PDA

View Full Version : Revival of the angry thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

des1954
07-31-2008, 06:59 AM
One of my friends at church stopped by the office to tell me about her family's vacation at FtW last week. She said that FtW was basically a ghost town. She also said a CM jumped in her face for letting her son drive the GC they rented. Her son is 16 with his learners permit, and she was with him.

If you knew my friend and did this to her, you wouldn't have known what hit you!! She jumped right back in his face and just about shoved the learners permit up his nose and told him to concentrate on the 7 year olds driving carts without adult supervision. This happened on day 2 of their 7 day stay and she stewed about it for a long time.

She & her DH are both hard working individuals and like most of us, have to watch their money. They could have chosen to stay elsewhere, but chose FtW to spend their vacation and their money at...and by the looks of the occupancy of the fort others ARE choosing to stay elsewhere. FtW and WDW as a whole should think about that!

People are frustrated with the economy and their fuses are getting shorter. It's showing everywhere you turn!

stacktester
07-31-2008, 07:32 AM
A learners permit is just not good enough. Just because he's old enough in a car and has mommy next to him don't cut it in a FW golf cart missy. Now, does that comment make you angry????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, this is the tell your angry story, not make people angry thread? OK gotcha.

I'm surprised he jumped on them like that. I saw a lot of tweens during our trip in July driving carts and never saw anyone mess with them. Heck I even saw an otter driving a gem car. Sounds like that new manager needs another talking to. Good thing Jen wasn't there to go get him. I have a feeling if she get's mad again he's gonna feel like he just had a baby lol. Hopefully the rest of her trip was fun.

Born 2 Fish
07-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Once we hit the Fort or Disney,,I become the personification of pacifism. Nothing and no one can upset me. Hakuna Matata. Seriously,,just ask my wife.

Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts.

DisneyBishops
07-31-2008, 07:55 AM
during Memorial Day weekend, A CM questioned my 16 yo son about driving a golf cart. Told him he didn't look old enough to drive. And by the way he was driving my golf cart not a rented one. Looks like people are only going on the holidays now. I just checked and you can get a site this weekend if you want one. I hope the Ft doesn't change too much, We have always loved it there. We hardly ever camp anywhere else as no place can measure up to the fort. But is they keep going up on prices and treating people like that then alot of people will be going elsewhere. Then again if the economy (gas prices) keeps going in the wrong direction everyone will just have to stay home. The ft will hurt the most as most of us either tow a TT or drive a MH and it costs alot more to do either than to just drive. Looks to me like they would trying to be nice so we would come back.

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
We were stopped In Jan '08 on our G/C with DS driving, the lady said it was her job to check on the G/C's. She said he looked too young to be driving, he's 24.

auntie
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
According to Bob Iger on MSNBC this morning Disney is not feeling the so called recession because none of the weddings or honeymoons associated with the weddings have been cancelling.
I say people who plan weddings at Disney do so at least a year in advance sometimes more I'm sure...and likely they aren't cancelling their plans, because most of it's paid for already. I wonder if the bookings for next year or after are being effected.
No mention about the cuts to the character dining or anything else. Which we all know is occuring..only in the snipet of the interview they showed with him, it wasn't mentioned at all.

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 09:27 AM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Various%20stuff/waaambulance1.jpg

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I think that is the same lady that chased me down for driven our GC too fast over the bridge behind the trading post. I don't know what she was complaining about, she caught me, so she was going faster than I was....:confused3

terri01p
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow nothing will mess up a vacation like being yelled at, I'm going to be honest here, if I can't get a better rate that 110.00 for my 2009 trip, I'm going to start looking to go elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Hehe John your a trip !

des1954
07-31-2008, 11:12 AM
According to Bob Iger on MSNBC this morning Disney is not feeling the so called recession because none of the weddings or honeymoons associated with the weddings have been cancelling.
I say people who plan weddings at Disney do so at least a year in advance sometimes more I'm sure...and likely they aren't cancelling their plans, because most of it's paid for already. I wonder if the bookings for next year or after are being effected.
No mention about the cuts to the character dining or anything else. Which we all know is occuring..only in the snipet of the interview they showed with him, it wasn't mentioned at all.

Now... that just goes to show you the short-sightedness of CEO's. Anyone who can even THINK about having a wedding at WDW has a lot of $$$. No,,, they are not going to cancel their plans because they are the daughters of rich daddy's & rich daddy's give their daughters whatever they want!

I really get pissed off when ignorant, thoughtless, and down-right STUPID comments are made by people who are supposed to be the "brightest and best" of the business world. They need a dose of reality and actually get their hands dirty, their brows sweaty, and work so hard that after an 8-10 hour day, the only thing they can do is collapse in a chair and stare into space cause it hurts to even try to think.

Iger must be one heck of a jerk. I didn't think anyone could surpass Eisner on that one - --- I was wrong!

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm sure there are a lot of disney marks that have their weddings there that really can't afford it..... but you are right, he's short-sighted. Also, he's not going to come on and tell the world disney is hurting. He'll use words like revenues are falling short of expectations.

I said all along, that right now, people have prepaid, their airline tickets have been purchased. We'll see what the story is next April, when people are looking to book now. disney will be feeling the pinch, and for the usurious rates they charge at the campground, they won't be robbing this guy.

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Now... that just goes to show you the short-sightedness of CEO's. Anyone who can even THINK about having a wedding at WDW has a lot of $$$. No,,, they are not going to cancel their plans because they are the daughters of rich daddy's & rich daddy's give their daughters whatever they want!

