PDA

View Full Version : return of the Happy Little Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Alright. As the unofficial Guardian Angel of the Camping Community Board as appointed by the unofficial self appointed moderator who's title has been stricken from him (although we happily know who that is).........I feel the responsibility to pull us all up by our boot straps, slap us around a little and insist that morale improve.

Yes, the economy stinks. Yes Disney prices are going up and gas prices are not coming down rapidly enough. Feel free to vent on other threads, because we are all friends here and listening and feeling each other's pain is what friends do.

However, I know, despite troubles, we ALL have something to be thankfull for. Let's post those here.

What's yours?

Also, in an effort to keep all happy....please refrain from using the :goodvibes smiley. Oh heck! I just used it!

jrandtysmom
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm thankful that it's one day closer to Friday. :lmao: Does that count?

VACAMPER
08-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I am happy that even though the economy stinks. as of now we seem to be holding our own. My husband still has a job and i may soon be going back to work.(still debating) I've had a nice job offer. Some of our friends and family are starting to really stuggle in making ends meet. I have beautiful, healthy children. What more could i ask for.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm thankful that it's one day closer to Friday. :lmao: Does that count?

Heck yeah! 3 more days! :banana:

Marek 4
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I am thankful for my wonderful and healthy family, that both my husband and I have stable jobs, and that we are still going to FW in December even though we are REALLY having to save every last dime and cut back in alot of areas in order to go.

Momof626x3
08-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm thankful that I get to kiss all of my kids goodnight and tuck them into bed every night. I'm thankful that I get to tuck them into bed at Fort Wilderness for the first time in 13 days.

I'm also thankful that they GO to bed every night. :ssst:

I like this thread! :thumbsup2

VACAMPER
08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah for you. Have fun on your trip.

loveDmouse
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I am thankful for my husband and my family and that we are all fairly healthy.
I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table.
I am thankful that I can come to the Fort once a year.
I am thankful that it is not Monday.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

This feels much better!

PrincessNana
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
You were reading my thoughts! When life serves you a bowl of lemons, you need to make lemonade. We were served a big bowl of lemons this summer, had to cancel our trip to The Fort, but we've decided to make lemonade instead. Since we couldn't vacation this summer, the grandkids and I are spending our vacation money on Disney decorations and 4th of July decorations for next year. Watch Out, cuz we're going to have Killer decorations for the golf cart parade!! By next summer, surgeries will have healed and hair will grow back. My DIL (age 31) was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June, but it was caught early, her oncologist is taking an aggressive approach because she is a young mother, and her prognosis is excellent. Look for us next summer in the golf cart parade--our motto is--when you think you have too much, add another layer!!
We have alot to be grateful for....

PrincessNana
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Alright. As the unofficial Guardian Angel of the Camping Community Board as appointed by the unofficial self appointed moderator who's title has been stricken from him (although we happily know who that is).........I feel the responsibility to pull us all up by our boot straps, slap us around a little and insist that morale improve.

Yes, the economy stinks. Yes Disney prices are going up and gas prices are not coming down rapidly enough. Feel free to vent on other threads, because we are all friends here and listening and feeling each other's pain is what friends do.

However, I know, despite troubles, we ALL have something to be thankfull for. Let's post those here.

What's yours?

Also, in an effort to keep all happy....please refrain from using the :goodvibes smiley. Oh heck! I just used it!

Well, here's a couple of more things I'm happy about. The first is definetly a girl thing---as a by product of the bad economy, I bought Ralph Lauren shorts marked down to $10.00 a pair!! Woo, Hoo!! And now with Edouard moving ashore, we might even get alittle rain.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh this is wonderful!!!!! I love reading about everybody's good news!!!!!

PrincessNana~I will pray for your DIL! What a wonderful trip that will be next year when you can really celebrate!

LoveDmouse~you really summed up the important things in life! Health, home and FW!

Mom0f626x3~:woohoo:

Marek~ sometimes there is fun in the challenge. You get to see what you can accomplish! I'll bet you'll appreciate that trip even more when you take it!

VACAMPER~ You've been blessed with those 3 little girls just like me! There is nothing sweeter!

:dance3:

momoffive
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I have three little girls too:dance3: and...two boys pirate: pirate:
They are what I am thankful for.
I am thankful that I will be spending our 15 anniversary at the Fort and WDW and DH's 40th. Pinching pennies but we'll be there.
Loretta

Karen I'll keep your DIL in our prayers.

77ed
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm thankfull that I have many beers in my 'fridge:woohoo: and a wife that will help me empty it.

big kahuna1
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I am thankful it is not one day closer to Monday. Dang it, it is always one day closer to Monday so I take that one back.

Okay, I'm thankful that there are people who are thankful.:thumbsup2

jrandtysmom
08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm thankful for the Disboards! Gives me some entertainment during work. :thumbsup2

YodaGirl
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm thankful for my family, my church family, and the opportunity to go back to FW! :banana:

And of course to my mom and dad for making me a huge Disney nut! :cheer2:

TheGreatGonzo
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm happy my trip to the Fort in October is paid for. :cool1: A few weeks ago a group of five of us at work hit the MegaMillions for $10,000. On a five-way split, after taxes, it was about $1,380 each. Made things much easier.

des1954
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm thankful for the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I'm currently chowing down. Pretty darned tasty considering it's a Florida substitute of the real deal.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I am happy that you all are happy.....really, I am! I'm not saccharine....I'm real live sugar, people! Sickening....I know.

But anyway,

I'm also happy that on saturday I spent ALL DAY organizing the play room..........and it still looks nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy that on Friday, we have family coming into town to celebrate DDs birthday. Along with 10 of her friends. 10 twelve year old girls sleeping over at my house........I may need to rethink being happy about that one.....

I'm happy that my in-laws are a bunch of strong, southern women and that my girls get to grow up with them as role models.

I'm happy that I'm going to FW in December and that my hubby has finally accepted the fact that Disney needs to be a part of our lives. He's not thrilled about it. But accepts it. Mostly because he thinks I'm one heck of a fabulous woman and that I'm too good for him and he should keep me happy. I'm happy about that, too.

I'm happy that despite the ridiculous rise in grocery and gas prices that I can still afford rum! pirate:

I'm happy that I get to consider all you lovely people my friends!

bigdisneydaddy
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
They havent stop making Bud select yet
I have 2 great jobs
A loving wife and 2 teenage sons (hopefully both will survive being teenagers)

Despite our busy and hectic lives we have an awful lot to be thankful for.

We wanted to get to FW this summer but it just wasnt gonna happen, that will make the next trip that much more special.

Us3
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm thankful for my husband and his smart *** sense of humor. He can make me laugh in the most stressful of situations. I'm thankful for our 3 beautiful girls. I'm thankful for this crazy board and all of the humor shared here. It's a nice escape from an otherwise stressful day! :surfweb:

des1954
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm thankful for the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I'm currently chowing down. Pretty darned tasty considering it's a Florida substitute of the real deal.
Okay....now I'm happy I have a Philly Cheesesteak sitting like a rock in the pit of my stomach - and it feels' like it ain't movin'!!

I read recently that the poorest of the poor street person in the United States has a much better life-style than 3/5's of the people living in 3rd world countries. It's a bitter-sweet statistic.

I'm thankful to earn enough to pay my monthly bills & church offering, and to have $$ leftover to go out for one or two meals & give a few bucks to other charities.

terri01p
08-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm seriously thankful for so many things in my life, but since this is a camping board I'll keep it short with just silly things that happened in the last two days:

I'm thankful for the AAA I was able to get for my vacation. :banana:

I'm thankful that my sister called and God has blessed her with a dollar raise ! :worship:

Of course I'm thankful for life, health and stength of myself and family ! :yay:

And I'm thankful I didn't get any points the other night :laughing:

Shannone1
08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Nice thread Ami :thumbsup2 I'm happy that....

~ my house has been bat free for almost 3 weeks
~ we've slept in our new house for the last 10 nights which is the longest
stretch since we moved in back in June
~ We had a great turnout for our party last weekend
~ I have great friends
~ We are going camping this weekend
~ I have a month left with my kids before they go back to school
~ My husband still kisses me goodnight everynight and calls me just to say he loves me
~ All 3 of my kids are happy and healthy
~ We only have 4 months, 2 weeks and 3 days until we are at FW again :)

stacktester
08-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice thread Ami :thumbsup2 I'm happy that....

~ We only have 4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days until we are at FW again :)

You're ticker has that backwards then, but hey who's counting right?

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I am thankful I don't have to eat crackers any more, ever, ever again.

g8trmom1
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I am thankful for my WONDERFUL husband. I love him more than the day we got married.... :lovestruc

I am thankful for my healthy, smart, beautiful children....

I am thankful that I can be a stay at home mom--it means alot to me and my kids...

I am thankful for the friends I have met on this board thus far, and look forward to meeting more of you!! We really enjoy seeing you guys when we camp!!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Tink9295
08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I am new to the dis forum and am very thankful that you are all here to answer all my questions about Fort Wilderness. It is my first time staying there. Been to DW over 20 times. I found out that we are not really campers as were staying at the cabins. (Thanks for that one Gaterdad). But you are all kind (most of the time) and very funny. I've enjoyed the reading.

I am thankful we are checking in the 15th of August and it's actually happening.
I am thankful my DH agreed to visit again. We were at CS in April.
I will be thankful to any of you that will see our green mickeys decorating our cabin's deck and stops in to say hello.

ram101
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Well I guess I'll get the worst part out...At times (when not paying the bills) I am kinda happy bout the economy= Job security!! The worse it gets the stupider the crooks get and easier it is to catch'em!!! :rotfl:

Seriously,

I am glad to see this thread!! I am thankful for it!!

Thankful that:

All 6 kids are safe, happy, healthy and smart(not like dad!!),

that I can provide for my family and keep them well fed and comfortable,

Thankful that, even with the economy I am staying above water (oil furnace hasn't got turned on yet) which may change this!!!:goodvibes oopps,

Thankful I have a good, happy and healthy extended family who all get along (as long as they are apart!!),

For everyone posting good things in this thread to make me forget all the ugly things I see!

Thanks for starting this one!

We4mickey
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I am thankful that I have a great DH, 2 wonderful boys, one of which is going to provide us a grandson in December :goodvibes . All of us are employed, not always happy, but employed. We will be at the Fort in October with almost all of our family. My Dsil is doing well since her bone marrow transplant. I get to see my nephews faces as they experience Disney for the first time. My parents will be celebrating a delayed 50th wedding anniversary trip to Disney with most of their children. Not many can say their parents are still married, especially 50 years. Life is GOOD!

clkelley
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm thankful for a healthy family and thankful that all of you have lots to be thankful for.

Also, I'm thankful I'm going to DISNEYLAND on the 24th and straight from there to DISNEYWORLD to spend Labor Day weekend with some of you :-)

des1954
08-06-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm thankful for a healthy family and thankful that all of you have lots to be thankful for.

Also, I'm thankful I'm going to DISNEYLAND on the 24th and straight from there to DISNEYWORLD to spend Labor Day weekend with some of you :-)

Braggard!! :laughing:

No, Carol.... I'm happy that you're getting to experience the best of both "worlds"!! That is truly wonderful & something to rejoice about!

AuburnJen92
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I am happy we didn't catch any fish this morning because the fools I went with didn't know how to clean fish and I was going to be stuck cleaning them.:cool1:

clkelley
08-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I am happy we didn't catch any fish this morning because the fools I went with didn't know how to clean fish and I was going to be stuck cleaning them.:cool1:

Glad you got out some today!! Hope you are feeling OK. I started walking some today (just a mile), and came back home and fell asleep on the couch!!

Also, school started here today. Was right behind a bus all morning with many stops on the way to the walking trail.

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm happy that my hubby brought me coffee in bed this morning. That when I got up the dishwasher had been unloaded and he had started a grocery list. I wonder what he wants??????:lmao:

stacktester
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm happy that my hubby brought me coffee in bed this morning. That when I got up the dishwasher had been unloaded and he had started a grocery list. I wonder what he wants??????:lmao:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder too. :lmao: :lmao:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
I know.

jrandtysmom
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm thankful that I only 2 more days of work until my vacation! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Us3
08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm happy that Ami's dh will be happy for making ami happy! :lmao:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
no, I think what he's saying is, if I can get out of bed and do all that stuff, why can't she. That's what he's saying.

AuburnJen92
08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
no, I think what he's saying is, if I can get out of bed and do all that stuff, why can't she. That's what he's saying.

Yeah right.

djblu883
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM

Hope you like DL better than I did. ( I was thankful I got to go)I went in April and was very disappointed!BTW POTC was GREAT!!!!! Try to make a ADR for Blue Bayou!

djblu883
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
:cool1: I'm happy my new job assignment is taking me back to the Ms. Gulf Coast!!!!!...never mind they backed out 3 hours later...I'm not happy NOW

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Glad you got out some today!! Hope you are feeling OK. I started walking some today (just a mile), and came back home and fell asleep on the couch!!

Also, school started here today. Was right behind a bus all morning with many stops on the way to the walking trail.

that's your problem in a nutshell...... driving to the walking trail.

HappyCamper87
08-06-2008, 03:54 PM
I am happy that you all are happy.....really, I am! I'm not saccharine....I'm real live sugar, people! Sickening....I know.

I'm happy that despite the ridiculous rise in grocery and gas prices that I can still afford rum! pirate:

I'm happy that I get to consider all you lovely people my friends!

I'm happy about the things above. PolyPixie really is a true live angel - Positive People make me Happy.

I'm happy we're going to the fort for the first time in October.
I'm happy that my parents are traveling with us.
I'm happy to have a roof over my head and milk in the fridge.

PEACE! :hippie:

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
:blush: You're so sweet, happy camper!

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM

That's probably it. He was thinking, geez! I'm working my tail off before I go to the office and that lazy witch is upstairs snoozing away! He probably spit in my coffee, too.

gimme a break, people. He just loves me and that's all

des1954
08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
That's probably it. He was thinking, geez! I'm working my tail off before I go to the office and that lazy witch is upstairs snoozing away! He probably spit in my coffee, too.

What's there not to love???

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Pete passed the assessment yesterday for this job,which from what I understand is a hard thing to do. His boss is trying his best to undo the freeze so that they can move him to the new position. I was wondering if we could all could send positive vibes, a prayer, whatever your inclination...we really could use it. It's been an emotional roller coaster the last few days. And for those who have met Pete, he is a great guy and deserves it!!!! I am not biased at all!!;)

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Im happy to have a job to hate. Im happy that both DJs walked out at the sister club directly across the street, that guarantees me at least another week or two of job security!!

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Good luck PeteyBoy!!! That positions already yours I bet.

clkelley
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Good Luck Pete!!!

Us3
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Positive thoughts sent your way! :thumbsup2

VACAMPER
08-06-2008, 06:37 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes to pete. I know, I know you hate this smiley.

djblu883
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
good luck Pete!:thumbsup2

RvUsa
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Good luck Pete, I was gonna give you the :goodvibes a bunch times, but Amanda beat me too it so how about....:wave2:pixiedust:

AuburnJen92
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
If someone is to get a new job this week, I wish it to be you Pete. Good luck. They are a big company, they can spare the change....

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes, and the bad smiley.

John, If I ever become ruler of the world, you are hereby king smiley.

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM

He didn't mention spitting in the coffee when he phoned me.

loveDmouse
08-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Pete passed the assessment yesterday for this job,which from what I understand is a hard thing to do. His boss is trying his best to undo the freeze so that they can move him to the new position. I was wondering if we could all could send positive vibes, a prayer, whatever your inclination...we really could use it. It's been an emotional roller coaster the last few days. And for those who have met Pete, he is a great guy and deserves it!!!! I am not biased at all!!;)

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Wishing him luck!

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
no, no, no, not the lame smiley, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I hope you are happy, i turned into a pillar of salt.....

loveDmouse
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
no, no, no, not the lame smiley, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I hope you are happy, i turned into a pillar of salt.....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I still wish you luck!

Why don't you like that smiley anyway? :confused3 Too happy looking? :rotfl2:

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I dunno. I'm weird like that. There's a cat holding an umbrella in its a small world I refuse to look at, and if the ride ever broke down with me in front of it, i'd get out of the little boat and knock it over.

loveDmouse
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I get it. If Small World broke down I would break a lot of things. :scared1:

Rhonda
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I dunno. I'm weird like that. There's a cat holding an umbrella in its a small world I refuse to look at, and if the ride ever broke down with me in front of it, i'd get out of the little boat and knock it over.

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Nature/Weather/Cat_in_rain.gif

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 10:37 PM
not quite, the cat looks like Peter Puma, and has this dumb smirk on his face I'd want to wipe off........ and he's nodding his head.

3gr8kids
08-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Good luck Pete!!

How 'bout this smiley? :yay:

hehehe....

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
that hat in your siggy is enough to make me squint.

3gr8kids
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Dang, Pete! You just can't get past the hat, huh? Try closing your right eye so you can't see it. Does that help? LOL

des1954
08-07-2008, 06:36 AM

How did I miss this????

Pete...it came as no surprise to me that you passed the assessment. You are one sharp dude! I lived thru all the "freezes" of the 90's at the tel-co, and you will too. Have patience and keep your focus on your current position so you will be considered a true "team player". Yeah---management looks at stuff like that. I know how much you want to move on and get started in the new position - but they have you in a choke hold --- very frustrating --- just hang in there!

Just Beachy
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Good luck, Gatordad. I hope you get your new job SOON!!:) (notice I did NOT use the smiley you hate)

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Yey! For Pete!!!!! See, its all good!!!!!! Sending goodvibes, without the goodvibe smiley!!!!!!!!

:cheer2: :grouphug: :dance3: :banana: :cool1:

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
He didn't mention spitting in the coffee when he phoned me.

That's good.

He took me out for a picnic last night at the duck pond....which is a beautiful place! Complete with a bottle of wine that I love and he hates. Although he forgot a corkscrew. A key doesn't exactly work as a corkscrew....although if you beat the cork down enough it will push through into the bottle and that works almost as well! After all this, he didn't even ask for a new motorcycle, flat screen TV or anything!:laughing:

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
hopefully you didn't sit in duck poop....... what kind of wine.

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
hopefully you didn't sit in duck poop....... what kind of wine.

we had a picnic blanket so our butts were duck poop free.

White Zinfandel. I love it~it's too sweet for him. Plus real men don't drink pink wine unless it's too impress a girl.

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I started off with white zinfandel.... now I drink merlot or shiraz.

i know, to get their girls drunk.

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 10:55 AM
That's what he prefers, too. Merlot...we compromise on Shiraz. But I'm allergic to both....so lately it's been Chardonnay.

He was not trying to get me drunk! Sheesh!

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
that's not what he texted me.

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Come on...we're married. He doesn't have to try that hard!:lmao:

g8trmom1
08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Pete, are you taking notes...Romantic picnic, wine,....we live right on golf course...perfect!

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Pete, are you taking notes...Romantic picnic, wine,....we live right on golf course...perfect!

HeeHee! Just don't get hit by balls!

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
have at it, hopefully there are no alligators near the pond when you have your picinic

djblu883
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
That's what he prefers, too. Merlot...we compromise on Shiraz. But I'm allergic to both....so lately it's been Chardonnay.

He was not trying to get me drunk! Sheesh!

are you allergic to the sulfites in the wines????

PolynesianPixie
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
are you allergic to the sulfites in the wines????

Yeah, that or the tannins. I'm not sure which. All I know is most red wines make me swell up like a balloon! Not fun!

djblu883
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
are you also allergic to tea? if not then its the sulfites.....you can find red wines that don't have them...tannens are also in tea leaves so if you can drink teas you are most likely NOT allergic to them

AuburnJen92
08-07-2008, 10:56 PM
HeeHee! Just don't get hit by balls!

he he, she said balls...:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
are you also allergic to tea? if not then its the sulfites.....you can find red wines that don't have them...tannens are also in tea leaves so if you can drink teas you are most likely NOT allergic to them

That's interesting! You know....I've wondered about tea. I told my regular doc about my wine issues and he did a few allergy tests. They called me back and told me about my soy allergy. I asked about wine and they said they didn't test me for that :faint: They did test me for beer and I'm ok there. :confused3 Tea does seem to adversely affect me some. One time I had tea before bed and woke up with my eyes swelled shut. It does not blow me up like red wine, though. My oldest daughter is allergic to tea....they tested her for everything and that's pretty much what she's allergic too, poor thing! So, I don't know. Would it be teas like the green and black....or would herbals be included, too?

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
have at it, hopefully there are no alligators near the pond when you have your picinic

Will you just take your wife on a picnic for goodness sakes! It sounds like she's had a challenging week~ a foot massage would be a nice touch, too!

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm happy that I get to see my 'baby' sister tonight! I haven't seen her or my neice and nephews since Thanksgiving! So.....it's about time!:yay:

Us3
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
he he, she said balls...:lmao:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/MindyBenson/beavis_and_butthead.jpg

jrandtysmom
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm thankful it's Friday - the last day of work until my camping vacation! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Will you just take your wife on a picnic for goodness sakes! It sounds like she's had a challenging week~ a foot massage would be a nice touch, too!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AuburnJen92
08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
That is probably what would happen, Pete would fall asleep...:lmao:

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
hey now, I resemble that remark.

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I started off with white zinfandel.... now I drink merlot or shiraz.

Me too - my youngest and her husband make their own wine and beer! It's pretty good! What's that smoking dude doing in your signature - and what's he smoking? :lmao:

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Since this is the happy thread I'll post this

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x95/*******Wyatt/DSC01922.jpg

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Me too - my youngest and her husband make their own wine and beer! It's pretty good! What's that smoking dude doing in your signature - and what's he smoking? :lmao:

That smoking dude is the next President of the United States.

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM

I agree, I'm not sure I like it, but I don't see how John will be able to beat him.

RvUsa
08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Fair weather friend! The going gets rough and you get going! I see how you are.:lmao:

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey John, I just saw where Pete was bidding on you on ebay! How much are you going for?

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM
$1.98

jrandtysmom
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Shhhh don't say that. :sad2:

BigDaddyRog
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Is it just me...or does Obomber look alot like Sammy Davis Jr in Petes siggy?

des1954
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Is it just me...or does Obomber look alot like Sammy Davis Jr in Petes siggy?

Nah... Sammy was Jewish, had a glass eye, could really belt out a tune, and man, could he dance! He had real talent. He was part of the original "Rat Pack". There's NOtalent in NObama.

Born 2 Fish
08-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Good Morn'n You an Ya'lls !!
Beautiful day happening here, only 86 today and lower humidity.
Fresh back from camping, ready to work !

LET' GO GETT"M !!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Mornin!

Two more days of summer until back to the grind...

BRDof3
08-11-2008, 09:36 AM
That had to be written by a parent, for sure!

The kids go back to school next week! Maybe I can get a sense of normalcy around her when DW is at work. It will just be me and the dog again.

Rob (Yes, it's Monday, but a day closer to Saturday!)

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Good Morn'n You an Ya'lls !!
Beautiful day happening here, only 86 today and lower humidity.
Fresh back from camping, ready to work !

LET' GO GETT"M !!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

What a great attitude you have to be so happy on a monday! I just love that!

I partied with my sis all weekend......she and Scott both ended up in the pool....unexpectedly :rolleyes1

Now my house, camper and pool are all trashed.....but I have 19 fewer people in my home this morning so I should be able to take care of it today.

Already it feels like fall...low of 52 this morning! I slept in the camper with 2 of my DDs last night and got quite chilly!

ntsammy5
08-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Already it feels like fall...low of 52 this morning! I slept in the camper with 2 of my DDs last night and got quite chilly!

The high yesterday was 59 here!

BRDof3
08-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Quit talking about cold weather. I don't get my camper until next season, still in the tent for now. When it gets cold, I'm down until Spring. I'm not ready to be done yet, so everybody think warm!!!

Rob

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes, sir! I'll gladly think warm thoughts for anybody in Nebraska!

Momof626x3
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I had a root canal this morning and I'm happy that it is over! I'm also thankful for novocain. :woohoo:

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
What a great attitude you have to be so happy on a monday! I just love that!

I partied with my sis all weekend......she and Scott both ended up in the pool....unexpectedly :rolleyes1

Now my house, camper and pool are all trashed.....but I have 19 fewer people in my home this morning so I should be able to take care of it today.

what were she and scott doing in the pool?

Marek 4
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I think someone needs to throw some Happy Thread Pixie Dust over onto the Golf Cart Thread...

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 12:52 PM
what were she and scott doing in the pool?

You know.....I honestly can't remember :lmao: My sis, her hubby, Scott and my parents and I were sitting around the pool late Saturday night. Imagine Chardonnay was involved. My sis is easily pick-on-able and ended up in the pool, in her jammies. When she tried to push Scott in, he took her with him.

I think someone needs to throw some Happy Thread Pixie Dust over onto the Golf Cart Thread...

I'll go take a look......

BRDof3
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes, sir! I'll gladly think warm thoughts for anybody in Nebraska!

Hopefully that was serious, not sarcastic!

We need happy thoughts. This has been the weirdest summer weather in a long time. It rained non-stop till mid-summer, then got so hot and humid that
I thought I was back in Florida again. I've made it out twice in the tent so far. Here's hoping for at least 1 or 2 weekends before it gets to cool.

Cheers,
Rob

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Hopefully that was serious, not sarcastic!

We need happy thoughts. This has been the weirdest summer weather in a long time. It rained non-stop till mid-summer, then got so hot and humid that
I thought I was back in Florida again. I've made it out twice in the tent so far. Here's hoping for at least 1 or 2 weekends before it gets to cool.

Cheers,
Rob

You don't know me well, yet. I don't do sarcastic very convincingly.

Yes, I was serious! Heat I can handle.....I'm terrified of being cold!

BRDof3
08-11-2008, 02:14 PM
You don't know me well, yet. I don't do sarcastic very convincingly.

Yes, I was serious! Heat I can handle.....I'm terrified of being cold!

I thought as much, but like you said, still getting acquainted.

DW keeps saying that she would be happy to never see snow again (and this from a Nebraska farmer's daughter!). Maybe some day I'll get her to see a head hunter and find out just how "in demand" she would be in Florida. I lived in Orange Park for 7 years, and would be happy back in the Sunshine State. Ya just never kow, huh??

Rob

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I thought as much, but like you said, still getting acquainted.

DW keeps saying that she would be happy to never see snow again (and this from a Nebraska farmer's daughter!). Maybe some day I'll get her to see a head hunter and find out just how "in demand" she would be in Florida. I lived in Orange Park for 7 years, and would be happy back in the Sunshine State. Ya just never kow, huh??

Rob

You never do know! Hubby and I keep talking about the possibility of moving to Florida, too.......

I'd love it, but it has to be the right situation, time, alignment of stars, etc, etc......

Here's hoping!

Us3
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
You know.....I honestly can't remember :lmao: My sis, her hubby, Scott and my parents and I were sitting around the pool late Saturday night. Imagine Chardonnay was involved. My sis is easily pick-on-able and ended up in the pool, in her jammies. When she tried to push Scott in, he took her with him.

I'll go take a look......

Sounds like a fun PARTY! I need to pick up some of this Imagine Chardonnay! ;)

des1954
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I was having a great day until I read about all the cool weather you northerners are getting. Well...not to be out-done.... we're only reaching a high of 93 today instead of 98! Brrrrr!!! Break out the coats and scarves - winter is on the way!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_9.gif (http://*******************************************ZSzeb00 1_ZN)

I have a lovely apple-cinnamon candle on my candle warmer. It smells so yummy! Just like an apple pie baking in the oven. Mmmmm....can't wait for fresh fall McIntosh apples!!

big kahuna1
08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Don't worry, when it gets down to a chilly 72 degress the Florida transplants will have their sweaters and jackets on. You will know when that happens as the news people will go all ga ga because it's so chilly out.:rolleyes1

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a fun PARTY! I need to pick up some of this Imagine Chardonnay! ;)

it was! The Chardonnay is yummy, too! Of course, I didn't mention that 2 other Chardonnays were involved...plus some beer, rum......no wonder I don't remember how they ended up in the pool :rolleyes1

auntie
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
This is the happy thread..so I thought I'd post these happy faces(from vacation Anna Maria Island)...although today they aren't happy to be back in NY. Flying into JFK with the cold damp weather yeasterday was ..hmm..what did my son call it..Oh yes, flying into the armpit of the country! Oh well..at least we didn't have cockroaches around the luggage carosel this time. :eek: That was nasty.

Back to cheerier thoughts......:wizard:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/Sarasota%2008/sarasota078.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/Sarasota%2008/sarasota003-1.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/Sarasota%2008/sarasota035-1.jpg

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
beautiful pics.... looks like a nice area.

where's pics of auntie?

Us3
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Those are some great looking kids Auntie! Where is your shining smile??

auntie
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Here are a couple. Unfortunately..I took most of the photos. I am in some of taken on the beach..but there isn't a computer screen large enough to hold those images:rotfl2: ...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/Sarasota%2008/sarasota006.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/Sarasota%2008/sarasota075.jpg

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
oh hush.... if a screen held me and rog, it could hold a little thing like you.

Us3
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time! I hope you were able to relax and enjoy those kiddos! :thumbsup2

auntie
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
That is my Florida hat..and I love it.:cutie: I am wearing it here today in the rain. I don't care what anyone thinks. My hubby spotted me right away at JFK when we landed. He laughed when he saw me coming...but said it was me! I was the only one in NY that would dare wear something so "touristy".

auntie
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
oh hush.... if a screen held me and rog, it could hold a little thing like you.

Well, thanks, but I haven't been described anywhere near "little" in about 10 years. :rotfl: 50 is kicking my ...butt. Actually it's added about 40 lbs to my butt!:rotfl:

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
please, you aren't fat until you have to turn sideways to get thru the door. YOu have awhile to go for that.

des1954
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
please, you aren't fat until you have to turn sideways to get thru the door. YOu have awhile to go for that.

I have to turn sideways to get out of Star Tours. Does that count?

Phyllis - your pics are beautiful!! If I didn't know how hot it was on that beach I would almost be jealous! Love the hat!!!

g8trmom1
08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
The sick thing is we live in Florida and never go to the beach. Auntie, those beach pictures are awesome! The water is soooo blue. I am going to have to talk to Pete about this!!!

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't get out of my own way. When I get on line at a restaurant, the Hostess always asks, who's that behind you? Oh, that's still you.

auntie
08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Phyllis - your pics are beautiful!! If I didn't know how hot it was on that beach I would almost be jealous! Love the hat!!!

The sick thing is we live in Florida and never go to the beach. Auntie, those beach pictures are awesome! The water is soooo blue. I am going to have to talk to Pete about this!!!

The water was some 86 degrees in the Gulf. Like bath tub. It was wonderful.
While it was pretty warm, there was always a breeze while on the beach. My kids love the beach. We live on Long Island, but honestly the beaches don't compare. We have to pay use the beaches..and you risk stepping on some kind of medical waste or some type of debris most of the time. Things here are changing ..it's not like it used to be even 20 years ago or when I was a kid. Even if we go way out to the East end of the Island it's nicer but nothing like Florida beaches.
The water was so clear and blue....we couldn't get enough of it. First couple of days the water was clear..but had quite a bit of seaweed..Edward was in the Gulf headed toward Texas. I have to say, once it hit land the Gulf cleared up and it was picture postcard perfect. :lovestruc

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Phyllis! I love the pictures! It looks beautiful there! Goodness gracious! If you are fat, then I'm a friggin' whale! I refuse to accept the latter, so my dear, you are a svelt little thing!

I hope you had a busy schedule full of relaxing appointments!

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
you know, most of you women that think you are fat, really aren't.... just sayin.

auntie
08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
At my next physical, I'm tellin' the dr. that I don't have to loose weight because I can still fit through the door without turning side ways. :thumbsup2
Forget all that cholestoral stuff he's talkin' about! Although..the ailse in the plane..that was pretty tight. I'm pretty sure I knocked a few people for a loop:scared: when I headed back to use the bathroom. :laughing:

What are ya gonna do.:confused3 My daughter is actually wearing a bathing suit that used to be mine. (back in the 90's...she thought it was "nostalgic" (smart *** kid). We were laughing because it literally only goes across half my body now! So if you save something long enough it does come back in fashion...only it's not likely you're gonna fit into it! :rotfl2:

Gatordad
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
tell him Dr. Pete said it was ok. Just don't tell him I got my doctorate from Wikepedia U.

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 06:14 PM
That had to be written by a parent, for sure!

nope, teacher

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Don't worry, when it gets down to a chilly 72 degress the Florida transplants will have their sweaters and jackets on. You will know when that happens as the news people will go all ga ga because it's so chilly out.:rolleyes1

so what's your point...us florida crackers can't complain when it gets below 70?????:lmao:

2goofycampers
08-11-2008, 11:32 PM
LOL. I had that same swim suit back in the 90's.

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 06:28 AM
Hey ya'll, watch this,
TA-DA ! My 300 Post !!

Now back to your regularly scheduled post.

Morn'n ya'll !
Did you see the sky last night ? Man, the stars twinkled, the moon was bright, with a hint of wispy cloud streaks. Beautiful !

des1954
08-12-2008, 06:35 AM
If you look in the north-eastern sky after midnight - you are supposed to be able to view the Perseid Meteor Shower last night and again tonight. The show starts just after midnight & is supposed to continue til around 5am. Dang it!! I just can't stay awake that long! BigDaddyDisney would refer to me as a TMB!:rotfl:

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
MIDNIGHT ! Holy cow, only time my butt comes even close to being awake at midnight is when we're at Disney. Yeah it's sad but true.:rotfl2:

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 11:18 AM
You know, you guys always talking about being fat.... you want to see fat, you should see a picture of me.... wait I have never posted a picture of me. That is probably why I have never been to a GG as well, then my pic would be made public... and that is not going to happen. I am either really fat, or in the witless protection program.... you decide.

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
maybe you are in the portly protection program.

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 11:51 AM
LOL, never thought of that one, but I am leaning toward the witLESS side.

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
John....ya aint fat, youre well anchored....dont be so self concious, big is beautiful. Ya cant POSSIBLY think THIS bunch would hold your horizontal size against you, do you? Heck no...not when we can goof on how tall you are!!

terri01p
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
You know, you guys always talking about being fat.... you want to see fat, you should see a picture of me.... wait I have never posted a picture of me. That is probably why I have never been to a GG as well, then my pic would be made public... and that is not going to happen. I am either really fat, or in the witless protection program.... you decide.

John, John, John haven't you learn yet this is why we have kids to stand in the front of us when it's picture taking time! ;)

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
John, John, John haven't you learn yet this is why we have kids to stand in the front of us when it's picture taking time! ;)

He is only 6 and I would need about 11 more for that to work LOL.

terri01p
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok step two..that's what photoshop is for,,,lol..

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Hmmmm, never thought of that, is there a "thinner" button on photoshop? If there isn't I want to invent it, I would be rich!

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Or you could just jack a picture off of the internet of some random guy with a hot wife and say its you....and that you just aint into "virtual gatherings" in order to never blow your cover!!;)

2goofycampers
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm, never thought of that, is there a "thinner" button on photoshop? If there isn't I want to invent it, I would be rich!

I'll buy one. :thumbsup2

2goofycampers
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Or you could just jack a picture off of the internet of some random guy with a hot wife and say its you....and that you just aint into "virtual gatherings" in order to never blow your cover!!;)

Frank's already done that. :rotfl:

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks Rog, I found a good picture of myself... here it is.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/393984782_ef47c8c339.jpg

I was having a bad hair day, so I was afraid to post this one.... :lmao:

auntie
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM

:lmao:

auntie
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks Rog, I found a good picture of myself... here it is.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/393984782_ef47c8c339.jpg

I was having a bad hair day, so I was afraid to post this one.... :lmao:

That's kind of gay. ...Ooops...not that there's anything wrong with that.

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Try again, John...my 'gay-dar' is alerting me that you dont wanna be THAT guy!!!

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:45 PM
ok how bout a picture of me on my "hog"

http://www.lol101.com/Funny_Pictures/6352/Fat_man_236WFI.jpg

and yes that is a full sized harley..... LOL :lmao::rotfl2:

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
How about me after I tasted some "bitter beer"???

http://www.everythingweird.com/images/handsome-ugly-man_weird-picture-5_49.jpg

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
And to really set off your gay-dar.... this is me after I won "Idol"

http://internetgreetings.com/clay-aiken-handsome-man.jpg

Us3
08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Ewww...you need to take a lawn mower to those eye brows in that first pic John! :rotfl:

You know that most of us around here are not that superficial. I for one admire you for your craftsmanship (we all saw what you did with your aunts house) and we all miss you when you're not around here for a few days! :thumbsup2

PolynesianPixie
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Ewww...you need to take a lawn mower to those eye brows in that first pic John! :rotfl:

You know that most of us around here are not that superficial. I for one admire you for your craftsmanship (we all saw what you did with your aunts house) and we all miss you when you're not around here for a few days! :thumbsup2

I couldn't agree more! You could totally look like this guy and we would still love you. May not be able to look you straight in the face for too long.......but love you just the same!

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/ugly.jpg

Really, outward appearance doesn't mean a thing. It's whats on the inside that counts and from what I can see from here...you are extremely good lookin'!

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
:rolleyes1 Or you could just jack a picture off of the internet of some random guy with a hot wife and say its you....and that you just aint into "virtual gatherings" in order to never blow your cover!!;)

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 01:49 PM
She's just being nice John. We all know you are a good person with a good heart. This is the home of the beautiful people. We may not be ugly, but we ain't fat because we can fit through the door frontways. You just have to duck, that's all.

I couldn't agree more! You could totally look like this guy and we would still love you. May not be able to look you straight in the face for too long.......but love you just the same!

Really, outward appearance doesn't mean a thing. It's whats on the inside that counts and from what I can see from here...you are extremely good lookin'!

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I can't see any of these pictures at work - but my imagination is running rampant! Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone! :lmao:

Just kidding. Makes no difference what you look like ..... you have a good heart - that's what counts.

I had a friend in the army who was big and really, really ugly. Kids used to run away from him screaming, but he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Saved my life once. He's beautiful in my book. You too John.

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Where did you find my high school senior picture? I thought I banned them from using that one!!! LOL

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!

BRDof3
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
You do need to hunt these pics down fter work Al, they're worth the effort.

I just laughed in the computer tech's ear again!

Rob

des1954
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Everything is beautiful in its own way
Like a starry summer night
Or a snow covered winter's day
And everybody's beautiful in their own way
And under God's heaven
The world's gonna find a way.

We shouldn't care about the length of his hair
Or the color of the skin
Don't worry about what shows from without
But the love that lives within
And we gonna get it all together now
Everything gonna work out fine
Just take a little time to look on the good side my friend
And straighten it out in your mind

And everything is beautiful in its own way
Like a starry summer night
Or a snow covered winter's day, ah sing it children
Everybody's beautiful, oh in their own way
Under God's heaven
The world's gonna find a way.

One more time
Everything is beautiful in its own way
Oh, in its own way
Like a starry summer night, or a snow covered winter's day.

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 05:20 PM
:thumbsup2 Love that Ray Stevens ! :thumbsup2

stacktester
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
:thumbsup2 Love that Ray Stevens ! :thumbsup2

Now you know the old folks on the board.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

des1954
08-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Yer darn tootin, sonny - and proud of it!! Now mind yer manners and show some respect teh yer elders, boy!!!

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Now get out the way fer I hit ya wit my cane !

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Happy little moose playing in the sprinkler...

http://www.maniacworld.com/twin-baby-moose-in-sprinkler.html

sorry that i missed everything today...

3gr8kids
08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
ok how bout a picture of me on my "hog"

http://www.lol101.com/Funny_Pictures/6352/Fat_man_236WFI.jpg

and yes that is a full sized harley..... LOL :lmao::rotfl2:

Here's Rog on his hog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/kbemc/rogonhishog.jpg

Us3
08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
:lmao: OMG, Karla is on a roll today!

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
She could have put the picture somewhere else, and it would have had a whole different meaning.... LOL

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
She could have put the picture somewhere else, and it would have had a whole different meaning.... LOL

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
:lmao:

Brer Bear
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Pardon me, but your Rog is showing....:eek:

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
You do need to hunt these pics down fter work Al, they're worth the effort.

OMG :dance3:

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
This weekend, we had tons of family stay over at our house. LOTS of nephews. However, 3 of our nephews couldn't make it. When I talked to DD9 about one particular nephew staying over, she replied,
"I hope Nick doesn't come. I had to sleep in the same room as him one night and he farted the whole night! And Mommy, his farts don't smell nice like ours do!"

Out of the mouths of babes!:lmao:

BRDof3
08-13-2008, 08:43 AM
This weekend, we had tons of family stay over at our house. LOTS of nephews. However, 3 of our nephews couldn't make it. When I talked to DD9 about one particular nephew staying over, she replied,
"I hope Nick doesn't come. I had to sleep in the same room as him one night and he farted the whole night! And Mommy, his farts don't smell nice like ours do!"

Out of the mouths of babes!:lmao:

Ahh, too bad everyone can't be as good as us! :rolleyes1

(What would my HS English teacher say about THAT sentence??)

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 08:47 AM
(What would my HS English teacher say about THAT sentence??)

It smells? :lmao:

PolynesianPixie
08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
In her defense....

I walked into that room in which she spoke of

I had to turn around and walk back out! :faint:

I'm not going to say ours smell good :laughing: But God Almighty, I hope they smell better! I'm telling you....my DD will be scared for life from that experience! :lmao:

auntie
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm tellin' ya...it's boy farts...they are LETHAL....! :eek: You did hear as president I will form a committee to investigate and find a cure for this awful incurable ailment that effects 50 percent of our population..and makes the other 50 percent want to GAG! :crazy2: Not to mention these gaseous odors are likely responsible for this so called global warming and destruction of the earth's ozone layer as we know it.
I have spent more time trapped in cars with teenage boys who think that farting is the most hilarious thing. It's the number one reason to give male children their drivers licenses at age 5...so we mom's don't have to spend the next 10 years car pooling them and their friends around town while wearing a "gas" mask. :sad2:

clkelley
08-13-2008, 09:20 AM
I hear ya Auntie!!

Although there is something worse.

Try taking two teenagers to a school dance that don't drive yet!!

The combination of her perfume and his cologne will kill ya!!!!!!!

auntie
08-13-2008, 09:26 AM

Hey...ya know...at one time that statement would have bothered me. :snooty: Now...I'm too old to care! :laughing:

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
I just got out of the elevator and there was a really cute blond in it - when the elevator stopped she farted. Everyone laughed and she got really red in the face. I love stuff like that! :lmao:

RvUsa
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
What are you guys, 12? All these fart stories..... :sad2::sad2: :lmao::lmao:

auntie
08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I hear ya Auntie!!

Although there is something worse.

Try taking two teenagers to a school dance that don't drive yet!!

The combination of her perfume and his cologne will kill ya!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...try taking FIVE smelly teenage boys home from school(we had a coversion van at the time)...after they've had gym..and they STINK B.O. to high heaven. All of them trying to cover it up with massive amounts of the latest teen cologne. I had to keep the window down..and the A/C blasting in my face. I mean I was the driver, I couldn't risk passing out at the wheel. Could be the middle of winter in a snow storm...nothing could cover up the odor of hormonal teenage boy B.O.

Now that I think of it...I should have the committee look into capturing and bottling this odor to use on our enemies during times of war. :laughing:

auntie
08-13-2008, 09:39 AM

You just wait..you've got a 6 year old. You don't know the meaning of STINK yet. You will...you will.
:laughing:

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM

Come on John. You know you love it! :rotfl:

Just Beachy
08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm thankful that the phone system here at work just went down! More time for the Dis! I mean.... more time for WORK!! :lmao: :banana:

Born 2 Fish
08-13-2008, 06:19 PM
And Mommy, his farts don't smell nice like ours do!"
!:lmao:

I'm pretty sure your talk'n about my son's dog. :lmao: That sucker is one nasty hound !

BRDof3
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
You just wait..you've got a 6 year old. You don't know the meaning of STINK yet. You will...you will.
:laughing:

My DS is only 6, but already working on his advanced certification in gaseous emissions. Don't know where he got it, must have been on the other side of the family. Never from me!

:rolleyes1

ntsammy5
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Not farting but,my wife gets really POed at the son because in about 20% of the pictures he's in somehow one of his fingers gets accidentally extended

VACAMPER
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Is this the happy thread or the farting thread? If it's the happy thread, I had a message that I got the job I applyed for with no need to interview.:woohoo:

Gatordad
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
congrats amanda.

BRDof3
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Way to go Amanda!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

RvUsa
08-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Good for you! I am happy for ya! :woohoo:

2goofycampers
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Way to go Amanda.

clkelley
08-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Got Passholder rate for our All-Stars room in October!! WooHoo!!!

Also found out my AAA rate at the Fort in December is still the best rate!!

Thanks Rhonda!!!!!

clkelley
08-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Is this the happy thread or the farting thread? If it's the happy thread, I had a message that I got the job I applyed for with no need to interview.:woohoo:

WooHoo!!!!

des1954
08-14-2008, 06:38 AM

YaY for AmAnDa!!!

My DH also got the job he recently interviewed for. He starts 9/2. This means we now can get back to staying at FtW once a month!!! New job = no weekends! YiPpEe!!! It's still commission sales...but one that will NOT be affected by the economy. Not to be macabre - but he'll be working for a funeral home. Anyone need pre-planned arrangements???:rotfl:

PolynesianPixie
08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
All these new jobs around here! Things are definitely looking up! :banana:

Born 2 Fish
08-14-2008, 08:01 AM

Go ahead,,just let a big ol smelly blow and then tell me it don't make you happy!

And congrats on the job ! :thumbsup2
Altho I'd hold off on the smellies at the new job fer a while.
Hard to blame it on someone else til you get to know them.

PolynesianPixie
08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Go ahead,,just let a big ol smelly blow and then tell me it don't make you happy!

And congrats on the job ! :thumbsup2
Altho I'd hold off on the smellies at the new job fer a while.
Hard to blame it on someone else til you get to know them.

She'll be working with kids. They're easy targets.:lmao:

ntsammy5
08-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Good for you Amanda.

3gr8kids
08-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Congratulations on everyone's new jobs!! :)

BigDaddyRog
08-14-2008, 09:17 AM
With Amanda, and Rick...even Pete's up for a promotion...this place is getting to classy for me...all these people with jobs everywhere!!!

Congrats ya'll!!!!

Just Beachy
08-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Congratulations to everybody on their new jobs!!! :woohoo:

auntie
08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Congratulations to Rick and Amanda on the new jobs! :thumbsup2

ntsammy5
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Debbie, does this mean we all get discounts on caskets?

2goofycampers
08-14-2008, 09:55 AM
The DD next door is dating a guy learning to be a mortician and they think that is a creepy profession. I told her to hope she marries him, someday he could be supporting the whole family if the economy gets any worse. He'll always have a job.

ntsammy5
08-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Here's what they have to work with:

http://www.mindspring.com/~possums/DeadPossum.jpg

2goofycampers
08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
I love yellow striped possum, it's the best kind if you ask me. :cool1:

VACAMPER
08-15-2008, 08:45 AM
striped possum can add such color presentation to the dinner table.

back to the happy thread -I'm going camping today! Hurry home from work honey.:banana:

2goofycampers
08-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Have a good time Amanda.

Ladies I posted a very funny men bashing e-mail I recieved on John's site on the ladies thread you might ant to take a look at, I might get slapped if I post it here. ;)

PolynesianPixie
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Have fun Amanda!

I love men bashing posts....I'll be over there soon! Now I have to go check on my Blueberry crumb cake :cutie:

des1954
08-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Debbie, does this mean we all get discounts on caskets?

This proves there is something for everyone on the internet!!

http://www.casketstore.net/

Maybe we could start a "casket swap"!!:lmao:

BRDof3
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Now I have to go check on my Blueberry crumb cake :cutie:[/QUOTE]

Cake's on, party's at Ami's!

:yay: :yay:

PolynesianPixie
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Now I have to go check on my Blueberry crumb cake :cutie:

Cake's on, party's at Ami's!

:yay: :yay:[/QUOTE]

I've got a pot roast in the crock pot, too! Come on!

ntsammy5
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Got any hot dogs?

PolynesianPixie
08-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Got any hot dogs?

Yes, actually. Food Lion had ball park franks 'buy one get one free' and I had a dollar off coupon :thumbsup2

ntsammy5
08-15-2008, 11:10 AM
My GS loves to shop at Food Lion! Probably because I'm a sucker and always get him a candy bar!

loveDmouse
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I am happy because my computer at work is online again because I thought I would go NUTS not being able to come here during the day. Sometimes it is how I stay sane.
I am also happy that the lightning that stuck close by the office didn't destroy my computer just a piece of it.

Forgot to mention I am happy it is Friday! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It has been a long week. :upsidedow

PolynesianPixie
08-18-2008, 01:11 AM
My GS loves to shop at Food Lion! Probably because I'm a sucker and always get him a candy bar!

That's what Grandads are best at~ spoiling!:goodvibes

I am happy because my computer at work is online again because I thought I would go NUTS not being able to come here during the day. Sometimes it is how I stay sane.
I am also happy that the lightning that stuck close by the office didn't destroy my computer just a piece of it.

Forgot to mention I am happy it is Friday! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It has been a long week. :upsidedow

My girl's get the "naughty step" when they need chill out time. My "time out" is getting on the Dis!

Born 2 Fish
08-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Good morning ya'll.
Has any body seen the moon the last couple nights ? Man, talk about hi-definition,,beautiful ! Let's all pray the "Fay" folk get to see it soon.

Have a fabulous day !:thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
08-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Frank, i noticed that too...beautiful!

Born 2 Fish
08-19-2008, 07:32 AM
I keep my bug-eyed glasses handy for a little closer view on the real moony nights.

VACAMPER
08-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Good morning people.

2goofycampers
08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Good morning people.

Good morning, can't believe I'm up so early after being up so late last nite.

VACAMPER
08-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I was supposed to already be gone to the dentist. I woke all my girls up, got them ready and was about to leave when they called and changed my appt. My girls were sleeping so good this morning.

BRDof3
08-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Good morning! How late did the chat run last night?

2goofycampers
08-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Good morning! How late did the chat run last night?

11:30 CST

BRDof3
08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Dang, I missed 2 hours??

2goofycampers
08-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Dang, I missed 2 hours??

There's a great pic that is worth going back and taking a look at.

BRDof3
08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
There's a great pic that is worth going back and taking a look at.

Is that really Pete?

2goofycampers
08-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Rog

BigDaddyRog
08-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Theres a pic of me??? I gotta go see. It took me forever to realize I wasnt supposed to be looking for an actual chat room...then once I got there, I didnt realize the "a new post has been made since..." stopped your post from going through....I was sooo confused!!!!

BigDaddyRog
08-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Geeeez....the one pic that exists on the net of my punk rock glam phase...and you guys use it against me!!!! LOL

RvUsa
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
You're welcome Rog ;)

BRDof3
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Theres a pic of me??? I gotta go see. It took me forever to realize I wasnt supposed to be looking for an actual chat room...then once I got there, I didnt realize the "a new post has been made since..." stopped your post from going through....I was sooo confused!!!!

Yeah, it took us all a while to get things worked out, but now we're ready for the next one.

Hey Rog, I liked the pic. If you want embarrasing hair, you have to look at mine the middle part of HS. :laughing:

BRDof3
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
OK, got kids to school (our last "first day" of kindergarten). Now just have to get DW to get the sadness out and feel normal again.

I knew she was going to have problems this morning. Letting go of the last one is bad enough, but he has severe peanut allergies and that was making her imagination run really wild. I'll give the school some high marks for the way they're handling it, though.

PolynesianPixie
08-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey! last night was fun! Thanks for setting it up, John!

PolynesianPixie
08-19-2008, 01:07 PM
OK, got kids to school (our last "first day" of kindergarten). Now just have to get DW to get the sadness out and feel normal again.

I knew she was going to have problems this morning. Letting go of the last one is bad enough, but he has severe peanut allergies and that was making her imagination run really wild. I'll give the school some high marks for the way they're handling it, though.

Schools are wonderful about handling those allergies! I don't want to frighten you....this is just a precaution.....but the only thing you need to worry about is what the parents bring in for parties and stuff. If there is a party, you might want to send a note home with all the kids asking parents not to send food containing nuts.

That last one leaving is tough!