PDA

View Full Version : leaving tomorrow...have questions..

scriv2
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Hello All,
Leaving tomorrow for Universal studios (hopefully with the weather), then Disney cruise on Sunday. So excited that it is finally here!! Have last minute questions:

My son received disney dollars for his birthday, can he use these to purchase items in the shops?
If we want to bring water on board, do we just bring on the case of water with our luggage? :confused3

Thanks!

disneygirl1972
08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
You will have to apply the Disney dollars to your OBC, as the ship is a "no cash" environment. Enjoy

SLK1
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm sure you know about the weather here in Orlando. Schools are closed due to Tropical Storm Fay, but I believe the parks will be open. Just set your expectations up for bad weather.

You can't use Disney Dollars on the cruise - they only accept your Key To The World card for purchases at shops.

scriv2
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info... One more thing, the store on Castaway Cay or the cabana massage I booked- do I bring money for a tip or purchasing something, or do I charge back to the room?

SLK1
08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Everything gets charged to your room. You will only use cash if get off the ship at the ports.

disneypoor
08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
You'll charge back to your onboard account. I always have my kids put their disney dollars on our account at guest services, and then they get to use their KTTW card to buy what they want on the ship. I just make certain they either tell me what they're buying and how much it is before they actually buy it or they have me go with them to the shops. My DS is easy--he blows his on video games in the arcade. Seems like a total waste to me, but then I'm sure that if he really understood, he would think Konk Koolers were a total waste too.:lmao:

SLK1
08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I think you can set a limit on your children's Key To The World cards - either that or prohibit it completely. Ask at Guest Services and they will take care of it.

SnowWhite2
08-18-2008, 10:27 PM
You cannot set a limit on a KTTW card. The card either has charging privledges or it has none.

sandym
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Hello All,
Leaving tomorrow for Universal studios (hopefully with the weather), then Disney cruise on Sunday. So excited that it is finally here!! Have last minute questions:

My son received disney dollars for his birthday, can he use these to purchase items in the shops?
If we want to bring water on board, do we just bring on the case of water with our luggage? :confused3

Thanks!

Travel safe! Hope to see you onboard on Sunday:banana:

Belle de la Bois
08-20-2008, 02:10 AM

Thanks!

I hope the weather cooperates...I also hope you read this post before you board the ship.

We were on the Wonder 8/10-8/14. The day before I went shopping and bought a flat of 12 1/2-liter bottles of water. I slapped my luggage tag on it and didn't see it again until I went into my stateroom later Sunday afternoon. It was there with my suitcase.

So, yes, you can bring water onboard.

Have a great time. Make sure to eat lots of chocolate chip cookies on CC and enjoy the Drink of the Day everyday! Life is too short to pass up either of these indulgences. :)