PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach - Night before Cruise

KT27
08-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Has anyone stayed at Vero Beach the night before the cruise? I see its about one hr 15 min away from Port Canaveral. Just wondering if we should use the points or just book a local hotel. Thanks!

nzdisneymom
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
We haven't stayed at Vero before a cruise, but we have stayed at Vero and it's really nice there. As for saving the points and staying local, it's really up to you -- but if it were me and I had the cash to stay locally, that's what I would do - just so I wouldn't have to worry about car trouble or traffic on embarkation day.

I know some folks stay at Vero post-cruise to have a couple of extra vacation days and extend that cruise-feeling.

WDWLVR
08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
We stayed at Vero before our December '04 cruise and really enjoyed it. The resort is really beautiful and the drive up to the port was nice and easy. We did an Ocean View Inn Room and it was great to wake up in the morning and look out at the ocean and get ready for our cruise.

We've also stayed at WDW before the cruise and also in the port area. They all worked great. As long as we are in the state the day before we are happy.

DisneyMama27
08-19-2008, 06:06 PM
We're staying at Vero Beach the night before our cruise in Dec. Never been there, but have been dying to since joining DVC. We were wanting the Disney experience w/o being in the parks for those few days before Christmas. (We did Disneyworld Christmas last year - awesome, but busy!) Seemed like the right time to go check it out! :goodvibes