PDA

View Full Version : Question about pop up camper beds

labdogs42
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi All! We are new to the RV camping thing -- just put a downpayment on our first(gently used) pop up trailer the other day! I'm wondering what to do about the beds in the camper. They seem reasonably comfortable, but I'm wondering if I should get some foam mattress toppers or anything to make them a little plusher. Any ideas/suggestions? What do you do? I can't wait to take it camping for the first time!!

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
We use a good quality inflatible bed type air matress on our hybrid to supplement the foam ones that came with it.

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
What kind of Pop-up is it? We have a Coleman Fleetwood....2006, I think. The beds are actually really comfy! I put nothing on them but sheets!

If yours are hard, I'd probably get some memory foam to put on top.

stacktester
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I put egg crates on mine and it really helped make it soft. You can buy it in a lot of sizes as well.

Congrats on the camper by the way. You're gonna get hooked especially if you go to the fort.

labdogs42
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
It is a Coleman Utah (2006 maybe?). They seemed pretty comfy when we checked it out, but I'm just not sure how I'll feel about them after a whole night of sleeping!!

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
It is a Coleman Utah (2006 maybe?). They seemed pretty comfy when we checked it out, but I'm just not sure how I'll feel about them after a whole night of sleeping!!

I wondered the same thing. It isn't unusual for me to wake up with sore hips in my own bed. I'm telling you....I sleep a million times better on that pop-up mattress!

VACAMPER
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
egg crates is what we use as well.

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Be sure to take the eggs out first.

VACAMPER
08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Be sure to take the eggs out first.

Absolutely, I forgot once. Let's just say nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with egg yolk running down your butt crack.

Gillian
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
We used an eggcrate thingy on ours last week. It helped. Our pop up is a coleman santa fe and the mattresses are not great, they're thin. I plan to get memory foam for next year, now that I know the egg crate made a difference.

And do yourselves a favor and check all the water connections before turning on the water.

labdogs42
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
We used an eggcrate thingy on ours last week. It helped. Our pop up is a coleman santa fe and the mattresses are not great, they're thin. I plan to get memory foam for next year, now that I know the egg crate made a difference.

And do yourselves a favor and check all the water connections before turning on the water.

OK, remove eggs from egg crate :rotfl: and check water connections. Any other tips??

2goofycampers
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Slant awning for water drain off - or you get to buy a new one.

Born 2 Fish
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
If you do any winter camping , stay away from the deadly yellow snow !
:lmao: 2: