PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Onboard Credit

29apr00
08-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I know that in order to recieve the on board credit, you have to make deposit and full payment with your Disney Visa.

The cruise is paid in full now, with the Visa. When we book the Vow Renewal, the cost is added onto the cruise fare. So does that mean we also have to pay that with the visa??

wdwscout
08-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I think so. When I added the Romantic Escape at Sea, it had to be on the Disney Visa to still qualify for the credit. I had wanted to pay for it separately as a surprise, but couldn't do it.

mommylovesdisneymore
08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
what is this we paid for our cruise with our Disney visa odes that mean we get some kind of credit too?

Fizzgig
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
If you book with a group rate, you don't get the on-board credit from the Disney Visa.

If you book a normal rate (say from the Disney website) and you pay for -everything- with a Disney Visa, you might get a $25-50 on-board credit.

Don't count on the credit, and be pleasantly surprised if you get it. :) I've always found group rates to more than make up $50 of on-board credit I don't get.

29apr00
08-15-2008, 07:41 AM
we are a few cabins shy of a group rate. Right now we have 5. We still have 16 months left to go, but i don't see any more guests being able to attend.

Now, if anyone here on the DIS would like to attend and we get a group rate, that'd be fine by me!! :lmao:

dismom73
08-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I booked two staterooms for my family through DU and paid the deposit with my DV and plan on using it to pay for the rest of the cruise. Do I have to do anything special to get the credit, or is it just automatic?

29apr00
08-15-2008, 10:14 AM
:confused3 I did mention it to my DU TA, and she said i would get it.

brucechase
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
On the Disney Rewards Visa website it states:

4 Use your Disney Rewards Visa Card to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and receive a $50 onboard credit good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Call 1-800-257-2024 or your travel agent to book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation and ask for booking code DCC. Offer must be requested at time of booking for new bookings only. The onboard credit is per stateroom for each stateroom paid in full with Disney Rewards Visa Card up to a maximum of 4 staterooms. Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Ships’ Registry: TheBahamas. CST #1022229-50.

I reminded my TA to ask for the credit when I paid in full because I wasn't sure this was asked for when I paid the deposit. He sent me a confirmation that I received the $50 OBC when I got my paid in full statement. I did not get the credit until it was paid in full.