PDA

View Full Version : Where Have You Lived ?

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 11:01 AM
I started out life in upstate NY.

Moved to Fl. when I was 16.

Moved to Mississippi when I was 18.

Moved to Texas when I was 19.

Moved to Tn. when I was 21 and been here ever since.

RvUsa
08-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Born in Darlington PA 68.

Moved to Athens Ga 90

Moved back to Darlington 96

Been here ever since.

Us3
08-20-2008, 11:07 AM
I was actually born in Iowa! :eek: But only lived there for 9 months of my life.

My family transfered back to Dallas Texas where both my mom and dad are from. (I grew up there and went to school there)

DH and I moved to Denver Colorado (for jobs).

Then back to Dallas Texas (jobs again)

Then 2 years ago we relocated here to the Atlanta area (once again for jobs).

Us3
08-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I started out life in upstate NY.

Denise, dh is originally from upstate NY. I little town named Horseheads.

loveDmouse
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I have lived on the same little island on the eastern shore of Virginia for my entire life. :)

BRDof3
08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey, Sonja is a fellow Midwesterner, even if only for a few months!

Let's see: W. Va., Delaware, Ohio, Texas, Delaware again, Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska, Illinois, then back to Nebraska.

Dad worked for duPont, and got transferred a lot. Everything from the first Nebraska move to present was on my own, either for school or work. DW can't grasp the concept of moving so many times. Born and raised in Nebraska, the only move she made was to Illinois and back with me. (At least she stayed with me!) :bride:

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 11:31 AM

I've never heard of that, what big city is it close to?

Us3
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
I've never heard of that, what big city is it close to?

Ha, none really! It's just south of the Fingerlakes region. Elmira and Corning are not too far away.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I was born & raised in Metairie, LA......moved around quite a bit as a teen from city to city, but always in the New Orleans area. I met Gina in 87 or 88, and we felt adventurous and took it to Atlanta, GA for about a year...but that ol'cajun soul was telling me to go home. We got married and stayed around for about 8-10 years and got the bug again, so we moved to LasVegas....again, after a year or so...I just couldnt wait to get back home....Im now old enough to have learned to ignore that bug next time its starts biting me....this is home. Im a Louisiana man through and through.

PolynesianPixie
08-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I was born in Annapolis, Maryland.

At 16, I moved to Stewartstown, PA until I went to College in Greensboro, NC.

Lived in several towns in NC...Raliegh, High Point, Salisbury...

Moved to Bentonville, Arkansas for Scott to work on the Wal Mart business for Gillette.

He changed jobs and now we're in Blacksburg, VA

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 12:16 PM
I have lived on the same little island on the eastern shore of Virginia for my entire life. :)

I to have lived in Va all my life. Except in the mountains. I for one hope i never have to leave.

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 12:28 PM

So is the most awesomest golfer in the world. Joey Sindelar.

LarryJ
08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Until I went to College in Chicago, Il.
Scott AFB, Il.
Biloxi, Ms.
Stilwell, OK
Biloxi, Ms.
After College during my military Career:
Barrington, NJ.
Jacksonville, Fl.
Goose Creek, SC
Jacksonville, Fl.
Wahington, D.C.
San Diego, Ca.
Monteray, Ca.
Newport, R.I.
San Diego, Ca.
Centreville, Va. for the last 24 years

Larry

Just Beachy
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM

ESVA is so nice! Friends of ours have a house in Cape Charles. We love to go down there to visit. It is so beautiful and relaxing!

We4mickey
08-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Wisconsin born and raised, as were my parents.

Just Beachy
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Born and raised in NJ and still here. Probably won't be here forever unless this state does something about taxes and such. It's really a nice state. The weather here is pretty good. Traffic can be horrific, but I live in an area that hasn't become too congested......yet. I live in the woods, I can be at the beach in less than 30 minutes or in the mountains in an hour and a half.

Shannone1
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I've lived in Michigan my whole life, other than a brief 3 month stint in Chicago after we got married.

medic9016
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Texas, born and raised.
The rest courtesy of The Marine Corps.
California
Virginia
Japan
South Carolina

loveDmouse
08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I for one hope i never have to leave.

Me too! I don't think I could ever live any where else.

loveDmouse
08-20-2008, 01:05 PM
ESVA is so nice! Friends of ours have a house in Cape Charles. We love to go down there to visit. It is so beautiful and relaxing!

