PDA

View Full Version : Christine & Andrew 09/03/09 WP/WHR, Guest photos

auntpunkin
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I think it's time I begin...I've been reading everyone else's wedding plans for a couple of months now and thank you all for sharing, this is an extraordinary group of friends here!

ABOUT US:

I am Chris and my fiance is Andy. I met him while I was working and we have been together for a little over 5 years now. :love: :love:

I had never been to Disney World before I met Andy but his family is all about Disney. Before we even started dating Andy told me "Someday I'm going to take you to Disney World!" 5 years later we've been to Disney World 6 times and we leave in two weeks for our 7th! :banana:

I remember the 1st time I walked down main street. I was in AWE! Andy, who has been to Disney so many times he can't count, was dragging me by the hand to Space Mountain. He wanted to run, show me everything and ride everything but I was barely moving, just trying to believe what I was seeing.

THE ENGAGEMENT:

Andy can't keep a secret. He bought my engagement ring in December of 2006. We were going to a wedding in Key West, then over to Disney for a week in January and he planned to propose in Disney. I had no clue about the proposal. However, after having the ring less than 24 hours, he got on his knees and asked me. I was so shocked that he had to ask me if I was going to answer. I still couldn't speak, I just started hugging him. He finally got a "YES!" out of me though.

His whole family was in the other room, so he said, "Lets go tell them." They all knew what he was about to do so they were waiting. When we walked out, it was obvious from their faces that they knew. I ran up to Andy's mom and started hugging her and bawling. Then I couldn't stop crying! It's funny how you envision what you'll say and do, then it all falls apart when you get taken off guard.

I started planning right away, looking around here, in Michigan for where this wedding was going to take place. After several months of that I gave up; nothing felt 'right'. Then, in February of 2008, we went to Disney World. We were headed over to the Contemporary on the monorail for a dining reservation. We were over an hour early and just passing the Wedding Pavillion. I told Andy we should get off at the Grand Floridian and go look at the Wedding Pavillion, just to kill time.

In the GF I asked someone if the WP was open and could we go look. I was told it was locked but we could walk up to the gates and see from there. So we walked over. The gate was open ?? and nobody was around. So we walked up to the doors of the WP. We were peering in when Andy tried the door. It was also open so of course we went inside. OMG! That feeling they say you get when you try on the 'right' wedding dress, I had that inside the WP. I knew instantly that I was going to start the wedding planning again and I was getting married at Disney World.

I lost track of Andy for a couple moments and when I saw him, he was standing at the big window overlooking the castle. He turned toward me and I knew from the way he looked at me he was thinking the same thing. Later that night I heard him talking on the phone to his mother. Now, Andy is not sentimental, emotional or in any way 'touchy feely' but he is just spilling over to his mother about the WP. Of course she agreed because Walt Disney is considered a relative in their house.

OUR WEDDING:

We are getting married September 3, 2009 at the WP, with a reception in the Whitehall Room and a pre-reception on the patio. We think that we will have 50-60 guests.

I want to do a fall theme with deep burgundy, burnt orange and gold.

I have a long way to go in the planning and a million questions but I know I'm in the right place! :)

padisneyfour
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
welcome and congrats.... looking forward to hearing more of your plans. Your color choices sound beautiful! Very Vibrant!:goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Welcome and congratulations!!!! :cheer2:

You're having the same wedding as me, well venues anyway.

You're definately in the right place for planning ideas and inspiration, I've got so many ideas off these boards.

kayleighnik
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Welcome and congratulations! Can't wait to see all your plans!

Your colour choices sound gorgeous!

Kayleigh x

IndyBride
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the boards and congratulations!! It sounds like you have beutiful colors in mind!!! Can't wait to hear more details!

JenniferLeigh
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
OMG!!! Your story almost made me cry!! I can definitely relate w/ you. Jordan, my Fiance (and his family) are Disney experts, and I had never been. So your description of an AWE moment and him pulling you along was SO US!! He was patient though!
Our dates are close together, ours is 6-11-09, so we will have to keep one another sane :)
Congrats and happy planning!

WithDisneySpirit
08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
You are definitely a Disney couple :goodvibes Loved reading your story and can't wait to follow along!!

mindy5648
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I have not seen the inside of the wedding pavillion...besides pictures...I just imagine it taking your breath away. Is that how it feels?

auntpunkin
08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks everyone, for the warm welcomes! I'm so looking forward to sharing my plans!

A couple of months ago someone here told me that I didn't have to wait until the 1 year out mark to call DFTW's and get started. So I called and was assigned Stacey Meacham as a planner. She is super sweet! I emailed her telling her we were coming this year from Sept. 7-14, just for fun (anyone needing help with their room block during that time, let me know!!).

Our 'official' planning session isn't until April 2009. I asked Stacey if we would be able to look at the Whitehall Room while we were there next month so I could get some ideas. I'm really stuck on centerpieces and can't picture how my ideas would look in there. Stacey shocked me when she told me that she could look to see when someone was using the room and take us over there after it was decorated, but before the party arrived! I'm pretty excited about that. I'll make sure to take some photos! I'm meeting her at 1pm on Sept. 9th.

This is the centerpiece I'm considering...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/centerpiece2-2.jpg

My concern is that they are REALLY big. I can make them myself so much cheaper than I'm sure Disney's price would be. But how to get them from Michigan to Florida without driving? Does anyone know about shipping items, can we ship them to Disney somewhere? Has anyone had Disney do a centerpiece like this?

auntpunkin
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I have not seen the inside of the wedding pavillion...besides pictures...I just imagine it taking your breath away. Is that how it feels?

I think it's one of those "Disney moments"....you can't really explain it and only Disney people 'get it'. My MOH would not have one of those moments, she does not understand why I go to Disney World so often....but I love her anyhow.

It felt like when you step off the monorail at the Magic Kingdon on the first day of your trip, you feel so excited and happy you could (and sometimes do) cry but add to it the most wonderful moment in your love life you can think of, like the moment he proposed. It was awesome! And I get to do it again in 2 weeks when we visit!

Pinkerbell1983
08-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Definatley take some pics of the whitehall room dressed up, Im having the exact same concern! I just don't know what will match because I've never seen it and I just can't get an idea of the fel of the room, it looks kinda greeny coloured to me.

There is a nice pic on the disney website where they have some yellow roses, so thats the centerpiece i'm aiming for because I know it will go.

I can't wait until I see the wp for the first time (on my wedding day!)!!

auntpunkin
08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Definatley take some pics of the whitehall room dressed up, Im having the exact same concern! I just don't know what will match because I've never seen it and I just can't get an idea of the fel of the room, it looks kinda greeny coloured to me.

There is a nice pic on the disney website where they have some yellow roses, so thats the centerpiece i'm aiming for because I know it will go.

I can't wait until I see the wp for the first time (on my wedding day!)!!

OMG! You're going to see the wp for the 1st time on your wedding?!? That will be an incredible moment! I couldn't do that....I'd stop walking and start bawling! Is there anything I can take photos of for you while I'm down there in Sept. just let me know, I'd be happy to help you out!! And I'll definately take a bunch of photos of the whitehall room!

Here's a couple I have now:
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Whitehall_Patio.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Whitehall_Patio_view.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Whitehall_Room.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/WhitehallRoom-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Whrp_with_5_rds.jpg

Pinkerbell1983
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Awwww aren't you sweet!! :cutie:

I just wanted too see some more of it dresses up. The ones you just put on are really nice, I hadn't seen some of them.

On the last one, is that the dancefloor do you think?

And i'll probably stop and cry on my wedding day!!! :rotfl:

auntpunkin
08-21-2008, 05:53 AM
On the last one, is that the dancefloor do you think?

I think it is. I'm not doing a dance floor, are you?

auntpunkin
08-21-2008, 06:28 AM
A really odd thing happened the other day....A gentleman had a medical problem while driving. His car hit a structure, then crashed into a parked car. The man's car was still in drive and he was out cold, foot still in the gas and all the doors locked. I broke out one of his windows and put the car in park. We got him some help and called his wife. After they got him loaded into the ambulance, I apologized to his wife for busting out the window. She understood completely and was thankful. Then she says she is going to leave her car and take his car to the hospital so that she can take it home afterward and lock it in the garage with it's broken window. She tells me that she will have to figure out how to pick up her car the next day. I offered to follow her home so she can put his car in the garage and then I would give her a ride back to her car so she can go to the hospital in that. On the way back to her car, she and I are talking away. She tells me about a recent trip they took to their condo in Daytona. I told her how I love Florida and we are getting married in Disney World next year. Then she tells me this....She says she and her husband own 450 Disney Vacation Club points, but they never use them...."Would you like to use them for your wedding?" :jumping1: :jumping1: ARE YOU KIDDING??!! Of course I pretty much come unglued,telling her I would be forever in her debt, etc, etc, but only if she really never uses them. She simply asks me if I want a one bedroom or two? I told her we would be thankful for whatever she could find. She asked me what dates I needed so she could call Disney. I tell her that we're probably going for 2 weeks and tell her 'anytime between this date and that'. She tells me, "Oh, we have enough points to get you two full weeks in a one bedroom condo." ARE YOU KIDDING? Now, I've known this woman for all of 1/2 hour and she has just given me my honeymoon!!!

Her husband ended up being fine...I'm the one still in shock!

WithDisneySpirit
08-21-2008, 07:52 AM
I can't decide if I am more shocked that you were just given your two week honeymoon or that this poor couple actually has 450 DVC points each year that they never use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I have 420 and would never dream of letting any go to waste :scared:

Back to you though, that is the most AWESOME story I have heard in a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :lovestruc :love: :cloud9: :wizard: :dance3: I am definitely dancing for you. I know you didn't do the good works in order to have payment but what a lovely thing for her to do for you...did she ask you which DVC you want?

auntpunkin
08-21-2008, 07:02 PM
You know, I don't remember, it seems like we were talking about Saratoga Springs. I think I was so shocked I forgot a lot of the details. It was funny, she was so excited to find someone to give those dang points to, she made it sound like I was doing her a favor by using them!! I will definately be sending her one heck of a nice gift directly from Disney World!

We've wanted to buy DVC...420 points, you are so lucky!! What is your home resort? I'm really looking forward to see what the new Contemporary DVC will be like!

WithDisneySpirit
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Our home resort is Old Key West and we just LOVE having DVC!!!!!! :goodvibes If she hasn't made the ressie yet, ask her to have them put wedding and honeymoon at Disney on your reservation and also request a Downtown Disney view! We went on a second honeymoon in early August and stayed at SSR and the DTD view was soooo awesome! Its not guaranteed but you should at least ask for it :lovestruc

We may buy some points at Contemporary too - I have been working on hubby :rotfl:

Pinkerbell1983
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I think it is. I'm not doing a dance floor, are you?

I think so, I know there won't be many off us but I think I would still like to dance. I'm not having a DJ though, Just the ipod set up with my own playlist.

Cool about the DVC points! You know, right place, right time.... :cool1:

IndyBride
08-22-2008, 01:57 PM
A really odd thing happened the other day....A gentleman had a medical problem while driving. His car hit a structure, then crashed into a parked car. The man's car was still in drive and he was out cold, foot still in the gas and all the doors locked. I broke out one of his windows and put the car in park. We got him some help and called his wife. After they got him loaded into the ambulance, I apologized to his wife for busting out the window. She understood completely and was thankful. Then she says she is going to leave her car and take his car to the hospital so that she can take it home afterward and lock it in the garage with it's broken window. She tells me that she will have to figure out how to pick up her car the next day. I offered to follow her home so she can put his car in the garage and then I would give her a ride back to her car so she can go to the hospital in that. On the way back to her car, she and I are talking away. She tells me about a recent trip they took to their condo in Daytona. I told her how I love Florida and we are getting married in Disney World next year. Then she tells me this....She says she and her husband own 450 Disney Vacation Club points, but they never use them...."Would you like to use them for your wedding?" :jumping1: :jumping1: ARE YOU KIDDING??!! Of course I pretty much come unglued,telling her I would be forever in her debt, etc, etc, but only if she really never uses them. She simply asks me if I want a one bedroom or two? I told her we would be thankful for whatever she could find. She asked me what dates I needed so she could call Disney. I tell her that we're probably going for 2 weeks and tell her 'anytime between this date and that'. She tells me, "Oh, we have enough points to get you two full weeks in a one bedroom condo." ARE YOU KIDDING? Now, I've known this woman for all of 1/2 hour and she has just given me my honeymoon!!!

Her husband ended up being fine...I'm the one still in shock!

What an amazing story!! How generous of both of you!!!!!!! If you already get this much pixie dust before your wedding is even planned just imagine what it will be like when you do get married!!! :cool1:

auntpunkin
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I think so, I know there won't be many off us but I think I would still like to dance. I'm not having a DJ though, Just the ipod set up with my own playlist.

Cool about the DVC points! You know, right place, right time.... :cool1:

I just read a post where you said that they quoted you $450 for an Ipod set up at the Whitehall Room. That's with Disney supplying someone to run it? I've been working pretty hard on setting up music on my Ipod, I'm going to do the Ipod thing to. :goodvibes

Does anyone know anything about using an Ipod at the Wedding Pavillion for the ceremony?

auntpunkin
08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
What an amazing story!! How generous of both of you!!!!!!! If you already get this much pixie dust before your wedding is even planned just imagine what it will be like when you do get married!!! :cool1:

Thank you! That's a great thought!!

auntpunkin
08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Our home resort is Old Key West and we just LOVE having DVC!!!!!! :goodvibes If she hasn't made the ressie yet, ask her to have them put wedding and honeymoon at Disney on your reservation and also request a Downtown Disney view! We went on a second honeymoon in early August and stayed at SSR and the DTD view was soooo awesome! Its not guaranteed but you should at least ask for it :lovestruc

We may buy some points at Contemporary too - I have been working on hubby :rotfl:

She can't make the ressie until 11 months out, so thank you for that advice!! We stayed at SSR in February, in the section that is right around the corner from DTD. It was a 5 minute walk to DTD, that was awesome for us!! We loved sitting in the rocking chairs that are along the walkway, overlooking DTD...very relaxing end to the evening! We stopped at OKW on the Magical Express, I really liked that one too!

I would not doubt for one minute that when we get back from Disney in 3 weeks, we will own DVC. I've had to hold my fiance back from buying a couple of times now, telling him we have a wedding to pay for. If they start selling the Contemporary anytime soon, I know he will buy....he'll say he's going to bed and climb out the window to do it if he has to!

bridetobe789
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Just caught up on your pj! What a great engagement story and wow I can't believe that lady! See a good deed does go a long way like our parents always said when we were kids!!! I look forward to hearing more plans i'm getting married 2 months before you!! You only have a few weeks before you can be booked!! :banana:

Pinkerbell1983
08-23-2008, 05:21 AM
I just read a post where you said that they quoted you $450 for an Ipod set up at the Whitehall Room. That's with Disney supplying someone to run it? I've been working pretty hard on setting up music on my Ipod, I'm going to do the Ipod thing to. :goodvibes

Does anyone know anything about using an Ipod at the Wedding Pavillion for the ceremony?

Yeah they quoted us $450 and I'm pretty sure that it comes with disney supplying someone to run it and with all the extra stuff, cables etc, that you need.

Dunno about the WP though, sorry. :confused3

tiggerrifficheidi
08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Just like Pinkerbell, we're using the same venues! I think I'm going to have a dance floor...just in case someone feels like movin' and groovin':banana:

That is such an amazing story about the DVC points! You are definitely blessed!

auntpunkin
08-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Just caught up on your pj! What a great engagement story and wow I can't believe that lady! See a good deed does go a long way like our parents always said when we were kids!!! I look forward to hearing more plans i'm getting married 2 months before you!! You only have a few weeks before you can be booked!! :banana:

Thanks! Hooray, another bride! Congratulations! I'm so excited about getting to the 1 year out mark. I have a logo made up and some ideas but I don't want to do anything yet for fear that I won't get my date. I feel like I'm in "pause" mode.

Yeah they quoted us $450 and I'm pretty sure that it comes with disney supplying someone to run it and with all the extra stuff, cables etc, that you need.

Good, that sounds fairly reasonable...thank you.

Just like Pinkerbell, we're using the same venues! I think I'm going to have a dance floor...just in case someone feels like movin' and groovin':banana:

That is such an amazing story about the DVC points! You are definitely blessed!

Oh, that's so fun, your using the same venues! We should all get married the same day, then we could use the same decorations too! Then we could afford Cinderella's carraige and squeeze all of us in!!

I guess before I say I'm not having a dance floor I sould find out how much it is....maybe someone will want to shake their booty! Good thought, thanks!

Pinkerbell1983
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh, that's so fun, your using the same venues! We should all get married the same day, then we could use the same decorations too! Then we could afford Cinderella's carraige and squeeze all of us in!!

I guess before I say I'm not having a dance floor I sould find out how much it is....maybe someone will want to shake their booty! Good thought, thanks!

:rotfl2: That would be so much fun in our huge wedding dresses!!!! How many brides can you fit into cinderella's carriage?

I'm not sure how much the dance floor is, my coordinator said the dancefloor came with the lighting package, but then advised me not to have the lighting package as the room gets too hot with so many lights. I'll have to check that one.

Lynn5700
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi. I just wanted to say congrats on everything!! I like the centerpieces you have picked out. The colors are beautiful.

Aww OMG what an amazing story! It pays off to be a great person and help people out..we need more people like that in the world. That was so nice of you to help them out and so generous of them to offer you that, God Bless them.

We are staying at SSR in a one Bedroom in Oct,that will be our first DVC stay....If that is where you will be staying the place looks gorgeous. Have you seen pictures...the resort is so pretty. The one bedroom has a whirlpool tub...I can't wait to use that lol!

auntpunkin
08-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi. I just wanted to say congrats on everything!! I like the centerpieces you have picked out. The colors are beautiful.

Aww OMG what an amazing story! It pays off to be a great person and help people out..we need more people like that in the world. That was so nice of you to help them out and so generous of them to offer you that, God Bless them.

We are staying at SSR in a one Bedroom in Oct,that will be our first DVC stay....If that is where you will be staying the place looks gorgeous. Have you seen pictures...the resort is so pretty. The one bedroom has a whirlpool tub...I can't wait to use that lol!

Thank you! I can't wait to see how much Disney charges for a centerpiece that big! :sick:

We stayed at SSR in February in a 1 bedroom. It was very nice! We stayed in the section right around the corner from DTD (Congress Park) and it was great! It took less than 10 minute to walk to DTD and, if I remember right, the 1st stop for incoming buses. The pool over there was much quieter than the themed pool. I thought the pool was nicer in that section because it was more 'adult' and overlooked DTD. It was a hike to the food court but the food court there is horrible. There is always a VERY long line for a very small list of food choices. We went twice and both times waited over 1/2 hour just to pay for our food! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat though! Hope you have a great time!

auntpunkin
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, it's pouring here at the Wilderness Lodge right now so I thought I'd let you all know about my trip to the Whitehall Room yesterday. It was so much more than photos show! The whole convention center is big and beautiful. I timed the walk from the Wedding Pavillion to the Whitehall room; it's about 12 minutes. This is entry area guests walking over would come in (sorry, I forgot to get a photo outside)...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/089.jpg

That entry has 2 hallways leading off it, one goes toward the main area of the convention center...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/091.jpg
And this one shows the other hall leading right into the WHR...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/090.jpg
You can see a bar set up for a wedding way down at the end, on the left. On the right you can see light shining in the windows....those are doors that lead onto the WHR patio.

When I was there they were busy setting up a wedding, here's the patio..
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/076.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/077.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/078.jpg

auntpunkin
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Oops, didn't mean to hit enter there....anyway, here is one more of the patio.
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/079.jpg

And inside the WHR as they were setting it up..
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/080.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/081.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/082.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/084.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/086.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/087.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/088.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/083.jpg

It was set up for 50 people. The tables are 72" round that seat 10, they had 5 of them set up....no separate table for the bride & groom. They had the cake set up on the table already under the "birds from hell" photo (as it's known here). They also had a dance floor and what looked like a DJ area. It was tight but looked awesome.

I hope that helps anyone planning to use the WHR! :goodvibes

camara381
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi there, I just read through your PJ. First let me say congrats!!!!
I love all your ideas, the centerpieces are lovely, the color scheme will go great with the WHR.
That is such an amazing story, and it was really nice of them to offer that to you, but it was well deserved!!!.

You are getting married 2 days before us, we'll already be down by then.

Pinkerbell1983
09-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Ooh thanks for taking so many pics. The WHR looks gorgeous, especially because it's all set up! So, 12 mins from the WP to the GF? are you planning on walking? I am so its handy to know how long it's gonna take. I want to stop for a few pics on the beach on the way too. :thumbsup2

I actually love the center pieces on these pics as well. The ball flowers are similar to the one's I want. Can I borrow your pics?

auntpunkin
09-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi there, I just read through your PJ. First let me say congrats!!!!
I love all your ideas, the centerpieces are lovely, the color scheme will go great with the WHR.
That is such an amazing story, and it was really nice of them to offer that to you, but it was well deserved!!!.

You are getting married 2 days before us, we'll already be down by then.

Thanks! It sounds like there will be a couple of us down there next September, we are going to have to set up a meet! I keep looking at all the ladies wearing bride Mickey ears while I'm here right now wondering if I've read their PJ.

auntpunkin
09-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Ooh thanks for taking so many pics. The WHR looks gorgeous, especially because it's all set up! So, 12 mins from the WP to the GF? are you planning on walking? I am so its handy to know how long it's gonna take. I want to stop for a few pics on the beach on the way too. :thumbsup2

I actually love the center pieces on these pics as well. The ball flowers are similar to the one's I want. Can I borrow your pics?

Glad to help! Feel free to borrow anything I have out there. I thought of your colors when I took those photos!!! They are going to look awesome in there!!:yay: :yay:

I just can't see renting a whole bus to drive people 150 yards...well, maybe a little more. They did say you can rent boats to pick your guests up right at the WP and float them over to the WHR....I didn't get a price on that tho...

I sitting in the Orlando airport right now, going home....:sad1: But we got in on the bounce back deal. We booked 14 nights for our wedding/honeymoon next Sept. already and got free dining for the entire trip!!!:cool1: :cool1:

DisneyBrideToni
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Just read your PJ. I love the colors you are picking. They are perfect for September. The centerpieces you picked are beautiful. That is great that you got pictures of them setting up a wedding. I wonder whose wedding it was?

auntpunkin
09-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Just read your PJ. I love the colors you are picking. They are perfect for September. The centerpieces you picked are beautiful. That is great that you got pictures of them setting up a wedding. I wonder whose wedding it was?

I wondered that too! I'm really glad I got to see it all set up, it has me rethinking some of my ideas. I had originally thought I'd need a big centerpiece to fill the room but seeing that reception with smaller, simple centerpieces, I think my original idea may be too much. Maybe the same idea, just on a smaller scale?

padisneyfour
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for posting the pics of the whitehall room- it is nice to see it set up for a reception.:goodvibes

auntpunkin
09-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, we are officially back home. We didn't do an 'official' planning trip but did meet with our 'consultant', Stacey Meacham, and went to see the WHR. Stacey is great! The first thing she told us was that we got our date and time!! Sept. 3, 2009 at 12 noon with the ceremony at the Wedding Pavillion and reception at the Whitehall Room. That was awesome news, now I feel like I can really start getting serious. She gave me a big folder full of menus, requirements for all the venues and just a ton of info. After that we walked over to the wedding pavillion. She explained to me that the window behind the alter is magnified and the futher you stand from the window, the bigger the castle looks...I never knew that, but it was true! Then she took us over to the WHR. We didn't spend a lot of time with her as all I'd asked her was if we would be able to peek at the WHR while we were there, we'll do a formal planning session in the spring.

The best part of the trip was the 'bounce back' offer. In our room at the Wilderness Lodge there was a flyer that said if we booked our trip for the same time range next year, which happens to be over our wedding date. The offer said you'd get the dining plan free and a pretty good deal. So I called. We booked August 30-Sept. 13, 2009 at the Wilderness Lodge. We got the dining plan for free. We only bought a one day base ticket because you have to purchase a room and ticket package and we knew we'd have our DFTW annual passes then. The whole 14 nights was $4000 with the dining plan and one day park ticket. The lady taking the reservation said we could take the base tickets and apply them to upgrading our annual passes to the premium annual pass or apply them toward another pass later. We had just paid $3300 for 7 nights, 8 day park hopper and NO dining, so I thought it was a pretty good deal. We only had to give them a $200 deposit to book it. So that part of the wedding is good to go!

I also now have a wedding dress! I don't have any photos for you yet...but will work on that!

auntpunkin
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for posting the pics of the whitehall room- it is nice to see it set up for a reception.:goodvibes

I was so happy to be able to do that! I know I was looking all over for photos of the Whitehall room myself!

padisneyfour
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
sounds like you had a successful trip, so now the fun can begin.... I am looking at same venue locations and even same time so I will be following your PJ to get hints etc.... good luck with everything:goodvibes

bridetobe789
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats on getting your date, time and locations!! How exciting!! The pictures of the reception site look amazing! Sounds like a great trip and how awesome is that about the free dining !!

keenercam
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Congratulations on getting so many details ironed out. The pictures of WHR are gorgeous -- many of the elements in your pix are choices we have made for our reception, so it is really great to see how lovely the room will look. Thank you for taking the time to take the pictures and to post them! :hug: Congrats on your awesome bounceback offer, too! What perfect timing to get such a great deal for your honeymoon!

auntpunkin
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I've started to look at cakes. These are a few I like...

1. http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/MrsEC.jpg

2. http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/thecake4.jpg

3. http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/52705.jpg

This is the topper. My future father in law bought it for us.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/97403.jpg

I really like the gift box look, especially the 2nd one. I just worry that it's too big for 50 people and if I had it made smaller, it would look wrong. Can Disney do something like this? Does anyone know if they can make 'fake' layers just to make it look bigger? If anyone has had something like this I'd love to see the photos!

tiggerrifficheidi
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
I love that topper, and I think it would look great with the 3rd one!!!

auntpunkin
09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I love that topper, and I think it would look great with the 3rd one!!!

Oh, I'm glad you said that! I hadn't put them together, but your so right!

lov2b@disney
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Just read through your PJ! Everything is beautiful--what great pix of the WHR! So pretty set up! your colors will be beautiful in the fall! And the bounceback sounds like a perfect deal!

auntpunkin
09-18-2008, 07:22 AM
I've made up a 'logo'. I'm thinking I'll use it on the front of some welcome bags. I'm also using it in a newsletter but the newsletter is taking forever. I think I'm being to picky. Anyway, here's the logo, I saw one like it and just tweeked it...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Logo3.jpg

I want to buy a aisle runner and attempt to paint the logo on it but have to work up the courage because I'm just not crafty!

auntpunkin
09-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Just read through your PJ! Everything is beautiful--what great pix of the WHR! So pretty set up! your colors will be beautiful in the fall! And the bounceback sounds like a perfect deal!

Thank you! I was just pricing moving from the Wilderness Lodge to the Contemporary, only $500 more. I guess that's how wedding budgets get out of control, "oh, just a little more"....I'm really happy to have the free dining though, it's just one less thing to worry about!

padisneyfour
09-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I've made up a 'logo'. I'm thinking I'll use it on the front of some welcome bags. I'm also using it in a newsletter but the newsletter is taking forever. I think I'm being to picky. Anyway, here's the logo, I saw one like it and just tweeked it...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Logo3.jpg

I want to buy a aisle runner and attempt to paint the logo on it but have to work up the courage because I'm just not crafty!

The logo you chose is very pretty! :goodvibes

auntpunkin
09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I was just not happy with how my color choices were working out, so yesterday, I talked with Andy's Mom and one of my bridesmaids and these are the new choices. Let me know what you think!

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/untitled.jpg

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/brightpink2.jpg

The brown in the 1st one should be as dark as #2.

DisneyBrideToni
09-22-2008, 09:31 AM
I like both of your color choices but I think I like #1 because its something different! :goodvibes

tiggerrifficheidi
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Both are beautiful, but I second the vote for #1!

auntpunkin
09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
I've been working on a new logo to match my new color choices. This is what I have so far.
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/BagLabels2.jpg

I still really like the other logo I did and will probably change the colors in it when I figure out if I'm using the pink or the coral. This one is going on my invitations and aisle runner...I think. I'm using the Printshop Pro Publisher to make these. I bought it from buy.com for $89.99 with a $70 mail in rebate.

I'm penciled in with Rev. Jack Day! And my 'Jack Pack" is on the way! I really feel like I'm getting things going now. I think I'll try to figure out who's doing hair/makeup next.

thatdisneygirl
09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I like the coral, myself...tough choice on the logos though. The 1st one is so "disney" but I really, really like the way you did the M on the second one so...hmm...I think I'd have to say I like the second logo better.

JandJ
09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Just catching up on your PJ and loving all of your ideas! Rev. Jack was our officiant and DH and I both really liked him! We took different parts of his ceremonies from "Jack's Pack" and made our own. He did such a wonderful job!

camara381
09-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I have to go with the first set of colors, love the coral and this last logo.

auntpunkin
09-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Just catching up on your PJ and loving all of your ideas! Rev. Jack was our officiant and DH and I both really liked him! We took different parts of his ceremonies from "Jack's Pack" and made our own. He did such a wonderful job!

Thank you! I've heard so many good things about Rev. Jack, I'm glad to hear it again...it's hard to pick someone to be such a major part of your wedding when you've never met them!

auntpunkin
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
I like the coral, myself...tough choice on the logos though. The 1st one is so "disney" but I really, really like the way you did the M on the second one so...hmm...I think I'd have to say I like the second logo better.

I think the 2nd monogram seems more classy and I'll probably use that one but I'm going to figure out a way to get that castle on something! ..maybe on some 'day before' t-shirts?

I appreciate the color vote, I think your right!

auntpunkin
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I have to go with the first set of colors, love the coral and this last logo.

Thanks! Everyone I've asked has said the coral. I really like it. I don't know if I should try to splash a little coral somewhere into that 2nd monogram or not. I think I'm going to my wedding naked with 15 monograms as much time as I've spent on them! :lmao:

camara381
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
HI just checking in!!!! thanks for signing the guest book on my website... any updates for us? We made our reservatons for the wedding we arrive 9/2 AKL an we are leaving 9/8 maybe we will get to meet.

auntpunkin
01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Cam, your welcome! I hope you saw that I signed up and you got some credit for that! Thanks for the inspiration!

I've been spending a lot of time on my wedding website and newsletter, so I haven't been on the Dis much. But my contract is coming in the next couple of days and I have some progess to report soon! I would love to get to meet while we are there!! :love: :love:

auntpunkin
01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I haven't had much to post over the past couple of months, we've been busy with the holidays. I do have some photos to share of what we're doing with the reception. I'm so in love with this look!
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image9.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/image2.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/image1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image10.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image12.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image13.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image23.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image22.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image21.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image20.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image19.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image7.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image3.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image4.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Image6.jpg

I have finished our 1st newsletter. I think I'm being too much of a perfectionist and everything seems to take me so long to get just right!

I'm still waiting on a contract but it should be here any day. It's starting to feel real!

camara381
01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi Christine!!!! I did get credit, Thank you!!!! I would love to see your website ;) Did you ever change your monogram? or did you leave it as is? I love the pics you posted, the place looks amazing. All the little extras, the chairs, the sashes, the charger plates - gorgeous!!!!

auntpunkin
01-06-2009, 06:14 PM
What is everyone doing for their rehearsal dinner? I'm so lost when it comes to this. I thought about 1900 Park Fare but don't think they serve alcohol and that's probably something we need...I think I'm going to be a nervous wreck. Our rehearsal will be at the Wedding Pavilion or somewhere at the Grand Floridian but I think enough people would have cars if we wanted to leave Disney property. We will probably have about 25 people going to the rehearsal. Any suggestions?

auntpunkin
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi Christine!!!! I did get credit, Thank you!!!! I would love to see your website ;) Did you ever change your monogram? or did you leave it as is? I love the pics you posted, the place looks amazing. All the little extras, the chairs, the sashes, the charger plates - gorgeous!!!!

I made so many monograms that now I am confused about what to use! Thanks, I love all the little extras too! It's David Tutera though and I think I'll work on making some things myself to make it more of a Martha Stewart price!

auntpunkin
01-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I have finally finished my newsletter! I think I started working on it in September. I didn't have a vision in my head of what I wanted my wedding to look like and kept changing everything because of that but now the vision is clear! So without futher adieu, my finished newsletter..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter12-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter13-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter14-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter15-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter16-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter17-1.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/newsletter18-1.jpg

I had to teach myself Microsoft Publisher to do this, but I think it was worth the time. :banana:

camara381
01-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm afraid I am no help with the RD I still havent' decided on anything. The newsletter looks fabulous. You included so much info that I realized I never included. Thanks. ;)

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I am in love with your tables. Absolutely in love with your tables... I think that look is just stunning...

auntpunkin
01-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm afraid I am no help with the RD I still havent' decided on anything. The newsletter looks fabulous. You included so much info that I realized I never included. Thanks. ;)

Thanks so much! Let me know if I can help with anything!

auntpunkin
01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I am in love with your tables. Absolutely in love with your tables... I think that look is just stunning...

That is exactly how I felt when I first saw those photos! I finally "know" what I'm going to do! I'm not so fond of the checkered ribbons though, reminds me of a picnic...:rotfl: Thank you for the compliments!

auntpunkin
01-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I feel like I'm on a roll now that I have a 'vision' of what my wedding is going to look like! I bought some gift bags. I bought 60 of them at about $1 each on ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/usspeedtrade) I plan to put a monograms on them. I'm still debating buying stuff to put in them here, in Michigan, and having to drag it all to Florida, or just picking up some things once we get there :confused3 Is there a Costco in Orlando?

Here are the bags..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/612b_1.jpg

And this is the monogram..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/thefinallogocopy-1.jpg

I'm going to buy some white card stock to print the mongoram on, then just attach it to the bag. I'm so not crafty!

I've looked into House of Blues, Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood for the rehearsal dinner. I want to have a few drinks and a good time. My fmil wants to invite kids...:crazy2: That brings our guest list for that up to about 25, $$$... We may end up at Cosmic Rays :lmao: Is anyone else having kids at their rehearsal and dinner?

camara381
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM
I LOVE the Monogram!!!! it came out perfect. There are a lot of girls that bought stuff at the local costco, I think it wa mainly food though. I am buying all non-food items here and all food items down there.

I am no help on the RD, I haven't decided on anything. I know for sure we will have some kids.

auntpunkin
01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, seems like for weeks I've been putting together a wedding website (thanks for the inspiration Carolina!:flower3: ). Yesterday Andrew came into my "wedding war room" and caught a glimpse of the site. I hadn't told him that I was doing it. I showed him some of the site and, to my surprise, he asked me to send the web address to him at work (he was on his way out). I sent him the address. He came home and, mind you, he is not a very 'emotiional' type guy, he says, "That website is incredible!! I showed the guys at work and they thought it was awesome." I was shocked that he even dared show it to the guys, I figured he'd be too worried that they would give him all kinds of grief. Then Andrew asked me if he could tell his other friends about the site yet... :confused3 I can't believe he wants to show wedding stuff to the guys...he still amazes me!

I haven't quite finished it yet, I still need some info from Disney about booking rooms, etc., but if you'd like to see what we've done so far, here's the address...feel free to sign our guestbook!!
http://disneyfairytale.weddingwindow.com/

camara381
01-20-2009, 10:38 PM
That is so wonderful that he liked the website!!!! I know I've already told you this but I LOVE your website... it's so pretty!!!!

PrincessShea
01-21-2009, 01:07 AM
Hey just wanted to say that your monogram is AMAZING! I love it. The website is also great. Can't wait to read more about your plans!

auntpunkin
01-24-2009, 05:31 PM
That is so wonderful that he liked the website!!!! I know I've already told you this but I LOVE your website... it's so pretty!!!!

Thank you again! He now calls me everytime he runs into one of his buddies so I can tell him (again) the address to the website! I think since I'm doing all the planning and talking with the girls all day about it, the website is what made the wedding "real" for him...well, other than having to give me money all the time! ;) He's just not the type of guy to be involved in wedding planning. In fact, I was telling him we need to go for a planning session and he told me, "Just call them and tell them we want yellow cake." OMG, he was serious and, when I tried to explain that wedding cake comes in more than "yellow cake", he didn't really get it. I won't even go into how he wanted to have a 'pot-luck" for the reception...:rotfl2: I am not marrying David Tutera that's for sure!

auntpunkin
01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey just wanted to say that your monogram is AMAZING! I love it. The website is also great. Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Thank you!

auntpunkin
01-31-2009, 09:58 AM
I received my toasting flutes and cake servers for Christmas from my fmil...yay! A couple things I don't have to buy!

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/98413.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/98412.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/76700_lg.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/11338L.jpg

I have to figure out where to take the flutes to have them engraved yet...

auntpunkin
01-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I've picked up a couple of things for my bridesmaids too...

Bridesmaids jewelry:

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Necklace.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Earrings.jpg

And I bought them each one of these with their first names embroidered on them from www.americanbridal.com. I got all 3 for about $68.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/americanbridal_2036_258961021.jpg

auntpunkin
01-31-2009, 10:59 AM
I haven't found the exact bridesmaid dresses we are going to use but this is the color combo I'm thinking, black dresses with light blue sashes...

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/of50590393.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for the blue sashes, I plan to have a matching one on my gown, but they are just not out there in the color I'm looking for. I may have to switch to light blue dresses with white sashes...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/6238SL-ICBL-dts.jpg
guess I should make up my mind soon!

AlternateEgo
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I haven't found the exact bridesmaid dresses we are going to use but this is the color combo I'm thinking, black dresses with light blue sashes...

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/of50590393.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for the blue sashes, I plan to have a matching one on my gown, but they are just not out there in the color I'm looking for. I may have to switch to light blue dresses with white sashes...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/6238SL-ICBL-dts.jpg
guess I should make up my mind soon!

I love that jewelry you picked for BM's. I think I am going to have to take a look!

Also check out davidsbridal for sashes. They have quite a few color selections and a few different styles. I think they run for about 10-25 each.

camara381
02-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Love the jewelry and the bags!!!! I really like the black and blue BM dresses. Can you have the sash made? Yay for getting the flutes and cake knife set, they are really cute. Do you have a things remebered near you? That's where I'm taking mine to get engraved.

Thanks for posting the link to the bags I am buying 3 all for 60 bucks!!!:cool1:

auntpunkin
02-10-2009, 09:07 AM
I love that jewelry you picked for BM's. I think I am going to have to take a look!

Also check out davidsbridal for sashes. They have quite a few color selections and a few different styles. I think they run for about 10-25 each.

Thanks! I so need to get on the ball and go down to Davids Bridal.

auntpunkin
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Love the jewelry and the bags!!!! I really like the black and blue BM dresses. Can you have the sash made? Yay for getting the flutes and cake knife set, they are really cute. Do you have a things remebered near you? That's where I'm taking mine to get engraved.

Thanks for posting the link to the bags I am buying 3 all for 60 bucks!!!:cool1:

Ooo, thanks...we do have a Things Remembered in our mall, I didn't even think of them!

I have considered having the sashes made but I'm hoping to get off easy and find exactly what I'm looking for at a bridal shop...I suppose I should get out there and start looking in case I do have to have them made!

I bought 3 bags too! Which one did you buy? I got an email the other day saying mine shipped...I hope the look as good in person as they do online!

AlternateEgo
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
So... where can I find those necklaces anyway? LOL

auntpunkin
02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
So... where can I find those necklaces anyway? LOL

I'm sorry! I got the necklace on Ebay from this seller:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/rbsze
It actually came today. I'm really happy with it, it looks even better in person!

auntpunkin
02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Well, I'll start with the scary news. My 17 year old son was hit by a car. Two weeks ago his best friend was coming home from science olympiad and got stuck on a snowy road. Snow had been drifting across the road all day and where travel was good elsewhere, the back roads were really bad. So my son went out to help his friend; they were less than a mile from our house. My son stopped at his friends house and got his friends mother and another man had also stopped to help. They pulled the friends car out with a tow strap, mind you we talked an outback, in-the-middle of nowhere country road, but the tow strap got stuck up under the car. My son, and the man who stopped to help, got under the friends car and began to untangle the tow strap. At this point there are 3 cars in the middle of this straight road and all of them have headlights and flashers on. Another car, with 3 drunk 16 year old kids came down the road. The wife of the man who had stopped to help is sitting in their car with her friend and see's the car coming right at them and says, "They're coming too fast!". She turns around in the car as the 16 year old pass them and watches as they hit the car that her husband and my son are under. My son ended up losing 3 of his front teeth and having stiches from his lip to his nose, stiches up the whole side of his hand and on his knee. The other guy, who's wife watched this, ended up with a closed head injury and was in the hospital for several days but is home, doing good now. It was the single most scary thing ever! I just can't imagine losing a child! My son had someone watching over him that night! :worship:

The good news is that we've booked our planning session! :dance3: We are going April 23-28 and our planning session is on the 24th. My future in-laws are going with us and used their DVC points to get us a villa in The Wilderness Lodge Villas during that time. While I'm really excited about going, and my son will be 18 when we leave, I'm afraid of leaving him. I have been "mothering" him really bad since the accident and everytime I hear him leave the house, I nearly freak out. I fear I've become one of those over-protective, smothering parents that drive their kids nuts. Maybe leaving him for a couple days would be good...

AlternateEgo
02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh my! What a scary thing to happen. I can't imagine losing one of my children and I am so happy that your DS is ok. I sure hope those drunk kids get taught a lesson...

Again thank goodness everything is ok. I hope DS heals well.

Congrats on your planning session. Hopefully you will be able to relax some too!

camara381
02-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Oh Christine I am so sorry you are going through that, I can imagine all the stress and worring. I am glad he is OK.

Yay for the planning session can't wait to read all about it, be sure to take lots of pics!

MegKate
02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Thank God he's ok. I'm sorry you all had to go through such a horrible experience. :sad2:

It's a good thing that you've got your PS all planned. After all that you definitely need some time away for both of you. :goodvibes

tiggersam00
02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I just read your whole PJ, and it is wonderful. First of all, I want you to know how very sorry I am about your son, he is a very lucky guy for sure. There was someone looking out for him for sure that day, I hope those teenagers are held accountable for there actions for your son and the other mans sake.:flower3:

I love your story about the DVC, your really getting a free honeymoon, how amazingly lucky is that!! Your flowers are perfect, I love the hydrengeas. I'm sure everything will look amazing and I cant wait to keep reading. :goodvibes

auntpunkin
02-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for the hugs regarding my son's accident :love: . I really appreciate it! The kid who hit my son is being charged with drunk driving causing serious injury. I hope the court orders him to speak with other kids about what he learned and how this experience affects his life. I feel pretty bad for his family too; I can't imagine all the hopes and dreams they had for their son and to now deal with something like this...not to mention the financial burdens of court costs, fines, lawyers, etc. My son is doing really good though. He's gone back to school and the scars are minimal. His best friend, the one who got stuck, had a really had time with the whole thing. He thought this was all his fault for getting stuck in the first place. For the first week after the accident, he was at our house from the time school let out until 11 at night watching over my son. He's a really special kid and I couldn't ask for a better friend for my son. I'm lucky to have my "Disney" friends too, you guys are the best! :grouphug:

Wow, I didn't realize the planning session was an all day affair! Our tasting is at 9:30am and then we have a planning session from 1pm to 5pm. And the emails from Disney just keep coming; email this person with your confirmation number, fill out long form and fax that person...I might need an alcohol tasting session! :lmao:

tiggersam00
02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Thats a tough spot for your son's friend, I can only imagine the guilt he must be feeling, but letting him hang out all the time is totally the right thing to do and it will make him feel better over time. Your son is very lucky to have a friend that cares so much:hug: .

Holy cow, I didnt realize you needed a whole day to plan everything!! Thats crazy!! The alcohol tasting might be neccessary after all that planning! Plan on a downtown disney night at a yummy restaurant with good wine lol!:rotfl2:

macca77
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi just read your pre wedding plans all sound great, just like to say thanks again for helping us out with your reservation number, hope you have a great planning session maybe we will bump into each other over there.
Good luck.

auntpunkin
02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Thats a tough spot for your son's friend, I can only imagine the guilt he must be feeling, but letting him hang out all the time is totally the right thing to do and it will make him feel better over time. Your son is very lucky to have a friend that cares so much:hug: .

I totally agree! I'd have that boy as my 2nd son anyday!

Holy cow, I didnt realize you needed a whole day to plan everything!! Thats crazy!! The alcohol tasting might be neccessary after all that planning! Plan on a downtown disney night at a yummy restaurant with good wine lol!:rotfl2:

I know! I guess I'm getting my $10000 worth! :lmao: It does make me feel good knowing that Disney takes wedding planning that seriously....Great idea, straight to DTD for strees relief! :woohoo:

auntpunkin
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi just read your pre wedding plans all sound great, just like to say thanks again for helping us out with your reservation number, hope you have a great planning session maybe we will bump into each other over there.
Good luck.

I was really glad to help, I may be asking in September myself! It would be really neat to run into you, I'd love to hear how your wedding went! :)

auntpunkin
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Well I'm in Kentucky on a business trip and thought I'd go look at some wedding gowns while I'm here (and bored silly) :bored: . I went to a local shop and, just for fun, thought I'd try on a couple. I tried on 2, then asked the salesperson if she had any recommendations. She handed me just one dress. I tried it on and it was incredible....that is one good salesperson! I bought the dress!!! :lovestruc

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/lg_2922.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/5461_detail.jpg

:dance3:

camara381
02-28-2009, 01:11 PM
OMG!!!! The dress is gorgous!!! Is it Christina Wu?

auntpunkin
02-28-2009, 07:44 PM
OMG!!!! The dress is gorgous!!! Is it Christina Wu?

Thanks, I'm so excited about it! You know your gowns, yes, it is a Christina Wu...I'm impressed! :laughing:

figmentfan0724
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Congrats, I just got all caught up on your PJ! Your dress is gorgeous, I tried on one today that is very similair!

camara381
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Not sure why your ticker says 5 months 4 weeks and 1 day cuz your 9/3?!?!?!:confused3 Anyway

Happy 6 months!!!!

auntpunkin
03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Congrats, I just got all caught up on your PJ! Your dress is gorgeous, I tried on one today that is very similair!

Thank you! I'm so excited to put it on again!

auntpunkin
03-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Not sure why your ticker says 5 months 4 weeks and 1 day cuz your 9/3?!?!?!:confused3 Anyway

Happy 6 months!!!!

I'm not sure why either..?

Thanks! :scared1: You too!

auntpunkin
04-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I just need to vent! My save the dates went out about 2 weeks ago and I sent my giant newsletter package out a couple of days after that. We are using the Whitehall Room so we can only have 50 people for our reception, we have 63 on the guest list counting us. We know certain people on our list can't come and that brings us right to about 50--perfect. So I thought...

The other day one of the guests called and says, "I need you to send one of those packages to Jim and Sue." My newsletter package included park maps to all the parks, including the water parks and downtown Disney, so I said, "Oh, are they thinking of going to Disney and need the maps?" This guest says, "Oh, yes, they are coming to the wedding." WHAT??!! :confused: They did not get a save the date or a package...uh...because they were not invited! They are cousins that we see once every 10 years! So I politely explain that we can only have 50 people and we are at 63. My guest says, "Oh, I didn't know that. They already bought plane tickets and got a hotel." ARE YOU KIDDING?! :furious: Who buys plane tickets for a wedding that they didn't get an invitation to? So I start studdering and don't know what to say or do...My guest tops it off by saying, "They can probably find somewhere for the kids while they are at the wedding..." THE KIDS? :furious::furious::furious: These people have like 3 kids and they are probably 6 to 11 years old, what would you do with them? Tie them up in your room? So I end the call with "We'll see what we can do." and I immediatly get on the phone with my future mother in law. My fmil tells me this guest was told TWICE by both my fmil and her sister that our wedding was going to be small and we were not inviting cousins, just aunts and uncles. She was also told only the children of the bridal party would be there. That is just messed up, she played me and she's Andy's Aunt, not mine! Oh, and it doesn't end there...I called Andy to tell him about my call and he tells me this: His best man called him (he is the son of the above guest). The best man said that his wife's mother is dying and has moved in with them. They are bringing her to the wedding because the wife doesn't want to leave her dying mother home alone. Huh? The best man lives in Florida, about 3 hours from Disney. They have even already RSVP'ed on our website with the 3 of them. So now we have this mother of the wife of the best man coming and have no clue who she is.

Has anyone else had this issue? What do I do? If everyone does this I could end up with 150 people....how do I get this under control?!

tiggerrifficheidi
04-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Christine-I TOTALLY feel your pain.

When we were planning, I had only met DH's immediate family, and his one favorite uncle. The rest of the extended family NEVER (as in at least the past 10 years) gets together. I asked DH to invite whomever he wanted, and we did list his aunts and uncles but ZERO cousins. Well, I don't know if the one uncle misunderstood or what, but they used it as an opportunity to make it into a family reunion, and the next thing we know his cousin has emailed DH letting him know that she, her son, her BF and her BF's two daughters would be coming!!! I was SOO pissed. We originally were using WH, as well, but with this sudden growth (and other surprises) we were too large and had to look for another location.

To make matters worse, many of the "surprises" never RSVPd and I had to haggle them for a commitment (we had 4 events: Welcome Dinner, Tea Party, Reception and Dessert Party) and I kept getting the "we'll definitely be there for the wedding, but we'll see if we can make it to the others. You know how it is with kids at Disney!!" EXCUSE ME! It was so hard to keep from telling her that she was out of her mind and that her indecision could cost me $250 per person!

In the end, we loved having our reception at Narcoossee's. It allowed me to use WH for my tea party and I loved the location on the dock. I still couldn't care less that those extra folks were there, but thankfully for us, it didn't break the bank. It was rude, and it cost us more money that they probably spent on the whole vacation, but in the end, it brought his family together.

I won't say it doesn't stink. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can only pose these questions to you that I posed to my DH 1. Apart from them inviting themselves, would you like to see them there? 2. Are you okay with them (or other family members) being ticked at you if you stick by your guns, even though it's not your fault? and 3. (and most importantly) can you afford to be the classy, gracious one?

It sounds like the answer to 1. is NO, so if no one is going to be miffed about it...make it clear that this was a no-cousin event. If someone is going to be miffed (that you care about), can you afford it? If yes, then let it roll of your back and relax. If you can't, or it will change your site plans...I would put pressure on DF and his family to enforce the rules.

Sorry that is so convoluted, but it is a ridiculous situation with no easy answer!

tiggersam00
04-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Heidi said it perfectly! I couldn't have said it better myself.

But Oh my goodness Christine! I am so sorry you are going through this added stress! How inconsiderate of them to just assume they were invited! And you know, if you decide to not include them, you can always let them use the discounted room block rate and just have them make it a vacation I spose... I cannot believe people would do this though!

auntpunkin
04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Christine-I TOTALLY feel your pain.

When we were planning, I had only met DH's immediate family, and his one favorite uncle. The rest of the extended family NEVER (as in at least the past 10 years) gets together. I asked DH to invite whomever he wanted, and we did list his aunts and uncles but ZERO cousins. Well, I don't know if the one uncle misunderstood or what, but they used it as an opportunity to make it into a family reunion, and the next thing we know his cousin has emailed DH letting him know that she, her son, her BF and her BF's two daughters would be coming!!! I was SOO pissed. We originally were using WH, as well, but with this sudden growth (and other surprises) we were too large and had to look for another location.

To make matters worse, many of the "surprises" never RSVPd and I had to haggle them for a commitment (we had 4 events: Welcome Dinner, Tea Party, Reception and Dessert Party) and I kept getting the "we'll definitely be there for the wedding, but we'll see if we can make it to the others. You know how it is with kids at Disney!!" EXCUSE ME! It was so hard to keep from telling her that she was out of her mind and that her indecision could cost me $250 per person!

In the end, we loved having our reception at Narcoossee's. It allowed me to use WH for my tea party and I loved the location on the dock. I still couldn't care less that those extra folks were there, but thankfully for us, it didn't break the bank. It was rude, and it cost us more money that they probably spent on the whole vacation, but in the end, it brought his family together.

I won't say it doesn't stink. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can only pose these questions to you that I posed to my DH 1. Apart from them inviting themselves, would you like to see them there? 2. Are you okay with them (or other family members) being ticked at you if you stick by your guns, even though it's not your fault? and 3. (and most importantly) can you afford to be the classy, gracious one?

It sounds like the answer to 1. is NO, so if no one is going to be miffed about it...make it clear that this was a no-cousin event. If someone is going to be miffed (that you care about), can you afford it? If yes, then let it roll of your back and relax. If you can't, or it will change your site plans...I would put pressure on DF and his family to enforce the rules.

Sorry that is so convoluted, but it is a ridiculous situation with no easy answer!

Heidi said it perfectly! I couldn't have said it better myself.

But Oh my goodness Christine! I am so sorry you are going through this added stress! How inconsiderate of them to just assume they were invited! And you know, if you decide to not include them, you can always let them use the discounted room block rate and just have them make it a vacation I spose... I cannot believe people would do this though!

Thanks for listening...I can't believe that others have had the same sort of issues, it's amazing that some people are so inconsiderate! What kind of answer is "We'll see"? That's worse than my cousins issue! Maybe after invitations we should send out a round of 'your un-inviteds' to those with that kind of answer:rotfl:. We are following the advice we got here and sticking to our guns with the guest list. The more we talked about it, we realized if other aunts and uncles came and saw that certain cousins there but their kids were not invited, we'd have even more people upset with us. We plan to tell the cousins that if they already have plane tickets, they are welcome to join us at the wedding chapel because that is huge, but, we're sorry, we just don't have room at the reception. We are going to let the best man bring his mother in law, mostly because he is the best man and she is just one person. I'm just so glad to have someone here to talk to about this stuff, thanks!

On a lighter note, I got my invitation materials from Cards & Pockets and I'm going to start working on them this weekend! My bridesmaids and I are also going Saturday to pick their dresses, so I should have some fun photos for the PJ! We leave in 2 weeks for our planning session and I really need to get my ideas together for that too...eek! I remember 6 months ago thinking I had nothing to do wedding wise, now I'm thinking I need a leave of absence from work to get this stuff done!

tiggerrifficheidi
04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Christine-I'm glad you've come to a resolution. I think that's the worst part...deciding what to do about it! You didn't create the mess, but you have to clean it up!

I hope the rest goes smoothly, and we can't wait to see the invites!!

camara381
04-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I just caught up. I am so sorry you have to deal with dis-respectful guests. I had a few people tell me that they were going to bring others, or so and so wants to go. That is one area I do not mind becoming a Bridezilla over!!! No is no!

How are the inivitations coming along? Can't wait to see them!

tiggersam00
04-13-2009, 03:48 PM
That sounds like a very nice compromise Christine, glad it all resolved itself. You must feel very relieved now:goodvibes. I can't wait to hear how dress shopping went this weekend, did you find anything for your BM's?

And 2 weeks until your PS you must be getting so excited!

Pirate's Princess
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
So I just read through your PJ. First off, you are super lucky Christine to get all those DVC points! That's so awesome.

Secondly, I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. What a terrible thing to happen.

Your dress is very glamorous and beautiful! I love the colors and the table set up! Plus the hydrangeas!

Ugh about the un-invited! I'm SOOO nervous about this issue when it gets to be my wedding. I want a VERY small wedding, and DBF has a large family who he's not very close to. I don't talk to half my family. Plus my parents are paying for it (which his parents don't know yet) so I know we have a limit. We want a larger home party later on to involve those who were not invited. As of now (2.5 years in advance, yes very early) his family thinks it's going to be: everyone is invited, those who can afford to go can go, and it's more like you're invited, you're not. But I love your idea for dealing with them. This way, you're including them in the most important part of the day. However, I feel there will still be hurt feelings. But it's your wedding, and if you a) don't want them there and/or b) don't want/can't afford to pay for them to be there, then just: :cool2: If your fiance doesn't care, then just put on the bridal shades, and do what YOU want to do.

auntpunkin
04-16-2009, 07:33 AM
So I just read through your PJ. First off, you are super lucky Christine to get all those DVC points! That's so awesome.

Secondly, I'm glad to hear your son is doing well. What a terrible thing to happen.

Your dress is very glamorous and beautiful! I love the colors and the table set up! Plus the hydrangeas!

Ugh about the un-invited! I'm SOOO nervous about this issue when it gets to be my wedding. I want a VERY small wedding, and DBF has a large family who he's not very close to. I don't talk to half my family. Plus my parents are paying for it (which his parents don't know yet) so I know we have a limit. We want a larger home party later on to involve those who were not invited. As of now (2.5 years in advance, yes very early) his family thinks it's going to be: everyone is invited, those who can afford to go can go, and it's more like you're invited, you're not. But I love your idea for dealing with them. This way, you're including them in the most important part of the day. However, I feel there will still be hurt feelings. But it's your wedding, and if you a) don't want them there and/or b) don't want/can't afford to pay for them to be there, then just: :cool2: If your fiance doesn't care, then just put on the bridal shades, and do what YOU want to do.

Thank you! I never thought twice about hydrangeas until I started planning this wedding, now I love them! I haven't had anymore uninvited guest issues since I added the little blub to our website. We actually did a little unofficial count the other day and we are under the 50 we want to be at, so that's great! I just keep remembering what Emily Post said, "Only invite those guests that you would not think twice about taking out to dinner and paying their tab when there is no occassion such as a wedding." I think it's my new motto.

auntpunkin
04-16-2009, 08:18 AM
A little update...We went shopping last weekend for bridesmaid dresses. My MOH got sick and couldn't go. But my other bridesmaids and I went anyway. Our first stop was Davids Bridal and I hated that place! They were just the most rude, arrogant people ever! I had to 'register' at the front desk and give them my name, phone number, deed to my house...We were then 'assigned' someone to follow us around and annoy us. The girls did find dresses that they liked but nothing anyone loved. They are all wearing different styles of the same basic black dress with light blue sashes. These are what they picked..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Amy.jpg

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Emily.jpg

And this is basically what they will look like with the sashes..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/of50590393-1.jpg

So we went to lunch. We all drank some alcohol to get over our Davids experience. We then headed over to another place which was WAY overpriced and left there within 10 minutes. We went to the hood and walked into the dirtiest store I've ever been in but they had a huge selection, and we'd been drinking...so we looked.

The girls took a couple dresses into a dressing room and I asked the really pushy saleswoman where the restroom was. She pointed and said, "Oh, it's right between those 2 benches." The 1st bench was an old backseat out of a van. It was green plaid and even had the little ashtrays in the armrests! The other bench was an old park bench...OMG. So I go into the bathroom which doubles as the janitors closet. There are mop buckets and chemicals all over but, as I straddled the toilet, ---no way am I sitting--- I read the sign stapled to the wall...."If you go #2 make sure you flush twice." Now, I've been drinking, so this is funny as hell. As I come out of the bathroom craving disinfectant, I hear one of my bridesmaids yelling my name. I went in her dressing room and she is literally stuck in a dress! I could not stop laughing and wouldn't help her out of it until I took this photo..

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1558.jpg

Somehow she has one arm down in the dress and the other is sticking straight out the top and she seriously couldn't get out of the thing :rotfl2:
So, since I'm a little smaller, I tried the dress on so they could see what it looked like. Then I got stuck with both my arms sticking out the top...thank God the saleswoman came and helped me before the evil bridesmaids could find my camera!

By this time we had 7 or 8 dresses hanging on the hook in the dressing room...the saleswoman kept bringing us the ugliest dresses she had in stock. Then the hook with all the dresses gave way. All the dresses fell on the floor. The saleslady came back right at that moment with another nasty dress, she saw the dresses on the floor and yelled at us like we were in 3rd grade. I pointed to the broken hook and she changed back into her 'other' personality telling us that they thought they'd fixed that hook. Holy crap, at this point I think we're staying at this place because it's just too hilarious to leave!

Every dress in this place is a size 6, 8 or 10 so there isn't much my girls can actually try but there is one dress I just loved! So I tried it on for them, they didn't seem all that excited about it but I really fell in love with it. I think I may buy it to wear at my rehearsal dinner. This is 'my' dress....

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/untitled-1.jpg

I would probably get it in black with an ivory sash. I think I'll find someplace to buy it other than where I found it though!

So after all that, we still haven't actually ordered any dresses, we have to let the MOH look. I'm hoping that she gets some free time tomorrow so we can go look around.

tiggersam00
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: that place sounds hysterical! You have me in tears over here:lmao:

camara381
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
OMG!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: That place is hysterical!!!!:lmao::lmao: I love your RD dress really cute!!!

auntpunkin
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm feeling like I'm on a roll with my arts and crafts...things are getting done. I ordered my little favor boxes and the ribbon to go around them...
This is the ribbon...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/e533_1.jpg

and these are the boxes (minus the white ribbon)
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/BOX_2PC20WHT_100.jpg

I also finished by welcome bags, at least the outside of them. I'm going to shop for the contents once we get to Orlando...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1567.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1568.jpg

I have the front monograms and the accommodations portion of my pocketfolds done. :yay:

I'm considering adding some bright pink roses into my flower plan, just a few, but I like them and darn it, I'm going to put them somewhere! This is the only photo I've found even close to that idea...

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/wedding_ceremony.jpg

Next week is my planning session so hopefully I get some help with the flower stuff. I can't wait! :woohoo:

auntpunkin
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I just caught up. I am so sorry you have to deal with dis-respectful guests. I had a few people tell me that they were going to bring others, or so and so wants to go. That is one area I do not mind becoming a Bridezilla over!!! No is no!

How are the inivitations coming along? Can't wait to see them!

It's amazing isn't it? I'm glad I'm not the only one out there going Bridezilla over that issue!

I'm hoping to have the invitations done by the end of the weekend. I'm thinking I don't even have to send them out until like July. When are you sending yours?

auntpunkin
04-20-2009, 09:01 AM
I've had a very productive weekend! I pretty much have the templates for my invites done (invite and the inserts), I figured out my ceremony music and I even managed to work in the backyard a little. I'm getting really nervous about the planning session...it's Friday! I just don't have any "I've got to have that" ideas in my head other than chair sashes; I would think I'd have more of a clear cut plan by now of what exactly I'm doing. :confused3

I still have to find the right ribbon for the invites. I'm also looking for some sort of subtle Disney charm or something to put under where the inserts line up. I'm hoping to find something in Downtown Disney this weekend. Here's sneak peek... ;)
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1574.jpg

I'm still not sure on the colors, I think the blues are too bright and I need to grey up the date portion a little, but I have the wording and layout right. The little thingy poking out of the bottom of the pocket is actually the monogram that goes on the front...

Here is what I have for music, we are doing all Disney scores (no words) until the recessional...

Seating of the guests, parents, entrance of Rev. Day:
1. Fairy Dance (Peter Pan)
2. Bambi and the Great Prince (Bambi II)
3. Transformation (Beauty and the Beast)
*(I cut off the end of it, where there is singing)

Entrance of the Groom, groomsmen:
1. The Medallion Calls (Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl)

Entrance of the bridesmaids:
1. Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Lion King: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)

Entrance of the Bride:
1. Peter Returns (Peter Pan)

Recessional:
1. A Moment Like This (Kelly Clarkston)
(song starts 2min and 26sec into it)
2. Flying (Peter Pan)

I actually have some of the songs embedded in our website if you're curious... I downloaded the Royal Philharmonic version of Can You Feel the Love from itunes so I can't use that one on the website.

http://www.disneyfairytale.weddingwindow.com

And I picked out some shoes!
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/82557lg-1.jpg

I HAVE to find a place to get my dress bustled!! I'm just not sure who to trust with my dress! :scared:

OMG! It's just getting too close so fast! :scared1::scared1:

auntpunkin
04-22-2009, 07:29 PM
We're off for our PS! I'm so excited, I just know I'm going to cry when I see the wedding pavilion again. I'll be sure to take lots of photos! :yay::yay:

camara381
04-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Yay Have a great time!!!!! Can't wait till you get back!

pink_tink8i8
04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
that's so exciting! can't wait to hear all about it!

tiggersam00
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
have a blast! Cant wait to hear all abotu it:goodvibes

auntpunkin
04-29-2009, 08:59 AM
We're back from the planning session...and I wouldn't have missed that opportunity for the world! It was just awesome to get a little backstage tour in the kitchen at the Grand Floridian conference center and spend time looking at the wedding chapel and Whitehall room again! Not to mention getting some peace of mind that everything is going to go alright by talking face to face with our planner and florist...

Our planning session was at 9:30am at the Grand Floridian conference center. We met with our planner, Diane Bowen, and she pointed out this sign..
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009007.jpg

As we entered the kitchen they had another sign welcoming us
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2435.jpg

They had a little table set up for the 4 of us (Andy's parents were with us)
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2440.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009011.jpg

And here is Diane
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2439.jpg
I was really upset when I lost my consultant, Stacey Meachem, and got a planner. Stacey is just the greatest! But Diane is just as wonderful!

Our chef, Joe, and server, Karen...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2442.jpg
Joe was so awesome, I loved him!

So on with the food porn.. One of Andy's favorite things is the Chicken Crunch at Planet Hollywood so I asked that they try to recreate that. Planet Hollywood is not owned by Disney so they didn't know the recipe and I guess that there was a big discussion on how it is made...come to find out the crust is made with Captian Crunch cereal and Joe did a fantastic job recreating it for us..
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009013.jpg

Then came the shrimp cocktail, which had the biggest shrimp ever!
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009014.jpg

Next we tasted parmesan encrusted chicken with a mushroom sauce, redskin mashed potatoes and veggies..
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009017.jpg
Everyone was sold on this, it was delicious!

After that was New York strip steak. It looked so good that we forgot to take a photo before we started eating it!
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009018.jpg

Finally, we tried the cheesecake. It was more like a whip cream, it was so light and fluffy.
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009019.jpg

So we've decided that we are doing a fruit display at the pre-reception. For the reception, we will have the shrimp cocktail served to each guest at their seat before the go out to the buffet on the patio. I'm guessing this is when we'll have the best man do his toast. After that, the chef will have a grill set up out on the patio of the Whitehall room to grill the New York strip steak to order and on the buffet we're having the parmesan chicken, mashed potatoes and vegetables. We are not doing the dessert because we'll have the wedding cake. We loved the chicken crunch but really didn't want 2 chicken items on the menu; if we come in under budge (yeah, right) we'd add it to the pre-reception.

After the tasting, which lasted from 9:30 to about 11, we had a couple hours to kill before our planning session at 1pm so we wandered through the wedding pavillion and the patio of the Whitehall room (there was a meeting in the room itself). It was the first time Andy's parents saw the venues and I think they were really happy with our choices.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2449.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2452.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009037.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_2448.jpg

Here's Andy adding up the cost, poor guy...and he hasn't even seen the cost of the chairs I picked out..:rotfl:
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloridaApril2009041.jpg

At the afternoon planning session Diane went over a timeline of when I have to have certain things done...and I was a little shocked. I have to have a guest count to her by July 10 for our Sept 3 wedding! Which means our invites need to go out by June 4th or so....thank goodness I've been working on them already! We had already given them our $2000 deposit and we found out they need the remainder of our minimum ($9000) by June 3rd, another shocker! (They make you give them an extra $1000 in case you add people later but refund it if you don't). Andy went into visable shock at this point...but we ended up just paying it right then and there so we wouldn't have to worry about it. So, happy news, the wedding is pretty much paid for!!:thumbsup2

We decided that we are going to ask Randy, our photographer, to arrive at 9:30am. We will take our getting ready photos at the Wilderness Lodge, then move over to the Grand Floridian for more photos until 11:45am. The wedding is at noon. After the wedding we will have about another 1/2 hour of photos before we can go to the pre-reception and meet up with our guests. We were originally going to have Randy start at 10:30am but Diane said, since we plan to see each other before the wedding, we could start him a little earlier and not have to do as many photos after the wedding itself. If we hadn't done that, we would pretty much miss the pre-reception.

We had Elizabeth as our florist. She was very nice but I just didn't get a real feel for exactly what this is going to look like. We are doing light blue hydrangea's with off white and magenta roses in square glass vases for the reception. I may need to go to a local florist and ask them to put something together so I can see what it looks like. Good thing is I can change my mind up until some time in August.

I had a hard time with the cake tasting too...I didn't like more of the filling flavors than what I did like. I loved the dark chocolate mousse though. Our 1st layer will be yellow cake with the dark chocolate, the 2nd layer is chocolate cake with 2 layers of white chocolate and 1 layer of strawberry mousse, the 3rd layer is chocolate with Bailey's and something else that I forgot...:lmao: After we made our choices, Andy's dad proceeded to eat the rest of everything on the tasting tray....he loves his cake!

We're doing this cake but square with our own cake top...

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/20080531213953-779778.jpg

As we were finishing up, Diane remembered that she had someone getting married the following night who was using all blue hydrangea's. She told me that if I wanted to go over there before the guests arrived I could see what it all looked like. We went and it was incredible! I later learned that the wedding was one of our own Dis couples, Anna & DJ! She had one of the ballrooms at the GF for her reception and the Whitehall room for her pre-reception. She had the most beautiful day for a wedding, it was about 84 with a nice breeze, beautiful blue sky's and no humidity! I really wanted to hang around and try to catch a glimpse of Anna in her dress, but Andy had enough wedding stuff for one day and dragged me away..:sad2:

A couple of nights later we had to jump off a bus at the GF to use the restroom on our way to Downtown Disney. The band that plays on the balcony started playing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" as we walked in. It's one of the songs I have in my processional and I immediatly started bawling. The PS just made everything all feel so real; This is really going to happen to me!

camara381
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Yay!!!! You're back!!! I love the food choices, the pics are making me hungry!!!! The cake is beautiful! So glad you like you Wedding Planner, transitioning away from the SC is hard but at least you are in good hands.

I can't wait to see how everything comes together, it's going to be gorgeous!

tiggersam00
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
yay for the wedding being paid for! That must be a huge relief on you both, love the counting pic btw lol!

Oh and I can totally feel your pain about losing Stacey, we had her too and she was fabulous! I was so sad to lose her, but so far we have had good luck with our planner Marion and her assistant Jen as well so I am happy.

Your PS looks like fun, all the food looks yummy. I am debating adding Parmesean Chicken to the menu or not for ours right now, but after your review and pics I think we may just have too :)

Lynn5700
04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
OOOh I love the cake!!!

That chicken looks so good!!!

auntpunkin
04-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Yay!!!! You're back!!! I love the food choices, the pics are making me hungry!!!! The cake is beautiful! So glad you like you Wedding Planner, transitioning away from the SC is hard but at least you are in good hands.

I can't wait to see how everything comes together, it's going to be gorgeous!

Thanks, we had such a great time! I was glad to be back though, I have a lot to do!!

yay for the wedding being paid for! That must be a huge relief on you both, love the counting pic btw lol!

Oh and I can totally feel your pain about losing Stacey, we had her too and she was fabulous! I was so sad to lose her, but so far we have had good luck with our planner Marion and her assistant Jen as well so I am happy.

Your PS looks like fun, all the food looks yummy. I am debating adding Parmesean Chicken to the menu or not for ours right now, but after your review and pics I think we may just have too :)

Thank you! I wasn't too sure about the parmesan chicken until I tried it, it is really good! They are going to serve the chicken separately from the mushroom sauce so that guests can decide for themselves if the want it and how much they want. They are also going to serve the sauce Joe used with the chicken crunch on the side so guests will have their choice of using that if they prefer. I can't remember what exactly that sauce was but I actually liked that better than the mushroom sauce.

I'm glad you are happy with your planner too! I wonder when they will promote Stacey to planner so they can quit hearing brides say they don't want to leave her! She really does go above and beyond.

OOOh I love the cake!!!

That chicken looks so good!!!

Thank you! I really love the cake too, I'm a little worried about the flavors we picked though...I need to go read some trip reports to see what everyone else did with that. Honestly, the chicken was great but those mashed taters were to die for! Joe said that he had to put pixie dust in them to get rid of the 1000 calories per serving; I guess they are loaded with cream, butter and other magic Disney stuff!

auntpunkin
05-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, my BEO (minus floral and cake) is in. Considering I'm having shrimp cocktail and New York strip steak grilled right on the patio, I think I'm happy with it. My planner said if I eliminate the shrimp cocktail we'd immediatly save $8pp. I'm going to wait to see where we come in with cake and floral before I nix it.

This is what I have, it's based on 50 guests:

Wedding Pavilion: $2662.50
1 Limo: $376.64

Ipod setup: $360
Bar, call brands, based on 50 guests for 4 hours,
billed on consumption: $1546.38
43 custom buffet dinners at $72 each: $3989.66
(with tax & gratuity it's actually $92pp)
6 children's meals at $23 each: $177.83
1 vendor meal at $23 each: $29.64
49 fruit with dip at $8 each: $505.15
Bartender fee: $106.50

GRAND TOTAL: $9754.30

I think our guest count is actually more like 29 adults and 6 children, so I really think I'm going to be close to our $10000.01 goal (I found a penny in the sofa today) :rotfl:

Another thing I thought was really great was that my DF prefers Coors Light beer but it is not on the 'beer list'. He mentioned it and they traded out one brand and added the Coors. Of course I had to chime in then saying that I like Malibu Rum, not a problem, they switched out the Captain Morgan for the Malibu. ...just in case anyone else had that question :flower3:.

camara381
05-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Wow that is an awesome BEO!!!! You did really good, I am very impressed!

Pirate's Princess
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice jobs on keeping the costs low...or at least close to the mins. The food sounds yummy!! And I questioned the mushroom sauce but I'm glad it tastes delicious.

And that cake is so lovely!!! Are you going to still have all those layers if it's for 50 people???

I'm glad to know you can have good food and still get the minimums (but booze!!)

Stephie77
05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Your BEO is really great for 50 people! Good job!! I love all the pics and getting married the same places as you so it was helpful. I have my planning session in June and so excited especially when i see the pics and read your BEO which sounds so reasonable! The food looks sooo good! I am glad you had a great PS! :goodvibes

auntpunkin
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow that is an awesome BEO!!!! You did really good, I am very impressed!

I was really expecting that I would have to make changes, it felt like we were asking for only the expensive things. I was really happy the price was so reasonable and I don't have to change a thing!

Nice jobs on keeping the costs low...or at least close to the mins. The food sounds yummy!! And I questioned the mushroom sauce but I'm glad it tastes delicious.

And that cake is so lovely!!! Are you going to still have all those layers if it's for 50 people???

I'm glad to know you can have good food and still get the minimums (but booze!!)

Thank you! We are having only 3 of the layers, they are taking out the one under the top one. We are having them make it a square cake and the minimum cake size for a square feeds 60. I think we are going to invite the rest of the September brides over to our resort for cake the next day :lmao:

Your BEO is really great for 50 people! Good job!! I love all the pics and getting married the same places as you so it was helpful. I have my planning session in June and so excited especially when i see the pics and read your BEO which sounds so reasonable! The food looks sooo good! I am glad you had a great PS! :goodvibes

Oh thank you so much, you're going to have the best time! Andrew didn't want to go to a planning session but I put my foot down! It's a once in a lifetime deal where you get taken into the kitchen at Disney and a chef cooks just for you; I wouldn't have missed it for the world! I seriously felt like the only person ever to be married at Disney; they made such a fuss over us! And Andrew is really glad he went now

I can guess that without the shrimp cocktail and using something a little less expensive than the new york strip steak, that price would be even less! So it is do-able! My planner also said that it is always cheaper to do plated meals because they can control the portions. We just wanted to do a buffet so people could mingle a little more.

The one mistake I made was not researching cake flavors and requesting certain ones. There were some flavors they gave us to try that I would've known that we would'nt like.

I'm glad to help! :hug: Make sure to take photos at your ps for us!

auntpunkin
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I have shoes! Well, I bought them anyways...they haven't arrived yet. I bought 2 pair, they were on sale and I couldn't decide. I justified it by telling myself I need a pair for my rehearsal dinner but don't tell Andrew or I'll have more photos of him counting costs and getting gray hair :rotfl2: !

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/41Y9dFrQOiL__SS500_.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/82557lg-1.jpg

And I just realized I never posted my ring! Andrew did well, I love it!
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/DM36500700_PR_75_zoom-1.jpg

I booked Anna from Beauty Speciale today also, so things are moving right along!

tiggersam00
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Great BEO Christine! And hey every penny counts so keep looking in those couch cusions! You did great especially all the food you have, the steaks sound awesome btw I didn't know you could do that, I bet your guests will love it:goodvibes

auntpunkin
05-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Great BEO Christine! And hey every penny counts so keep looking in those couch cusions! You did great especially all the food you have, the steaks sound awesome btw I didn't know you could do that, I bet your guests will love it:goodvibes

Thanks, I was all set to have my heart broke and thought I'd be way over budget! I loved the grilling on the patio idea the second the chef mentioned it. I had asked him how the steaks would be cooked; wondering how each guest would get their steak the way they liked it. That's when he said that they could have a chef right there on the patio. He said that they would already have a few of steaks cooked and the guest could take one of those steaks or, if they wanted it a little more done, he would grill it a little longer right there for them. He called it an "action station". I took this grill photo last February....

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/079.jpg

That photo makes me really glad I'm getting chair covers!!

pink_tink8i8
05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
your BEO is amazing! and I LOVE your cake :goodvibes

camara381
05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
The grilling on the patio is such an awesome idea, very unique! I love your ring so beautiful.

Have you recevied your floral proposal yet? I am still waiting on my 2nd revised one.

The shoes are so cute. I am still searching, I feel so behind!

auntpunkin
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Well, my floral proposal is in...I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's $4391.79. I'm really stunned that I have $550 just in petals for the aisle and stagged exit; that's ridiculous! I'm going to eliminate the chiavali chairs, but I already knew I'd probably do that.

I think my floral planner and I just aren't on the same wavelength. I really just can't get a feel from her for what we are doing. I've emailed her back and forth several times, telling her my concerns but I just don't think she gets it. I sent her a photo of a sweetheart table I loved with a low unity arrangement in the middle and a large, square vase on each side. Then I got my proposal and it says one vase on the sweetheart table? These vases are 8 inches tall, and with flowers in them, I'm thinking they will be over a foot tall. If we put one vase on the sweetheart table won't Andy and I be basically hidden behind it? We haven't talked at all about how the cake table will be decorated; I'm really shocked that she hasn't asked anything about it. Am I the only one who can't get it just right with their floral planner??? Oh no, am I becoming a floral bridezilla?

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/FloralBEO.jpg

Here's that pink rose color she's talking about in my proposal again...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/wedding_ceremony-1.jpg

I also got my cake price; $870 with all the fees and whatever. I had Diane change the cake from square to round. The square serves 60 and the round serves 50. Our guest count is down to about 35-40 right now and I thought it was a waste to do the square. I'm really happy with that because I was budgeting $1000.

This is the cake again. We are having 3 layers (taking out the 2nd layer down)...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/20080531213953-779778.jpg

I'm considering separating the layers and doing something like this...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/6598_1_2292.jpg
and the top...
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/97403.jpg

I ordered some stamps from Zazzle for my invitations. Hopefully they come this weekend so I can finish the invites; they need to go out by June 4!

I also ordered an engraveable guest book, I thought it was really unique and can't wait to see it! http://www.idoengravables.com/
(Use code "guest book" for free engraving)

auntpunkin
05-23-2009, 09:24 PM
I have finally finished my invitations!!! I am so glad that's over! I did them myself. All the supplies were from cardsandpockets.com; the stamps were from zazzle.com. I'm kinda proud of me today :lmao:

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1651.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1653.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1654.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1656.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1657.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/IMG_1658.jpg

tiggerrifficheidi
05-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Beautiful! Very impressive! I don't have that kind of talent (or patience!)

pink_tink8i8
05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
wow! your invitations are so nice :goodvibes

auntpunkin
05-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Beautiful! Very impressive! I don't have that kind of talent (or patience!)

wow! your invitations are so nice :goodvibes

Thank you! It certainly wasn't talent, it was Photoshop and Publisher! I'll never look at a wedding invitation the same again and I'll cherish the ones I get that the bride makes herself a little more for sure!

LeesyUD
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Christine, your PJ is great! You've had some crazy stuff happen already! Love everything so far!! I wish I had done black bridesmaids dresses also - but the cornflower blue looked so nice next to my ivory dress. Oh well what can you do? I can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!

auntpunkin
05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Christine, your PJ is great! You've had some crazy stuff happen already! Love everything so far!! I wish I had done black bridesmaids dresses also - but the cornflower blue looked so nice next to my ivory dress. Oh well what can you do? I can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!

Thanks! I know, the crazy stuff is really getting old...I'm ready for normal! I was originally going to do blue dresses too but my bridesmaids wanted something they may wear again. I really think the blue is a better color for the time of year. I was hoping maybe my MOH would do a blue dress with black sash, but she wants black too. Oh well....

Pirate's Princess
05-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Those invites are gorgeous! I wish I had that talent. Very nice!!!

LeesyUD
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Your invites look fantastic by the way!! I was going to make mine but in the essence of time I decided not to.

auntpunkin
06-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Those invites are gorgeous! I wish I had that talent. Very nice!!!

Thank you so much!

Your invites look fantastic by the way!! I was going to make mine but in the essence of time I decided not to.

Thank you! I think I spent nearly a month of weekends getting them the way I wanted. If I were being paid by the hour, I owe myself like $5000! :lmao:

auntpunkin
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here lately....just a few updates.

I got my "guest book". I ordered an engravable frame from idoengravables.com. I love it! It's really high quality and I love the idea that we'll have something we can hang on the wall, rather than put away in a box somewhere. It came in a box that will be really easy for me to ship to Orlando.

Andrew and I went to Men's Warehouse Tux today, he picked a really nice tux with a shirt and tie that match the ivory in my dress perfectly. The groomsmen will have a frost blue vest and tie. I was really happy with his choices and that's one more thing off the list!

A while back I bought some white favor boxes that shipped flat. They arrived and were just plain cheap looking junk. I put one together and it was a nightmare, tearing and looking all crooked. I finally found a place that sells favor boxes that are pre-made, www.weddingfavorstolove.com. They arrived and they are perfect! I'm really happy that I decided to buy them and only .49 each!

We made our final payment for the vacation part of our wedding yesterday. Ouch.

I just got my updated BEO with the cake and floral...$13,994. I had to end my chaivali chair dream and go with chair covers and sashes, but I had expected that. But it's really the only thing I cut. I'm having a hard time swallowing the $400 to sprinkle petals down the aisle at the WP though; at that price they should carpet it all the way to Franck's!

I took my invites to the post office and asked them what the postage should be. I read somewhere that it might be more with the pocketfolds. I'm glad I checked, it is .62 and I only put .44 cent stamps on them. So I had to order another round of personalized stamps from Zazzle.com.

I got news that my brother who lives in Colorado is coming to the wedding! I haven't seen my nieces in nearly 3 years, so that really made my day!

We made our rehearsal dinner reservations at Ohana and made regular dining reservations for the first 9 days of our trip. We finally got reservations at LeCellier for dinner!

I send Randy Chapman a check nearly 3 weeks ago and he hasn't gotten it yet. That really bothers me and I may need to cancel the check and send another. My first check took a while to get to him too, but not this long!!!

I guess it's been just a whole lot of little things. I still need to take my dress in and have a bustle added, write out the vows and make a cd for the ceremony and get my ipod ready for the reception, but I think the major things are done!

camara381
06-07-2009, 12:43 PM
It's been pretty quiet around here lately....just a few updates.

I got my "guest book". I ordered an engravable frame from idoengravables.com. I love it! It's really high quality and I love the idea that we'll have something we can hang on the wall, rather than put away in a box somewhere. It came in a box that will be really easy for me to ship to Orlando.

Andrew and I went to Men's Warehouse Tux today, he picked a really nice tux with a shirt and tie that match the ivory in my dress perfectly. The groomsmen will have a frost blue vest and tie. I was really happy with his choices and that's one more thing off the list!

A while back I bought some white favor boxes that shipped flat. They arrived and were just plain cheap looking junk. I put one together and it was a nightmare, tearing and looking all crooked. I finally found a place that sells favor boxes that are pre-made, www.weddingfavorstolove.com. They arrived and they are perfect! I'm really happy that I decided to buy them and only .49 each!

We made our final payment for the vacation part of our wedding yesterday. Ouch.

I just got my updated BEO with the cake and floral...$13,994. I had to end my chaivali chair dream and go with chair covers and sashes, but I had expected that. But it's really the only thing I cut. I'm having a hard time swallowing the $400 to sprinkle petals down the aisle at the WP though; at that price they should carpet it all the way to Franck's!

I took my invites to the post office and asked them what the postage should be. I read somewhere that it might be more with the pocketfolds. I'm glad I checked, it is .62 and I only put .44 cent stamps on them. So I had to order another round of personalized stamps from Zazzle.com.

I got news that my brother who lives in Colorado is coming to the wedding! I haven't seen my nieces in nearly 3 years, so that really made my day!

We made our rehearsal dinner reservations at Ohana and made regular dining reservations for the first 9 days of our trip. We finally got reservations at LeCellier for dinner!

I send Randy Chapman a check nearly 3 weeks ago and he hasn't gotten it yet. That really bothers me and I may need to cancel the check and send another. My first check took a while to get to him too, but not this long!!!

I guess it's been just a whole lot of little things. I still need to take my dress in and have a bustle added, write out the vows and make a cd for the ceremony and get my ipod ready for the reception, but I think the major things are done!

Hey Christine, I haven't been on here for a while but I thought I would come and check on how things were going. I think all products from Idoengravables are amazing! That's were we got our platter from!! I hope you post a picture!!!
The invitations are beautiful, they look prof. I am so jealous I haven't even started. Ugh. You did really good on your BEO. The stuff on the floral propsal is so overpriced. They are charging me $80 for 20 floating candles!!!
Yay for your brother going!!!! We also made our rehearsal dinner ressies at 'ohanas, ours is for the 4th.
TTYS.

auntpunkin
06-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Christine, I haven't been on here for a while but I thought I would come and check on how things were going. I think all products from Idoengravables are amazing! That's were we got our platter from!! I hope you post a picture!!!
The invitations are beautiful, they look prof. I am so jealous I haven't even started. Ugh. You did really good on your BEO. The stuff on the floral propsal is so overpriced. They are charging me $80 for 20 floating candles!!!
Yay for your brother going!!!! We also made our rehearsal dinner ressies at 'ohanas, ours is for the 4th.
TTYS.

I think I actually went over to Idoengravables after seeing your platter! I'm really, really happy with them! I'm starting to wish I had another year to plan though, it's just coming so fast now! I hope we can find some time to meet up when we're there, that would be so fun!

Pirate's Princess
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey Christine! Just caught up. Everything sounds great! You are so creative! I love your monograms!

ghoulish delight
06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Hi Christine! Now, I saw your gorgeous monograms over on Mandy's PJ, saw you had your own and had to come check it out! ;)

I just read through your entire PJ, and I can't wait to see the final product! Your wedding is going to be phenomenal!! :thumbsup2 I love your colors, your gown, your invites (I wish I could do my own!! Was it terribly difficult? Do you think it's more costly to do your own?), your floral and cake! It's all so so lovely!

OH! And you are so incredibly lucky to get the DVC points from that nice lady! What are the odds? Good things do happen to good people, afterall! :goodvibes

I'll definitely be keeping up with the rest, and will look forward to your TR once it's here!

PrincessinLuv
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
So I'm new to the site, and I was peeking through your Planning Journal. Your wedding is going to be so amazing! I loved the invitations, you did an amazing job!

Congratulations and I can't wait to see more!! :yay:

auntpunkin
06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey Christine! Just caught up. Everything sounds great! You are so creative! I love your monograms!

Thanks so much! If I was that creative I would've picked your colors, they are going to be gorgeous! I had fun making your monograms!

auntpunkin
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Christine! Now, I saw your gorgeous monograms over on Mandy's PJ, saw you had your own and had to come check it out! ;)

I just read through your entire PJ, and I can't wait to see the final product! Your wedding is going to be phenomenal!! :thumbsup2 I love your colors, your gown, your invites (I wish I could do my own!! Was it terribly difficult? Do you think it's more costly to do your own?), your floral and cake! It's all so so lovely!

OH! And you are so incredibly lucky to get the DVC points from that nice lady! What are the odds? Good things do happen to good people, afterall! :goodvibes

I'll definitely be keeping up with the rest, and will look forward to your TR once it's here!

Funny thing...I think I like some of the monograms I made for other people more than my own! I just finished a few more for Sam & Mike, she made awesome color choices!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm so excited to wear that dress! I love it!

As far as the invites, they were tricky. I wanted hydrangeas on them and had to search forever to find a hydrangea brush to use with Photoshop. I'm really not that creative, and everything I've done I didn't know how to do before the wedding planning started. I just started playing around with Microsoft Publisher and Photoshop, and I downloaded a bunch of fonts from dafont.com. If I can do it, anyone can! Just practice on plain paper cut to the size of your invites. I spent about $100 on my invites but that was after I LEARNED to do trial prints first! If you need advice, I'd definately try to help!

auntpunkin
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
So I'm new to the site, and I was peeking through your Planning Journal. Your wedding is going to be so amazing! I loved the invitations, you did an amazing job!

Congratulations and I can't wait to see more!! :yay:

I'm glad you stopped by! I wonder sometimes how I would've done anything without the other Dis Brides sharing their ideas, questions and photos. I'll have to stop in on your PJ and see what your plans are so far!

Thanks, I was really happy with how my invites turned out too! ;)

MainStMandy
06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I love your invites!

Quick question...how much are they charging to cover the chairs outside?

auntpunkin
06-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I love your invites!

Quick question...how much are they charging to cover the chairs outside?

Thanks!

I know I'm being charged $8.50 per chair. I guess my florist never mentioned covering the outside chairs, we were talking about the chairs in the Whitehall room, but I definately want the outside ones covered! I'm glad you mentioned that, I'll have to ask to be sure they cover them! I'd guess they are the same price...

LLLBelle
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
I had to check out your PJ after seeing your beautiful monograms for Mandy and Sam (I may have to request some myself :))! I love all your plans so far, your dress is gorgeous! I love the invites you made, I'm making my own as well, my DFi is cutting the paper, waiting for me to glue them together as I type this :laughing: I totally know what you mean though, it has taken me at least two months of tinkering to get them right.

You are so close now, I can not wait to see how everything comes together. It will be beautiful!

auntpunkin
06-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I had to check out your PJ after seeing your beautiful monograms for Mandy and Sam (I may have to request some myself :))! I love all your plans so far, your dress is gorgeous! I love the invites you made, I'm making my own as well, my DFi is cutting the paper, waiting for me to glue them together as I type this :laughing: I totally know what you mean though, it has taken me at least two months of tinkering to get them right.

You are so close now, I can not wait to see how everything comes together. It will be beautiful!

Oh, thank you. I have so much fun making those monograms! Just let me know, I'd love to try to help!

At least your DF is helping! Mine went the opposite way whenever I was working on our invites! It does take some tinkering, but in the end you get exactly what you want and it's worth it! Make sure you post photo's! I love seeing what everyone is making, there are so many creative Dis brides!

Thanks, I sure hope it turns out beautiful! But that's the best thing about having a Disney wedding, you could pick plaid and polka dots, Disney would make it beautiful...they don't let anything be ugly! Good Lord, I hope..:eek:

Ann117
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
So I finally have read your PJ. I love everything. The way you are decorating the White hall room is amazing!! Also the invitations are great.

Stephie77
07-05-2009, 11:37 PM
hi christine. just catching up on your PJ. i love your invitations, they came out beautiful and so professional looking!! so excited for you that your wedding is so close. can't wait to hear the final plans.:thumbsup2

camara381
07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Christine! Just checking in, how's everything?

AlternateEgo
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
So close to your wedding day!! How is your planning coming along?

auntpunkin
08-30-2009, 05:36 AM
Sorry I haven't updated in a long time! We ended up moving to a new house in the middle of all of this! Our new house does not have cable or dsl access, so I went a while with no internet!! :scared1:

We are flying to Orlando for our wedding in a couple of hours! I wanted to thank everyone for all the advice and friendship I've found here during our planning. I'll bring back tons of photos! :flower3:

Christine

DISNEY*lover
08-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Have a safe trip! I wish you good luck and enjoy your day as I hear it goes by incredibley fast! Take lots and lots of pictures! Hope to see you in the world!! :goodvibes

Sarah <3 Disney
09-03-2009, 08:31 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY! :goodvibes

Stephie77
09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
happy wedding day!!

AdWayInc
09-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Happy Wedding day...
Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures!

LLLBelle
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Happy Wedding Day!

puente0629
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Happy Wedding Day!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!

MainStMandy
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Happy wedding day!!

DISNEY*lover
09-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Happy wedding day! I hope it's truely magical! :flower3:

CinderelliT
09-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Happy wedding day! Congratulations!

Pirate's Princess
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Happy Wedding Christine!! You are the best!!!

MegKate
09-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Happy Wedding Day Christine!!! :goodvibes

malibustacey
09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!

Cant wait to see all your photos! :goodvibes

auntpunkin
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, I haven't told you guys a thing about the wedding! Sorry! I got a call while we were on our honeymoon from our realtor saying our house was sold! So it's been a whirlwind of moving and trying to get caught up at work after being gone for 2 weeks..

First, it was worth it! I would do it all over again and, in fact, wish I could!

A couple things that I would've done differently:
Diane suggested I set my hair appt. for 8am and start Randy with photos at 9:30. My hair didn't get finished until 10am! I was really pressed for time. Our limo was taking us over to the GF at 10:15 and I didn't even have my dress on! So, I'd say for a noon wedding, start your hair at 7am, or even 6!

Next, I asked about having music on the patio of the Whitehall room and was told they could put a speaker out there. When we arrived there was no speaker, no music outside...and that really dissappointed me as most of our guests were out there! If that's important to you, bring it up more than I did and ask about it the minute you see your planner the day of the wedding!

I also hated the orange chairs from the Whitehall room and had them covered. However, to my horror, they didn't cover the ones on the patio. Again, something I should have addressed specifically.

Other than those couple things, everything else was above my expectations!

Diane Bowen was constantly watching me and wouldn't let me lift a finger...she is incredible and if you have her for a planner, you're blessed! She met our limo as it arrived at the Whitehall room and literally handed Andy and I a drink right as we stepped out in the parking lot...I can't say enough about how much I love her!

My floral was exactly what I wanted! In fact, I was surprised at how huge my centerpieces were...just incredible!

Randy Chapman was great and is very cool. He made everyone feel so at ease with all the photos. I've been married for 46 days now and still don't have any photos :confused:...

We had 4 days of drama leading up to the wedding, but I'll tell you about that when I have a little more time!

Here are a couple photos taken by our wedding guests...

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1376.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1380.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1392.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1407.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1397.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1414.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1106.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/IMG_1328.jpg
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w325/auntpunkin/Our%20Wedding/f36ce7a7.jpg

Pirate's Princess
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow Christine. It looked like you had an amazing wedding!! Love the girls and guys shots. Too bad about the proff. pics. Hopefully they'll be in soon. Congrats on the move! I can't wait to read more. :-D

malibustacey
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
more piccys!!! hehe!! you looked soooo lovely!!!

Ann117
10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Everything looks amazing cant wait to see more!

padisneyfour
10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Everyhting looks so pretty! Looks like you had a great time. love the pic of you and you BMs looking forward to seeing more pics.... congrats.:goodvibes

Stephie77
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Great pics! you look beautiful. i am glad you had a beautiful wedding. can't wait to see more pics!!!