PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever have plastic surgery?

g8trmom1
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Nowadays it seems everyone is going under the knife to look better. I know neighbors that get botoxed, tummy tucks, **** jobs, etc. Sometimes it is necessary, other times it just plain vain. What do you think? What would you change if you could?

terri01p
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I had surgery back in 2004 and I still have trouble from it, I just don't do surgeries well so I personal wouldn't have anything done unless I was force for life purposes.

Plus I don't give a flip what others think of me...ya I'm growing old but big deal, I'll never be young and pretty again, big deal...I have been married almost 28 years and my dh had grown old and ugly too so hehe.

As long as I don't stop a line of people in their tracks to stare I'm fine, just tonight my grown dd came over and said "mom your beautiful" and truthfully that's all that counts to me ( course she was wanting a free meal...haha ).

des1954
08-06-2008, 05:20 AM
I am what I am, and I'm comfortable with that. I don't mind the wrinkles and the sagging skin that comes with age. It's all part of the aging process and no amount of surgery can change the fact that we all age. I had my "day in the sun" when I was younger. Now it's time to pass the torch to the next generation. Besides, no amount of surgery can make you a beautiful person on the inside - and that's what truly counts.

I'd rather take the money and stay at FtW, go on a cruise, or travel the country! That's more enjoyable than surgery!:thumbsup2

lucy_love
08-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Yes, because of weight loss, after I have kids (which is a while away).

big kahuna1
08-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Only to get rid of any scars or fix a nose etc. but never any face lifts.

Have you ever seen Sir Nancy, Captain Kirk, Joan Rivers?:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Plastic surgery like that is not a pretty site. I have no clue what these people were thinking. I wonder if they asked for refunds.:confused:

McRed
08-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Only if I were ever in a serious accident....then I would request Rog's nose.

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
The way I see it is that no one is ever 100% satisfied with their appearance. I think if you really need it, like after an accident, illness, or something than that's a different matter. But if you do it purely for vanity..... I feel like if you have plastic surgery once, you'll have it again and again and get way too obsessed with something that really doesn't matter. I mean there are a million things I'd like to change about me if only I had a magic wand! After 3 kids, a tummy tuck would be nice (my friend had one and now she wears a bikini :sad1: ). Maybe lipo :lmao: New B**bs? A reduction would be lovely!

It is a personal choice, and I would never be judgemental of somebody else's choice, but despite all my "issues", I've had enough necessary surgeries to know that elective surgery is just not for me.:sick:

Escape Artist
08-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Oh, if I were stupidly rich, sign me up! I'm amazed what a mushy mess my bod has turned into over the last 20 years.

But in my real life, there's no way any of those things would be a high enough priority to make the top of my financial to-do list.

Sue in Texas
...elective surgery or vacation...what a silly question!

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 08:05 AM
A friend of mine from High School keeps having stuff done. ****s, arms, thighs, tummy tuck, lipo, etc. I know she is addicted. I guarantee next will be the face. My sister had a reduction years ago.

bigdisneydaddy
08-06-2008, 08:14 AM
I voted no, I wouldnt want to mess with perfection.

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 08:22 AM
If my wife ever had that sort of thing done, I'd plaster her picture all over the internet, for all to see.

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 08:36 AM
A friend of mine from High School keeps having stuff done. B**bs, arms, thighs, tummy tuck, lipo, etc. I know she is addicted. I guarantee next will be the face. My sister had a reduction years ago.

She sounds like a regular Barbie doll!:laughing:

I have a couple friends who've had reductions. Is your sis happy with hers? One other thing I wonder about is scar tissue? I mean, if you have all this done, wouldn't you have unsightly scars?

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 08:38 AM
She sounds like a regular Barbie doll!:laughing:

I have a couple friends who've had reductions. Is your sis happy with hers? One other thing I wonder about is scar tissue? I mean, if you have all this done, wouldn't you have unsightly scars?

She had it done like 14 years ago after losing alot of weight. I never looked at them....but she gained weight back and so did they.
I would think nowadays they really have come a long way with procedures.

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
If my wife ever had that sort of thing done, I'd plaster her picture all over the internet, for all to see.

Who would ever do that?

momoffive
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM
I voted tummy tuck. After my last pregnancy 5 feet and 15 lbs of babies you get the drift. TMI. Other than that to repair, I wouldn't do anything else.
Loretta

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Who would ever do that?

me, because I'd be so proud of your thingies.

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I definitely can see a tummy tuck after having kids. I can't blame my kids for my tummy though! I had it before!
I was watching that show, Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC...she was so thin but after having two multiple pregnancies, she desperately needed one. A plastic surgeon offered to do one for her free. It came out nice.

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
me, because I'd be so proud of your thingies.

That would be grounds for divorce, dear.

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Only if I were ever in a serious accident....then I would request Rog's nose.

????? You short on staorage space at your home???? I can smuggle a small family of Mexicans across the border in my nose!!!

I had the weight loss surgery...but it wasnt out of vanity. I just couldn't take the pressures of gravity...to hell with people!! Since the weight loss, alot of people have asked if Im considering having the loose skin removed...and I admit, Ive considered it. But after lots of thought..Ive decided that is pure vanity and not somethig I cant live without. Im probably carrying another 30lbs of empty gut and man****s, but I am glad there empty now. Yes, I tuck my stomach into my pants like most people tuck in a shirt, and I may not look like a golden god when I wear a speedo.....but I feel like one!!! Besides..If I were any sexier...I'd have to wear a "Police CAUTION Do Not Cross" tape!!!:sad2:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
That would be grounds for divorce, dear.

:confused3

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 09:22 AM
:confused3

FYI....it's not cool to publicly display your wife, no matter how proud you are of her (it's her body, not yours. She just chooses to allow you to enjoy it). Instead, you should defend her honor with a "look at my wife and you die, buster" attitude. She will feel cherished.

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
nope, sorry..... I want to be able to brag that the saline is mine, all mine.

tungpo1
08-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Not me!!!!! I'm so beautiful as it is :lmao: all kidding aside I would not do it.

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
nope, sorry..... I want to be able to brag that the saline is mine, all mine.

When a guy buys a new Edelbrock, he raises the hood and shows all his buddies....Im not seeing the difference here!!

jrandtysmom
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I voted Tummy & ****s - to repair what my 2 pregnancies did to them. :sad2:

Us3
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Since the weight loss, alot of people have asked if Im considering having the loose skin removed...and I admit, Ive considered it. But after lots of thought..Ive decided that is pure vanity and not somethig I cant live without.

My sil had weight loss surgery and then this past May she had lots of skin removed along with a few other procedures. It was a MAJOR ordeal and a LONG recovery. She looks great in her clothes now..but man all of that pain....:scared:

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 10:17 AM
yeah...and I figure, my tatoos are ugly enough already without them getting all warped up with surgery!!

AuburnJen92
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I put no. However, I wish you would have put unless medically necessary. If I was in an accident and burned, I would prefer to have it to help things out a bit.

YodaGirl
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I voted no because I'm chicken. :laughing: I'm terrified of needles and scalpels(sp?).

Now if it was a medical issue (burn, accident, etc), I'd probably go ahead and do it...

Just Beachy
08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd have to say no surgery unless it was needed because of accident or illness. The times I've HAD to have surgery were enough. I'd rather not go under the knife on purpose. I've earned all my wrinkles. I've enjoyed every bite that led to my extra pounds. I might color my hair someday and wear a little more make-up. But that's it. However, it ISN'T fair that my DH gets better looking the older he gets. :sad2:

cyberdeb
08-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Well I always swore i wouldnt ever do it, but after having gastric bypass and losing 106 pounds and still losing, i am definately going to have to have a tummy tuck and maybe a breast lift. But really I could use some work on the thighs and arms but since insurance most definately wont cover it, i cant see spending that kind of money. I would rather use it to go to Disney World. I will just have to deal with the jiggly thighs and bat wings. :scared1:

des1954
08-06-2008, 12:15 PM
To all of you I have personally met.... I love all of you just the way you are!! Everything about each of you makes you unique and that's what I like the best....the uniqueness. I really feel that unless a surgery is medically necessary - leave well enough alone.

I have a good friend that went thru the same surgery as Rog. She is excercising like a maniac to firm up the sagging skin because she is scared to death of the multiple surgeries to rid her of the excess skin. She fully understands that without the surgery she can never wear a bikini or two piece suit. But like she says...I'm 57 and have never worn either in my life - so what's the big deal?

She did the gastric by-pass for health reasons & is feeling better than she's ever felt in her life. She's over-joyed that she can play with her grandkids and can ride a bicycle, and can go shopping without the aid of a walker or ECV. That's her "cosmetic surgery" - a walker & ECV-"ectomy"! I'm proud of her and I'm proud of Rog.

Then again, (and I really mean this)... I like people for their personalities and not their looks. I've known some really handsome men and beautiful women that were utter @zzes. I've known those that society would deem "ugly" and they are wonderful people who have made my world a better place for having known them.

All the surgery in the world can't change someone who is ugly on the inside.

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
so now i'm ugly on the inside..... well thanks a lot.

des1954
08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
so now i'm ugly on the inside..... well thanks a lot.

Don't tell Gatormom.... but I think you're a "hunk of burnin love" - inside and out!!

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Don't tell Gatormom.... but I think you're a "hunk of burnin love" - inside and out!!

she'd probably tell you more like a bottle rocket, a quick fizz, then a little pop.

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
When a guy buys a new Edelbrock, he raises the hood and shows all his buddies....Im not seeing the difference here!!

You're not comparing a woman to a car are you?????? 'Cause, I know you wouldn't do that!

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
To all of you I have personally met.... I love all of you just the way you are!! Everything about each of you makes you unique and that's what I like the best....the uniqueness. I really feel that unless a surgery is medically necessary - leave well enough alone.

I have a good friend that went thru the same surgery as Rog. She is excercising like a maniac to firm up the sagging skin because she is scared to death of the multiple surgeries to rid her of the excess skin. She fully understands that without the surgery she can never wear a bikini or two piece suit. But like she says...I'm 57 and have never worn either in my life - so what's the big deal?

She did the gastric by-pass for health reasons & is feeling better than she's ever felt in her life. She's over-joyed that she can play with her grandkids and can ride a bicycle, and can go shopping without the aid of a walker or ECV. That's her "cosmetic surgery" - a walker & ECV-"ectomy"! I'm proud of her and I'm proud of Rog.

Then again, (and I really mean this)... I like people for their personalities and not their looks. I've known some really handsome men and beautiful women that were utter @zzes. I've known those that society would deem "ugly" and they are wonderful people who have made my world a better place for having known them.

All the surgery in the world can't change someone who is ugly on the inside.

That's Debbie! She tells it like it is! :worship:

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 03:52 PM
she'd probably tell you more like a bottle rocket, a quick fizz, then a little pop.

:lmao: :thumbsup2

You're not comparing a woman to a car are you?????? 'Cause, I know you wouldn't do that!

No ma'am...i wuere a'paring manifolds ta mam'ries. But inny wumin shuld be prowd iff'n hur man luvs her s'much as he luvs his moter vehickul!!

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
:lmao: :thumbsup2

No ma'am...i wuere a'paring manifolds ta mam'ries. But inny wumin shuld be prowd iff'n hur man luvs her s'much as he luvs his moter vehickul!!

Yeah, proud of her perogative to pitch him to the curb!

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Oh come on now...tell her like it is...
that's not a beer belly, it's a fuel tank for a love machine....
:rotfl:

des1954
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh come on now...tell her like it is...
that's not a beer belly, it's a fuel tank for a love machine....
:rotfl:

Dang.... Al calls his bald head a solar panel for a love machine. No wonder Pete hangs out with Al!!

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Dang.... Al calls his bald head a solar panel for a love machine. No wonder Pete hangs out with Al!!

OH MY GAWD..that is too funny!!!:lmao:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Al is more eco friendly than I. I prefer the old gas powered love machine.

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I have a solar panel AND a fuel tank...apparently I need all the power I can get to get this machine to moving!

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Al is more eco friendly than I. I prefer the old gas powered love machine.

what's the size of your carbon footprint??:rolleyes:

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
A nice woman lies and says depth doesnt matter.

Us3
08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
OMG, you guys are too funny! :lmao:

des1954
08-06-2008, 05:54 PM
A nice woman lies and says depth doesnt matter.
It does so!!! But then....I'm not nice.

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
what's the size of your carbon footprint??:rolleyes:

give me about 8 white castles and a 12 pack of bud, and looooookout.

loveDmouse
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't. Too many problems can happen. Having a tummy tuck, lipo or whatever isn't worth dying over. Heard too many horror stories for me.

Escape Artist
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
A friend of mine had a tummy tuck. She got to choose whether she wanted a belly button or not!

Apparently when they take out the extra skin, they take out your belly button. And since you haven't been using it since you had an umbilical cord, it's not a problem. But if you want one for "looks," they'll add one back on for you! :lmao:

Sue in Texas
...full body lipo would do me a lot of good...

loveDmouse
08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
That is kinda gross. :eek:

jrandtysmom
08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
A friend of mine had a tummy tuck. She got to choose whether she wanted a belly button or not!

Apparently when they take out the extra skin, they take out your belly button. And since you haven't been using it since you had an umbilical cord, it's not a problem. But if you want one for "looks," they'll add one back on for you! :lmao:

Sue in Texas
...full body lipo would do me a lot of good...

Does it cost extra? :rotfl:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM
does it come with a choice of inney or outey?

VACAMPER
08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
what about one that comes with lint?

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:53 PM
*lint not included.

VACAMPER
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
If lints not included, what do I start the campfire with?

We4mickey
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Did you ever see the woman that was on Oprah or Dr Phil. Totally addicted to surgery. Her whole face just looked stiff and nasty. She was much prettier before. Nothing on her looked real anymore. I would never do it.

DisneyBishops
08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
give me about 8 white castles and a 12 pack of bud, and looooookout.

Hey Gatordad bought time you wised up and started drinking good beer. Just make it bud light and then the white castles won't add any weight to the equation.

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey Gatordad bought time you wised up and started drinking good beer. Just make it bud light and then the white castles won't add any weight to the equation.

man, I used to drink Bud exclusively.... 'til my neighbor was a Miller distributor, and I got my 1/2 kegs delivered for $30...... then I realized Bud was no bud of the old stomach....... As my buddy Renshaw calls them, buttwiper beer.

TxTink :)
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I chose no, but I agree that in an accident/illness situation I might feel differently. :)

tungpo1
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
yeah...and I figure, my tatoos are ugly enough already without them getting all warped up with surgery!!

Oh man tattoos, don't they hurt LOL

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
There's not enough plastic to do surgery on me!

2goofycampers
08-08-2008, 10:07 PM
If Frank can love it, I'll keep it all the way it is. ;)

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
There's not enough plastic to do surgery on me!

Plus guys like us are so goodlookin, why mess with Adonis?

Brer Bear
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Plus guys like us are so goodlookin, why mess with Adonis?

That's why we have BEER...to make you better looking without the KNIFE!