PDA

View Full Version : DCL back to the Med????

Snow Shoe
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi all!

My wife and I have never taken a cruise of any sort, and were wondering if DCL had plans to go back to the Med in the near future? We liked the idea of crusining on DCL and siteseeg several of the places they went last summer there. Thanks for any help here.

MagicMe
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Rumors have floated around here for some time that the Magic may make it's way back over to Europe for the summer of 2010 (although "northern" Europe has been mentioned more than the Med). She's already scheduled for the Caribbean for 2009.

BelleEm2
08-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I sure hope so. We went last summer and had an amazing time. There was talk amongst CM's on board last year about a possible return to the area in 2010, and there are certainly rumors going around now, but we won't know anything for sure until November/December.

MagicMe
08-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I hope to take advantage of rebooking on board next month and waiting to see what will be available for 2010 and transfer. I'm definitely going to look at the repo this time around!

jrabbit
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
We had a wonder-ful ... no wait ... a MAGIC al med cruise in 2007. There is so much to see and do on that itenerary: Sicily (beach, greek ruins), Napels (Pompeii, Almafi Coast, Sorrento, etc), Olbia (nice beach day - and a rest day - need it to keep going), Civiccita / ROME (aka Czechoslovakia:) ) - to much to do in one day: Vatican or Ancient Rome :confused3: , La Spezia (Pisa, Florence or Cinque Terra - oh yeah!), Marsellies (another catch your breath day - but there's lots to do see here too) and Villifranche (beautiful port with a decision: Cannes, Nice or Monaco). Besides the cruise ports there's Barcelona - you can spend two or three days there without being bored: La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, La Ramblas, Picasso, Gaudi, the beach (the tourist bus is a great way to get around).

It was a wonderful cruise!!

50 years Too!
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Rumors have floated around here for some time that the Magic may make it's way back over to Europe for the summer of 2010 (although "northern" Europe has been mentioned more than the Med). She's already scheduled for the Caribbean for 2009.

Have been waiting for another med cruise, but maybe a northern cruise with an Adventures by Disney Italy added???
I have a year to talk my husband into booking those!

Deb