PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who were going to Costa Maya but are now going to Grand Cayman.....

colbybug
08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
May I just say right off the bat....what a bummer! We've been to Grand Cayman and were really looking forward to going back to Costa Maya....oh well...I didn't mean to vent, however, the change of plans does appear to present a problem....DCL says that we will be there from 11:00 to 4:30 that is NOT long enough to really do anything besides Seven Mile beach. The majority of the tours leave earlier than that and definitely return earlier so they can make the last tender time. UG! Does anyone that might be in the same boat (pun totally intended ;) ) have any good suggestions? I REALLY wanted to do Stingray City and Rum Point but I don't see how in the amount of time we have on the island.

Thanks,
Kathy

Grandma4ever
08-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Sorry I can't be of help as I am on the 9/27 cruise and it is our 1st day at Castaway that is effected not our day on Grand Caymen. I would hope that DCL will create a number of excrusion that will work in the time you have allotted. It really is a bummer.

LindaBabe
08-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Call Native Way. http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/ We had very good luck with them.

nzdisneymom
08-20-2008, 07:10 AM
This might be a time when you just go ahead and book an excursion through DCL so that you don't have the worries of making it back to tender on time.

We were at Grand Cayman with DCL in Dec. 2005 and did the Island Historic tour that went to Hell, the Turtle Farm, and Stingray City. But if i remember right, our excursion started a bit earlier than 11:00...

We are on the Christmas Cruise and got the change from Costa Maya to Grand Cayman -- and we were actually glad about it as when we were at GC before, we didn't do any shopping / looking around right at the port area and wished we had. That's all we'll do this time.

HFC1969
08-20-2008, 07:52 AM
We are on the Christmas Cruise .

Well we will see you there... 120 days and counting I think..:cool1:

I think my DW is doing back flips since we won't get to swim with the StingRays... pirate:

I do believe we are going to book thru DCL for that day also... Hate to have to rent a boat to catch up...:rotfl2:

colbybug
08-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion LindaBabe unfortunately I already tried Nativeways and they said there was not a tour that would fit in that time schedule! Aaaargh! That is my exact frustration! Sounds like we might just end up at Seven Mile beach. Since we already have three other beach days, I wanted to do something different in Grand Cayman. Oh well. I'll keep looking....any more suggestions within that 11:00 to 4:00 time frame?

Kathy

meegster
08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
This will be our second time back to Grand Cayman - we had hoped for Costa Maya too! With such a short amount of time, we'll probably get off to get Turtle Soup for my dad (he had to settle for Conch Chowder last time) and enjoy an empty ship! We'll do other things in other ports.

alikat99
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
We're on the Christmas cruise too, and our plans are to book through DCL. Usually I book my own excursions, but with such a short time offshore, i don't want to take ANY chances of not making a tender back.

colbybug
08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Anyone else have their itinerary changed to GC? What are your plans given the short day? I need ideas.....:scratchin

Kathy