PDA

View Full Version : Half off deposit available on board?

IncredibleboysMom
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I just saw today that the half off offer will be around until Oct 1. We are cruising Sept 1 and while we weren't planning to rebook due to $$, that half off offer may change things. I know we will pay it later, but I love the idea of tying up less money now. So...has anyone done the half off booking deposit while on board? And, if I put down a deposit for a 3 or 4 day cruise, and then in the future change it to a 7 day, will I then half to pay the difference in deposit, or will it just be a larger payoff at the end?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Jestocost
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes. The 1/2 off deposit offer is good for rebookings done on board. We received that "discount" when we rebooked during our cruise in June.

Charleyann
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Is this half deposit every year?

Charleyann

dcladdict-ohio
08-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Just got off the Wonder last Thursday and I got the half off deposit when I rebooked a 7-day. The deal was not advertised (just the 10% off and $200 OBC) but when I actually booked the agent told me (without me having to ask) that I could pay half the deposit if I chose to ... which of course I did :yay:

skibum
08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Also, if you put the deposit on a Disney Visa card, you get 0% financing for 6 months.

nenner1
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Is this half deposit every year?

Charleyann

No...this is the first time I've seen it.

OP...you asked if you booked a 3/4 night and later changed to a 7-night would you pay the remainder of the deposit at the end...my understanding is NO, once you change your reservation you will be responsible for paying the difference in deposit amount..unless you make the change before Oct. 1.

momtomari
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
i just returned last night from our cruise and they were still offering the half off deposit. i seen it was listed on the back page of navigator the second day.

amanda

disneyfan2
08-18-2008, 10:43 PM
When does the 1/2 offer expire/need to be booked by?

tinytink
08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
When does the 1/2 offer expire/need to be booked by?
a pp said Oct 1.

wvdislover
08-20-2008, 11:06 AM
So, if I rebook during our 9/28-10/2 cruise, how much will the deposit be (there are 4 of us--me, DH, DD11, and DD7)?

nenner1
08-20-2008, 08:03 PM
So, if I rebook during our 9/28-10/2 cruise, how much will the deposit be (there are 4 of us--me, DH, DD11, and DD7)?

If you do it before 10/1 and are going on a 3 or 4 night cruise $100/pp. ($400)
If you are going on a 7-nt cruise $125/pp. ($500)

:thumbsup2

patita71
08-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello
I am sailing next Thur on the Wonder and am interested in re-booking onboard. I have been reading through the posts and making notes but now I am a little confused as to what to do.
We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) so I know I will need to book 2 rooms, I would like to book a room for my sister (family of 4) who was unable to get in on next week's sailing. Would it be possible to do this (book 3 rooms) and if so how would I break it up?

Now if I have book the 3 by splitting our family up, at what point would I be able to add my sister's family? Or can I just name them at the time of onboard booking.

Hopefully last question, I've been reading through the threads for tips, if I were to book 2 in room A, 2 in room B and 1 in Room C ( i dont know if this is even possible since there are only 2 adults) but if I can do this and I book CAT 12 rooms, when I add my sisters family would they allow me to put 4 in one of the CAT 12? My mother might go, so I can put her in the other Cat 12.

Thanks so much for your help and guidance it is much appreciated.
:)

skibum
08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Hello
I am sailing next Thur on the Wonder and am interested in re-booking onboard. I have been reading through the posts and making notes but now I am a little confused as to what to do.
We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) so I know I will need to book 2 rooms, I would like to book a room for my sister (family of 4) who was unable to get in on next week's sailing. Would it be possible to do this (book 3 rooms) and if so how would I break it up?
Now if I have book the 3 by splitting our family up, at what point would I be able to add my sister's family? Or can I just name them at the time of onboard booking.

At the time of booking, you will be able to add your sister's family, in their name. Of course, you will need to pay the deposit, but that locks the price in.

Hopefully last question, I've been reading through the threads for tips, if I were to book 2 in room A, 2 in room B and 1 in Room C ( i dont know if this is even possible since there are only 2 adults) but if I can do this and I book CAT 12 rooms, when I add my sisters family would they allow me to put 4 in one of the CAT 12? My mother might go, so I can put her in the other Cat 12.

Since you will book in your sister's name, you will not need to split up your family. Category 12 only holds three people, but occasionally they let people book 4 in a Cat 12, which means automatic upgrade to at least a Cat 11.

Thanks so much for your help and guidance it is much appreciated.
:)

Have fun on your cruise!

patita71
08-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks so much!! I noted all this down in my list of tips!
We are hoping to book out as far as possible and when the 2010 dates come out move the reservation to a summer date.
Based on what I have read, I can transfer the reservation to a TA who might be able to get me more SBC.
My question is, I've noticed that Disney rates are usually higher, if I see the cruise I want for less than what I booked on board does the 10% off still apply on the new lower rate/fare? Or if a florida resident discount comes out (I'm thinking only one discount is applicable, in this case)

So sorry for so many questions!! One more, I will not know if my mother can go with us until sometime later this year, can I add her on later on, this would probably be sometime Oct/Nov '08.

Thanks again it is much appreciated, I have so many wonderful tips and hints noted down thanks to this great board!! Also in my list is "don't try to do everything and relax!"
I am just so excited and the idea of possibly rebooking gives more to look forward to!

nenner1
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks so much!! I noted all this down in my list of tips!
We are hoping to book out as far as possible and when the 2010 dates come out move the reservation to a summer date. Yes, you can do this...:goodvibes
Based on what I have read, I can transfer the reservation to a TA who might be able to get me more SBC. Yep. That's what we did, and will do next time.
My question is, I've noticed that Disney rates are usually higher, if I see the cruise I want for less than what I booked on board does the 10% off still apply on the new lower rate/fare? No. If you change it in this way (a full rebook) once you are not onboard you are changing the whole reservation and what you did onboard will be negated. This is what I'm thinking. Someone out there correct me if I'm wrong. Or if a florida resident discount comes out (I'm thinking only one discount is applicable, in this case) Welll..not sure where you see it for less, unless you are referring to a TA group rate room. In that case I believe you cannot get the Disney discount...i dunno, those are weird. Other than that you usually will not find cheaper rates. Also anytime you "rebook" you pay the going cost at that time. Florida Res...don't hold your breath. They are very rare, and seem to only be offered on 3 or 4 night cruises at select times of the year (hurricane season, winter, etc.)

So sorry for so many questions!! One more, I will not know if my mother can go with us until sometime later this year, can I add her on later on, this would probably be sometime Oct/Nov '08. Yes. You just have to be aware that adding people is subject to availability (i.e. If your lifeboat station, or in the case of kids if the kids club for that age is full booking will be refused.) I can't see that being an issue for you if you are adding her in a couple of months. You will have to pay full deposit for her, though.
Thanks again it is much appreciated, I have so many wonderful tips and hints noted down thanks to this great board!! Also in my list is "don't try to do everything and relax!"
I am just so excited and the idea of possibly rebooking gives more to look forward to!

Hope this helps you a bit!:thumbsup2