PDA

View Full Version : Fay

tungpo1
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Another storm on the way!!! All you FL people get ready, I'm ready I have Beer, water and gas LOL

2goofycampers
08-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Food? :rotfl:

tungpo1
08-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Food? :rotfl:

Plenty of food, BEER it has lots of protein LOL

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 01:05 PM
everybody listen to the news and panic!:lmao:

tungpo1
08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
everybody listen to the news and panic!:lmao:

Thats all i see when I turn on the TV LOL it shouldn't be that bad, well at least notas bad as Wilma.

BigDaddyRog
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
You KNOW you're a tough southern US resident when ya catch yourself saying things like "It wont be as bad as that one huricane...remember that one"

For my parents, it was hurricane Betsy, followed by Camille.

For my generation and area, it was Katrina & Rita

I wonder what names MY KIDS will be talking about when theyre my age.

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 06:15 PM
You KNOW you're a tough southern US resident when ya catch yourself saying things like "It wont be as bad as that one huricane...remember that one"

For my parents, it was hurricane Betsy, followed by Camille.

For my generation and area, it was Katrina & Rita

I wonder what names MY KIDS will be talking about when theyre my age.

Hillary, Miley, and Corey!

lisa8200
08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
of course it will probably take out the house since we just bought a new TV. Although, I could use a new house

BigDaddyRog
08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
MIKE!!!! Welcome home brotha!!!

Rhonda
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
It looks like Fay will miss us down here in Fort Myers now. Most of the models are showing it going west out into the Gulf.

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
It looks like Fay will miss us down here in Fort Myers now. Most of the models are showing it going west out into the Gulf.

see? all that panic and hundreds of dollars at publix for what?:lmao:

djblu883
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
hey I'm down in Biloxi...don't send her my way!!!!

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
oh, they are not finished guessing yet...

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
see? all that panic and hundreds of dollars at publix for what?:lmao:

Lots of extra beer in the fridge!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Lots of extra beer in the fridge!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

well, you can never go wrong with that....

have you ever noticed they never have coupons for beer in the sunday paper?
bummer...;)

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
well, you can never go wrong with that....

have you ever noticed they never have coupons for beer in the sunday paper?
bummer...;)

Yeah, they know we'll be buying it anyway.

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, they know we'll be buying it anyway.

They know I am going to buy toilet paper too, but there are coupons, where is the justice here?:confused3

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
They know I am going to buy toilet paper too, but there are coupons, where is the justice here?:confused3

Toilet paper?? What is that?

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Men:confused3

VACAMPER
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to just shake it off.

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM

I tried that once, took 2 weeks and 3 coats of paint to get the walls clean again!

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:54 PM

They just take outdoor plumbing for granted....

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I tried that once, took 2 weeks and 3 coats of paint to get the walls clean again!

not to mention the recovery time of bruises from dw (if you were mine you would be recovering!)

VACAMPER
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I've always been thankful I have three girls. Every time a babysit a boy I have to wash down the bathroom. Drives me crazy. Women should train their boys to sit down when they pee.

AuburnJen92
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I've always been thankful I have three girls. Every time a babysit a boy I have to wash down the bathroom. Drives me crazy. Women should train their boys to sit down when they pee.

My DS has to wipe the toilet if he stands. I have my standards! (and my pack of wipes!

RvUsa
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Hmmm, From hurricanes to men's potty habits..... Oh well, just another day on the dis.

Rhonda
08-17-2008, 09:30 PM
This thread is getting VERY close to closing!! Let's get back to talking about the weather. :thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
08-17-2008, 09:31 PM
lol...yes, dear!

VACAMPER
08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Sorry!:flower3:

Rhonda
08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
lol...yes, dear!

Now, that's what I like to hear! :cloud9:

Gatordad
08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
like a bolt of lightning, Amanda is zapped back to reality.

VACAMPER
08-17-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't like to live in reality. It makes me sad.:sad:

Gatordad
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
well I don't want to rain on your parade.

BRDof3
08-17-2008, 09:40 PM
We're busted. Now you know why they don't ask us to be the moderators!

:angel: :worship:

Gatordad
08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
lol...yes, dear!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/n880ep/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

lisa8200
08-18-2008, 07:19 AM
MIKE!!!! Welcome home brotha!!!
Thanks Rog. Only 13.5hours later ,,I'm so on top of it

tungpo1
08-18-2008, 09:24 AM
We are getting some pretty good rain bands right now.

lisa8200
08-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Just a little overcast right now but, I know it's coming.

BRDof3
08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Hang on tight, and don't forget to panic for the Weather Channel cameras. It helps their ratings. :scared1:

Us3
08-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Just a little overcast right now but, I know it's coming.

Mike! Good to see ya posting again!

lisa8200
08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Gonna try to keep up a little now. My nieghbors were going to throw out there laptop because of ,,,,something and they said I could have it. anywho, it has a 3.06 gig processor so after a new motherboard I'm up and runing at near my desktop speed. This will help when we get evacuated:lmao: , and for being online on the porch ( no more smoking in the house ). It has allowed me to keep up a little more. Thanks for noticing....:thumbsup2

tungpo1
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Fay is weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuburnJen92
08-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't like to live in reality. It makes me sad.:sad:

it makes me sad as well, it was probably best I went to bed last night huh?

lisa8200
08-19-2008, 05:43 AM
our local weather is say not to worry, we'll have a little rain and winds no worse than an afternoon storm:confused3 . I don't know why I don't believe them,,,,you know, with as dead on as they normally are:lmao: .

Born 2 Fish
08-19-2008, 06:07 AM
our local weather is say not to worry, we'll have a little rain and winds no worse than an afternoon storm:confused3 . I don't know why I don't believe them,,,,you know, with as dead on as they normally are:lmao: .

Oh you would just love our local weather people. They are sooo:confused3 .

des1954
08-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Fay is weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lame!! She came on shore about 4am at Marco Island - wind gusts up to 35MPH and lots of rain. Fox 13 in Tampa showed their weatherman on Bonita Beach (S of Ft Myers) standing in the rain next to a palm tree that was barely "dancing". Why, I ask you, would someone stand in the rain holding a microphone????

On the plus side - Fla's water table will rise - which is still much needed after the droughts we experienced the past two years!!

They expect a lot of rain here in Polk County & at FtW today. It would be a great day to be in one of the parks!!

Rhonda
08-19-2008, 08:15 AM
The news is trying to make things look worse than they are. The reporters are standing in ankle-deep water, telling everybody how dangerous it is! :lmao:

Just Beachy
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear everyone made out well. :goodvibes

DisneyBishops
08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Looks like she is going to come to us in Brevard County. We are not scared of her, heck we have had much bigger storms come through here. The only thing she is going to do is flood us for awhile.

Oh well Just have to get plenty of beer. She is moving very slow.

fldisneymommyto2
08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Howdy neighbor... we live in South Brevard county. It has been raining here all day, not pouring just a nice steady rain. Every now and then, it gets a little windy. They just announced no school again tomorrow. I am seriously thinking about putting the kids in the car and heading to DW tomorrow. I don't think it will be too rainy by tomorrow.

RNmomnFL
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
We guaranteed that this would be a mild storm as we worked two evenings in a row putting up shutters, cleaning and cooking the big items in the freezer. All in all a beautiful day today (I'm not complaining) with refreshing rain and breezes. So far so good here in southwest FL.

DisneyBishops
08-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I am in Melb. it is raining pretty hard here right now. The wind has really picked up. This storm is strange. It has strengthened over land. All I have ever seen get weaker over land. The eye is going to hit us tonight sometime and we will have crappy weather all night and probably tomorrow. I am sure DW will be ok by tomorrow afternoon. So have fun and be safe.

AuburnJen92
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
hello from hurricane/tropical storm central...8 inches of rain here so far at 5pm

they sent chris to work this morning because EVERYONE wanted to go banking today, even though the sheriff wanted everyone off the roads, he was sent home around noon because our two main roads (US1 and Pt St Lucie Blvd) to the house were going to be closed within the hour so here we are...

it is still blowing a good clip, we are going to see some more for a while but the rain has let up a bit

chris said on the way home that the water in spots on the road was up to the grill on the tacoma and the passing traffic was putting a bow wake on the hood

...should have gone and gotten that snorkel for the jeep weeks ago..;)

had a tornado near my parents' warehouse, took down a shell station roof and a passing delivery truck and a tornado in western palm beach tore up some horse stables

couple tornadoes north of here chewed up some mobile homes (what's new with that one?)

that is all for now...

djblu883
08-19-2008, 05:28 PM
well I'm praying for all of you down there...I'm in a TT on the coast and know how dangerous it is for the MH's etc. in your area!!!

lisa8200
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
hello from hurricane/tropical storm central...8 inches of rain here so far at 5pm

they sent chris to work this morning because EVERYONE wanted to go banking today, even though the sheriff wanted everyone off the roads, he was sent home around noon because our two main roads (US1 and Pt St Lucie Blvd) to the house were going to be closed within the hour so here we are...

it is still blowing a good clip, we are going to see some more for a while but the rain has let up a bit

chris said on the way home that the water in spots on the road was up to the grill on the tacoma and the passing traffic was putting a bow wake on the hood

...should have gone and gotten that snorkel for the jeep weeks ago..;)

had a tornado near my parents' warehouse, took down a shell station roof and a passing delivery truck and a tornado in western palm beach tore up some horse stables

couple tornadoes north of here chewed up some mobile homes (what's new with that one?)

that is all for now...

Thanks Jen,
I'm trying to talk myself into this being a passing shower and your going swimming:lmao: . Just my luck, if it follows it's current path, it will get stronger and then hit us almost directly as a cat. 1 . Some of you don't worry about this but I am WAY PARANOID.. Especially since I will have to go to work no matter what happens ( so much for all the people that think they want a state job:lmao: ) and Lisa and Landon will have to be home alone:scared: . The fact that I am on an Island and in the lowest flood plane doesn't help. Oh well, I would rather over react and have it not be a problem than under react and it be really bad.

lisa8200
08-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I do apologize that I was selfish in my previous post. I am caught up in this storm getting stronger and preparing myself. It seems that everyone is is getting through fine ( except Jen who seems to be doing fine but the storm is causing alot of things ). My thoughts are with you all ( whenever I can pry them away from myself:lmao: ).

stacktester
08-19-2008, 06:55 PM
We're gonna get it Mike. I thought oh just some rain. Oh well Duval Schools are closed tomorrow.

lisa8200
08-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I can only guess that you won't be doing any testing over the next couple of days:lmao:

Gatordad
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Be safe Jax folks.

AuburnJen92
08-19-2008, 09:02 PM
( except Jen who seems to be doing fine but the storm is causing alot of things )..

you forget that Jen is a veteran of three recent hurricanes (cat 3, cat 4, cat 2) and this freak of nature here that strengthens over LAND! (well, the everglades) plus all the others I have been privileged to since 1970...i am used to it...

you will be fine, just be prepared

we are having fun swimming...we even went out to a sports bar tonight, it was fun driving on US1 with all the water!

LONE-STAR
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Hope everything goes ok for everybody in Fays path.

lucy_love
08-19-2008, 09:43 PM
now they're saying it's going to go out, become a hurricane and re-enter FL near St. Aug and go through Gainesville?

Ugh, I have to go back to UF tomorrow, greaaattttt

That's crazy they it STRENGTHENED over LAND?!!?

and like you all said, it's so true how the news are playing this up :rotfl2:

AuburnJen92
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
well, Fay did enter and park itself over the everglades and lake o, which are bodies of water, so strengthening, although a rarity, is a plausible situation...

it has decided to park itself over st lucie county right now...boy is it a howling outside...we are getting the "eye wall" right now...i am glad i put the garbage cans in...it is such a pain to go and find them down the street somewhere...;)

i still keep telling dh that i think their predictions/guessing is a little too north since it keeps going straight east instead of north like they keep guessing...

we will see

g8trmom1
08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
now they're saying it's going to go out, become a hurricane and re-enter FL near St. Aug and go through Gainesville?

Ugh, I have to go back to UF tomorrow, greaaattttt

That's crazy they it STRENGTHENED over LAND?!!?

and like you all said, it's so true how the news are playing this up :rotfl2:

Yikes, and Pete goes up for school this weekend..finals no less.:confused3

fldisneymommyto2
08-20-2008, 08:02 AM
The streets are flooded here in Palm Bay.... but I had to laugh at our good ol city.... 11:00 PM last night the phone rings... I hate when the phone rings that late as the first thought is that something is terribly wrong... well it was a reverse 911 call to tell us that there won't be any trash pick up today!!!:lmao:

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't need to be picked up when you can just float it away.:lmao:

DisneyBishops
08-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Well Fay is turning out to be the real b****. Here in Melb. she is just hanging around and pounding us with rain and some wind. Certainly no hurricane but about 12" of rain so far and we have alot of flooding. We don't usually get this much rain with a hurricane. Looks like she won't go out and become a hurricane. She is just going to stay on the coast and pound us with rain. Just what we needed. I was hoping she would head up into the southeast where they are in a drought. They could use all this rain. Here in Melb. our average Aug rainfall is around 6". Heck we are getting that much in a few hours.

But looks like not too much damage. Only a couple of twisters and no one killed. By tomorrow it will be much better.

I hear even DW is closed today. Wow, wonder if they evacuted the fort?

Us3
08-20-2008, 09:14 AM
I hear even DW is closed today. Wow, wonder if they evacuted the fort?

My MIL lives in Melbourne Beach and she said they are ok, but lots of rain! Stay safe!

I haven't heard that WDW was closed!?! There are several DIS folks at the Fort now...hopefully we'll have an update from them soon.

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 09:17 AM
12' is alot of rain for the ground to handle in a short period of time. I hope she quits soon for you guys. We sure could use some of that rain here.

Rhonda
08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
WDW is not closed today.

Here are today's hours (looks pretty normal):

Magic Kingdom 9a-10p
Epcot 9a-9p
Disney's Hollywood Studios 9a-10p
Disney's Animal Kingdom 9a-7p
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks 9a-8p

DisneyBishops
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
That was hard to believe. Heck DW is open during hurricanes. Anyway here in Melb. we are ok just some flooding and hard rain. Should be almost all gone by tomorrow afternoon. Fay is just hanging around and not moving very fast. Lot of things are closed so not as much traffic as usual. But we have been through much worse and came out ok.

Thanks for everyone's concern.

PolynesianPixie
08-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I bet the lines aren't bad at all! :lmao:

fyi- I'm thinking of you all and hoping you don't get too soaked or blow away!:goodvibes

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Some pix of WDW from yesterday, there are 2 pages.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/mikescopa/2008/08/thanks_fay_walt_disney_world_d.html

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
The one of the castle is kinda spooky.

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Its spooky that theres a 10minute wait even in these conditions!!!

DisneyBishops
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
We are swimming now. Just heard like 20" or rain in last 24hrs. They are evacuating low areas here in Melb. and Palm Bay. Fay is moving like a turtle.
Expected to be around here another 12-14 hrs. ouch please no more rain. At least with a hurricane they come tear stuff up and then get the heck out. Fay is like a friend who has overstayed their welcome.

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Just got a call from school, no school for the rest of the week because of the flooding. When I stupidly took my son to school (because the website said they had school) this morning, it took me an hour to get down US1 because it was flooded. Most of the neighborhoods east of US1 are flooded are they are running shuttles via school buses and dump trucks for people to get in and out and care givers to get in and out. My parents' development is flooded, as the ponds have all flooded into the streets. The water is about 4 feet from the back of her house. It is really something I haven't seen as far as flooding. They actually got more water than we did, about 20 inches. I'll see if I can post some pictures.

BRDof3
08-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Tie yourselves down! You're not allowed to float away.

Gatordad
08-20-2008, 04:55 PM
by Johnny Cash:

"Five Feet High And Rising"

My mama always taught me that good things come from adversity if we put our faith in the Lord.
We couldn't see much good in the flood waters when they
were causing us to have to leave home,
But when the water went down, we found that it had washed a load of rich black bottom dirt across our land. The following year we had the best cotton crop we'd ever had.

I remember hearing:

How high's the water, mama?
Two feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Two feet high and risin'

We can make it to the road in a homemade boat
That's the only thing we got left that'll float
It's already over all the wheat and the oats,
Two feet high and risin'

Three feet high and risin'

Well, the hives are gone,
I've lost my bees
The chickens are sleepin'
In the willow trees
Cow's in water up past her knees,

Four feet high and risin'
Four feet high and risin'

Hey, come look through the window pane,
The bus is comin', gonna take us to the train
Looks like we'll be blessed with a little more rain,
4 feet high and risin'

Five feet high and risin'

Well, the rails are washed out north of town
We gotta head for higher ground
We can't come back till the water comes down,

Well, it's five feet high and risin'

DisneyBishops
08-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Can someone please tell me how to post a pic on here?

Thanks

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 08:04 PM
goto http://imageshack.us and upload your picture there and copy and past the message boards link...it is that easy...make sure you resize it for the message boards

PolynesianPixie
08-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Just to let you all know, in case you heard stories and are worried....I talked to jen this morning and she and her family are fine. I called to check on them and talked to Chris at first. When I told him that I had heard that Port St Lucie was hit pretty hard last night and would possibley be declared a disaster area, he responded that it was a few years too late for that! :lmao: So if they still have their sense of humor, then I guess they're alright.

VACAMPER
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the update! Glad you guys are ok, Jen.

2goofycampers
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Glad your ok Jen girl.
This is one tenacious old broad, Fay.

AuburnJen92
08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey guys! I was worried I was late for school when Ami called this morning. It really freaked me out...I was like...Oh ****! Am I supposed to be at school???

That Fay is like unwanted in-laws showing up at the door unannounced...you can't wait until they go away! (I have a friend that has this problem constantly...oh the stories she tells!:eek: )

It is still blowing like a ***** here and the rain is off and on. My parents say that the water has receded in front, but not in back of their house, so I don't have to go and rescue her today.

Ami was so sweet for calling. Ever since PSL got on the national news, the phone has been ringing off the hook. If we actually built on our lot we bought, we would be sunk, literally. The lot is right where all the pictures are on TV. So, we just have a lot under water now and our house is in the north of the county nice and dry. I am sure glad they put in that 6 foot drainage pipe on our road between the two houses mid way after Frances and Jeanne. We would have not faired so well if they had not done it. We were pretty flooded after those two storms. One of the things I did look for when we bought this house was how high it sat above the road. I am glad I did.

Gatordad
08-21-2008, 01:30 PM
keep safe

BRDof3
08-21-2008, 01:39 PM
keep safe

Ditto

AuburnJen92
08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
I am more worried about DisneyBishops, he is still getting the worst of it, we can finally see the sun this afternoon...the wind is still blowing, but the sun has joined us again.

daddyscooltv
08-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Anyone know how the Fort is now? Is there still high winds there and how is the water situation at the campground around the sites? :confused3

DisneyBishops
08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey Jen, thanks for the concern. We are fine here in Melb. Only about 20" of rain so far. We finally decided to let Fay go away. We live on a acre lot and both front and back yard had about 2' of water. Now today it has finally receeded and now only about a ft. Not a lot of wind but man this is the most water I have ever seen. Lost power for a few hours but that was the worst of it. We still have water standing on several roads but all in all we made it fine. Heck the kids even got out of school all wk except Monday.

Gatordad
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
stay safe, enjoy your new "pool"

AuburnJen92
08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
now DisneyBishops and I get to enjoy the newcomers to town

MOSQUITOES!

Momof626x3
08-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Anyone know how the Fort is now? Is there still high winds there and how is the water situation at the campground around the sites? :confused3

Well we're at the Fort now, it gets gusty at times but our awning is out. There is a lot of standing water in some of the loops...1500 and 400 that I noticed in particular. Here is what loop 400 looked like this afternoon:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/3littleguys/FloridaTripPix073.jpg

We are in 200 and I'm starting to notice some standing water in certain spots here as well. The rain is really coming down tonight. Rivers running down the roads and the kids sneakers are soaked. I guess it may get better tomorrow...I'll believe it when I see it! But I'm still happy to be here! Soggy, but happy!

daddyscooltv
08-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Well we're at the Fort now, it gets gusty at times but our awning is out. There is a lot of standing water in some of the loops...1500 and 400 that I noticed in particular. Here is what loop 400 looked like this afternoon:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/3littleguys/FloridaTripPix073.jpg

We are in 200 and I'm starting to notice some standing water in certain spots here as well. The rain is really coming down tonight. Rivers running down the roads and the kids sneakers are soaked. I guess it may get better tomorrow...I'll believe it when I see it! But I'm still happy to be here! Soggy, but happy!

Thanks for the update. We will be arriving this afternoon for the weekend. Probably won't be setting up much of our usual Disney decorations. Be safe!

fldisneymommyto2
08-22-2008, 08:43 AM
now DisneyBishops and I get to enjoy the newcomers to town

MOSQUITOES!

We have had mosquitoes something terrible in Palm Bay for about the past month. Actually before the storm, they were saying that a lot of rain would help wash out all the eggs, so maybe we will get a little break!!!

AuburnJen92
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
They said this morning that they are already getting the trucks filled with bug juice this weekend...major outbreak expected from all the standing water here

I am already itching...:yay: (that is not me jumping up and down in happiness)