PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast changes?

mmackeymouse
08-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Okay, so I know that recently, a change was made to the character breakfasts, so that the characters get up and dance with the kids, rather than visit tables.

But, I read in a recent TR, from July, of someone mentioning their character breakfast and that they circulated the tables as usual.

Do you think this was a just a rare occurence, or do you think they are going to go back to the old CB?

mmackeymouse
10-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Bump to anyone who has been on a recent cruise...

gummyvites
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM
When we traveled in May, they did the "Island Jamboree" dance thing instead of circulating the tables. That was fine with us, since we had a CB booked at WDW after the cruise. We found the dance party sort of fun, but we were at a table right next to where they were dancing. If you were out on the edges, it would have been sort of sad.

Sometime during the summer I started reading on DIS that they had gone back to the more traditional character breakfast where they circulate through the tables for photos. I think that is what they are doing now, but I'm sure someone else can pipe in here and confirm that.

Karen :cloud9:

tink,too
10-01-2008, 02:17 PM
subbing and giving the thread a little *bump* :)

domjans
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
ok

drsg
10-02-2008, 10:54 AM
another bump...

acdesousa
10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Off topic a bit but when is the breakfasts in a 7 day western?

disneyfaninaz
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
You are assigned a Charcter Breakfast day. Your character breakfast is scheduled for the first sea day morning (and Key West on Western) after your first visit to Animator's Palate. For instance, if you eat at AP Saturday night, you would have your character breakfast on Sunday in Parrot Cay. 8:00 AM for Main Dining and second seating around 9:30 AM. Sunday in AP, breakfast Monday, and Wednesday AP, breakfast on Thursday.

lbgraves
10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
This is the email that I got from DCL when I wrote to confirm that the CB had returned to the original format of meet and greet.

6/11/08

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for booking another Disney Cruise Line Vacation!

I would be happy to provide information regarding the Character
Breakfast offered on the ship.

Yes, the Character Breakfast is now back to being a traditional table
meet & greet experience versus dancing and playing activities with the
characters. This change allows Mickey & the Gang to once again go around
the dining room, sign autographs, and take pictures with Guests. Have
Kaitlyn get her towel ready!

I hope this information has been helpful for making plans for your
upcoming Panama Canal cruise. If you require further assistance in
planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you in August! Have a Magical Day!