PDA

View Full Version : One thing you MUST take on a Cruise???

Kari R
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
What is the ONE thing you have to take on every cruise with you?? The one thing that you couldn't have lived without??

We have a 7 day cruise planned for the end of September and are trying to our ducks in a row!! :)

alwayslisad
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
The cost of meds on the ship is crazy - so I was very glad to have advil / pepcid / dramamine and sun screen all from home - some people were having to buy these in the stores and were SHOCKED at the cost.....

as for what ONE thing I must bring on the Cruise - my alarm clock

castlegazer
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Bathing suit.

jnadelman
08-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Passport and credit card. With those you can buy anything you forget and you can get back into the country.

NancyIL
08-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Passport and credit card. With those you can buy anything you forget and you can get back into the country.

Exactly my thoughts! The things you might have to buy could cost a lot, but at least you'll be able to buy them.

plutojudy
08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
My husband!

jnadelman
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
My husband!

Funny you say that. I was initially going to say not to forget the kids. But then I thought, cool, going on a Disney without the kids. Now that's a vacation!

nzdisneymom
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Comfortable shoes.

TheDisneyGirl02
08-20-2008, 10:48 AM
What is the ONE thing you have to take on every cruise with you?? The one thing that you couldn't have lived without??

We have a 7 day cruise planned for the end of September and are trying to our ducks in a row!! :)

Are you sailing on September 27 on the Magic? If so, come and join our Double Dip Delight group on the Cruise Meets thread! We're a fun bunch!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1874387

This is my first Disney Cruise so I'm interested in people's answers also. :)

Anal Annie
08-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Various SPF sunscreens, hats or visors, eyeglass/sunglass strap (although you CAN get those on CC), extra batteries for cameras etc. (VERY expensive on the ship), nightlight (Target 99 cents), battery operated digital alarm clock ($3.99 at Target), assortment of meds, var. sizes of ziplock bags, pack of clorox wipes to wipe out the drawers before using them, a good book, dramamine (just in case) and an extra duffle bag to use on the way home for either souvies or dirty laundry!

HoosierFrog
08-20-2008, 11:00 AM
The one item I've seen others mention (and regret when they didn't bring it) was the over the door shoe organizer.

Anal Annie
08-20-2008, 11:13 AM
The one item I've seen others mention (and regret when they didn't bring it) was the over the door shoe organizer.

We took one this time...used it on one of the bathroom doors. It came in handy I guess...not sure I would call it a necessity tho...I really only put sunscreens & lotions in it...:confused3 Everything else fit into the bathrooms on the shelves or stayed in the shower/tub...

TanaL
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
camera & camcorder - there are so many great photo ops.

drag n' fly
08-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Trip Insurance:thumbsup2

jnadelman
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
If you bring a digital camera, don't for the battery charger, and possibly an extra memory card if you fill up or lose the first one.

kcashner
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Some thoughts....make a xerox copy of the first page of your passport (you can get 4 people's on one page) and put it in a safe place. In an emergency, it helps to replace a lost or stolen passport.

Do try to bring sunscreen, advil, sunglasses, visor or hat. The gift shops have limited quantities and limited varieties at high prices. We didn't need an alarm clock--the ship has an easy to use wake up call system...and MICKEY calls you!

The shoe holder is a great idea--we put cameras, sunscreen, etc. in ours--all the stuff that was used by multiple people! An extra memory card for the camera. Comfy shoes.....an extra swimsuit....quart size ziplock bags. One bigger bag to hold any wet swimsuits that have to be packed on the last day.

I have a piece of luggage by Totes....it folds up to literally the size of a 6X8 inch mailing envelope. It becomes our "dirty clothes" bag for "anything that cannot be worn again without washing." It travels home as a suitcase and is dumped in the laundry room at home. I am specific about what goes in it because DD can wear a pair of shorts for an hour and then change--these are not dirty and can be reworn.

Disneyholic
08-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Power strip for plugging in all the things that need to be recharged. There aren't enough outlets in the cabins from what I understand.

nokidz
08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
yourself..........

Magic3forme
08-20-2008, 01:12 PM
cell phone charger.

WDWLVR
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
My husband!

That would be my answer too! :) The passport and credit cards would also be needed.

crushonjessica
08-20-2008, 05:20 PM
It may sound silly, but my own pillow. My mom always told me whenever I go someplace overnight to bring my own pillow and it has stuck.

Mom24Princesses
08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
a small electric fan with an extra extension cord

seadooken
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM
A bungee cord if you have connecting rooms. A digital clock radio.

Dont forget to LEAVE your cell phone in the car. Youre on vacation and need to forget about the real world for a week!:lmao:

Funnygirl2004
08-20-2008, 11:30 PM
lots of good suggestions - but here are my top few. . .

Over the door, clear pocket shoe organizer

Several memory cards for digital cameras - change them often and don't leave together, we lost our camera with one mega card & all photos :headache:

meds, sunscreen, ziploc bags, extra water bottles

EXTENSION CORD!~!~ my cpap machine couldn't reach the ONE outlet that it would work in!

tinapomp
08-20-2008, 11:47 PM
A bungee cord if you have connecting rooms. A digital clock radio.

Dont forget to LEAVE your cell phone in the car. Youre on vacation and need to forget about the real world for a week!:lmao:

What's the bungee cord for?

ols386
08-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Take a power strip and extension cord. There aren't very many electrical outlets in the cabins. We used these for cam corder & cell phone recharging, laptop computer, and portable dvd player.

seadooken
08-21-2008, 01:01 PM
The adjoining room doors have automatic closers. The bungee cord does a great job of keeping them open.

Johnna_Story
08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Ziplocs, ziplocs, and more ziplocs - gallon size is essential, quart size too if you can bring both. You have no idea how handy they are for a multitude of reasons, only some of which are:

- bringing snacks/sandwiches on-shore
- anything wet on the last day
- open bottles that never seem to stay closed
- make an ice pack for a minor injury/aches/pains

I always have some in my suitcase - even if I'm just going somewhere overnight! And I always wind up with some reason to use one.

needabreaknow
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
If you have a baby:
Desitin: The Balmex that Disney sells is ineffective and did nothing for my baby when his diaper rash appeared overnight and was blistered! Poor little bootie.

Hydrocortisone cream...Works for really freaking severe baby rash, and any bug bites and miscellaneous allergies that may arise.

Baby tylenol, baby ibuprophen, baby benedryl...just in case:)

For adults:
Immodium: Sometimes the water, disney food, florida air, or something just doesn't agree with you!

Baby power: I'm prone to heat rash

Bodyglide: it's anti blister and chaffing and comes in a deodorant tube type container. It has helped my hubby's feet so much after years of vacationing in pain.Buy it at Dick's in the foot department.

Fan: Drowns out the noise of other guests or snoring, etc. if needed.

Forever42
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
It may sound silly, but my own pillow. My mom always told me whenever I go someplace overnight to bring my own pillow and it has stuck.

Oh, believe me, I am as well this time around! I sleep with a body pillow at home and I'm not comfortable without one. On my first cruise I didn't sleep at ALL and I couldn't wait to disembark and drive home to bed!

So I'll have a duffel bag just for my body pillow and quilt :rolleyes: