PDA

View Full Version : Oasis of the Seas Deck plans posted

sahd2one
08-18-2008, 08:45 AM
secure. royalcaribbean. com / content / en_US / pdf / Oasis_Deck_Plans.pdf

REMOVE SPACES

Big I tell you...big. The inside balconies facing the Aquatheatre!

The pool on the aft that lowers its floor at night for high dive acts.

Just incredible.

nikkistevej
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow- that thing is huge!!

Fizzgig
08-18-2008, 10:35 AM
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Oasis_Deck_Plans.pdf

RCCL isn't a prohibited website, or the URL would show up in stars.

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh geesh, you are talking about it here too. I just left the RCCL site to take a break from Oasis. I have been talking about it since midnight last night. Now I have a migraine. :sick:

So yes, deck plans are released. They got leaked last night but RCCL added them to the site this morning. Prices were suppose to be sent out today, now they are saying tomorrow. :confused3

Booking starts Thursday for C&A diamonds/D+

The rest of C&A can book on Tuesday, then the general public on Sept 3rd.

So I already have my cabin picked out for Tuesday. ;)

On those deck plans, RCCL is withholding the H20 zone, flow rider and whatever else is on the pool deck. I am hoping to see a Lazy River. :banana: I can dream can't I?

sahd2one
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I can't wait until the reveal the NASCAR mini-track.

The zipline will be cool. My little one spent all day looking at the carousel and the candy place. We all want to get matching tattoos on board.

I am totally in awe of this ship!

drag n' fly
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Need your guys opinion. We are going on our first cruise in December on the Wonder. We would like to book the Oasis for a upcoming trip 2010. Since we are such cruise newbies do you think the Oasis may be just too much ship for us?

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Need your guys opinion. We are going on our first cruise in December on the Wonder. We would like to book the Oasis for a upcoming trip 2010. Since we are such cruise newbies do you think the Oasis may be just too much ship for us?

Well it depends...lol.

This is kind of like saying, we are booked at Pop Music, should we NOT try concierge level at Animal Kingdom Lodge because it will be too much of a hotel for us? ;)

If you like alot of ammenities. If you want to zipline, ride a carousel, watch a water performance, surf the Flowrider, then NO, it's not too much of a ship.

If you don't like ANY of those things, and just want a nice quiet cruise, then there are better ships suited to someone like that. :)

My favorite ships are Freedom class...so for me, Oasis class will be a nice step up. But I still like smaller ships like Wonder, there is a kind of cruise for every taste. :thumbsup2

kaseyC
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow!! :worship: That ship is huge!! Those Aquatheatre suites and Loft suites sound amazing. For our family of 5, the Aquatheatre suites seem like they would be great since they have the two bedrooms.

DMMarla07860
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
This all sound awesome and what I saw looks awesome too, but it really seems like a ship I wouldn't like to go on just too big :lmao:, I do want to RCCL Explorer of the Seas though, 5 night to see how RCCL is, now only if I can talk my dad into go on two Disney Cruises and Explorer of the seas:lmao:

mmackeymouse
08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I hate to be spoil sport, but I would not like that ship at all.

I have never cruised, BUT RCCL is the only cruise line I would ever sail besides Disney.

I would much prefer to be on a smaller ship than a massive one like that. I mean the flowrider and putt putt course was cool. But, a zipline? A park? That is just way too over the top for me.

Plus, I would never get my family on a ship that big. We just want a very chill vacation, so I think Disney will be perfect for us!

drag n' fly
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Well it depends...lol.

This is kind of like saying, we are booked at Pop Music, should we NOT try concierge level at Animal Kingdom Lodge because it will be too much of a hotel for us? ;)

If you like alot of ammenities. If you want to zipline, ride a carousel, watch a water performance, surf the Flowrider, then NO, it's not too much of a ship.

If you don't like ANY of those things, and just want a nice quiet cruise, then there are better ships suited to someone like that. :)

My favorite ships are Freedom class...so for me, Oasis class will be a nice step up. But I still like smaller ships like Wonder, there is a kind of cruise for every taste. :thumbsup2

Oh I certainly don't mind all the planned cool things for the ship:thumbsup2 My concern is that it is too big, too much for us newbies and would be a better cruise ship for seasoned cruisers who need more things to keep them entertained. I am worried about feeling kind of lost on that big ol boat and a more smaller setting may be better suited to us newbies. We are also looking at the Freedom class also. When will the rates be released for the Oasis?

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I have the prices! Don't think they were *suppose* to be released today but you know how that works ;)

Here are the prices for Oasis...
http://royalcaribbean123.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/picture025.png

disneyjunkie
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
The ship looks great and the prices aren't as high as I expected them to be..:thumbsup2

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I hate to be spoil sport, but I would not like that ship at all.

I have never cruised, BUT RCCL is the only cruise line I would ever sail besides Disney.

I would much prefer to be on a smaller ship than a massive one like that. I mean the flowrider and putt putt course was cool. But, a zipline? A park? That is just way too over the top for me.

Plus, I would never get my family on a ship that big. We just want a very chill vacation, so I think Disney will be perfect for us!

You're not being a spoil sport. Everyone just has a different idea of a cruise. There is a Radiance class on RCCL that just has glass everywhere - impressive views of the sea. When the kids are no longer begging for an H20 zone, I will be sailing on smaller ships too. ;)

And while I am still young, I WILL be on that zipline. :banana:

wideeyedwonder
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Here are the prices for Oasis...

CM, what is the port of origin and itinerary for these cruises? Thanks for any help!

My thoughts are that it might be "too big" for us (too much like a floating downtown Disney), but I'd like to try it once before making any judgment.

(My first impression was BNL's "Axiom" from Disney/PIXAR's movie "WALL*E"!)

cruisinmama06
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
CM, what is the port of origin and itinerary for these cruises? Thanks for any help!

My thoughts are that it might be "too big" for us (too much like a floating downtown Disney), but I'd like to try it once before making any judgment.

(My first impression was BNL's "Axiom" from Disney/PIXAR's movie "WALL*E"!)

First cruise is Dec 12, 2009

From December 09 till end of April 2010 - ALL EASTERN Itinerary.

Leaves Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Goes to St. Martin, St. Thomas and Nassau. All ports are DOCKED, not tendered.

Then starting May 2010, the Western Itinerary is added. I am going to assume they aren't doing the western itinerary until the docks are completed. The ports for Western will be Fallsmouth Jamaica (new port), Labadee Haiti (private RCCL beach area) and Cozumel. Once again, leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

The inaugural will probably sell out almost immedialty. The C&A members are trying to jump on it. I am aiming for a later date.

karibritt01
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
So the Eastern itenerary doesn't do the private island/beach? Our first cruise is the Magic western in 2 months, but I am thinking of trying RCCL for 2010. I am trying to decide if Oasis or Liberty will be a better fit for my family.

cruisinmama06
08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
So the Eastern itenerary doesn't do the private island/beach? Our first cruise is the Magic western in 2 months, but I am thinking of trying RCCL for 2010. I am trying to decide if Oasis or Liberty will be a better fit for my family.

Nope, Labadee is only on the Western. They have to build the dock yet. So not till after May 2010.

I know Oasis is getting all of the press right now, but you should really try a Freedom class ship (Freedom, Liberty, Independence). The prices for those classes will probably go down as soon as Oasis is released.

Freedom will be going out of Port Canaveral.

Liberty out of Miami.

And *select* winter sailings on Independence will go out of Fort Lauderdale.

sahd2one
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Oasis will have the largest fresh water pool on a ship. It will be 17' deep during the day.

Muushka
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Oasis will have the largest fresh water pool on a ship. It will be 17' deep during the day.

A 17 foot deep pool? Sounds hard to comprehend, almost unbelievable.

