PDA

View Full Version : Things you miss at Disney that should be brought back

poohbearwithme
08-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I was wondering if any of you have a favorite ride or show that you think Disney should not have closed or taken down :sad: and that you feel should be brought back. One of my all time favorites that I miss is the Skyway from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UISN7xUngU). (Boy these things sure came in handy when you were tired from walking) I never did get to go the River Country but I wish I would have gotten to see it. What are some you miss???

specialkidsmom
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
cheaper tickets:rotfl2:

2goofycampers
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Hunchback show at MGM

poohbearwithme
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Okay, I will have to agree with that one. Also, do you remember when they did not ever expire and you could use the unused days at anytime. Now you have to pay for them not to expire. (and that is not a cheap opition.)

Gatordad
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM

you are my hero

g8trmom1
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
River Country

AuburnJen92
08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
sites that are affordable

YodaGirl
08-25-2008, 10:17 PM
You can keep the skyway! It stopped once on us for what seemed to be about 30 minutes (I was 7 or 8, so maybe the times aren't accurate :laughing: ). Anyway, my brother decided that it would be an awesome time to get the cart to swing back and forth. I thought for sure that we were going to fall! My goodness, I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about it! :scared1:

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. :(

Shan-man
08-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I used to love DreamFlight. I loved the forced perspective dioramas. It's kind of bittersweet now to ride Space Ranger Spin and go through the "jet engine" effect... it's nice that part of DreamFlight remains, but it reminds me that the best parts are on the scrap heap. But I really like Buzz so that makes it easier, unlike the lame Pooh area that replace 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA... scrapped for a little playground, seriously?! I really liked the skyway, too. But I understand why that had to go. I spent a couple of summers as a security guard at Six Flags and those buckets were a constant source of strife: spitting, dropping stuff, shouting improprieties, drugs, sex, you name it. That one ride occupied about 5 guards' time.

At Epcot, I still mourn the loss of both World of Motion and Horizons. If nothing else they should have kept the post-show area of WoM, it was way better than what they have at TestTrack. If they were going to replace pavilions with rides why wouldn't they start with Wonders of Life? Oh, and the EPCOT Outreach resource center with all their technology related handouts... I loved that place!

But those are gone forever. The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

Shan-man
08-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh, a couple more: I miss Country Bears sounding live (as opposed to the horribly worn soundtrack they have now) And I miss the film at France looking and sounding so vibrant that you felt you were there.

BigDaddyRog
08-25-2008, 11:14 PM
The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

Amen.

bradisgoofy
08-26-2008, 01:31 AM
The Imaginarium Studios at DHS where you could watch them drawing the next Disney animation. I remember when they were doing the Lion King.

BTW, the Skyway ride was closed due to the long que lines and the slow turn over in riders.

Born 2 Fish
08-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Every single thing that Disney has taken away from us over the years because they think that we AREN'T PAYING ENOUGH MONEY fast enough to keep the CEO and stockholders happy !!

So what are they gonna do when theres nothing more left to take ??

Sorry,,,,Happy thoughts,,Happy thoughts !

des1954
08-26-2008, 05:31 AM
Things I miss at FtW and should be brought back??

ME!!

Okay, okay....things I miss at Disney..... The original Journey into Imagination, the original Tiki Birds Show, and The Hunchback Show at MGM. I do NOT miss Captain E-O! Blech! I also miss the Lotus Blossom Special at the walk up restaurant in China. It was a stir fry beef & brocolli with fried rice and an egg roll. Very yummy! I miss the West End Stage at DTD.

snowgooseltd
08-26-2008, 05:36 AM
I so miss "Tapestry of Nations" in Epcot. The music was haunting. Thankfully we purchased a cd with the music on it so I can still envision it when I pop it into the car. A couple of years ago we took a backstage tour at Epcot and a CM told us that all the puppets were saved, in storage, and there was mention of bringing it back at some time. I certainly hope so.....
We also miss "Who wants to be a Millionaire" at MGM. That was a fun, interactive show. I got into the hot seat on three separate occassions over several years......got as high as the 125,000 question. I still have the hats, pins, lanyards and two shirts.

tellnotails
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
way to many things to list.........but what I miss most is the vision that the fort/wdw once had in the very start.........

AuburnJen92
08-26-2008, 06:28 AM
ok, i will be serious this time (although the first post was right on!)

Mr. Toad
20,000 Leagues
FW Train
Millionaire (I missed the million pt question in the soft opening and Chris has missed the million twice in regular play!)
All of the "little" things that CM's did because they wanted to be there and it was part of making your trip special. I miss that terribly.

ntsammy5
08-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Hunchback, the gondola ride in MK, 20,000 Leagues, Tapestry, River Country....

Also, a sense of innocence is missing - too many people feel entitled now - it's a different time - some of the magic is gone never to return

PolynesianPixie
08-26-2008, 07:20 AM
The sub from 20,000 leagues went to Paris.......

This is right outside Space Mountain 2

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/europe024-1.jpg

Gatordad
08-26-2008, 07:28 AM
http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/4ded8320.jpg

TxTink :)
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
At MK- Alien Encounters (now Stitch)--- we did that my first trip and it was gone the next time... Yes, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire too!

VACAMPER
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
the stitch ride is the dumbest ride at disney

BigDaddyRog
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Yea...gotta agree with that...Stitch is pretty lame

ntsammy5
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
It's worse than lame -- I can't think of a word I can use here that describes it :lmao:

Us3
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I guess it was better when the alien guts exploded all over you. :laughing:

2goofycampers
08-26-2008, 03:00 PM
lame-o

Donna
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
I used to love DreamFlight. I loved the forced perspective dioramas. It's kind of bittersweet now to ride Space Ranger Spin and go through the "jet engine" effect... it's nice that part of DreamFlight remains, but it reminds me that the best parts are on the scrap heap. But I really like Buzz so that makes it easier, unlike the lame Pooh area that replace 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA... scrapped for a little playground, seriously?! I really liked the skyway, too. But I understand why that had to go. I spent a couple of summers as a security guard at Six Flags and those buckets were a constant source of strife: spitting, dropping stuff, shouting improprieties, drugs, sex, you name it. That one ride occupied about 5 guards' time.

At Epcot, I still mourn the loss of both World of Motion and Horizons. If nothing else they should have kept the post-show area of WoM, it was way better than what they have at TestTrack. If they were going to replace pavilions with rides why wouldn't they start with Wonders of Life? Oh, and the EPCOT Outreach resource center with all their technology related handouts... I loved that place!

But those are gone forever. The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

i thought the sky way closed when the CM got killed on it. It closed right after that and never reopened. There never seemed to be a problem til that unfortunate incident.
I miss Horizons, the other "alley" on Main Street when the Barber Shop was there, even the tacky Mission to Mars, lol.

YodaGirl
08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
i thought the sky way closed when the CM got killed on it. It closed right after that and never reopened. There never seemed to be a problem til that unfortunate incident.

:eek:

I don't think I heard about that. What happened?!?

See. I knew there was a reason I didn't like it...:eek:

Donna
08-26-2008, 04:52 PM
:eek:

I don't think I heard about that. What happened?!?

See. I knew there was a reason I didn't like it...:eek:

before the park opened, a cm was working on the fantasyland end of the ride, on the platform. A cm on the tomorrowland side started the ride up unbeknownst to him that the CM was on the edge of the platform. Once it started up, the CM in fantasyland grabbed on to a car and held on as long as he could but lost his grip right as it approached dumbo. he died from head injuries. The ride never reopened.

LarryJ
08-26-2008, 05:07 PM
River Country
Discovery Island
Cranium Command
Skyway
An overgrown FW
FW Train (was gone before we first actually stayed at FW)
Mr. Toad
Someway to get directly to TTC from FW (we like to use the Monorail and Ferry) and actually liked when TTC was a hub since when the boys were younger we all had to take different transporation routes to see who got back to the trailer first. I understand what they have now may or may not be more efficient especially during high traffic times, but less during low crowd times.
Kitchen Caberat (SP?)
Making Memories

The day time show at EPCOT that had the fireworks, boats, and hang gliders pulled by boats

Dump Stitch and bring back something like Alien Encounters, even Mission to Mars was better than Stitch

Biggest thing that I loved being able to listen to all the traffic especially "Security" on my scanner that all changed after 2001 with Disney going digital.

Larry

terri01p
08-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I miss Dreamflight and Horizons I just loved these rides!

Shan-man
08-26-2008, 06:11 PM

I'm sure that was the proverbial straw, but I bet they had many (if not all) of the same problems Six Flags had with them. But yes, that accident was tragic.

I miss Horizons, the other "alley" on Main Street when the Barber Shop was there, even the tacky Mission to Mars, lol.

I miss Mission to Mars too. I almost put that, but my list was getting long. Another thing I miss are the shortcuts to the left of Spaceship Earth to UoE and the one through Communicore East to The Land/Living Seas. Now everybody has to go all the way to the hub to get anywhere! Lame!

stky6
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
got as high as the 125,000 question. I still have the hats, pins, lanyards and two shirts.

So what happened to the 125,000 :confused3

YodaGirl
08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
before the park opened, a cm was working on the fantasyland end of the ride, on the platform. A cm on the tomorrowland side started the ride up unbeknownst to him that the CM was on the edge of the platform. Once it started up, the CM in fantasyland grabbed on to a car and held on as long as he could but lost his grip right as it approached dumbo. he died from head injuries. The ride never reopened.

OMG! That's horrible!

snowgooseltd
08-27-2008, 04:19 AM
On the $125,000 question, it concerned something about runners. The only name I was familiar with was Frank Shorter but I had the "phone a-friend" option left and the guest that they questioned out on the street was unsure but gave a different answer. I went with my choice (Shorter) and was wrong. The phone a-friend was correct. Just goes to show.....shoulda trusted the stranger. I DO miss that attraction. It was a nice reprieve from walking and the heat on more than one occassion. Does anyone know what the plan is for that area? I'm hoping that they put a couple more attractions into MGM (Studios). We were not all that thrilled with the stunt car show and I haven't heard of anything else planned for some time.

Donna
08-27-2008, 04:49 AM
On the $125,000 question, it concerned something about runners. The only name I was familiar with was Frank Shorter but I had the "phone a-friend" option left and the guest that they questioned out on the street was unsure but gave a different answer. I went with my choice (Shorter) and was wrong. The phone a-friend was correct. Just goes to show.....shoulda trusted the stranger. I DO miss that attraction. It was a nice reprieve from walking and the heat on more than one occassion. Does anyone know what the plan is for that area? I'm hoping that they put a couple more attractions into MGM (Studios). We were not all that thrilled with the stunt car show and I haven't heard of anything else planned for some time.

Yep, that is where the new Toy Story Mania attraction is. It is way more popular than the millionaire one was; very different of course. It is now the PIXAR STUDIOS area and is really a great addition to the park.
Cool that you came so close to winning!

wdw4us2
08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
The attitude that Disney was trying to provide guests with a unique and memorable experience instead of trying to find new ways to get your money from your wallet into their hands.

As far as attractions go, I really miss the Penny Arcade on Main Street. It was always our first stop in the Magic Kingdom.

LONE-STAR
08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Every thing that has been mentioned I pretty much miss. But other things that I miss is the guy that used to sing at trails end, swimming at the beach, and the sail boats. Also the back lot tours when it was really a tour.

F4disneyfan
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Horizons I miss the smell of the ORANGES.

DaddyDon
08-29-2008, 04:10 AM
The one thing I miss that they could, should, and really must bring back are happy CM's who love their jobs and cherish the Disney legacy.

Another Amen from the Amen section.....

graciejane
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I miss Mr Toad and the ride in tomorrowland that I can't remember the name of but I can still sing the "If you had Wings" song. I miss River Country and the guy singing at Trails End while we were having pizza. I thought for sure he was singing "Brown eyed girl" just for my smitten 16 year old self...sigh...

LONE-STAR
08-29-2008, 11:31 PM
I miss Mr Toad and the ride in tomorrowland that I can't remember the name of but I can still sing the "If you had Wings" song. I miss River Country and the guy singing at Trails End while we were having pizza. I thought for sure he was singing "Brown eyed girl" just for my smitten 16 year old self...sigh...

I liked it when he would sing " I am my own grandpa " so funny:rotfl2:

Doggmeat
09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
ftw train
the trams
themed stores in parks and the fort
clean canals
river country
petting farm
length of stay cap-so you could just maybe get a site
lack of pet sites-no offense to pet owners-just dont like cleaning dog poop off a 4 year olds shoes-and running into them at the trading posts
some cg guests with manners-not the dis group-class acts from what ive seen
discovery island
original resorts left alone-not adding some god awful vc high rise
the chinese junk that use to be in the lake by contemporary
pool hopping-without the crying about it
kids being kids til the buses/trams quit running-without security giving them gruff
swimming in the lakes-before whatever ruined it
bout it for now:mad:

onehotdisneymama
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM

"If You Had Wings" is the name of the ride also. It was sponsored by Eastern Airlines. It closed in 1987 when Eastern pulled their sponsorship. Anyway........I miss "Horizons", "World of Motion", "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride", the biggest one our family misses is the origianal "Journey into Imagination".We loved "The Dreamfinder and Figment." I can hear it now......"one little spark......:rolleyes1

MickeyMomOfThree
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
OK, I know it is silly, but I loved Food rocks, I loved the song, "Veggie, Veggie Fruit, Fruit"--- I was so sad when it closed. I'd love to see it just once more...

Ctsplaysinrain
09-02-2008, 04:29 PM
I miss....
20,000 leagues
The Magic Shop on Main St
The Penny Arcade on Main St

Thumper_ehhhhh
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Well what i'm thinking that should be at Disney again is not a ride not a show and not food. It's us. I miss us not being at Disney lol.

onehotdisneymama
09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
That's right "Food Rocks" miss that one, too.:sad1:

Born 2 Fish
09-04-2008, 06:27 AM
In the first few years of the MK,,they had "Smoke Shop" where you could buy tobaccos, cigarettes, and such from all over the world,,at the time I smokes and thought this to be a unique shop.

They also had a perfume shop where they had hundreds of scents,,they would mix together scents to please each individual, record your perfume mixture so it would be on record and then you could reorder your signature perfume when you ran out.

Both of these shops only lasted a few years.

des1954
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I miss the Odessey Restaurant at Epcot. They used to have a stage that came up from underneath and always had a cute show. I have a few of the shows on VHS. I also miss all the musical entertainment they had stuck in off the way places at the MK. Before Cosmic Ray, they had live entertainment.

I also miss the free cheese sauce at Pecos Bills & the restaurant at the America Pavillion. Next....they'll take away the pickles!!! I LOVE the pickles!!

http://poopylickles.com/images/picklecp.gif

Momof626x3
09-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I miss the resort specific refillable mugs. I would have loved one from Ft. W....kicking myself for not getting one when we were there in '05.

I also miss Alien Encounter!!!

ntsammy5
09-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Before Cosmic Ray, they had live entertainment.

Ray is live

NOLA_Tink
09-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I miss the Can-Can show (Diamond Horseshoe Revue) at MK. We would eat lunch & enjoy the show in the middle of a hot day. Kids today don't even know the song. So sad!!!

Donna
09-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I miss the resort specific refillable mugs. I would have loved one from Ft. W....kicking myself for not getting one when we were there in '05.

I also miss Alien Encounter!!!

DITTO DITTO DITTO! every time i see someone using a fort mug, i am jealous, lol.

Born 2 Fish
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
At the very end of the Fantasmic show, at DHS, THE VERY LAST THING you see is the big WHITE and Black (mostly white) steam boat with ALL the characters on it comes thru the water and they are all waving at you.

Well it's not there anymore !! Disney cut that out too !!!

And I miss it.:guilty:

BRDof3
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
At the very end of the Fantasmic show, at DHS, THE VERY LAST THING you see is the big WHITE and Black (mostly white) steam boat with ALL the characters on it comes thru the water and they are all waving at you.

When did they cut it? We were there in April, and the boat was part of the show then.

Born 2 Fish
10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
We were there Sept 21,,no boat ! :guilty:

I think ole Bobby I. figured, "hey,I can put another thousand bucks a show in my pocket !"
I swear that I think he is going to dismantle Disney one bite at a time.

njcamper95
10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
all the previous mentoned are good but what i miss is being able to just pick a place to eat and they would seat you while you waited now if you don't have ressies you cant get anything but counter service like when you could just have fun and when you got hungry you would just fnd a place now you need to have a schedule for breakfast,lunch and dinner even during what was the slower months don't think there is any slower months nowand the days of even getting in trails end with out calling in advance for ressies is over:mad:

Louisianafive
10-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I miss the Can-Can show (Diamond Horseshoe Revue) at MK. We would eat lunch & enjoy the show in the middle of a hot day. Kids today don't even know the song. So sad!!!

I miss this too!!!

snowgooseltd
10-07-2008, 05:20 AM
You can blame the "free dining" packages for this. A CM told me that the reason that you have such a hard time even getting a reservation is because of this. Remember....nothing is free! especially at WDW. As much as we love the place, you would be foolish to think that you're getting "free" food. It's being paid for somewhere else within your package.

Donna
10-07-2008, 05:34 AM
You can blame the "free dining" packages for this. A CM told me that the reason that you have such a hard time even getting a reservation is because of this. Remember....nothing is free! especially at WDW. As much as we love the place, you would be foolish to think that you're getting "free" food. It's being paid for somewhere else within your package.

well, i think its just the dining plan, in general that makes it hard. No matter what time of year, free dining or not, it is hard to get what you want unless you call way ahead. apparently, making your own ADRs online is just around the corner. won't THAT be interesting! somehow, i see the server being down alot, lol.

Shan-man
10-07-2008, 06:32 AM
...apparently, making your own ADRs online is just around the corner. won't THAT be interesting! somehow, i see the server being down alot, lol.

Oh my! I do hope that if they do that, they implement measures to prevent double-booking, like require either a room reservation number or a CC deposit, and then allow only 1 booking every 4 hours (or whatever). If they did that, it would actually help the situation (markedly), free-dining or no.

2goofycampers
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I miss good food at all the WDW buffets.

Born 2 Fish
10-07-2008, 06:19 PM
The real "Pickle Barrel" at the fruit stand in Liberty Square.
They had a real pickle barrel and you would pick out the pickle you wanted,,man them was some huge, good pickles !:thumbsup2
Now they sell'em in a pre-packaged bag,,like the ones you can buy at any store.:guilty:

Born 2 Fish
10-27-2008, 06:51 AM
:goodvibes
Remember, AM Information Radio ?
If you were driving on WDW property you would see road signs informing you to tune your car AM radio dial to a certain station and you'd hear a continuously running loop of information about everything Walt Disney World has to offer, including park times and entertainment offerings.
This is something else Disney dropped in the 1090's.

Thats right, I want that back too !:thumbsup2

des1954
10-27-2008, 06:53 AM
:goodvibes
Remember, AM Information Radio ?
If you were driving on WDW property you would see road signs informing you to tune your car AM radio dial to a certain station and you'd hear a continuously running loop of information about everything Walt Disney World has to offer, including park times and entertainment offerings.
This is something else Disney dropped in the 1090's.

Thats right, I want that back too !:thumbsup2

I want the former music back on Carousel of Progress. Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life!!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

AuburnJen92
10-27-2008, 07:36 AM
I want the former music back on Carousel of Progress. Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life!!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Amen to both sista!

stacktester
10-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

If you want Mr Toads Wild Ride "sista" go to California lol.

We did the "Keys To The Kingdom" yesterday and the host said Disney may take out the COP. I know it seems so outdated but it's a tradition for us to go on our annual Thanksgiving trip and get the song stuck in our head then go back to the campground and loop around to see the decorations while singing it lol. Sounds dumb, but it is what it is. To me that would be like taking out Small World.

BigDaddyRog
10-27-2008, 11:06 AM
I agree...its corny, and goofy...and even the futuristic scene is dated and far from what actually IS present time....but that corner of the magic kingdom wouldnt be the same without it. Its a GREAT memory for us as well....not to mention a nice, cool resting spot when youre wearing thin from a hot day at a busy park.

DisneyBishops
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Bring the train back to the fort. We used to have so much fun just riding the train around the fort.

At MK bring the sky ride now that was fun and you could see all of the MK from there. At least I could but i am kinda tall.

Born 2 Fish
10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
If you want Mr Toads Wild Ride "sista" go to California lol.

We did the "Keys To The Kingdom" yesterday and the host said Disney may take out the COP. I know it seems so outdated but it's a tradition for us to go on our annual Thanksgiving trip and get the song stuck in our head then go back to the campground and loop around to see the decorations while singing it lol. Sounds dumb, but it is what it is. To me that would be like taking out Small World.

I agree...its corny, and goofy...and even the futuristic scene is dated and far from what actually IS present time....but that corner of the magic kingdom wouldnt be the same without it. Its a GREAT memory for us as well....not to mention a nice, cool resting spot when youre wearing thin from a hot day at a busy park.

I agree completely with ya'll ! For Disney to remove COP would be a absolute travesty !
Even tho the ride is only open at certain times (of which I dont know) , but this ride has always been a main stay for me at the MK. Its one of the few literal places you can still visually see so much and many, of our lifes present, past, and our greatparents life, as lived at home, in one single place without going to a museum. I for one find it hard to remember many of these things, then when I'm on the COP it floods my mind with so many wonderful memories !

Okay,,I"m finished. Soap box gone.

Born 2 Fish
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
And I want the penny arcade back !!

2goofycampers
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM

If you guys ever need me to I can burn his soap box, just let me know. :lmao:

Born 2 Fish
10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
ALRIGHT,,Wheres my soap box ?? It was here the other day !!
Come on guys, this ain't funny !!:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Sue Mrosk
11-05-2008, 02:58 PM
the 25cent cup a coffee at the snack bar at the Trailside.........the fruit n veggie wagon that used to come by the site every day.........the tram.....much nicer than the buses!!!

clkelley
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree completely with ya'll ! For Disney to remove COP would be a absolute travesty !
Even tho the ride is only open at certain times (of which I dont know) , but this ride has always been a main stay for me at the MK. Its one of the few literal places you can still visually see so much and many, of our lifes present, past, and our greatparents life, as lived at home, in one single place without going to a museum. I for one find it hard to remember many of these things, then when I'm on the COP it floods my mind with so many wonderful memories !

I agree!!! DO NOT get rid of Carousel of Progress. That is SO WALT!!! I love it. I NEVER miss it. It is my all time favorite attraction at Walt Disney World!!!!!!

homebrew2
11-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree!!! DO NOT get rid of Carousel of Progress. That is SO WALT!!! I love it. I NEVER miss it. It is my all time favorite attraction at Walt Disney World!!!!!!

My grandkids would be devastated, as would I.

homebrew2
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
What I wish they'd bring back is General Admission :thumbsup2

Abagpiper5
11-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Disney's Fort Wilderness RailRoad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n633qZJJgJc

Born 2 Fish
11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Smaller crowds.
Oh wait, I think Disney is working on that now.(by making Disney unaffordable):lmao:

ntsammy5
11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
ME

I'm on my way tomorrow.

ftwildernessguy
11-06-2008, 10:47 AM
COP - outdated, antiquated and overrated. But a great place to take a nap. Maybe they could just get rid of the show and put in recliners in the theater, then just keep looping it around while guys like me got a nice snooze.

Donna
11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
COP - outdated, antiquated and overrated. But a great place to take a nap. Maybe they could just get rid of the show and put in recliners in the theater, then just keep looping it around while guys like me got a nice snooze.

But CLASSIC overrules all that! LONG LIVE COP!

ftwildernessguy
11-06-2008, 11:03 AM
But CLASSIC overrules all that! LONG LIVE COP!

classic attraction = outdated attraction. Bulldoze and make room for the new. Maybe a nice High School Musical themed attraction, with some cutouts of lockers and a food venue that looks like a school cafeteria complete with overweight lunch ladies in hair nets and hairy arms and sweaty armpits scooping the gruel up and plopping it on one of those compartmentalized trays.

Donna
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
classic attraction = outdated attraction. Bulldoze and make room for the new. Maybe a nice High School Musical themed attraction, with some cutouts of lockers and a food venue that looks like a school cafeteria complete with overweight lunch ladies in hair nets and hairy arms and sweaty armpits scooping the gruel up and plopping it on one of those compartmentalized trays.

well it IS outdated but thats how you look back in to the past, makes it all the more IN THE PAST, lol.

LOL, if they ever put in that attraction you mentioned above over a bull dozed COP....well, they will have to move me first cause i'm gonna tie myself to the COP sign, lol, in protest.
didn't you mean sweaty and hairy arms AND hairy armpits, lol.:scared1:

DisneyBishops
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Bring back the fort wilderness Rail road

Born 2 Fish
11-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Free cookies and milk for everyone !

Okay, so they never did that,,still a good idea.:thumbsup2

SCCamper
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I miss the FW Railroad, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Gatordad
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM

I agree, naptime for bonzo.

AuburnJen92
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I miss the FW Railroad, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

I agree. Those are my three favorite things.

Shan-man
11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry, but Mr Toad's was L_A_M_E! The head-on with the train was the only remotely interesting part, and that certainly wasn't enough to justify it's existence. Not that Winnie the Pooh is much better... a stiff, flat pop-up book? Seriously? Yanking 20000 Leagues to put in Pooh's play area, now that was a crime! Not that 20000 wasn't lame in it's own way, but it could have been plused. And what's with the trend of Pooh slaying classic attractions?!

AuburnJen92
11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry, but Mr Toad's was L_A_M_E! The head-on with the train was the only remotely interesting part, and that certainly wasn't enough to justify it's existence. Not that Winnie the Pooh is much better... a stiff, flat pop-up book? Seriously? Yanking 20000 Leagues to put in Pooh's play area, now that was a crime! Not that 20000 wasn't lame in it's own way, but it could have been plused. And what's with the trend of Pooh slaying classic attractions?!

Toad was a dream for every pre-driver that wanted to be in the driver's seat and be a hellion. I can't explain why pooh has slain all the classic attractions. If I must ride pooh, I close my eyes and pretend I am on toad. I also pretend I am 10 again, but isn't that the point?;)

des1954
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
The first time I went on 20,000 was on the first date my now DH & I went on. He loved that attraction & I LMAO the entire time we were on the ride because it was so L-A-M-E!!! My laughing almost negated a second date!

The one thing about that attraction that still sticks out in my mind was the fake diver. It reminded me of an equally stupid and lame Canadian kid's show of the 1960's ----Diver Dan. The show featured a plastic diver - the kind you fill with baking soda and vinegar - and they actually made a TV show based on this 1" plastic dude.

homebrew2
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Shan-Man & Ft Wilderness Guy=Ebenezer Scrooge.:rolleyes1

Born 2 Fish
11-12-2008, 05:46 AM
The appetizer and tip included in the Dine Plan !:sad2:

ftwildernessguy
11-12-2008, 06:46 AM
The first time I went on 20,000 was on the first date my now DH & I went on. He loved that attraction & I LMAO the entire time we were on the ride because it was so L-A-M-E!!! My laughing almost negated a second date!

The one thing about that attraction that still sticks out in my mind was the fake diver. It reminded me of an equally stupid and lame Canadian kid's show of the 1960's ----Diver Dan. The show featured a plastic diver - the kind you fill with baking soda and vinegar - and they actually made a TV show based on this 1" plastic dude.

I loved that show, Diver Dan. There used to be these really crappy puppet fish. I remember the barracuda fish the most. http://www.rogersbasement.com/DiverDan.htm

20,000 leagues - no loss. Those subs STUNK!!!!! A combination of just plain dirt and b.o. Get stuck in there with a bunch of guests overdue for showers on a hot day, and you couldn't wait for the ride to be over. And the queue was a throwback to every bad carnival I ever went to as a kid - just a line in the sun. An embarrassment to Disney imagineering.

ntsammy5
11-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Jim, you sure itr was the subs that stunk and not you? I always thought it was me.

I might never stay any place other than AFVC - I timed the trip back from Epcot last night - 18 minute from when we went through the turnstiles (might have been speeding) and from the Christmas Party the other night it was 32 minutes and we missed a monorail and a tram. There's a ton of space and it's comfortable. The only thing I object to is the 20 year olds swimming topless! :lmao:

ftwildernessguy
11-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Al - don't you have anything better to do in Orlando than write on this board? I am talking to the wife about maybe trying out the AFVC this winter sometime. Where is your condo in relation to the Big Giant Orange?

jennypenny
11-12-2008, 07:41 AM
I miss the top of the world restaurant at the comtemporary. They had a terrific Sunday Brunch--no characters, no calling 18 months ahead for a reservation--just a nice meal and you could go outside and look at the MK.

I miss Mission to Mars. And I never thought I'd miss alien encounter but stitch YUCH!

I miss the Jungle Cruise. I know it's still there, but the story is so PC that the ride is almost a parody of itself now.

And I really miss the tram back to the beach club after drinking my way around the world at epcot. (BC is our other home-away-from-home after the fort)

ntsammy5
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
It's right across the street from the Orange behind Cracker Barrel. My wife is a late sleeper so I went to the hot tub and now waiting for her so we can go to Universal. This place is very quiet and last night I saw security go through about 4 times in 30 minutes. The rooms here are all refurbished. I'll post some pictures and give a better report when I get back. It's the Wyndham Cypress Palms if you want to look it up.

des1954
11-13-2008, 05:19 AM
I loved that show, Diver Dan.
After looking at the link...the one you're remembering is very different from the CBC show. The "original" had plastic action figures (think army men). It was more of a slide show with voice over than a film. The only "life action" was when Diver Dan descended or surfaced. Even as a 6-8 year old kid I thought it was stupid. But I remember having to get the cereal that had the submarine in it that you filled with baking soda & IIRC vinegar to make it dive and resurface in the kitchen sink. That was good for about 30 seconds of entertainment!:rotfl2:

RFrank9504
11-25-2008, 09:51 AM
This is great...I miss the glittery magic wand/hand over Spaceship Earth. It looks so sad and empty now.:rolleyes1

RFrank9504
11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
The appetizer and tip included in the Dine Plan !:sad2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tent Camping Mom
11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I miss the Mile Long Bar in Magic Kingdom. I don't know when they got rid of it but I remember it back in 1978. I sat at that bar for a long time flirting with the handsome "bartender." I was a 15 year old and I still remember ordering that Pepsi on the rocks...yep, they sold Pepsi products back then.

bwvBound
11-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Adventure through Inner Space (http://www.yesterland.com/innersp.html) at Disneyland, a "C" ticket ride.

AuburnJen92
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
This is great...I miss the glittery magic wand/hand over Spaceship Earth. It looks so sad and empty now.:rolleyes1

Are you the only one? I hope so!:lmao:

I miss when I decided how much to tip the wait staff when using the Disney Dining Experience!

Born 2 Fish
11-25-2008, 05:22 PM
I miss the Mile Long Bar in Magic Kingdom. I don't know when they got rid of it but I remember it back in 1978. I sat at that bar for a long time flirting with the handsome "bartender." I was a 15 year old and I still remember ordering that Pepsi on the rocks...yep, they sold Pepsi products back then.

They got rid of it because, dips like myself, were constantly walking INTO IT !!
Yeah thats right ,,I walked into it.:confused3

Donna
11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
i miss the commodore house at OKW and DVC only being 5,000 members (now over 300,000). :sad2:

Shan-man
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM

I am so DELIGHTED they finally removed the atrocity! Now if we could just blast out those blights of tombstones from in front of SE (i.e. Leave a Legacy) and bring back the beautiful acrylic fountain. The space in front of SE is crucial to give it drama... littering the foreground takes the all the drama away! Maybe they could move the Leave a Legacy tombstones to the bottom of World Showcase lagoon and make the Friendship Launches into glass-bottomed boats for those who care to see them!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Born 2 Fish
11-26-2008, 04:48 AM
I miss being younger at WDW. :thumbsup2
A few less aches and pains would be cool .

des1954
11-26-2008, 04:53 AM
What Shan said & what Frank said!:thumbsup2

des1954
11-26-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm not going to renew my DDE this year, but I won't miss it. Too little bang left for the bucks on this program.

bigdisneydaddy
11-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I miss ME being at WDW.
I am very homesick right now......:sick:

Born 2 Fish
12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Walt Disney, the man who started it all.
Here's a cool story I found on Disney Insider.

Walt Disney Sighting
by Jill, 57, San Jose, CA

It was the summer of 1956. Disneyland had only been open for a year. I was six years old. We were an average American family of five, but a trip to Disneyland was very special indeed.

My dad loved to document our family events so he purchased an 8mm movie camera on which to capture our family adventures. Of course this was before cameras had sound capability, therefore our father directed me and my older sister and brother to be very animated while he shot the footage. Now in those days, attending special events called for dressing in our Sunday best. My sister and I often were dressed alike and this was no exception. We were in matching frilly dresses, white patent leather shoes, and matching white purses. My brother was equally outfitted in his smart dress jacket and slacks. As my father was filming us waving to the camera in all our fancy regalia and happiest of faces, there he was--WALT DISNEY! Just as he often did in those early years, he was strolling the streets, greeting fans and observing Park visitors enjoying his Disneyland. My father was so excited and surprised by this Walt Disney sighting that he stopped filming, but not before Walt Disney was caught ever so briefly on our family film, our first visit to Disneyland!

We take great joy in viewing our family life preserved for us by our father and, in a small way, we feel as though Walt Disney became an honorary member of our family not only because he is among us on our family movies, but also because Disneyland has remained a favorite family destination. Though I have moved from Southern California to San Jose, my husband and I made certain we took our daughters to Disneyland and even once to Disney World. When my husband and I became grandparents, we began a new tradition: Each time a grandchild has his/her third birthday we take the family to Disneyland to celebrate. In February of 2007 we will be making our fifth trip for this special occasion. Happy Birthday Cameron! Here we come, Disneyland!

It's a shame the big guys don't care enough to walk the streets of Disney today to talk to the people.

Shan-man
12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
It's a shame the big guys don't care enough to walk the streets of Disney today to talk to the people.

Bobby would get his lights punched out by anyone who knew him and loved the World!

AuburnJen92
12-18-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm not going to renew my DDE this year, but I won't miss it. Too little bang left for the bucks on this program.

you are not the only one...

clkelley
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
you are not the only one...

We really enjoy our "Tables in Wonderland" or DDE. We usually have a sit down most every day, and it really saves us a bundle. With the automatic tip it saves us even more, cause I used to give them the discount back and round up to the next dollar, so now they just get their straight 18%.

AuburnJen92
12-19-2008, 10:16 AM
We really enjoy our "Tables in Wonderland" or DDE. We usually have a sit down most every day, and it really saves us a bundle. With the automatic tip it saves us even more, cause I used to give them the discount back and round up to the next dollar, so now they just get their straight 18%.

with the dining plans, it is so hard to get into the places we want to go, so i just don't know if it is worth it for us...

Born 2 Fish
12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Norway’s Viking Ship is Gone

Sad news. The Viking ship at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot has been removed.

This ship was originally built as a children’s play area, but a couple of years ago it was deemed too dangerous for the little ones. This month it was removed completely.

I wish Disney had kept it. It was nice to look at even if guests were no longer welcome aboard.

Just the thought of it and I already miss it .

ntsammy5
12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
That stinks...... I think Disney is slowly losing the magic touch.

Born 2 Fish
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
That stinks...... I think Disney is slowly losing the magic touch.

I'm tell'n ya,,it's Bobby I.,,,
one bite at a time .

ftwildernessguy
12-20-2008, 01:34 PM

This ship was originally built as a children’s play area, but a couple of years ago it was deemed too dangerous for the little ones. This month it was removed completely.

I wish Disney had kept it. It was nice to look at even if guests were no longer welcome aboard.

Disney will be placing a character meet and greet with a souvenier shop in it's place.

ftwildernessguy
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm tell'n ya,,it's Bobby I.,,,
one bite at a time .

I'm telling Bobby what you said when he comes over to the house tonight.

2goofycampers
12-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Serving halupki ?

Tigger1966
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
So they take away something really cool even if the kids couldn't play on it and replace it with another way to seperate you from your money. As if they didn't have any shops in the area.
After they closed the ship as a play area I walked around it several times with a confused look before a CM ask if they could help me. That's when I ask how do you get on the ship I know I have been on this before then I got the story about it being closed.

AuburnJen92
12-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I would like them to bring back merchandise that I would really like to BUY in the merchandise shops for kids. It gets worse each year.

bama_ed
12-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Didn't you reduce Bobby I. to a bundle of tears last time when he was "over at <your> house tonight" :scared:

The poor man probably needs treatment....

Or a psychiatrist.......

Or a good bizness plan for loyal customers... :sad2:

Bama ED

Shan-man
12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I miss quality shirts that were still a 3x after a wash, rather than changing to a Med magically! Or, how about stuff that was only available from the park you were in. Or even shopping bags that were park-specific... I still have bags that say EPCOT Center on them. I miss that stuff!

pixiesilk
12-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I miss quality shirts that were still a 3x after a wash, rather than changing to a Med magically! Or, how about stuff that was only available from the park you were in. Or even shopping bags that were park-specific... I still have bags that say EPCOT Center on them. I miss that stuff!

I miss the park specific and resort specific merchandise as well!

My other things I miss:
The original Journey Into Imagination
Horizons and World of Motion
The little store in the Land next to Kitchen Cabaret that had all the garden stuff.

I'm sure there is much much more!

Born 2 Fish
12-23-2008, 05:37 AM
I miss napkins that were restaurant specific at all the different resorts and some parks.

ntsammy5
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I miss napkins that were restaurant specific at all the different resorts and some parks.

We used to bring them back as souvenirs!

Tigger1966
12-23-2008, 07:11 AM
It seems like everything is generic any more and most of it is just cheap junk. I miss looking forward to giong to the parks to get things you couldn't get anywhere else. Even the stuff in World Showcase isn't as cool as it used to be.
Bring Back The Cool Disney Stuff

stacktester
12-23-2008, 07:42 AM
It seems like everything is generic any more and most of it is just cheap junk. I miss looking forward to giong to the parks to get things you couldn't get anywhere else. Even the stuff in World Showcase isn't as cool as it used to be.

It's all made in China!!!!! No wonder we don't have any jobs here. They're all in China. I don't buy Disney Souvies just for this reason and neither should anyone else.

Tigger1966
12-23-2008, 07:50 AM
I understand that Disney promotes itself as a world company but your right the stuff is China junk. With the price you have to pay for it they could get a bit more creative and a lot higher quality. It's sad that you can but the same product at Walmart for half the price.
What happened to the originality of Disney World?
It isn't limited to Disney remember the fun when traveling you would look for unique souveniers to take home. Now it's all the same crap.

ntsammy5
12-23-2008, 07:53 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head here. WDW is not as unique as it once was. That's where the magic has gone!

Tigger1966
12-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Your right I want the magic back.

AuburnJen92
12-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head here. WDW is not as unique as it once was. That's where the magic has gone!

I remember that they used to promote local type (like the state and the south) vendors to make the merchandise and novelties (like the cakes you could order) and it made the park so region specific. Y'all are right though, sometimes I just feel like I am going to China instead.:confused3

Tigger1966
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't believe most of the pepole who go to Disney today know what the magic realy is they just want bigger and better. Not that I don't enjoy the rides and so far they have kept them very theem orented ( no giant steel coaster to litter the view). But my question is how many people can visit any of the parks ans just walk around all day and enjoy the magic?
It's still a magical place but I can see it slipping more into Commercialism every time I visit.
Does anyone remember the hat vendor in Adventure Land? After my second trip I wanted one of thoes hats so I saved th get one on my next trip several years later but it was gone.

Born 2 Fish
12-30-2008, 06:00 AM
:thumbsup2

Found this,,thought it was cool.

Welcome to Disney the happiest place on Earth.
A place we all wish to go since the day of our birth
There’s so much to do and so much to see
And fun for all kids from ages one to ninety-three
From Main Street to the castle oh what fun.
Rides and splashing and fun in the sun
Mickey and Minnie and all their pals
Pooh and friends and the princess gals
Magic Mountain roller coaster and the famous Peter Pan
Tea Cups and Dumbo and the Pirates of the Caribbean
When the day grows long and the sky grows dark
We watch the fireworks before we leave the park
On one rail we venture out
Knowing all our dreams came true with out a doubt

:earsboy:

DisCamper
12-30-2008, 06:18 AM
I miss the old sky line when all you saw on your drive in was Spaceship Earth and Cinderella Castle

Tnbob
12-30-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't want to get negative here but I can go over the cliff very quickly but......What I miss is the customer service that used to be the highlight of Disney Resorts. Now they make you park far away from the resorts when you go for dinner or just to visit and as you get close all their close parking spots are reserved for their use only, talk about a customer service slap in the face. Its kinds like going to the grocery store and all the employees are parked up front and the shoppers are in the back of the parking lot. Thats just one thing that I miss, I am sure as I fume a little more I will jump back on with some more.:sad1:

Colson39
12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I miss going to Disney and not caring about what I miss :sad1: Just give me a trip around the world in Epcot, maybe a fireworks show in the Magic Kingdom, a couple drops down the Tower of Terror in MGM, and a ride around the Savana in Animal Kingdom, and I'm good to go. Oh, and maybe a couple drinks from the Outer Rim and Crockett's Tavern ;)

And I agree with Carol, DDE (or the stupidly named Tables in Wonderland) is still an absolutely great deal for us Floridians. I've saved so much money, I hope they NEVER get rid of it.

Donna
12-31-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't want to get negative here but I can go over the cliff very quickly but......What I miss is the customer service that used to be the highlight of Disney Resorts. Now they make you park far away from the resorts when you go for dinner or just to visit and as you get close all their close parking spots are reserved for their use only, talk about a customer service slap in the face. Its kinds like going to the grocery store and all the employees are parked up front and the shoppers are in the back of the parking lot. Thats just one thing that I miss, I am sure as I fume a little more I will jump back on with some more.:sad1:

i guess i'm not getting this one. you miss being able to park close? what does that have to do with guest service? disney resorts are very large and close spaces are reserved for handicapped and/or guests of that resort, as it should be. Go to OKW, parking is very close if you want to eat at Olivia's. Sure most of the deluxe resorts have parking further out, but there'd be alot more complaining if you were a guest at that resort and had no place to park because a guest of a restaurant was taking your space!
i've been going to disney a long time and honestly don't remember parking close if i weren't staying there already. maybe use valet?

truthfully, i like walking after eating those big meals. Especially at Trails End. We see everyone hopping on their carts after eating but i sure feel alot better walking back, as long as our loop is 300, lol.:laughing:

Tnbob
12-31-2008, 11:30 AM
i guess i'm not getting this one. you miss being able to park close? what does that have to do with guest service? disney resorts are very large and close spaces are reserved for handicapped and/or guests of that resort, as it should be. Go to OKW, parking is very close if you want to eat at Olivia's. Sure most of the deluxe resorts have parking further out, but there'd be alot more complaining if you were a guest at that resort and had no place to park because a guest of a restaurant was taking your space!
i've been going to disney a long time and honestly don't remember parking close if i weren't staying there already. maybe use valet?

truthfully, i like walking after eating those big meals. Especially at Trails End. We see everyone hopping on their carts after eating but i sure feel alot better walking back, as long as our loop is 300, lol.:laughing:

Yes, you missed the point

Born 2 Fish
01-03-2009, 06:03 AM
:wizard:
"If You Had Wings" - This ride was located in Tomorrowland and was sponsored by Eastern Airlines (now there's a blast from the past!). Even though it was free during the time tickets were required for the rides, it never seemed to have a line, so you could ride it over and over.

And the song was one that would stick in your head,

"If you had wings,
If you had wings,
if you had wings,
had wings,
had wings."

2goofycampers
01-03-2009, 08:29 AM
"If You Had Wings" - This ride was located in Tomorrowland and was sponsored by Eastern Airlines (now there's a blast from the past!). Even though it was free during the time tickets were required for the rides, it never seemed to have a line, so you could ride it over and over.

"If you had wings,
If you had wings,
if you had wings,
had wings,
had wings."

Sorry but I like Buzz much better and don't miss it.

Tigger1966
01-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I love the Buzz Lightyear ride.

Born 2 Fish
01-03-2009, 12:25 PM

"If you had wings,
If you had wings,
if you had wings,
had wings,
had wings."

But it was a GREAT ride when you had to buy a ticket for the rides,,CAUSE IT WAS FREE !
And had a catchy tune.:goodvibes

2goofycampers
01-03-2009, 01:25 PM
But it was a GREAT ride when you had to buy a ticket for the rides,,CAUSE IT WAS FREE !
And had a catchy tune.:goodvibes

Becareful, Jim is gonna say you're 80 years old.;)

Born 2 Fish
02-03-2009, 07:49 AM
The Disney Club !
Yup, want that back too !:thumbsup2

And the Disney Mag. !:thumbsup2

Brer Bear
02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Check out a pic from this thread on the reg camping board...there's the magic!
Makes me wish I had a daughter sometimes....Rog, can I borrow one and spoil her for a little while? My boys are getting too old and jaded...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2078444

http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/7420/2247230210102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

PolynesianPixie
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Makes me wish I had a daughter sometimes....Rog, can I borrow one and spoil her for a little while? My boys are getting too old and jaded...

Thats THE moment.

Born 2 Fish
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Colson39;29386707]I know I'm in the minority here, but I miss going to Disney and not caring about what I miss :sad1:
QUOTE]

Maybe it's just my moran thinking ,,but how the h*ll can you miss something you don't miss ????:confused3

keylime359
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I miss Host Chrissa- enough of Stacey already!

BigDaddyRog
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM

That IS a treasure of a memory...and girls sure make a Dad feel like he's a hero simply because he likes Disney World too.....I read that thread, and in the begining she mentioned that the daughter said something along the lines of "This is the best place in the world"....during our December 07 trip, my then 5 year old made an almost exact statement.."This is the most wonderful place to be...can we live here?" That gets a Dad right in the gut!!! There is not a better form of "Thanks Dad" than that. I love my girls.....they can be the biggest pains in the asterisk...but they always find little girly ways to make up for that.::yes::

Born 2 Fish
02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
pixiedust:
I can totally relate to how the children feel and make their parents feel when they say, .."This is the most wonderful place to be...can we live here?"
pixiedust:

I've said that a million times too !:tinker:

Tigger1966
02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Can I live there.
When I win the Lottery I am moving to Florida and going to Disney every day.

Born 2 Fish
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I call dibbs on Mickeys house in Toontown !

He don't use it, he's never there,, soooo, I may as well live there, right?

Tigger1966
02-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I want the castle

ftwildernessguy
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Can I live there.
When I win the Lottery I am moving to Florida and going to Disney every day.

When I win the lottery, I'm going to waste it all on 3000 pairs of pants.

ftwildernessguy
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM

"If you had wings,
If you had wings,
if you had wings,
had wings,
had wings."

I used to love the beginning where your ride vehicle went through the jet engine and it felt like you were turning upside down.

des1954
02-04-2009, 05:03 AM
I used to love the beginning where your ride vehicle went through the jet engine and it felt like you were turning upside down.

You mean.....no,,NO!! You WERE NOT turning upside down????

I liked Monsanto's Magic Carpet & the very very lame Trip to Mars as well. My favorite 3-D film was & will forever be "Magic Journey" by Kodak where Symph-ar-magic is now located.

DisneyDramaQueen
02-04-2009, 06:10 AM
I want the castle

I call dibbs on Mickeys house in Toontown !

He don't use it, he's never there,, soooo, I may as well live there, right?

You guys can have those. I want the future house in epcot!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
02-04-2009, 06:13 AM
You guys can have those. I want the future house in epcot!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Yeah, but does the Future house already have a fish mounted on the wall ?
I think not.:lmao:

DisneyDramaQueen
02-04-2009, 06:13 AM
My mom (polynesian pixie) wants the house above the fire station.

Tigger1966
02-04-2009, 06:17 AM
My wife doesn't understand how I could want to spend so much time at Disney. I tried to explain that you could spend a lot of time just people watching and relaxing it you had no time constraints. Like in the 2006 Disney VPG where the guy just goes around and checks out the benches.
Now that would be the life.

DisneyDramaQueen
02-04-2009, 06:19 AM
what's vpg?

Born 2 Fish
02-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Not that I want folk to start smoke'n,, but remember the dayz when when they use'ta have peeps walk around in the parks with little brooms and long handled dust pans sweeping up cigarette butts. (not to be confused with pork butts)

Tigger1966
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
VPG Vacation Planning Guide:thumbsup2

DisneyDramaQueen
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks!

Cindy F
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
That IS a treasure of a memory...and girls sure make a Dad feel like he's a hero simply because he likes Disney World too.....I read that thread, and in the begining she mentioned that the daughter said something along the lines of "This is the best place in the world"....during our December 07 trip, my then 5 year old made an almost exact statement.."This is the most wonderful place to be...can we live here?" That gets a Dad right in the gut!!! There is not a better form of "Thanks Dad" than that. I love my girls.....they can be the biggest pains in the asterisk...but they always find little girly ways to make up for that.::yes::

That is so sweet and loving Rog :flower3:

My girls haven't had any contact with their dad since 2000 and before that it was 1996. It breaks my heart when Little Bit asks about her dad. We rented that Disney movie College Road Trip and watched it in the camper this week. After she watched it she said "It would be easier if daddy were dead then he couldn't help not knowing me."

I just don't understand how he can not love them. :sad1:

DD 17
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/Family/JuliaGrad1.jpg

DD 13
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z101/CindyRN2/Family/Ballet1.jpg

What I miss most about Disney is how it felt when it was all new to us!

2goofycampers
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Your girls are certainly beautiful, it's most definitely his loss not seeing them grow into fine young women.

Tigger1966
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
My dad is also not around to enjoy his wonderfull grand children. He just went away for no reason about 10 years ago. We still see him drive around town sometimes. My daughter 19 has come to grips with it he is dead to her but my son 13 likes to run up and give him a hug when we run into him in public. The look in his eyes like who is this deranged child and why is he touching me is priceless. And Erik thinks it is funny.

Born 2 Fish
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM

My girls haven't had any contact with their dad since 2000 and before that it was 1996. It breaks my heart when Little Bit asks about her dad. We rented that Disney movie College Road Trip and watched it in the camper this week. After she watched it she said "It would be easier if daddy were dead then he couldn't help not knowing me."

DD 17

DD 13

Simply put,,Men can be such worthless human beings, selfish pigs, so to speak.

WAIT A MINUTE,,what am I saying ?!?!?!?! Naaahhhhh, thats pretty much correct,,,cept for the Fort Fiend Fathers,,we'r good guys !:thumbsup2

Tigger1966
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I just tell my kids our family tree starts here to learn from the past and never be that way. Love your family and allways be there for them. I don't understand some people the greatest gift you can have in your life are your children.

ntsammy5
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
:thumbsup2

Cindy F
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry Tigger and thanks Denise and Frank.

You know....when people are doped up on Lortab and locked in a van for 9 hours with nothing to do but play around on line and nap....sometimes....they say a little more than they meant to say :scared1: :guilty:

2goofycampers
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
That's why there is an edit buton.

We all have said more than we meant to a time or two or thirty. ;)

Cindy F
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM
That's why there is an edit buton.

We all have said more than we meant to a time or two or thirty. ;)

LOL I know but I didn't want to leave folks who responded hangin out there! I'll just hafta grin and bear it!

Born 2 Fish
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Anybody mention or miss the days when you came to the MK and the car lines were so long at the entrance that sometimes car's would over heat, have engine problems, etc.,,,and all you had to do was turn on your head lights or lift your hood and Disney would send someone out to help you ?

DisneyBishops
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM

DD 17

DD 13

How sad to hear your dd say that. Don't know how any man could turn his back on his kids. yes i have wanted to kill mine a few times but i never did and never turned my back on them.

BigDaddyRog
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Cindy....you're the new kid in town.....you'll quickly come to learn that the folks here never really require an explanation. We never really need an appology. We dont care to judge you, we arent here to save you....but we ARE here FOR you. Many people on this board know more about me than my own brothers and sister. Dont sweat it kid....dont be embarrassed for showing some human emotion.....we're all human, we all have emotion. But dont forget that the people who POST here are NOT the only people who see your posts....while you can trust those of us that you see posting often, you never know whos reading your every word...try to keep that in mind for safety's sake.

Born 2 Fish
02-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Clearance sales on items,,you rarely find clearance at Disney stores anymore.:confused3

ftwildernessguy
02-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Clearance sales on items,,you rarely find clearance at Disney stores anymore.:confused3

They're there, but not well displayed. Usually you have to turn the item over and see if it has a red rimmed price sticker on it.

I remember my very first visit to the fort, the Settlement trading post had a table outside with clearance items on it. I got a Dopey coffee mug for a buck (still my favorite mug), and my wife got a Mickey metal bucket and a Mickey metal watering can for a couple bucks each. I have never seen a table like this since.

catgirl
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
I miss the Comedy Club & Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island. My girlfriend & I were at Disney World in 1994 & were were at both clubs every evening. I was anxious to take my mom on our trip in 2008, but we were traveling with my 4 year old niece and another family with a 4 year old. We took the kids to Neverland Club so we could get a quite bite to eat and hit the clubs. The other family took so long to get ready & we waited so long for dinner that we ran out of time (plus the other family didn't have a lot of interest in going). I thought "oh well" I will take mom on our return trip in 2010, since we plan to go alone. Now it's gone!!!:sad1: I really regret not getting to take my mom, she would have loved both of them.

Born 2 Fish
03-03-2009, 07:20 AM
I miss the days when you got hungry and could walk right up to any Disney restaurant without any ADR and be seated.

And the quality of service and food could not be beat !

nope,,not anymore. :sad2:

Pinkee77
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM

Aww! Just saw this......I didnt realize it was gone. I have video of my son (now 5) taking his first steps in front of that ship.

I didnt read through this whole thread......but, is anyone else disgusted by what they did to the boat ride in Mexico? I loved that ride, it was a slice of culture. Now it's just, just....Grrr!.....well, other than a cheesie movie that no one cares about, what does Donald Duck have to do with Mexico?

bigdisneydaddy
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I miss being able to get to the fort twice a year, but I am fixin to cure that in 4 weeks.....:cool1:

BigDaddyRog
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
What have they done to the boat ride in Mexico??? That was one of our few things we really liked about epcot...we'd ride it while waiting to be seated at San Angel, and right after!!!

des1954
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
What have they done to the boat ride in Mexico??? That was one of our few things we really liked about epcot...we'd ride it while waiting to be seated at San Angel, and right after!!!

The film/theme has been changed two the Three Cabiallero's - Donald Duck and two other birds. It's cute - - - but I miss the original. The rest of the props are the same.

And, YES, the Viking boat has been taken away...so has the smoking area right in front of it. BUT....School Bread is still available at the bakery - so all is not lost.:thumbsup2

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I miss the Comedy Club & Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island. My girlfriend & I were at Disney World in 1994 & were were at both clubs every evening. I was anxious to take my mom on our trip in 2008, but we were traveling with my 4 year old niece and another family with a 4 year old. We took the kids to Neverland Club so we could get a quite bite to eat and hit the clubs. The other family took so long to get ready & we waited so long for dinner that we ran out of time (plus the other family didn't have a lot of interest in going). I thought "oh well" I will take mom on our return trip in 2010, since we plan to go alone. Now it's gone!!!:sad1: I really regret not getting to take my mom, she would have loved both of them.
I miss those too. I have been to both several times but DH hasn't and I really think he would have enjoyed AC! :(

uh..... do WHAT?
:(

I miss a lot of things mentioned here- but quite a few of them are things that were gone before our first trip in 2002 and I sure wish they were still there so we could do them!
I especially wish River Country was still there. I mean how convenient would a water parK RIGHT THERE be? *sigh*

and I'm one that hopes COP stays!!!!!!!

Pinkee77
03-04-2009, 07:18 AM

They ruined it! That's what they did. :sad1: It was one of my favorites too. I loved going in there early afternoon, sit in the AC and take a slow boat ride. The Aztec type music that you heard at the beginning of the ride is gone. The feel for the Mexican history and culture....all gone. And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

The film/theme has been changed two the Three Caballero's - Donald Duck and two other birds. It's cute - - - but I miss the original. The rest of the props are the same.

Yes, and did you notice they now have that movie for sale in the gift shop? lol. I think most of the props are the same, but I did notice that the carousel of the life-size marionette figures at the end is gone. :sad2: Seems like there was something else missing, but I forget now.

In general, I just miss the "old" EPCOT. Back in the days when it really the future world exibits were about cutting edge technology and dreams of what the future held. Back when you could walk from country to country and actually feel like you had been there. Back before Mickey or any cartoon characters were there. Now, they have Mulan for China, Alladin and Jasmine for Morroco, Belle for France . . . . I dunno, I just think it takes away from it.

Cindy F
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Cindy....you're the new kid in town.....you'll quickly come to learn that the folks here never really require an explanation. We never really need an appology. We dont care to judge you, we arent here to save you....but we ARE here FOR you. Many people on this board know more about me than my own brothers and sister. Dont sweat it kid....dont be embarrassed for showing some human emotion.....we're all human, we all have emotion. But dont forget that the people who POST here are NOT the only people who see your posts....while you can trust those of us that you see posting often, you never know whos reading your every word...try to keep that in mind for safety's sake.

Aww, thanks BDR! That's really kind of you and everyone here has been very kind, accepting, and welcoming...probably one of the reasons I got so "loose lipped" but I know to be more careful in the future in case of those who are not so nice! ;)

They ruined it! That's what they did. :sad1: It was one of my favorites too. I loved going in there early afternoon, sit in the AC and take a slow boat ride. The Aztec type music that you heard at the beginning of the ride is gone. The feel for the Mexican history and culture....all gone. And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

I agree, not very happy with the "update" on the the boat ride BUT, I did find out that if you get some of those tequila chocolates from the marketplace and eat 2 or 6 of them before you get on the ride, it won't bother you as much. ~grin~

BigDaddyRog
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

des1954
03-05-2009, 04:47 AM
I think most of the props are the same, but I did notice that the carousel of the life-size marionette figures at the end is gone. :sad2: Seems like there was something else missing, but I forget now.

Actually, I found the carousel with the life sized marionettes sort of disturbing. I'm not upset with that being gone.

The film with the people chasing you to sell you stuff is gone, too. I liked that, but I guess it was demeaning to some people.

Now, it's a ride I can catch a nap on.

I DO like the changes made to the attraction in the "Big Golf Ball"!

Born 2 Fish
03-05-2009, 05:02 AM
: And replaced by yet another marketable cartoon character for the purpose of selling more merchandise.

While Walt was a truely a man ahead of his time in just about any manner of mind, family values and morals,,if you research him, you will find that, outside of his love of family entertainment, the entire reason for his theme park and rides were to promote his movies.

Born 2 Fish
03-31-2009, 02:06 PM
REALLY GOOD FOOD at table service. Yeah, the food is just okay, compared to the old days before Free Dining the food today is lousy. The food REALLY was better before Free Dining.

And I miss the days when they use to give you a "farmers straw hat" when you would eat at the Garden Grill at Epcot.

It was great to have your pic taken with farmer Mickey (with everyone in straw hats) when he came to your table.:thumbsup2

Donna
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
What i miss is the ability to get a PS at Sci Fi. :sad2:

2goofycampers
03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
What I miss the most is coming home and saying "everything was perfect, nothing could have been better".

Born 2 Fish
04-01-2009, 06:46 AM
What i miss is the ability to get a PS at Sci Fi. :sad2:

You got a PLAY STATION at the Si-Fi ??? WAY COOL !!!

All I ever got was a milk shake and a sandwich, with fries.

awoogala
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I miss Figment. The real one. And I miss all the wonderful games afterwards, as opposed to an ad for Kodak.
I miss the tiki room.. My kids had no idea why I "made them sit through that horrible show"...I couldn't explain, I was in tears.
I miss just running into characters randomly, rather then having to pay for the right to see them, or waiting in lines.. (and never seeing Cinderella unless you pay the ransom.. um, I mean "price" for a meal with her)

awoogala
04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
OOOOHHH- I forgot- MY fave part of every trip when I was a kid-
stopping at the Penny Arcade on the way out! watching old tin-types, playing old games, etc... loved it!

2goofycampers
04-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I miss Figment. The real one. And I miss all the wonderful games afterwards, as opposed to an ad for Kodak.
I miss the tiki room.. My kids had no idea why I "made them sit through that horrible show"...I couldn't explain, I was in tears.
I miss just running into characters randomly, rather then having to pay for the right to see them, or waiting in lines.. (and never seeing Cinderella unless you pay the ransom.. um, I mean "price" for a meal with her)

I agree the "old" Tiki Room was much better.

Born 2 Fish
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I agree the "old" Tiki Room was much better.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ntsammy5
04-14-2009, 03:12 PM
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Goofyseven
04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
What I really miss is swimming at the Fort beach, River Country, and the Train

Born 2 Fish
04-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Ami (PolynesianPixie)

Jim (FtWGuy),,where are youz guyz ??? :sad1: We'z miss'ez youz guys,,,,

tellnotails
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I wish they would put the Meadow back at the Meadow Trading Post....:sad1:

senseless to destroy that green space.....

stacktester
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I wish they would put the Meadow back at the Meadow Trading Post....:sad1:

senseless to destroy that green space.....

I hated it from the time the fence went up. Oh well, when a CM says I can't fish on the bank down by the docks, I'll simply reply that my old fishing spot has campers parked on it now.

tedlou
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I have to say it would be Me, the wife, and the kids. I would love to have us all returned there. We were down in Late Feb for a week at the fort and hands down was the best vacation ever for our clan.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq341/tedlou/Disney-1.jpg

auntie
05-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I haven't read all the pages, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but I wish they'd offer the family plan at the marina and bike rentals. Used to be that everyone in your party could rent the sea sprites, pontoon boats and bikes for a flat rate of some $200.00. Well worth it for us, given that we're five people. The kids had a blast and used the sea sprites every day for entire week. We rented the pontoon boat for a cruise around Bay Lake, and we rented bikes 4 times. They used to offer this at the WL and FW. Haven't seen it offered in a LONG time. One of things that Disney offered, that I wish they would bring back.

Donna
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I haven't read all the pages, so not sure if it's been mentioned, but I wish they'd offer the family plan at the marina and bike rentals. Used to be that everyone in your party could rent the sea sprites, pontoon boats and bikes for a flat rate of some $200.00. Well worth it for us, given that we're five people. The kids had a blast and used the sea sprites every day for entire week. We rented the pontoon boat for a cruise around Bay Lake, and we rented bikes 4 times. They used to offer this at the WL and FW. Haven't seen it offered in a LONG time. One of things that Disney offered, that I wish they would bring back.

wow, i'd go for this too. wouldn't it be great if they threw in cart rental, yeh right.:rotfl:

Goofyseven
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
On thing I really miss is River Country. DW and I use to sneak in at night and walk around the perimeter on the path with the wooden bridges. There were benches along the way beside the lake that provided a place to enjoy the view and get to know each other away from the kids in the camper.

Sigh sigh sigh

graciejane
05-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I miss the trams. We used to have the best time riding those. And it seemed that CM's who drove later at night were the best. We would just hop on the tram and ride. Probably sounds silly, but that is something I wish my kids could have done.

Donna
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I miss the trams. We used to have the best time riding those. And it seemed that CM's who drove later at night were the best. We would just hop on the tram and ride. Probably sounds silly, but that is something I wish my kids could have done.

what trams?

Born 2 Fish
05-06-2009, 06:20 AM
I miss our dog being at the Fort.:thumbsup2 I really do!

graciejane
05-06-2009, 01:44 PM
what trams?

Way back when....instead of the bus system at the Fort, they used to have these Trams to help you get around. In my families humble opinion...way more fun then riding the bus.

Donna
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Way back when....instead of the bus system at the Fort, they used to have these Trams to help you get around. In my families humble opinion...way more fun then riding the bus.

great idea! i think they would fit in better and probably alot less noisy. wonder why they stopped that?

Shan-man
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Here is a video that features (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvaVf1fB2g) the old trams. I think there are two main reasons they were removed. One, they are not handicap accessible. Two, they are open-air, i.e. miserable to ride on in a rain storm (and as you may know, FL is not known for gentle rains, but swirling torrents of buckets pounding down for 5 minutes then everything is back to normal... just steamier! LOL). Anyhow, thought y'all might like the video.

Oh, and here is the upgraded trams they added later:
http://www.fortwildernessrr.com/history/Fall/fwtram.jpg

:santa:

Tigger1966
05-08-2009, 06:08 PM
They could replace one of the buses with a tram the little boats are not handicap and they are open ait and they still run them and we ride them in the rain:cool1:

dreamer03
05-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I miss 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Donna
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Here is a video that features (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvaVf1fB2g) the old trams. I think there are two main reasons they were removed. One, they are not handicap accessible. Two, they are open-air, i.e. miserable to ride on in a rain storm (and as you may know, FL is not known for gentle rains, but swirling torrents of buckets pounding down for 5 minutes then everything is back to normal... just steamier! LOL). Anyhow, thought y'all might like the video.

Oh, and here is the upgraded trams they added later:
http://www.fortwildernessrr.com/history/Fall/fwtram.jpg

:santa:

Great footage! gotta love those fashions too, lol.

Ellisonfamily
05-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Watching fire works from the top of the contemporary hotel. The arcade on the first floor as a kid. They also had a small movie theater in there that I remember watching disney movies on as a kid.