PDA

View Full Version : It's Offical! Weather Channel has the crew out!

keylime359
08-18-2008, 07:53 AM
You know it's tropical time when they have the guys out in front of the lone swaying palm tree!

Us3
08-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Is Jim Cantore out there? That guy cracks me up!

keylime359
08-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Mike Sidel and he has on his LLBean jackey hood and all! I am waiting for the swaying Stop sign or stop light that sways with any light breeze. I can hear it now
Mike (or Jim): " The weather is really picking up here. Just look at the (insert your favorite here... stop sign palm tree whatever) and I am seeing waves!"
Then of course you have the guy trying to surf in the background for a backdrop. :rotfl2:

poohbearwithme
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
After the 2004 & 2005 season, Jim Cantore is no longer welcome in Florida. I don't anybody wants to see him. :lmao:

Rhonda
08-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Keylime - where are you? We were just down at the Pierside on FMB, watching the other stations - but I didn't see the Weather Channel. We were wondering where they were.

keylime359
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
DH just told me that it was Key West not here! My bad, but Fox news national had Orlando Salinas out in Ft.Myers as well. I spend all day taking down all of our real estate for sale signs. I finished that brought in ALL of our outdoor lanai stuff and crashed for 2 hours. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight. Did you get your Hurricane pass?

Rhonda
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
DH just told me that it was Key West not here! My bad, but Fox news national had Orlando Salinas out in Ft.Myers as well. I spend all day taking down all of our real estate for sale signs. I finished that brought in ALL of our outdoor lanai stuff and crashed for 2 hours. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight. Did you get your Hurricane pass?

No - we don't live down on the beach. We're on McGregor -- about 5 minutes from the beach. We spend a lot of time down there. Pretending we're on vacation! :rotfl:

We're on a canal, with a mangrove behind us. I'm sitting out on the lanai right now, listening to the wind starting to pick up through the trees.

Born 2 Fish
08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
RHONDA , QUICK,,whats that Hurricane recipe ?!?!?!

Rhonda
08-18-2008, 07:40 PM
1 oz vodka
1/4 oz grenadine syrup
1 oz gin
1 oz light rum
1/2 oz Bacardi 151 rum
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz triple sec
grapefruit juice
pineapple juice

Born 2 Fish
08-18-2008, 07:42 PM
THANK YOU RHONDA !
Man was I gett'n thirsty !:thumbsup2

keylime359
08-18-2008, 07:45 PM
I am off McGregor as well! I am just North of College. We are on a canal as well and the tide is higher than normal. I hope it stays put. I amnot really worried about the storm per se but FPL can't seem to get the elec on quickly. On sanibel LCEC had us up so fast after Wilma that I just went back to work rather than deal with the mess at home. I am about to go to Publix to get snacks! We will have to have lunch somethime!

des1954
08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
WATCH OUT, FRANK! WHEN FAY LEAVES FLORIDA SHE'S HEADING YOUR WAY!!! FOX NEWS SAID SO!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! AAAAIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!

http://www.godzilla.stopklatka.pl/godz-zdj/zero2.jpg

Rhonda
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I am off McGregor as well! I am just North of College. We are on a canal as well and the tide is higher than normal. I hope it stays put. I amnot really worried about the storm per se but FPL can't seem to get the elec on quickly. On sanibel LCEC had us up so fast after Wilma that I just went back to work rather than deal with the mess at home. I am about to go to Publix to get snacks! We will have to have lunch somethime!

LOL - we probably shop at the same Publix! I go to the McGregor/College one, and the one up on Gladiolus. It depends on traffic when I pull out onto McGregor, which way I want to turn. :upsidedow

keylime359
08-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Yep, that's my Publix! What a "Small World After All" :rotfl2: Get it small world Disney... I'm sorry I am tired. Anyway I went to the College Walmart instead it was like a ghost town. Did you know that the Metropolitan is now a male review? How funny is that? We live in an area that is all about oxygen tanks and canes and they open a male review.

AuburnJen92
08-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Where's KAHUNA, Stephanie Abrams is in Lake Worth! Steve, do you see her?

Rhonda
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Did you know that the Metropolitan is now a male review? How funny is that? We live in an area that is all about oxygen tanks and canes and they open a male review.

Yeah - that'll last. :lmao:

SCBeachBum
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Is Jim Cantore out there? That guy cracks me up!

That guy looks more like the 6 flags dude every day.