The Cast

Jackie - Chief planner of this trip and chief spender of the $$$$$

Brian - Supplier of the $$$$$, Driver and chief Bud light drinker

Molly - Age 8 - not so keen on the fast rides and loves Pokemon

Lewis - age 6 - cheeky Monkey and hates shopping

John (my dad) - tags on at the end and generally does as he is told

Toni (my mum) - loves Disney but found July a bit too hot

17th July

Having been late last night we let the kids sleep till 9 – well we were on holiday !!!!!!! I sat in peace having by breakfast by the pool with not another sole about – fantastic.
We were all ready to leave by 10 ish and decided to go to the Boardwalk and have a go on the Surrey bikes. This has come a bit of a tradition over the years and the kids love it – not sure about my poor legs. The kids are still not tall enough to peddle so we have 2 kids yelling faster and my poor mum and dad perspiring in places they never knew they could!! Round the Boardwalk we go with the kids waving at passers by and ringing the bell.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/IMG_4264.jpg
We were all happy to hand back the bike and headed to the store at Boardwalk to take full advantage of the air conditioning and buy a drink. We bought some pretzels and Coke and had a seat on the Boardwalk before deciding to head to DTD.

We reached DTD and had a look around a couple of shops before we decided on Earl of Sandwich for lunch – which was delicious as usual. The kids decided they wanted to go to Disney Quest so I was dragged off there!!!

I have only been to Disney Quest once before and am not a fan of the place. It was very busy and noisy and dark. The kids played on the arcade machines and DH was in his element playing pac man ,frogger and donkey kong. There was massive queues for the bigger rides so the kids didn’t want to wait. We must have been in there an hour or so before I persuaded them to escape to the light again.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/IMG_4273.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/IMG_4276.jpg

Next stop was Virgin megastore which was the only shop that everyone was happy to be in. The kids headed for the DVD section first. Molly wanted ET as she had never seen it and fell in love with ET at Univesal. We managaed to find that for $10 along with another 3 Pokemon DVDs. We then headed to the games section where they got some covers and pens for there DS and I bought Guitar Hero for my DS – which I am rubbish at!

After we finished there we headed back to DTD via Pleasure Island and the Harley Davidson store

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/IMG_4278.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/JackieRobson/IMG_4280.jpg

The kids wanted a seat and a drink at DTD so DH sat with them while I had another look about in the shops – I kept going back to the Pearl Factory and watching everyone opening the oysters but didn’t get one that day.

When I caught up with DH and the kids they were standing speaking to my BF Sally and her family who had arrived yesterday. We had a laugh as it was typical we met at the shops of all places.

We said our goodbyes and headed off back to the villa – none of us were hungry so we picked up some Chicken and salad and had a lovely evening just sitting and chilling – this has taken me 14 trips to even think of sitting doing nothing when WDW is only 5 minutes down the road but I am getting there

Pinky166
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Sounds like a lovely chilled out day. I guess that is one of the benefits of going for 3 weeks you can take your time as there is not quite so much of a rush to do everything. :goodvibes

Love the piccie of you all on the Surrey bike, it brought a tear to my eye as it brought back great memories of when I was about 5 and had my poor nan & grandad (who are no longer with us) peddling me around Great Yarmouth and I used to shout faster at them....just like your sweet DD. :cutie:

jjk
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
another lovely day, I too struggle with disney quest i can manage about an hour but it is always such hard work convincing my boys to leave. :rolleyes:

Cyrano
08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
The idea of a chilling day looks and sounds great :thumbsup2

tennisfan
08-19-2008, 04:36 AM
A nice relaxing day shopping:thumbsup2 . Lovely photos:goodvibes

Minniespal
08-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Another fantastic day:cool1:

Snowy-girls
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Another great day Jackie :thumbsup2 .Love the pics.x.

natalielongstaff
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
:lmao: we have those Harley Davidson photos !

jockey
08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Great day, I also find it hard to take time out to chill :)

wicket2005
08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Lovely relaxing day though I share your sentiments on DisneyQuest.:)

arieljasmine
08-21-2008, 04:49 AM
I have that same problem with just chilling out, it will be interesting next year when we take bump for the first time and I have to slow down!

Laur's princess:

Latte Lover
08-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Really enjoying your reports, Jackie.:goodvibes

irongirlof12
08-24-2008, 02:55 AM
nice relaxing day :cool2:

The Fetherstons
08-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Another nice day Jackie:thumbsup2

Lizzybear
08-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Great day, the bikes on the Boardwalk look like fun would like to try them next time :)

florida sun
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Another lovely day Jackie:goodvibes

Ware Bears
09-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Those bikes look great fun! :thumbsup2

mark&sue
09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
We always do the Surrey Bikes too as Mark loves them. I get really scared going down the hill. I really don't like Disney Quest, makes me feel queezy.

nice chilling end to your day.

Susan