo at Shades of Green. We decided to not decorate too much (a decision made I think more by the fact that we were just wore out the night before, and it was suppose to rain!!) That's why, if you notice, the "decorations" are on the INSIDE of the gazebo! (Yeah, we're backwards like that!) Anyway, Gregg actually decorated it the morning we got married, so his bride could concentrate on looking beautiful for him! :bride:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05765.jpg

Here is a picture of us laughing during the ceremony. I think this is where I realized I forgot our wedding rings. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, our room was just a few feet away, so my youngest son, Jacob, ran back and got them for us...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05657.jpg

My oldest son cried during most of the ceremony (I didn't realize it until I looked at the pics later). He said he couldn't help it, because he never saw me look at anyone the way I looked at Gregg during the ceremony. :hug:

Let me introduce you to Mr. & Mrs. Goodfellow!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05699.jpg

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 06:42 PM
My "flowergirl", Jonathan....:rotfl2: He'd kill me if he read this!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05717.jpg

Our first family photo...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05751.jpg

After the ceremony, we took our car (used valet parking) to the Grand Floridan for breakfast. In a word, it was WONDERFUL. Pat at GF dining did a beautiful job preparing our celebration, and had this gift basket waiting for us...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05775.jpg

I had ordered it from disneyflorist.com, and had some extra goodies added, such as a framed signed "Congratulations from Mickey and Minnie" picture. Now, I finely get to show off my beautiful wedding cake!! Just a note, Pat (replacement for Linda, the Cake Nazi) was great to work with!! The colors were a litte off from what I requested, but all in all, it was just as I requested!! Ironically, our cake cost more than our entire "wedding!" :laughing:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05866.jpg

Yum-o!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05859.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05887.jpg

After breakfast, we had a portrait session appointment at the Grand Floridian. They had no problems with us wearing our wedding garb!

Wayyyyyyyyy back in November, Photopass had a deal if you pre-bought a CD, you got a $25 portrait session at the Grand Floridian. I have nothing but good things to say about their photopass resort settings! Here are a few of my favorites...they printed 7 of our favs, and gave us the disk!!:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage15.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage31.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage26.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage18.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage39.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage44.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage43-1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage56.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DisneyPhotoImage11.jpg

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Okay, I don't know why my pics are coming out so small....let's see if I can get a better pic of the cake (priorities!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05859-1.jpg

padisneyfour
06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Okay, I don't know why my pics are coming out so small....let's see if I can get a better pic of the cake (priorities!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05859-1.jpg

congrats and welcome back! I love this cake! it is awesome! that's great about the photopass too. congrats!:goodvibes

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
After we finished out photo session, we were off for fun!! We hopped into the car and went to Shades of Green to check out. We had reservations at the Portofino Bay resort at Universal. It didn't disappoint!! We got a gorgeous room with a walk-out to the piazza. Gorgeous!! This isn't my pic, but our room was just to the left of the "marina"

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/Portofino20Bay_new.jpg

After we checked in, we changed clothes and headed to Island of Adventures. What a blast! Unfortunately, I didn't take very many park pics...our main goal was just having some family fun. Here's a pic of Jonathan though at Universal with one of his favorite buds...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01423-1.jpg

Me with the boys

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05968.jpg

After hitting all the hot-spots (at Island of Adventures/Universal Studios, if you stay on site, your room key acts like a "fast pass" for all the rides...priceless!!) we gave the boys the option to stay on their own, or go back to the resort. Everyone was pretty wore out from the traveling and getting up early for the wedding, so we all returned to Portofino Bay together. We said goodbye to the boys for the night (it was around 5:00) and went to our room for a much-needed nap!!

Pirate's Princess
06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
First off, Congrats!

And hooray for a TR! Yummy looking cake! popcorn::

PrincessShea
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Congrats! Everything looked beautiful. I especially loved the Mickey flower ball hanging above the two of you during the ceremony :lovestruc

princess22
06-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Everything looked great!! I'm still undecided as to how to decorate the gazebo. That cake is adorable. Did it taste as good as it looked?

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
A little surprise from Portofino Bay

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05922.jpg

After a much-needed rest, we got up and took showers for our evening out. Every evening at sunset, the Portofino Bay has the Singing Tennors, who go on a balcony overlooking the Piazza and sing. We ordered a couple of wines and sat on the Piazza and watched the Tennors...it was wonderfully romantic!!

