PDA

View Full Version : Pre-cruise hotel ideas

larchmont
08-15-2008, 11:18 PM
We are going on the 7 day western caribbean cruise on 1/24/09, flying in on 1/21/09 and wondering if 1) we should stay in Orlando or Cocoa Beach,and 2) hotel recs. We've been to Disney World twice in the last 18 mos, and plan to do something different this time - Kennedy Space Center, Sea World, etc.

What is unusual about my request is that DH smokes and snores, and has offered to stay in a different hotel than the kids and me if we can't find a nice one that allows smoking on the balcony. Does anyone know of a nice yet smoker friendly hotel? As a last resort, he may end up staying somewhere nearby - any suggestions that way either?

Don't worry - he works the night shift and we are used to sleeping apart.

shopdisney23
08-16-2008, 11:21 AM
We are going on the 7 day western caribbean cruise on 1/24/09, flying in on 1/21/09 and wondering if 1) we should stay in Orlando or Cocoa Beach,and 2) hotel recs. We've been to Disney World twice in the last 18 mos, and plan to do something different this time - Kennedy Space Center, Sea World, etc.

What is unusual about my request is that DH smokes and snores, and has offered to stay in a different hotel than the kids and me if we can't find a nice one that allows smoking on the balcony. Does anyone know of a nice yet smoker friendly hotel? As a last resort, he may end up staying somewhere nearby - any suggestions that way either?

Don't worry - he works the night shift and we are used to sleeping apart.

Hi :wave: . I think a good plan to do is stay at Royal Pacific Hotel. It's the cheapest but still AWESOME hotel out of all of the Universal resorts. You could go to IOA or Universal itself. Or you could drive to SeaWorld. I'm not sure if it is non-smoking. I would book 2 rooms, one smoking and one non smoking. I would recomend going to CityWalk 1/21, IOA/Universal 1/22, Do a part day of SeaWorld and come back and relax 1/23, and on 1/24 leave.

Hope ya have a great trip! :goodvibes

larchmont
08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I priced Royal Pacific and it was $450 a night, a little out of my price range. I think we are going to stay at the Doubletree Cocoa Beach, I can get a king bed suite with a private balcony for $139 a night. I haven't seen any bad reviews of this place and it's right on the water. Woo hoo!

karibritt01
08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
we are planning to come in 2 days pre-cruise. We chose POP because the kids always want to stay there. Normally DH and I don't think of POP as a relaxing atmosphere, and stay at CSR for our WDW trips. We are going to use Disney bus to DTD, then Lynx bus to Sea World for 1 day of our stay. The other day we are going to visit DTD, Fort Wilderness, Fantasia golf, and swim at the resort.

mommasita
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
We stay at the Best Western. I am not sure of the smoking rules inside the room (think I remember seeing ashtrays), but he most certainly can smoke just outside the door..

We try to arrive to have 2 days in the area, and we enjoy it.

SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
08-17-2008, 01:58 AM
We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I got a fabulous deal. A 2 room suite for $89.00 night, poolside. We are staying two nights. My friend got a one bedroom efficiency for $89.00 too. It looks pretty nice. It has a pool too.

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie

karibritt01
08-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Is that the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista? We stayed there last year for 1 night pre-WDW resort stay. It was clean, but the rooms needed some updating. Security guard at the gate made me feel good. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

SCRAPBOOKQUEEN
08-17-2008, 10:45 AM
The Comfort Inn we are staying at is in Cocoa Beach. I got the number from Shirley's thread that had all of the hotel telephone numbers. It looks nice from their website. If anyone knows differently, please let me know. Thanks.