PDA

View Full Version : Kendra And Shane's DCL 9/11/08! Fairytale disaster :'(

Risnsun
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
So, I finally decided to start my PJ. Well, to start, I guess I will tell you a little about us. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/ShaneandI.jpg

I found the love of my life while going through my divorce, last august. Shane and I worked together and would talk every once in awhile but never thought anything of it. On his last day at work, he was going into management at another store, He gave me his phone number and we ended up going on a date. On that first date, I knew instantly I had found the love of my life. My one and only true love. I thought this was something I had experienced before, however I was wrong. By the end of our date, he knew he was also head over heels in love with me. Two weeks later we moved in together. I have a three year old, who thinks the world of him and he has a 14 and 18 year old (started at an early age). He treats my daughter like his own. And she even calls him Dad.

In February, we got on the topic of marriage and decided to start planning a wedding for september. We decided there was no need to wait. We knew that we were both with the right person. So, we thought about what we could do. He has a really big family, and my family is spread out all over the country. So, since he had 400 people at his first wedding, we decided a small and I mean very small wedding was the way to go. We came to the conclusion that working backwards was much better. The honeymoon was decided upon first. We figured neither one of us has been on a cruise so we started there and then ended up on planning a DCL wedding. However, since our families live all over, we decided on a wedding for just the two of us. So the kids will be at home.

We decided on a 4 nights on land 3 nights at sea adventure. Might as well have the honeymoon first since we have done everything backwards. Afterall, he just proposed two months ago!

Risnsun
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Since I have only had about six months to actually get things planned, I have made a lot of things on my own. For instance, since we are not having any family, I made announcements instead. I found some invitations on sale for 1.99 a pack, came across a mickey and minnie stamp and embossed all of my announcements.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/invitation-1-1.jpg (Sorry for the crooked picture, my daughter kept bumping me.)

I also had some mickey mouse head stickers made with our names on them to seal the invitations. At the time, I also purchased the disney stamps not knowing that the price was going up. But hey, it works.

padisneyfour
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
congrats and welcome.... I like your announcements. looking forward to hearing more...:goodvibes

Risnsun
08-06-2008, 08:59 PM
So shortly after, planning our trip, I started trying to find help out there and finally came across the DIS. And I am so greatful for all the ideas and help I have received from out there. One of the things, I am really excited about is meeting my fellow DISers on the cruise. We even made a fish extender and are participating in the FE exchange. So, I had to get crafty, I went to the store, thinking it would cost me more to make then to buy, and I found everything on clearance! I just keeping finding these great bargains. I found the mickey mouse fabric on clearance at walmart and that inspired me.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0003.jpg

Risnsun
08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you! I am super excited...Less then a month before we leave.

Risnsun
08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, I started out with my shoes as far as what I was going to wear. I came across these shoes at walmart and decided they needed to be doctored up. (I am a klutz so no heels for me)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/shoesbefore.jpg

I found some cording and a flower at the craft store...and VOILA!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/shoesafter.jpg

Risnsun
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
For my headpiece, I decided to go with a tiara. I found this one on ebay and I absolutely love it. And it only cost me 10.00 brand new. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/tiara.jpg

I just don't know how to wear my hair with it. I am not sure if I should wear it half up. All down. I just can't make up my mind.

padisneyfour
08-08-2008, 08:50 PM
your shoes and tiara are very pretty....:goodvibes

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank you so much. It was so hard to decide on the tiara.

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
If anyone has any hair or makeup suggestions that would be great. I am not sure what kind of color to wear for eyeshadow. I wish I knew for sure if they were going to have a make up artist on our cruise. Here is a picture of my dress. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/backofdress.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0003-1.jpg

Really hard to take a picture of yourself. This was the best I could do. Oh and the dress halter has been moved up so not as much bosom is showing.

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I also thought you might like to see our rings as well, my wrap finally came in.

This is the engagement ring
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/engagementring.jpg

This is the wrap http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/myring.jpg

Here is Shane's ring. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/shanesring.jpg

JoJo1980
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi there! I love everything so far, all your craft projects are so cute and the additions to your shoes are great!! I know what you mean about heels, I bought a lovely pair, but recently decided against them and have got some comfy flipflops instead :thumbsup2 Your tiara is really pretty :cutie: I love your dress, I think the halter neckline looks so flattering :worship:

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks, it was even lower then that and I had to clip it in the back to take the picture. But I did have it pulled up a little more because I did not want to offend any families on the cruise in case they saw me in the hall. So I moved it up just a little more.

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Did you decorate your flipflops?

kayleighnik
08-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I love all the details so far! Your dress is gorgeous, as is your ring! I love it! :goodvibes

JoJo1980
08-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Did you decorate your flipflops?

Its really nice of you to think be thinking of other people on your wedding day. I'm glad you are happy in your dress & that you dont feel like you'll be offending anyone, im sure no-one would think that anyway as the dress is beautiful. No, I didnt decorate my flipflops, I'm not very good at crafty things :rolleyes: :laughing:

Mama of Indybride
08-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Love your shoes, they are super duper cute, and your tiara is striking!

And your wedding is so close! We don't have to wait forever to see how it all turns out!

We all got Pixie Dusted with your PJ!!

Good Luck!

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM
JOJO1980, Thank you so much for your kind words, are your flip flops white? Or colored.

Mama of indybride you gave me goosebumps. I keep forgetting how close it is. Soon enough I will have a completed report with lots of pictures for everyone.

Goldeelox9
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
YAY! Another DCL Bride! I can not wait to hear ALL about your wedding. I love your tiara! Your dress is so pretty too. Are you getting married on the ship or on the island?

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I will be getting married on the ship on secret deck 7. I am waiting for cathy to send me my approval for my plans. I will let you know what I find out. I am still waiting to see if I might have a possible upgrade. I am gty category 12 and I keep waiting to see if anything changes. Looking for a little pixie dust!!! :rolleyes1

Goldeelox9
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
What bouquet did you pick? Are you doing the pictures? Did you pick a cake? I can not wait to hear all about it.

PixyDusted
08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Another DCL bride! Fantastic! Ditto what Lisa asked about the cake, photography and bouquet!

Great dress! Looks fantastic on you!

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the dress everyone! Would you believe I had that made on ebay for 89.00?? I could not believe it and it is better then I ever thought. Here are some more detailed pictures.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0854.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/detailsofdress.jpg

Risnsun
08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
As for my bouquet, I decided to go with the traditional red rose bouquet. I wanted something simple. My cake is going to be chocolate with strawberry mousse. And we are getting the least expensive picture package. It is just the two of us, and I really wanted the cd,(since the family is not coming) but that is SO expensive. I don't know why they feel the need to charge that much!!! I prebought a photopass cd for disney and I intend to get pictures snapped as much as possible. I really wish the cruise had something for shutters that was affordable like the photopass.

Goldeelox9
08-10-2008, 09:31 AM
When you get on the Ship talk to your wedding cordinator...I am going to do this....and see if you can JUST buy the CD. I have heard of other brides doing it and getting the CD with no prints for $450!!!! Then if you do get it tell me all about how it went so I know exactally what to say! LOL

JoJo1980
08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
JOJO1980, Thank you so much for your kind words, are your flip flops white? Or colored.

Mama of indybride you gave me goosebumps. I keep forgetting how close it is. Soon enough I will have a completed report with lots of pictures for everyone.

The base of them is a sandy / cork colour and the straps are silver with a sequin flower on the front, they are so comfy :cloud9: I think your red rose bouquet which look lovely with your dress. I cant believe you got it off ebay, what a great purchase!! The detail and style are so pretty :love:

keenercam
08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Kendra -- Everything you have chosen so far is just beautiful! You did a great job on the announcements. LOVE the embossed Mickey & Minnie. The tiara is going to be striking with your gown and your ring. :love: My friend Patty (pjstevens here) is doing a VR on the Wonder sailing right before your sail date. She'll be getting off the ship when you are getttin on. :) You should check out her PJ too. She is a sweetheart and I'm sure you two would have fun planning notes. The DCL brides here are such darlings and everyone is so helpful!

ETA: Can't believe I forgot to say that your dress is stunning! :faint: I can't believe you had that made so inexpensively. The detailing is gorgeous! Has Shane seen it yet?

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
~~~JoJo1980-thank you for the beautiful thought on the roses. I had a really hard time trying to figure out what I wanted but I figured the simpler the better. your flipflops sound very beautiful. COMFORT IS KEY!!!

~~~keenercam- It's funny what you said about PJstevens. We have been chatting outside of the DIS. Wouldn't it be funny if we ran into eachother as she was deboarding??? Unfortunately that will probably be first thing in the morning and we won't be getting there until probably around eleven. As for the dress, he has not seen it yet. That is the one thing I have kept a secret. His daughter and mother have seen it though and my mother has seen pictures of mine. I can't wait until he gets to see it. I want to keep it a surprise as long as i possibly can.

~~~Goldeelox9- Do you know if you get to pick the 75 pictures that go on the cd or is that something they pick for you? What night are you doing palo? I am so sad that we will might miss Toy Story the musical. Not a hundred percent sure yet though. I will let you know what I find out though in regards to the photographers... We both know how to sell, so maybe we can be persuasive enough to get what we want.

Goldeelox9
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
~~~Goldeelox9- Do you know if you get to pick the 75 pictures that go on the cd or is that something they pick for you? What night are you doing palo? I am so sad that we will might miss Toy Story the musical. Not a hundred percent sure yet though. I will let you know what I find out though in regards to the photographers... We both know how to sell, so maybe we can be persuasive enough to get what we want.

If you get the CD you get ALL of the pictures they take. We are doing Palo for the brunch during our day at sea. I didn't want to miss any of the dinners since all of our family and friends will be there to be with us. I also didn't want to miss any of the shows!

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
You must be taking a seven day cruise? We are only taking a three day. Technically, we are having the ceremony on the 12th but we decided to celebrate on 9/11 when we will "officially be married" in honor of our first date and my parents and sister got married on the eleventh of december/august. Family tradition!!!

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 07:56 PM
we had a really hard time figuring out what Shane was going to wear but we finally got ahold of a red mickey mouse vest! And that is how I ended up with my dress. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/tux.jpg

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Now for the rest of my ensemble, This is the necklace/earings/earcuff I will be wearing. Well, I have not fully decided on the necklace or not. I really love it and I love the fact I got it at goodwill brand new and it looks like it has hidden mickeys. The thing I like the best is that it covers my cancer scar, however, I am not sure if I like it with the dress together. I am sure it will be a decision I will make at the last minute. I also don't want to take away from the dress. Plus I am proud to be a survivor so I need to show that off too!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/necklace.jpg This is a detailed close up. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/hiddenmickeysinnecklace.jpg Here is my watch http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/watch.jpg and garter http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/garter.jpg

Now I just need something blue....maybe a blue hidden mickey of sorts...any ideas?

Goldeelox9
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
We are taking the 4 night cruise. We have a day in the bahamas, a day at castaway Cay (wedding Day) and a day at sea!

poohbear111
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Congrats & good luck on your special day. It sounds like everything is coming out so well & your dress is beautiful halter is a very nice style on you.

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much...I just wish someone could take a WHOLE picture for me. I will just have to wait until the wedding day!

Risnsun
08-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I can't wait to get the dress back from having it altered!!! I will be happy to know it is in my hands again where i can control what happens to it!!!

Risnsun
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
YAY for pixie dust!!! I was upgraded from a cat 12 to a cat 10!

Goldeelox9
08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
YAY! Did hey email you and let you know? Maybe I will get upgraded from Cat. 7 to the Walt Disney Suite....LOL

lpizzuro123
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Great planning journal. I just love your dress. I was originally looking for a dress with claret in it but decided on all white. I just love the color red and I am sure your flowers will look great with the dress.

Where did you get your DF's vest. My DF is wearing a Mickey vest with a white on white design but I just love the red. And your necklace and earings are just great. I am wearing a tiara but I might get something like yours for my girls to wear like a headband. They will all be wearing claret.

The cruise sounds so nice. Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

pjstevens
08-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Yea Kendra, So glad you are doing a PJ. I love seeing all the pics. Everything is going to be beautiful! It would be awesome if we ran into you, but you are coming from Disney (correct?) so you probably wouldn't be there that early. We'll be heading to Pop after we get off the cruise (via a car, not the bus). Can't wait to see more. And yes, as Lisa mentioned talk to the manager at Shutters to see if you can get just the cd.

Risnsun
08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Got my packet today!! Our ceremony is at 5:30pm on sept 12th. I have a hair appointment for three however, I have to change my Palo ressies because they are for 6 cuz we thought the wedding was at 430pm. Hopefully that part will go smoothly!!! Our civil ceremony is at 3pm on 9/11 in some secret location....

I am so excited! I finally have proof from Disney that i am having a WEDDING!

padisneyfour
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Congrats- you are getting so close! BTW I love your " mickey" jewelry and garter!:goodvibes

Risnsun
08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Goldeelox9 ~~~They did not notify me of the upgrade. I just checked my DC ressies to see if I had a stateroom yet and noticed that i was finally assigned to a number.

lpizzuro123~~~Thank you so much, I had a hard time deciding between burgundy or red and finally chose the burgundy and I am glad I went with that color instead. As for the vest, I bought it off a seller on ebay. They no longer make them anymore, unfortunately. The tiara came directly from hong kong. I bought it on ebay for 10 dollars and I think shipping was under 10.00.

Pjstevens~~~We are coming from Disney, however we are doing the Ohana breakfast in the morning, so we will not be getting to the ship until probably 1100 or 1200. I am not a hundred percent sure.

padisneyfour~~~Thanks for the support. Now I just need to figure out something blue. I was thinking doing a blue hidden mickey but I don't know where yet.

So, I will have my hair appointment at three. And they want to meet with me for ideas on embarkation. Which makes me happy but I was concerned on how that would go. I did find out though that they charge by the length of your hair. They consider chin length there normal style/cut so, if you are getting your hair done on the ship and it is long like mine, prepare for an expensive updo.

DAKLNiddy
08-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Kendra! I just found your PJ! My whole family and I are going on this cruise! So maybe we'll see a bride walking around! :)

Risnsun
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Cool Beans!

Risnsun
08-16-2008, 01:03 AM
DAKLNiddy~ Are you participating in the FE exchange? We have a cruise meets board and you are welcome to join!

So, as for recent adventures, I HATE UPS. They can NEVER find my house!!! They did not delive my vacation documents to me! ERRGGH now I have to wait till monday. *Sigh*

However, they were able to change my Palo ressies to 630 for me and they are going to see about adding some red to my wedding cake for me. Three more weeks till I leave!!!!!!!!

DAKLNiddy
08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Not to sound stupid.....but what is the FE exchnage?

My mom is a dis-er too.....wonder if she knows....

Risnsun
08-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Its a fish extender. On the outside of the cabin doors there is a fish where you can hook a mailbox and people from the dis put notes and little gifts in. Check out the cruisee meets board for us. They have a really good explanation there.

Goldeelox9
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2366/2461369295_47e37febc2.jpg

Here is a picture of mine....I bought it on Ebay!

We are each doing a gift for our cruisers one night of our cruise! I have a great Maryland themed Gift for all my fellow Cruisers!

Risnsun
08-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Mine is posted on the first page of my PJ. I have never been on a disney cruise before, but I have read about the fish exchange. So I made my own.,

Risnsun
08-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Got my tickets today!!! I also found out that the pastry chef will do red roses, or a red border for me, or both! I just have to pick. I am thinking since I am having red roses as my floral that I will just have red roses. What do you think?

Risnsun
08-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I have my dress back!!! Now all the pieces are coming together. Now I have to worry about all the little things...

keenercam
08-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Yay for tickets & the dress. That's all you really need, besides the groom and a marriage license, right? ;)

Risnsun
08-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Marriage license is signed and waiting for me at port!!! So...I just need to get my groom...... :rolleyes1

Goldeelox9
08-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Ekkk! You are sooo close!

29apr00
08-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Wow i missed a lot!!

Congrats and welcome!! I've seen you around but hadn't found your PJ.

I love your dress, and the announcements are too cute! I love the stamp, where did you get it??

Glad they are able to add red to the cake for you! Everything sounds beautiful!!

Risnsun
08-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you! I bought my stamp at AC Moore. I even got it on sale! Then I embossed all of them with red glitter. Now that was time consuming!!!

Risnsun
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
So, I got my haircut today, first time I have had it this short in a long time. And these are the pictures since my dress has been altered. Also does the necklace look okay? Cuz I really want it to cover up my scar. But I don't want it to be too much.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/dress1-1.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/dress2.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/dress3.jpg

Risnsun
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
OMG I am so excited I leave in 9 DAYS!!! I hope I don't forget anything.

pjstevens
08-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Kendra,

for some reason i wasn't getting update alerts, so I"ve missed a lot! WOW your dress looks great, fits you beautifully. Can't even see your scar with that necklace, good choice. Can't wait to see everything when you get back. It's so close now!

Risnsun
08-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Best of luck with your vow renewal pj!!! I hope everything goes well for you and I can't wait to see your pictures when you get back!!

Risnsun
09-04-2008, 10:34 PM
We will be beginning our trip tomorrow night! We get on the plane on saturday, and on the ship on thursday!!!!!! I can't wait!!! :banana: :banana:

Goldeelox9
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
EKK...You are so close! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Risnsun
09-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Thank you goldeelox9! I will definately give you a report! Just keep your fingers crossed that ike keeps moving away from florida and the bahamas!

29apr00
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Can't wait to hear all about it Kendra!! Pixie dust for great weather for you too!!

Have a magical trip!!

pjstevens
09-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Kendra,

We also leave tomorrow. Flying out of Philadelphia in the am. Hope you have safe travels and a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. Looking forward to all your photos and report!

keenercam
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Kendra -- Have a fabulous trip and a wonderful wedding! :bride: princess:

Risnsun
09-06-2008, 05:39 AM
~pjstevens Best of luck to you as well. It looks like Ike is out of our way and that we will both have beautiful weather for our ceremonies.

Thankyou to everyone for the best wishes! We are flying out later today. So far a good start to our vacation.

Risnsun
09-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Okay, we are back!!! It was better then I ever dreamed a wedding on a cruise ship could be.

Keira1387
09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Can we see some teaser pictures?!

pjstevens
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Congratulations Kendra! I can't wait to hear all about your wedding. How about some pics? We want to see.

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Here is my favorite picture...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/09-17-2008090559AM.jpg

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Here is my favorite picture...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/09-17-2008090559AM.jpg

Kendra, I LOVE this pic. Who was your photographer?

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
In all honesty. I can't remember his name. It began with an A and he was from the phillipines. He has done photography for awhile but has only been with disney since feb. Now Ashley was one of Rufaro's assistants and HE TOOK FABULOUS pictures using our camera!!! He needs to be in photography instead!!!! Our table mates, they worked for disney epcot, and they stalked us...and took pictures and video from two decks above. I can't wait to get those pictures!!!

29apr00
09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Beatuiful picture!! Congratulations! Welcome back and we can't wait to hear all about your trip!

DAKLNiddy
09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
That picture is beautiful!

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
In all honesty. I can't remember his name. It began with an A and he was from the phillipines. He has done photography for awhile but has only been with disney since feb. Now Ashley was one of Rufaro's assistants and HE TOOK FABULOUS pictures using our camera!!! He needs to be in photography instead!!!! Our table mates, they worked for disney epcot, and they stalked us...and took pictures and video from two decks above. I can't wait to get those pictures!!!

Kendra that's great you'll have all these other pics!!! We want to see more (do you see, if I 'stalk' you, I don't have to work on my TR), lol.

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't know how to change the title of my thread if you can help me out with that, it would be great....

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 08:30 PM
So, The adventure begins on Friday Sept 5th. We take my dog, and daughter to my exhusbands house and head down to stay the night in a hotel in portland. Had a really great stay and met someone from florida while at the pool. Saturday Sept 6th, we go to the airport and leave for Florida. This is when our vacation went a little sour. We get a ticket for long term parking go to park our van and their is NO PARKING!!!! Very very stressful. So we exit the lot and ended up finding another lot to go too. We get to check in at the desk and we have four bags for Jet Blue. As the lady is tagging them, she says, "ok, and you do know there is a fee for the second bag right?" I looked at her and I said "thats funny because I bought my tickets in February and they said we were grandfathered in" She never said another word to me other then "have a nice day" We then go up to security and have loads of fun, declothing and unpacking all our bags so they can be checked. We get on the plane and we both take a big sigh and I get overwhelmed with excitement because I can watch TV. I had NO idea about the tv thing. Two hours prior I spent 20 dollars on movies to bring with us. Anyway, I decide I want to pay 5.00 to see Don't Mess With The Zohan. So I pay for it and Shane says that he is going to take a nap. When Ding :idea: he realized we have a splitter for the headphones and both of us are able to listen to the movie!!! Just before the movie starts playing the captain comes on and says that he is going to reroute the plane so we miss Hannah. So our flight ended up being a little longer then anticipated. So the flight ended up being alright, however before we get off the plane we asked, how to get to the Disney Magical Express. The flight attendant informed us that we just follow the mickey hands everywhere. We look at eachother and we are like SWEET! We get off the plane. There are NO mickey hands to be found. Looking everywhere. Everyone else is looking for the same thing we are. So, we just decide to go off on our own and find it. We head downstairs, and I am about to ask the information desk when I see this lady holding a really small sign about the Disney Magical Express. We get there and we see this HUGE line. We are then pointed to a very empty line for Port Orleans Resort. The bus had just left. So we sighed ....But magically two seconds later we were on a bus and on our way!!!!

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know how to change the title of my thread if you can help me out with that, it would be great....

Kendra, go to your first post on this thread. Click the edit button on the bottom of that post. When that opens, click "go advanced' button on the bottom of the post area, this will open another area, which is where your title is and you can edit your title, just make sure you save it.

pjstevens
09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Yea Kendra for starting your TR!!!! Can't wait to see pics. When Disney first started the Magical Express there was someone standing in the giant area (you get to when you get off the monorail type things) with those mickey hands, waving and directing you. Now, no can do!!!! You have to either 'find the info in the back of you booklet, which is packed somewhere' or find someone who knows where they are going.

Can't wait to read more (and see some pics!!!)

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 09:11 PM
We finally arrived at our resort http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/portorleans2.jpg

Boy, was that an adventure at the front desk! The girl we checked in with did not speak english very well. She had no idea, about our land/sea package and since we added on a day she told us we would have to check out in the morning and then check back in. We were very confused and she could not answer ANY questions so she told us we needed to go to the cruise desk pick up the phone and get them to answer our questions for us. However, I stood and waited at the phone for TEN minutes and NO ONE Answered!!! So, off we went to our room.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/portorleans.jpg http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/front.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/room.jpg

Risnsun
09-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks Patty!!!!

Risnsun
09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
This is where our disney nightmare begins. We go to the room, and I remember that I forgot to write down everyone's stateroom numbers down for the Fish Exchange. So, Shane pays 10.00 for 24 hours of internet service. It takes him awhile to get it loaded, and after I get what I need, we decide to head to DTD. We figured, Lets take the Ferry over. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0031-1.jpg So we are off to stand in line at the ferry. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0036-1.jpg Several boats come by, but they are only going to Riverside. I think we waited forty five minutes. So I just start taking random pictures. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0037-1.jpg. Finally, we get on the ferry. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0039-1.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0040-1.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0042-1.jpg.
I then get yelled at because I didn't realize there was no Flash photography allowed and I could not get my camera to work properly. I then, get off the boat and we start walking through DTD. I keep getting run over by people left and right. It was SO PACKED it was not even funny. I will never do that again on a Saturday Night! So, we decide, after a couple hours of wandering around to take the bus back to the resort. We get back to the resort and Shane goes to take a shower, and there is no soap. He gets on the phone and calls Guest relations and at 1am they brought us a HUGE back of soap. Kudos to them for bringing the soap. However, a little late in the night. We finally konk out and at 700am there is a knock on the door. "Housekeeping with your soap". They brought us another HUGE bag of soap. Now I am starting to think that they are going WAY above and beyond. So, we get up and Shane goes to use the internet and it is not working. Well, this just sends his blood pressure to a high rise. So, he decides he is going to get dressed and go see Guest Relations. Afterall, we can't leave the room until Garden Grocer comes with our delivery. He goes to iron his shorts, that he bought just the day before, and something adhered to his shorts from the iron. Now he is pissed!!! In the meantime I find a cochroach in the bathroom!!!!! It was just a huge ugly scene. So he heads off to Guest Relations...

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
OH NO Kendra!!!! I do NOT do bugs well, so I can only imagine! I hope things look up real soon. And why no flash photography? Was this on the boat, did it 'interfer' with the driver? just wondering as I had not heard that before.

Risnsun
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I guess the photography interfered with the driver...I felt bad but I really thought the flash was off because that was the setting it was on.

Risnsun
09-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Shane gets to the counter and we both speak our peace about all of the frustrating events that have happened to us, including checking in with Disney. The young man appologized and he was nice enough to give us a credit off our room. So finally something to make things go right. However, it was still a bad taste in our mouths. Anyway, we left there and went to epcot. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/epcot.jpg

Epcot was a pretty good day, however we had the worst frozen margheritas of our lives. But I met a very happy stingray!!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stingray.jpg

September 8th, we got up and went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Now this was one of the worst days we ever had. We get to the park at 8am because we thought it was EMH because that was what the internet said. As well as the pamphlet from the hotel. However they changed their hours and they were not going to be open until nine. So we got to sit outside the park with a bunch of other people who had the same issue. A bunch of people complained but there was nothing they could do. Well, when we finally get in, and we go to get a fastpass to TOT and then go to RockNRollercoaster. Which was awesome!!! So we basically walk onto the ROcknrollercoaser and go to the TOT immediately after and we realized there was no need for a fastpass. We get up to the elevator and just before we get on, they realize there is a problem with the elevator. It broke down. So we waited awhile until we could get on another one. A little bummer but we didn't let it get us down too much. We get off the ride and go to have a photopass picture taken and her camera broke. *sigh* another bummer. Well, by this time we are a little hungry and we go to try a turkey leg. When we get to the stand and place our order. Poof...pixiedust: I was asked if I wanted a free turkey leg. He said all I had to do was gobble like a turkey. So I gobbled and I got a free turkey leg. So, now I am happy as can be, something good finally was happening. Then the day went down hill. We go over to the backlot tour, and the first part of the tour had a malfunction so they sent us to get on the bus part. We get on the bus and it doesn't move. We just sit there for about twenty minutes and they said the bus had broke down and that we had to deboard and get onto another bus. Well, we had reservations at the prime time diner so we go over to dinner instead. We got seated about forty five minutes after our reservations. Then after lunch we went over to get on the great movie ride. We are happily going along when the wicked witch comes out in munchkin land and puts a curse on us. :wizard: and the ride broke. We were stuck on the bus for twenty minutes until they could evacuate everyone from behind us, and then let us follow. :eek: So after the third ride breaking down and the bad morning, we gave up and headed back to the hotel.:sad2:

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Kendra,

I am so sorry you are NOT having much luck with your WDW part of your pre-honeymoon! I certainly hope the cruise and wedding goes MUCH better than this! (hey, but YEA for free turkey leg!)

Goldeelox9
09-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Kendra....Love the teaser pic! I can not wait to hear more!

Risnsun
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Patty, It was definately an adventure....I promise a happy ending.

Goldeelox9~ I will definately have some tips for you once the story ends. Good tips....and more good pictures to come.

Risnsun
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
So after the hotel visit to get changed for our Hoop Dee Doo Ressies, we get on the bus for Magic Kingdom. We end up going there for a couple of hours. We walked in and made a hat for my daughter, and I will tell you the best thing they have going is having everything delivered to the resort for you!!! No carrying things all over the park. It is the best service. Anyway, we ride a couple of rides because there are NO waits anywhere and we get on the ferry for Fort Wilderness. We have ressies for 930pm. It was a truly magical ferry ride because we got to see wishes as we rode the ferry over to fort wilderness. Once we get there, We check in and get a photo taken. Which we ended up buying. So, we go to get our seats and we are wearing our "just married" buttons just because this is our honeymoon even though we aren't married yet. The gentleman that goes to seat us says "Congrats, however, I have bad news for you, your unlucky table number 13!" I swear all the blood drained out of my face because he continued to tell me it was the worst table in the place. He walks us all over and then takes us to the front row and smack dab in the middle. Then he looks at me and says "you have the best seats in the WHOLE house" Yay!!! :goodvibes FINALLY! Something goes right. It was awesome. We had the best time at the show. They joked and laughed with us all night. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/DSC_0570.jpg

They also removed our "just married" buttons and turned them into "almost married" buttons. ;)

Tuesday Sept 9th, we go to the magic kingdom. What a truly magical and wonderful day. We start off riding space mountain and it is a five minute wait. The scary thing is, there is no one in front of you and no one behind you when you are heading up to the ride that you feel you are in the wrong place! After, we got off the ride we headed to Toon Town. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/toontown.jpg
We are walking along and I see the Barnstormer ride http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/barnstormer.jpg
and I told Shane I really wanted to go on the ride. He kept saying "Absolutely not. That is so ridiculous. We are not going!" I told him how much I loved him :love: and then WON my way! We get on the ride, http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/barnstormer1.jpghave a great time and when we get off the ride,http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/barnstormer2.jpg POOF pixiedust: We were the lucky winners of The year of a million dreams!!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/fast1.jpgWe WON FASTPASSES!!!!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/fast.jpg (only bummer is it was so quiet no need to use them) However I have a REALLY cool FASTPASS to put in my scrapbook!!!! We had the best time at Magic Kingdom. However we left early to go to the pool, have dinner and then go back for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!

pjstevens
09-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Yea Kendra!!!! Finally some pixie dust!!!! :banana:

thatdisneygirl
09-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh, I'm so envious of those fastpasses, even if you didn't have to use them. Whenever we saw people walking around with those we were so jealous! They were probably worth the attention factor alone.

Risnsun
09-22-2008, 07:51 AM
It truly was a VERY exciting moment and we wore them with PRIDE!!!

Disneylove1228
09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Ohhh I am so sorry to hear about all your misfortunes during your stay!!! UGH!!! At least the park wasn't PACKED with people... That to me always stinks. I hate it. I always try to go during the months that are slower.. better deals, too!! =]

I'm sorry, I'm just joining this bandwagon LOL.. when did you guys go ?? Early September?? I think I just saw that!

Love your pics!!!!! ;)

Goldeelox9
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
YAY...Fastpasses. I have never won anything and have ben twice since the promotion has started. Maybe the Honeymoon will be the lucky time. Even the worst day at Disney is a good day. It sounds like your days were pretty good. Did they really make you check out and then back in at Port Orleans?

Risnsun
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Disneylove1228~ We went from 9-6 to 9/11 at WDW and 9/11-9/14 on the cruise ship.

Goldeelox9~ Technically that morning the manager had to check us in and check us out however he let us keep the same room. It was very frustrating to say the least.

29apr00
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah for finally getting some Pixie Dust! ! What a horrible start to your trip!! Hopefully the cruise was just magical! can't wait to hear all about it!

Risnsun
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party was a BLAST!!!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/mickeys.jpg

If you ever and I mean EVER want to go or have the chance DO IT! I had the time of my life. You even get opportunities with LOTS of different characters that you normally do not get to see. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/mickeys1.jpg It was also amazing to be a bride, and even though I could not afford Cinderella's carriage,http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/mickeys3.jpg I at least got a picture next to it!!! :lovestruc http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/mickeys2.jpgThe Fireworks were the best show I have ever seen.http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/mickeys4.jpg

DisneyDmbNut
09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
yea!! I just found your TR!!

thatdisneygirl
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
The Halloween party looks like so much fun! I had no idea the carriage lit up...

Risnsun
09-23-2008, 12:05 PM
It is breathtaking all lit up. I wish I had the flash off when they took our picture. I will have to check my photopass pictures once the cd comes for one lit up. I would love to ride around in that all lit up at night!!!

Risnsun
09-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Wednesday Sept 10, Animal Kingdom day... I think I went with too high of hopes to the Animal Kingdom. We go in and it was a pretty nice day, however when you get inside Animal Kingdom, HOLY HANNAH it is hot!!! The sweat starts to poor off of you. So, we go in and get a fast pass to the safari and Shane and I head over to the rapids. I felt that the rapids were a little weak and my WHOLE right side got soaked. Then I go over and ride the roller coaster (by myself also, do single line and you don't have to wait in line), as I get off, I want to look at my picture and they wouldn't let me, they were pushing us all aside. Then Shane says, "did you get your year of a million dreams fast pass?" They were handing them out for Animal Kingdom and someone pushed me out of the way so, I missed out on that, but hey, I already won one for the Magic Kingdom, can't be too greedy ya know? So, then we go on the safari, and they kept pointing out bushes. All, I saw was bushes other then I think two giraffes and two elephants, and a sleeping lion. So, we decided that Animal Kingdom was not our thing and we head off to get the bus. We go back to the hotel and decide we want to pay the 89.00 to go to Blizzard Beach. So, we wait an hour for a bus (the longest we have waited yet) and as soon as we get to blizzard beach, run our tickets through the machine and look to see how much towel rental is, BOOM, thunder struck and the rain poured and then the lightning started. Then they closed the park. We were there FIVE MINUTES and now I am stuck with a ticket to a park which I may NEVER get to use!!! ARRRGGGH...So, we take our soaking wet selves back on the bus and head back and decide that the day is not ours so we do laundry and get stuff packed because we are getting ready for our cruise. Well, while I did some of the laundry Shane made Reservations over at riverside for dinner since we had a carriage ride planned for later that night. We get ready to go, the sky is clear, and we catch the ferry over to riverside. We eat dinner, a really great meal. And we walk outside and BOOM thunder and lightning and the rain poors down. We had to cancel our carriage ride. So, we head off to DTD instead to do some shopping and wait for our big cruise day to come.

29apr00
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah, what is it about AK that makes it hotter than all the other parks? It's INSANELY hot in there!

Man, you sure aren't getting any pixie dust are you?!? Bad rides, bad guests, bad CM's and unforunatley, crappy weather! I sure hope it starts to get better!

Risnsun
09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
9/11/08 Our TRUE WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO BE!!!

Well, we packed all our luggage and left it in the room and took off for the Polynesian. (make sure that if you have breakfast elsewhere that you make arrangements with that hotel to take the Cruise bus from that hotel). I just had to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch before I got married. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stitch.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stitch3.jpg And there is nothing better then getting a surprise visit from Mickey too!! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stitch1.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stitch2.jpg I really had to have the Mickey Waffles that everyone RAVES about. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/stitch4.jpg I must say I had the best Mickey Waffles here at the Poly though. They were crunchy and to die for. And all you could eat! This was the best breakfast ever, and would DEFINATELY do this one again!

Goldeelox9
09-24-2008, 09:30 PM
more more keep it coming.........:rotfl2:

Risnsun
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Sorry for not updating for awhile, my three year old had tonsilitis, strep and an ear infection all on my birthday. And then, I had to go through radiation. So, sorry for no recent updates.

Anyway, we left for the cruise ship, http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/boat.jpgWe had a really nice ride down from the Polynesian to the Wonder. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/boat2.jpg There were not too many people on the bus ride. Which made it really relaxing.

Once we were on the ship we went to have lunch up at topsiders, and once we were done, we went to put our things in our room and go to meet our fellow DISers in the promenade lounge. It was awesome to make some new friends. After that, we had to meet Rufaro, and have our civil ceremony. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/civil.jpg I was not expecting a full blown out ceremony with flowers and full drawn out vows. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/civil1.jpg So, when it came time to saying our vows I fell apart during the "in sickness and health" line. It felt like I held everything up for ten minutes crying but I know it was only less then a minute. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/civil2.jpg

It was really beautiful and I LOVE how Walt Disney was my witness!!! :) http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/civil3.jpg

DisneyDmbNut
10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
kendra..i forget if I asked you this already...how was Rufaro?? Did you tell her I said "hi!"?

29apr00
10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Beautiful!!:lovestruc

Risnsun
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
DisneyDmbNut~ Rufaro was AMAZING!!! I did tell her you said hi!!! She laughed, I told her we were making her famous and she said she is going to have to write a book. (jokingly) I asked her about all her bridezillas, and we laughed for quite awhile. She is the most amazing woman I have ever met!!! I was so blessed to have her. She made EVERYTHING perfect!!!

DisneyDmbNut
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
she was amazing..I love her!!

Risnsun
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
After the ceremony, we met with our wedding coordinator Rufaro, (she was also at the ceremony) but we sat down and talked about the plans and if there was anything that we needed. And, if there was anything that we should give her a call. Well after that, Shane and I went down to the room, We had a beautiful bowl of fruit, found all kinds of notes about credits that we didn't know we had and then, I grabbed, my tiara out of my luggage and headed up to the spa to meet with my hair stylist. Shane and I were going to meet up for the Sail away party. Well, while I was meeting with Geraldine (fabulous hairstylist from Australia), Shane was checking out the room. While he was there he noticed we had an adjoining room. Then he heard it!! :confused: He heard the SCREAMS from an infant. :headache: Now we both have kids, however we left our kids behind so we could relax and be in peace and quiet. Meanwhile, Geraldine, asked me about what I was going to do for my makeup and I told her I had NO clue, and was hoping there was a makeup artist on board. She informed me there was not. :confused3 So I sighed, and then she said she would be more then happy to help me out!!! :thumbsup2 This made me fill up with the good warm and fuzzies. She just asked to bring my makeup (which I don't carry much) she also said that she was going to bring her as well. So off to the Sail Away party with the good news! :goodvibes

29apr00
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh no!! I hope the baby didn't keep you up!!

Risnsun
10-16-2008, 04:41 PM
So, I head up to the Sail away party http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/port5.jpg and realize, I can't find Shane because I could not remember if I left him at the front or the aft of the ship!!! I spent the WHOLE party looking for him running back and forth!!! ARGGGHH.. It looked like a lot of fun though! I did finally find him with a drink in hand...

Well, we go back to the room after I find him and there are three kids pounding on the adjoining door and an infant crying. We had enough, we called Rufaro to see if we could move, and she got us another room. However, I wasn't paying any attention as to where I was on the ship, and she upgraded us from our inside room to an outside room!!!! We got a porthole!

This is what we woke up to the day of our wedding
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/port.jpg

Then another ship docked next to us. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/port4.jpg

Risnsun
10-17-2008, 05:23 AM
So, on the day of our wedding, we got up and spent an hour in Nassau. We went to the straw market so I could buy my daughter something, just like my parents bought me on their honeymoon and just like my sister did on her honeymoon. (I think it is a family tradition now). We didn't spend too much time in Nassau because we did not want to wander too far since I had hair appointments at three and I was so afraid of getting lost. So we spent time checking out the ship and exploring on our own. We did have lunch at Triton's together since we were going to miss out because we were doing palo instead.

Well, I might as well, get to the good stuff. Geraldine did my hair and makeup for me. I was very happy to have her help. She didn't even charge me for the makeup, so I tipped her very well, to thank her.

I got dressed, and waited for Rufaro to come and get me and bring me to the wedding. As we are going up the elevator, I realized I forgot to tell her that we wrote our own vows, Poof the elevator opened and one of her coworkers Ashley joined us. The elevator closed and she told me that he was coming to take pictures for Shane and I, as well as our photographer. (Ashley took AWESOME pictures for us on our camera). Then rufaro told me to wait with Ashley while she informed the captain about our vows. She came back and then brought me to the door of the secret aft of deck 7. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/port2.jpg I could not believe they decorated the stairs too! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/port3.jpg

Once we were there, I took a deep breath and she opened the door for us. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/Wedding1.jpg I know I had some disney music playing but I was awe struck to see my groom.http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/Wedding2.jpg

And my groom was happy to see me.http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/wedding3.jpg

I think Captain Henry was even happy for both of us! http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/wedding5.jpg

keenercam
10-17-2008, 05:59 AM
Kendra -- You looked beautiful! So happy you got the pixiedust with the new cabin. Can't wait to hear more!

29apr00
10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
YOu look beautiful! How cute they decorated the stairs!

pjstevens
10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Yea, Kendra, you look so beautiful! Can't wait to read more and see more photos! An extra YEA!!!!! For an upgrade!!!

Risnsun
11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
We then shared our vows, http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/vows.jpg and then we kissed http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/vows1.jpg

Now, for those DCL brides out there if you have someone in your party that wouldn't mind being two levels above, you can have some awesome pictures from a different perspective. Our table mates from the night before were walking by and remembered where we were getting married and took some pictures for us. We had NO idea until dinner on the last night. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky2.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky4.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/Risnsun1979/sky5.jpg

Mama of Indybride
11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
:woohoo: Congrats on outside view pixie dust!

That is awesome to have all of those unexpected shots of your ceremony! :cool1:

Risnsun
11-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Thank you it was a great surprise! I forgot to mention that our tablemates, actually worked for Disney World and it was their last day before moving back to Scotland! So it was really sweet. They also took a video from above and we are waiting for a copy in the mail. It is really cool to know that we have a video that we will actually be able to show our family!

29apr00
11-05-2008, 10:14 AM
wow great shots from above!!

pjstevens
11-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Kendra, love all the pics. Your cermony looks beautiful and what a surprise to have found out your friends took those photos. They are great!

keenercam
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Kendra -- You and Shane looked like you only had eyes for each other, so in love! :lovestruc What beautiful pictures! And it was so thoughtful of your friends to take those pictures for you! Waiting eagerly for more!

WishingMom
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Great TR Kendra, I'd love to see any of the photos the DCL photographer took.

DCLbrideSept2009
11-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Great TR! Awesome photos!! I'm loving it!! We are getting married on The Wonder 9/20/09 4-night sailing!

Risnsun
11-12-2008, 04:36 PM
~DCLbrideSept2009 Thats awesome about getting married on the Wonder! I highly recommend it. I had the time of my life.

~WishingMom Other then the pictures from above the pictures on my page are taken either by Ashley (assistant to Rufaro) on my camera or by the DCL Photographer. I do have more pictures to add still. I should be able to put more up this weekend when I have a chance.

~keenercam Thank you so much. We were blessed to have wonderful tablemates.

~pjstevens I really appreciate all the support you have given me

~29apr00 I loved having a different perspective!!

DisneyDmbNut
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
AH!! I wish I had thought to have someone go to BBB and take pictures!! That is awesome!

DCLbrideSept2009
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Kendra,

I just got through reading your TR... AGAIN! We are also planning on leaving all of our kids at home (mine will be ages 15 and 10, his 7 and 9, as of September) but they don't know.... YET.... how did your kids feel about you going without them? Since this is going to be our wedding AND honeymoon, we just didn't want to bring the kiddos along, AND couldn't really afford it! That's one reason why we're not really inviting ANYONE... didn't want to explain to the kids that other people were coming along but they couldn't... we're just gonna tell them that this is what people do for second weddings... they just do it by themselves... ;)

LittleStinkerbelle
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I just read your TR. Your wedding was beautiful! I especially love the picutures that your tablemates took from the upper deck.:goodvibes

Risnsun
05-26-2009, 10:45 PM
My fairytale wedding ended in a fairytale disaster. My husband left me for a girl he met at his job after being there just two weeks. I wish everyone else the best of luck with their fairytale adventures. Out of the two marriages, I have been in, It was the most beautiful wedding. So unfortunately I will not be posting anymore pictures from my wedding. However, if anyone has any questions about getting married on the DCL. I would be more than happy to answer them.

Goldeelox9
05-26-2009, 11:01 PM
WHAT! OMG I am sososo SOrry! If you need to talk I am here!

MegKate
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
:scared1:That's horrible - I'm uber sorry! :sad2:

Malefi_Stitch
05-27-2009, 12:58 AM
I just found your PJ and TR. I am SO sorry what you have been through. I couldn't believe what I read once I got to the end.

We all wish you the best of luck :grouphug:

WishingMom
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Oh Kendra, I'm so sorry to hear...I hope things will work out for the best...

bonzie1
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Kendra, I am so sorry. What pain after such happiness. Now that he's gone, take care of your self, your resources, etc. Hold your head high and know that you are special. Unfortunately, he has real problems which did not surface until now.

Your wedding was filled with your love, every detail of it :cloud9: I pray you will continue to reach out and tackle what like has for you with the same excitement you used to plan your event.

:hug:

29apr00
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
OH Kendra! I'm so sorry! What a big jerk he turned out to be!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

LittleStinkerbelle
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
I am so very sorry for what you're going thorugh:sad1:. Take care of yourself:grouphug:.

DisneyDmbNut
05-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Kendra! I am so very sorry!! What is going on with these men lately!!

disneygirlsx3
05-31-2009, 03:43 PM
What!! Has he gone insane? I wish you the best and I'm so sorry for the pain that you are in.

Lots of Love
Jennifer

Kimmers127
05-31-2009, 05:44 PM
That's so horrible... I'm so sorry it turned out this way for you!

pink_tink8i8
05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm so sorry :grouphug: we're all here for you

Bride-to-be
05-31-2009, 09:01 PM
I am sorry.