PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about "Fort Fiends"

Shan-man
08-20-2008, 05:24 PM
So tell me about Fort Fiends. Is it a self-appointed title or a society with strict membership guidelines and bizarre initiation rites? ;) I would consider myself a fort fiend, but does that make me a Fort Fiend? Inquiring minds want to know. I particularly ask because I have recreated the Fort Fiend logo in Illustrator (so it can be printed at any size and still look good) and didn't want to step on any toes by posting it or using it. (I sure don't want to tick off any 12th Order Fort Fiends and revoke my chance of selection!)

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Its nothing official...not an actual club with memberships...its just what we call ourselves around here...it was catchy and caught on pretty well...if you got beer...mail it to me...that officiates you as a lifetime member!!!

Lets see your fiend logo!!

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome! Let's see it.:thumbsup2

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Well the nazis won't let us use self-appointed because it might confuse some people.

I am the pledgemaster. You can mail the beer to me.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey...I called DIBS!!!! Ya cant break DIBS!!!!

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I was Pledgemaster first. I'll make you a deal. I'll share his beer, while you get him to buy us Rumple.

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Since they are fighting. Just send the beer to me. I will make good use of it.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
lol!!! Shan..you gotta fake ID?

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
we don't need any drunken wild wommen here. How was pre-school?

seabee
08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
That's why she needs the beer, she's exhausted.:lmao: Just kidding Amanda, ya know I love ya!

Besides, a beer isn't enough. He needs to eat off of Donnie's dishes. I hear they are "washed" in a way that may not be appealing.:lmao:

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Besides, a beer isn't enough. He needs to eat off of Donnie's dishes. I hear they are "washed" in a way that may not be appealing.:lmao:

You forget they are broken, he dropped them already!:lmao:

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
If you love the Fort and think about it everday, you're a Fort Fiend.

Shan-man
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
BDR sent me his credentials. Sure looks like he's pledgemaster to me...

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/BDRPledge.jpg

Besides, he's the only one who scares me. But y'all can all stop by the site, and I promise to have a cold one waiting.

The logos I did are this one, which I matched to the original very closely (just tweaking the letter spacing a bit) ...
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/**********-Match.jpg

and this one, that I just did for fun, but kinda like...
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/**********-New.jpg

They are both available here (http://sites.google.com/site/shanmansdisney/Home/downloads) in Illustrator format. I can convert them to just about any other format you might need, just PM me.

Us3
08-20-2008, 07:32 PM

Besides, he's the only one who scares me.
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/**********-New.jpg

:lmao: Rog, you have a new picture to add to your signature!

I really like that second one! Nice job!

seabee
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
I like the second one too.

And Rog-that card is great.:lmao:

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Rog has no street cred.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Besides, he's the only one who scares me. But y'all can all stop by the site, and I promise to have a cold one waiting.

:lmao: :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Dude...thats GREAT!!!!!!! I love it!!! Especially the "WEIGHT=OMG" . But...Gatordads right, I cant be stealing his "pledgemaster"bation!!!:rotfl2:

The logos look sharp too!!! I play around with the art programs a little bit, but Ive never used ILLUSTRATOR. Im a G.I.M.P. fan

g8trmom1
08-20-2008, 10:07 PM
OMG that card is hilarious!! I love it!!

and Rog, I am glad to see you on here more often, I enjoy your humor!

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
OMG that card is hilarious!! I love it!!

and Rog, I am glad to see you on here more often, I enjoy your humor!

Thanks alot Chris...that reservation changed my attitude all together!!! I guess the slight pickup in business aint hurting either..but either way...its good to be back.

kc5grw
08-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Dude...thats GREAT!!!!!!! I love it!!! Especially the "WEIGHT=OMG" . But...Gatordads right, I cant be stealing his "pledgemaster"bation!!!:rotfl2:

The logos look sharp too!!! I play around with the art programs a little bit, but Ive never used ILLUSTRATOR. Im a G.I.M.P. fan
You're only a GIMP fan cause it's cheap, as in FREE. FREE is always good though. If I can't get it through work I usually always opt for FREE.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Free is so well in my budget!!!

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Rog what happened to your parsimonious pledge?

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 10:40 PM
I forgot how to spell it!!

Shan-man
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM

I'm glad y'all liked the card... the thought just hit me in the funny bone and I had to crank one out. I've never used GIMP, I stick with the Adobe products since they are industry standard, expensive, but standard (CS3 costs as much as my Mac!).

As to the earlier suggestion of Rumple... well, I have a rule, you can never again drink something you've thrown-up through your nose. Nasty. Minty, but nasty! How about a nice sapphire martini instead?

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
new guy, don't be comin around here and pushing those hoity toidy drinks on us. We are simple people, we can't even spell rumplemintz, so we call it rumple and no mixology is required to pour it out. next thing you know, you'll be not lettin us throw our empties on the ground and force us to drink out of mugs instead of cans.

ha ha:lmao:

Shan-man
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
new guy, don't be comin around here and pushing those hoity toidy drinks on us. We are simple people, we can't even spell rumplemintz, so we call it rumple and no mixology is required to pour it out. next thing you know, you'll be not lettin us throw our empties on the ground and force us to drink out of mugs instead of cans.

Yes, Pledgemaster :worship:

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 11:22 PM
I have a rule, you can never again drink something you've thrown-up through your nose. Nasty. Minty, but nasty!

Yeah....I dont drink it for the taste!!! And it has definately found an escape through my nostrils...but I aint giving up on it yet!!!

...we can't even spell rumplemintz, so we call it rumple and no mixology is required to pour it out....
:thumbsup2 Rumpul....iz fa da simple peepulz

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
rumple, it's not just for smart people.

Shannone1
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey Shan-man....maybe you could come up with a catchy new user name before your post count gets too high and you don't want to start over. Maybe something that doesn't start with "Shan".....:rolleyes1 :flower3:

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Yes, Pledgemaster :worship:

you may stay.

BigDaddyRog
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Flattery will apparently get you everywhere!!!

VACAMPER
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
I love thee card!:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
08-21-2008, 01:46 AM
The card is great! What's a sapphire Martini? I like sapphires.....and martinis...especially with olives.

big kahuna1
08-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Now that card was great! Talkin' about stuff coming out the nose! My scrambled eggs almost made their way after reading that card. I think a piece of red pepper is still stuck in my nose although I guess it could be a booger. If it turns out to be red pepper can I still eat it?:scared1:

I love the that second Fort Fiend also. You are okay in my book and will fit just fine in here...WELCOME!:thumbsup2

Shan-man
08-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Hey Shan-man....maybe you could come up with a catchy new user name before your post count gets too high and you don't want to start over. Maybe something that doesn't start with "Shan".....:rolleyes1 :flower3:

:laughing: Seeing that my name is Shannon, and I didn't want anyone to assume I'm a girl, I though Shan-Man was a good'un. Fear not, I'm sure Shan-Man will never hold a candle to, much less eclipse, the Shannone1! :cool1:

Shan-man
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
The card is great! What's a sapphire Martini? I like sapphires.....and martinis...especially with olives.

It's a martini made with Bombay Sapphire (a premium gin), and, as any REAL martini is, it is garnished with olive!

Shan-man
08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Apparently BDR is up to his old tricks, trying to pass a fake ID. Here is the real Pledgemaster's credentials:

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/GatordadPledgecopy.png

Heck, if nothing else, his is a lot larger...

Shannone1
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Apparently BDR is up to his old tricks, trying to pass a fake ID. Here is the real Pledgemaster's credentials:

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/GatordadPledgecopy.png

I love it...especially the donor part !! :lmao:

2goofycampers
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
OMG,,,,,,, and I love the pic on the sweat shirt.

Us3
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM
:lmao:

RvUsa
08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
You have way toooooo much free time, you will fit in just fine!:lmao:

Just Beachy
08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Too funny!!!:rotfl2:

PolynesianPixie
08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh that's hilarious!:rotfl2:

Shan-man
08-21-2008, 10:17 AM
OMG,,,,,,, and I love the pic on the sweat shirt.

That was really the only challenging part: one to make it look natural by matching the shading & stretching on the shirt, and two, because I found it hard to mimic the vomit on the shirt on Cindy's face. Glad you guys like it.

