PDA

View Full Version : Need some travel info from you Fabulous UK DISers

debster812
04-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Hello All,

I need some travel advice. My SIL's Step-son has been accepted into a study abroad program in Manchester, England. He would be flying out of Boston around the end of August. Where should he fly to? London (Gatwick, Heathrow?) direct to Manchester?

Also he has asked my SIL if she would make the trip with him to help him move into his room(s) and get settled. She is jumping at the chance, so of course she needs to know where she should stay while she is there.

So any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

Hilary
04-19-2002, 03:52 PM
HI Debbie :wave:

Manchester isn't my area, I'm afraid, so I don't know about any places to stay for your SIL.

Manchester is one of the larger regional UK airports, so if your step-nephew (?) can get a flight direct there, I'm sure that would be the most straightforward. Of the two London airports, Heathrow would be the better one for onward travel to Manchester via road or rail.

Hopefully someone who knows Manchester better than me can help you out soon.

Pixie Power!
04-20-2002, 04:38 AM
I dont really know alot about Manchester apart from that they have great shops and a football team, however you could check this web site out.

http://www.visitnorthwest.com/

Hope this helps.

Emma

WDWfan,uk
04-20-2002, 04:51 AM
Hi Debbie,
Flying into Manchester would be far more convenient. My BIL and his wife ( a Mancunian born and bred!!)live in Manchester, I'll ask them. What sort of accommodation would your SIL want?

BevS97
04-20-2002, 05:53 AM
you can fly direct to Manchester from New York, not sure about Boston - but that would certainly be easiest - or you can fly from London to Manchester.

It's only a couple of hours on the train, but the worst part is getting from the airport to the train station - i think they have a new rail link, but it will still involve a couple of changes in London. I would certainly try and get a flight into Manchester.

Bev