This ship is just too big. Nuff said......

sahd2one
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
The ship absolutely is a destination and the ports are secondary. They are so far pushing the limit for families with the candy bar, the donut making bar, the carousel and so much more.

karibritt01
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
They are so far pushing the limit for families with the candy bar, the donut making bar, the carousel and so much more.

How much of that is shopping, and how much is considered food stations? If it is shopping, I would never be able to take my kids down there! Food stations... they'd be in HEAVEN!! :cloud9:

NancyIL
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
As much as I like Royal Caribbean, I find their Voyager-class ships to be plenty big for me! That didn't stop me from booking 2 cabins on Freedom of the Seas out of PC for my family in Nov. 2009. Not sure I'd want to cruise on Oasis - other than out of curiosity.

cruisinmama06
08-20-2008, 11:51 AM
A 17 foot deep pool? Sounds hard to comprehend, almost unbelievable.

This ship is just too big. Nuff said......

The 17' pool is part of the aqua theatre. They have shows there. Then during the day, the passengers can use this as one of their pool options.

The ship can be "too big" for you. But I am excited about the extras. ;)

This is the Aquatheatre. They haven't released the pictures of the H20 zone yet (kids area). They are trying to keep up the suspense. :rolleyes1

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f144/cruisinmama08/Oasis-AquaTheater_w_Water_Show_2.jpg

The Candy Beach is probably (this is my OPINION only) going to be a candy STORE...so you will probably have to buy the stuff there. The donut shop will probably be like the current Cafe Promenade, so the stuff there would be at no added charge.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f144/cruisinmama08/Carousel_Kid_TeenRetail.jpg

Justthe8ofus
08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
The prices aren't that bad. I asked my kids today if they want to do this one rather than DCL in 2010. They said no :confused3

They are still pretty young and love Disney.

I'm not sure if I would like a ship that big. I am doing a 4 day on the Independence of the Seas in November with my older 2 to see what we think of that class. In some ways the Oasis looks cool but, I can't imagine all those people! I wonder how many things are going to be an extra charge? Keeping track of 6 kids on a ship that large is scary to me. But, I won't say never.

I'm looking forward to seeing what DCL has to offer in 2011.

cruisinmama06
08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
In some ways the Oasis looks cool but, I can't imagine all those people! I wonder how many things are going to be an extra charge?

Honestly, I feel MUCH more crowded on a Disney (or even Carnival) ship than I do on a Freedom class. There is more space per person. The H20 zone was never crowded like the Mickey Pool.

At this point, there isn't anything new that would be an extra charge except for the obvious, shopping. Any new activities, they have already said there is no added charge.

You'll see when you go on Independence. It's not bad sailing with 3800 of your closest friends...lol. ;)

sahd2one
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
How much of that is shopping, and how much is considered food stations? If it is shopping, I would never be able to take my kids down there! Food stations... they'd be in HEAVEN!! :cloud9:There will be a mixture of both. The Freedom class ships generate about one million dollars a day in onboard revenue.

I will tell you though I felt just as hounded for package purchases on DCL than I have on any other line.

Justthe8ofus
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Honestly, I feel MUCH more crowded on a Disney (or even Carnival) ship than I do on a Freedom class. There is more space per person. The H20 zone was never crowded like the Mickey Pool.

At this point, there isn't anything new that would be an extra charge except for the obvious, shopping. Any new activities, they have already said there is no added charge.

You'll see when you go on Independence. It's not bad sailing with 3800 of your closest friends...lol. ;)

That is true the pool area on DCL is like the lobster tank at Publix! :eek:

My kids haven't been on anything but DCL yet so they may just be thinking nothing could be as good. We will see how it goes on the Indie. I just wish RCCL could somehow have better shows. lol. I'm not into that Vegas stuff at all. The Oasis will have the new water show and an ice show so that's all good. If the Oasis had a slide I think that would really be a big selling point to my kids. :)

I'm thinking Thanksgiving week 2010. I hope that is an Eastern.

cruisinmama06
08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
That is true the pool area on DCL is like the lobster tank at Publix! :eek:

Lobster Tank at Publix! :rotfl: :lmao:

I am with ya on the shows. The ONLY shows I go to are on Disney ships. I don't do the other kinds of shows on any other cruiseline. I have other things to do at night. ;) I do go to the love/marriage kind of shows. But no singing/dancing shows for me.

A slide would be nice but I am betting they are going to leave that to Carnival. I am hoping for a Lazy River. Now THAT would be heaven. :cloud9:

Some of the other RCCL ships DO have slides for kids. Some Voyager and radiance class ships have slides. But nothing like Carnival slides.

sahd2one
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I just wish RCCL could somehow have better shows. lol. I'm not into that Vegas stuff at all. I found the RCL shows to be the best at sea. To each their own I guess.

They have a new one choreographed by someone from DwTS where they pick two couples earlier in the week who get to dance on stage and the audience pics the winner.

Laxmom
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM
My teenage son thought the picture of the theatre on the stern of the Oasis reminded him of Wall E. He wanted to know if you got around the ship on floating chairs!!:lmao:

This one is so big it is intimidating. I know DH would never ok that one. He would freak at the number of passengers onboard although we would like to give RCL a try.

Justthe8ofus
08-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know when the bookings open up for C&A members?

cruisinmama06
08-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know when the bookings open up for C&A members?

Tomorrow for Diamond/Diamond Plus.

Then next Thursday for the rest of C&A (Gold/Platinum)

And on Sept 3rd for everyone else.

sahd2one
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Based on the fact that Royal Caribbean is taking delivery of Celebrity Solstice (actual live grass on board) earlier, there is no way I would book the inaugural on this ship only to have the date changed on me.

Yes that happened to thousands who thought they had booked on the first revenue sailing of Solstice and they pushed the date back two weeks earlier. Some folks did not have refundable airfare and now paid a premium to not sail on the first sailing.

looneytunes31419
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh geesh, you are talking about it here too. I just left the RCCL site to take a break from Oasis. I have been talking about it since midnight last night. Now I have a migraine. :sick:

So yes, deck plans are released. They got leaked last night but RCCL added them to the site this morning. Prices were suppose to be sent out today, now they are saying tomorrow. :confused3

Booking starts Thursday for C&A diamonds/D+

The rest of C&A can book on Tuesday, then the general public on Sept 3rd.

So I already have my cabin picked out for Tuesday. ;)

On those deck plans, RCCL is withholding the H20 zone, flow rider and whatever else is on the pool deck. I am hoping to see a Lazy River. :banana: I can dream can't I?

You might want to check on it because there was a post about it and it said that alot of TA's bought a bunch of bacaneys to sell. and that there were not any bacaney's left for even C&A Diamonds to buy. I will find the post for you and send it to you.

looneytunes31419
08-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Tomorrow for Diamond/Diamond Plus.

Then next Thursday for the rest of C&A (Gold/Platinum)

And on Sept 3rd for everyone else.

FYI

So.....if you'd think that being a diamond/plus puts you at the front of the pre-sale line for the Oasis inaugural sail, think again.

I wanted to be one of the first to reserve my cabin. Got on the phone before 9am, was on hold for 15 minutes or so. Spoke to a rep around 9:10. I inquired about a JS on deck 14 (the top deck is our favorite). Was told that there were no JS's available on the top five decks.....and only a few left on the other decks.

When I asked how they could have sold out those decks in 10 minutes, I was told (rather grudgingly) that travel agencies had prereserved large blocks days before.

So.....RCCL, if your reading this, I think that it's BS that you market special priviledges that are "unavailable" to the general public, but you had to book directly with RCCL. When, in fact, I could have probably gotten a better cabin by waiting a few days and booking through a large travel group that had the best cabins locked up.

Sorry for complaining, just thought I'd share my dissapointment........:confused:

cruisinmama06
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
The phone lines opened at 8am Michelle, not 9am. There was a special number and they were getting 100 phone calls/minute. So by the time you booked at 9am, I can imagine alot was gone.

