PDA

View Full Version : Larisa & Nick 7/18/09 - invitation voted best of 2009!!

nickandlarisa
08-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm completely new to this, but wanted to share my story and get some advice, so this seemed the place to start. Nick and I met as college freshman and started dating the following year. Last summer (July 07) we spent 7 days in WDW just the two of us, we stayed at PO-Riverside. On the second night of our trip we dined at Cinderella Royal Table where Nick proposed, glass slipper and all! We're planning our July 2009 wedding after a nearly 10 year courtship. The wedding will be near my home in Maryland, but the honeymoon will be a 2 week extravaganza in WDW!

What we have figure out so far ...

Part One - 6 nights at a Moderate resort - probably POR
Part Two - 4 night DCL Bahamian cruise - Wonder (already booked)
Part Three - 4 nights at a Moderate resort

We are definitely going to stay at POR for one of our land stays, we just loved the landscaping and romantic setting. We are up to changing it up and trying a different moderate for the second land stay, and are considering the CBR but are open to suggestions or recommendations. We want to do deluxe dining. We both have the Disney Visa and AAA and are all about discounts and rewards. The bottom line is we absolutely fell in love with Disney during our engagement vacation, even though we had both been twice before, its even more magical for us now. We want to be able to go for as long as we can and do as much as we can but also get the most bang for our buck because we are on a budget.

I'm sure I'll have more specific questions, details to share, etc. in the future but I just wanted to get started and see what this board is all about.

Thanks in advance!

Larisa (and Nick)

padisneyfour
08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
congrats and welcome... looking forward to hearing more of your plans. dh and I were together about 9 years before we got married( we have been married 18 years last month. we are planning a VR for our 20th anniversary in 2010). we met in college too and then HM ed at wdw for our first visit ever... good luck with all your plans and congrats:goodvibes

Tiffanova
08-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi! Congrats! I love the sound of a lengthy Disney honeymoon. :D

I stayed at the CBR several years ago (2000 I think) and I thought it was very nice. Have you considered Coronado Springs? It's the only moderate I haven't stayed at, but I visited some friends last year who were staying there and I loved the theming!

RachaelA
08-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Congrats!

We're planning a June 2009 Disneymoon as well. :)

nickandlarisa
08-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

padisneyfour - congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary!

tiffanova - I'm definitely open CSR, my only concern was that I've heard its a conference center resort, so I wasn't sure if it would feel too business-like? Did you get that vibe?

rachaelA - congrats to you, too! Our wedding is June 20th when is yours?

nickandlarisa
08-02-2008, 11:13 PM
(Nick wrote this for our wedding website so I thought I would share.)

The Larisa and Nicholas Story: A Proposal at Cinderella Castle

Once upon a time, in a beautiful land many miles away ... actually it was July 26, 2007 and it was in Disney World on the gorgeous Florida peninsula and this is the story of our fairy tale. This is the story leading us to happily ever after.

Before the specific moment that will take Larisa and Nicholas to happily ever after, there was much planning just for the trip itself in the months leading up. The decision to go to Disney World as a couple was made back in very late April. Initially, the couple had plans to take a long weekend type trip, perhaps two or three nights. As costs were considered and as a proposal and engagement was discussed, a longer trip was decidedly the way to go. Once Nicholas became certain he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Larisa, what better place to propose than at Disney World? Actually, without all of the details of the couples' relationship history, deep down, Nicholas must have known all along he would spend the rest of his life with Larisa. It just took Nicholas some time to mature and realize the decision on his own terms, and it was that decision that spawned this trip. So the months of May, June and July brought planning and discussion dealing with everything from where the couple would stay, to what they would eat each day, to what park they would be in each day, even to what they would wear each day. Spreadsheets were the norm to plan this vacation.

Travel to Disney World commenced on July 25th at about 8:00 a.m. when Larisa's mother graciously drove the couple to the airport in Baltimore, MD. The trip went smoothly and the soon-to-be fiances were immediately engulfed by the Disney spirit with the Magical Express shuttle service taking them to the Port Orleans Riverside resort. After a brief check-in, Larisa and Nicholas departed for the Magic Kingdom and dinner with Winnie the Pooh characters at the Crystal Palace. Entering the Magic Kingdom and seeing Main Street and Cinderella castle for the first time together brought tears to Larisa's eyes and joy to Nicholas' heart. On the second day in Disney World together Magic Kingdom was the plan for the day, with a break in the afternoon to return to the Port Orleans Riverside resort to shower and change. From there an evening back at the Magic Kingdom would bring dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table at Cinderella Castle. The weather was seasonal and typical for a July day in Florida. Both enjoyed a productive and enjoyable day of rides and attractions in the Magic Kingdom, from Space Mountain to It's a Small World. Unbeknownst to Larisa, a lunch time stroll by Cinderella's Royal table for Nicholas to inspect the check-in procedure for reservations was an attempt to firm up the proposal plan. The beginnings of the proposal plan occurred when Nicholas made the phone call to Disney Dining for reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table at Cinderella Castle for July 26th. With the setting for the moment in place, the finishing touches were provided with a few calls to Disney Florist.

Larisa knew that a proposal would occur at some point during the trip, since Nicholas allowed that to be discussed in planning the trip. However, Larisa did not know the exact moment, place or means with which the proposal would occur. Nicholas had to leave some element of surprise. With Larisa aware of all of the dinner reservations the couple had planned during their trip, surely she would expect a dinner at Cinderella Castle to be the moment. Determined to surprise her in some way, Nicholas pretended to be feeling ill during the afternoon of the day they would dine at Cinderella's Royal Table. Stomach problems were to blame and the better to have a good excuse to step away from the table when it was time to propose. Surely saying he had to use the restroom, while not feeling well, would provide ample time to put the aforementioned finishing touches on the proposal plan. In addition, as part of his strategy, as the couple was getting ready at their resort to depart for dinner, in a serious tone, Nicholas told Larisa the moment would not be tonight. He explained that the couple would still have a wonderful time at dinner tonight, but that he had something else planned during the trip and the proposal would not be tonight. Disappointed, Larisa questioned are you sure it will not be tonight, definitely not? Nicholas allowed he could not say definitely, and that if the moment was right it could be a possibility. But Nicholas also explained that he was uncertain what the environment would be like inside the Castle, that there was too much unknown so he had something else in mind later in the trip. Satisfied that Nicholas had convinced Larisa the proposal would not be tonight, the young lovers left the resort for the evening to travel back to the Magic Kingdom for the second time that day.

As the time for the dinner reservation approached, Larisa insisted the couple had time for one more ride. Mickey's Philharmagic, a 3-D cartoon montage of Disney movies was the pre-dinner chosen attraction. Already nervous about the evening's events going just right, Nicholas now waited in line for the Mickey show worrying about the time. Nicholas and Larisa emerged from the show with plenty of time to check in for the reservation. Now it was time for Nicholas to put the plan to action. A stroll to the bathroom allowed some much necessary time to contemplate the first step. Nicholas had to check in for dinner without Larisa hearing the dialogue with the hostess. A gift shop called Sir Mickey's afforded the perfect diversion. Casually, Nicholas suggested that Larisa check out the gift shop Sir Mickey's, just across from the front desk of Cinderella's Royal Table.

With heart racing, but still in control, Nicholas meandered through a few people to arrive at the front desk. Explaining the situation, the hostess was unfortunately not able to help as Nicholas had hoped and the manager would need to be called. Nicholas was then asked to step inside the Castle, actually right where Cinderella was taking pictures with dinner guests, to wait for the manager. As the hostess led him in, Nicholas asked but what if my girlfriend comes to look for me? The hostess replied, I will tell her you went to the men's room. That is as good an idea as any Nicholas allowed, thinking to himself. The likely three minute wait for the manager seemed like an eternity and when she arrived, Nicholas stumbled all over his words trying to explain the situation. Good news, the manager explained. The secondary piece to the proposal, the arrangement from Disney Florist was at the restaurant and had arrived. The primary piece was of course the ring, and that had been secured in Nicholas' pocket all trip. After the manger explained what the Castle could have arranged as a proposal package, had they been notified prior to checking in for dinner, Nicholas opted to stick with his plan. The manager's options did sound appealing, either having the wait staff deliver the arrangement or conjuring up a plan that would bring Larisa and Nicholas into the main room, with just Cinderella. This latter option involved an employee telling the couple at dinner that their complimentary picture included with dinner had some problems. Thus they were needed downstairs, which resulted in them being in the same room as Cinderella. Larisa would then somehow be distracted and when she turned around, Nicholas would be down on one knee. Sounds nice and it would have been. However, Nicholas had a plan and as nervous as he was, it was not time to venture into ideas not already calculated. In amongst his confused rambling to the manager, Nicholas explained the couple was shy, and something to the effect of they did not want a great deal of attention.

As Nicholas left the Castle, he was relieved to find Larisa still in Sir Mickey's and seemingly unsuspecting of anything out of the normal. With the hostess notifying him to check back in ten minutes or so, the couple decided to take a stroll around the Castle. For Nicholas, it was getting next to impossible to concentrate on anything but wondering how this was all going to work out. As they arrived back at the Castle, the young lovers waited patiently in line pondering what to eat, and finally they entered the Castle, seeing Cinderella and the main room for what Larisa thought was the first time for both of them. More waiting brought more nervousness to the future groom. Eventually it was their turn to have photos with Cinderella, with Larisa and Nicholas on each side as pictures were taken. To follow the pictures, more waiting ensued. Now Nicholas was wondering if sticking to his plan was the best course. Perhaps this restaurant was family style seating, and everyone around them would hear what he was doing. Possibly there was only a small room with a handful of tables and the entire room would know what was going on. The uncertainty made time crawl. In hindsight, the fact that people could be watching Nicholas propose was not a big deal. But at the time, the idea of an audience did not seem to calm the nerves. Finally, the couple was called to climb the stairs up to the dining area. To Disney's credit, the actual wait to eat was reasonable. Just the circumstances made it seem difficult to handle, at least for the soon to be fianc.

At the top of the stairs, the first table in sight looked to be a long family style table, or possibly two large tables close together. Upon first glance, the environment was not what Nicholas had hoped. How quickly things improved. As the couple was led into the dining area, the atmosphere gave the feeling of a castle in a fairy tale, from the windows, to the high ceiling and the overall architecture of the dining area. To both of their surprise, Nicholas and Larisa were seated at easily the best table in the restaurant. The table was small, for two, right in front of a large stained glass window peering out into the park. As an added bonus, the table had ample space between the surrounding tables, to at least ensure some privacy. Nicholas thought to himself how perfect this was and there was no doubt this spot would be where he would propose. Larisa's surprise was more evident, as she questioned whether or not her hopeful fiance had arranged for this. Not wanting to give anything away, Nicholas explained that he was not going to tell her just yet, even though this table had not in fact specifically been arranged for the couple. Perhaps when calling to make reservations, when Nicholas mentioned he was planning to propose, Disney made note and certainly made a perfect setting for the occasion.

To start off dinner, appetizers were ordered and Nicholas opted for a salad, with Larisa trying a soup. For the main entree, Larisa chose prime rib and for Nicholas it was lamb chops. The waitress seemed nice and friendly, despite the hustle and bustle of the restaurant. In a discussion with the couple about how great a deal it is to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table, in explaining the benefits, the waitress casually remarked you get to see a show. A show, Nicholas thought to himself, somewhat alarmed. Maybe she made a mistake and there really wasn't a show. A show, now that could be trouble. What if the moment Nicholas chooses to propose, Disney characters are prancing all around the restaurant? Things could get interesting, and as if Nicholas wasn't nervous enough. So when dinner arrived, Larisa slowly enjoyed her entre, savoring every bite. On the other hand, Nicholas was on a mission, finish this meal so he could propose before this so-called show may or may not begin.

After satisfactorily finishing his meal, Nicholas decided it was now time. Further waiting would only add to the nervousness. So he told Larisa he had to use the restroom and he politely insisted that she not leave the table, lest the waitress think the two had left for the evening. To add to the plan, Nicholas had been telling Larisa for the majority of the afternoon that his stomach had not been feeling well. So a lengthy trip to the bathroom after dinner would not have been all that alarming, and a lengthy trip it would be, although for different reasons of course. As Nicholas approached the stairwell leading downstairs to the main room where Cinderella was, he made sure he was out of sight of Larisa and motioned the nearest waitress. Puzzled, the closest waitress tried to understand what Nicholas was explaining. Tensely, Nicholas attempted to explain he had an arrangement here and needed the manager. Once Nicholas mentioned he was going to propose to his girlfriend immediately the waitress understood what was taking place and made some comment that she loved when you guys do that, so she went off to fetch the manager. Now waiting in the stairway, with time crawling by ever so slowly, Nicholas realized he had a piece of food, likely part of the lamb chops, stuck right in the center of his front teeth. Wonderful, and of course there was not a toothpick in sight, nor dental floss. After all, the stair way would be an odd place to keep that sort of thing anyway. To add to the food being stuck, now Nicholas' stomach really was beginning to bother him, but he brushed that off as nerves and it was likely all part of the experience.

As the manager appeared, she explained to Nicholas that she wanted him to wait right there and that she would be back. Excellent opportunity for Nicholas to head to the bathroom and remedy the teeth situation, so he told the manager he would head to the bathroom and be right back here. Once in the bathroom and in a desperate situation to dislodge what was in his teeth, Nicholas turned to the towel dispenser. He clicked out a few inches of paper towel, folded it to a sturdy crease and removed the piece of food in between his teeth. This trip to the restroom also gave Nicholas time to prepare the ring for the proposal, since he had been keeping it in a box. He opened the box and the jewelry box inside just to make sure the ring was still there. How embarrassing would that be? With the ring ready to present in its jewelry box and with the small teeth dilemma under control, it was now really time to focus and he headed back up to the top of the stairway, awaiting the manager. The wait was reasonable, especially given the circumstances, and the manager appears with a tray covered by a cloth, explaining she wanted to hide it just in case it happened to be seen in transport. With a peek under the cloth, Nicholas was seeing the arrangement for the first time and was in awe. It was just perfect. Expensive, but it was perfect. Besides, you can't really put a price on this one of a kind, once in a life time event anyway. Clumsily asking how best to proceed from there, the manager essentially told Nicholas it was his show and away he went carrying the platter, uncovered now of course. Not even ten feet into the trip toward the table where Larisa was, a close call and collision with someone else in the restaurant was averted.

The remainder of the short walk to the table, with the platter secured, went smoothly as Nicholas approached the table and Larisa from a behind and diagonal angle. As Nicholas was about five feet away, Larisa's peripheral vision told her to turn and look. The second she saw Nicholas with the tray of pink rose pedals and glass slipper in the center, she began to cry hysterically, covering her face. The image of Larisa in tears, hands over her lower half of her face is one that Nicholas will never forget. Nicholas searched for an area on the table to put the platter down and luckily their waitress was nearby and helped to clear a spot to place the platter, which seemed to take up almost half the table it was so beautiful. With the platter down and the waitress stepping away it was time for the magical moment. Nicholas placed his hand on Larisa's shoulder and gave his pre-planned speech. To the best of his memory and trying to stay as close to plan as the moment and excitement would allow, Nicholas said: Larisa, you are my everything, and I love you unconditionally and with all of my heart and it would make my dreams come true if we could spend the rest of our lives together and live happily ever after. With that, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and in a relatively calm motion for the circumstances, got down on one knee with the jewelry box open, exposing the exquisite and breathtaking ring, and Nicholas said: Larisa, will you marry me? With a resounding yes, Nicholas stood joyfully and the couple embraced, as tears of joy streamed from Larisa's face. Nicholas was obviously thrilled to hear the response from Larisa, but also relieved that everything had went so well.

It took the couple a few seconds to realize what was going on around them. At this point the entire restaurant was acknowledging their moment, with everyone clapping, cheering and on their feet. The sound of the cheers was so pleasant and heartwarming. This was certainly not expected, and Nicholas thought to himself how nice this was and since his back was turned he needed to acknowledge these people in return. So he turned to face them and gave a courteous wave, his face surely beat red with embarrassment. What a site, Larisa's face filled with tears of joy and Nicholas blushing. If that doesn't sound like a successful proposal, I'm not sure what does. Now what happened from here was understandably a blur. After a moment or two the newly engaged couple's waitress came back to the table to offer to take some photos, including a reenactment photo. This photo session would turn out to be just the beginning of all the attention the couple would receive.

Moments after the waitress asked to see the ring, and promptly proclaimed 'he was a keeper', the manager also came over to the table and asked to see the ring. In amongst the commotion the couple was asked to order dessert, and attempt to eat it during all of the excitement. Larisa ordered a poached pear entre, which would end up scarcely being touched, and Nicholas ordered a chocolate type of cake entre, which he ate but was hard pressed to remember anything about it after the night. Complimentary champagne glasses were also given to the fiances. The waitress also notified Nicholas and Larisa not to go anywhere because more gifts were on there way. Still in the excitement of the moment, both Nicholas and Larisa were pleasingly baffled to be receiving more gifts. After a series of congratulatory remarks from guests of the restaurant at surrounding tables, a professional photographer, one of the photographers taking pictures with Cinderella, came by to take pictures of the newly engaged couple. Upon developing this picture, it would later be brought back to the table as a gorgeous 8 x 10 inch photograph, compliments of the Castle. This picture was not the only additional gift brought to the table, as a Royal Engagement Certificate, signed by Cinderella herself was also given to Nicholas and Larisa. Overwhelmed by the unexpected attention and gifts, the fiances scarcely noticed a character show had begun in the restaurant. The Fairy Godmother was there, along with the mice from Cinderella. These mice periodically came around to the new fiances' table, looking at the ring, jumping up and down, and shaking Nicholas' hand in approval. It was quite entertaining. It was embarrassing, but entertaining as well. During the show, the Fairy Godmother asked the restaurant if anyone was celebrating anything special this evening. She went through the standard list of celebrations, asking if anyone there was celebrating anniversaries or birthdays. There were a few birthdays, which Nicholas reasoned that these kids celebrating their birthdays must be disgusted with all of the commotion caused by the proposal. After all, they just want their cake and presents. So when the Fairy Godmother asked if anyone had recently been engaged, one gentleman across the room started to enthusiastically point in the direction of Nicholas and Larisa's table. As the Fairy Godmother made her way to the fiances' table, she examined the ring and proclaimed that he was a keeper. She also held a brief conversation with the couple and then concluded by telling the restaurant they all needed to leave their names and addresses because they were all invited to the wedding!

As it came time to leave the restaurant, Nicholas left the waitress an extra tip, even though gratuity had already been included in the prepaid price of this meal. Upon leaving, the waitress gave a hug to both Nicholas and Larisa and wished them well. Glowing all the way through their walk to leave the restaurant, the fiances received many warm smiles from complete strangers. Even upon exited the Castle itself, one of the Disney Cast Members working at the reception desk remarked to Nicholas and Larisa how they were such a beautiful couple. Also after leaving the Castle, it was as if Larisa and Nicholas were both in some magical dream. Here they both were, newly engaged, in the happiest place on earth, during the happiest moment of their young lives. Everything in the park was lit up, people were lining the streets awaiting the magnificent fire works display which would begin in a short while behind the Castle. Nearing 9:30 in the evening, it was now time to call Larisa's parents to tell them of the wonderful news. Not surprised in the least, both of Larisa's parents were still excited to hear the news as Nicholas and Larisa both proclaimed "We're getting married!" After a few minutes of excited dialogue between Larisa and her parents, it was now time to call Nicholas' mom and spread the good news. Of course, Nicholas' mom had known all along that the moment would be tonight, and had actually already left Nicholas a message about 45 minutes ago offering her congratulations. Still, it was nice for Nicholas to tell his mom after it actually happened, as the couple proclaimed "We're getting married!"

After the phone calls were made, the fiances wandered aimlessly around the park, still in awe of the magic of the moment and of the evening. Eventually, a plan was set forth to leave the park and head out to Pleasure Island to celebrate. Actually the couple had been planning all along to go to Pleasure Island tonight, but now they really had an excellent reason to.

Tiffanova
08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
tiffanova - I'm definitely open CSR, my only concern was that I've heard its a conference center resort, so I wasn't sure if it would feel too business-like? Did you get that vibe?

I didn't feel that way at all. I was there for a few hours and it didn't feel any different than any other Disney resort.

RachaelA
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Loved the proposal story! :)

We're getting married May 30. We'll be at Disney May 31-June 9th.

2009 rates are released and we booked today so you can definitely do some price checking. Good luck!

padisneyfour
08-03-2008, 08:11 PM
congrats. what a beautiful story ! congrats....best wishes and have fun planning everything! Our first trip to disney was on our HM :goodvibes

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 04:53 PM
So I think I finally can post an image, here goes ....

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Starting from leaving POR on our way to dinner through a reenactment of the actual event.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-1.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-3.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-4.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-5.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/proposal-6.jpg

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 05:10 PM
My photos don't do justice to the ring, so this is from the designers website. The little gold heart on the bottom holds a very small diamond that is laser engraved "love you forever" you have to look under a microscope to see it, and I have, its very cool.

I love love love my ring!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/23387storyimg-1.jpg

Mama of Indybride
08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
AWWWW...

You guys are both gorgeous! What a beautiful story, and I love getting it from the groom's perspective...

I am excited to share this journey with you, and can't wait to read more!

Congratulations, and I am subscribing!

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Here is our announcement which I designed and handcrafted. Before you think I am completely insane, I should mention that I'm a graphic designer and this is what I do for a living. We were engaged in July, but the announcements took a little longer than anticipated to create, so it morphed into a Christmas card combo. I always make my own Christmas cards, so this actually worked out to kill two birds with one stone.

Most of the papers, including the envelopes I used have a metallic shimmer, which doesn't translate well on screen, but definitely adds a magical quality in person.

Outside Envelope
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-envelope-1.jpg

Inside Package (Three parts bundled with a gold thread.)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce_insidepackage.jpg

Part 1 - The Christmas Card
Featuring aqua satin ribbon and Swarovski crystals.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scanchristmas_small.jpg

Part 2 - The Book (Our Storybook Announcement)
Note the photostrips, from each year of our courtship.

Outside Cover. Gorgeous metallic gold embossed paper. The book is hand sewn together with gold thread.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scancover-2.jpg

Open it up and ...
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scan-web-1.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scan-web2.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scan-web3.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scanweb4.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-scanweb5.jpg

Part 3 - Wedding Website Info Card
(contained in little aquamarine envelope)
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/announce-webcard-small.jpg

dalepool
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Oh MY, Your work is just beautiful. I see you own your own business-- hummmm-- I am saving your Dis Information for possible future use :). What a beautiful couple. I love stories where the Bride and Groom started out as friends.

Patty

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh MY, Your work is just beautiful. I see you own your own business-- hummmm-- I am saving your Dis Information for possible future use :). What a beautiful couple. I love stories where the Bride and Groom started out as friends.

Patty

Oh thank you!!!

nickandlarisa
08-10-2008, 11:57 PM
So I'm very much a visual person, if you can't tell. When I scroll through other journals I love seeing photos, so hopefully you do, too.

Here are our engagement photos taken last fall at my parent's farm in Maryland.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_1.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engageBW-2.jpg

This one is our favorite!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_4.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engageBW-3.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_8.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_6.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engageBW-1.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_2crop.jpg

This one is funny to us because we don't ever actually look like this with such serious faces!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engage_7.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engagement_11.jpg

The end!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/engageBW-4.jpg

Goldeelox9
08-11-2008, 12:12 PM
What a great story! I can not wait to read all about it. You may want to consider renting Disney Vacation Club Points and staying at a deluxe resort. It ended up being cheaper for us to do this then to stay at a Moderate. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 6 nights for around $700 TOTAL!

nickandlarisa
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
What a great story! I can not wait to read all about it. You may want to consider renting Disney Vacation Club Points and staying at a deluxe resort. It ended up being cheaper for us to do this then to stay at a Moderate. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 6 nights for around $700 TOTAL!

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. It seems a little intimidating though, was it easy enough to do? Any advice on how to start looking? I saw the board on DVC rent/trades but even that seems confusing! I understand the points, we went to a DVC meeting last year, didn't buy, but got all the info. TIA!

Goldeelox9
08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
First you should figure out where you want to stay and add up how many points you will nee for both legs of the trip. Then just start looking on the Rent/Trade Board (it would be good to be able to buy all your points from one seller). I found a great guy who sold me our points for only $8 a point. The going price is between $10 & $12. Then you contact the person directly, we use email alot and have called a few times. My Seller booked our room and then sent me the confirmation from Disney and I sent him a check. It is alot on the honor system, but it was smooth as can be! We got a great room we can afford and will get to stay in a hotel we never dreamed possible!

TinkAsh2001
08-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Just wanted to stop in & say hi! I am a June 09 bride also! 6-6-09. We are having an at home wedding & a disneymoon. June 8-12.

IndyBride
08-19-2008, 02:05 AM
What beautiful pictures you have!! I really like your shirt that you are wearing!

marsa1969
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Love your pics!! Was reading the engagement story here at work and got a little misty. I've been married for 17 years, but I still a sucker for love.:love:
We rented points from a DVC member for our June 08 vacy. Got a studio at SSR for around $940.00. We paid the owner through paypal, it was great.

Keira1387
09-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Beautiful Engagement Pictures!

the4princesses
09-15-2008, 01:07 AM
What beautiful engagement pictures!!1:lovestruc

I just love them!!! Ya'll are a beautiful couple.

nickandlarisa
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
First I want to thank everyone for the kind comments and apologize for being MIA recently on these boards. The past few weeks have been mad chaos for our wedding plans but things have finally settled down and there is a happy ending ...

Here's what's been going on. As you probably read, we were engaged July 2007, so we started hunting for the perfection reception venue in the fall of 2007 and found a place we absolutely loved. We paid our deposit and we were quite proud of ourselves for being so far in advance of our June 20, 2009 date. All the time in the world! So we booked our church and photographer, but then took a little break with planning. Several vendors (cake, DJ, etc.) took our info but said to call back in the spring because we were so far out from our date they didn't even have their 09 calendars ready yet! So we enjoyed fiance bliss for a few months with no major planning. I did get my dress, so that was productive, and I will post some pics and tell that story later.

Almost a year had passed from when we secured our reception site. Nick's mom was planning a visit to Maryland so we wanted to show her the site while she was in town. So I contacted our on-site coordinator at our reception venue to set up a meeting. We had been in touch through sporadic emails and voicemails over the past few months, so it wasn't as if there was no communication for a year. Well a few days passed and she wasn't responding to my emails or calls. This was mid-summer of this year (08) so I gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was on vacation. Another week went by and still nothing. We jokingly said around the house ... "maybe she doesn't work there anymore!" That was the last thing we hoped was going on because the woman we were working with was probably the main reason we chose the venue we did. She was wonderful and really gave the impression she would take care of us on our wedding day like we were her own children.

So finally I decided to call the general manager of the venue to see what the story was. When he asked who we were working with as our coordinator and I respond, there was the dreaded awkward silence on the other end ... "I'm sorry, so-and-so is no longer with the company." Oh no. A wave of panic overcomes me. First things first, why did no one contact us?? She was the only one we were ever really in touch with and the system in the her office of keeping track of our information was old fashion paper and file folders, not on the computer. Now I really start to sweat ... what if our folder was lost or never passed on to someone else. A year has passed, maybe they have no record of us and have already given our date away!?! The manager tells me I will be contacted by a new coordinator and I relax for a few minutes.

The new coordinator calls. She has our information ... thank God!! We plan to meet with her the following weekend with both of our mothers and things seem to be looking up. Nick's mom loves the location and the new coordinator is ok, not as warm and fuzzy as the last lady we worked with, but I'm so relieved at this point after the fear they had no record of us, I don't really mind. After taking a look at the grounds we meet in the conference room to review our contract, sign, and pay the second half of our deposit. (The first half was just to secure the date and we had not signed anything yet.) We were given a menu with prices and were informed of the site fee, so we had a ballpark figure in mind for what we would be paying. Then I noticed something unexpected on the contract ... service fee. This was not tax or gratuity, or even the absurd site fee we were already paying, this was a brand new item that was over $3,000!! Hang on a minute. What is this? We were never told about this charge before?? Wave of panic number 2.

The new coordinator says this is their policy and claims she doesn't know why our original coordinator never mentioned it. We reiterate that we were told about the site fee, (which is substantial), menu prices, tax, gratuity, but never an additional unexplainable $3,000 service charge? Worried now we can't even afford this wedding, I break down. The coordinator, who is less than sympathetic, says she will speak to her manager and see if there is something we can work out. We leave and I continue to loose it on the car ride home.

The next day the coordinator emails us with a revised contract, reflecting a reduced service charge. They are not charging gratuity because it is part of the service charge. Its still way more than just a straight gratuity charge, its not great but its a compromise I suppose. We still had a hard time figuring out their math because they were taking a percentage of the after-tax menu price and then taxing that service charge amount, so we were getting taxed twice on the same money essentially. And then there was the issue of the hors d'eouvres. There weren't set packages, you pick a la carte which passed or stationary hors d'eouvres you want. We chose several passed options, but were being charged $800 for a stationary cheese display that we didn't want. Maybe we are being picky at this point, but we are on a budget and even I who loves cheese cannot justify my 125 guests eating $800 worth of little cheese cubes. The coordinator responds that not providing the cheese display may not be within their quality standards or something to that effect, so she will have to talk to her manager about taking it off of our contract. We go back and forth for 2 or 3 days with emails and phone calls trying to get this contract to something we can all agree on. And then nothing .... we don't hear back from them for a week.

We fell in love with this place for the customer service shown by our original coordinator. And now we've come to the awful realization that maybe we should look for another location .... (to be continued.)

Goldeelox9
09-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Larissa....I am in Maryland too...can you pm me the bad location so I can have my friends and family stay away from it. What horrible service!

Disneylove1228
09-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Omg I feel so bad about you for all the service you've been getting!! =[

I too, and on a budget... luckily I found something out of state (destination!) that isn't too bad but my heart goes out to you!

Read your entry of the proposal at Disney... Uhh, can you say amazing?! :) You two are the cutest couple and I wish you all the BEST!!!!

YAY For getting married!!

I'll subscribe! I'm hooked! :goodvibes

nickandlarisa
09-27-2008, 11:58 AM
(the sage continues ...)

So after about a week of not hearing anything from our original venue, we start to seriously consider plan B. I should mention here that in our meeting with the coordinator she assured us that since we had yet to sign a contract, we could get back our deposit.

About a year after searching for a reception venue the first time, we are back to square one. I probably contacted every possible location in a 50 mile radius and gave new meaning to having an "open mind." My mom and I went on all of the preliminary visits (Nick is another state for Grad school so we have limited weekends for planning together.) I was going to take Nick to those that were a definite possibility on his next visit. Every time I got my hopes up about a new place, there always seemed to be some draw back.

We were still trying to contact the original venue, but after about 2 weeks, we made the decision that no matter what they came back and told us, there was no way we were going to have our wedding with them. It wasn't even about the money at this point, and the ridiculous charges, it really was more about the complete and total lack of customer service.

So after countless visits to new venues, (who knew there even so many in the area!) I was tired and desperate. My mom laughed and said, "I think you're really going to like this next one." She sounded like a cheesy real estate agent like you see on tv, but I stuck with my new mantra .... "open mind, open mind."

We pull up to the venue, a country club. We've been to several other similar locations so nothing is strikingly different at first. We go inside and meet with the manager. I like the initial look of things, the foyer area, the decor. Then we walk into the reception room. If this were a movie, this is the moment when beams of light would shine down and you would hear a choir of "Alleluia!" It was stunning and perfect in every way. The shape of the room is like a half circle, with panoramic windows along the curved side overlooking a scenic lawn and river. We had already seen a menu with pricing before our arrival, so the even better news was that not only could we afford this place, but it was actually a bit of a savings from our original location. I was elated.

Ah, but there is a catch. Our date, June 20, 2009 is already booked. Of course it is. We had already booked our church, photographer, and the cruise portion of our honeymoon, all of which pose a major dilemma in considering a date change.

Nick was on his way down to Maryland and we had planned to visit 3 or 4 of the top contenders that weekend. In my mind there was only one contender, this fabulous country club, but the date change was a major issue. Nick did not want to change the date, that is if it were even possible at this point. I had been there too, but after calling and visiting way too many venues, I was more than willing to budge on that one. There are many factors we had to work around, if we did change the date. Nick's potential graduation date from grad school in May, a cousin's wedding in August with many of the same family members traveling to both. The situation was not ideal.

The weekend before our original date was the best fit, but that was already booked with our church. The country club gave me a list of available dates May-July. The church also gave me a list of dates. Our Disney travel agent said it would be possible to change our cruise date and not loose our deposit. It came down to only 2 dates that matched up with the church and the country club. The first was memorial day weekend, which we already knew of some family conflicts, so that left July 18, 2009.

I still had to convince Nick. That weekend we went to several places, but each had there drawback. When he saw the country club he immediately fell in love with it as I had, and the decision was made. We called the church, called the travel agent, gave a deposit, and just like that, we had a new wedding date and an even better reception location that what we had before. I later called the photographer, because we decided we had to take this date even if he was booked. Fortunately he wasn't so we were able to change all aspects of our plans to the new date.

This may be cliche, but I really do believe everything does happen for a reason. We didn't even know about this country club when we set out on our originally planning. If things hadn't gone sour with our original venue, we would have never found this new wonderful place. We are just so thankful that everything transpired well enough in advance that we were able to change the date and all other details, and weren't stuck with crummy service.

We eventually did hear from the original place, and instead of offering any real information or revised contract, they just wanted to try and work things out. We politely told them there was nothing to work out and we wanted our deposit back. After about a month, they finally sent a check.

So now everything is settled and we are starting to move forward with the rest of planning. Thank goodness for two year engagements!

nickandlarisa
09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
So, I got my dress ...

The process actually began many months ago, shortly after we got engaged. The first place I went with my mom, it was a snooty designer little boutique that I had passed a million times and was excited to finally have a reason to go in. I was traumatized by that experience. After 3 dresses, the designer was baffled why I had not found the perfect dress. “Most brides try on only one and it is perfect.” Really?? I don’t think so. We couldn’t even get a ballpark figure on prices so I was pretty much done with this place. I had an assistant helping me put on the dresses, but when it came time to change back into my clothes, I was startled when the designer walked in on me stark naked and proceeded to interrogate me on why I wasn’t being measured to order a dress from her. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Dress experience number 2 was much better. Like many brides on these boards I’m sure, the Disney line of wedding gowns intrigued me. There was only one shop in about a 2-hour radius that carried the gowns, and they happened to have a trunk show coming up! It worked out that I was traveling in that direction for a skating competition that same weekend, so my mom and I planned a stop. I was soooo excited to see this dresses, although not super excited about the prices. I tried on all sorts of princess gowns, and they were so pretty in the magazines and online, but nothing looked “special” on me. Slightly disappointed, we left that shop empty handed. In a way I was slightly relieved. It would have been even worse to find a dress I loved and not been able to comfortably afford it. I was glad I got to see the Disney dresses, and had no regrets that a Disney dress was not for me.

Several months later I planned a day with my mom and three of my eight bridesmaids (the 3 that are local) to hit up the local bridal shop scene. Our first stop was a medium size bridal salon with a nice assortment of gowns. It was here that I finally started to narrow down exactly what kind of dress I really wanted. All along I was certain a puffy princess ball gown was the way to go … an A-Line maybe, but something still very regal looking, with satin. Well, that image started to go out the window as I was drawn to a sleeker silhouette and different types of fabric. I was really liking lace, who know! At this shop there were several dresses where I liked the top, but not the bottom, or vice versa. At least I knew what to look for now, so even though I didn’t find “the dress” it was still a very productive beginning to our day. Next stop, lunch at Panera Bread, mmm. Nice and stuffed it’s on to David’s Bridal.

I have to preface this next stop with the fact that I was not thrilled about going to David’s initially. I had been there several times with friends/family looking for their gowns, and was not excited about the warehouse feel, and sometimes less than stellar service I had experienced. On this day we went to a different David’s location than I had been to before, and almost two years had passed since my last David’s trip. Maybe things have changed or maybe I had just been to a bad location before, but from the moment I walked in, I felt completely different and things were looking up.

Everything was clean and there was a nice layout to the store with lots of dresses on mannequins, not just on the rack. We checked in at the little concierge desk at the front of the store and were immediately greeted by the associate that would be working with us. She gave each of us a copy of the catalog and suggested we look through and mark dresses we were interested in, and she would go around and pull them for me. (When I had been to David’s before you walked around and pulled the dresses yourself, but like with all dress shops, it’s hard to tell what a dress really looks like when its on a hanger.) My maid of honor and I both flipped to the same dress at first, and told the lady this was a definite to try on. We had actually seen that particular dress in a bridal magazine the other day and I didn’t realize it was a David’s ad. My mom goes crazy marking just about every dress, and we make our way to some chairs and a fitting room. I should mention that all of the staff we encountered were friendly and super helpful.

Our dress lady brings back the first round of dresses, and the one my MOH and I had liked was there. They only had one in the store and it happened to be my size, so that’s the one I tried on first. I can hardly contain my excitement as I come fluttering out of the fitting room. I LOVE IT!!!! I scan the faces of my friends and they love it, too. But my mom, who has been quick to express her opinion on other dresses, sits there stoic and silent. My MOH and leans over and asks her what she thinks. She replies, “It’s beautiful.” Everyone tears up.

Yay! This is the one. I prance around for a while and don’t want to take it off. I definitely don’t want to try on any others, but decide to anyway, just to reaffirm my decision. Nothing else compares and I almost can’t believe that I found my perfect dress. Even better its on sale and we save $200. We place the order, and leave the store all smiles. That night for a few minutes I second-guess my decision. It all happened so quickly for such an important component of the wedding day! I look at my page torn from the catalog that I have propped up on my dresser, and I reassure myself that this is “the dress.”

So throughout the dress process, I learned a couple of things.

One … all wedding dresses are pretty. Well, maybe 99%, there are always a few super ugly ones you see from time to time, usually the super high fashion ones that no one you actually know would ever wear. The point is, any dress is pretty in a magazine, but what I had to consider was what is going to be pretty on me. We all have different body types with certain areas we want to enhance or conceal. I discovered that a sweetheart neckline was most flattering on me to help boost my bust line (or lack thereof.) I also have the blessing and the curse of what I fondly refer to as my “ghetto booty.” I embraced this physical feature with the fitted trumpet silhouette.

Two … try on all sorts of styles, you never know what you will like until you put it on. I should have already known this one from helping friends in the past, who ended up with something completely different than what they started out looking for. This goes for fabric and silhouette. If I had a closed mind, I would have never even considered the dress I fell in love with. My mom jokingly said she was never going to listen to me again on things I wanted for the wedding because for months I said I wanted a satin ball gown and I definitely did not want lace or a mermaid/trumpet style.

So here it is, some screen shots from the David’s website and a few of me trying on the sample at the store. This was in the summer and I had just been to the beach a few days before so I had really bad sun burn! What an idiot, I know, I will be sure to tan evenly before the big day!

Let me know what you think!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture3.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture5.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture4.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_2793.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_2792.jpg

TinkAsh2001
09-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I love your dress it is very pretty!!!

SnowWhite09
10-01-2008, 05:51 AM
You're dress looks beautiful Larisa! My dress has a similar neckline and of course I love it. We are having our honeymoon at Disneyland (coming from Australia) and I can't wait. Only 7 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to go!!!

Congratulations and I hope everything goes well on your big day!:goodvibes

lpizzuro123
10-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Wonder dress - it is completely perfect for you.

Linda

nickandlarisa
10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
I love your dress it is very pretty!!!

You're dress looks beautiful Larisa! My dress has a similar neckline and of course I love it. We are having our honeymoon at Disneyland (coming from Australia) and I can't wait. Only 7 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to go!!!

Congratulations and I hope everything goes well on your big day!:goodvibes

Wonder dress - it is completely perfect for you.

Linda

Thank you everyone!!! When I ordered my dress they said it would be ready in October, so I can't wait!

trudy88
10-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Your dress is beautiful and your announcements are GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see your invitations!
trudy <><

29apr00
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Beautiful Dress, your announcements are just too cute! They are so beautiful! great job!

Sorry about the fiasco with the 1st venue, but i'm glad it all worked out and you are now happy again!!

IndyBride
10-06-2008, 05:55 PM
What a beautiful dress!! You look so happy in it! I can't believe all that nonsense with your reception location. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Goldeelox9
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
You look so pretty in your dress. isn't it funny how you have one "look" in your mind until you start trying dresses on?

PixieDustandEeyore
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
wow what designer made that ring its gorgeous? Id love to look at the designer's website!!!!! and your dress is gorgeous I love that cut on you

nickandlarisa
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
wow what designer made that ring its gorgeous? Id love to look at the designer's website!!!!! and your dress is gorgeous I love that cut on you

The designer is Mark Schneider www.markschneiderdesign.com (is it okay to post websites??)

I saw an ad in a bridal magazine that belonged to a friend almost two years before we were engaged and fell in love with his designs. I knew I wanted something unique yet totally feminine. I steered Nick in the right direction but the ultimate decision was his and he did a great job!!! Mine is called "mystic." Mark Schneider is from California and there was only one store in the state of Maryland that carried his designs at the time I got my ring, and it was actually local to me!

People always ask what I will do for wedding band. They will make a custom design that fits into all the nooks and crannies of the e-ring so they fit together. What's even cooler is that Mark himself is coming to the store in Maryland where Nick got my ring, for a special "ladies night out" event the jewelry store does once a year. They invite someone to schmooze you on diamonds, a representative for pearls, and one jewelry designer, plus all their loyal customers with free champagne and HEAVY hors d'oeuvres. (I think that's a funny way to describe hors d'oeuvres, haha.) Anyway, I am so long winded, my apologies! So this event is in November and I'm excited because I get to meet Mark and discuss the details of the wedding band that he will design. I got a price range and its not astronomical, so even better!

nickandlarisa
10-07-2008, 11:55 PM
So today I tried to think of all the things we have done so far for the wedding and what there is left to do. I wanted to share and this helps me keep track, too! I will post pics soon of some of the things we have purchased or I have made that I haven’t shared yet. Please, let me know if there is anything that I am totally forgetting about?!?! Just over 9 months to go, I can’t believe how fast time is starting to fly!!!

DONE
• Theme: Old World Fairytale
• Colors: Aquamarine, Gold, Plum, Cherry Blossom Pink
• Booked Church (officiant, cantor, organist included)
• Booked Reception Site – for the second time, sticking with this one!
• My dress – ordered and paid, fits like a glove, hopefully no/minimal alterations
• Booked horse and carriage – from the church to the reception is about a 20 min drive, so the horse and carriage will meet us at the reception, at the start of the lane and take us up to the main building and we can pose for photos. The horses are Clydesdales!!
• First Dance – “At Last” by Etta James (we will have known each other for 10 years , dated for 9 years, engaged for 2 years, come our wedding day, so it seemed appropriate! Nick really wanted a country song at first but then we agreed on something timeless and classic instead of something current so this was a perfect fit for us.)
• Father/Daughter dance – “Lara’s Theme” from Dr. Zhivago, (I was named after the character Lara in this movie. Lara is the shortened name of Larisa. On a side note, Larisa is actually a common Eastern European name, my dad was born in Ukraine and immigrated as a child, so my Ukrainian heritage is very important to me.)
• Toasting glasses – Waterford crystal, we received as an engagement gift from Nick’s dad
• Cake knife - coordinates with glasses, I bought from Waterford outlet, I like nice things at a bargain!
• Engagement Photos – by Skip Faulkner, he is doing our wedding, too. Posted previously.
• Engagement Announcements – by me! Posted previously.
• Wedding website – www.nickandlarisa.com, we have this password protected because I was getting spam on the guest book, but just PM me and I will give you the password if you want to take a look.
• Groom’s wedding band – again we got a deal, my mom and I had each entered a love letter contest at a local jewelry store, we didn’t win, but each participant got a $100 gift certificate. We were able to use both gift certificates towards Nick’s ring, which is a pretty basic white gold band, so he only had to pay a small difference!
• Reserved hotel blocks for guests
• Registered for gifts - Macy’s, Pottery Barn, and my favorite, Williams-Sonoma
• Formally asked bridal party – Nick called his guys, and I being the crafty one, made a little photo book with memories from over the years for each of my eight bridesmaids. I have 3 high school friends, 3 college friends, my cousin and Nick’s sister. Two of my high school girls are my maid and matron of honor which works out with Nick’s two brothers who will both be best men.
• Bridesmaid Welcome & Measurement Packet – made these too.

IN PROGRESS
• Contacted DJ - meeting with him next week
• Contacted Bakery for cake and possible dessert/pastry tray - they will be in touch after this wedding season officially ends, need to think of ideas!
• Contacted Pianist for Cocktail Hour – reception location has a baby grand
• Booked Photographer - need final contract and to pay deposit
• Candy Buffet – I have all of the glass jars, bought at various discount stores like Marshalls, Homegoods.
• Looking at menu & bar options for reception
• Bridesmaid dresses – my mom is making these, we’ve purchased the fabric, taken measurements, and the dresses are underway
• Cardholder for gift table – found a cute whimsical looking birdcage we are painting gold, I will add some flowers/ribbon.
• Save the Dates – I’m working on these now, coming soon
• Bride’s wedding band – I am meeting with the designer in November to work on a custom piece that will fit my engagement ring
• Booked part of honeymoon - (4-night DCL, need to book before and after land stays at WDW)
• Guestbook - 99% sure we are going to order something from the Guestbook Store, love their design and its one less thing I will have to make!
• Rehearsal Dinner Dress – I put this under “in progress” because I already have a dress but not 100% sure I want to wear it for the rehearsal. It’s a black and white polka-dot old fashion looking frock that I call my Minnie mouse dress because I have red paten leather shoes and headband to go with it. If we do a Mickey/Minnie theme rehearsal it will work, but if not I might look for something more elegant, less fun, we’ll see.
• Next Day Farewell – really super low key coffee and donuts/muffins at my parents house, out of town guests can stop by on their way home and we will be there to say farewell before we head to the airport for our Honeymoon

NEED TO DO
• Flowers - find a florist, think about centerpieces
• Pre-Cana (for Catholic ceremony)
• Limo
• Choose a Mother/Son dance song
• Ukrainian Folk Dancers – this is a big MAYBE, but if we can find a troupe and they are reasonably priced, this will be a brief bit of entertainment during dinner that I think would be really fun and unique
• Rehearsal Dinner location (first we need to figure out who is paying for this, but that’s a different story!)
• Place Cards – I will make
• Crystal Tree – I’ll explain this more later, originally was going to make one per table as centerpieces, but now am going to make just one and have it on the table where we display place cards
• Invitations – I will make
• Programs – I will make
• Menu Cards – I will make
• Table Numbers/Names – I will make
• Bags/Boxes for candy buffet
• Thank you cards – I will make
• Hair and makeup ideas and where to go
• Veil
• Headpiece – thinking I don’t want a tiara but maybe a headband or other crystal accents, want to do fresh flowers in my hair, too.
• Shoes - on the hunt for fancy ballet flats, Nick is only about 2 inches taller than me so I want to be as short as possible and the dress length is good with flats or very slight heel.
• Wedding Day Jewelry
• Ceremony Readings/Music – we have a workbook from our church to help us decide
• Welcome bags for guests at hotel
• Bridal Party gifts
• Parents gifts
• A gift for Nick (he already said he wants the latest Play Station system, what a guy! I tried to explain a wedding gift to each other should probably be something sentimental, and he said Play Station is sentimental, haha. We may not even do gifts too each other cause we will be broke, so we’ll see.)

Am I forgetting anything???

WOW, I have a lot of things to design and make!! That’s okay, I get more excited over the little details than the big stuff, I’ll post pics soon and suggestions are always welcome!!

nickandlarisa
10-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Your dress is beautiful and your announcements are GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see your invitations!
trudy <>< Thanks, I'm working on the save-the-dates now, I will post them soon! I'm in my glory making all of these things!!! :dance3:

Beautiful Dress, your announcements are just too cute! They are so beautiful! great job!

Sorry about the fiasco with the 1st venue, but i'm glad it all worked out and you are now happy again!!Its so nice to be happy again and not angry about wedding planning!

What a beautiful dress!! You look so happy in it! I can't believe all that nonsense with your reception location. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.Thank you! And I am super impressed with your posting and how you keep up on everyone's PJs, how do you do it!?!

You look so pretty in your dress. isn't it funny how you have one "look" in your mind until you start trying dresses on?Totally, this was literally the farthest thing from what I pictured but its perfect!

bridetobe789
10-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I posted this in the dress thread but your dress is truly gorgeous and looks like it is made for you!! The cut just fits great! Thanks for the list that you posted .. I may just steal it for myself as well to keep on track lol! :rotfl:

arbolita
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Since I'm another Maryland bride, I'm definitely subscribing!! PM me with what area you live in, maybe we can meet up one day for Wedding/Disneymoon talk =)

Angela0917
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Larisa, I love to hear all your planning!! So glad I found another "home bride"!! :) You and your fiance are goregous, and your dress looks beautiful on you! Oh, and your wedding announcements are fabulous!!!

TinkAsh2001
10-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Sounds great so far! You have soooooo much more done than I do though!
I found a great site to get the 1/2 pint take out boxes with a handle on them. It was super cheap and reasonable even with shipping I thought. I will send it to you in a PM I dont know if I am allowed to post the site on here or not?!

MegKate
10-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Larisa, you look super gorgeous in that dress! It looks like it was made for you. :)

And also I wanted to say how super talented you are - I love those engagement announcements. :goodvibes I can't wait to read (and see) more!

WriteDisney
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Congrats on everything! I really enjoyed reading your trip report so far!

As a fellow Marylander, I'm very curious as to which David's Bridal you found your perfect dress in? (it sounded like the service was quite good) Would you recommend any local businesses in the area that you've used?

Thanks and congrats again! :goodvibes

Boog's Mommy
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

padisneyfour - congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary!

rachaelA - congrats to you, too! Our wedding is June 20th when is yours?

We stayed at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon in 1999 and it was really beautiful. They do have a convention hall, but that doesn't affect the resort themeing whatsoever. We had a pond outside of our room with pretty flowers and ducks, etc. At night when everything is lit up it was really nice as well. They have a bridge that leads over to the pool area, which we took some romantic pcitures on. They also have access to bike rentals and boat rentals. You can rent a boat and drive it down the river to Downtown Disney and back. My husband and I rented one for an hour and it was so relaxing and peaceful. It was just the 2 of us. We packed a little picnic lunch and went cruising. I also love the eatery, because it is themed after an outdoor market with wagons of food etc. I think you will definately enjoy it if you booked there.

nickandlarisa
10-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Congrats on everything! I really enjoyed reading your trip report so far!

As a fellow Marylander, I'm very curious as to which David's Bridal you found your perfect dress in? (it sounded like the service was quite good) Would you recommend any local businesses in the area that you've used?

Thanks and congrats again! :goodvibes

I found my dress at the David's in Bowie. The service was very good, and much better than I expected. The David's I had been to in years past that was not so great (but maybe things have changed because its been awhile) was in Glen Burnie.

As far as local vendors/businesses, I'm on the Eastern Shore, so what's local for me might not be local for you. I do most of my shopping in Annapolis, though.

We love our photographer, Skip Faulkner, he did our engagement photos, too. Very excited for our bakery, "Peace of Cake" in Stevensville. Not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but my summer job throughout college was catering at a reception venue on Kent Island, (Kent Manor Inn), so I got a taste of weddings and some of the local vendors. Peace of Cake was always the BEST cake, not that we ate any of it in the back of course ... so I knew that's where I wanted to go for cake. As for stationery, I'm making everything. I work as a graphic designer, so I'm my own recommended vendor for invitations!

nickandlarisa
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
We stayed at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon in 1999 and it was really beautiful. They do have a convention hall, but that doesn't affect the resort themeing whatsoever. We had a pond outside of our room with pretty flowers and ducks, etc. At night when everything is lit up it was really nice as well. They have a bridge that leads over to the pool area, which we took some romantic pcitures on. They also have access to bike rentals and boat rentals. You can rent a boat and drive it down the river to Downtown Disney and back. My husband and I rented one for an hour and it was so relaxing and peaceful. It was just the 2 of us. We packed a little picnic lunch and went cruising. I also love the eatery, because it is themed after an outdoor market with wagons of food etc. I think you will definately enjoy it if you booked there.

Thanks for the insight! I'm definitely torn. I really like the looks of all the moderates. We are definitely going to stay at Riverside for the first part of our trip, because its sentimental for us. The second part is down to CBR or CSR. Ah, decisions decisions! Thank you though for the details of CSR, its helpful to hear from the perspective of honeymooners!

nickandlarisa
10-15-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello there to anyone following along. I didn't have time for an in depth update this week. Nick was visiting for a long weekend, he was off for fall break. In case you didn't read before in our announcements, he is in grad school in upstate NY and I'm about 6.5 hours south in Maryland. So our weekends together are only about once a month, and we try to squeeze in at least a bit of wedding planning while we are together. So we went to interview a DJ which went well and I will fill you in on later. But for now, here is a quick peek at some of thing things we have already figured out but I haven't posted yet.

First, colors, of course on screen doesn't do some of these shades justice but you can get an idea. The main color is aqua or "tiffany blue" whatever you want to call it. The other shades are gold and variations of plum and blossom pink ...
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Coriander.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Antique-Gold.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Aquamarine.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Caspian.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Ruby.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Rhodolite.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Blossom.jpg

Paper I plan to use with various wedding stationery ...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/L-BER745-zm.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/TS-MEBLG-zm.jpg

We have a wedding website which I mentioned before. If you want to take a look just PM and I will send you the password. Here is a screen shot from the page I thought most of you would appreciate! I paid for this site/template through a company called Wedding Pearl.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture9.png

And one more detail to share for now, our toasting flutes.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/139904lg.jpg

trudy88
10-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Everything is beautiful; and I LOVE that paper for stationery.
trudy <><

29apr00
10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Beautiful flutes!!

bridetobe789
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Such a cute pic of the two of you!! The flutes are beautiful!

nickandlarisa
10-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Everything is beautiful; and I LOVE that paper for stationery.
trudy <><
Thanks, I just added another paper I'm using. I got both from a company called Paper Mojo.

Beautiful flutes!!
Even better cause they were a gift to us, every bit of savings helps!

Such a cute pic of the two of you!! The flutes are beautiful!
Thanks, Nick's mom surprised with a gift basket delivered to our room the day after we got engaged. It had wine, cheese, crackers, wine glasses, and the bride/groom ears. We wore the ears around the resort one evening but everyone assumed we were honeymooners and kept congratulating us! It was kind of funny, so we didn't wear them after that, but are saving them for our honeymoon for sure!

nickandlarisa
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
So I do have one more quick thing to share. I put together this little website last year after our engagement trip with a blog and photos if anyone is interested in checking it out. I'm a mac person, and I absolutely love how easy iWeb is to throw together a site like this! This site isn't password protected like our wedding site, so you can just click on the link below to see it.

http://web.me.com/lcherewko/disney

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture10.png

keenercam
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Larisa -- I am so sorry I haven't posted in your PJ before. WOW!! You are so talented and have such a beautiful sense of style. First of all, that gown was made for you. Congratulations on finding "the one"! :bride: Second, Nick did great on the ring and the proposal. What a sweet romantic he is (well, all except for the desire for a video game for his wedding gift! ;) ). Your Christmas card/ announcement and your stationery choices are just gorgeous and I love your engagement pics. I was especially excited to hear that you two met at UD. My DD20 goes there! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more!

nickandlarisa
10-20-2008, 11:30 PM
So this isn't really an update, but a thing you can do on the Knot called my inner bride. If I fell down to Andalasia, this is what I would look like!! I thought my fellow brides might want to try it if you haven't seen this already.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std_11108.jpg

TheDisneyGirl02
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
So this isn't really an update, but a thing you can do on the Knot called my inner bride. If I fell down to Andalasia, this is what I would look like!! I thought my fellow brides might want to try it if you haven't seen this already.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std_11108.jpg

I love your planning journal! My DF and I are planning a wedding at home and then a Disneymoon (and maybe a DCL cruise) for next October. You're journal has helped me with everything that I still need to do!

I'm going to The Knot right now to do this!!!!! :)

Could you tell me what you included in your bridesmaid packets? I was curious about those!

Can't wait to read more!!!

PrincessPirate28
10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Loving everything so far, especially your engagement story!!

Angela0917
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
I love the "Inner Bride" thing!! LOL!

IndyBride
10-22-2008, 12:46 AM
My inner bride looks similiar to yours!!! That's a fun thing to do when you are bored!! great updates! Has your to-do list gotten any smaller?

nickandlarisa
10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Could you tell me what you included in your bridesmaid packets? I was curious about those!

I actually made 2 different things for my bridesmaids. The first was asking them to be in the wedding (a photo album, memory book thing, personalized for each girl) and the second was a package thanking them for accepting the invitation. The main purpose of this piece though was to get measurement info. My mom is making the bridesmaids dresses, so I put together a little bundle that had a measuring tape, a diagram on how to measure yourself, a little reply card for them to fill out and send back to me in a pre-addressed stamped envelope. Also, I included a swatch of the fabric and a lose sketch of what the dress will look like. All of this was in a gold envelope tied with a bow!!

I didn't take pictures of either of these things before I sent them out. But I am going to recreate the measurement packet as a keepsake and I will definitely take a pic and post it cause it doesn't do it justice without a visual.

I have 8 bridesmaid so both projects took FOREVER!!! But like I said before, this is what I do, and what I love to do, so no complaints.

nickandlarisa
10-24-2008, 12:07 AM
I love the "Inner Bride" thing!! LOL!
I saw yours on your PJ, love the doggies!!

My inner bride looks similiar to yours!!! That's a fun thing to do when you are bored!! great updates! Has your to-do list gotten any smaller?
I actually played around with this for way too long when I should be doing more productive things ... ugh like that to-do list. Actually did accomplish a few little things I will post about soon. Your dress pics are gorgeous by the way, on my way over to your PJ to tell you again there!

nickandlarisa
10-24-2008, 12:18 AM
So we did make some progress in general wedding plans since my last update, but the biggest thing this week was my experience at the dentist, which is vaguely wedding related. So I have 2 remaining wisdom teeth that I have been putting off having removed for several years. So Monday I go to the dentist to get a referral for the oral surgeon. I tell him my concern that the wisdom teeth coming in are shifting my other teeth. Well to my surprise the wisdom teeth are not my problem, and I have unrelated shifting (which is making my top teeth slowly protrude out and creating a gap between my two front teeth) and if this goes untreated its only going to get worse. What?!?! He recommends I see an orthodontist. Ahhh, I’m getting married in 9 months!! Long story short, I went today to an orthodontist and I’m getting Invisalign. I had full metal braces as a kid and didn’t want to go that route. So it all came about so quickly and I’m still wrapping my head around this wonderful, unexpected additional expense. Good thing is I will probably be an “express” case and it should only take about 6 months from when I start with the aligners. And since you can take them in and out, even if I’m not 100% done, it won’t be a big deal for the wedding. If it wasn’t for the wedding, and if my teeth were just going to stay how they are right now, no big deal, I wouldn’t do anything. But the whole “its only going to get worse” part had me a little scared. I always figured I would do some whitening strips before the wedding for a nice smile, I never imagined this. Here’s to straight teeth in 2009!!

In other news, when Nick was down two weekends ago, we met with a DJ. He was actually recommended by the chick we didn’t like at our original reception venue. (If you’ve been following along, you know how that turned out.) So I had actually heard of this guy from my catering days, and a good friend is a wedding planner on the side, and had heard good things about him. So we met, liked what he had to say, we liked the price (middle of the road based on what I researched) and so we have a DJ! That was easy! Our only hesitation was we were worried on our ride home that we gave him the wrong impression of us, that we were a rowdy drinking bunch, we are definitely not! So we called and emailed him to clarify we want everything to be family friendly and classy, and then we felt more comfortable with everything and sent him a deposit and contract. He has this online planning tool that I think is general thing a lot of Djs might use, where you can pick out must play, play if time, do not play songs. You can preview songs in iTunes and see top lists of wedding songs. So that will be fun to play around with over the next few months! I don’t even know where to start. So far we have one must play song, “Shout” haha. What else is good for general dancing music???

We also officially booked our photographer. We already had things lined up with him, but now its official. (AKA, we gave him $$$)

We signed up for pre-cana, something we have to do for our Catholic wedding (think marriage preparation course). We opted for a weekend retreat (instead of weekly meetings) and we are doing this in February. Part of the “engaged experience” as its called is a little scantron test we have to take before hand. Its not really a test, its just a bunch of questions we are supposed to answer on our own, and then discuss together to see if we have the same thoughts on things. Anyone else doing a Catholic ceremony?? I am excited for the very traditional and sacred service, but there is definitely a lot of preparation. We have a workbook, too, to help figure out readings and music.

I think that’s all that’s new. I am trying to finish up my save-the-dates so hopefully I can share those soon. Also, I have to take pics of everything else I have. I need more hours in the day!!!

trudy88
10-24-2008, 07:38 AM
sounds like a really good thing. It's easy to focus on a wedding and forget that a marriage follows!
trudy <><

IndyBride
10-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Yikes! I can't believe you almost ended up with braces again!! I can't imagine going through that again! That's great you are starting your classes! I hope it is interesting to you.

Angela0917
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm also having a Catholic ceremony, and we actually did our marriage prep last weekend! There were three ways we could do it, there was the weekend retreat, the weekly classes, or there's a church about 45 minutes from me that does 1 Saturday class from 9-5... of course that's the one we chose!! The priest that did it was very funny, and it wasn't as horribly boring as we thought it was going to be... the topics we went over were A Catholic-Christian Approach to Communications, Finances, Family Planning (aka why Birth Control is EVIL), Raising Children, Conflict Resolution, and Growing Together in Faith and Love. I'm sure yours will probably be similar. We will do FOCCUS in January when we have our Wedding Workshop, and we don't get a list of the readings and music until then. bef

MegKate
10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
We were going to have a Catholic ceremony - only two problems that we found - 1. He's not Catholic, but Protestant. and 2. No Catholic Ceremonies in WDW! EEK! So we're doing non denominational, but it's going to feel weird for me. Oh well :confused3 Good luck with the classes!

And what is it about teeth?! I've been doing some whitening and I noticed that I have one front tooth that seems to have shifted a bit. I'm going to call my dentist and look into it - I really hope that we're not going through the same thing!! :sad2: (No offense - there is no other group more than the DISbrides that I would want to go through orthodontics with, but please no!) ;)

:music:On the music front, have you picked out your first dance song, and mother son, or any of those dances? Other than those songs, I think it's important to pick a mix of music that everyone will be able to groove to - I went to my cousin's wedding two years ago, and she's 40 (I think) and all they had was 70's music. The old people didn't like it, and us "younger" people didn't get it. I mean how does one exactly dance to Sonny and Cher? :confused3 Just keep your guests in mind and mix it up.:goodvibes
:dancer:

nickandlarisa
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
sounds like a really good thing. It's easy to focus on a wedding and forget that a marriage follows!
trudy <><
I agree, it definitely is a good thing. It is easy to lose sight of the fact the wedding is only one day of the rest of our lives together.

Yikes! I can't believe you almost ended up with braces again!! I can't imagine going through that again! That's great you are starting your classes! I hope it is interesting to you.
I can't even fathom braces again, so I'm glad that Invisalign was an option for me!!! :teeth:

I'm also having a Catholic ceremony, and we actually did our marriage prep last weekend! There were three ways we could do it, there was the weekend retreat, the weekly classes, or there's a church about 45 minutes from me that does 1 Saturday class from 9-5... of course that's the one we chose!! The priest that did it was very funny, and it wasn't as horribly boring as we thought it was going to be... the topics we went over were A Catholic-Christian Approach to Communications, Finances, Family Planning (aka why Birth Control is EVIL), Raising Children, Conflict Resolution, and Growing Together in Faith and Love. I'm sure yours will probably be similar. We will do FOCCUS in January when we have our Wedding Workshop, and we don't get a list of the readings and music until then. bef
I hope ours isn't boring either! We really like our priest, he is funny and down to earth. Thanks for a little preview of the topics. What is FOCCUS?? I'm not sure we have to do that, maybe I should ask!! We did already meet with the priest one on one and that's when we got the workbook.

We were going to have a Catholic ceremony - only two problems that we found - 1. He's not Catholic, but Protestant. and 2. No Catholic Ceremonies in WDW! EEK! So we're doing non denominational, but it's going to feel weird for me. Oh well :confused3 Good luck with the classes!

And what is it about teeth?! I've been doing some whitening and I noticed that I have one front tooth that seems to have shifted a bit. I'm going to call my dentist and look into it - I really hope that we're not going through the same thing!! :sad2: (No offense - there is no other group more than the DISbrides that I would want to go through orthodontics with, but please no!) ;)

:music:On the music front, have you picked out your first dance song, and mother son, or any of those dances? Other than those songs, I think it's important to pick a mix of music that everyone will be able to groove to - I went to my cousin's wedding two years ago, and she's 40 (I think) and all they had was 70's music. The old people didn't like it, and us "younger" people didn't get it. I mean how does one exactly dance to Sonny and Cher? :confused3 Just keep your guests in mind and mix it up.:goodvibes
:dancer:

Hope you are not having the same issues with your teeth!! Though my orthodontist did say it is a common thing in your twenties, who knew!? :confused:

We do have some of the special dances and some ideas for introductions figured out, (our first dance is Etta James, At Last), its the general get everyone on the dance floor stuff I have to think about. I agree, definitely a variety, not all 70's eww! That must have been fun! :cool1:

Angela0917
10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm actually not sure what FOCCUS stands for, but I know it's a test thing we each have to take and the priest goes over it, and then we have to meet with him again to discuss our answers. Maybe it's not a requirement for Catholic weddings, maybe it's just at my church? I'm not sure!

nickandlarisa
10-28-2008, 12:12 AM
To start, here are just a few quick pics to add of things already purchased. So photographing clear reflective things proved a little difficult, and I actually thought black & white showed off the glass/crystal better, so here you go.

First, our cake knife, another good buy, got it at the Waterford Outlet. Its a knife and server in one (one side is serrated). I will get this engraved some time before the big day!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/cakeknife.jpg

Next, our card holder. These are actually metallic gold, and I have spanish moss and rose petals to put in the bottom of the bird cage so cards don't fall through. The things on the side were an extra fun find that we spray painted gold to match, and I will either put candles or flowers of some kind on the little circular platforms. I might even elevate the bird cage somehow so its the highest point.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/cardcage.jpg

Last for now, the glass candy jars. This was like a scavenger hunt finding these one at a time at discount stores and craft stores. This is for the candy buffet, guests can help themselves to fill little bags/boxes (TBD) with candy I will buy in bulk in our wedding colors.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/jars.jpg

That's all the fun stuff I have for now. I have been thinking about the Honeymoon and how we haven't even booked the rest of it yet! So without pondering this for hours, here is a quick run down of what I need to do for honeymoon related things. By "I" I mean "we" of course, haha.

HONEYMOON TO DO

- Book 6 nights at POR (deluxe dining)
- Book 4 nights CBR?? (regular dining)
- Make ADRs (Jan 21, 2009 is when we can call, I think!) Places we definitely want to go off the top of my head:
----- Crystal Palace
----- CRT
----- Coral Reef
----- Le Cellier
----- Hoop Dee Doo Review
----- Polynesian Luau
- Book Resort Photo Shoot (Poly)
- Pre-Order Photo Pass CD
- Renew passport!
- Book flights!
- Book hotel for night before we leave for Orlando (at airport, we are going to do a crack of dawn flight so we can be in WDW ASAP!)
- Book excursions for DCL
----- One of the tours of Nassua
----- Kayaking/Hiking Castaway Cay
- Reservations for Palo (75 days out?)
- Buy all kinds of new clothes!!!

So that's it for now. Oh I forgot to mention MY DRESS IS IN!!! I am going on Saturday for a fitting, I guess I get to bring it home then, I don't know! But I will take more pics, since this is my actual dress, not the sample I took photos in before. Next up, jewelry, veil, and flowers. And yes, those save-the-dates I've been working on FOREVER!!

TinkAsh2001
10-28-2008, 07:21 AM
I was just wondering about booking a photo shoot. I know you have to buy the CD if you do that correct?

IndyBride
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
How exciting to have your dress!! I look at mine everyday now! Well, almost everyday, everytime I'm in the room with it!! :)

Your candy bar is going to be really nice. I just catered a wedding and that was the favor- just make sure people take the candy. There was so much left over!!

nickandlarisa
10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I was just wondering about booking a photo shoot. I know you have to buy the CD if you do that correct?

Hey Ashley ... check out this thread on in the Resorts board, it's everything you ever wanted to know about booking a resort photo shoot, and it sounds like a lot of the info has recently changed because it more popular and more expensive now. You don't have to pre-order the Photopass CD to do it, but the cost of the shoot is cheaper if you do pre-order. Sounds like its not definite whether the photos taken will go on your Photopass account or just a CD they give you that day. The difference would be whether or not you can enhance them with the Photopass online features. I think there is just one fee for the shoot no matter how many pictures they take, you get them all. Not like the cruise photos I've read about where you can buy just one 8 x 10 or something. Hope this helps! ;) Let me know if you decide to do it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1972651

TheDisneyGirl02
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I actually made 2 different things for my bridesmaids. The first was asking them to be in the wedding (a photo album, memory book thing, personalized for each girl) and the second was a package thanking them for accepting the invitation. The main purpose of this piece though was to get measurement info. My mom is making the bridesmaids dresses, so I put together a little bundle that had a measuring tape, a diagram on how to measure yourself, a little reply card for them to fill out and send back to me in a pre-addressed stamped envelope. Also, I included a swatch of the fabric and a lose sketch of what the dress will look like. All of this was in a gold envelope tied with a bow!!

I didn't take pictures of either of these things before I sent them out. But I am going to recreate the measurement packet as a keepsake and I will definitely take a pic and post it cause it doesn't do it justice without a visual.

I have 8 bridesmaid so both projects took FOREVER!!! But like I said before, this is what I do, and what I love to do, so no complaints.

What a cute idea! I'm asking my last bridesmaid to be in my wedding tomorrow night!

Good luck to your mom with sewing the dresses! That is quite and undertaking, but I'm sure she is happy to do it for you! :)

nickandlarisa
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
So my dress came in and off course I had to go right in to try it on! Yay for no alteration needed! (although I am literally poured into this thing, so a little toning or minus a few pounds would not hurt if I want to do anything crazy like breath or sit down in the dress, hehe) I don't have shoes on in the photos, but the length will be just right with about a 1 inch heel. They are going to add buttons and loops for the bustle as shown. Also, I got a veil, actually two veils! My original idea was a mantilla style lace trimmed veil, very old world looking. They had one that I loved but the only problem is the color of my dress. Its ivory, but not as ivory as other things called ivory, but not as white as things called white. So the ivory lace on the veil looked dingy, and the white lace on the veil made the dress look dingy. So I tried on a few other options and loved a very light and flowy cathedral length veil (to the floor, slightly beyond my train). Then they added a second 2-teir veil that matches it and it adds a enough poof without being too overwhelming. Since my dress isn't poofy, this was a nice balance I thought. Anyway, I love it! I go for another fitting and to pick up the dress in December. After that I keep it until about 1-2 months before the wedding for one last fitting and a free steaming of the gown and veils. Its so exciting that its all coming together and getting so close! I'm starting to look for jewelry and shoes now. Here it is ....

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0777.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0775.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0782.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0788.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0794.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0800.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_0790.jpg

keenercam
11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Larisa -- You look gorgeous! Love the look of the long veil - beautiful with that style gown. I had to laugh -- every Davids looks the same, right? Which one did you go to? Your pix look like Prices Corner. :)

29apr00
11-07-2008, 09:24 AM
simply beautiful!! Gorgoues dress!

trudy88
11-07-2008, 09:41 AM
and it fits you beautifully too!

DreaGirl
11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Beautiful dress! It looks so great on you. Love the veil too. That was the hardest part for me.

IndyBride
11-07-2008, 04:10 PM
You look absolutly beautiful!

TinkAsh2001
11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Very pretty I like it! I have to lose a few punds if I want to breath or sit in mine also...!Lol!

nickandlarisa
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Larisa -- You look gorgeous! Love the look of the long veil - beautiful with that style gown. I had to laugh -- every Davids looks the same, right? Which one did you go to? Your pix look like Prices Corner. :)
Thanks, yeah they're all slightly ghetto fabulous, haha, this one is in Bowie, MD.
simply beautiful!! Gorgoues dress!
Thank you!!
and it fits you beautifully too!
Like a glove! A very tight glove. ;)
Beautiful dress! It looks so great on you. Love the veil too. That was the hardest part for me.
Basically I have learned with the dress and the veil that I will end up with something completely different than what I thought I would get!
You look absolutly beautiful!
Thanks!! Now I can look at mine everyday too, once I get to bring it home in December. Haha, it sounds like I'm talking about a baby.
Very pretty I like it! I have to lose a few punds if I want to breath or sit in mine also...!Lol!
Here's to shedding a few in the name of breathing! I ordered some crazy contraption to wear underneath that sucks and squeezes in and pushes up, we'll see if that helps!

tinks_1989
11-11-2008, 10:01 AM
wow i have just read your pj from start to finish and i am addicted i am deffintly going to be keeping up with this your work is beautiful has any one ever told you that you should do it for a living LOL (i know you actually do)

and that dress GORGOUES

wegot engaged at CRT as well 3 weeks ago today xx

camara381
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Congrats - The dress is gorgous, looks like it fits perfectly!!!!

MegKate
11-12-2008, 12:40 AM
I agree with everyone - beautiful bride alert!! :bride: Breathing and sitting down are completely overrated with a dress as beautiful as that. And I love the veil with it. :lovestruc

nickandlarisa
11-12-2008, 02:05 AM
wow i have just read your pj from start to finish and i am addicted i am deffintly going to be keeping up with this your work is beautiful has any one ever told you that you should do it for a living LOL (i know you actually do)

and that dress GORGOUES

wegot engaged at CRT as well 3 weeks ago today xx

Congrats - The dress is gorgoues, looks like it fits perfectly!!!!

I agree with everyone - beautiful bride alert!! :bride: Breathing and sitting down are completely overrated with a dress as beautiful as that. And I love the veil with it. :lovestruc

Thank you thank you thank you!!! :worship:

A few small updates to report. First, my dress was on TV, on the David Tutera show, My Fair Wedding, on WE. :happytv: I started a thread in the general wedding section, I guess it would have made more sense to post it here, but anyway here is the link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2005526

Next, I ordered our guestbook! I really like the idea of the interactive pages I found at the Guestbook store (www.guestbookstore.com) and they were so incredibly helpful and accommodating. There wasn't an exact color for the cover that matched our theme, so since I have fabric from the bridesmaids dresses my mom is so graciously making, I asked if there was anyway they could do a custom cover. They can, and its no extra charge! Here is an idea of what the pages look like that guests fill out. We will set this up a table during the cocktail hour.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/guestbook_photo.jpg

Lastly, I caved and just pre-ordered our photopass CD for the honeymoon we haven't even booked yet! I've been following along with all these threads on the pre-order discount, and a cheaper rate for the resort photo session. No concrete answers so I just went ahead and ordered it because I knew we wanted to buy the CD and do the photo shoot no matter what. Turns out I got the $25 rate for the photo shoot!! :dance3: Only worries now are some people are mentioning pre-ordered CD codes expiring on people that ordered way far in advance like yours truly. Sounds like the problem can be resolved eventually, just maybe an extra hassle. Keeping my fingers crossed, just excited I got the lower prices!!

Well that's all I got for you for now. Later this week I am meeting with a florist and the designer who made my e-ring to talk about my wedding band, so I will keep you posted. Thanks again for everyone who's following along!!

Angela0917
11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Lastly, I caved and just pre-ordered our photopass CD for the honeymoon we haven't even booked yet! I've been following along with all these threads on the pre-order discount, and a cheaper rate for the resort photo session. No concrete answers so I just went ahead and ordered it because I knew we wanted to buy the CD and do the photo shoot no matter what. Turns out I got the $25 rate for the photo shoot!! :dance3: Only worries now are some people are mentioning pre-ordered CD codes expiring on people that ordered way far in advance like yours truly. Sounds like the problem can be resolved eventually, just maybe an extra hassle. Keeping my fingers crossed, just excited I got the lower prices!!

Well that's all I got for you for now. Later this week I am meeting with a florist and the designer who made my e-ring to talk about my wedding band, so I will keep you posted. Thanks again for everyone who's following along!!

Larisa, first of all your dress is GORGEOUS!

Second, I have a question about the resort photo session! I was reading up about it on the photo thread and it seems like nobody really knows what's goign on for sure with it. Was it $100 for the cd, and then an extra $25 to get the photo session? I was planning on getting the photopass cd regardless, and if the resort photo session is only $25 extra then I def want to do it for our honeymoon in April! Who do I have to call to book? Is the $25 the standard price, or is there a code or somethign I need to book it? Can my travel agent book it or do I need to do it myself?

nickandlarisa
11-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi Angela ... yep, I just ordered last night, paid $99 for the pre-purchased photopass CD, and my confirmation email said $25 for the resort photo shoot. Says GF, but other posters have said Disney will honor it at all participating resorts. We really want to do Poly. All the info on the resort photo sessions is on this thread, which you've probably read and still been confused like me.

And the number to book is (407) 934-4004, I don't know if you or travel agent should call, but I think I read you can book 30 days out.

$25 is NOT the standard price, its actually an old price, and $75 or $150 is the new price. They will honor whatever price is on your email confirmation. Hope this helps, I know its still confusing. Basically I just decided to pre-order no matter what it cost because we really wanted the photopass CD and the resort photo session this one time because its our honeymoon. PS, haven't paid the $25 yet, I believe you pay that at the time of your photo shoot, but you need to bring your email with you to guarantee the price.

Angela0917
11-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Angela ... yep, I just ordered last night, paid $99 for the pre-purchased photopass CD, and my confirmation email said $25 for the resort photo shoot. Says GF, but other posters have said Disney will honor it at all participating resorts. We really want to do Poly. All the info on the resort photo sessions is on this thread, which you've probably read and still been confused like me.

And the number to book is (407) 934-4004, I don't know if you or travel agent should call, but I think I read you can book 30 days out.

$25 is NOT the standard price, its actually an old price, and $75 or $150 is the new price. They will honor whatever price is on your email confirmation. Hope this helps, I know its still confusing. Basically I just decided to pre-order no matter what it cost because we really wanted the photopass CD and the resort photo session this one time because its our honeymoon. PS, haven't paid the $25 yet, I believe you pay that at the time of your photo shoot, but you need to bring your email with you to guarantee the price.

I wish they had this all worked out! I'd def pay $25 for the resort photo session, and more than likely I'd pay $75 for it... now $150 seems a little expensive. So you don't know how much they're going to charge you until you get a confirmation e-mail???

tinks_1989
11-13-2008, 03:56 AM
i am really looking forward to hearing about your wedding band ideas with the designer to hear what he comes up with your e-ring is sooooooooo beautiful you are a very lucky girl x

nickandlarisa
11-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I wish they had this all worked out! I'd def pay $25 for the resort photo session, and more than likely I'd pay $75 for it... now $150 seems a little expensive. So you don't know how much they're going to charge you until you get a confirmation e-mail???
I think its $75 with the pre-purchase, and the $150 is just the photo session, no photopass, no pre-order. That is of course if the price doesn't go up. So confusing :confused3 I know!

i am really looking forward to hearing about your wedding band ideas with the designer to hear what he comes up with your e-ring is sooooooooo beautiful you are a very lucky girl x
Thank you, I have do have an update on this coming soon, stay tuned!!!

ColeV
11-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I saw that you were doing a theme on old world fairy tales (jealous!) and thought you might like this person's paintings for inspiration: himmapaan.deviantart.com

nickandlarisa
11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I saw that you were doing a theme on old world fairy tales (jealous!) and thought you might like this person's paintings for inspiration: himmapaan.deviantart.com
Thanks, I will definitely check it out! :thumbsup2

nickandlarisa
01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone, its certainly been awhile! Finally back on these boards and I will have some major updates soon. Lots of things to share, I'll get some photos up ASAP. Save the dates when out over a month ago, custom wedding band is done, flowers are done. Now that the holidays have come and gone, I have time to get back into wedding planning mode. Big things left to do include: Hair & makeup, cake, honeymoon details. Stay tuned .... :surfweb:

MegKate
01-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey Larisa! :wave: Hope your holidays went well - I'm looking forward to seeing the new updates! :goodvibes

Angela0917
02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Larisa?? Where'd you go????

MegKate
02-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I wish there was a function to Poke (a la Facebook). :confused3

We miss you Larisa!!!

camara381
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm with Meg! Where are you? We want to hear about all your plans.

Bridora
02-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Come back!

megsher
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I see you haven't been on in a while, but I just had to say hi. I saw your link in another post and clicked on it b/c you were honeymooning in July. Well how funny we are date and city twins. I am from Towson, but now live in NY. My fiance and I are getting married in Baltimore July 18th and then going to Disney July 19-26. Small world!!!!

nickandlarisa
04-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry guys for being MIA ... life and work and wedding planning have consumed me these past few months, but I'm still here! I will have to see where I left off and get some updates going ASAP!!

I do have a little more free time these days. One of my jobs is as a skating coach, and skating season never really ends but it is winding down now so my schedule isn't so chaotic. Other than that, one of the reasons I haven't been as excited to post these last few months is that everything is limbo right now and we aren't even 100% sure we can take our honeymoon (at least right after the wedding.) The reader's digest version of the story is that Nick just finished grad school and has been job hunting FOREVER! Obviously this is probably one of the worst times in our lifetimes to be looking for a job and it has been a slow and painful process. I am still very hopeful that something will work out, but as of now we have no idea where he will work, or where we will be living after the wedding. He is NY now, and I'm in MD, both living with our parents for the time being. The plan is for him to move down this way, but without a job that is kind of hard. He has several interviews lined up in the coming weeks, so I am hopeful.

So back the honeymoon, we are trying to be somewhat responsible and not spend money we may actually need to live off of in the coming months. I want to throw a fit like a 5 year old at the thought of not taking a honeymoon, but I contain myself and I'm grateful for all we have and I know that things will work out eventually.

Wedding planning has made major progress since my last post, and I PROMISE not to go missing again. It is nice to see the comments and know that I was missed. Its like having a little DIS family :hug:

I need to catch up now on what everyone else is doing. Some of the brides I was following are probably married already!!!

Glad to be back!
Larisa

arbolita
04-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome back!

What kind of job is he looking for? I can keep my ears open and let you know if I hear of something that I could pass along to you

nickandlarisa
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Welcome back!

What kind of job is he looking for? I can keep my ears open and let you know if I hear of something that I could pass along to you

Thanks! Nick has a Master's in Atmospheric Science and he's looking for jobs in Meteorology or Forecasting. He also has computer programming experience so he's been applying to all sorts of positions. His undergrad was in Finance and he worked in that field for several years before going to grad school. Plan B is to maybe fall back on a Finance job.

nickandlarisa
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
I see you haven't been on in a while, but I just had to say hi. I saw your link in another post and clicked on it b/c you were honeymooning in July. Well how funny we are date and city twins. I am from Towson, but now live in NY. My fiance and I are getting married in Baltimore July 18th and then going to Disney July 19-26. Small world!!!!

I actually grew up in Towson before my family moved the Eastern Shore. It is a small world! Nick is from outside of Binghamton. Good luck with all of your planning, let me know if you have a PJ!

nickandlarisa
04-21-2009, 01:00 AM
So many things to share, where do I begin?!?! :confused3

Shoes
These are called "Paige" from David's Bridal. I didn't see them when I got my dress, but later when we were looking for a dress for my mom. I had them dyed "Bridal Pearl" which is a very light ivory to match my dress. The shoe came bright white. They charge a whopping $3 to dye shoes! Nick is only about 2 inches taller than me so I didn't want to get a gigantic heel. Originally was going to go with a cute ballet slipper, but I needed about an inch of height for dress to be perfect in the length, plus I like feeling a little fancier with a slight heel. These were perfect and they are actually much cuter in person I think.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture5-1.png

Cake
This is what I showed the bakery as the inspiration for what I want. I gave her some of the designs I've created (save the dates, etc.) so she can use some similar motifs in the design. The flavors will be strawberry shortcake, carrot cake, and a marble cake with raspberry and chocolate mousse. Depending on price we are also hoping to do little pastries and cookies.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/wed_sf98_cakes_08_xl.jpg

Flowers
Ok use your imagination a little because I took this photo with my phone and the colors are not very accurate. The roses will all be garden roses, nice and full and open. I really wanted peonies. Every bouquet that I saw that I liked had peonies in it, but unfortunately they will not work in July. So the florist recommended the really full open roses that they are going to hand open or something to create that fluffy look I liked in the peonies. The roses are ivory, variegated (white and pink) and a mauve/purple. The baby's breath is sprayed aqua (our main wedding color). When she first told me about spraying the flowers I thought it sounded tacky but they look so good! Its not a solid coat, so some are lighter or darker shades of aqua and surprisingly it looks natural! I forget what the little purple flowers are called, but they are lavender in color with darker purple centers. The bridesmaid's bouquets will be similar to what's pictured, the stems will be wrapped in aqua ribbon, and there will be crystals around the wrapped stems and also larger crystals peeking out of the roses. My bouquet will be similar but bigger and with more ivory roses. Boutonnieres will be an ivory rose (I think its been a while since we met with the florist!) with the aqua baby's breath and purple (I think they might be called rice flowers) as accent. We are also doing two arrangements at church alter, and two swags on the church door. Plus a corsage for all the aunts and female cousins and a boutonniere for all the dads, grandfathers, etc. We aren't doing any flowers at the reception, I am making centerpieces which will be for a different post!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/flowers.jpg

Jewelry
Last thing I have for tonight is my wedding day jewels. I decided to go with pearls. I'm not sure if I posted this before or not. Anyway, Nick gave me the earrings for Christmas, my parents gave me the necklace for my birthday. I was thinking that would be a wedding gift because its really really nice and way more than a typical birthday present so that was a very nice surprise last month for my b-day. I just turned 28 btw. The bracelet I hinted to Nick would be a nice wedding gift from him he could give me the day of as my something new. Everything came from Blue Nile and I would definitely recommend that company/site to anyone looking for fine jewelry.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/PE14200300_100.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/PN13200200_zoom.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/PB14200400_zoom.jpg

Table Names
Ok one more thing. We ... I, decided to name the tables after fairytale places. I bought these picture frames, which I am going to paint gold, and make a sign for each with the name of the table.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture7.png
Off the top of my head this is what I've come up with:

Neverland
Andalasia
Wonderland
Tortuga
The Briar Patch
Hundred Acre Wood
Pixie Hollow
The Laughing Place
The Enchanted Forest
Far Far Away
Under the Sea
Fantasia
Honah Lee
Shangri La
El Dorado
Sherwood Forest
Atlantis
Fantasyland
The Secret Garden
Oz
Camelot
Narnia
Utopia
The Shire
Adventureland
Candyland

Some of these are kind of stretch and I don't like all of them, I was just trying to brainstorm at this point. I'm still looking for ideas if you have any! We will have 15-19 tables I'm guessing.

Also I will have some kind of framed message on the place card table that reads ....

You are sure to find
familiar faces,
As you take your seat
at these fairytale places!

I made that up! :goodvibes

Oh, one more thing, this it for real ...

Bridal Shower Dress
I just ordered this online (from Victoria's Secret of all places to get a dress). It was on sale, plus 25% off one item, plus an additional $20 off, plus I had two gift cards! No idea how it will look on me but hopefully it will be a keeper! I do love pink! princess: My shower is May 16th, it was going to be a surprise, but I had a hand in helping find the location so it worked out and I'm glad I know when to wear my dress! Also probably going to wear these shoes which I already had to wear to a wedding this summer.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/V282656.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture8.png

So now I am starting to get caught up on sharing everything! There are few things I need to take photos of and I can give you another update soon. Working on the invitations now. Still need ideas for hair. Want to do part up part down, and curled somehow I think. My hair is long again, like it was in the engagement photos posted awhile ago. I'm also borrowing my friend's extensions she wore in her wedding last year. My hair is pretty thin and I just need the volume! I want big hair, in a non-80s kind of way if that makes sense, haha. Any hair ideas??

More to come soon ... :dance3:

nickandlarisa
04-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Ok one more quick update ... I'm on a roll!! These are our place card holders, in gold.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/25053_AntiqueFrame_L.jpg

arbolita
04-21-2009, 07:40 AM
I remember seeing that dress on the VS website - you'll have to let post after it comes in how it fits, because I pretty much love it also!

MiaBella05
04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
popcorn:: subbing everything looks wonderful popcorn::

Angela0917
04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow, everything looks great! I almost bought the same pair of shoes! I was between those and the "Makenzie" shoes, and ended up going with the "Makenzies"! Your table names are so cute too!!

camara381
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Welcome Back! Great update. Love the shoes! The cake is beautiful can't wait to see the final product!!!

pink_tink8i8
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I love your cake choice and the frames for the tables :goodvibes

kcampbell
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Larisa-

Just wanted to tell you your wedding plans look beautiful! I just found this PJ tonight and love your story. I also had to tell you that I saw on your engagement announcements that your fiance is from Newark Valley! So random-- I'm from Vestal, NY! :rotfl: I love it..."It's a small world after all!"

Anyway, Congrats! You will have a beautiful wedding! :goodvibes

nickandlarisa
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Larisa-

Just wanted to tell you your wedding plans look beautiful! I just found this PJ tonight and love your story. I also had to tell you that I saw on your engagement announcements that your fiance is from Newark Valley! So random-- I'm from Vestal, NY! :rotfl: I love it..."It's a small world after all!"

Anyway, Congrats! You will have a beautiful wedding! :goodvibes

It is a small world!! We just went to the Mens Warehouse in Vestal a few weeks ago to get the tuxes when I was there visiting for Easter!!! He is never going to believe that someone knew where Newark Valley is, haha. It is a beautiful area up there in NY!! I LOVE going to all of the wineries along the Finger Lakes!

nickandlarisa
04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
So a little mini update, I just ordered custom stamps from Zazzle. I was debating whether or not to splurge on these, ah but why not!?! So this one is for the RSVP envelope included in the invitation package. I'm still not sure how much the invitation is going to weigh (they are in boxes!) so once I figure that out I may make something custom for the outside of the boxes, too. :upsidedow

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture10-1.png

nickandlarisa
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Let me start by saying its 90 degrees here today! :cool2: And I have a HUGE update for you!!

Wedding Band
Here are pictures of my wedding band, we had it custom made to go with my engagement ring. So first is the e-ring by itself.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Detail-Mystic.jpg

Now this is the band that already existed to go with the e-ring.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/19010-Mystic-and-band.jpg

And I wanted something a little fancier, so I was so lucky to be able to sit down with the designer and work out this idea. Now the band on its own is a little interesting, and I would probably never wear just this, but you can see what it looks like on its own.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ring4.jpg

Now when you put the two together, its stunning! They fit together like pieces of a puzzle, and the designs just compliment each other so well, I love it!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ring2.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ring5.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ring3.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ring1.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/ringfinal.jpg

Centerpeices
I wanted to be crafty with these, and do something other than your typical flower arrangement. (Also wanted to save money!!!) So I was thinking about candles for some time and looking online for cheap candelabras, but nothing was really striking me. Then one day I was in Marshalls, I love that store!! They had these candle holders, only a few dollars each. Not very exciting as a black wrought iron look, but imagine them painted gold! There are 6 variations I think, some with 2, 3, 4, or 5 places for candles.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/stand.jpg

So the original plan was to do pillar candles on top of these, and maybe tea lights around the base. I was on the hunt for a tea light holder that maybe had a hint of color, and I found these! They are glass candle dishes in the shapes of flowers in an aqua/teal color! Found these at the dollar store!!! There are about 5 or 6 different flower shapes.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/flower1.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/flower2.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/flower3.jpg

So the gold painted vine/flower candle holders with pillar candles, and the blue flower dishes scattered around the base. But then one day I was looking at the arrangement and just put the flower on top of the candle holder, brilliant!!! And that's how I came up with this look. The mini pillar candles are ivory and will burn 16 hours. So I still need to spray paint the base candle holders gold, but you can get the general idea. I am probably going to scatter some silk rose petals around the base for some added color.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/center1.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/center2.jpg

Save the Dates
Ahhhh, the save the dates!! If you have read along you know I am a graphic designer, and I actually have a little side business designing wedding invitations. Well needless to say, when it came to my own wedding stationery, I had to something slightly over the top. You may have already seen the engagement announcements posted early on in this thread. Next big project to tackle was the Save the Date.

And here it is!!!
The outside:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std1.jpg

Open that you find:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std2.jpg

Untie the bow and take it out of the package and you have this. Pictured is the front of the card, with part of the back peaking out. I signed my name and embossed it in gold on the back of each one.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std3.jpg

Its a "Z-card" that opens up in 3 panels. So open it up to reveal:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std4.jpg

A close up:
Hopefully you can see the metallic shimmer paper and the Swarovski crystals!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std5.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std6.jpg

I wrote the poem inside, and in case you can't read it in the photo, its:

The year was nineteen
ninety nine
when their paths crossed
it was divine.

Now ten years later
vows will be spoken
joining them in love
eternally unbroken.

They hope to see you
on that day
when the glowing bride
is given away.

Her handsome groom
awaiting her hand
not a more joyous occasion
in all of the land.

So please save the date
for it has been set.
The eighteenth of July
you best not forget!

Enclosed please find details
for accommodations
and this will be followed
by a formal invitation.

What started as friendship
and grew into love
they pray will be blessed
by the Lord up above.

Larisa and Nicholas
a tale of love, hope and laughter
but how will it end? (You guessed it ...)
Happily ever after!

And then there is a folded card in the gold pocket on the far left of the folded out "z" that contains details and our STD magnet.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std8.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/std7.jpg

And a close up of the magnet.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/mag.jpg

So that's it!! They are definitely the most complex STD I have ever done, and probably one of the most complex I have ever seen, and that was my goal. I wanted them to be extravagant and unique. It helps that I do this for a living and didn't have to pay for them, except for supplies, and postage. They were heavy! I mailed them in December, in a large 7 x 7" white shimmer metallic envelope with a gold seal on the back. I know a lot of our family and friends have high hopes for the invitations, so I have to live up to huge expectations!! I will tell you this, I'm working on the invites now, and they will come in a box!!!

disneydiva21
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I love your engagment ring and band! My father is a jewler who designs and makes his own jewelry and I absolutely love being able to design something unique like that!

Also, your save the dates are amazing! You have such talent! Do you have a web site or anything for your side business? The reason I ask is because my best friend is getting married next May and I would love to pass your info on to her!

disneybarbie
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
hi! subscribing :)
your engagement story is beautiful! everything looks magical for the wedding too :lovestruc .. i love the idea of the Disney-places for the table names :goodvibes

Barbie princess:

ps - is that a Pal Mickey in you signature pics? we have one too.. DBF won't put him down when we're in the parks! ;) x

kcampbell
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
It is a small world!! We just went to the Mens Warehouse in Vestal a few weeks ago to get the tuxes when I was there visiting for Easter!!! He is never going to believe that someone knew where Newark Valley is, haha. It is a beautiful area up there in NY!! I LOVE going to all of the wineries along the Finger Lakes!

That's so great you were practically just there! :) I agree- it is a gorgeous area. I appreciate having been raised there so much more now that I'm older! Dr. Frank is my fav. NY wine!

Your ring is beautiful and so unique!
Your stamp & Save the Dates are gorgeous as well! Your guests are gonna LOVE them!:lovestruc

nickandlarisa
05-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I love your engagment ring and band! My father is a jewler who designs and makes his own jewelry and I absolutely love being able to design something unique like that!

Also, your save the dates are amazing! You have such talent! Do you have a web site or anything for your side business? The reason I ask is because my best friend is getting married next May and I would love to pass your info on to her!

Thanks!! I am so thrilled with my rings, I want to wear the band now (and sometimes I do around the house, haha!!)

I am actually putting the finishing touches on a website now! I will probably have it up and running in the next week or so and I will definitely let you know. In the mean time I can PM you with my email if you want to give to your friend?

hi! subscribing :)
your engagement story is beautiful! everything looks magical for the wedding too :lovestruc .. i love the idea of the Disney-places for the table names :goodvibes

Barbie princess:

ps - is that a Pal Mickey in you signature pics? we have one too.. DBF won't put him down when we're in the parks! ;) x

Oh that is definitely Pal Mickey!! The first day of our trip I went to the first gift shop that was barely inside the gate at Magic Kingdom to buy him. He has the pirate outfit, too! I felt kind of weird at first, seeing as we are two adults with no kids and a talking stuffed animal, but hey, its Disney World, everyone's a kid!! As you can see he and Nick got close that week, haha, when I clipped Mickey to the backpack and Nick had the pleasure of carrying him around everywhere!! We did make the mistake of not turning him off one day and had to pay a fortune for new batteries at the resort. But we love him and he is coming with us on our honeymoon. Maybe he'll get a new outfit!!!

That's so great you were practically just there! :) I agree- it is a gorgeous area. I appreciate having been raised there so much more now that I'm older! Dr. Frank is my fav. NY wine!

Your ring is beautiful and so unique!
Your stamp & Save the Dates are gorgeous as well! Your guests are gonna LOVE them!:lovestruc

Oh where is Dr. Frank from? We like Wagners and Glenora wineries. One of these days I want to do the bus tours I've seen that take you around to a bunch of wineries. Although after 2 stops I probably wouldn't even know what I was drinking!! :upsidedow

padisneyfour
05-03-2009, 07:16 AM
everything looks beautiful!Love the table names!

kcampbell
05-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Oh where is Dr. Frank from? We like Wagners and Glenora wineries. One of these days I want to do the bus tours I've seen that take you around to a bunch of wineries. Although after 2 stops I probably wouldn't even know what I was drinking!! :upsidedow

Dr. Frank is in the Finger Lakes- Hammondsport, I think. Their website is:
http://www.drfrankwines.com

I've only done wine tours in Napa- and yeah, you definitely have to be careful--small sips quickly add up! :upsidedow They're fun though!

disneybarbie
05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh that is definitely Pal Mickey!! The first day of our trip I went to the first gift shop that was barely inside the gate at Magic Kingdom to buy him. He has the pirate outfit, too! I felt kind of weird at first, seeing as we are two adults with no kids and a talking stuffed animal, but hey, its Disney World, everyone's a kid!! As you can see he and Nick got close that week, haha, when I clipped Mickey to the backpack and Nick had the pleasure of carrying him around everywhere!! We did make the mistake of not turning him off one day and had to pay a fortune for new batteries at the resort. But we love him and he is coming with us on our honeymoon. Maybe he'll get a new outfit!!!

Hi! lol it's good to know we're not the only young couple who carry around a Pal!
you might want to look on ebay for a new costume for him.. as they don't sell them in wdw any more :(
i found the poncho costume for less than $10 on eBay! new in the box too...
our Pal has the pirate costume, poncho & safari outfit! DBF would love the sorcerer mickey costume but i can't find it anywhere... ours was version2 which was in a black tuxedo :)

i know what you mean about the batteries.. our Pal got 'sick' one day on our last trip,he started to talk about Main Street, but we were in AK! then he kept making that 'huh huh' sound over & over, and shaking... we were so worried, you'd think we had a baby, not a toy!! but we took him into a store & 4 CMs helped us.. gave him new batteries (for free!!) and told us not to leave him turned on for more than 8 hours a day :o

looking forward to more of your wedding details!

Barbie princess:

disneydiva21
05-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks!! I am so thrilled with my rings, I want to wear the band now (and sometimes I do around the house, haha!!)

I am actually putting the finishing touches on a website now! I will probably have it up and running in the next week or so and I will definitely let you know. In the mean time I can PM you with my email if you want to give to your friend?

If you would like to send me your info I would appreciate it, and when you have your site finished I can pass that on to her. She just said the other day how she wants to start looking at people to do invitations for her! Thanks!

nickandlarisa
05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
So I've mentioned on here before that I am a graphic designer and one of the things I do is create wedding invitations, including my own! Well its been a long long time coming, but I finally put a website together for my invitation business. Since a few people of asked me about my work I'm hoping its ok to post this on here. The image is a screen shot of the home page to give a sneak peek! Of course feel free to pass this info on to anyone you may know in need of wedding invitations or custom design work.

Let me know what you think of the site, I would love to hear feedback!!

www.moyalara.com (http://www.moyalara.com)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Picture4-1.png

nickandlarisa
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I just wanted to report that Nick got a job!!! We are so excited, and relieved. This means we have to start looking for a place to live, and we can finally make our honeymoon plans definite!!!

Bridora
05-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Congrats! :banana:

nickandlarisa
05-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Finally .... we are booked for WDW!!! We just called today and everything is set for 7 nights at POR and then our 4-night Disney Cruise! We made some of the dining reservations but I still need to plan it out a bit. So far we have ...

Cinderella's Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef
Le Cellier (lunch, all we could get!)
Hoop Dee Do
Narcoossee's

Also reserved Palo the last night of the cruise.

We are doing DELUXE dining, so I need to book some breakfast or lunch options too since we will have the credits to use. Any suggestions?!?!

So excited to finally start planning the details of all of our Disney fun!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Mamie
06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Larisa all your plans sound lovely. You and Nick make a beautiful couple and I thoroughly enjoyed your engagment story (especially it coming from his perspective). I have to say that I usually just lurk here on the boards and having been married for almost 14 years I really never post on the wedding boards but my oldest daughter's name is Larissa and I just think it is wonderful when I find other girls who share her name. I wish you and Nicholas all the best in your life together. On another note my family absolutely loves PORiverside. It is our absolute favorite resort!

nickandlarisa
06-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Invitations went out and I wanted to post a few pics. They were definitely a labor of love, and a bit of an expense but they were worth it!!! They came in silk boxes and I meticulously added all of the crystals by hand and embossed our names in gold. I'm so happy with how they turned out and we've had great feedback from our guests!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/petals.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/openbox.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/closeup.jpg

HeatherNJNC
06-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow Larisa! Those invites are incredible!

MegKate
06-22-2009, 10:52 AM
HOLEY MOLEY LARISA!! :eek:

I have never seen such amazing invites!! WOW!! Incredible!!!

nickandlarisa
06-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Wow Larisa! Those invites are incredible!

HOLEY MOLEY LARISA!! :eek:

I have never seen such amazing invites!! WOW!! Incredible!!!

THANK YOU!!!! I have to take a few more pics of all of the cards that were included and I will get those up soon. I do have a budding little business so if you know anyone that is looking for slightly over the top invitations feel free to pass on my info ;)

trudy88
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Those invitations rock!!!

princess22
07-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Just found you PJ from the cruise meet thread! We are going to be on the same cruise as you!!!! Love the invites!!!

Sarah <3 Disney
07-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Those invites are amazing! I want to see more pictures of them! :goodvibes

LLLBelle
07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Those invites are amazing!! :thumbsup2

wdwgirls4ever
07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I also am a lurker. I've been married 23 years and love Disney. I just wanted to let you know how fabulous the invitations are. The only problem would be that I couldn't bring myself to throw this one away if I received it. LOL! I would have to keep it forever.

beachprincess23
08-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Your invites are so gorgeous! You did a great job!

nickandlarisa
08-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone! Once again I have been a major slacker when it comes to keeping up with my PJ. Well we are married and had the most amazing wedding and disneymoon!! I have lots of photos to post, still waiting on our pro shots and photopass CD. Thanks to anyone who followed along, I've loved being a part of the these boards, only wish I had more time to post and see what everyone else is up to!

arbolita
08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm still reading! Do you have any sneak peaks at wedding pics for us?

nickandlarisa
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
So, lots of updates and pictures of the big day and our amazing trip that followed, but first here are a few more pics of the invitation package ...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/rsvp_pocket.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/rsvp.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/reception_pocket.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/tcc.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/map.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/accomodations_2.jpg

nickandlarisa
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm still reading! Do you have any sneak peaks at wedding pics for us?

Absolutely! I'm glad someone is still interested! Here are just a few from friends and family, hoping to have the pro shots soon ...

Catholic Ceremony at an historic church in Maryland
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5973_103520581187_589061187_2319019.jpg

Its not Cinderella's carriage but I sure felt like a princess!!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5894_108787478057_500313057_2045336.jpg

First dance to Etta James "At Last" - we've been together for 9 years!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5612_132044731487_556671487_3587271.jpg

One of the highlights of the reception was the entertainment. My family heritage is Ukrainian, so we had Ukrainian folk dancers perform. All of our guests were so surprised and excited.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5894_108787508057_500313057_2045342.jpg

I will post some more soon, also some great honeymoon pics to come!

nickandlarisa
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
The bridal party.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5612_132044721487_556671487_3587269.jpg

My lovely maid and matron of honor. All of the girls had parasols in shades of pink and purple.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5612_132045016487_556671487_3587321.jpg

The table setting. I made all of the place cards, menu cards, table name signs. The tables were all named after make-believe places. I also made the centerpieces, I think I posted awhile back about what the parts looked like before I painted the base and put it all together.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5456_1187319046305_1328185029_49366.jpg

The favors were wooden roses. I made the tags, too! We also had a candy buffet as an additional favor. The place cards each read something like:
Mr. & Mrs. So and So
adventure awaits in
Turtuga

(for some of the places I had enchantment or magic awaits)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5973_102565871187_589061187_2306748.jpg

Our sweetheart table.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/5973_102565861187_589061187_2306747.jpg

disneybarbie
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
your wedding photos are beautiful! :lovestruc

i love the colour scheme.. the venue looks wonderful too :goodvibes

looking forward to reading about the Disney moon!

Emma princess: x

arbolita
08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Awww you looked beautiful! And I love the BM dresses

nickandlarisa
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Awww you looked beautiful! And I love the BM dresses

Thanks, my mom made all 9 of the bridesmaids dresses! She's not a seamstress but is crafty like me!

PrincessShea
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I love the candle holders and the tables setup in general. Very whimsical.

MegKate
08-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Larisa!! Where do I start? You were beautiful, the day was beautiful, those dresses your mum made were beautiful, in general - gorgeous! (Bet you were expecting beautiful huh?? lol)

Can't wait to see more pictures!! :goodvibes

LLLBelle
08-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Love the pictures, your wedding looked beautiful! I have to agree I love the BM dresses, the color is gorgeous. Your designs are awesome.

pezaddict231
08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow everything looks fantastic! You looked so beautiful and happy! Loved the BM dresses, I can't believe your mom made them! Amazing!

I also loved all the little touches you did for your reception and I love the table names, with the "adventure awaits in"...just awesome!

Looking forward to hearing more!

nickandlarisa
08-28-2009, 06:39 PM
You all are so kind, I'm glad you liked the pics I have up so far. We just got our photopass CD in the mail, so here is the best of those pics! I preordered the CD and I think it was totally worth it. Since we knew all the pics would be included, we went a little crazy hunting down photopass photographers!! I enhanced a few with borders and stuff, and we had 143 photos!!!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image003.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image009.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image018.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image025.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image028.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image032.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image037.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image040.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image043.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image050.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image056.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image076.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image082.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image088.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image097.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image104.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image112.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image143.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Image140.jpg

kcampbell
08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Larisa! I'd been thinking about you a few weeks ago and hoped you had a beautiful wedding day(which clearly you did!)! Congratulations to you and your new hubby. :goodvibes

Bridora
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Aw, Larisa! All your pictures are beautiful! I just checked back and caught all up since your wedding. It looks like you guys had an amazing time! Can't wait to hear more about it!

DiSnEyFrEaK22
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
love your pictures!!!

CinderelliT
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Everything has turned out just gorgeous! I love your wedding colors, the invites, the centerpieces, and your pics. It looked like everything was just magical. I hope that you have a magical married life too!

Congratulations!

nickandlarisa
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks so much! Everything was MAGICAL and we couldn't be happier!! Getting our proof book from our photographer on Thursday, yay! Just got some more photos from some family members, including a good one of the cake, I will get those up soon. Also, we have a TON of photos from the honeymoon we took ourselves. Stay tuned ....

arbolita
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Three weeks from today we leave for our HM, so I hope I get to see some of yours before I go!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I think those are the most beautiful invites I've ever seen - I remember admiring your save the dates when I first started reading your PJ. You are extremely talented!

I would absolutely love invitations like that, but have a tiny invite budget as I was planning to make them myself. I wish I had your creativity!!

gemmybear83
09-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Beautiful photos I love your wedding colours :lovestruc

nickandlarisa
09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
One of my cousins just posted a ton online that I wanted to share. Getting our proof book from our photographer tomorrow so I can't wait to see those shots!

So here is our little church.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060191.jpg

A sign on the door that says "wedding in progress."
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060189.jpg

My dad, choking up, walking me down the aisle.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060167.jpg

Now at the reception, I made this tree. I was so happy with how it turned out! You've probably seen the "crystal wedding trees" well that was my inspiration. There were strands of Swarovski crystals hanging from the tree, and I decorated it with wooden roses, the same wooden roses I used in the favors.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060193.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060207.jpg

And at the base of the tree was my frog prince. Found him at Marshalls, my favorite bargain store! He was already the perfect color aqua, I just painted his crown gold. He had a little tag around his neck saying ..
"You're sure to find familiar faces, as you take your seat at this make-believe places!"
And then after dinner I had the staff switch the sign to one related to the pastries that were presented on the same table.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060194.jpg

The candy buffet! This was a HUGE hit!!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060195.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060196.jpg

Photos by the water.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060208.jpg

Table setting. We just a few kids at the wedding, so I made sure they all had a special treat at their seats. The girls had princess goodies, and the boys, a pirates treasure chest.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060200.jpg

Favor and menu card on each place setting. The wooden roses I entwined together and made the little tag that had our names and the date and said, "and they lived happily ever after"
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060201.jpg

Pastries! There were little cookies, too. We didn't even see these but heard they were great.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060223.jpg

More of the Ukrainian dancing.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060235.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060239.jpg

Close up of the bridesmaids bouquet.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060246.jpg

And the cake!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/P1060205.jpg

Pirate's Princess
09-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Your wedding looks amazing! And I love the Photopass pics too! You and DF are too cute!! PS I love the look on your face as your dancing with the Ukranian dancer!

nickandlarisa
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Your wedding looks amazing! And I love the Photopass pics too! You and DF are too cute!! PS I love the look on your face as your dancing with the Ukranian dancer!

Thanks!! Yeah that was a look of fear ... fear that my strapless dress was going to come flying off!!! I'm hoping someone got a shot of it I can post later, but the girl is actually supposed to let go, arms out, like you are flying, and the guy just hold under your arms. I was too scared, haha. I did let go at one point and honestly felt like my dress was sliding off. Afterwards I was like, I didn't flash anyone, did I, haha.

carps09
09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I grew up in Easton, and I recognize that church! Your wedding looks beautiful. Our Disneymoon is coming up in just 4 weeks and I loved your PJ!

nickandlarisa
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I grew up in Easton, and I recognize that church! Your wedding looks beautiful. Our Disneymoon is coming up in just 4 weeks and I loved your PJ!

Our reception was in Easton! Small world :goodvibes We live on the other side of the bay now, but I miss the good ole Eastern Shore!

Have so much fun on your Disneymoon!!!!

acwinsett
09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Larisa, I don't know how I've missed your wedding photos until now. Everything was just amazing! You have a tremendous sense of style. The colors were beautiful, you looked amazing, the reception was stylish, lots of great little touches everywhere, and that candy buffet totally made me want to break my ban on carbs! Snaps to you . . . . GORGEOUS wedding!

nickandlarisa
09-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Aww thanks Andreah! And now for just a few more wedding pics.

Another shot of our place card table, and a close up of the actual place cards.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_5613.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/placecard.jpg

And guestbook(s), the framed caricature was a surprise from my very talented Maid of Honor! The other is form www.guestbookstore.com.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_5630.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/IMG_5631.jpg

bellebride116
09-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow just finished reading through everything now. It is all beyond gorgeous -- congrats!

soulmates
09-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I want to chime in as well...you put in SO much work and it sooooo paid off. One of THE most personal, beautiful weddings' I've ever seen. I've "Borrowed" a few of your ideas too!! ;)

May you truly, live happily ever after!

nickandlarisa
09-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I want to chime in as well...you put in SO much work and it sooooo paid off. One of THE most personal, beautiful weddings' I've ever seen. I've "Borrowed" a few of your ideas too!! ;)

May you truly, live happily ever after!

Thank you sooo much! And let me know if you need help with any of the "borrowed" ideas, hehe, like how I did something or where I bought supplies, etc. Best of luck to you, too!!

nickandlarisa
09-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Our professional pics are in and I have a ton of pics to post, stay tuned!!! :surfweb:

Goldeelox9
09-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Larisa!!! It looks beautiful! Where are you guys living now? I am in Glen Burnie! Small world! Your invites were the prettiest I have ever saw! The wedding lookes amazing!

nickandlarisa
09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Here is a sneak peek at our pro wedding pics. Our photographer was from Maryland obviously, his name is Skip Faulkner and we were very pleased with his work! We have so many to go through and I will post more, but here is start and a few of my favorites ...

Our little church.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_001.jpg

I love this angle!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_141_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_142_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_230_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_221.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_255_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_276.jpg

A good view of my bouquet.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_293.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_297.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_300.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_307_2.jpg

The guys.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_367.jpg

The girls.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_369.jpg

More to come!

nickandlarisa
09-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Larisa!!! It looks beautiful! Where are you guys living now? I am in Glen Burnie! Small world! Your invites were the prettiest I have ever saw! The wedding lookes amazing!

Hi Lisa! We are in Columbia now, VERY small world!!! :goodvibes

Sarah <3 Disney
09-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Love the pro pictures! :goodvibes You looked so pretty! :lovestruc

Wish on a Star
09-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Love your dress! You look amazing! The photographer did a great job! CONGRATS!

lpizzuro123
09-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow - just beautiful. Love how they all came out. Your colors are great together. You dress and your hair were perfect. Love the second picture where you said you love the angle.

Can't wait to see more.

Linda

WDWBride04/19/2010
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Our little church.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_001.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_230_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_300.jpg

Congrats! I love your church! :)

I love the sign on the carriage and the pic of his ring! :) and you guys look so happy in every picture! :)

LLLBelle
09-27-2009, 01:14 PM
The pro pictures look beautiful!

nickandlarisa
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
I posted this over on the cake thread but figured I should include some pics here as well. So here is our cake! The flavors were carrot cake, strawberry shortcake, and marble cake with raspberry and chocolate mousse. My inspiration was a cake I had seen in Martha Stewart Weddings, and our baker (Peace of Cake, in Stevensville, Maryland) customized the detail to match designs I had created in our invitations.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_388_2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_397.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_396.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_390.jpg

WDWBride04/19/2010
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
YUM! and it looks beautiful! :thumbsup2

Ann117
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Your wedding was beautiful. The invitations are amazing

figmentfan814
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I some your signature on another thread and had to come peak at some of your photos. Your wedding looked beautiful, I love the colors and all the little items like the carriage and the beautiful decorations. The parasols :umbrella: were what peaked my interest in your siggy photo since I used them for pictures at my wedding too (see my signature :goodvibes) Congratulations, you had a beautiful wedding!

nickandlarisa
10-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I some your signature on another thread and had to come peak at some of your photos. Your wedding looked beautiful, I love the colors and all the little items like the carriage and the beautiful decorations. The parasols :umbrella: were what peaked my interest in your siggy photo since I used them for pictures at my wedding too (see my signature :goodvibes) Congratulations, you had a beautiful wedding!

I love the parasols!!! :thumbsup2

nickandlarisa
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I loved our programs. I decided against a complicated little booklet because I literally made these the week before the wedding. They were just a single page, legal size paper, rolled up in a scroll and tied with ribbon. At the church they were displayed in a treasure chest style trunk and the design of the program was loosely based on a treasure map. I thought this was a fun way to keep with the whole fairytale, make-believe theme we had going on. Also our Gospel reading ended with the line "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." and it all just tied in perfectly.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_011.jpg

And the actual program when you unroll it.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/program.jpg

acwinsett
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Great programs! They're unusual and memorable, but very very tasteful!

PrincessShea
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Your dress was so beautiful. It fit you perfectly. All the colors are perfectly coordinated too. I love the bridesmaids bouquets with their dresses! Can't wait to see and read more!

nickandlarisa
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Here are some hair pictures! I was so incredibly happy with how my hair turned out, as well as all of my girls. We all had flowers in our hair, too. I love this pic of the girls during the ceremony!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_126.jpg

My hair is very long, so there was a lot to work with for the updo. I also "borrowed" hair extensions from a close friend who wore them in her wedding the year before. They were the super high quality expensive kind that impressed even the girls at the salon, but not the kind of thing I would ever buy on my own, so it was great to have as my something borrowed. My inspiration for my hair is a traditional Ukrainian style with a braid around the top like a crown. I didn't want this exact look, I wanted something softer in the front, and then pinned curls in the back, in addition to the braid.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/1_fullsize.png

The girls at the salon had a hard time with this at first because even though my hair is long, its also on the thin side, so it was hard to get the nice volume of the braid. So after 2 trials, and all working together to accomplish this look, they came up with a plan to use the extensions as the braid. We went with 2 braids, which were made entirely of the extensions. Everything else is my natural hair, which was just about the color of the extensions, but I had some highlights and lowlights added before the wedding so it matched exactly. The braids were pinned into place, and I had my soft rolled back look in the front, and then gorgeous tucked under curls in the back. So here is the final product!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_301.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_307_2-1.jpg

I love the look of the half up half down, or even all down soft curls, but I ultimately went with a full updo. For one, my hair does not hold curl for more than 5 seconds, and I didn't want to be worried the whole time about my hair. Also, July in Maryland is HOT, and with outdoor pics, I didn't want to look sweaty! All in all, it was perfect and I couldn't have been more pleased!

Bridora
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow! Beautiful hair!

I also liked how you did your programs...You tied everything together so well!

lea007
11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Larisa

Your wedding looks amazing from start to finish. Hope you had a lovely time. Just wondered how did you do the raised gold lettering of your names on the invitations.

Leanne

Pirate's Princess
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I love the hair!! Do you have any more pictures? I love all the styles.

nickandlarisa
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi Larisa

Your wedding looks amazing from start to finish. Hope you had a lovely time. Just wondered how did you do the raised gold lettering of your names on the invitations.

Leanne

Hi Leanne ... I used a custom rubber stamp and gold embossing powder. Tedious, yes. But so worth it!!!

nickandlarisa
01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm very excited, my invitation has been nominated by A Disney Wedding Blog as one of the best invitations of 2009!! If you would like to vote and see all of the categories follow this link ...

http://budgetdisneywedding.blogspot.com/2010/01/vote-for-best-of-disney-weddings-2009.html

Mine is under "Nick and Larisa" in the invitation category! Thanks in advance to anyone who take a minute to vote!!!!

disneybarbie
01-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Congratulations!

I just voted for you :goodvibes

Emma princess: x x

ps - I got engaged on Christmas Day!! Already starting to plan our summer 2011 wedding (with subtle Disney touches!) and Disneymoon :lovestruc !! x

nickandlarisa
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Congratulations!

I just voted for you :goodvibes

Emma princess: x x

ps - I got engaged on Christmas Day!! Already starting to plan our summer 2011 wedding (with subtle Disney touches!) and Disneymoon :lovestruc !! x

Thanks Emma and congrats!! You will have an AMAZING time on your Disneymoon, that's exactly what we did!!!

lthiesfeld07
03-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Larisa,
I wanted to let you know that your bridesmaids dresses and flowers are inspiration for my wedding color scheme.
Thanks for posting and Congratulations!:goodvibes

tinkerbell 766
03-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi Larissa
I just wanted to say that I thought your wedding was beautiful!!!
Would you be kind enough to tell me how long was the hair of the bridesmaid, on the left of the back row, at the time, I love her hair with the three roses and would like mine to be similar for my VR. My hair is about shoulder length at the moment but I am growing it!!! Is it okay if I borrow the picture for inspiration?
Also, did you order the custom stamp from somewhere? I am from UK so would love to know whether there is a website which does them.
I think you have fabulous taste!!!
Thank you so much
Joanne

tiggerrifficheidi
03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Here are some hair pictures! I was so incredibly happy with how my hair turned out, as well as all of my girls. We all had flowers in our hair, too. I love this pic of the girls during the ceremony!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/lcherewko/Frankoski_126.jpg

This is gorgeous! I wish I had thought to put flowers in my BM's hair! It looks amazing!

nickandlarisa
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Larisa,
I wanted to let you know that your bridesmaids dresses and flowers are inspiration for my wedding color scheme.
Thanks for posting and Congratulations!:goodvibes
Thanks, the colors all came together great in photos so I'm sure it will be the same you, congratulations!!!

Hi Larissa
I just wanted to say that I thought your wedding was beautiful!!!
Would you be kind enough to tell me how long was the hair of the bridesmaid, on the left of the back row, at the time, I love her hair with the three roses and would like mine to be similar for my VR. My hair is about shoulder length at the moment but I am growing it!!! Is it okay if I borrow the picture for inspiration?
Also, did you order the custom stamp from somewhere? I am from UK so would love to know whether there is a website which does them.
I think you have fabulous taste!!!
Thank you so much
Joanne
Hi Joanne,
I believe her hair was just about shoulder length or maybe even a little shorter. She actually used a "bump it" to give a little height, and then it was tucked under. You can definitely borrow the photo I'm happy to help out in any way! I will see if there is another one of that particular bridesmaid I can post with another angle of the hair. Also, I did order the custom rubber stamp online from www.rubberstampchamp.com and I used gold embossing powder and a heat gun. Hope this helps!!!

This is gorgeous! I wish I had thought to put flowers in my BM's hair! It looks amazing!
Thanks!!!

tinkerbell 766
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you
I would love to see any other photos of that bridesmaid's hair if you have them.
Thanks for the info about the rubberstamps. I will check it out!!
What is a 'bump it' please!! :confused3

nickandlarisa
03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Thank you
I would love to see any other photos of that bridesmaid's hair if you have them.
Thanks for the info about the rubberstamps. I will check it out!!
What is a 'bump it' please!! :confused3
I will check on finding another picture. A Bump It is sort of silly thingt hey sel on tv infomercials! They really do work though! They sell them in drugstores (I take it you aren't in the US?) but I also just googled and found them on line ... www.bumpits.com. Good luck!

tinkerbell 766
03-05-2010, 02:42 AM
You are right I am in the UK
Thanks, but unfortuately the 'Bump it' website will not ship internationally, or I would have ordered some as both my daughter and I have fine hair!!!:sad2:

nickandlarisa
10-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow, its been a really long time since I've been on here. With the wedding well over a year ago, I guess I need to move on to a completed PJ thread!! (How do I do that??)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone who read along the way, I know I didn't post as often as I had hoped because busy life gets in the way, but it really did mean so much to me throughout the planning process to have a place to come and share all of the details of our special day.

All of the brides who I met on here were some of the sweetest people ever and I'm thankful for the DIS to bring us all together!

As I re-read a lot of my posts, its so fun to reminisce about my wedding, and it makes me want to share even more!! I have a little blog where I'm going to go over everything from how we met, all of the planning, every detail of the wedding day, and a trip report for our engagement and honeymoon trip (which I never got to on here, is it too late??). So if you want to follow along, I just started yesterday, but it will be here ...

http://blog.moyalara.com/?cat=21

THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE HERE ON THE DIS!!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Nikisha421
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
it's nice to see you back...

lzimm13
10-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I just found your PJ. I love your invitations and Programs! the Programs you made would go great with my Vintage/sea theme! and the embossing on your invites is so clean! I did that for my Save the Dates, I know how tedious it can be! but like you said, So worth it!
Oddly enough my name is Larisa too!! :laughing:

nickandlarisa
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
it's nice to see you back...

Thanks for the encouragement to get back on the boards!!

I just found your PJ. I love your invitations and Programs! the Programs you made would go great with my Vintage/sea theme! and the embossing on your invites is so clean! I did that for my Save the Dates, I know how tedious it can be! but like you said, So worth it!
Oddly enough my name is Larisa too!! :laughing:

Another Larisa!!! There aren't too many of us out there, its nice to meet you! :goodvibes The embossing is definitely tedious, and only about half of them turn out the way you want, haha. Best of luck with everything, I will head over to your PJ to check it out!!

dragonfly82
11-30-2010, 03:39 PM
I just found your PJ and I think your wedding and HM turned out just perfect! My OH proposed to me in the MK almost 2 years ago and we are getting married at home in Ireland in May of next year. We are also having a Fairytale theme and at the moment we are looking at table names - can I just ask, how did you think up all the names for your tables? We have about 8/9 and we're stuck :confused: We have ones like Enchanted Forest from Snow White and Cave of Wonders from Aladdin. Instead of favours we're going to have scrolls for each family or couple similar to your frames and on the scrolls there will be a little passage describing why we chose that name for the table and what it means to us. There will not be many Disney maniacs at our wedding besides some of our friends and close family so not everyone will "get" the Disney quirks. Any tips you can give me would be great!

Mindyjoy
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I just found your PJ and, WOW, I just love everything about your wedding! It is all so beautiful and elegant. I know it has been a while now but Congratulations to you both :goodvibes

KitKat5
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I stumbled across your PJ and few days ago and I have to say everything just looked amazing! I love your colours and both youself and your bridesmaids all looked gorgeous!! I also loved the candy bar and am in the process of trying to convince DF that we need one too!! I have to ask aswell...where did you get the stand for your guest book pages?! I have the same guest book and was totally unsure on how to display the pages but I love what you did and am now on a mission to find something similar!!