PDA

View Full Version : Good News: Still going to WDW....

McRed
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Bad News: Fort Wilderness is no longer part of the trip. My folks had a week of timeshare at RCI that they had to get rid of and offered it to us. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Really close to Disney and shuttle service to the parks. We still have the tickets to MNSSHP and will still try to go to the Hoop-Dee-Doo.
So now there is an opening at FTW for the week of Oct. 13th for someone to take advantage of.
DW was a little bummed at first, saying that she really wanted to do the Haunted Hayride. When I told her that it was no longer offered, she signed on pretty quickly. We'll try again maybe in a few more years. My last trip to the Fort was in July of 1971....not many shade trees back then.

Gatordad
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
just don't stay at Westgate Vacation Villas.

2goofycampers
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Have fun, WDW is great any where you stay.

Us3
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal! I hope you're able to at least visit the Fort! :thumbsup2 It funny to me when I see all of the old photo's of the Fort with all of the short little newly planted pine tress. It actually looks like Florida in those pics, ha!

ntsammy5
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM
My folks had a week of timeshare at RCI that they had to get rid of and offered it to us. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm doing that in November - Wyndham Cypress Palms - where are you staying?

I'm still going to the Fort just to look around and I have a site for a couple of nights if I decide to go - put up a tent and chill out there.