PDA

View Full Version : Hotel at port for family of 8...

keam
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi. I was hoping to get some suggestions for a hotel at Port Canaveral. DH and I are sailing Thanksgiving week with 6 kids (15, 12, 10, 6, 4, 1). We are driving in the day before and need a nice hotel that would offer connecting rooms. I know that many of the hotels are "suites." Do they have connecting rooms available?

Thanks,
Kristi

TCB in FLA
08-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Try the Country Inn and Suites. We're booked in a "kids suite" room with room for 4 kids -- I can't remember if there was a connecting door or not. It's a newer hotel with tons of rooms, so I'm sure something would work. Plus, it has a great breakfast buffet.

Which T'giving cruise are you on? We're doing the 3-night Wonder, Sun-Wed. before turkey day. We've got a great group on the meet board.

mmouse37
08-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Marriott Residence Inn is also very nice.....very near port and the rooms were great (suites) and I am pretty sure they had some connecting rooms.

They also had a complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the morning. We are staying there again this October before our cruise.

Octoberbride03
08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
FYI, No matter which hotel you book, I'd book it ASAP. I booked Country Inn & Suites a few months ago, for our cruise and found I'd put it off too long. Last i heard prices for my weekend were 200.00. And from when I went searching for hotels I doubt that its out of line with others. The only 1 really chepaer at the time was the Raddisson, but the cancellation policy had a fee. CI&S does not unless you cancel day of I believe.

SO if your cruise is this coming Thanksgiving. Get booked TODAY.

mmouse37
08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
FYI, No matter which hotel you book, I'd book it ASAP. I booked Country Inn & Suites a few months ago, for our cruise and found I'd put it off too long. Last i heard prices for my weekend were 200.00. And from when I went searching for hotels I doubt that its out of line with others. The only 1 really chepaer at the time was the Raddisson, but the cancellation policy had a fee. CI&S does not unless you cancel day of I believe.

SO if your cruise is this coming Thanksgiving. Get booked TODAY.

Hate to say we booked the Marriott Residence Inn over 18 months ago and got a rate of $105 per night for a 1 bedroom suite. So your advice above is right on the money!!!

Octoberbride03
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Hate to say we booked the Marriott Residence Inn over 18 months ago and got a rate of $105 per night for a 1 bedroom suite. So your advice above is right on the money!!!

We are paying $139 at CI&S. I waited till i was sure I wouldn't have to put off the cruise and then 1 more week to see if I could get in on Allen's rate. Price went up $10 in a week.

If I had it to do over. I would have booked at 12 months out which is as far as you can book at that CI&S i believe and canceled if I'd had to. Had it booked for the cruise we needed to push back and cancelled it but it was too early to rebook. Now I know better. But Dh is happy with price so I am too.

MaryKLady
08-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Do any of these hotels have a shuttle to the port? Or do you have to catch a cab?

Octoberbride03
08-15-2008, 11:33 AM
CI&S has its own shuttle. I believe a couple of other hotels do too. There is also a local shuttle that services a bunch of the hotels down there as well.

keam
08-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the replies. We are doing the 7 night western the week of Thanksgiving. I'm going to call Country Inn & Suites and the others listed. Obviously, we're a little late to the party, so to speak. :snail: Oh well, I guess we'll pay what we pay as long as we get the rooms we need at this point. After paying for 3 cabins (one for my sister and her family, too), what's two hotel rooms for one night? All I have to say is ... these memories BETTER be priceless because they're going to cost me an arm and two legs!! ;)

Thanks,
Kristi

Happy4Disney
08-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm glad you asked the question because we are also cruising the week of Thanksgiving and I did not make any hotel reservations. I even read through the FAQ sticky towards the top of the board with all of the hotel info listed and still did not call!

Well thanks for the reminder, I made the call today and can check this off my list as complete! :banana: