PDA

View Full Version : Politics, the economy, anger.... what happened to marshmellows, otters and kungaloosh

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow this place is just teeming with anger and contempt today, lets all just take a breath and drink a beverage, and talk about something fun.

I will start:

I saw an add for Smirnoff rasberry vodka today, I am going to try to make an alternative frozen beverage with it and some others just for fun.

Also I will have the body of the new golf cart primed tomorrow so as soon as the seat covers come in I can match the paint and get it painted. I am going with red and black covers, painting it red, and painting all the aluminum black. Then its on Ebay baby!

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
WOOHOO!

I got a new washer and dryer today!:cool1:

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry, John. I started two of those threads. But really, I only wanted to know what everybody thought the candidates would camp in!

I'm going camping in the Poconos next week!!!!!!

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
And the Kungaloosh will flow.

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Cool Jim, where?

by the way
I think you and I are very alike in our beliefs, political and otherwise, kinda scary huh?

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
It's that Pennsylvania pioneer spirit, John.

We are going to be at the KOA in the Delaware Water Gap. Do some hiking at Bushkill falls, antique shopping in Milford (that's for FWGirl, not me).

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Make sure you post some reviews and pics at my place when ya get back.

auntie
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry, John. I started two of those threads. But really, I only wanted to know what everybody thought the candidates would camp in!

I'm going camping in the Poconos next week!!!!!!

Archie Bunker calls those mountains the "poke your nose"...I'm sorry..dating myself with that show. Only Bob and I had some Kungaloosh earlier:dance3: ..and I'm still feeling the effects. Apparently, I'm quite hilarious: ..at least until it wears off(who knew:confused3 )...then I'm just mean.pirate: (according to my kids) I think that's a good thing.:laughing:

Have a safe trip..sounds like fun. ;)

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I actually think you have quite hysterical moments sober, but I am biased!;)

PolynesianPixie
07-31-2008, 09:20 PM
WOOHOO!

I got a new washer and dryer today!:cool1:

Are you feeling well enough to use them?

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Before I turned on the PC, I was thinking,, post only happy thoughts. Thanks John.

LONE-STAR
07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Also I will have the body of the new golf cart primed tomorrow so as soon as the seat covers come in I can match the paint and get it painted. I am going with red and black covers, painting it red, and painting all the aluminum black. Then its on Ebay baby!

This kind of talk belongs on another thread. Don't make bid on it:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Before I turned on the PC, I was thinking,, post only happy thoughts. Thanks John.

It's been about a week since I've really been on. Has it been that glum around here?

Everyone think happy little petunia thoughts now, K?

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
It's been about a week since I've really been on. Has it been that glum around here?

Everyone think happy little petunia thoughts now, K?

A little, we all needed to vent. Glad you're back, to keep us on the right track and remind us of all the things we do have. Health, friends and family.

g8trmom1
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Archie Bunker calls those mountains the "poke your nose"...I'm sorry..dating myself with that show. Only Bob and I had some Kungaloosh earlier:dance3: ..and I'm still feeling the effects. Apparently, I'm quite hilarious: ..at least until it wears off(who knew:confused3 )...then I'm just mean.pirate: (according to my kids) I think that's a good thing.:laughing:

Have a safe trip..sounds like fun. ;)

Hey, I loved that show. We'd watch it everynight when I was a kid....in NY.

PolynesianPixie
07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
A little, we all needed to vent. Glad you're back, to keep us on the right track and remind us of all the things we do have. Health, friends and family.

Amen. Although venting can be good. Therapeutic and all. Best not to let it get carried away, though. If it becomes the focus, it can spread like disease!

Colson39
07-31-2008, 11:32 PM
If I could somehow post a visual picture of Kumbaya, I would ;)

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts.

big kahuna1
08-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Don't forget to inflate your tires properly so we don't have to drill for oil!:thumbsup2

Dangit! I forgot this was the Happy thread. Okay...can you believe the huge..no that won't work either. What are these guys in Washington thinking when...no thats not happy either. Lets see................................

Ah, forget it.

RvUsa
08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Pretty much how I feel too Steve!

On to my happy thought of the day, We may get to go camping a couple of days next week!!

Wooooo HOOOO

ntsammy5
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm taking a case of Moosehead with me so I'll be having a good time! The ottters too, but they drink Bud Light

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
gotta keep the otterish figure.

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Let's all think happy thoughts! :)

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/c2ef4cb6.jpg

A kid had his arm ripped off at the shoulder by a large aligator day before yesterday close to my area. The pond they were swimming in was well known for gators...in fact, the gator that bit the kid even had a name(Big Joe). The kid knew the gators were in there, and apparently had some decent knowledge of how to handle a gator attack since he poked the gator in the eye to escape (11 yr old kid.....lost his arm and still had enough senses about him to poke the gators eye...pretty tough kid). They killed the gator......I know, "Once they get the taste of human blood..."....but that gator had been a resident of that pond for many years apparently. I know its the right thing, I guess...but I feel sorry for the gator....I feel sorry for the kid too...but ya gotta be pretty damned stupid to jump into a pond knowing their are gators in it!!!!

One of the kids first questions was "Mom, how am I gonna play my video game now?"

Gator Chomp (http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/07/alligator_bites_boy_near_slide.html)

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM

A kid had his arm ripped off at the shoulder by a large aligator day before yesterday close to my area. The pond they were swimming in was well known for gators...in fact, the gator that bit the kid even had a name(Big Joe). The kid knew the gators were in there, and apparently had some decent knowledge of how to handle a gator attack since he poked the gator in the eye to escape (11 yr old kid.....lost his arm and still had enough senses about him to poke the gators eye...pretty tough kid). They killed the gator......I know, "Once they get the taste of human blood..."....but that gator had been a resident of that pond for many years apparently. I know its the right thing, I guess...but I feel sorry for the gator....I feel sorry for the kid too...but ya gotta be pretty damned stupid to jump into a pond knowing their are gators in it!!!!

One of the kids first questions was "Mom, how am I gonna play my video game now?"

Gator Chomp (http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/07/alligator_bites_boy_near_slide.html)

I don't think it is right either when they kill animals, be it a gator or a mountain lion or a bear, etc. It is something that really bothers me. :mad: When you are on/in their turf you are taking your chances. Why would you swim in a pond that has gators anyway? :confused3 Most animals food supplys are shrinking so they try and eat whatever they can.

I told my husband if we are out in the wild and I get eaten by a bear please don't let them go kill it cause it is a chance I take when I go out there. Same thing if I went swimming and got eaten by a shark. (one reason why I rarely go in the water- Jaws did me in at a young age)

I don't buy all that taste of human blood crap.

***Please don't think that I don't feel sorry for the boy because I do, I just don't think it was fair to kill the gator for something that is natural to him. He was just trying to get a meal. ***

kc5grw
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Woke up this morning to live news coverage of this moron being rescued. How stupid can you be?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7113299&version=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

RvUsa
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Chlorine in the Gene Pool baby! Let the dumb ones kill themselves before the procreate!!!

tinah159
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
that gator had been a resident of that pond for many years apparently. I know its the right thing, I guess...but I feel sorry for the gator....I feel sorry for the kid too...but ya gotta be pretty damned stupid to jump into a pond knowing their are gators in it!!!!

I feel bad for the gator. It makes me mad to have to kill animals because of humans stupidity.

big kahuna1
08-02-2008, 07:10 AM

We had a similiar thing happen here except he was older and drunk. He knew the gators were also there and went swimming anyway. Lost his arm also. But now he is sueing the State as he says the gators should have been removed before he went swimming, at night, drunk. Both of these are definately candidates for the "DARWIN AWARD".

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Gator Tail...taste like chicken!!:thumbsup2

RvUsa
08-02-2008, 07:31 AM
We had a similiar thing happen here except he was older and drunk. He knew the gators were also there and went swimming anyway. Lost his arm also. But now he is sueing the State as he says the gators should have been removed before he went swimming, at night, drunk. Both of these are definately candidates for the "DARWIN AWARD".

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Gator Tail...taste like chicken!!:thumbsup2

See that is exactly what I was talking about, all the gator was doing was being Gods Chlorine!!

And yes, it does taste just like chicken!

ntsammy5
08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
And yes, it does taste just like chicken!

Hey John - sweeter than chicken.

We're at my MIL in North East. I'm waiting for the wife to get ready so we can get on the road. I was ready 3 hours ago! We'll be going past your place sometime this morning, if you hear a honking horn it's me!

My MIL got DSL just for me when I'm here - that was nice. We set her up with a computer, but she doesn't use it - probably hasn't been turned on for at least a year - at 86, she doesn't feel the need to get online! :lmao:

RvUsa
08-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Have a safe trip, and look for the bottle of beer that I am going to set out on a little table at the end of the driveway, slow down and grab it on the way by! ;)

AuburnJen92
08-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Are you feeling well enough to use them?

Actually yes.

AuburnJen92
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM

same exact thing happened to a teenager in Okeechobee at the beginning of the summer and he blamed fish and wildlife for not giving enough gator hunting permits this season...go figure...

same exact senario, to the T

PS- I didn't see that Steve had mentioned it before I posted it...we mentioned the same story...we kinda live near each other and all...