I have family down that way. We are in Chincoteague. I think it is beautiful here.

Momof626x3
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I spent most of my life growing up in the Adirondack mts of NY state. I went to college in central NY and Western NY. Lived in Cheektowaga (near Buffalo), NY for 2 years. Lived in Marshalltown, IA for 6 months. And now we live in Clifton Park, NY...and I really like it there!! :thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Born in Ohio,
also lived in
Florida- met Denise
Mississippi-married Denise
Texas
Tennesseeeeee-made this our home.

juligrl
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Born and raised in Monroeville, PA, spent four years in college an hour away in Slippery Rock, PA, married and moved a mile away from where I grew up to Pitcairn, PA, built a house and crossed the county line to North Huntingdon, PA.

djblu883
08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
1.Stuttgart Germany
2.Wilmington Delaware
3. Tuscaloosa, Al.
4. Northport, Al.
5. Victoria Tx.
6. Northport Al.
7.Scottsboro, Al.
8. Guntersville, Al.
9. Natchitoches, La.
10. Northport, Al.
11. Tuscaloosa, Al
12. Selma Al.
13. Mobile, Al.
14.Pascagoula, Ms.
15.Ocean Springs, Ms.
16. Spanish Fort, Al.
17. Livingston Al.
18. Centerville, Al.
19. Selma Al
20. Monroeville, Al
21 Lanett Al.
23.Biloxi Ms...may have missed a few

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I spent most of my life growing up in the Adirondack mts of NY state. I went to college in central NY and Western NY. Lived in Cheektowaga (near Buffalo), NY for 2 years. Lived in Marshalltown, IA for 6 months. And now we live in Clifton Park, NY...and I really like it there!! :thumbsup2

I have family in Clifton Park.. Is the Parkwood Diner still open on US 9?

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Born in Worcester, MA

Lived in Boston, Springfield, Pittsfield, AL, TX, WA, NJ, CA, back to Buffalo NY.

Also, Vietnam, Germany, Panama - just including places I stayed for 6 or more months.

kc5grw
08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I was an Air Force brat so the first 8 stops were courtesy of my dad and the USAF.

1. Panama Canal Zone
2. Gulfport, MI
3. Chanute, KS
4. Rantoul, IL
5. Beale AFB, CA
6. Amarillo, TX
7. Midwest City, OK
8. Beale AFB, CA
9. Lubbock, TX
10. Richardson, TX
11. Austin, TX
12. Mesquite, TX

seabee
08-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Born in Bangor, Maine
Winslow, Maine
NAS Sigonella, Sicily
Fallon, Nevada
Fernley, Nevada
Brief stints in W. Orange, NJ and Boston, MA
Now back in Winslow, Maine(but thinking about heading south)

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I spent most of my life growing up in the Adirondack mts of NY state.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've been trying to get my daughter and her husband to at least move back to Syracuse, but they want to stay in Glens Falls because it's right on the mountain trails. Oh well!

clkelley
08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Born in Birmingham, AL
Moved to Huntsville, AL at 6 months old
Lived in Florence, AL for college falls and springs 82 - 84
84 - 86 North Charleston, SC courtesy of my first husband and the Navy
Back to Huntsville, AL and lived here ever since.

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla and Padilla.

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington , Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Richfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City

kc5grw
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
:eek::scared1::eek:

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla and Padilla.

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington , Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Richfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City

Dude...the question was WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED....not CITIES YOUVE HEARD OF!!!!!!

Ive been everywhere, man....Ive been everywhere.

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
oh. I'm not stupid, I'm confused.

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I've been everywhere, man. :lmao:

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, tell me about it. I've been trying to get my daughter and her husband to at least move back to Syracuse, but they want to stay in Glens Falls because it's right on the mountain trails. Oh well!

It's really pretty there and close to Lake George.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
He REALLY has been everywhere, now...ya know Johnny probably didnt make it to heaven....but Im sure he's in good company.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/cash_johnny.jpg

g8trmom1
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Born in Brooklyn, NY..
moved to Staten Island, NY when I was a kid...
moved to Woodbridge, NJ, when I married Gatordad..
then we moved to Warren County, NJ...
moved to Tampa in 2003...
and I think this is where we will stay!!!:goodvibes

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
You're from NY? I"M from new yawk, wheh ya frum?

g8trmom1
08-20-2008, 10:57 PM
You're from NY? I"M from new yawk, wheh ya frum?

You are supposed to be studying..
I knew you were going to say that..:goodvibes :goodvibes

OK GRUMPY
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I was a military brat to
Born in Anchorage Alaska
moved to Great Falls. Montana
Dover, Delaware
Lajas AFB Azores Islands
Montomery Al
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Navarre, FL
It's crazy we as a family did alot of moving around when we were young and all of us have stayed in the same area. My Grand mother lived in Destin so this area was always home base for us.

lucy_love
08-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Clearwater, FL

Orlando, FL

Gainesville, FL

condos in:
Hudson, FL
Dunedin, FL

Next year I will be moving out of the state... and further from the fort :(

des1954
08-21-2008, 06:22 AM

I know where Horseheads is!!!

I was born in Western Mass.
Moved to WNY when I was 3.
Moved to Florida when I was 19.

I moved 25 miles from WDW when I finally realized life IS all about WDW!!:thumbsup2

des1954
08-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Lived in Cheektowaga (near Buffalo), NY

The fact that you can even SPELL Cheektowaga proves you've lived there!!

Al & I have a brother who lives in "Cheek-a-ta-waga" - - - the Polish capital of WNY!!!

Kiełbasa i Wielkiej pierogis!!

Born 2 Fish
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM

But do you know "every engineer in every town" and "all of their chlidren and all of their names ?"
:rolleyes1

allisophie
08-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Fort Jackson SC
Lodi NJ dad in Korea
Dunmore PA dad in Nam
Jersey City NJ dad in Nam
Glen Ridge NJ dad in NAm
Columbus GA (Fort Benning)
Lake Charles LA dad taught school here
Glen Ridge NJ dad taught school in WI/MI we stayed in Jersey
Bridgeton MO, (dad stationed record Center
Glen Ridge NJ (till dad got us housing)
Grafenwhor Germany ( 3 1/2yrs )
Nurenburg Germany (lived in Dorm HS was 2 1/2 hrs from Graf)
Maryland Heights MO dad retired

married in 86, been in st charles since.

allisophie
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM

thanks for the:rotfl2: today!

cyberdeb
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Born and raised in Warminster, PA
Moved to Brooksville Florida at 18 and moved around general area several times for about 9 years.
Back to Warminster, PA for a couple years
Jamison, PA for a couple years and have been back in Warminster for the past 11 years.

jrandtysmom
08-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately born and raised in Maryland and this is where I still be. Hopefully one day I'll get to live somewhere else - like NC. :goodvibes

big kahuna1
08-21-2008, 11:04 AM
A native Florida cracker here and itching for the day I can get out!:thumbsup2

Momof626x3
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
I have family in Clifton Park.. Is the Parkwood Diner still open on US 9?
Parkwood Diner became the Tuscan Grille about 2 or 3 years ago!

My parents still live up there. My boys love to go visit and go hiking.

The fact that you can even SPELL Cheektowaga proves you've lived there!!

Al & I have a brother who lives in "Cheek-a-ta-waga" - - - the Polish capital of WNY!!!

Kiełbasa i Wielkiej pierogis!!

Yes, Polish capital for sure! I remember Dingus Day! During the flight for our honeymoon the guy checking my licence saw I was from Cheektowaga and said, "That's a cool name! I'm bumping you up to 1st class!" So living there had its advantages! :thumbsup2

ram101
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
West Chester, PA (east of Phila)
Huntingdon, PA
Misawa, Japan 3 1/2yrs
Back to West Chester, PA
Allentown, PA
Back to Huntingdon, PA
Back to West Chester, PA
Now in Pottstown, PA

tinah159
08-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I was born in Jeffersonville Indiana
Moved to Atlanta Georgia for a while
Now I am in Jacksonville FL

With the storm here, I kinda wish I was back with my family in Indiana!

bord1niowa
08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Now everybody on the Disboards knows Gatordad is in the witness protection program...Oh well, where will he go to next???:lmao:
BTW, isn't that the song for the motel chain??? hahaha

momoffive
08-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Born in Philadelphia PA
Burlington NJ
Culman AL
Greenville MS
Delran NJ
San Juan Capistrano CA
Delran NJ
Center Valley PA
Emmaus PA
Bethlehem PA
Easton PA
Whitehall PA
Winston Salem NC
Lived in a couple of these towns twice. No army brat here, but Dad was transferred a lot. Mom said NO to Michigan though.
Loretta

F4disneyfan
08-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Born and raised in London Ont born in may of 69 and lived here ever since. If I move I want to go to a bigger city like Toronto Montreal or Vancouver.

des1954
08-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Born and raised in London Ont born in may of 69 and lived here ever since. If I move I want to go to a bigger city like Toronto Montreal or Vancouver.

I love Toronto....hate Montreal....and never been to Vancouver-but heard it's a cool city like Toronto. Ottawa's really neat, too.

Us3
08-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I love Toronto....hate Montreal....and never been to Vancouver-but heard it's a cool city like Toronto. Ottawa's really neat, too.

Toronto is a very cool city...but I have to say that I LOVE :love: Vancouver!!

Gatordad
08-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Born in Philadelphia PA
Burlington NJ
Culman AL
Greenville MS
Delran NJ
San Juan Capistrano CA
Delran NJ
Center Valley PA
Emmaus PA
Bethlehem PA
Easton PA
Whitehall PA
Winston Salem NC
Lived in a couple of these towns twice. No army brat here, but Dad was transferred a lot. Mom said NO to Michigan though.
Loretta

Lehigh Valley is nice, but I would have never left San Juan Capistrano

F4disneyfan
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM

I too love Toronto and absolutley LOVE LOVE LOVE Montreal being a HABS fan will do that to you LOL. No but really I have relatives who still live in Montreal my grandparents when they moved to Canada settled in Montreal first before moving to London. So I have an affinity for the city plus the architecture is absolutley fabulous reminds me of being in Europe. Never been west but I have an uncle that moved to Vancouver and is always asking us to come out to visit I want to go in teh winter the wife wants to go in teh summer I want to drive and so does she but she doesn't want to deal with the rockie mountains in the winter time.

Us3
08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
I too love Toronto and absolutley LOVE LOVE LOVE Montreal being a HABS fan will do that to you LOL. No but really I have relatives who still live in Montreal my grandparents when they moved to Canada settled in Montreal first before moving to London. So I have an affinity for the city plus the architecture is absolutley fabulous reminds me of being in Europe. Never been west but I have an uncle that moved to Vancouver and is always asking us to come out to visit I want to go in teh winter the wife wants to go in teh summer I want to drive and so does she but she doesn't want to deal with the rockie mountains in the winter time.

I was there in the summer and it was absolutely beautiful. I love the weather and Rocky Mountains! :love: I use to live on the other end...in Colorado. Ah, I miss the dry air!

F4disneyfan
08-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I was there in the summer and it was absolutely beautiful. I love the weather and Rocky Mountains! :love: I use to live on the other end...in Colorado. Ah, I miss the dry air!

We have DVC and I want to trade out and go skiing in Whistler but the wife doens't care for skiing and none of the kids have even tried it yet so I would hate to send them out for their first time someplace like that LOL.

Us3
08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
We have DVC and I want to trade out and go skiing in Whistler but the wife doens't care for skiing and none of the kids have even tried it yet so I would hate to send them out for their first time someplace like that LOL.

I'm not much of a snow skier either. Dh has done A LOT more than me! But give me a lake anyday for water skiing! :thumbsup2

momoffive
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Lehigh Valley is nice, but I would have never left San Juan Capistrano

The Valley is nice, but it changed a lot after 911. I would have never left San Juan Capistrano if my parents didn't make me. I moved out there with my aunt and uncle to set up residency for college. After a few months they made me come home. I was 16. DH would never consider CA as a place to live.
Loretta

F4disneyfan
08-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not much of a snow skier either. Dh has done A LOT more than me! But give me a lake anyday for water skiing! :thumbsup2

Give my wife the hot tub and the pool and she is golden LOL.

BigDaddyRog
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Born in Arizona,
Moved to Babylonia
Well I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Well I never been to England
But I kinda like the Beatles
Well I never been to Heaven
But I been to Oklahoma
I have a mansion I forget the price
Ain't never been there they tell me it's nice
I went from Phoenix, Arizona, all the way to Tacoma
Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A.
Northern California, where the girls are warm
So I could be with my sweet baby, yeah
Im standin on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine site to see
Well I was born in a small town
And I can breathe in a small town
Gonna die in this small town
And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me
Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet Home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to you
You gotta lose your mind in detroit rock city
Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train
And I's feeling nearly as faded as my jeans.
Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained,
It rode us all the way to New Orleans.