BigDaddyRog
08-21-2008, 10:26 AM
LOL....Shan...you're a welcome blast of fart gas around here....pull up a chair, dude!

VACAMPER
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
:lmao:

BRDof3
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Now THAT's what I call a picure ID! I didn't even notice the sweatshirt pic at first. :rotfl:

BRDof3
08-21-2008, 11:45 AM
you may stay.

If I fax you a beer do I get to stay too? :drinking1

Gatordad
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
If I fax you a beer do I get to stay too? :drinking1

You and shan-man are still pledges.

BRDof3
08-21-2008, 02:20 PM
You and shan-man are still pledges.

(through gritted teeth and with obvious pain) Thank you, Sir! May I have another?

seabee
08-21-2008, 11:32 PM
:lmao: Those ID's are hilarious! I love it!

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Long Live Musket Mickey!

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/NewFWLogowMusketMickey.png

I redrew this today and added the musket... thought someone might like it. The original walking stick Mickey is here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27089460#post27089460) (for the politically correct among us... how ever do you survive AMONG US?) . I have the vector art file for both here (http://sites.google.com/site/shanmansdisney/Home/downloads) if anyone needs them.

VACAMPER
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Very nice!

RvUsa
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Holy crap, you rock!!! Would you mind if I put some of these on my fort wilderness page?

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Not at all, I am posting these for the FW crowd to use as they please. If you need a particular size or format just let me know.

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Ya know, I just didn't do justice to my description of a Sapphire Martini. As I said before, you start with Bombay Sapphire premium gin (which is stored in the freezer), two jiggers. Then, take a bottle of Dry Vermouth and show it to the martini, 2-3 seconds should be enough. Put away the vermouth before you add too much! Add two olives on a Wilderness Lodge emblazoned skewer and about 10 drops of olive juice. Stir with the olives to mix the juice and the vermouth into the gin. Enjoy!

If you can't store the gin in the freezer, 20 minutes in a champagne bucket should suffice. Only as a desperate measure should you dilute the drink by shaking it with ice, that would be even worse than actually pouring the 1/2 jigger of vermouth normally called for into the mix! :cool1:

Be back in a minute, gotta go make a bevvie. BTW- does anyone know if the Fort has customized skewers? I have a trip to Artist Point planned specifically so I can get some more skewers! They look like an arrow and have the resort name on the side. I'd love some that say Fort Wilderness instead!

Shannone1
08-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Not at all, I am posting these for the FW crowd to use as they please. If you need a particular size or format just let me know.

Ok..I'll take one on a car magnet please. Nice job....that would look great on a decal on the back of my RV :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

Us3
08-22-2008, 07:29 PM
That drink sounds good...I'm having a fake martini right now...an absolute appletini, haha.

I'm not sure about the skewers, good question! :confused:

Dh is a big Illustrator and PS guru too (he worked for Adobe back in the early 90's)....and I plan on showing him your work this weekend. Thanks again for the files, I hope to print some static stickers etc using them! :thumbsup2 I love the last one...looks just like our tire cover (except for the musket!). Thanks!

PolynesianPixie
08-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Ya know, I just didn't do justice to my description of a Sapphire Martini. As I said before, you start with Bombay Sapphire premium gin (which is stored in the freezer), two jiggers. Then, take a bottle of Dry Vermouth and show it to the martini, 2-3 seconds should be enough. Put away the vermouth before you add too much! Add two olives on a Wilderness Lodge emblazoned skewer and about 10 drops of olive juice. Stir with the olives to mix the juice and the vermouth into the gin. Enjoy!

If you can't store the gin in the freezer, 20 minutes in a champagne bucket should suffice. Only as a desperate measure should you dilute the drink by shaking it with ice, that would be even worse than actually pouring the 1/2 jigger of vermouth normally called for into the mix! :cool1:

Be back in a minute, gotta go make a bevvie. BTW- does anyone know if the Fort has customized skewers? I have a trip to Artist Point planned specifically so I can get some more skewers! They look like an arrow and have the resort name on the side. I'd love some that say Fort Wilderness instead!

