PDA

View Full Version : Help with making T-shirts for the cruise

crissichef
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know how to print out a logo to make sure it will be right when you iron-on the transfer? Also - do you use regular ink in the printer?

Has anyone used the transfer paper from BJ's?

Thanks for your help!

Crissi

SoCalDCLfan
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
we did family t-shirts for our mexican riviera cruise. but instead of printing iron-ons, i created them online at zazzle.com. they are licensed by disney to make custom t-shirts with disney artwork. it was really easy to do and not that expensive - i think we paid about $14 a shirt. we loved them. had lots of people on the first day of the cruise ask where i had them done

SoCalDCLfan
08-18-2008, 10:19 PM
sorry, i didn't exactly answer your question. if you do iron-ons, there should be printing instructions in the box of iron-ons. there are different instructions for light fabric iron-ons (which I think are reverse printed), vs. dark fabric iron-ons (which print regularly). you can switch the print (reverse vs. regular) in the print screen on your pc. and you can print them directly from your ink-jet printer. Avery makes iron-on printer sheets. you could probably find instructions on the their website. hope that helps

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 10:26 PM
You have to REVERSE the print. After you design the logo you want, especially if there is wording, you have to tell the computer to flip the view. So you need to be looking at it backwards. And if you held it up to a mirror, then it would be the right way. Does that make sense?

Sorry if I confused you...lol

Yes, you use regular ink. Yes I have used the printer transfer paper from Sams Club (like BJ's).

TiggerzFan
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
If you go over to the Creative DISers board, there is a great thread with step-by-step instructions for iron-ons. Good Luck!

crissichef
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
If you go over to the Creative DISers board, there is a great thread with step-by-step instructions for iron-ons. Good Luck!

That's where I was and didn't find anything.......thanks !

Crissi

gummyvites
08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I've done this before... if you use a PC (not sure about Macs) what you need to do is design your transfer first. Then when you get ready to print, select "printer properties." Somewhere within that menu you should be able to choose "reverse print" or "print transfer" or some such item. On mine you select paper types and click on t-shirt transfer. Make sure to print a practice copy on regular paper. The image and wording should be reversed (like looking in a mirror). You shouldn't need any special ink.

Now, with all that said, I made some gorgeous t-shirts with a cute logo on the front and family photos all over the backs. They looked soooooooo good. That is, BEFORE I washed them. Then the photos on the back crinkled and craacked and flaked off. Absolutely heartbreaking! :sad2: The simple logo and words on the front looked fine. So, I don't know if it's because they were photos and took so much ink, or what. But I was out hours of work, money, etc. Plus, just the major disappointment of them turning out so bad when they had looked so good just before washing. So, keep it simple, and be careful when washing them. Yes, I turned them inside out and washed them in cold... I don't know what the problem was.

I like the previous poster's idea of designing them on that website. More expensive, but much less headache.

This past year I made the Mickey tie-dye shirts off of the creative dissigns page and they turned out great. No transfers needed! :banana: But still a lot of work!!!

Karen :cloud9:

gummyvites
08-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh, yeah, I should add that I used Avery transfers.

Also, Disneyshopping.com does personalized t-shirts, too.

Karen