PDA

View Full Version : Planning excursions- online info vs DCL booklet

wdwscout
08-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi all- only 135 days until our New Year's Eve cruise on the Wonder! :cool1:
So, we got our pre-cruise packets in the mail this weekend- the ones with all the excursion info, etc.

Tonight I went online to get pricing for the various options and I found that there are excursions online that are not in the booklet they just sent us.

For example in Nassau- a Harbor Cruise, a few options at Atlantis, a wine/cheese pairing and a cigar/rum pairing are online, but not in the booklet.
Also the booklet lists a "Nassau Historic City Tour", but online there is a "Nassau Forts and Junkanoo Discovery." Are they the same? And the Thriller Power Boat option is not online, but does appear in the booklet.

For CC- it looks like they may have changed the "eco tour" to a "ski adventure" (perhaps they have realized it's not too "eco" to run motor boats through the "crystal blue waters"? ;) )

Anyway- what is right? Do they change the options often? I guess I would assume the Internet is more up to date? True or no?

2 more questions...
Our Nassau day is New Year's Day- Jan 1st. Does everything operate "as usual"? We are actually leaning toward staying on the ship, but a couple of things look interesting (like a city tour). Or if we just get off and walk around- will places be open?

Being Jan 1- what are the chances that the weather will be nice enough for snorkeling or other water activities?

TIA! :thumbsup2

wdwscout
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
*** bump ***

anyone?