You posted this on CC didn't you because I have read this before...lol. ;)

And we all responded the same. The TAs could not block cabins. (Belive me, if they could have, I would have found a way to do it :) ). That's why our inaugural group dissolved so quickly. We couldn't book together. We even asked RCCL to step in. We asked CC to step in. NO ONE could get us booked together.

So if there was a way to pre-book groups of cabins, we would have found it.

So I am going on the Jan 16th sailing. I knew getting a cabin on inaugural would be a mad house.

sahd2one
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I got an email from RCL today that because I had booked a JS or above in the past year I could call in yesterday forward and reserve a cabin on Oasis using a special code. I am not Diamond or +.

looneytunes31419
08-22-2008, 01:14 PM
The phone lines opened at 8am Michelle, not 9am. There was a special number and they were getting 100 phone calls/minute. So by the time you booked at 9am, I can imagine alot was gone.

You posted this on CC didn't you because I have read this before...lol. ;)

And we all responded the same. The TAs could not block cabins. (Belive me, if they could have, I would have found a way to do it :) ). That's why our inaugural group dissolved so quickly. We couldn't book together. We even asked RCCL to step in. We asked CC to step in. NO ONE could get us booked together.

So if there was a way to pre-book groups of cabins, we would have found it.

So I am going on the Jan 16th sailing. I knew getting a cabin on inaugural would be a mad house.

Hi Michele,

Nope I did not post this. I read it on CC as well, did not know if you had read it or not. I was just passing it on. Sorry
:rolleyes: I am glad to hear you did read the same thread. I too thought it would be a shame to let the TA's do that and not let anyone else do the same. Good luck on your cruise. Hope to see you on the Sept 11th cruise, that is the one you are going on isn't it. we have 2 weeks and 6 days to go..

PizzieDuster
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
We loved everything about The Freedom of the Seas. I'm very curious and signed up for the vitural preview on 8/26/08.

http://presentations.inxpo.com/Shows/ZiffDavisEnterprise/VTS/08-26-08/Website/home.htm

cruisinmama06
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Michele,

Nope I did not post this. I read it on CC as well, did not know if you had read it or not. I was just passing it on. Sorry
:rolleyes: I am glad to hear you did read the same thread. I too thought it would be a shame to let the TA's do that and not let anyone else do the same. Good luck on your cruise. Hope to see you on the Sept 11th cruise, that is the one you are going on isn't it. we have 2 weeks and 6 days to go..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW I see what you did. You told me you were going to post that thread...Duh....sometimes my mind is a little fried.

I was reading that thinking, "I didn't know Michelle was that poster on CC" :rolleyes1 I'm a dork. So, yes, I gotcha. Yes, I saw that post on the CC board. I read both religiously.

Yep, you and I are on the same cruise. :banana:

Jerseylicious
08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Cruisinmama....why did it NOT surprise me when I saw you on this thread?? LOL I didn't even know you were on the disboards. :cutie:

Booking for the rest of us C&A members opens up this Thursday. I can't wait to book! Going to book for Oc 9, 2010. I know I was on the list for the inaugural, as you were too Michelle, but looking at the prices changed my mind real quick! lol Besides, 10 more months gives us more time to pay it off! LOL:thumbsup2

cruisinmama06
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Cruisinmama....why did it NOT surprise me when I saw you on this thread?? LOL I didn't even know you were on the disboards. :cutie:

Booking for the rest of us C&A members opens up this Thursday. I can't wait to book! Going to book for Oc 9, 2010. I know I was on the list for the inaugural, as you were too Michelle, but looking at the prices changed my mind real quick! lol Besides, 10 more months gives us more time to pay it off! LOL:thumbsup2

That inaugural date was just a horrible time to go. How can I go right before Christmas? That made it impossible for me. :sad2:

My next cruise is Wonder, so yes, I am on the DisBoards too. :thumbsup2

Tonight is the next reveal. So I guess I'll be on all night. :yay:

Jerseylicious
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM
That inaugural date was just a horrible time to go. How can I go right before Christmas? That made it impossible for me. :sad2:

My next cruise is Wonder, so yes, I am on the DisBoards too. :thumbsup2

Tonight is the next reveal. So I guess I'll be on all night. :yay:

Me too! I am just sitting here waiting for the 8:30 presentation as we speak. Or, type. :cutie:

drag n' fly
08-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Very neat trade show!

drag n' fly
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Well I got kicked out, the whole thing crashed and I missed it all. What are the other hoods?:eek: :confused:

Jerseylicious
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Well I got kicked out, the whole thing crashed and I missed it all. What are the other hoods?:eek: :confused:

Oh that bites!

There is an AMAZING pool/sports deck. Two pool on either side of the ship, looking down to Central Park, and connected by a bridge. TWO FlowRiders, and each FlowRider is BIGGER than the ones on the Freedom Class ships.

The other new area is a HUGE spa area, complete with thermal suites, a bigger gym, and more aerobic studios.

The Solarium is now way in front of the ship, and COMPLETELY different looking than any one before. It's BEAUTIFUL! There's a cafe right there at the Solarium, and that whole area transforms into something different, for nighttime dining. Very cool!!!!! :cool1:

cruisinmama06
08-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I am booked!!! WOOHOOO :banana: :banana: :banana:

The trade show announced bookings to be open for ALL C&A members.

I got Deck 14 - Center Hump Ocean Balcony :cool1: :yay: :dance3: We'll be on the 1/16/10 sailing.

4campers
08-27-2008, 08:50 AM
check out cruisecheap.com...they have great pics and much better floor plan to view.

We are going June!

Can't wait:goodvibes

cruisinmama06
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
check out cruisecheap.com...they have great pics and much better floor plan to view.

We are going June!

Can't wait:goodvibes

Actually I think the floor plans on that site are wrong. I just looked at my D1 and it says "Holds up to 3 passengers"...well I have 4 booked into it. :confused3

RCCL hasn't actually released specific cabin details yet. So I don't know how they have them on that site.

Jerseylicious
08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
I have been thinking about this all day! I don't know how I'm going to wait OVER two years?!?!!?! I have never booked this far out before. The last time I booked, it was 13 months out, and I thought THAT was a long time! :upsidedow

drag n' fly
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
One of the ladies on our cruise thread is booked on the inaugural and she told me the website posted it so I was able to view it last night:yay:

sahd2one
08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I am so excited that they are building a dock at Labadee. It was by far the best port we have experienced. Not having to tender will be so nice.

4campers
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Actually I think the floor plans on that site are wrong. I just looked at my D1 and it says "Holds up to 3 passengers"...well I have 4 booked into it. :confused3

RCCL hasn't actually released specific cabin details yet. So I don't know how they have them on that site.

I noticed that too.....ummmmm, I thought it was strange that RCCL didn't even have the details out yet! Don't they know WE are waiting:yay:

nikkistevej
08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I really want to do this cruise as well, I have only been on one RCCL cruise- it was Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda- I wasn't all that impressed- it was kind of small and older. I was gonna do Liberty or Independence, but now I want to do Oasis!! It looks awesome to me. We are doing DCL in 2009, we will probably do Oasis in late 2010 or 2011. Too long to wait!! LOL

Justthe8ofus
08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I am so excited that they are building a dock at Labadee. It was by far the best port we have experienced. Not having to tender will be so nice.

I too enjoyed Labadee on my Mariner cruise but, I can not imagine the Oasis bringing that # of people there. :scared1:

Unless things have changed since 2004 I don't remember Labadee being all that big.

There are some things that seem cool about the Oasis but, for me I just don't see the point of taking a cruise for all that. That's just me. I thought the zip line looked a little silly in the video too :rotfl: It just goes across that hole on the pool deck :confused3 :laughing:

I like RCCL but, I think it will be a no for me on the Oasis class.

vossjemi
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I didn't read entire thread, but vacationstogo sent me their cruise newsltr today, which I copied here below:

Last month, Royal Caribbean announced that reservations for their highly-anticipated Oasis of the Seas, slated to debut December 12, 2009, would open on September 3, 2008. The line has now announced early booking opportunities for members of their Crown & Anchor Society. Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society, which include passengers who have completed 10 or more cruises with the line, may reserve space effective immediately, while all other Crown & Anchor members may make reservations beginning Wednesday, August 27.

Crown & Anchor Society members who make their reservations between now and September 2 must place a deposit at the time of reservation and have the full names of all passengers in each cabin. No courtesy holds or name changes will be permitted.

Reservations for the general public are still slated to begin on September 3, 2008.

At 220,000 gross registered tons, the Oasis of the Seas will be the largest cruise ship in history, with 16 decks, 2,700 staterooms and a previously unimaginable passenger capacity of 5,400 guests. Additionally, the Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship to feature Royal Caribbean's new neighborhood concept, with seven distinct onboard areas including Central Park, Boardwalk and the Royal Promenade.

Jerseylicious
08-27-2008, 05:24 PM

I AGREE! It will be so great to be able to get on & off the ship all day whenever we want without having to tender. :)

I really want to do this cruise as well, I have only been on one RCCL cruise- it was Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda- I wasn't all that impressed- it was kind of small and older. I was gonna do Liberty or Independence, but now I want to do Oasis!! It looks awesome to me. We are doing DCL in 2009, we will probably do Oasis in late 2010 or 2011. Too long to wait!! LOL

Grandeur certainly is older and smaller....NOTHING at all like the bigger ships of the fleet. I've been on 2 small ones, the Nordic Empress and Enchantment of the Seas. They were both absolutely beautiful, but there is NO comparison (in my book) between them & the big girls. I love the big ships, they are even less crowded than the smaller ones, and have soooo much more to offer. :woohoo:

Floridagal23
08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
We have done the xmas cruise or nye cruise for the years RCCL opened up their first big ships - the navigator, voyager, blah blah..I think 4 or 5 of them in all..and while the xmas/nye itineraries are ALWAYS packed on cruise ships, I really never noticed any bigger of a crowd than I would have on a smaller ship because of the way the ship is laid out. Even in the lido deck buffet areas, they have so many stations I never felt like I was waiting in line for anything any longer than I would have.

Also, the big boulevard areas in the middle of the ship (which replace the atriums in the smaller cruise ships) are a nice change IMO. So if anyone is nervous about being on such a large ship, it is actually pretty similar to being on a smaller ship in terms of waiting in line, getting a deck chair, etc - but the "extras" are great!

We are booked on the voyager again in the summer for the med itinerary and while the ship is now a little bit older, we are looking forward to some of the "big ship" things that we have been missing while cruising on Princess for a few years.

4campers
08-27-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm sure you have all seen this....

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Just amazing.....:goodvibes

cruisinmama06
08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I didn't read entire thread, but vacationstogo sent me their cruise newsltr today, which I copied here below:

Actually you can book if you've done RCCL just ONCE before. You just received outdated info. Last night the head of RCCL announced that he was opening bookings for ALL levels, even those who did one cruise in the past.

That's how I got booked. I am not diamond yet. ;)

All dates are getting pretty full now.

beachblanket
08-28-2008, 10:19 AM

Some people need to get out more.;)

frdeb1999
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I do believe this is the one ship that could actually get us to try another cruise line. The pictures look fantastic. :)

DMMarla07860
08-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I've only been on disney, but I don't think I would like going on oasis of the seas when and if I try RCCL, but you know gotta save for the new disney ships so, might not happen, but it I do try RCCL I want to try Explorer of the seas because it will be much smaller then oasis of the seas and the big ship turns me off, can't wait to see real pictures of it though and hear about it:thumbsup2