PDA

View Full Version : What's in Your Wallet?

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a 20 dollar bill, a card for an ice cream place where I can get a free cone if I buy 10 with 2 stamps on it, an old fortune from a chinese restaurant, my driver's license, a couple of credit cards, my retired Army ID, my KOA card, my AARP card, and a piece of paper with a phone number on it but no name which I may try calling tonight just to see who it is.

3gr8kids
08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
dust :lmao:

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't have a wallet, haven't since HS.

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't have a wallet, haven't since HS.

What, you just cram all your junk in your pockets? What kind of system is that?

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 09:21 PM
What, you just cram all your junk in your pockets? What kind of system is that?

mine

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
You make me sound like a woman that goes around with all this **** in her pockets. No, just essentials. I used to carry a purse in HS, always got crap stolen out of it. I said the hell with it and carried what I needed in my pockets. I have ever since. All that womany crap is for the birds anyway.

RvUsa
08-11-2008, 09:26 PM
A bunch of maxed out credit cards, and 2 1 dollar bills..... thanks, now I am even more depressed!

BRDof3
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I may have $10 in mine, it's a banner week! Just some leftover from my last umpire check, otherwise I'd have about 75 cents and a couple of pop tabs.

terri01p
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Debit card
Libuary card
One penny
Drivers lic.
Bonus card
Insurance card
Coupon for something?

Thanks for asking :stitch2:

loveDmouse
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Not enough! :lmao:

Disney Campers
08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
debit card
Auto insurance cards
AAA card
expired good sam card
chili's gift card - forgot about that
Drivers License
stashed 2 dollar bill
voter id card
camping world card
another debit card
blue cross card
lint
22.00 cash
NO Credit Cards:yay:

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Not enough! :lmao:

Too funny!! I just said the EXACT same thing as soon as I read the thread title!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

BigDaddyRog
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Cobwebs....a button......heres an empty gum wrapper......a picture of my kids thats stuck to the plastic sleeve thingy.......a bunch of credit cards Im not allowed to use......a condom from 1987......is this a dead moth?......sams card, I should renew that.....some reciepts from god knows what gas station god knows how long ago........a small mexican family.....my lucky rhino horn....a fruit bat skeleton....not a single dollar bill.

2goofycampers
08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Master Card
B/C & B/S card insurance card
drivers license
Kroger card
Food Lion card
$20.00
spouse of Frank's AARP card [ not old enough for my own]
emergency contact card, which needs updated

des1954
08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Man... ya'll are novices!!

Debit Card
Credit Card
Health Insurance Card
Prescription Insurance Card
Dental Insurance Card
Eyecare Insurance Card
Drivers License
AAA Card
Auto Insurance Cards
Winn Dixie Rewards Card
Sam's Card (expired)
Subway Rewards Card
Petco Rewards Card
Barnes & Nobles Reward Card (expired)
Voter ID Card
CVS Rewards Card
Library Card
Hallmark Gold Crown Card
AARP Card
Kohl's, Avenue, Sears, Penney's, Dillards, Bealls, Credit Cards
Disney AP's
DDE Card
Rainforest Discount Card
KTTW Card from 11/07
Dental Appt Card
Eyeglass Prescription
Receipt from last dental appt
Receipt from bank deposit
Receipt from ATM withdrawl
Receipt from Publix
Receipt from Arby's for 1 large jamoca shake
Starbuck's Gift Card with $5.00 balance
$10 Coupon from Winn Dixie (expired 8/5 - darn)
Camping World Card
Lazy Day Customer For Life Card
Flying J Discount Card (which never gives a discount)
$77.47 cash

I carry a purse w/cell phone, keys, small calendar, chap stick, hand lotion, tide stain stick, excedrin, old lipstick which I never use, wadded up kleenex (not sure if they're clean or used), trident spearmint gum, a couple of feminine products (which thankfully I no longer need - but just in case), small mirror, dental floss, eyeglass cleaning cloth, sunglasses, regular or computer glasses (depends what I'm doing at the time) purell, a 12' tape measure, a bank deposit I need to make today.

I think that's all!

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Master Card
B/C & B/S card insurance card
drivers license
Kroger card
Food Lion card
$20.00
spouse of Frank's AARP card [ not old enough for my own]
emergency contact card, which needs updated

20.oo !!! Where the heck did you get 20.oo ??
You hold'n out on me again woman !?!?!?

BRDof3
08-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Now we know why Debbie camps at a place where she can get a golf cart. she needs it to pull the trailer that carries her purse!

:dance3:

Rob (Good Moring to All!)

PolynesianPixie
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Everything but the kitchen sink in mine. But it is organized into baggies and envelopes and lists. Hey, I have 3.5 DDs and they need stuff.

ftwildernessguy
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Debbie's wallet sounds like George Costanza's.

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Everything but the kitchen sink in mine. But it is organized into baggies and envelopes and lists. Hey, I have 3.5 DDs and they need stuff.

I've seen Ami's, it's like she brings a camping trip with her each time she goes out the door! Amazing!

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 09:39 AM
A rock! and a penny from the WTC, drivers license, military ID, $79, credit cards, sams club id, hilton hhonors card, losing lottery ticket, fortune cookie fortune, aarp and aaa cards.

3gr8kids
08-12-2008, 09:58 AM
A rock! and a penny from the WTC, drivers license, military ID, $79, credit cards, sams club id, hilton hhonors card, losing lottery ticket, fortune cookie fortune, aarp and aaa cards.

$79.00!!!!!

Party in Al's wallet and we're all invited, lol :banana:

stky6
08-12-2008, 10:25 AM
driver license
pilot license
fishing license
money?...yeah right...just got back from Disney :lmao:

PolynesianPixie
08-12-2008, 10:27 AM

Did your fortune cookie fortune say to watch out for partying forum members?

Us3
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
This thread made me realize I need to clean out my wallet!

Has anyone else seen the banner ad on the bottom of the page with Samantha Brown on the motorcycle? hehe I wasn't expecting that! :rotfl:

ftwildernessguy
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
No, I have an ad about bad credit - is this a subliminal message?

SCBeachBum
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Driver.s License, Debit Card, BoatUS Tow Card, Camping World Tow Card and a big shiny chain attached to my pants. :thumbsup2

PolynesianPixie
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
This thread made me realize I need to clean out my wallet!

As anyone else seen the banner ad on the bottom of the page with Samantha Brown on the motorcycle? hehe I wasn't expecting that! :rotfl:

I see "Lifes a Breeze"!

Us3
08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
No, I have an ad about bad credit - is this a subliminal message?

Ok...just because this is your thread...I looked it up to see what the banner ad was all about. It's for her new show "Passport to Great Weekends" on Travel Channel.

Oh yeah, I still need to clean out my wallet!

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/us3p2/sambrownmotorcyle.jpg

ftwildernessguy
08-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok...just because this is your thread...I looked it up to see what the banner ad was all about. It's for her new show "Passport to Great Weekends" on Travel Channel.

I wonder if Sam would ride with me? She just can't go over 40 - my scooter is little.

We4mickey
08-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Man... ya'll are novices!!

Debit Card
Credit Card
Health Insurance Card
Prescription Insurance Card
Dental Insurance Card
Eyecare Insurance Card
Drivers License
AAA Card
Auto Insurance Cards
Winn Dixie Rewards Card
Sam's Card (expired)
Subway Rewards Card
Petco Rewards Card
Barnes & Nobles Reward Card (expired)
Voter ID Card
CVS Rewards Card
Library Card
Hallmark Gold Crown Card
AARP Card
Kohl's, Avenue, Sears, Penney's, Dillards, Bealls, Credit Cards
Disney AP's
DDE Card
Rainforest Discount Card
KTTW Card from 11/07
Dental Appt Card
Eyeglass Prescription
Receipt from last dental appt
Receipt from bank deposit
Receipt from ATM withdrawl
Receipt from Publix
Receipt from Arby's for 1 large jamoca shake
Starbuck's Gift Card with $5.00 balance
$10 Coupon from Winn Dixie (expired 8/5 - darn)
Camping World Card
Lazy Day Customer For Life Card
Flying J Discount Card (which never gives a discount)
$77.47 cash

I carry a purse w/cell phone, keys, small calendar, chap stick, hand lotion, tide stain stick, excedrin, old lipstick which I never use, wadded up kleenex (not sure if they're clean or used), trident spearmint gum, a couple of feminine products (which thankfully I no longer need - but just in case), small mirror, dental floss, eyeglass cleaning cloth, sunglasses, regular or computer glasses (depends what I'm doing at the time) purell, a 12' tape measure, a bank deposit I need to make today.

I think that's all!

Your purse sounds like mine. My DH is always telling me I have too much crap in it. I just bought a new purse and I don't think it will all fit in there. I do though have my secrest stash in there $200. I keep tucking $20 bills in there, but not using them. SSSSHHHHHHHH don't tell DH.

drafthorsecrazy
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
In defense of most women

We are the ones who carry things for those What If moments.
What if we are in an accident? Need the insurance cards.
What if the kids need their hands/faces cleaned? Need wipes.
What if we need an unexpected large purchase? Need lots of credit cards.
What if the store has discounts? Need the store member card.
You get the idea. Women are beasts of burden. Seriously. Check out some of the families going into the parks at WDW. The women are loaded down with bags, purses, cameras etc. while the husband is only wearing a lost, confused look.

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 10:58 AM
My add at the bottom is for matching family clothing up to sizes 6xl, How the heck did they know what size I need? Oh, by the way, that $2 I had in my wallet is gone, my wife took it for a drink on the way to the museum yesterday :(

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
expired promo card for AT&T wireless
Teleconference card
Metro card for NYC subway
UF College ID
Beef O'Brady's gift card
Sams Club Card
Student Alumni Association Card
Drivers License
$62.50

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
My add at the bottom is for matching family clothing up to sizes 6xl, How the heck did they know what size I need? Oh, by the way, that $2 I had in my wallet is gone, my wife took it for a drink on the way to the museum yesterday :(

The ad is if you want to dress your whole family alike......

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM

This is by far.....the sexiest picture Ive ever seen of Samigirl......she's HAWT!

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
The ad is if you want to dress your whole family alike......

Now it is for "are your credit cards maxed out" we can help....

IT'S LIKE THEY ARE IN MY HEAD READING MY MIND!!! SCARY I TELL YOU!!!

des1954
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Women are beasts of burden. Seriously. Check out some of the families going into the parks at WDW. The women are loaded down with bags, purses, cameras etc. while the husband is only wearing a lost, confused look.

Yes, we are. My DH refers to my purse as the "P.O.D.S." (while he's handing me stuff to put in it for him). I've had & used the same purse since 2003. It's an "old lady" type with pockets for everything. Changing purses is akin to moving. You never find anything in your house after you've moved! When DH asks me: "Where's such-n-such?" I can recall exactly where it was in our previous home. I have a hard time finding it in our current home....and we've lived there 4 years now - and - it's 1/3 the size of our previous house. Go figure!:confused3

PolynesianPixie
08-12-2008, 01:10 PM
This is by far.....the sexiest picture Ive ever seen of Samigirl......she's HAWT!

Yeah, but she is not wearing a helmet. What kind of example is she setting for her audience, I ask you?

Us3
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, but she is not wearing a helmet. What kind of example is she setting for her audience, I ask you?

Have you seen what helmets do to your hair? As a matter of fact she kind of has a helmet hair appearance here...hehe j/k...she really does look great in this pic..Chips glasses and all. Where's Ponch? ;)

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
hubba hubba
samantha brown.

ftwildernessguy
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Sam (that's what she likes me to call her) was over to the house last night, and she told me she gets kind of creeped out by everybody on this board talking about her. I told her you guys were harmless, but I don't think she got much comfort out of that.

BRDof3
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
You are all so FOS, no wonder I feel like I fit in so well.

I was reading the last posts on this thread while the Help Desk was trying to get my computer working again, and I busted out laughing right in the guy's ear. Just couldn't hold it back any more.

This could be dangerous to read while working. My co-workers won't answer my calls if I keep laughing at them for no reason.

:dance3:

Rob

Rhonda
08-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh man....this is going to take awhile. I can't believe I have all this in one wallet!!! Here we go, from top to bottom in all the pockets:

Mastercard - maxed out
DSW Rewards card
Enterprise Car Rental card
Lens Crafters coupon card
Sun Harvest Orange Juice punch card
Staples Business Rewards Card
Biscotti's Coffee Bar punch card (free one next time!!)
Target Optical Department business card
Winn Dixie reward card (Do they even use these anymore?)
Blockbuster card (We use Netflix now - don't even know why I keep this)
Another Mastercard - maxed out
Costco card
Jojoka Coffee Company punch card
Entertainment card
CLIA Travel Agent ID card (this one's important! Gets me my discounts!!)
La-Te-Da Salon & Spa punch card
Hess Soda Club punch card
Lee County Library card
Visa Debit card
Another Visa Debit card
Expired FL Drivers' License (why don't I throw this away?)
Regal Theaters Crown Club card
Advance Medical Directive card (in case I get in an accident!)
"Real" FL Drivers' license
Panera receipt
Walgreen's receipt
Office Depot rewards card
Blank check (in case I forget my checkbook)
Free dinner coupon from Iguana Mia's restaurant
Dole Salad coupon
Airwick coupon
Sweet Tomatoes coupon
Zone Perfect bar coupon
A pile of old receipts (I should really go through these)
Publix coupon (tore from Entertainment book--I gotta remember to use this)
Universal Studios annual pass
Leftover Platinum coupons from our last RCCL cruise (I'll use them next time)
2007 Disney annual pass (I gotta renew this!)
Budget Car Rental card
Super 8 Trip Rewards card
Delta Skymiles card
Jockey Club card
Best Buy Rewards card
Petsmart rewards card
Harry & David punch card
Social Security card (yeah - I know, I know)
National Car Rental card
Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club card
Avis Preferred card
Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor card
Van Heusen/Geoffrey Beene card
Vitamin World Savings card
Goodwill donation receipt (gotta remember to claim on taxes this year)
3 nickels
5 quarters
8 dimes
40 pennies

So, do I win the prize??? :banana:

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Yes you win, and your prize is a new set of luggage to carry all that stuff in.:rotfl2:

des1954
08-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's Rhonda's purse....

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/P945821.jpg (javascript:void window.open( 'http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L945821.jpg','bigProImg','width=500,height=450, resizable=yes,menubar=yes,location=no,status=no,sc rollbars=yes');)

Rhonda
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
All that stuff is just in my WALLET! You should see what I can stuff in my whole purse! :rotfl2:

djblu883
08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
1. 2 bookstore club cards
2. drivers lic.
3. 2 work lic.
4. hotel rewards card
5. AAA Card
6. Sams Card
7. Ins. Health card
8. Car Ins, card
9. ring I don't wear
10.checkbook

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
hubba hubba
samantha brown.

If she only had her pineapple shirt from the holiday show, all of you would have buckets on the floor for the drool....:rotfl:

clkelley
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I've got

Driver's License
Debit Card
Corporate and Personal Diners Club Cards
AAA Card
Good Sam Club Card
Good Sam Road Service Card
BC/BS Card
Delta Dental
$140 (Work took up a collection for me and brought it to me at the house yesterday along with this humongous card):cool1: Disneyland money!!!! (Yes, Disneyland is good for my recovery)

I've also got this box in our safe with other credit cards and all sorts of hotel and rental car cards
Marriott Rewards
HiltonHHonors
KOA Card
Wyndham Rewards
Choice Rewards
Delta Skymiles
Southwest Rapid Rewards
Disney tickets
Holiday Inn rewards
Avis card
Hertz card
National card
etc., etc.

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I love her pineapples.......

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 09:57 PM

I just bet you do...DH told me to add that they are not hard to look at...:3dglasses

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 08:27 AM

See, this is the sort of thing Sam is talking about. I sure hope she doesn't cancel dinner at the Kiwi in October because of all this.

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Went grocery shopping with DW last night so the $79 is history and it all fit in 2 baags! It reminded me of why we don't shop together much - it took her 35 minutes to pick out 1 birthday card, 6 frozen dinners and some yogurt - 35 minutes!

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I hate shopping with my wife as much as she hates shopping with me. She has no system. She runs willy nilly around the store getting each item on her list in the order she wrote it. By the end, you've gone around the store 18 times and are exhausted. My system - do the big outside loop first, getting the bread, meat and milk. Then go past each aisle hesitating enough to see if you need anything in that row. If not, go to the next. If so, go down the aisle and pick up the item, continuing to the end of the aisle where you go on to the next. One round trip in the store, you're done in a half hour or less, and have enough energy to go to Lowes.

VACAMPER
08-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I hate when my Dh goes with me because I spend twice the amount of money. He throws so much junk we don't need in the cart. It's like having the kids along. I know the layout of the store so well I can put my list in order by whats on each aisle. Starting in the back and working my way to the checkout lanes.

BigDaddyRog
08-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Me & my ol'lady shop pretty well together....she gets the food while I check out the camping stuff, the automotive stuff, the power tools, and fishing supplies. She's usually done by the time Im finished.....then Im allowed to ask for ONE toy to bring home with me if Ive been good.

RvUsa
08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Erica hates shopping with me.... I follow right behind her asking are you done yet, every five seconds. She gets so mad! Then finally she just starts laughing. So she usually leaves me at home. When she does send me by myself, I don't buy what she wants, just what catches Matt and my eye, and then she goes by herself, to get what I missed. That's why I never shop anymore. It worked. LOL

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
.... I follow right behind her asking are you done yet, every five seconds.

Great strategy, I'll have to try that!

seabee
08-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh man....this is going to take awhile. I can't believe I have all this in one wallet!!! Here we go, from top to bottom in all the pockets:

Mastercard - maxed out
DSW Rewards card
Enterprise Car Rental card
Lens Crafters coupon card
Sun Harvest Orange Juice punch card
Staples Business Rewards Card
Biscotti's Coffee Bar punch card (free one next time!!)
Target Optical Department business card
Winn Dixie reward card (Do they even use these anymore?)
Blockbuster card (We use Netflix now - don't even know why I keep this)
Another Mastercard - maxed out
Costco card
Jojoka Coffee Company punch card
Entertainment card
CLIA Travel Agent ID card (this one's important! Gets me my discounts!!)
La-Te-Da Salon & Spa punch card
Hess Soda Club punch card
Lee County Library card
Visa Debit card
Another Visa Debit card
Expired FL Drivers' License (why don't I throw this away?)
Regal Theaters Crown Club card
Advance Medical Directive card (in case I get in an accident!)
"Real" FL Drivers' license
Panera receipt
Walgreen's receipt
Office Depot rewards card
Blank check (in case I forget my checkbook)
Free dinner coupon from Iguana Mia's restaurant
Dole Salad coupon
Airwick coupon
Sweet Tomatoes coupon
Zone Perfect bar coupon
A pile of old receipts (I should really go through these)
Publix coupon (tore from Entertainment book--I gotta remember to use this)
Universal Studios annual pass
Leftover Platinum coupons from our last RCCL cruise (I'll use them next time)
2007 Disney annual pass (I gotta renew this!)
Budget Car Rental card
Super 8 Trip Rewards card
Delta Skymiles card
Jockey Club card
Best Buy Rewards card
Petsmart rewards card
Harry & David punch card
Social Security card (yeah - I know, I know)
National Car Rental card
Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club card
Avis Preferred card
Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor card
Van Heusen/Geoffrey Beene card
Vitamin World Savings card
Goodwill donation receipt (gotta remember to claim on taxes this year)
3 nickels
5 quarters
8 dimes
40 pennies

So, do I win the prize??? :banana:

:scared1: Rhonda, do you walk around tipped to one side?:rotfl2:

I will have to go get my wallet, it's in the car. I'm afraid to look at what is in there!

Just Beachy
08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
That's why I never shop anymore. It worked. LOL

My DH learned it long ago. He would just be miserable in the store. Cranky, nasty, mumble rude things about people walking by so they could almost hear him. (I'm sure some of them DID hear him. :eek:) He would just basically embarrass me. Now he doesn't have to go because I can't trust him to behave. See, I don't need kids - I have him. :sad2:

juligrl
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Driver's License
Credit Card
Debit Card
AAA Card
Medical Insurance Card
2 Sheetz Espresso Bar Cards (one with 3 punches the other with none)
Sheetz Coffee Card (one punch)
A picture of my girls
6 old gas reciepts - I just tossed them in the trash though.
a paper clip

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 03:00 PM
There is frightening lack of cash among us. How are we ever going to keep the underground economy going?

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I do actually have approx. $300 in my purse at the moment. Only because I do the "envelope" system so I won't over spend.

ftwildernessguy
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I do actually have approx. $300 in my purse at the moment. Only because I do the "envelope" system so I won't over spend.

Hey everybody - Ami's buying!

VACAMPER
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Ami, i thought i was the only one to use envelopes. They're my saving accouts. I have one for scrapbooking, one for fun stuff with the kids (movies, pool, roller skating, etc) one for camping trips. I divide up my baby sitting money. Then i hide them from my husband or it gets used for fishing gear.

RvUsa
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Envelope system??? I am interested if it puts $300 in my purse er mean pocket.

seabee
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
The envelope system seems to work WAAAAYYY better then the banking system!!

2goofycampers
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Frank is the one who takes forever at shopping, me I'm in and out. A good list and time management. I have an over organized problem. Is there a 12 step program for that? ;)

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Envelope system??? I am interested if it puts $300 in my purse er mean pocket.

Every pay day the bills and such get paid and then the rest gets divied up between groceries, gas, entertainment, gifts, clothes, etc, etc....and they all have their own envelopes. Whatever is left in these envelopes at the next pay day gets put in the Disney fund.:banana: My babysitting money goes straight to savings unless we have an emergency.

It takes a little effort in planning and getting the right amount out of the ATM, but it works well for me because I can see the cash and when my envelope gets thin I know to start bugeting a little more wisely. When I just swipe a debit card, somehow my money goes.....Poof!

RvUsa
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow, that might help, but after I pay the bills, it is hard to divide that last $10 bill up between all those things. (Sorry Matt, you can't eat this pay, maybe next week ) LOL

BRDof3
08-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow, that might help, but after I pay the bills, it is hard to divide that last $10 bill up between all those things. (Sorry Matt, you can't eat this pay, maybe next week ) LOL

I hear ya, John! It seems a waste to use up an entire envelope just to hold a dime.

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
at least you guys have some money left

Born 2 Fish
08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Before I was married, I used the Fish Bowl & Window Shade method.
All the bills go into a fish bowl, draw out one at a time, pay it, keep doing this til money was gone,,,,,then pull the window shades and if bill collectors knocked at the door,,,,be beawrry, beawrry quiet.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

2goofycampers
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Before I was married, I used the Fish Bowl & Window Shade method.
All the bills go into a fish bowl, draw out one at a time, pay it, keep doing this til money was gone,,,,,then pull the window shades and if bill collectors knocked at the door,,,,be beawrry, beawrry quiet.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I thought you raised goldfish or something. :lmao:

Gatordad
08-13-2008, 10:40 PM

mmmmmmm so do i.

des1954
08-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Went grocery shopping with DW last night so the $79 is history and it all fit in 2 baags! It reminded me of why we don't shop together much - it took her 35 minutes to pick out 1 birthday card, 6 frozen dinners and some yogurt - 35 minutes!

Al is not exagerating. If anything - he's probably underestimating the time he was at the store with his DW. I absolutely adore Al's DW, but I won't shop with her.

I HATE to shop. If I don't find what I'm looking for in a few minutes,,,I'm outta there. That includes clothes and shoes, too. When I find a style of pants or tops that fit me well, I buy one of every color they have. Then I'm done for the year.

Grocery shopping the same way.... I have a list, get what I need, and get out of there. I have better things to do...like spending time on the Disboard!!:thumbsup2