PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your pirate costumes?

MommyMinnie
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
pirate: Where do you get your pirate costumes?

tinapomp
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I just wear the bandanna they give you, and that's about it. LOL

jiminyC_fan
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
We just decided on a color scheme and went shopping on our own. We bought clothes that we could wear again not costumes.

bobbi565
08-18-2008, 02:57 PM
We got ours at buypiratecostumes.com for the adults and DS was a crazy Little Tykes clearance sale for something like 1.99!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/bobbi565/Disney%20Cruise%2008/PirateMickey.jpg

DH was a bit annoyed that we were some of the only adults dressed up to this degree (I saw fewer than 1/2 dozen couples in the dining room in full costume) but DID enjoy all the special attention we got from CMs because of it!

Risnsun
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
We got df outfit at costumecraze.com And I found some clothes at Tj maxx that look piraty. We also went to birthday express to get glow in the dark pirate swords and I bought a pirate hat from amazon. All for under 30.00

ThePurpleMorphy
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I think you know already MommieMinnie :rotfl2:
Home Sewn

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Nope, no pirates here. This house is full of princesses. ;)

Mickey_loves_Minnie
08-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Me too. pirate:

HoosierFrog
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM

For our first four day cruise, I think this is all I am going to do since I've heard not as many people get into dressing up for pirate night. WHEN (not if) we take a 7 day cruise, then I'll plan to dress-up. As mentioned by a PP about her DH, I don't like to stick out and don't want to be one of a handful of people who are dressed for the occassion.

I did search MSN and the best place I found was www.buypiratecostumes.com. Be careful if you are shopping for the Sparrow outfit to read the description...what is pictured may not be what is listed. I believe the hat and boot covers need to be purchased separately. I don't think it's not the sites fault, I believe it is more the manufacturer's deception.

Happy shopping and/or sewing.

SILLYANDI
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I shopped the Kohl's Clearance aisle for my outfit & DD#1, bought DS jack sparrow from Disney Outlet for under $10 and ordered DD#2 & 3 from ebay (#2 HAD to have the Elizabeth Swann wedding dress from ENGLAND!). Made DH a T-shirt with some catchy pirate phrase like "surender your booty" because he wouldn't dress up.

I'll have to dig up the pictures.

Coach Rick
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Bought ours from www.dresslikeapirate.com Have bought from her twice now. Awesome quality, and quick service....

In fact my youngest DD was in a play, "Lady Pirates of Captain Bree" and we bought her costume there (doubles for the cruise) and the director was thrilled with it....(only one to actually look like a priate - :) )

LCTsMom
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/pirate/2.gifWe buy some of our stuff from www.buycostumes.com and cool accessories and pirate goodies from http://www.deadmentellnotales.com/