PDA

View Full Version : TinkAsh2001's Planning Journal! UPDATED 11/2 {Planning this far!!}

TinkAsh2001
08-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello & welcome to my planning journal! I have been lurking around others for a while & I wanted to start my own. Even though I am having an at home wedding but never the less I am having a DISNEYMOON!!!!:thumbsup2 We are getting married June 6, 2009. Our Disneymoon will be June 8-13!
Let me introduce us!!
I'm Ashley & am 25. My DFI is Clint & 26. We live in a small town in Kentucky & I wouldnt have it any other way!! I go to college to study Medical Assisting and I also work part time in retail:eek: . DFI is in the KY National Guard & is a Corrections Officer at the state prison here.I love to scrapbook & spend time with family & friends. Clint loves video games & collecting guns:rolleyes:! All well we all have different liking I suppose!
How We Met:
Clint was in Iraq & I was a member of an organization that sent items to the troops over seas. So we started talking & I sent him brownies..Thats what got him! LOL! When he came home in October we talked still & on New Years Day we finally met & started dating!
The Engagment:
My ring: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/july23015.jpg
We had planned a trip to Louisville, KY July 2 & 3 to spend time together & go to the base and shop. Well, since Clint is a baseball fan & never been to a game I decided to suprise him with tickets. When we were headed out to the game Clint got down on one knee & said will you marry me! I said of course!! LOL! (He wanted me to pick it out because he was afraid he would get something I wouldnt like. When we got o the jewlery store he ended up picking it..LOL!
Here's a picture of us from around May:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/Park007.jpg
I hope you stay tuned & I didnt bore you to much..Another installment coming up NOW!...

Lynn5700
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Aww glad you started :) Great story!!! You two are adorable.

TinkAsh2001
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
So I wanted to update on what I have planned so far!
*We have the Church booked & all our meeting with the priest are about done
*Photographer is booked & deposit is paid
*DJ booked & half of that is paid
*Reception area is booked
*Honeymoon is booked & deposit is paid
*My dress is picked out & bought http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/dresspic2.jpg
*Bridesmaids Dresses are picked out (ordering in Jan.) http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/DressShopping005.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/DressShopping006.jpg
*Guys will be wearing the army dress uniform
Thanks so much to My mom because she is paying for the reception & the flowers for us.
Our colors are picked out: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/DressShopping007.jpg
Rose Petal & Latte
We also decided since the night we got engaged we went to a baseball game we would incorperate that in. So we decided to get the baseball gumballs to put on the tables & I might get DFI's grooms cake as a baseball themed one.
So..what do you think so far?!

DisneyBrideToni
08-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi and welcome!!! Your picture with you and your DF is so cute!!!! Congrats on the engagement.

Your dress is beautiful and I LOVE your colors. I like the baseball idea since you got engaged at a baseball game!!!

Can't wait to hear more!

Lynn5700
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
OOOH I love pink & brown together!

TinkAsh2001
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi and welcome!!! Your picture with you and your DF is so cute!!!! Congrats on the engagement.

Your dress is beautiful and I LOVE your colors. I like the baseball idea since you got engaged at a baseball game!!!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you so much!! Hope you stick around!!! I have more to post but figured that was enough for tonight plus I want to make sure people are actually reading & not going to sleep! LOL!
OOOH I love pink & brown together!
Thank you! I love pink & brown & didn't they would clash to bad with the uniforms.

lucas
08-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Congratulations! http://bestsmileys.com/wedding/9.gif

A Disneymoon - how cute!! Love your dress. This thread is gonna be so exciting! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

TinkAsh2001
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Congratulations! :bride: :groom:

A Disneymoon - how cute!! Love your dress. This thread is gonna be so exciting! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

So glad you are here!!!! How are you & your husband doing?!

mrsksomeday
08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Ashley :hug:, thank you so much for PM'ing me about this!! You two look wonderful together!! I can't wait to go along on your journey.

lucas
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
So glad you are here!!!! How are you & your husband doing?!

We are doing good. We have a WDW trip coming up in September. We are going with family and a few friends - 10 people in total!! :eek:

Keep up the good work on your journal! http://bestsmileys.com/wedding/8.gif

MegKate
08-26-2008, 11:58 PM
That is one beautiful dress! And being the sports junkie I am, I love the baseball idea. Is your bridesmaid dress from David's Bridal? I was looking at one really similar to yours. I want something appropriate for a 29 yr old Maid of Honor and an 11 yr old JR. Bridesmaid. If it is the dress (if I remember right, they had a version that would work for my niece - the JR bridesmaid), what do you think of it?

And I love the colors! I'm in color chaos right now! Can't wait to read more of your story! :surfweb:

Evita_W
08-27-2008, 01:59 AM
One word: AWWWWWWWWWW............. :love:

This reminds of me just 2 years ago. I wish I knew of these boards back then! :goodvibes You two are just ADORABLE!! I just love weddings! :bride: DH and I went to WDW for our Honeymoon!

I love reading this!! Thanks for inviting me to read! Can't wait for MORE!! popcorn::

PrincessNewsie
08-27-2008, 02:02 AM
I love it :) I went to david's bridal too!!! you look gorgeous and so happy

Moonlitdreams82
08-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Hey sweetie!!! I'm here!!!! I love your plans so far. Your colors are great. Your dress is beautiful! I am so excited for you. You guys are going to have an amazing wedding and an fantastic honeymoon. Can't wait to hear more.

Moonlitdreams82
08-27-2008, 03:49 AM
by the way....I finally added an update. I am sorry I haven't been around. Thanks for worrying but I am okay. The update is a long one so make sureyou have some time and some coffee....:surfweb:

Thanks for being such a loyal reader

I will be the same for you:hug:

kykatt2
08-27-2008, 05:01 AM
I'm Here and On Board...
Yeah Clint and Ashley !!!!!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/kykatt/Cartoons%20and%20clip%20art/thi69210763_68803.gif

scottny
08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
hi,
Got your pm and I am here.

Princesskeyblade
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I am subbing!!!

I love your plans so far! I can not wait to hear more!:goodvibes

TinkAsh2001
08-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I just want to say thank you guys sooooooo much for joining me! Now I dont have to worry about people reading! YAY! Im happy! I will actually have another update today when I get off work so stay tuned!!

mindy5648
08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
I absolutely love your colors. I have brother in the navy and one in the marines so I went with dark blue so they could wear their blues. It is great that you were able to incorporate the colors of your future husbands dress "greens??" Everything looks GREAT together. I am very excited for you and to read more about your special day!!!! :jumping1:

lmillercrew
08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
I found you on another TR and came over. Please tell your GF and his friends that serve thank you from Ohio for their service. I'm an Air Force brat born and raised, so I'm very grateful of our servicemen. Your dress is beautiful and I love your colors. Can't wait to follow along.

IndyBride
08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
So far everything looks fabulous!! The colors are going to be great!!

TinkAsh2001
08-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I found you on another TR and came over. Please tell your GF and his friends that serve thank you from Ohio for their service. I'm an Air Force brat born and raised, so I'm very grateful of our servicemen. Your dress is beautiful and I love your colors. Can't wait to follow along.

Thank you so much! I will defintely tell him!

I am so glad you guys are here! yay! I am going to work on an installment now!

TinkAsh2001
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM
How/ Why We Picked The Date:
After deciding on our date June 6, 2009 (D-Day) we had many people ask why?! Well, my grandparents passed away before I was born & I would give ANYTHING to have just 1 day with them & meet them but I never did. They got married on June 5. So since that was a friday & we didnt want to chance people not being able to come because of work & things we decided on June 6 the saturday! I bought a special Memorial vase to put on the alter. It will have pink carnations because my mom said that was her favorite flower. I will also carry a picture of them pinned on my bouquet.

Shopping so far:
We have been shopping a few times for random wedding stuff & DFI actually doesnt mind it. We wanted something different besides the normal guestbook we would never look at again so here is what we got: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/wedding001.jpg We got a great deal on it & we loved the frame.
I also have seen on a mesage board the idea of having the i do letters on the cake table & I LOVED it! So here are the ones I bought & painted for our table: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/wedding002-1.jpg
We also have bought our bubbles. I have brown & pink ribbon tied on them & labels that say Clint & Ashley June 6, 2009 Thanks for sharing our special day with us!
We found our card box at Target in the dollar spot & couldnt pass it up: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/wedding200.jpg
I bought the bridesmaids gifts also but dont want to post incase they come across this page! If you want inof just PM me. They are super cute & a decent price also!
Well, I hope I havent been to boring so far!
Also, Our original honeymoon was only 4 nights, 5 days but I found out from a friend (Army Wife) That sea world offers the troops/ military free admission 1 time a year. So since I called to make sure it was legit we added a day on so now are get 5 nights 6 days! I was so excited when DFI agreed!!! YAY!

