PDA

View Full Version : *Kristin & Skip's DFTW PJ: (12/21/09) SBP* minor updates

ClemsonGirl
08-11-2008, 12:56 AM
:lovestruc Kristin & Skip's Wedding Planning Journal :lovestruc
December 21, 2009

Hi everyone! :wave2:
I have been lurking and posting for a while now and am so excited to finally be starting my PJ!! I have quite a while to go before my wedding (Dec 09) but honestly I feel like I need that much time because I am sort of a perfectionist, especially about my wedding.

About us:

::MinnieMo I'm Kristin and am from Indiana but moved to South Carolina when I was in high school. I met my DF when we were both sixteen. We went to separate high schools but met while working at a movie theater, so I guess you would still call us HS sweethearts! :lovestruc We began dating in August 2004 and have been together ever since. :cloud9: I currently work at a travel agency and am also a student at Clemson University, but will be done with my degree before the wedding. :woohoo:

::MickeyMo My DF, Skip, is also a student at Clemson. He is in broadcasting/journalism and currently interning at CNN! We believe that this is where he will be working when he graduates next semester, so we are thinking Atlanta, GA is where we will be residing after the wedding. But this also means that we will have to go about a year living in different states (while I finish school, he starts a job). AH! Talk about stress. :sad2:

Us then (prom pic):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/Disney%20boards/prom.jpg

Us now:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/photo.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/pj3.jpg

I first began "planning" our wedding in 2006, even though I knew it would be a while before we could set the date. We always knew we would be honeymooning in WDW, but we were planning a wedding at home in SC. However, for two years, none of the plans felt "right." I was spending a lot of time on these boards and it finally hit us that a Disney Wedding would be PERFECT for us. We both love WDW and the thought of having an intimate wedding with just our closest family and friends. Plus DF saw a picture of Sea Breeze Point and was in love. :laughing:
Luckily our parents are all for it. My parents are amazingly ALMOST more obsessed with WDW than I am and we have lost count of how many times we used to go. My whole life they had always hinted about giving me a Disney Wedding and since we moved to SC we have not been very much so I guess the thought kind of left my mind until I found this board by searching for info on WDW honeymoons! :worship: My family loves all things Disney and WDW is our favorite place on earth so this wedding is pretty exciting for everyone. ;)
So here we are and everything feels "perfect" now, so YAY! :cloud9: We are having a full blown escape wedding at SBP and will be filling our 18 guest limit. We have many ideas and things that we know we want to do, I just really need to start organizing them! ;) I also want a lot of advice and feedback, and I know that this is the perfect place to get it! :grouphug:

And by the way, here is my engagement ring and us being silly modeling it. :lmao:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/Disney%20boards/e-ring2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/Disney%20boards/the-ring-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/pj1.jpg

Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes More to come soon!

AuroraBorealis
08-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Welcome!

June 2010 will be here before you know it! Time will fly. You and Skip are such a cute couple!

Beautiful ring. How did he propose?

I can't wait to read more and see what you plan!

ClemsonGirl
08-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome!

June 2010 will be here before you know it! Time will fly. You and Skip are such a cute couple!

Beautiful ring. How did he propose?

I can't wait to read more and see what you plan!

Hi! Thank you so much! :goodvibes You are right- time flies so fast, especially being so busy, that I know I need to get going on all these plans I have! It really does take me forever to make decisions. :rolleyes: Thanks so much for reading! I am going to do the proposal story next! :yay:

padisneyfour
08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
congrats and welcome.... Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. Your e ring looks beautiful!:goodvibes

ClemsonGirl
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
The Proposal: :lovestruc

It was new years eve, which is actually the day after my b-day (Dec 30). So DF planned a day trip which he had said was for my b-day. Day trips are kind of our thing. We rarely get the chance to have an actual vacation, but we LOVE to travel. We headed toward North Carolina, stopping at all the malls, etc. on the way. Shopping is seriously one of my favorite things to do along with traveling so this was SO much fun for me. :rotfl: It was funny because one of the shops we went into was a jewelry store and I was eyeing the diamond rings- dreaming :cloud9: lol. So we finally ended up in downtown Charlotte. Since it was new years eve, it was so gorgeous! The lights were beautiful and it was so cold. He took me to a really cute fancy restaurant. Looking back, he did seem really nervous during dinner. :rotfl: After dinner, we took a stroll downtown, admiring the lights. He finally stopped at a private little corner with a fountain and nervously said how much he loved me and wanted to marry me. :lovestruc Then he got down on one knee and held out the ring! :cloud9: I was so excited and trying to get out the word yes when a family came around the other side of the fountain and kind of rained on our parade. :lmao: I don't think they ever even realized we were in the middle of a proposal! :rotfl2: So we started making the long journey back toward our car, just giggling and so excited!

Next up, wedding plans! :yay:

ClemsonGirl
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
congrats and welcome.... Looking forward to hearing more of your plans. Your e ring looks beautiful!:goodvibes

Hi! Thank you! :hug: I love what you have done so far in your PJ! We are both summer 2010! Yay 2010 brides! :yay: It will be here before we know it!

padisneyfour
08-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi! Thank you! :hug: I love what you have done so far in your PJ! We are both summer 2010! Yay 2010 brides! :yay: It will be here before we know it!

Thank you.... I have enjoyed planning what I can so far.....Just waiting to call officially now....best of luck with your plans too!:goodvibes

kayleighnik
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi!

I'm so glad you finally got a PJ! You're such a cute couple! :cutie: Your ring is gorgeous! Lovely story :lovestruc

I first began "planning" our wedding in 2006, even though I knew it would be a while before we could set the date.

:laughing: Exactly like me! I'm planning ours, even though we're not even sure on the year!

Can't wait to hear your plans!

Kayleigh x

ClemsonGirl
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi!

I'm so glad you finally got a PJ! You're such a cute couple! :cutie: Your ring is gorgeous! Lovely story :lovestruc

:laughing: Exactly like me! I'm planning ours, even though we're not even sure on the year!

Can't wait to hear your plans!

Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh! Thank you so much! :goodvibes Yes I have been very impatient about planning this wedding! :laughing: But I think having had this much time will allow us to "perfect" everything. :thumbsup2 I'm so excited about writing this PJ and keeping up with yours too! :yay:

DisneyBrideToni
08-11-2008, 11:35 PM
OMG WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you started a PJ!!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ClemsonGirl
08-12-2008, 11:19 AM
OMG WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you started a PJ!!!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana:

YAY Toni!! :banana: I was hoping you would stop by! :yay: Your PJ has been a huge inspiration to me! :worship: That is SO awesome that we are birthday twins!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

ClemsonGirl
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok, so here is what we have planned so far:

Date: December 21, 2009 (*fingers crossed*) We really hope to get this date! :scared:

Ceremony: Sea Breeze Point - 12:00 pm

Reception: This is the part I REALLY need help on. We are thinking maybe a lunch reception? I have no idea where this should be though. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :hug:

Rehearsal Dinner: DF's parents would like to host one. Their favorite idea so far is to have it at the California Grill. Has anyone ever done one there before?

Photography: We have booked Randy Chapman!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :cool1:

Also, a dessert party is not out of the question. We need to play around with the budget a little though.

Wedding Colors: Aqua/Tiffany Blue & Pink. This part has been a little bit of a challenge for us. We want the blue to be the main color, but I definitely want to add elements of pink. We actually went to Lowe's yesterday and collected paint swatches to try to get an idea of what the specific names of the colors we want are. :lmao:
I know that I definitely want my bouquet to be different shades of pink with some white, and then maybe a light blue ribbon around the stems.

Other information:
~We definitely are going to do the sand ceremony :)
~We are going to have all 18 guests- therefore I am going to work very hard on making welcome bags :rotfl:
~We have not made any final decisions on resorts yet, but we are thinking either POFQ or CS with our families pre-wedding, and then ideally DF and I will switch to a deluxe resort after the wedding for our honeymoon. IDEALLY. :laughing:

Well, I guess thats enough for now, any feedback would be much appreciated! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
hey they sound great so far.... we have booked randy Too! I am so excited about that. Looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I was going to do a Tiffany theme when I was planning up here in Jersey. I saw a TON of Tiffany blue stuff. Pink will look great with it!!!

ClemsonGirl
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
hey they sound great so far.... we have booked randy Too! I am so excited about that. Looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Thank you! Congrats on getting Randy! I am SOOO excited about that too!!! :cool1: With all that I have seen and heard about him on here there is no way he can disappoint! :yay:

I was going to do a Tiffany theme when I was planning up here in Jersey. I saw a TON of Tiffany blue stuff. Pink will look great with it!!!

Don't you just love that color? When I was going to plan an at home wedding I wanted to use just the tiffany blue, with some white here and there. But now since we are having the wedding at SBP, I just feel like I HAVE to have the pink in there! I am a pink girl like you! :laughing:

DisneyBrideToni
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't you just love that color? When I was going to plan an at home wedding I wanted to use just the tiffany blue, with some white here and there. But now since we are having the wedding at SBP, I just feel like I HAVE to have the pink in there! I am a pink girl like you! :laughing:

I think the pink would look so pretty!!! I was going to buy the little favor boxes in the Tiffany color with the white ribbons and put M&M's in them. I figured if I am doing the tiffany color I HAVE to have fake tiffany boxes!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your ideas!!

IndyBride
08-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Looks like you already have a good idea on what you want!!! How long until you can call Disney??

ClemsonGirl
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I think the pink would look so pretty!!! I was going to buy the little favor boxes in the Tiffany color with the white ribbons and put M&M's in them. I figured if I am doing the tiffany color I HAVE to have fake tiffany boxes!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your ideas!!

That is a great idea!! I have always wanted to get those personalized M&M's to use! I need to gather pics on how I could put this all together. I love the idea of tiffany blue boxes! :lovestruc Maybe I could use a pink ribbon, or use a white ribbon and pink M&M's. Hm.. Thanks Toni!!! :hug:

Looks like you already have a good idea on what you want!!! How long until you can call Disney??

Hi Val! Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes Everytime we have spoke to Disney they have told us to call back at the 18 month mark. I know they can't guarantee our date at that point, but maybe we can get the ball rolling a little bit! :rolleyes: So December 11, I will be dialing that number! :laughing: In the meantime, my biggest dilemma is where to have the lunch reception... :confused:

DisneyBrideToni
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I was playing around online looking for favors for my NJ reception and I stumbled across this page that may help you.

http://www.advantagebridal.com/tiblweac.html

Also www.sophiesfavors.com is a good place for Tiffany and pink stuff.

ClemsonGirl
08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I was playing around online looking for favors for my NJ reception and I stumbled across this page that may help you.

http://www.advantagebridal.com/tiblweac.html

Also www.sophiesfavors.com is a good place for Tiffany and pink stuff.

:hug: :yay: Toni that is awesome!!! I haven't been able to find anything like those websites so far! I am DEFINITELY going to use some of that stuff for my pj!!! Thanks for the great find! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
No problem. I will keep my eye out for more!!!

lov2b@disney
08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Just caught up- great start-- I love that you went and got paint swatches--what a great idea!!!:goodvibes

ClemsonGirl
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
No problem. I will keep my eye out for more!!!

Thanks again Toni! You're the best!! :)

Just caught up- great start-- I love that you went and got paint swatches--what a great idea!!!:goodvibes

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! :goodvibes The paint swatches have actually been really helpful! I was so surprised at how many different shades I could find! I actually went to another store yesterday to find some more, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a collection of Disney paint!!!! :banana: So needless to say I took a bunch of those! :rotfl:

----------------------------------------------------

Also, I received my Precious Moments figure today!!!! I LOVE it!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/caketopper.jpg

I am really debating whether or not to use this as the cake topper. I like the mickey and minnie one that DFTW gives you, and can't wait to get it, but I don't know which one to put on the actual cake. :confused: This figure is slightly heavy, but I don't THINK it would be too heavy to put on a cake, especially since we adding a layer. :confused3

Thanks so much for reading! :hug: I have LOTS more to come! :yay:

padisneyfour
08-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I love that one.... I have debated on purchasing it..... currently I have resisted.
Congrats.... looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

ClemsonGirl
09-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Hey guys! Ok, so we have made a big change of plans over the last month and decided it would be more convenient to move our wedding date up! :cool1: So now we are planning on December '09!! :banana:

We called DFTW a few days ago and they took some of our information and said someone would get back with us. Then today we got a call from Brianna who said she will serve as our coordinator for now! :goodvibes Until we can get our date at the one year mark I am going to focus on gathering more ideas and planning.

I am so excited!!! :yay: It is kind of far away, but then again, after just taking six months off of my ticker it feels really close! :scared:

padisneyfour
09-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Hey six months closer is six months closer, congrats on the date switch! :yay: Dec will be so pretty in WDW with the decorations and all.... looking forward to hearing more....congrats and good luck with everything:goodvibes

lov2b@disney
09-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Congrats on the move up date!

maeharry
09-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Hi Kristin,
I'm just joining in a little late, but I love what you have so far. In reading your posts I've discovered we have a lot in common. My husband is from Indy originally but now we are here in SC too!! BTW, congrats on the Clemson win yesterday - (54 - 0) nice sound thrashing to SC State!! Go Tigers!!!
I think the Dec. date will be awesome! The Tiffany blue is a terrific idea, what a great color - and much easier to work with than orange and purple! :rotfl: If you decide to go with the M&M idea the website for the personalized ones is: http://www.mymms.com/customprint/ Personally, I think it's an adorable idea! Anyway, that's it for now, good luck with everything and can't wait to hear more!

ClemsonGirl
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey six months closer is six months closer, congrats on the date switch! :yay: Dec will be so pretty in WDW with the decorations and all.... looking forward to hearing more....congrats and good luck with everything:goodvibes

Congrats on the move up date!

Thanks girls! :hug:

Hi Kristin,
I'm just joining in a little late, but I love what you have so far. In reading your posts I've discovered we have a lot in common. My husband is from Indy originally but now we are here in SC too!! BTW, congrats on the Clemson win yesterday - (54 - 0) nice sound thrashing to SC State!! Go Tigers!!!
I think the Dec. date will be awesome! The Tiffany blue is a terrific idea, what a great color - and much easier to work with than orange and purple! :rotfl: If you decide to go with the M&M idea the website for the personalized ones is: http://www.mymms.com/customprint/ Personally, I think it's an adorable idea! Anyway, that's it for now, good luck with everything and can't wait to hear more!

Hey thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes That is so awesome that your hubby is from Indy and you guys live in SC!! What part of Indy is he from? I hail from Bloomington. :laughing: I was pleased with the win, but yeah orange would definitely be my least favorite color except for when its in reference to the tigers! :rotfl: Thanks so much for the website referral! I am loving the idea more and more to do the M&M's. I think about the welcome baskets almost more than I think about anything else! :lmao:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at first I was hesitant to set the date so close to Christmas, but the more I think about it the more I love it! It is definitely our favorite time of year and neither of us have ever been to WDW so close to Christmas to see all of the decorations so that will be special. It's crazy because we will be spending Christmas, my birthday (the 30th- DisbrideToni's also ;) ), and new years on our honeymoon.. but I wouldn't have it any other way now! :cloud9: So my next big task is to figure out invitations because we want to get those out right after Christmas so that we can verify who will be coming and it will also give people a chance to plan, save, book their rooms, etc. I really want to have a consistent theme that we can use for the invites, "rehearsal dinner" invites, bridal shower, announcements, etc. Last weekend I went shopping for ideas and was appalled at the prices of the ones I liked :scared1: So, currently we are considering making the invites at least. I won't be able to do that for the announcements because we will need so many, but maybe that would be do-able for the invites. I want them to be classy, with a touch of Disney, but they are also going to have to have pockets where we can put info about accommodations, rsvp, etc. So right now I am kind of :confused: about it. I have seen some REALLY awesome ideas here from what other disbride's have done so we will see. I have about three months until we are sending them out!!! :cool1:

Disneylove1228
09-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks girls! :hug:

Hey thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes That is so awesome that your hubby is from Indy and you guys live in SC!! What part of Indy is he from? I hail from Bloomington. :laughing: I was pleased with the win, but yeah orange would definitely be my least favorite color except for when its in reference to the tigers! :rotfl: Thanks so much for the website referral! I am loving the idea more and more to do the M&M's. I think about the welcome baskets almost more than I think about anything else! :lmao:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at first I was hesitant to set the date so close to Christmas, but the more I think about it the more I love it! It is definitely our favorite time of year and neither of us have ever been to WDW so close to Christmas to see all of the decorations so that will be special. It's crazy because we will be spending Christmas, my birthday (the 30th- DisbrideToni's also ;) ), and new years on our honeymoon.. but I wouldn't have it any other way now! :cloud9: So my next big task is to figure out invitations because we want to get those out right after Christmas so that we can verify who will be coming and it will also give people a chance to plan, save, book their rooms, etc. I really want to have a consistent theme that we can use for the invites, "rehearsal dinner" invites, bridal shower, announcements, etc. Last weekend I went shopping for ideas and was appalled at the prices of the ones I liked :scared1: So, currently we are considering making the invites at least. I won't be able to do that for the announcements because we will need so many, but maybe that would be do-able for the invites. I want them to be classy, with a touch of Disney, but they are also going to have to have pockets where we can put info about accommodations, rsvp, etc. So right now I am kind of :confused: about it. I have seen some REALLY awesome ideas here from what other disbride's have done so we will see. I have about three months until we are sending them out!!! :cool1:

OH!!! A Christmas wedding at Disneeeeeeeey! :) How exciting!!! :rotfl:

I love it!!! I love your precious moment piece... it's sooo dang cute!

YAY for moving the date up! My birthday is on the 28th of December... How does it feel to have your birthday inbetween two really busy holidays?! lol... I still don't think I'm used to it.

Love your planning, so glad you're getting it all done early! It's so nice to see everything! You'll feel so relieved when the day finally comes :)

maeharry
09-25-2008, 04:19 PM
My hubby is from Lafayette (Boilermaker country) & went to Purdue, so the colors around here are Gold and Black, which is fine with me, because Iím a New Orleans Saints fan. (One of the reasons I married him was I liked his colorsÖ :rotfl: ) I think doing the invites yourselves is a great idea, and I also think itís a neat idea to go with a theme. One idea that I did see another disbride do (and she did an awesome job with it), was set up a web page. There are lots of free ones out there. Like www.freewebs.com That way, you donít have to go to the trouble of doing all the pockets in the invites, you can just give them the web address and have all the pertinent information in there. It may save a few bucks on postage too. Iím trying to find the post I found because she did an awesome job with it, but Iím not having much luck, Iíll keep searching. Just a thought. I really like the basket idea, and can see why youíre into it, I do them all the time for gifts. My sister did them for her wedding and boy did it save a lot of confusion for everyone, everything was all laid out in the itinerary w/directions, etc and she had a lot of good little treats in there too. I think itís a great surprise for guests when they check-in to their rooms!

bridetobe789
09-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Just catching up on your pj!! How exciting a wedding in december!! The castle is going to be gorgeous with all the decorations!! Your e-ring is very pretty I love the cut! Can't wait to hear more and see some pics!! Have you tried on dresses at all yet? That was one of the first things I just HAD to do!

29apr00
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah a Disney Christmas Wedding!! can't wait!

saratogadreamin09
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, december 2009, that's even farther away then mine!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your engagement!!!! You two make such a cute couple!!!!!!111

DisneyBrideToni
09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
I just caught up. Congrats on moving up the date!!! How exciting! Now you aren't far off at all. :goodvibes

Emilita44
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Just catching up on your pj! Everything sounds great so far!

In regards to the reception, I feel like there's a lot to choose from.

Cali Grill is a great option. (It's my fav restaurant)

Living Seas has a private room and so does Jiko.

Ohana is the best for families. The family style food is soo good and its a fun atmosphere! BUT I think they are just open for dinner.

Just a few, but i know theres a ton more. Ask your coordinator I feel like she'll know everything!!

I love that another SC bride is on here!! Good luck with all the planning!

ClemsonGirl
10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
OH!!! A Christmas wedding at Disneeeeeeeey! :) How exciting!!! :rotfl:

I love it!!! I love your precious moment piece... it's sooo dang cute!

YAY for moving the date up! My birthday is on the 28th of December... How does it feel to have your birthday inbetween two really busy holidays?! lol... I still don't think I'm used to it.

Love your planning, so glad you're getting it all done early! It's so nice to see everything! You'll feel so relieved when the day finally comes :)

Hi thank you so much for reading! I am so still not used to the late December birthday either! It is always so overlooked. :rotfl: It will be really crazy to spend Christmas, my b-day and new years on the honeymoon! :laughing:
I am enjoying the planning and this time before, but you are so right- I will be SO relieved when the day finally comes! ;)

My hubby is from Lafayette (Boilermaker country) & went to Purdue, so the colors around here are Gold and Black, which is fine with me, because Iím a New Orleans Saints fan. (One of the reasons I married him was I liked his colorsÖ :rotfl: ) I think doing the invites yourselves is a great idea, and I also think itís a neat idea to go with a theme. One idea that I did see another disbride do (and she did an awesome job with it), was set up a web page. There are lots of free ones out there. Like www.freewebs.com That way, you donít have to go to the trouble of doing all the pockets in the invites, you can just give them the web address and have all the pertinent information in there. It may save a few bucks on postage too. Iím trying to find the post I found because she did an awesome job with it, but Iím not having much luck, Iíll keep searching. Just a thought. I really like the basket idea, and can see why youíre into it, I do them all the time for gifts. My sister did them for her wedding and boy did it save a lot of confusion for everyone, everything was all laid out in the itinerary w/directions, etc and she had a lot of good little treats in there too. I think itís a great surprise for guests when they check-in to their rooms!

My cousins live in Lafayette! But pretty much my entire family went to IU! :lmao: That's a great idea about the website! I am definitely planning on doing one. That's so good to hear that the baskets really helped out your sister's wedding! I really do think they will limit any confusion. I can't wait to assemble them! :rotfl:

Just catching up on your pj!! How exciting a wedding in december!! The castle is going to be gorgeous with all the decorations!! Your e-ring is very pretty I love the cut! Can't wait to hear more and see some pics!! Have you tried on dresses at all yet? That was one of the first things I just HAD to do!

Hi! Thank you so much for reading!! I love the idea of a december wedding now! I am so excited to see all the decorations as I have never been to Disney so close to Christmas!! :cool1: I am looking to start trying on dresses very soon! I want to give plenty of time for ordering, alterations, etc. I think it is going to be very difficult for me though because I love so many different styles. :rotfl:

Yeah a Disney Christmas Wedding!! can't wait!

Thanks!! I have so much planning to do! :rotfl:

Wow, december 2009, that's even farther away then mine!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your engagement!!!! You two make such a cute couple!!!!!!111

Thank you!!! Yeah we've got a little over a year, but since we're both finishing school we really need that much time! :laughing:

I just caught up. Congrats on moving up the date!!! How exciting! Now you aren't far off at all. :goodvibes

Thanks Toni!! Yeah, judging by how fast these last few years have gone I feel like it will be here before I know it! :)

Just catching up on your pj! Everything sounds great so far!

In regards to the reception, I feel like there's a lot to choose from.

Cali Grill is a great option. (It's my fav restaurant)

Living Seas has a private room and so does Jiko.

Ohana is the best for families. The family style food is soo good and its a fun atmosphere! BUT I think they are just open for dinner.

Just a few, but i know theres a ton more. Ask your coordinator I feel like she'll know everything!!

I love that another SC bride is on here!! Good luck with all the planning!

Woo hoo another SC bride!! There's a few of us on here! Thanks so much for the reception ideas! I am still very clueless about that. My mom and I have been brainstorming ideas for that but it is so hard! There are too many great restaurants in Disney! :rotfl:

ClemsonGirl
10-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Ok, well I haven't been getting as much done as I would like (school, ugh :rolleyes1 ), but I have chosen my MOH and we have been narrowing down our resort choices and coming up with a possible itinerary!

Maid of Honor: Because of the 18 max guest count of an escape wedding, we are having a family members only wedding. Because there will only be about 18 guests we decided to just have a MOH and BM. My MOH will be Emily, who is DF's niece (only two years younger than me though) and she also became my roommate this year!! :)

Best Man: My brother Chris, who DF is really good friends with, will be the best man. We thought it would be kind of neat to have someone from each of our families. :)

Resorts: This part has been kind of tough because unfortunately I have come to realize just how dang expensive everything is during the holiday season at Disney!! :scared: Hotel rates go through the roof at that time of year! I kept quoting prices for our dates in 2009 on Disney's site and it was scary :laughing: We spoke with our coordinator last Friday about doing a room block. We decided that would probably not be best for us, but she told us that the hotels book up fast during the holiday season so we don't want to wait too long to at least hold something!

Pre-Wedding: After talking it over with my parents this weekend, Caribbean Beach is our choice for pre-wedding resort. We will be staying with our families the 19th to 21st.

Wedding Night: For the wedding night I really want to stay somewhere special, then switch over to another resort for our honeymoon. We will be staying at the AKL!! :woohoo:

Honeymoon: For the honeymoon we have chosen POFQ. DF really wants to stay here and much to my dismay, there is no way we could afford a deluxe resort for 10 days during the peak holiday season! :lmao:

More to come soon!!! :cool1:

padisneyfour
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
congrats on choosing your MOH and best man, looling forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

bridetobe789
10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
We are only having a moh and bm and his best man and gm since we aren't doing a big wedding as well.. I definitely feel you on the lack of planning with school!! I can't wait for december to be done with this mess!

disneygal922
10-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Congratulations! I just finished getting caught up on your PJ. That's great that you got to move your date up! :goodvibes I love Tiffany blue. It is so beautiful! The Contemporary Resort is really nice! I've never stayed at the GF so don't have much to comment on that other than it looks absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to read more of your plans!

figmentfan814
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I haven't gotten a chance to read through everything yet, but I had to jump on for a couple of reasons- I am a MI native, but we lived in Lafayette for a while and we go there all the time to visit some family and friends in the area. My maid of honor just graduated from Purdue last year too. I went to school for mass communication and have worked at Michigan Government Television (like C-SPAN) so my career is along the same path as your DF. We had Randy for our wedding too and he was amazing, you won't be disappointed! Christmas is such a beautiful time of year at Disney, what a great way to celebrate the holidays!

MegKate
10-12-2008, 01:19 AM
First off - I love your colors!! :lovestruc I'm in awe of anyone who can get their fiance to agree to pink! Mine threatened a strike of the wedding if there was pink, and the worst part was my dad backed him up!:scared1: lol.

And how awesome to be down in Disney (especially for your wedding) at Christmas time. You must get two buttons when you're there - the just married one and the birthday one. I always get to Disney at my birthday (May 16) and it's always special. But it's going to be super special for you then. :goodvibes

Anyodd, I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :surfweb:

maeharry
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Where's our ClemsonGirl? :confused3 I know whre she is, she's with the whole crew (myself included), waiting for Christina and Geancarlo's wj/tr! :rotfl: ...and probably trying to get some studying in, or...possibly mourning the loss of Tommy Bowden (giggle-giggle). Any new plans made? Don't keep us waiting, now that Christina is all done I have found you to live vicariously through during your planning stages. :cool1:

JJClemson
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi! Congrats on the wedding planning! We have a lot in common. I am a fellow SBP bride, a Clemson alum, and I now live in Atl. Good luck w/ your planning. A Disney wedding at Christmas sounds perfect :cloud9:

ClemsonGirl
10-18-2008, 04:28 PM
congrats on choosing your MOH and best man, looling forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Thanks!! I have lots more to come! :)

We are only having a moh and bm and his best man and gm since we aren't doing a big wedding as well.. I definitely feel you on the lack of planning with school!! I can't wait for december to be done with this mess!

Oh I know- december is much awaited!! :rotfl: Not only will we be able to get a date, but hopefully once this semester is over I will be able to have more time for wedding planning!! School just gets in the way! ;)

Congratulations! I just finished getting caught up on your PJ. That's great that you got to move your date up! :goodvibes I love Tiffany blue. It is so beautiful! The Contemporary Resort is really nice! I've never stayed at the GF so don't have much to comment on that other than it looks absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to read more of your plans!

Thanks so much for joining in!! :goodvibes I've never stayed at the GF either, but it looks like we will be choosing the Contemporary after all due to price reasons so I'm so glad to hear you recommend it! I am loving looking at tiffany blue things. It is now competing with pink as my favorite color! :rotfl:

I haven't gotten a chance to read through everything yet, but I had to jump on for a couple of reasons- I am a MI native, but we lived in Lafayette for a while and we go there all the time to visit some family and friends in the area. My maid of honor just graduated from Purdue last year too. I went to school for mass communication and have worked at Michigan Government Television (like C-SPAN) so my career is along the same path as your DF. We had Randy for our wedding too and he was amazing, you won't be disappointed! Christmas is such a beautiful time of year at Disney, what a great way to celebrate the holidays!

Woo hoo another Indy girl!! :cool1: That is SO cool that you were a communication major like DF! He absolutely loves the television industry! I am SO excited about having Randy!! Your pictures are just gorgeous! If we get photos half as good as yours I will be happy! We have never been to Disney at Christmas! I don't know if I'll be able to handle all the excitement in December '09!! :lmao:

First off - I love your colors!! :lovestruc I'm in awe of anyone who can get their fiance to agree to pink! Mine threatened a strike of the wedding if there was pink, and the worst part was my dad backed him up!:scared1: lol.

And how awesome to be down in Disney (especially for your wedding) at Christmas time. You must get two buttons when you're there - the just married one and the birthday one. I always get to Disney at my birthday (May 16) and it's always special. But it's going to be super special for you then. :goodvibes

Anyodd, I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans! :surfweb:

Hi Meg! That is so hilarious that your fiance and dad refused to see pink!! I just HAD to have it in there because of the flowers! And I'm thinking of making DF wear a pink boutonniere!! :rotfl: That is so cool that you get to be in Disney for your b-day! Yeah I think this will be the most special birthday I'll ever have- not only will I be in Disney, but I'll be on my honeymoon!! :woohoo:

Where's our ClemsonGirl? :confused3 I know whre she is, she's with the whole crew (myself included), waiting for Christina and Geancarlo's wj/tr! :rotfl: ...and probably trying to get some studying in, or...possibly mourning the loss of Tommy Bowden (giggle-giggle). Any new plans made? Don't keep us waiting, now that Christina is all done I have found you to live vicariously through during your planning stages. :cool1:

Hey my fellow SC girl! HA HA You knew exactly where I was! I was too busy worrying about seeing those dang teaser pics to think about my own planning! :rotfl2: I've also definitely been getting the studying in and WAS looking forward to today's game without Bowden, but after today I really don't think anything is going to save us! :rotfl:
I have LOTS more plans to come!! If I could get half as organized as Christina was I would be doing amazing! :lmao: Stay tuned!! :goodvibes

Hi! Congrats on the wedding planning! We have a lot in common. I am a fellow SBP bride, a Clemson alum, and I now live in Atl. Good luck w/ your planning. A Disney wedding at Christmas sounds perfect :cloud9:

Hey! It's so nice to see a fellow SBP/Clemson bride!! :yay: I love Clemson but I am ready to be an alum as well! :laughing: I see you live in Marietta- that's where a lot of DF's family lives- we go there all the time and will most likely be living there ourselves one day soon! Thanks so much for reading!

ClemsonGirl
10-18-2008, 10:40 PM
THE HONEYMOON IS BOOKED!!!!!!!!!
DF booked our honeymoon this week!!! :cloud9: I'm so excited that we have official reservations. :cool1: He spoke to a really nice guy at Disney reservations for a long time. He kept congratulating us and was really helpful! He said it was a good thing we were booking early because we would be there on Christmas and they only have a limited number of rooms with king beds. He also said he would try to get us a corner room with a water view!! :banana:

Soooo, we are booked for POFQ Dec. 22-Jan.2 :lovestruc

We haven't booked the wedding night yet, but we are leaning towards the Contemporary right now.

"Planning Session"

So I had kind of been wanting to do a "planning session" of my own since escape brides do not get one from Disney. :rolleyes: We will be going down to Florida to visit my grandparents over Christmas break in a couple of months, so we have planned to take a day to go to Orlando!!! It is about two hours away from my grandparents house so we have decided to go on December 30 (my bday! :) ) and just get up really early, drive to Orlando, and then come back later that night. The purpose of this trip will be to gather some things for the wedding as well as to just be in Disney :lovestruc because we haven't been in over 3 years! Plus at this point we will have our date booked! My goal is to come up with an itinerary at some point over the next couple months so that we can get all we want to get done in one day. I want us to do a little resort hopping because DF has never seen most of them, and I especially want to show him POFQ! I also want to go to the boardwalk and maybe even catch a glimpse of SBP. Neither of us have ever really seen it. I'm thinking we would spend the rest of our day at DTD. I want to look for items for the welcome basket and pick up park maps. It will also be really important for us to look at the restaurants we are thinking of for the dinner reception. Right now we are thinking seriously about Wolfgang Puck or Portobello Yacht Club. And of course I want to squeeze in a meal or two at the awesome Disney restaurants! DF has promised me a bday dinner at any resort or at DTD. :cloud9: I'm so excited about this trip!!! Even though it is only one day and we are not going to see any of the parks- just being in Disney and seeing the resorts and DTD is enough to excite me for a long time!! :laughing:

Also, I am upset because while shopping this evening I found the shoes that I wanted to wear for the wedding but they were out of my size!! :eek: And you can't order them!! :confused3 They were exactly what I was looking for and were perfect! Argh!!! :rotfl:

Well, I'll stop for now. Thanks for reading and stay tuned!!! :yay:

LuluLovesDisney
10-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow, everything sounds awesome so far!!!

Christmas time is PERFECT in WDW!

Just a question-- are they able to move your res. just in case you don't get your first choice date? I was thinking of booking for mine (Nov. 09) but my coordinator said I won't get my date until 3 weeks from now.

I've heard great things about the Portobello Yacht Club. Are you wanting a DTD restaurant for your wedding dinner??

padisneyfour
10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Congrats on getting your HM booked! WOO HOO! Disney will be beautiful during the holidays!!! What an awesome time to have a wedding/HM!:goodvibes

ClemsonGirl
10-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow, everything sounds awesome so far!!!

Christmas time is PERFECT in WDW!

Just a question-- are they able to move your res. just in case you don't get your first choice date? I was thinking of booking for mine (Nov. 09) but my coordinator said I won't get my date until 3 weeks from now.

I've heard great things about the Portobello Yacht Club. Are you wanting a DTD restaurant for your wedding dinner??

Hey thanks for reading!! :goodvibes Yes they can move your reservation dates no problem! We made sure of that too since we can't get our date for a couple of months. Our coordinator actually suggested that we go ahead and make reservations to at least hold something since we are going at such a busy time of the year! We were told when we booked that we can change or cancel reservations up to like 5 days before! November will be awesome in Disney!! I have gone during Thanksgiving week several times and loved it! But I have never been in December so that will be exciting! :cool1:
I am pretty sure that our wedding dinner will be at somewhere in DTD! I have also heard good things about PYC but have never been there myself. I am hoping to check it out when I go to DTD this December!

Congrats on getting your HM booked! WOO HOO! Disney will be beautiful during the holidays!!! What an awesome time to have a wedding/HM!:goodvibes

Thanks Tammy! :) I am so excited to just SEE Disney during the holidays so having my wedding there at the same time will just be surreal!! :lovestruc

bridetobe789
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Congrats on booking the honeymoon! Disney is soo pretty at christmas! We will be down there in two months from today yay... to do our ps and we love that we are able to do it at christmas time! Where did you find the shoes?

ClemsonGirl
11-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Congrats on booking the honeymoon! Disney is soo pretty at christmas! We will be down there in two months from today yay... to do our ps and we love that we are able to do it at christmas time! Where did you find the shoes?

Thanks! :goodvibes That is so exciting that you get to do your ps at christmas time!!! :cool1: I am SO excited to be there next year! I found the shoes at a store we have here called Swoozie's. It is a really cute store that has a lot of cute wedding stuff! The shoes were exactly what I was looking for- they were white flip-flop like shoes that were a really good material and had a diamond-looking gem on each one. They were simple, yet elegant, EXACTLY what I wanted. And cheap too! Only 20 bucks! I am SO mad they were out of my size! :mad: I am going to go back soon though and see if they magically got some more in! :rotfl:

ClemsonGirl
11-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey guys! Well we have made it to November, which means we can book next month! :banana: I'm so excited! :rotfl: I have a few minor updates. I have been working mostly on getting rooms booked, invitations, itineraries, and organizing ideas (since I keep finding more and more :laughing:).

Wedding Night Booked!!!

After much debating we have finally booked our wedding night! I really wanted this night to be special and stay at a different resort. Also I wanted to make a distinction between our wedding and honeymoon so that after our post-wedding breakfast we could go check into POFQ and officially begin our honeymoon! :cool1: I really wanted us to stay at a deluxe for the wedding night but they are SOOOO expensive during the holiday season so close to Christmas! :eek: So we finally agreed on the AKL! We have booked a pool view and put in a request for a queen/king bed! They noted that it is our wedding night and said that given that fact we will most likely get one! For some reason that is really important to me. Having an extra bed is such a pet peeve for me. :rotfl: It would be nice if we got upgraded to a savannah view. :rolleyes1 But DF says given that it is the busiest time of the year we definitely should not get our hopes up. :rolleyes: I want my pixie dust!! :lmao:

Also, today my mom booked their room!! :yay: She booked Caribbean Beach. I will be staying with my parents and brothers at CB the two days before the wedding. DF will be staying with his mother and step-father before the wedding and they are supposed to be booking CB as well! I am feeling really excited as things are starting to be put in motion and they are going exactly like I want them! :woohoo: :laughing: Now we just have to cross our fingers that we will get our date next month! :scared:

We have been talking a lot this weekend about what to do for our invitations. I really want to make our own because I think it would be fun and original and also way cheaper. My dad is really good at that stuff so I talked to him this weekend about possibilities. So he is going to work on it and we will hopefully be sending them out right after Christmas. We know that our guests are really going to need time to save and plan, especially since we are getting married right before Christmas. :santa:

I am also trying to get all of the details of our ceremony lined out. I am hoping to gather more pictures and ideas of exactly what I want. Organization is key for me right now! :laughing: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

padisneyfour
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
you are getting there.... I am excited for you to be able to book next month I will keep my fingers crossed! Its great your dad is going to work with the invites with you and congrats about booking the AKL, never stayed there but it looks awesome! :goodvibes

ClemsonGirl
11-04-2008, 05:48 PM
you are getting there.... I am excited for you to be able to book next month I will keep my fingers crossed! Its great your dad is going to work with the invites with you and congrats about booking the AKL, never stayed there but it looks awesome! :goodvibes

Hey thanks! :goodvibes I SO hope we get our date!! :scared: I was really excited when my dad seemed to want to take on the project of the invitations! Now if only we can find the time to get started on them... :rotfl:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I got some disney wedding stuff today!!! :cool1: We have a HUGE disney merchandise distribution center not too far from us and they have an outlet store there. We hardly ever get to go because they have such odd hours, but we got to go today and I found wedding stuff!!!! :woohoo:

I bought a mickey and minnie snow globe and a cute "bride minnie" picture frame!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/globe.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/globe2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/globe3.jpg

And with our precious moments figure which we got a few months back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/globe4.jpg

And also I recently received a surprise gift from DF which he found online!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/KDepp/blue.jpg

I have also been working on a big wedding binder to organize all of my contracts, pictures, information, etc. Getting organized has been a bit of a challenge. ;) I have also been thinking a lot about the music for the ceremony. I really wanted to use an original song for the ceremony but it sounds like it would be difficult to not use the violinist. I really don't want one of my guests to have to hold a boombox. :sad2: So I'm really at a loss for music. It's hard to imagine how everything would sound in person! :confused:

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes More to come!!

padisneyfour
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I love your snowglobe- I really wanted to use snowglobes (I have 5 disney ones) but was so afraid they would break ! The glasses look so pretty -what is the design on them? Good luck with your binder, I have one and it really does help organize things. I am so impressed that your dad wants to help with the invites - that is wonderful and will make that time so special! Enjoy!:goodvibes

I have been thinking about music too, there a couple songs that I def want to include in the day but haven't really decided on anything yet.Our DDs will be our bridesmaids and they will walk in together so I told them they could decide on a song together to use. we 'll have to wait and see how that goes....:rotfl:

ClemsonGirl
11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I love your snowglobe- I really wanted to use snowglobes (I have 5 disney ones) but was so afraid they would break ! The glasses look so pretty -what is the design on them? Good luck with your binder, I have one and it really does help organize things. I am so impressed that your dad wants to help with the invites - that is wonderful and will make that time so special! Enjoy!:goodvibes

I have been thinking about music too, there a couple songs that I def want to include in the day but haven't really decided on anything yet.Our DDs will be our bridesmaids and they will walk in together so I told them they could decide on a song together to use. we 'll have to wait and see how that goes....:rotfl:

The glasses have two little mickey heads on them plus some sort of design. They are really contemporary and DF and I love that style! :lovestruc I am still working on getting that binder together. :rotfl: But my dad and I have been coming up with ideas for the invitations. I am really anxious to get started on them! :yay: I am like you, I have a couple of songs that I really want to use but I'm not sure how to do it. :sad2: Music is really important to me! :snooty: :rotfl:

maeharry
12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey there Kristin! We haven't heard from you in a while, just checking in to see how things are going. Also wanted to send a big CONGRATULATIONS out on your win over the Gamecocks! What a great game! I love Dabo, I hope they keep him around. Go Tigers! Let us know what's new! Hope all is well and plans are coming along smoothly for you.
Ashley.

lpizzuro123
12-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to join in here. We had our DFTW this past November and I think I am on wedding overload and have not been on as much as I was before the wedding so I missed your journal.

A Christmas wedding at Disney has to be the best. And going down this December for your own planning session is a great idea.

We had our room block at The Boardwalk, POFQ and All Star Movies. Of the 50 guests attending our wedding at least 42 of them stayed at POFQ and it was definately the best decission we made to include this resort. Our wedding was on a Monday and by the Thursday before our guests starting arriving and most stayed until at least the Wednesday after the wedding. The POFQ put all our guests in the same building on the first floor right next to the pool (building #2). This was great as everyone was together, we had lots of informal meets and everyone just loved hanging out at the pool and in the Food Court during off hours.

The Saturday before the wedding we had an informal meet and greet at the Scat Cat Club - which is right off the lobby of the POFQ. There is a guy that performs there Thursday to Saturday nights (Elliot Dyson) and we just love hanging out there listening to him play jazz and perform. Our guests really enjoyed this also. It was a wonderful place to get together.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

bridetobe789
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Your almost at your year mark!! Any new updates?