VACAMPER
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
:lmao:

BigDaddyRog
08-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I actually DID stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona!! Gina couldnt believe I got off of the interstate to stand on a freakin corner for a minute!!

ftwildernessguy
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
New York
North Carolina
Georgia (couple of times)
Texas (couple of times)
California
New Mexico
Louisianna
Germany (couple of times)
Nicaraugua (longer than I wanted to be)
Pennsylvania
A few other places for brief periods of time

I got around for a while. I'm tired. No more moving for me. The Lehigh Valley is okay, but getting to feel like a foreign country over the last few years.

BRDof3
08-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I actually DID stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona!! Gina couldnt believe I got off of the interstate to stand on a freakin corner for a minute!!

So, did you see the girl in the flatbed Ford? :cool2:

PrincessNana
08-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Born and raised in LaPorte, TX
Dad worked construction so we moved alot....
LaCoruna, Spain
Guatamala
St. Croix, VI
Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela

Got married
LaPorte, TX
Aransas Pass, TX

BigDaddyRog
08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
So, did you see the girl in the flatbed Ford? :cool2:

No, thank goodness...because Im sure she wouldnt have slowed down to take a look at me....she most likely would have floored it and ran me over!!:mad:

lisa8200
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Miami Fl fom 70-72 then to Lake Como Fl until 82ish. Lake Como is only about an hour from me now. Around 82 moved to St. augustine. I did move to Kingsport Tn for about three years in the late 90'sthen back to st. augustine.

ntsammy5
08-24-2008, 01:32 PM
I Gina couldnt believe I got off of the interstate to stand on a freakin corner for a minute!!

Rog, I'd be surprised if you DIDN'T take advantage of that opportunity! :rotfl:

Brer Bear
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Born in Kingsport, TN

Undergrad in Knoxville, TN for 4 years (GO VOLS!)

Pharmacy school in Memphis, TN for 4 years

Swore I would never be back....but I now reside and will probably push up daisies in...Kingsport, TN.

Kind of stuck in a rut, huh?:confused3

lisa8200
08-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Born in Kingsport, TN

Undergrad in Knoxville, TN for 4 years (GO VOLS!)

Pharmacy school in Memphis, TN for 4 years

Swore I would never be back....but I now reside and will probably push up daisies in...Kingsport, TN.

Kind of stuck in a rut, huh?:confused3

There are worse places to be in a rut.I used to love it up there, I just used to run with the wrong type of people. If you spend to much hanging out with the Ralph's crowd, eventually you find yourself thinking you either need to leave or get ready to have a stay in blountsville:rolleyes1 .Needlss to say, I headed back to Florida.

Born 2 Fish
03-26-2009, 09:44 AM
bump

fldisneyfamily
03-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Let's see if I can remember:

1968-1969 Baltimore, MD. (born then parents moved to FL.)

1969-1986 West Palm Beach, FL.

1986 was in San Antonio, TX. at Lackland AFB

1986-1990 was stationed at Charleston AFB, SC during that time I had ventures to Italy, Khartoum, Sudan & Seeb, Oman, & Nairobi, Kenya & the Azores
(I shoulda stayed in the AF because I would be retired already!!!)

1990-1993 I went back home to West Palm Beach, Fl.

1993-Present Cape Coral, FL

When my wife & I retire we will live in Lexington, VA and watch the cadets at VMI practice Drill. We are tired of Florida.

Doggmeat
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
born in miami

moved to ft lauderdale-- right after birth from what im told

moved to coral springs fl--when i was 12

in 89 moved to macon ga for 1 year--mercer university

back to coral springs--til 92

then to tallahassee---been here since

disney92
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Born and rasied in Long Island, New York.

Moved to Northeast Pa at 26 with my husband.

Would like to retire to somewhere warm like Fl.

PolynesianPixie
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Let's see if I can remember:

1968-1969 Baltimore, MD. (born then parents moved to FL.)

1969-1986 West Palm Beach, FL.

1986 was in San Antonio, TX. at Lackland AFB

1986-1990 was stationed at Charleston AFB, SC during that time I had ventures to Italy, Khartoum, Sudan & Seeb, Oman, & Nairobi, Kenya & the Azores
(I shoulda stayed in the AF because I would be retired already!!!)