Now that sounds good! BTW, you can get those skewers at the pool bar, too. If Enrique is working, tell him Ami said you could get a few extra! :thumbsup2

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok..I'll take one on a car magnet please. Nice job....that would look great on a decal on the back of my RV :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

I just sent your car magnet via e-mail :rolleyes1 :dance3:

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Now that sounds good! BTW, you can get those skewers at the pool bar, too. If Enrique is working, tell him Ami said you could get a few extra! :thumbsup2

I assume you mean the pool bar at WL (ooohh, that'd be nice, a swim-up bar at FW... don't they know how much money they'd make with all the lushes that stay at FW!!) :rotfl: . Does this mean that FW guests can enjoy the pool bar at WL? I know we can't use the pool, but the pool bar is cool? Or is it just your inimitable charm Ami? :cutie:

labdogs42
08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Long Live Musket Mickey!

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/NewFWLogowMusketMickey.png

I redrew this today and added the musket... thought someone might like it. The original walking stick Mickey is here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27089460#post27089460) (for the politically correct among us... how ever do you survive AMONG US?) . I have the vector art file for both here (http://sites.google.com/site/shanmansdisney/Home/downloads) if anyone needs them.

Wow, that is so cool! I haven't stayed at the Fort yet, but when I do, Musket Mickey will be appearing just like that in my Digital scrapbook for sure! I was going to ask if you had posted any of these over on the DIS-igns board, but you beat me to that! I'm feeling quite inadequate now. Maybe I should have a Mike's Hard Lemonade ('cuz I have puked Rumple thru the nose before, too, so we aren't friends anymore!).

Shan-man
08-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, that is so cool! I haven't stayed at the Fort yet, but when I do, Musket Mickey will be appearing just like that in my Digital scrapbook for sure! I was going to ask if you had posted any of these over on the DIS-igns board, but you beat me to that! I'm feeling quite inadequate now.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you'll get some use out of it. No need to feel inadequate either, I was a pro graphic artist for 18 years, and am still learning!

Maybe I should have a Mike's Hard Lemonade ('cuz I have puked Rumple thru the nose before, too, so we aren't friends anymore!).

I KNEW I wasn't the only one with that rule! See guys, it's not just me!!

2goofycampers
08-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Shan-Man .Can you try fooling around with this.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1927767

HappyCamper87
08-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Like what you did with Mickey

labdogs42
08-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Am I allowed to pledge the Fort Fiends even if I haven't stayed at the fort?

BigDaddyRog
08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Labdogs....have you posted here before? I certainly recognize your siggy pic...but not sure if I recognize it from the camping boards, or the DISign boards. Either way...good to see you again!

2goofycampers
08-23-2008, 09:57 AM

We are campers, we just can't say no. Welcome.

labdogs42
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Labdogs....have you posted here before? I certainly recognize your siggy pic...but not sure if I recognize it from the camping boards, or the DISign boards. Either way...good to see you again!

I started a thread about stocking my new pop-up the other day. I think that was my first post here on the Camping boards. I also show up on the DIS-ign, scrapbooking, and Budget boards a lot! Thanks for the welcome! You guys are a fun bunch!

BigDaddyRog
08-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Thats where I remember you from the budget boards....there was a discussion about people renting sites and not occupying them(Isnt there always a discussion about that somewhere??)

labdogs42
08-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Thats where I remember you from the budget boards....there was a discussion about people renting sites and not occupying them(Isnt there always a discussion about that somewhere??)

Oh yeah, that was it! That was one of the weirder ideas the Budget boarders have come up with.

PolynesianPixie
08-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Ahhhhh....memories! :rotfl2:

PolynesianPixie
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I assume you mean the pool bar at WL (ooohh, that'd be nice, a swim-up bar at FW... don't they know how much money they'd make with all the lushes that stay at FW!!) :rotfl: . Does this mean that FW guests can enjoy the pool bar at WL? I know we can't use the pool, but the pool bar is cool? Or is it just your inimitable charm Ami? :cutie:

Are you kidding me? Do you think they would stop a paying customer????? :lmao:

BRDof3
08-23-2008, 01:16 PM

If they haven't run me out yet, I'd say you stand a pretty good chance! :banana: