PDA

View Full Version : Activating Disney Reward Cards Away from Home?

Joy2theWorld
08-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I was thinking of not activating our Disney rewards card until we are ready to board the ship since I don't want to lose it. We have a lot of $ on that thing. I am just wondering if you have to do it from home or if it can be from somewhere else. Usually that sticker says, but it just gives an 800 number.
Thanks!

mickeyluv
08-15-2008, 01:14 AM
A couple of years ago we were at WDW in Florida at DTD and we did it there. I'm not sure about while your on the cruise. Your best bet would be to call Chase/Disney Visa and ask them just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!

brucechase
08-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I ordered a reward card with $20 on it and will add the rest as soon as I get on the ship. That way I have the reward card and added $ is pretty easy. I always thought that you had to have the reward card first. You might want to check it out.

Joy2theWorld
08-15-2008, 07:15 AM
I do have the rewards card, however, there is a sticker on it with a number you must call to actually activate the card. With credit cards, that often has to be done from your home phone. I was trying to figure out if this was the same.

mmouse37
08-15-2008, 07:42 AM
I, personally, would activate and load it before I left. I also feel better being prepared in case something happened enroute that prevented me from activating the card.

You said you were worried about possibly losing it....what do you do with your other important cards/documentation that you need when you travel....are you worried about losing those as well? Just curious why you would be worried about losing just that one card... Just keep the rewards cards where you would keep your other important cards/docs that you need to bring.

nzdisneymom
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
When we've needed to get new cards (because of expiration on others), I've always just put the $20 on it, activated it when I received it, and then don't add any more to it until right before we travel. If I have my laptop with me and know I'll have internet access, I don't even put on as much as I think we might need because I know we can always add later.

mickeyluv
08-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Can guest services add to your Disney Rewards Card on the ship?