1990-1993 I went back home to West Palm Beach, Fl.

1993-Present Cape Coral, FL

When my wife & I retire we will live in Lexington, VA and watch the cadets at VMI practice Drill. We are tired of Florida.

I'll trade places with you! :lmao:

It's nice up here in the Blue Ridge....I really do love it, but the cold is getting to me. I'd love some sunny Florida right about now!

Michelle GT
03-26-2009, 12:04 PM
1968-1990 born and raised Shirley, Long Island
1990-1993 East Meadow,Long Island
1993-1998 Wilmington,DE
1998-present Chalfont,PA (north of Philly)

I really like it in PA, but I think I would like to some day retire to a smaller house and spend my winter months at the Fort. My husband wants to work on one of the Disney boats when he retires.

Disney Campers
03-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Someone when thread fishing today...:thumbsup2 Not sure how I missed this originally.

Born and raised in the Grand Rapids Mi Area 1968
Phoenix Az 1990
Tampa Bay FL 1992

DaveInTN
03-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Glad this got bumped...it's a fun thread.

Born and raised in Chautauqua County, NY (southwest of Buffalo)
Gainesville, FL for school
Buffalo, NY
Richmond, VA (briefly for work)
Charlotte, NC (also briefly for work)
Got married and lived in Orchard Park, NY for 10 years (near Buffalo)
Have been in Franklin, TN for 6 years now, with no plans to leave. I don't know what took me so long to get here.

LuckyinGa
03-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Born and Raised in Da Bronx, NY
New City, NY (1972)
Hartsdale, NY (1980)
Boca Raton, FL (1982)
Various Florida Locations during these 17 years
Cumming, GA (1999)
Absolutely love Georgia. Our retirement goals are to Summer in the North Georgia Mountains and Winter in Florida.

Sgt Mickey
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I was born and raised outside of Buffalo
I left for the Air Force so was at Lackland for three years
Moved to Germany for a year.
Moved to New Jersey for three years.
Moved to Guam for two years.
moved to Alaska for three years and have curretnly lived in Va for two years.

des1954
03-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Absolutely love Georgia. Our retirement goals are to Summer in the North Georgia Mountains and Winter in Florida.

That was our goal. We actually owned an acre of property near Ellijay(Cherry Log) and sold it to purchase the place where we now live. We're real close to FtW without having to suffer the traffic problems. We figure when we actually retire for real, we'll summer in the MH at Track Rock Campground in Blairsville - if it's still there. Beautiful place for sure!!

3gr8kids
03-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Born, raised, and still living in Massachusetts but trying to convince DH to get me the h-e double hockey sticks OUTTA HERE!!

Eeyore'sthebest
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
This is a fun thread.

First 3 years in New Brunswick, NJ
Next 5 in Brookfield, CT
Then back to NJ, scenic Hunterdon County.
College in NJ, with a semester abroad in Brussels to break up the NJ stint.
Moved a few times over the year, all in NJ. I figure I'm stuck here. :sad2:

One day I'll move some place warm. I'm sick of cold weather.

LuckyinGa
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
That was our goal. We actually owned an acre of property near Ellijay(Cherry Log) and sold it to purchase the place where we now live. We're real close to FtW without having to suffer the traffic problems. We figure when we actually retire for real, we'll summer in the MH at Track Rock Campground in Blairsville - if it's still there. Beautiful place for sure!!

When we lived in Florida we used to vacation in Ellijay at a cabin on the Whitepath Golf Course. We love that area. We now own a deeded lot in a campground in Cleveland (9 miles out of Helen, 30 miles east of Blairsville) where we keep our motorhome.

We have a couple of condos in Bradenton, FL so we want to sell the house in Cumming, the condos in Bradenton and flip flop between Cleveland and Bradenton. I would love to own a deeded lot in Bradenton (http://www.holidaycoverv.com/home.htm) and no longer own any real estate!!

This is also a beautiful rv campground in the Georgia Mountains to check into: http://www.rvmountainvillage.com/

DaveInTN
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM
It is striking when reading this thread how many people, like myself, are originally from Buffalo, NY or the surrounding area and have left. I read once that if everyone from Buffalo had stayed there, it would be one of the 10 largest cities in the country.

allisophie
03-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Born Ft Jackson SC 63
64 Jersey City NJ, Lodi NJ, Dad went to Korea
65/67 Garfield NJ, Dunmore Pa, (lived w grandparents too)
66 67 Dad went toViet Nam mom stayed in Hawaii for 6 months, moved to Glen Ridge NJ w grandparents, summered in Maine and CT w family.

68 Fort Benning Ga.
69 70 Back to Jersey City NJ and Glen Ridge NJ dad in Nam,again
71 Lake Charles LA
72 76 Bridgeton MO(Record Center), Lansing MI,Green Bay Wisc(dad taught college so lived there for 6 months each time)
76 Glen Ridge NJ, Fall of 76 moved to Gmund Germany(off base waiting for qtrs)
77 79 Grafenwhor Germany, military housing, went to high school in Nurnburg
lived in the dorm for a year :thumbsup2
80 Maryland Heights Mo dad retired at Records Center
86 St Charles MO

been here ever since, good thing DH loves to travel,

mrsscooter
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
This is pretty cool to see where everyone has lived. Lets see.....

CT. 72 -99 Middletown/New London/Groton (grew up/married/sea duty/shore duty)

VA. 99 -2004 Virginia Beach (hubby back to sea duty)

CT. 2004 - present Norwich (hubby back to shore duty and then retirement)

hopeisb4u
03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
75-84 Lakeland, FL
1/2 of 85 Auburndale, FL
85-2009 Lakeland, FL

hmmm....but in those 2 cities I have lived in 24 different place.
we've been in our current home for 7 years, and i'm only 33.

talk about moving a lot...even if it is within 20 miles!!

Tnbob
03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Raised in Pennington, NJ
Married moved to Ringoes NJ
Built a house moved to West Amwell, Lambertville, NJ
Changed Jobs (same company) moved to Franklin, TN
Bought house moved to Thompson Station, TN
Moved to Mt. Pleasant, TN where I sit waiting for my next trip to Fort Wilderness:)

des1954
03-27-2009, 08:35 AM
It is striking when reading this thread how many people, like myself, are originally from Buffalo, NY or the surrounding area and have left. I read once that if everyone from Buffalo had stayed there, it would be one of the 10 largest cities in the country.

I was thinking that same thing! Sarasota/Bradenton, Fl has lots of people who moved there from Buffalo - or at least winter there. I know of at least 7 of my high-school classmates that live in that area. A guy I work with at THD came from my home town of North Tonawanda. I found out his cousin & I were good friends in high-school. Talk about a small world!!

The oddest "Buffalo" thing that ever happened to me was in 1991 when Tampa was hosting Super Bowl XXV - Giants vs. Bills. I worked in downtown Tampa at the time & was out getting some lunch, when all of a sudden I see someone frantically waiving at me & hollering my (maiden) name. I had no idea who he was! He made a bee-line for me, and said "It's me, Debbie! Mike XXXXXX!" That was 20 years after we graduated! Yes, it is a small world!

Memph1s
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Born and raised in Memphis, TN, moved to Tarpon Springs, FL in 84 and to our current home in Palm Harbor, FL in 85. Hope to get back to TN one of these days but want to be near the mountains of east TN.

Judy40
03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
grew up in Derby,NY (15 min south of Buffalo)...Go Buffalo!:banana:
Moved to Santa Clara, CA:cool2:
then to San Jose, CA
then to Vermont for good we hope! that all depends on IBM!:dance3:

Always wanted to live in Long Lake, NY central Adirondacks

4mickey2
03-29-2009, 07:57 AM
born and raised in Wisconsin... but, about once or twice a year we live in orlando at fort wilderness for about 1-2 weeks.. i really think that should count. :cool2:

2goofycampers
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
bump

Just Beachy
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Raised in Pennington, NJ
Married moved to Ringoes NJ
Built a house moved to West Amwell, Lambertville, NJ
Changed Jobs (same company) moved to Franklin, TN
Bought house moved to Thompson Station, TN
Moved to Mt. Pleasant, TN where I sit waiting for my next trip to Fort Wilderness:)

I'm a central Jersey girl!!! :thumbsup2

campingdawgs
07-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Born and raised in Marietta, GA
College in Athens, GA
Moved to Jackson,MS for DH's job
Moved out of Jackson,MS as soon as possible to Macon,GA
Back to Athens, GA
Been in Acworth, GA ever since

Minnie&Mickey
07-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Born in Portland, Maine.
Moved to Westerville, Ohio at the age of three.
Moved to Alpine, New Jersey just before third grade.
Moved to Atlanta, Georgia just before my senior year of high school (...mean parents...LOL! Who does that to their child???:confused3)
Moved to Stone Mountain, Georgia when I got married.
Then moved to Conyers, Georgia where I have lived for almost 20 years.

robin09
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Born in Bklyn Ny 1958
Moved to Fort Lauderdale Fla for 6 months 1976
Back to Brooklyn 1977
Moved to Staten Island 1990
Moved upstate Ny 1998
thinking about moving south, hate the winters here, but love the summers!:goodvibes

Stinkerbell1973
07-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Born in Decatur, GA
Tucker, GA - 0 yrs to 3yrs old
Clarkston, GA - 3 yrs to 17 yrs old
Stone Mountain, GA - 17 yrs to 24yrs old
Jackson, TN - 24 yrs to 27yrs old (moved for hubby's job)
Dallas, GA - 27 yrs to present (36yrs young)!

LORNADUCK
07-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Go Brooklyn!!!!!
Born in the Bronx till 2
Moved to Brooklyn until 13
Moved to Little Neck Queens until 16
Moved to Forest Hills, Queens until 21
Moved back to Brooklyn because I went back every weekend for 8 years.
Moved back to Forest Hills, for a short time.
Moved to the Castskill Mts. was just supposed to be for the summer to work in resort hotel, didn't leave at the end of the summer, changed hotel which I lived and worked in, met my DH at the Granit Hotel.
Moved to Sarasota, FL, he got a job in Okeechobee, FL what is a girl from New York do in a city I couldn't even spell.
Moved back to NY, never wanted to see FL again.
But the winters were cold and we owned a Golf Course, not much to do there in the winter.
Started being a snow bird @ 29yrs old, Catskill Mts (High Fall NY a great little town) in winter, Sarasota FL in our MH for the winter.
Then came the baby carriage had to make a choice SNOW or SUN what would u do?
Sarasota full time here we come, stayed for 7 years.
Moved to Riverview 15 years ago, I will love to be a snow bird again, but will never be able to retire, guess I'm glad we did it when we were young.

dato63
07-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I was born in San Diego, CA
moved to Oahu, Hawaii when I was 1
When I was 4 moved to Wilmington, California
at 6 moved to Tampa, Florida (got to go to the opening of WDW in 1971)
At 8 moved to Pensacola florida
At 10 moved back to Oahu, Hawaii
At 14 moved back to Pensacola, Florida (father retired from Navy)
At 16 was shipped to grandparents in Concord, CA
At 17 was shipped to father in Houston, TX and have been here since (29 years and counting)

*Michele*
07-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Columbia City, IN
Indianapolis, IN
Key West, FL
Tampa, FL
Flagstaff, AZ
(then back to Tampa then Key West)
Natchez, MS
Jupiter, FL
Ketchikan, AK
Havelock, NC
Savannah, GA

Some moves were just youthful wanderlust, others I've been lucky enough to see the states on the Coast Guard's dime, lol!

drafthorsecrazy
07-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Northern Ohio my entire life. Moved 4 times in 50 yrs....never farther than 5 miles. When I climb the ridge behind my home I can see the road my great, great, grandfather built when he immigrated here from Germany. (The rock and stone was hand mined from a hillside at the edge of my property.)

P.I. Squirrel
08-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Let's see.

Atlanta, GA
Virginia Beach, VA
back to ATL
Orlando, FL
Long Beach, MS
Slidell, LA
back to ATL

don't think I will move again, but if I did, it would be back to Orlando. :wizard:

lawnspecialties
08-02-2009, 07:02 AM
I've lived within 20 miles of Raleigh, NC my entire 42 years. :thumbsup2

Lilacs chosen
08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I was born in Clearfield, Pa when I was 13 we moved to Toccoa GA only lasted 8 months my parents got home sick so we moved back in pa when I was 18 I moved to Nashville, TN only stayed 3 months went back to PA at 25 moved to Randolph NY stayed 3 years then my ex wanted to move back to PA now here I am almost 40 this year and getting ready for another move To Southlake Texas where my fiance lives will be moving in 2 weeks.:love::woohoo: