PDA

View Full Version : Family Olympics

Shannone1
08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Our family came in 2nd place (Silver medal) during the Family Olympics at the campground we are in this week. They had some neat events...things I haven't done since I was a kid. 3 legged race, egg spoon race, piggyback race, wheelbarrow race, kayak race, etc. Someone from each family had to participate...but all 5 of us ended doing most events. My ankle is still sore from the rope we used during the 3 legged race !!

The big finale was the blindfolded obstacle course. Each parent was blindfolded and the kids shouted directions from the sidelines. I took first place in that event...beating my toughest competition all day by only 5 seconds !! :cool1:

Our prize was a mini frisbee golf set. I've never played before so it should be interesting. First place was ladder golf...which we already have so I was glad we didn't get that. :)

So 'fess up....when was the last time YOU competed with your kids in events like these ??

g8trmom1
08-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Our family came in 2nd place (Silver medal) during the Family Olympics at the campground we are in this week. They had some neat events...things I haven't done since I was a kid. 3 legged race, egg spoon race, piggyback race, wheelbarrow race, kayak race, etc. Someone from each family had to participate...but all 5 of us ended doing most events. My ankle is still sore from the rope we used during the 3 legged race !!

The big finale was the blindfolded obstacle course. Each parent was blindfolded and the kids shouted directions from the sidelines. I took first place in that event...beating my toughest competition all day by only 5 seconds !! :cool1:

Our prize was a mini frisbee golf set. I've never played before so it should be interesting. First place was ladder golf...which we already have so I was glad we didn't get that. :)

So 'fess up....when was the last time YOU competed with your kids in events like these ??

Never...we just sit around and drink and let the kids play in the dirt....:rolleyes:

Gatordad
08-24-2008, 07:14 AM
We won the following events

1. Beer Drinking
2. Gas passing
3. beer can toss
4. fire making
5. Crocsnsox race

2goofycampers
08-24-2008, 07:35 AM
:lmao:

The last time for us was when DS was 10 and the school had a carnival.
He's now 25 and would probably enjoy playing Pete's games better. :thumbsup2

Brer Bear
08-24-2008, 07:51 AM
We won the following events

1. Beer Drinking
2. Gas passing
3. beer can toss
4. fire making
5. Crocsnsox race

Yea, but you cheated by combining #2 and #4 !:rotfl:

ftwildernessguy
08-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Man, I bet you can't wait for all those endorsements to start rolling in - Egglands Best, Bayer Aspirin, BenGay, Ace Bandage.

mirmartinez
08-24-2008, 08:19 AM

Easter and Halloween at my sister's house.

We all thrown in 5-10 a head, and the winners of each game get a % of the pot.
Loads of fun. We heckle the competion and some even try to cheat :rolleyes1

Shannone1
08-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Yea, but you cheated by combining #2 and #4 !:rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl2: