PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Nascar Driver

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Who is your favorite? Don't fret if I left your guy off, the only one left off on purpose was Matt Kenseth, because I know Rhonda likes him.

2goofycampers
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I voted Jimmie Johnson cause he was on Regis & Kelly this morning and he seems like a nice guy. I don't do Nascar. left turn, left turn etc.

VACAMPER
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I wish Bill Elliot was still driving. I don't watch it much either.

drafthorsecrazy
08-01-2008, 01:04 PM
How about Mark Martin? Our tractor we pull the 5er with was originally part of his truck fleet.:goodvibes

stacktester
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I voted Dale Jr. because his dad was my driver and I just followed him after Dale died. Nascar has turned into a 100% joke. I still watch the restrictor plates a little but not much. They ruined Nascar in my opinion.

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
whooooaaaa Mr. Dark Cloud. This was a thread devoted to happiness and peace and love.........

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
We follow Dale, Jr. as well. We were huge fans of his dad's. Racing hasn't been the same since Dale died. We aren't as in to it as we use to be. It is all such a big Hollywood production. I don't think he would be very happy with the direction of the sport. It keeps going down hill. Don't even get me started on that poor excuse for a race last weekend at the Brickyard. What a joke! :headache:
Use to be I would never miss a race and we went to several a year. If I couldn't be home during the race we would be taping it and I would have it on the radio. These days if we miss it, oh well. I will look on Nascar.com to see who won. We even sell our season tickets to Richmond. Haven't been to that one since Dale, Jr. won.

DisneyBishops
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I will show my age here. Bill Elliott was always my man. Although he is too old now and can't drive anymore. But at least he can usually get farther in the race than Michael Waltrip. LOL

So now as a Ford man I like Carl Edwards.

I always like Dale Sr. and I like Jr. but I won't just pull for him because of his dad. He will never be the driver his dad was.

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I always like Dale Sr. and I like Jr. but I won't just pull for him because of his dad. He will never be the driver his dad was.

No one will ever be the driver Dale was.

(Bill Elliott is such a nice guy- Awesome Bill from Dawsonville(sp?))

RvUsa
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
The inventor of the Polish Victory Lap, Alan Kulwicki! One of the last great owner/drivers.

Colson39
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Where is Bill Elliott, he's been my favorite since I was a kid. I remember meeting him in Daytona when I was about 13-14, super nice guy.

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Where is Bill Elliott, he's been my favorite since I was a kid. I remember meeting him in Daytona when I was about 13-14, super nice guy.

He races now and again but he is pretty much retired.

He finished 44th in that ridiculous thing they called a race last weekend.

jrandtysmom
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I voted Dale Jr.....but I miss Davey Allison - he was my fave. I never really liked the Intimidator (I know, I know I'll probably be burned at the stake for that one but sorry I just didn't :scared1: )

ntsammy5
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Junior because he's the only one I've had a beer with - that makes him OK in my book!

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Junior because he's the only one I've had a beer with - that makes him OK in my book!

namedropper.

ntsammy5
08-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I didn't even know who he was at the time! :lmao:

Disney Campers
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
i did not see Kevin Harvick on the list :confused3

Disney Campers
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
How about Mark Martin? Our tractor we pull the 5er with was originally part of his truck fleet.:goodvibes

Year before last when we were at the Atlanta fall race Mark sold us our tickets and signed everyone of them, that was pretty cool.

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 04:19 PM
It would have been cooler if he had given you the tickets, then signed them.

Rhonda
08-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Matt and I have a very special relationship! :lovestruc

I love him, and he doesn't know I exist. LOL

3-1/2 more months til Homestead!!! :cool1:

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 06:15 PM
NASCAR !!!What the heck is Nascar ???
Ain't that one of them things where you go an sit in the nose bleed section in the hot sun drink a beer and you stand up to see a car scream by and then once its gone ya sit down in the hot sun, drink another beer and wait for the car to scream around again so you can stand up again ???:rolleyes1
I've heard of that, I did that when I was 8 years old in our living room with my electric race car set on the floor ! Only my mom would'nt let me drink beer.:lmao:

Rhonda
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
NASCAR !!!What the heck is Nascar ???
Ain't that one of them things where you go an sit in the nose bleed section in the hot sun drink a beer and you stand up to see a car scream by and then once its gone ya sit down in the hot sun, drink another beer and wait for the car to scream around again so you can stand up again

Absolutely!!! And before and after the race, you're out in the parking lot, tailgating!! :banana:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/RAC/MKRR16~Matt-Kenseth-Car-Shot-Front-View-In-Action-Posters.jpg

kc5grw
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't watch Nascar, too dang long.

Dirt Track, now that's racing. This place, http://www.devilsbowl.com/index.html, is about 2 miles from my house. It's always a lot of fun.

lawnspecialties
08-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm a "Gord" head.

Go 24.

my3princes
08-01-2008, 10:32 PM
My guy is Ryan Newman. He's a family man and I love his team colors. What can I say :goodvibes

seabee
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
We LOVE Dale Jr. I just love how down to earth he seems, he seems like a guy you would want to just sit around and have a beer with. I could do with out Kyle B. though. Can't stand him. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_15_7.gif

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Chris,

have you ever been to Reutimanns shop? I wonder if he's a nice guy, my son would like to meet him.

Born 2 Fish
08-02-2008, 05:45 AM
I can't watch Nascar, too dang long.

Dirt Track, now that's racing. This place, http://www.devilsbowl.com/index.html, is about 2 miles from my house. It's always a lot of fun.

Gets me dizzy.

Born 2 Fish
08-02-2008, 05:53 AM
Absolutely!!! And before and after the race, you're out in the parking lot, tailgating!! :banana:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/RAC/MKRR16~Matt-Kenseth-Car-Shot-Front-View-In-Action-Posters.jpg

Still never heard of Nascar.
Heard of tailgating tho ! Ain't that one of them things where a bunch'a people get to gether in a park'n lot and do the Bobby Flay thing ?
FOOD, now that I can relate too !:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
08-02-2008, 06:20 AM
What does NASCAR stand for?

Non

Athletic

Sport

Created

Around

Rednecks

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah,yeah,,I know, this coming from a guy who likes to sit in a metal boat in the hot sun on'na lake hoping to trick a fish into eat'n the dead bait on his hook.

bigdisneydaddy
08-02-2008, 08:21 AM
I voted Stewart, he can be a real PITA but at least he speaks his mind, not like ssome of the other corporate robots.

stacktester
08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Don't forget "front row" Joe Nemechek. He's from Lakeland, FL. Seems like a nice guy. The generation has definately changed. The drivers I liked were the one's who were raised dirt poor and worked for what they got. Todays drivers get everything handed to them. It's just like everything else. Things will change. Another thing is how Nascar made it a scripted sport. You can almost count on Jimmie, Jeff, Dale Jr and the other big name drivers winning. They've let money buy the championship instead of skill.

stacktester
08-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I voted Stewart, he can be a real PITA but at least he speaks his mind, not like ssome of the other corporate robots.

Yeah, don't give him any bad tires lol. I didn't watch the Brickyard but saw the news about the tires. Nascar takes your money and gives you a crappy show. Go figure. Back in the day Big Bill France probably would've ordered another race or given the fans a refund. How can they feel good about admitting, yeah we gave you a dud show at the most coveted track in history but we'll get it straight someday. This is why they don't get my money anymore.

ntsammy5
08-02-2008, 08:43 AM
You know, I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I've seen a lot of these guys and met a few - my daughter has lived in Mooresville, NC for about 7 years and most of them have shops there. During race week the place is mobbed.

You're right Donnie, I've been to a few races and I was under-whelmed - the spectators give a better show! I'm more of an NFL kinda guy anyhow.

stacktester
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
My best description is you're dying of thirst, you walk up to a vending machine and it takes your money but doesn't give you a drink. Nascar does this to the fans every week. Maybe InBev will buy them and turn it around lol.

bigdisneydaddy
08-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Donnie,you:thumbsup2 and me need to go to a race together, I can help you relocate the Nascar magic.......

stacktester
08-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Donnie,you:thumbsup2 and me need to go to a race together, I can help you relocate the Nascar magic.......

I remember Scott when I was so excited to get near Daytona for a race. Now I just drive by with no feeling.

bigdisneydaddy
08-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Maybe we should do Bristol ?

Mostly I go to the local shorts track(s) and watch my cousin race in the ASA Northern late model series.

loveDmouse
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
We LOVE Dale Jr. I just love how down to earth he seems, he seems like a guy you would want to just sit around and have a beer with. I could do with out Kyle B. though. Can't stand him. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_15_7.gif

I can't stand Kyle Bush either. He is really working my nerves. :rotfl:

medic9016
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I can't stand Kyle Bush either. He is really working my nerves. :rotfl:

Me either. But he has won in everything he drives. Got to give him credit he his is a good driver.

Rhonda
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I like Carl Edwards too -- mostly because I love to see when he wins!
http://media.commercialappeal.com/mca/content/img/photos/2007/10/24/25d1a_t220.jpeg

Born 2 Fish
08-03-2008, 06:15 AM
BRISTOL !!!What the heck is BRISTOL ???
Ain't that one of them things where you go an sit in the nose bleed section in the hot sun drink a beer and you stand up to see a car scream by and then once its gone ya sit down in the hot sun, drink another beer and wait for the car to scream around again so you can stand up again ???:rolleyes1
I've heard of that, I did that when I was 8 years old in our living room with my electric race car set on the floor ! Only my mom would'nt let me drink beer.:lmao:

Yeah,yeah,,I know, this coming from a guy who likes to sit in a metal boat in the hot sun on'na lake hoping to trick a fish into eat'n the dead bait on his hook.
.................................................. ..................................

AuburnJen92
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
CAN COLLEGE FOOTBALL START ALREADY?

PolynesianPixie
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, Nascar isn't exactly my thing, so I'm not going to read 3 pages about it. Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Down near my MILs house there is a lot of stink about Dale Earnhardt, SR and how his name is being removed from various things...roads, and such. Al, you noticing any of that down there?

I dated a guy who worked for a little while for one of those drivers with a family history of driving. can't remember his name right now, but I met the SR of the family. He was out mowing the lawn. I wondered how fast he could get his John Deer.

I've been to one race. Coca-Cola 600. I think that Jeff Gordon guy won. We had box seats because some company was trying to shmooze Scott. It was nice.

PolynesianPixie
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
I just remembered. It was the Richard Petty museam or something.

2goofycampers
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Our friends are going to Bristol in August, he's quite peeved they are no longer allowing golf carts. :mad: Since this is most of the reason he bought his.

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Our friends are going to Bristol in August, he's quite peeved they are no longer allowing golf carts. :mad: Since this is most of the reason he bought his.

what a moron, how did he expect to keep up with those 600hp fine tuned vehicles, in a golf cart.......

2goofycampers
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
what a moron, how did he expect to keep up with those 600hp fine tuned vehicles, in a golf cart.......

IT's a red gasser. :rotfl:

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that explains it. They didn't want him winning the races with a red one

bigdisneydaddy
08-04-2008, 08:04 AM

Probably closer to 850 HP

Gatordad
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
no match for a red gasser even at that HP.