PDA

View Full Version : Limo ?

njsoccermom
08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know a good limo company to use from Disney resort to the port? If anyone has used one what was the cost?

cruisinmama06
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Does it have to be a limo?

We use a Private Towncar service. It's called Florida Towncar Service
(oops, the web link was edited, are we not allowed to talk about private transport)

The towncar holds up to 5 people. They pick us up at a Disney Resort and take us directly to the port. Then after the cruise, they take us to the airport.

Cost is usually $200 round trip.

It's the easiest way for us to get to/from port. :)

cruisinmama06
08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I have seen others use Lorden Transportation as their Limo Service. I don't know their price though.

Windy City Heather
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I like Sun Ray.

gydell
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I have seen others use Lorden Transportation as their Limo Service. I don't know their price though.

We have used Lorden and were not 100% satisfied. We have used Southern Elegance for several trips and have loces them. A limo is $180 MCO so it is probably more from the resorts.

wideeyedwonder
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Last July, we spent 4 days at WDW and 3 nights on the Magic. We used "Happy Limo" (recomended by mousesavers.com), and our limo costs were:

MCO to WDW Beach Club: $122
WDW Beach Club to Port C: $179
Port C to MCO: $163

They also recomended a 20% tip to the driver, so add those in as well.

Would I do it again? It was a fun "wow, we're riding in a limo" experience for my kids, but the limo from beach club to the ship smelled like a mixture of hay and manure (not strong, but enough to make us not like it), and two of the three rides we had to fiddle with the AV equipment a long while in order to get the video (kids cartoons) going.

I would have opted for a standard town car, but there were 5 of us, so we ended up taking various stretch limos.

Next time, I think we'll just try out the standard Disney supplied transportation.

We use a Private Towncar service. It's called Florida Towncar Service...The towncar holds up to 5 people.

Hmmm, maybe we'll give them a try, if a towncar can hold 5 + luggage.

LCTsMom
08-15-2008, 04:27 PM
We used Happy Limo in Sept 2006. We needed a 10 passenger van with two Disney hotel pickups. They were great. The driver was on time and courteous, the rate was the cheapest I could find at the time (I don't remember the cost, sorry) and the van was spotless (no smells either). Based on my previous experience I would not hesitate to use them again.

cruisinmama06
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Hmmm, maybe we'll give them a try, if a towncar can hold 5 + luggage.

Yep, the towncar definately holds 5 plus loads of luggage. On one cruise we had 2 adults up front with the driver, me plus the two kids and two car seats in the back. Plus, ELEVEN pieces of luggage (including stroller). :eek:

Yeah those days are over...lol.

ShannonRT
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
For the WB Repo, I used America Travels Limo. We went from Sanford to Port Canaveral for about $220 but they will pick up and drop off pretty much anywhere in the central Florida/port area. The owner's name is Mike and he was our driver. He was soooo nice and ended up giving us a free upgrade to an SUV limo because the regular limo he was going to use was broken down.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii34/ShannonRT/DCLWBRepo0132.jpg

Magic Family
08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
We've used Happy Limo for our last three WDW/DCL trips, and we've never been disappointed. The drivers are very friendly and extremely helpful. I never touched a bag. They've always been on time, stocked with beverages, and had a movie playing for the kids. The driver has always shown us how to regulate volume, air conditioning, etc.

They also price match, so I checked other companies. When I found a cheaper price, they matched it.

inkkognito
08-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Speaking of Happy Limo, we'll be taking them this afternoon! (2 p.m. pickup to head to MCO for our Panama Canal cruise). I highly recommend them too, and they have coupon rates so be sure to ask if you call for a quote.

njsoccermom
08-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I just wanted to thank everybody for their replies. I know I can always count on the DIS boards for help.