Afterwards we had dinner reservations at Emerils. OMG, it was FABULOUS!!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01420-1.jpg

Even Emeril offers a little bit of Pixie Dust!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01422.jpg

After dinner, we walked around Citywalk for a while (Citywalk is to Universal what Downtown Disney is to Disneyworld), and then rode a boat back to the Portofino.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC05939.jpg

A romantic end to a perfect day....

29apr00
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM
1st, welcome back and congrats! So sorry about the photographer! How crappy! But the ceremony looked beautiful and the cake! OMG how pretty! They did a great job! Love your flowers!!

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 07:59 PM
congrats and welcome back! I love this cake! it is awesome! that's great about the photopass too. congrats!:goodvibes

Thank you so much!! The cake tasted as good as it looked! I loved our photopass photographer...our only problem was "sun issues", it was so hard not to squint!

1st, welcome back and congrats! So sorry about the photographer! How crappy! But the ceremony looked beautiful and the cake! OMG how pretty! They did a great job! Love your flowers!!

Thanks Jen! Yeah, I was really disappointed by the whole photo issue...tho it wasn't a "photographer", just someone I thought was a friend. A simple courtsey call would have eliminated a lot of hard feelings. The ceremony was beautiful, and so intimate. Sunrise was a perfect time to begin our new life together!

Everything looked great!! I'm still undecided as to how to decorate the gazebo. That cake is adorable. Did it taste as good as it looked?

Thank you! In all honesty, I think the gazebo is beautiful on it's own. I loved the fan in the inside (sorry no pics). They were really nice and turned the lights on it the night before.

Congrats! Everything looked beautiful. I especially loved the Mickey flower ball hanging above the two of you during the ceremony

Thank you, I got the idea from these wonderful ladies on the board!!

First off, Congrats!

And hooray for a TR! Yummy looking cake!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 09:19 PM
My first day as Mrs. Goodfellow!! It was so nice waking up next to my husband for the first time! I had orginally planned (You'll hear this a lot, "originally planned", for us to have a lesurely breakfast in bed, but my oldest son, Jonathan, decided it was 9:00 dang-it, and time to hit the parks!! (Negative thing #1 about taking your kids on your honeymoon!) Honestly though, Gregg wanted to sleep, and I was getting kind of restless too....I heard the Mummy calling my name! Gregg and I decided that he would sleep later, and then get Jacob (Jake had a sore throat and wanted to sleep too) to help him check out, and then meet me and Jonathan at Universal.

Me and Jonathan headed for some nice ride-bonding. Gregg and Jakey joined us a little later...I could tell now Jakey was really starting to get sick :sad2: (Negative thing #2 about taking your kids on your honeymoon, "mom mode" never sleeps!) I was starting to get worried, because the boys were suppose to fly home the next day, and Jacob gets re-occuring strep :headache: Do I take him to the doctor now, "just in case", or hope it's just a regular sore throat? Arrgghh!

We "did" Universal until around 2:00....Jakey still wasn't feeling well, and we were all kind of dragging, so we decided to leave and head for Disney Boardwalk for the beginning of our Disneymoon. :hug: Thankfully, our room was ready, so we rested for a while before me & Gregg headed out for some alone-time. I was so excited for us to doan our wedding ears and head for the Magic Kingdom!! I went to Boardwalk Bakery and got the boys dinner, then Gregg and I headed for the park. The boys were going to spend a quiet night relaxing at the resort.

This night will be forever in my memory as the night it started raining....and didn't stop for the rest of our honeymoon (well maybe for a few minutes) Little did we know, but it was just the beginning of many rain-soaked memories.

It had started raining before we left around 8:00 pm. Now mind you, I've been to WDW many times, and never let a little rain get in my way. However, usually it's just a storm, it clears, and that's it for the day. With this in mind, our plan: was: romantic strolls, find photopass opportunities, watch wishes, catch a few rides. However, reality was: duck into stores between cloud bursts when even an umbrella didn't help, find there are no photopass people available because they can't get their equipment wet, wishes delayed...wishes delayed....wishes delayed. Wishes cancelled! :sad2: Finely around 11:45 (it was a magic hour night, open till midnight) it stops raining for a few minutes, and we got a pic in front of the castle!! Yay! (notice hardly anyone in the background!!)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa237/kel2u/DSC01442-1.jpg

After our magic moment we decided to call it a day and head back to the resort. Gregg was getting up at 4:30 am to take the boys to the airport, while I sleep. :flower3: Thank you hubby!!

Tomorrow: More rain, a wonderful meeting with another Dis-bride, and Hollywood Studios.

Tink_Kel
06-23-2009, 10:01 PM
I was so excited today, alone at last!!!! :cool1: Today's agenda was Gregg take the boys to the airport while I slept...then he was going to take a nap, and I was going to meet with Brenda (Tink901). After our meeting, Gregg and I were going to Hollywood Studios until 10:00 (Magic Hour night).

Did I mention it was raining? :)

I woke up with the guys at 4:00am to tell the guys goodbye and be good, and all that Mom stuff. Jakey still wasn't feeling good, so I told him he could spend the night with his brother and he'd catch the bus to school the next day. He was going to his friend's house to spend the rest of the week, but I thought he needed to rest at home first, and gave Jonathan instructions to take him to the Dr. if he started running a fever or feeling worse.

Gregg & the boys left for the airport, and I hopped in bed with the alarm set for 9:30. Today I get to meet my first Disbride in person!! :woohoo: I met Bren and her huband, Al, at the Boardwalk Lobby with the plans to go to ESPN for lunch. I am so mad that I forget my camera!! :sad2: Gregg got back from the airport, the alarm went off 1/2 an hour later, and I left my new husband in bed alone, so I could meet Bren! :rotfl:

Did I mention it was raining? :laughing: A drenched rain-coat clad couple came in, and I immediately knew it was Bren and Al! Al led the way to ESPN...being a Disney veteran, he knew all the nooks and crannies and back doors to get us to ESPN without drowning! (Thanks Al!!) I had such fun chatting the afternoon away with Bren...she had beautiful wedding photos, and it was such a pleasure getting to know her. We really clicked, I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet and get better acquainted!

I brought food back for my poor neglected groom and woke him up...it's time to get ready for Hollywood studios!! Yay! I can't wait to get him on the Tower of Terror.

Oh, did I mention it was still raining?

So, we make our way to Hollywood Studios, with our trusty umbrella. I know I'm sounding like a broken record...but it's still raining. I hate to put a bad spin on our honeymoon, like it was a wash-out (pardon the pun)...but somehow the rain really put a damp(er) on our visit to the park. An umbrella only keeps you so dry when the rain is diagional. After doing the Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster, we decided to go for broke and had a CM call Disney dining to see if there were any openings at Spoodles. Finely a bit of Pixie Dust...if we left the park right then, we'd make an ADR! :goodvibes

Spoodles was wonderful!!!

After dinner we decided to call it a night and just cuddle in the resort for the rest of the evening.

Do not disturb!! :hug:

princess22
06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry about the rain. I remember those days of rain. It never ended. I think we almost set a record in Central Florida for the most days of rain!

You are whipping out this TR fast. It's great and I'm loving it! Can't wait to read more! Oh, did I tell you I went to SOG with my FIL's and I found your brick and freaked out. I was like, Ryan take a picture I know her! And he was like whatever... I was like, fine I don't personally know her but I KNOW HER!!!

tiggerrifficheidi
06-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Kelly-I'm so glad you had such a great day! Everything looked great! Your flowers and cake were both amazing! And I totally know what you mean about the squinting...alot of our pics on the beach at the GF look that way, too!

LittleStinkerbelle
06-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Congratulations!!!! I :love: your cake--so beautiful! Sorry about your photog but your photopass pics came out amazing.:goodvibes

Tink901
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Kel -

GREAT Pics:wizard: - sorry I wasn't injured and couldn't be there for you!

I'm so glad we got to meet in person Al and I had a great time at lunch- now if you could just move here already - life would be good!!:thumbsup2 Your son will kill you if he sees that picture online!!!

I hope you have gotten all your painting and moving done - I'm finally getting all the unpacking done - bit by bit - man do I own too much clothes and shoes - LOL!

Talk soon!!!

Bren

Tink&PirateMama
06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to say that everything looks great!! Beautiful pictures, and wow do I ever love your cake!! Congratulations!! :goodvibes