PDA

View Full Version : Different check in lines?

TCB in FLA
08-16-2008, 12:48 PM
We are taking my MIL on her first Disney Cruise for her 70th birthday. I just realized that we will in different check-in lines (she's a first time cruiser in her own cabin; we are CC members). Think this wil be a problem? DH is going to drop us off with the luggage, then go park the car at the hotel and shuttle back -- otherwise, I'd have him go through the line with her.

I'm not sure why I'm worried -- check-in has gone so well before. I guess maybe we could be in different boarding groups (we'd simply wait until the last one was called) -- could there be other issues I'm not thinking of?

CarolAnnC
08-16-2008, 01:42 PM
You could always get in line with MIL and check in there with her. Nothing says you "have" to be in the CC line. That way you should be together for boarding...

TCB in FLA
08-16-2008, 02:12 PM
You could always get in line with MIL and check in there with her. Nothing says you "have" to be in the CC line. That way you should be together for boarding...

Would we still get the CC lanyards? We didn't receive them last cruise -- it was during the time after the ones with pins had been discontinued but nothing else was available.

mmouse37
08-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Would we still get the CC lanyards? We didn't receive them last cruise -- it was during the time after the ones with pins had been discontinued but nothing else was available.

She can just get on the CC line with you and check in....no problem at all. They are not going to care if she is a first time cruiser or not. And, if the CC line is too long (which it often is) just all go on the regular line and you will still get your lanyards!!

atinkerbellmom
08-16-2008, 02:58 PM
The regular line is sometimes shorter than the CC one.:lmao: The CC line was actually invented to save the members from needing to wait through a line, especially with the first time cruisers who have tons of questions. The problem is DCL has so many CC guest, that sometimes this line is longer. We usually arrive to port a little later, as we do not like lines and those of you that sleep at the port and make a mad rush to get on the ship :scared1: my kiddos, so we come later and both lines are usually short. One cruise we did get there closer to 10 than 11:30 and the regular line was actually shorter and we checked in there. FOr some reason the CC members did not realize they can utilize either line :lmao: , so we just slid right in and got boarding passes sooner than some of the others in the CC line. So you can always check in with your DMIL in the regular line and get your lanyards there. BTW, you say you did not get them last cruise, well they may had discontinued them that cruise. We had a cruise in 2006 when they had stopped. By the next cruise they were giving them out again. I guess the CC members made such a stink about them being dicontinued, that DCL brought them back. (Think those DISers had anything to do with that stink?;) ;) ).:thumbsup2

skibum
08-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Since she is with you, you will be able to go in either line with her.

ibouncetoo
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Also folks, if you have cabins that are linked, but people check in at different times, you can still all board together. Just keep the boarding card from the first 'cabin' that checked in. And, no, you don't HAVE to board together...no waiting around for those tardy in-laws required.:lmao:

TCB in FLA
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
The regular line is sometimes shorter than the CC one.:lmao: The CC line was actually invented to save the members from needing to wait through a line, especially with the first time cruisers who have tons of questions. The problem is DCL has so many CC guest, that sometimes this line is longer. We usually arrive to port a little later, as we do not like lines and those of you that sleep at the port and make a mad rush to get on the ship :scared1: my kiddos, so we come later and both lines are usually short. One cruise we did get there closer to 10 than 11:30 and the regular line was actually shorter and we checked in there. FOr some reason the CC members did not realize they can utilize either line :lmao: , so we just slid right in and got boarding passes sooner than some of the others in the CC line. So you can always check in with your DMIL in the regular line and get your lanyards there. BTW, you say you did not get them last cruise, well they may had discontinued them that cruise. We had a cruise in 2006 when they had stopped. By the next cruise they were giving them out again. I guess the CC members made such a stink about them being dicontinued, that DCL brought them back. (Think those DISers had anything to do with that stink?;) ;) ).:thumbsup2

We last cruised in Nov. 2007 -- right after they did away with the lanyard with the pins. DS#1 had just started pin collecting and was :sad1: when the lady told us the news. Guess I shouldn't have said anything. :guilty: And you better believe I made a comment or two about it!

cruisinmama06
08-17-2008, 08:12 AM
On our first Disney cruise, we were traveling with CC members. She told us to get in line with her and I didn't know any better at the time. ;)

SO yes, you can have her get in line with you.

mickeyluv
08-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Wanna make sure I understand this correctly. So even if you are a CC member you can check in at the normal check-in desk and not have to go to the CC check-in desk? You still receiving your CC lanyards also? Would hate to get in this line and be told that we were CC members and had to check-in at the CC desk! Thanks!

owensamo
08-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Wanna make sure I understand this correctly. So even if you are a CC member you can check in at the normal check-in desk and not have to go to the CC check-in desk? You still receiving your CC lanyards also? Would hate to get in this line and be told that we were CC members and had to check-in at the CC desk! Thanks!

You can check in at either line. We've actually been in the CC line before and had them send us to normal check-in desks because there was noone in the regular line. When they pull up your info, they'll know you're CC and they'll go get lanyards if they don't have them at their desk.

Amanda

mickeyluv
08-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Wow thanks for the quick response!! :thumbsup2

pj-atsea
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I have been a CC member for many years but have never had a CC lanyard. Is this relatively new? I last cruised in 2006. Because I am Canadian, I had to line up in the Non US Citizens line each time even though I was a CC member. Would this have made the difference in getting a lanyard?. I am sailing next month, and it will be my 7 th Disney Cruise.pj:banana: :banana:

atinkerbellmom
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I have been a CC member for many years but have never had a CC lanyard. Is this relatively new? I last cruised in 2006. Because I am Canadian, I had to line up in the Non US Citizens line each time even though I was a CC member. Would this have made the difference in getting a lanyard?. I am sailing next month, and it will be my 7 th Disney Cruise.pj:banana: :banana:

No, we did not get them in 2006 either. They were not giving them then to anyone. We were CC members in our 2006 cruise too. You will get one for 2008 though...:thumbsup2 We do not do anything different for the upnorth friends.