PDA

View Full Version : Documentation for Stepdaughter

LParente
08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
I will be cruising the Wonder with DH and my stepdaughter. DH and his ex wife are going together to get DSD's passport. Do I need anything in writing from the ex giving consent to bring my stepdaughter on the cruise since DH will be there?

KT27
08-14-2008, 07:43 AM
We cruised on the Wonder for New Year's eve with my stepdaughter who is 11. We did not need any extra documentation other than her passport when we were boarding. There was a form if a minor was traveling with someone other than their parents in the online check in area that needed to be notarized. We had the ex fill that out just in case.

I also have on file just in case a power of attorney for medical issues in case something happens to my stepdaughter and my husband is not around (he is Active Duty Military) and I brought that with me. My stepdaughter has severe allergies so in our case it was something we wanted to have on hand.

eva
08-14-2008, 08:15 AM
We cruised on the Wonder for New Year's eve with my stepdaughter who is 11. We did not need any extra documentation other than her passport when we were boarding. There was a form if a minor was traveling with someone other than their parents in the online check in area that needed to be notarized. We had the ex fill that out just in case.

I also have on file just in case a power of attorney for medical issues in case something happens to my stepdaughter and my husband is not around (he is Active Duty Military) and I brought that with me. My stepdaughter has severe allergies so in our case it was something we wanted to have on hand.

The power of attorney for medical issues is a great idea. I need to speak with my DD about that. She has a blended family. This makes a lot of sense, even without a trip. We thought of the notarized form, but never thought of everyday medical issues. Good idea! :thumbsup2

LParente
08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I emailed DCL about the minor authorization form and the official response was that it is not required as long as the child is traveling with one of her parents.