MegKate
08-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm doing something a little different for the memorial part of our wedding. Rob's grandmother and my great aunt were very important to us and they've both passed on. We bought these small frames with ribbon to go on my bouquet (just as a possible idea):
http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp74/IceCat516/JMW06752_270lr.jpg
I like what you're doing as well. :) I'm going to have to get I DO next time I'm in Bangor (Friday yay!) We have no craft store up here! Great idea!

Keep up the great posts! I'll be reading! popcorn::

TinkAsh2001
08-28-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm doing something a little different for the memorial part of our wedding. Rob's grandmother and my great aunt were very important to us and they've both passed on. We bought these small frames with ribbon to go on my bouquet (just as a possible idea):
http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp74/IceCat516/JMW06752_270lr.jpg
I like what you're doing as well. :) I'm going to have to get I DO next time I'm in Bangor (Friday yay!) We have no craft store up here! Great idea!

Keep up the great posts! I'll be reading! popcorn::

I loved that frame. I bought one thinking it was a lot bigger & when it came it was tiny so now I am going to order one of these!

TinkAsh2001
08-29-2008, 10:28 PM
So I know it is early & we still have a while until I can book ADR's but I have been looking at some of the places we would like to go! Tell me what you think & maybe some of your favorites. Keep in mind DFI is a meat & potato guy. I like bread & veggies.
We are only doing 1 each park except for the park we choose to have 2 days in. Tell me which you would choose for each park & add pictures if you have any!!
Magic Kingdom:
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Plaza

Epcot:

We defintley want Coral Reef

Hollywood Studios:
50's Prime Time
Sci- Fi

Animal Kingdom:

Donald's Breakfast

DTD:
We want to try the new T-Rex

Tell me what you think!
Also, does anyone know about how far in advance they release the park hours?! I am wanting to coordinate my ADR's with the EMH for the parks each day. We are not doing park hoppers.
Also, if you can do 1 park 2 days which would you choose?!

DecemberBride
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
I would definitely do Magic Kingdom for two days... that's because it's my fav park!

I'm doing CRT for Magic Kingdom and Crystal Palace for lunch. I would choose Sci fi for HS, just because the atmosphere is so great! The T-rex place looks awesome! You should definitely try it out and give us all a review!

Everything else looks great!

lmillercrew
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
I would do MK for 2 days also. There is SO much to do and see in that park. I've done CRT and did not enjoy it, IMO. DH and I went to LTT last year for lunch and loved it. I got some creamy tomato pasta dish that was delish! We also had an orange frozen slushie thing? It was fabulous! I like the CP too. They had a really good buffet. 50's Prime Time Cafe is a good choice at DHS. Haven't eaten at Sci-fi so can't offer an opinion on that.

bridetobe789
08-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey I just caught up on your pj! Congrats and I love your ideas so far! can't wait to hear more! Also- I agree MK for two days there is so much to do there!

padisneyfour
08-30-2008, 10:44 AM
just wanted to say welcome and congrats you plan sound wonderful- your colors are pretty! looking forward to hearing more of your plans. I would def plan two days for MK too!:goodvibes

Mama of Indybride
08-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Welcome!

I'm glad I found your PJ!

I was a military brat, my Dad retired Army.

Pass our thanks on to your DF and his friends!

Definitely MK for two days! Take your time and soak it all in!

My first time I rushed and rushed, I want to go slow and see everything next time back!

adisneygal
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Your plans sound great! I am having pink and brown for my colors as well. Great choice..:thumbsup2

camara381
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM
i just found your PJ! :surfweb: Everything sounds great, can't wait to see it all come together! The dress looks great, and I love the signature mat.

MegKate
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
So I know it is early & we still have a while until I can book ADR's but I have been looking at some of the places we would like to go! Tell me what you think & maybe some of your favorites. Keep in mind DFI is a meat & potato guy. I like bread & veggies.
We are only doing 1 each park except for the park we choose to have 2 days in. Tell me which you would choose for each park & add pictures if you have any!!
Magic Kingdom:
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Plaza

Epcot:

Hollywood Studios:
50's Prime Time
Sci- Fi

Animal Kingdom:

Donald's Breakfast

DTD:

Tell me what you think!
Also, does anyone know about how far in advance they release the park hours?! I am wanting to coordinate my ADR's with the EMH for the parks each day. We are not doing park hoppers.

I'm an Epcot geek, so I would pick there as my two day place.

One place that I think you would like at Epcot, since he's a meat and potatoes type of guy is the Rose and Crown Pub in England. Literally - you can get bangers and mash (meat and potatoes!). One of my favorite Disney eating places, you can get a table right on the water.

My favorite lunch place is San Angel Inn in Mexico - but that's because I'm a mexican food fan.

And of course - Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm taking the women of my family there (including FG, and Jr.B) for dinner and then shopping around for my bachlorette party. I'm not a drinker/partier, so it makes sense for us. I love the RFC food - Rasta Pasta is a fav with Rainforest Pitas for an app and Sheba's Jungle Juice as a drink. Oh I'm getting hungry:faint:

TinkAsh2001
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm an Epcot geek, so I would pick there as my two day place.

One place that I think you would like at Epcot, since he's a meat and potatoes type of guy is the Rose and Crown Pub in England. Literally - you can get bangers and mash (meat and potatoes!). One of my favorite Disney eating places, you can get a table right on the water.

My favorite lunch place is San Angel Inn in Mexico - but that's because I'm a mexican food fan.

And of course - Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm taking the women of my family there (including FG, and Jr.B) for dinner and then shopping around for my bachlorette party. I'm not a drinker/partier, so it makes sense for us. I love the RFC food - Rasta Pasta is a fav with Rainforest Pitas for an app and Sheba's Jungle Juice as a drink. Oh I'm getting hungry:faint:
Since DFI wants to get something from all the different countries we were thinking of doing this 2 days but then I would rather go to Magic cause its my favorite! He said its up to me so we shall see!! LOL!
i just found your PJ! :surfweb: Everything sounds great, can't wait to see it all come together! The dress looks great, and I love the signature mat.
Thanks so much! We wanted something different besides the book we would never look at so we liked the frame!
Your plans sound great! I am having pink and brown for my colors as well. Great choice..:thumbsup2
I love pink & brown..Its a very popular color combi & brown is the NEW wedding color! I love it!
Welcome!

I'm glad I found your PJ!

I was a military brat, my Dad retired Army.

Pass our thanks on to your DF and his friends!

Definitely MK for two days! Take your time and soak it all in!

My first time I rushed and rushed, I want to go slow and see everything next time back!

Thanks for joining my journal!! Tell your dad thank you! Veterans are amazing! I am thinking MK for day 2 also!!!

TinkAsh2001
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Well, I made the appointment to get our engagment pictures made on Sept. 11!!! I am excited! DFI will be wearing his acu uniform! Incase you are clueless here is a picture:
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp152/ajpeters12/acu1.jpg
So I bought a cute dress shirt that is black & has white polka dots and I was going to wear some black pants. Will that be to dressy? Should I just wear kakhis & a shirt?!
Also, we registered for the Disney's Honeymoon Registry. My mom said that was dumb because no one would get us anything off of it. I know my family wont but I thought maybe a friend or something would! Who knows! We will see!
Well, Thats all for now let me know your opinions on the outfit!

mrsksomeday
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello again. I would pick Epcot, because I love the World Showcase, but I understand picking MK too. I love the ideas of the pictures on the bouquet, that is a great idea!

MegKate
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Since DFI wants to get something from all the different countries we were thinking of doing this 2 days but then I would rather go to Magic cause its my favorite! He said its up to me so we shall see!! LOL!

What is your (and your DF's) favorite ride? My DF loves Test Track, but I'm a Space Mountain person. I could do the two days in MK as well. Either way you're in WDW with your (at the time) DH - so it's all good!! princess:

TinkAsh2001
09-01-2008, 10:03 PM
What is your (and your DF's) favorite ride? My DF loves Test Track, but I'm a Space Mountain person. I could do the two days in MK as well. Either way you're in WDW with your (at the time) DH - so it's all good!! princess:

DFI has never been to Disney this will be his first trip! He already knows he will love it! As for me I LOVE disney but I am also a chicken when it comes to rides. My favorite is proubally Soarin'!

MegKate
09-01-2008, 10:15 PM
DFI has never been to Disney this will be his first trip! He already knows he will love it! As for me I LOVE disney but I am also a chicken when it comes to rides. My favorite is proubally Soarin'!

That's totally cool that his first time in WDW will be with you! :goodvibes That's really special.

PS - Soarin is awesome!!

TinkAsh2001
09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey guys! Since I am at home bored I decided to add more to my PJ!!!! I wanted to share some of the things we have bought for the honeymoon!! I know kinda early but they were SUPER cheap & I am just sooooo excited!!!!:cool1:(P.S. I am sorry if the pictures are way to big!)
Here is my disney shopping goodies!!! I got 1 bathing suit for 7.99 & the other for 9.99. I got Clint's Mickey Shirt for 5.99 & My Enchanted Shirt for 4.99. I couldn't pass up the bargins!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping005.jpg
Here is our Kentucky Shirts!!! Gotta show love to back home!!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping006.jpg
We bought NEW luggage! Since neither of us had our own we bought some!!! It was also on sale for 34.00!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping003.jpg
Our luggage wasnt complete until Clint bought us these cute luggage tags:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping012.jpg
I also found a GREAT deal on this cute bathing suit cover up so I had to have it:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping007.jpg
Well, I also have bought things to try my first attempt at making our shirts with iron-on transfers! I will let you know how it turns out!!!
I hope someone is still out there listening & I am not typing to myself..LOL!

kykatt2
09-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Magic Kingdom:
CRT
Tony's Town Square
Plaza

Epcot:

Hollywood Studios:
50's Prime Time
Sci- Fi

Animal Kingdom:

Donald's Breakfast

DTD:

Tell me what you think!

Ash... Do MK two days.. You know you will Regret it if you do not. AFTER ALL IT's the "MAGIC Kingdom" .
No Honeymoon pictures with the Characters ??:confused3 Whilst Diniing ??
Come one Girl.. It's your Honeymoon.. Choose a Buffet with Characters and Clint can have all the Meat and Potato's he can STAND.. Or you could try the "Cape May Buffet" if the two of you REALLY LOVE SEAFOOD.

kykatt2
09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey guys! Since I am at home bored I decided to add more to my PJ!!!! I wanted to share some of the things we have bought for the honeymoon!! I know kinda early but they were SUPER cheap & I am just sooooo excited!!!!:cool1:(P.S. I am sorry if the pictures are way to big!)
Here is my disney shopping goodies!!! I got 1 bathing suit for 7.99 & the other for 9.99. I got Clint's Mickey Shirt for 5.99 & My Enchanted Shirt for 4.99. I couldn't pass up the bargins!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping005.jpg
Here is our Kentucky Shirts!!! Gotta show love to back home!!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping006.jpg
We bought NEW luggage! Since neither of us had our own we bought some!!! It was also on sale for 34.00!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping003.jpg
Our luggage wasnt complete until Clint bought us these cute luggage tags:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping012.jpg
I also found a GREAT deal on this cute bathing suit cover up so I had to have it:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping007.jpg
Well, I also have bought things to try my first attempt at making our shirts with iron-on transfers! I will let you know how it turns out!!!
I hope someone is still out there listening & I am not typing to myself..LOL!

LOVE ME some Kentucky Stuff Go Cats !!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm Listening... So your making some "matching" kind of shirts...??
How about Tie-dyeing a pair and putting one of your transfers on it . and If you are VERY CAREFUL you can leave a section WHITE.. for your transfer.

TinkAsh2001
09-05-2008, 08:38 PM
P.S. How do I change the title of my trip report to include updates!?

camara381
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey there I love the shirts you bought, you managed to get some great deals!!!
To change your title go edit your first post, then click go advanced and change the title :)

TinkAsh2001
09-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey there I love the shirts you bought, you managed to get some great deals!!!
To change your title go edit your first post, then click go advanced and change the title :)

Thank you so much!

lmillercrew
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I SO wanted that peach Mickey tankini. I went online and almost ordered it, but my DD needed cheer shoes and you know, well you don't yet, but the kids get before the mom.:sad1: Love the cover up too!!

TinkAsh2001
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I SO wanted that peach Mickey tankini. I went online and almost ordered it, but my DD needed cheer shoes and you know, well you don't yet, but the kids get before the mom.:sad1: Love the cover up too!!

Thanks so much! I am sure I will learn all about the kids thing!!! It was such a great deal I couldnt pass it up plus Eeyore is my fav so I had to order it too!!!

mrsksomeday
09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I love all the stuff you got!! Great bargains. The luggage tags are adorable. The pics are not too big.

TinkAsh2001
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
:banana: I am sooooo excited!I have to share! I had my first ever try at making shirts with the iron on transfers & they turned out GREAT!!! I had always looked at everyone elses and loved them so I decided to give it a try! Thanks to Tracie (off of POP Thread) and to Lisabell for there awesome DISgins!!!
Here are my stick people shirt ( i love this) Lisa's design:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping013.jpg
Here are the cute Mickey Heads Tracie made for me:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping014.jpg
Another pic of them:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/honeymoonshopping016.jpg
What do you think?!!!

Tracie
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
:banana: I am sooooo excited!I have to share! I had my first ever try at making shirts with the iron on transfers & they turned out GREAT!!! I had always looked at everyone elses and loved them so I decided to give it a try! Thanks to Tracie (off of POP Thread) and to Lisabell for there awesome DISgins!!!
Another pic of them:
What do you think?!!!

Your shirts look great! Glad I could help

Tracie

MegKate
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Another pic of them:
What do you think?!!!

I love them:lovestruc ! I want them:yay: ! Well not with Clint and Ashley on them - people would look at me more oddly than they do anyways:eek: !

Too cool!

IndyBride
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Those shirts came out so great!! You must be thrilled!

lmillercrew
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
They look great. Good job!!!:thumbsup2

TinkAsh2001
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I love them:lovestruc ! I want them:yay: ! Well not with Clint and Ashley on them - people would look at me more oddly than they do anyways:eek: !

Too cool!
LOL! Tracie posted just above you she made my mickey head design!! She does a GREAT job!
Those shirts came out so great!! You must be thrilled!
Thanks so much! I was so excited they came out so great for my first time!
They look great. Good job!!!:thumbsup2
Thank you so much!
Your shirts look great! Glad I could help

Tracie

Thank you so much! I just love your designs the other one I am going to print out & laminate and hang in our window at the resort!

lisabelll
09-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Ashley, those turned out GREAT!!! And I agree the Disneymoon one is just perfect!!!!

scottny
09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
they look great. :thumbsup2

jewjubean
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
ahh everything look's great! I attempted doing shirts for me! lets just say i will stick to buying things off of disneyshopping.com haha:D Cant wait to hear more

TinkAsh2001
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who has been keeping up!!! I will post an update soon!:cool1:

kykatt2
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM
EVERYTHING LOOKS AWESOME !!!!

I am soooo happy for both of you.

lucas
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Love your shirts! :thumbsup2

DisneyBrideToni
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi. I just read your PJ. Everything sounds great so far. I love your colors. Very pretty. Your shirts are so cute! Can't wait to read more.

TinkAsh2001
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I have so missed my trip report!!!! So I am back and I wanted to give everyone an update!!!
We have decided on what to do for our favors!!! We are doing a CANDY BUFFET!!!! No one around here has ever done one and I think it will be awesome. We are going to go with a pink, brown & white themed candy. I am getting the packages of the Pink breast cancer M&M's, peanut butter cups and kisses. I also am getting jordan almonds, taffy and we are still deciding on the others. We are currently buying our different size glass containers one peice at a time. I am soooo happy & excited about this!!!
Here are 2 pictures of a candy buffets so you get the idea of what I am talking about:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/CandyBuffet.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/erin-candy-buffet.jpg
Then we plan to get these:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/TO-P2SIL.jpg
to give our guest to put there candy in!!!
:cool1: We only have 249 days to go & I am so excited and cant wait for our disneymoon!!!!:cool1:

nickandlarisa
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I just found your PJ and caught up, everything looks great!!! We have a lot in common with our plans so I will definitely keep checking in. We are doing a candy buffet too. I think its such a fun idea!! I was able to find all of the jars one or two at a time at Homegoods and Marshalls, not sure if you have those in Kentucky, I'm in Maryland. I haven't ordered candy yet, but found some wholesale places online where you can shop by color! Good luck with everything!!

lucas
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Yum - candy buffet!! What a great idea! :lovestruc

TinkAsh2001
10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
I just found your PJ and caught up, everything looks great!!! We have a lot in common with our plans so I will definitely keep checking in. We are doing a candy buffet too. I think its such a fun idea!! I was able to find all of the jars one or two at a time at Homegoods and Marshalls, not sure if you have those in Kentucky, I'm in Maryland. I haven't ordered candy yet, but found some wholesale places online where you can shop by color! Good luck with everything!!

Yep if you havent checked out metrocandy. They are a lot cheaper than anyone else. Not sure about there shipping though. I am waiting until it gets a little colder then ordering so I dont have to worry about melting!!! I have been getting ours at hobby lobby and Michael's craft store! i will poist some pics of what I have so far soon!

xoktenox
10-02-2008, 08:16 PM
hey!! just joining in today, loving your PJ so far! You must be :cloud9: planning not only a wedding but a trip to WDW, I know I would be lol And your shirts are just so cute, especially the ones with the iron-ons, I love them! Can't wait to read more:)

adisneygal
10-02-2008, 09:52 PM
The candy buffet is ADORABLE! I would do it but I have 4 kids that would overdose on sugar cause I would be too distracted not to stop them. I could just see their Grandparents loading them up now.....:scared:

keenercam
10-03-2008, 05:02 AM
What a FUN idea! Everyone will love a candy buffet! :cloud9:

TinkAsh2001
10-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments on the candy buffet! I cant wait! I found the pink reese cups and pink york pattys!!

TinkAsh2001
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
We got our engagement pictures back so I wanted to share them!!! They were all taken by Tonya Hayes Photography in Kentucky! She does a GREAT job and is also doing our wedding pictures!!
I know they look kind of silly put I had to black out his last name on them for safety reasons for Opesc rules!!!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/5.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/7.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/122316994350397.gif
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/122316994350398.gif
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/122316994350396.gif
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/122316994350394.gif

xoktenox
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Awww the pictures came out great!! And I didn't say this is my last post but everyone else did, the candy bar is such a original and wonderful idea. I know if I was there I would gain at least 10 lbs from something like that though!:rotfl:

camara381
10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
AWWWWWWWW the pictures are so cute!! You guys look great!!!! The candy buffet looks scrumptious

IndyBride
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
The pictures look great! You must be so happy!!!! :cool1:

lmillercrew
10-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Great pictures! And I love the candy bar idea!

bridetobe789
10-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Great pictures !! I love the idea of the candy bar!

padisneyfour
10-05-2008, 06:48 AM
your pics are great! Formal like poses but you you look so relaxed and happy! congrats! I love the candy bar idea!:goodvibes

MegKate
10-05-2008, 11:08 PM
:lovestruc Completely love your engagement pictures! :lovestruc

lpizzuro123
10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Everything looks great so far. Your engagement pictures came out great. I really love your blouse. The candy buffet looks great and the colors you are using will look good together.

I really like the memorial picture frame you are using for your bouquet. Would you mind letting me know where you found it. I am looking to get one for my mom and I have not found anything I like.

Thanks,
Linda

keenercam
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Ashley, your pictures are wonderful!! The composite of the engagement ring is so cute & clever! :goodvibes

lucas
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Awwwwwwww! Your pictures are beautiful! :goodvibes

Princesskeyblade
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Finally got over here!! I am so happy for you and Clint!

Emilita44
10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Catching up on your planning journal... Your engagement pictures are great! Ya'll look sooo happy! Congrats!!

lucas
10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Haven't seen any updates lately. What's new? :confused3

TinkAsh2001
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for checking in. I am still around just planning has been slow. I have been busy with school & work. I will post an update soon of everything we have done!

TinkAsh2001
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I have missed you guys! I just wanted to post an update! So stay tuned!

TinkAsh2001
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I was thinking today we only have 216 days until the wedding. When I started counting down we have WELL over 300. WOW how the times flies! So girls that have a ways off it will FLY!!!
Well, I found a very awesome lady that makes garters online so I contacted her and asked her the price and she wrote back and told me she made them for military brides for FREE!!! I was in shock. I got them in the mail last week and I have to show them off. They are so pretty!
Here they are & the keepsake bag she made also:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/garter001.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/garter002.jpg
I had already bought an army one to toss since most of the guys will be from the army. So I am giving the toss one she made to my nephew he is 11 and he will love it!

The candy buffet plans are going GREAT! I believe I have picked out all the candy I want. I am having a big variety. A couple things I just got a few of though because I knew I had a bunch to choose from. I went to the after halloween sales for brown wrapped candy! All that I got says best by Oct 09- jan 2010. So they should be fine. I have them in the plastic storage containers in my closet so they wont melt or anything! My search now is for either favor boxes (take out containers) or the bags?! I am undecided on which I want. The take out containers will be cute but bags maybe easier?!
Anyways, the candy I have so far is:
*Hershey's Kisses (Pink) Plain & Peanut M&M's (Pink)
*York Peppermint Patties (Pink) Snickers (Brown)
Tootsie Rolls (Brown) Tootise Roll Pops (Mixed)
Dum Dum Pops for my lollie pop trees *Peanut Butter Cups (Pink)
Pixie Stixs (mixed) Hershey's (Brown)
The things with the stars next to them are the ones I only bought a few bags of.
I am also going to order the nepolitan salt water taffy that is pink, brown and white. Also going to use the chocolate skittles, pink gummy bears and white baseball gumballs (we got engaged before going to a baseball game).

I have to make an appointment to meet with the bakery for the cake. I really like this cake. I want the monogrammed "D" for the cake topper.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/9841ed29f6d59d8e29ba1ce9082f3e5b_pl.png

I also have to go to the florist about what I want. My mom works there part time so we get a great deal. Thankfully! I am wanting pink gerber dasiys and white roses for sure. I cant decide on what else but the girls will carry a single gerber dasiy with some kind of filler.
Idea for my bouquet:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/ash1569/Roses_Gerbera_Daisies_DIY_Pack_250.jpg

We have to make our ADR's soon! So I am going to try to work on that soon! With the holidays coming up work will be a lot busier & this school semester will be ending the first of december and CHRISTMAS shopping! I usually start at 3am on BLACK friday and stop at about 10 that night. I get 90% of my shopping done that day! Well, if anyone has an adr ideas I am open. I know someone suggested California Grill and I think we are going to try that and Coral Reef for sure!

lmillercrew
11-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Everything sounds great. I'm sure it will look fantastic!!

scottny
11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
it sounds good
:thumbsup2

TinkAsh2001
11-06-2008, 09:46 PM
IM SO EXCITED! I got an e-mail from my travel agent saying we qualify for the FREE nights package!! Plus we saved over 200 dollars!! YAY!!!

scottny
11-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Congrats to you. We are still trying to pick dates.

lucas
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
IM SO EXCITED! I got an e-mail from my travel agent saying we qualify for the FREE nights package!! Plus we saved over 200 dollars!! YAY!!!

Fantastic!

I saw this smilie and thought of you: http://th246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/witch-cruella/th_wdw_wedding_042806.jpg

lucas
06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Congrats! I see from your siggie, that you are back from your honeymoon!! :hug:

TinkAsh2001
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
yes we are and had a great time!!!!!!!!!

lucas
06-15-2009, 08:24 AM
yes we are and had a great time!!!!!!!!!

Great! Is there a trip report? :goodvibes

TinkAsh2001
06-26-2009, 05:00 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=32452548#post32452548
There is the link to the disneymoon trip report!! Follow along!

kykatt2
07-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Ashley

Sorry I have not been doing Dis in quite a while. LIFE and STUFF.

I have noted your Wedding stuff and plan to go and catch up... I TRULY am happy for you and Clint. Happy times and GOD's Richest Blessings on you both

Katt

I'm going to send you a PM