I really get pizzzzzzzzz'd off when ignorant, thoughtless, and down-right STUPID comments are made by people who are supposed to be the "brightest and best" of the business world. They need a dose of reality and actually get their hands dirty, their brows sweaty, and work so hard that after an 8-10 hour day, the only thing they can do is collapse in a chair and stare into space cause it hurts to even try to think.

Iger must be one heck of a jerk. I didn't think anyone could surpass Eisner on that one - --- I was wrong!

Bobby's coming over for dinner tonight. I'll pass this along to him.

des1954
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Bobby's coming over for dinner tonight. I'll pass this along to him.

I'll PM ya my cell number. Have him call me & I'll tell him myself!!

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll PM ya my cell number. Have him call me & I'll tell him myself!!

Okay, but he's gonna want to use my cell so you don't find out his number. Plus he's too cheap to pay the roaming charges.

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Seriously, though, my Disney connection is telling me the resorts are just now starting to see cancellations. They have been operating on prepaid vacations up to now, and I don't think next quarter will be as rosey for the Mouse as they are implying. I have been telling my wife that Disney was expanding too fast and in the wrong direction for years, and she was not believing it. Watch out, Disney. I predict unsold DVC resorts in the near future, along with empty rooms at deluxe resorts. They're going to wish they finished the other side of the Pop Century resort. I wonder if that Four Seasons resort with those expensive homes will still be our neighbors at FW? And what about the luxury pet hotel? How about that exclusive replacement for PI that is on the table now? FWGuy's prediction - a return to the way things used to be at WDW, with a lot of fat trimming by the Mouse. I fear bad times are a comin', but fear not - the Mouse will survive!

Shannone1
07-31-2008, 11:39 AM
I think that is the same lady that chased me down for driven our GC too fast over the bridge behind the trading post. I don't know what she was complaining about, she caught me, so she was going faster than I was....:confused3

I honestly can't believe they even let golf carts on that bridge in the first place. There are way too many people trying to cross.

I personally don't understand why campgrounds have a problem with older kids driving as long as they are right next to their parents...maybe 12/13 and up ?? My kids are country kids...my girls (14 & 12) have been driving four wheelers, golf carts and even the riding lawnmower for quite awhile now. If they can help us around the yard, I think it's silly they can't be trusted to sit next to me and drive a low speed electric golf cart. Obviously I don't think kids should be driving them without a parent. As is with everything else...because SOME people don't watch their kids and let them run amuck we are ALL punished.

Colson39
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Guess this means there will just be more availability

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 07:31 PM
A learners permit is just not good enough. Just because he's old enough in a car and has mommy next to him don't cut it in a FW golf cart missy. Now, does that comment make you angry????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, this is the tell your angry story, not make people angry thread? OK gotcha.

I'm surprised he jumped on them like that. I saw a lot of tweens during our trip in July driving carts and never saw anyone mess with them. Heck I even saw an otter driving a gem car. Sounds like that new manager needs another talking to. Good thing Jen wasn't there to go get him. I have a feeling if she get's mad again he's gonna feel like he just had a baby lol. Hopefully the rest of her trip was fun.

I am not finished with him yet...he knows I am coming Labor Day. I have the Volunteer Auxiliary at the hospital to chew out right now...:scared1:

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
during Memorial Day weekend, A CM questioned my 16 yo son about driving a golf cart. Told him he didn't look old enough to drive. And by the way he was driving my golf cart not a rented one. Looks like people are only going on the holidays now. I just checked and you can get a site this weekend if you want one. I hope the Ft doesn't change too much, We have always loved it there. We hardly ever camp anywhere else as no place can measure up to the fort. But is they keep going up on prices and treating people like that then alot of people will be going elsewhere. Then again if the economy (gas prices) keeps going in the wrong direction everyone will just have to stay home. The ft will hurt the most as most of us either tow a TT or drive a MH and it costs alot more to do either than to just drive. Looks to me like they would trying to be nice so we would come back.

Dan, you and I live close enough that we can just camp in each other's driveways!:thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 07:34 PM

They showed what they wanted us to see, I am sure of that...

des1954
07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Go, Jen! GO!!!

Why are you going to get in the Fort Manager's face? Inquiring minds want to know??

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
We have unfinished business, plus the pricing of next year. We are going to discuss me staying or not staying 15 nights next summer.

Born 2 Fish
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
I am mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore !
Do you hear me ,,NO MORE !!

Umm,,okay, all better now. Happy thoughts,,Happy thoughts.

ntsammy5
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
a CM jumped in her face for letting her son drive the GC

I thought Mean Gene retired! :rotfl2:

ntsammy5
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Also, he's not going to come on and tell the world disney is hurting. He'll use words like revenues are falling short of expectations.

You got that right - it's all about perception - these guys always put the right spin on things.

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
I have Bobby reading these posts right now and he's in tears. In TEARS I say. Why do you think Disney spends all this money on surveys? They are just giving us what we want. Like the government, they are just taking care of us. Why can't you guys see this? Can't you leave poor Bobby and company alone? I mean, you got your quality dog park. What do you expect - a new pool? good food at the restaurant? Is there no satisfying you ingrates?

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
I have Bobby reading these posts right now and he's in tears. In TEARS I say. Why do you think Disney spends all this money on surveys? They are just giving us what we want. Like the government, they are just taking care of us. Why can't you guys see this? Can't you leave poor Bobby and company alone? I mean, you got your quality dog park. What do you expect - a new pool? good food at the restaurant? Is there no satisfying you ingrates?

That's right, I forgot you keep him tied up in the room with the padded walls!:lmao:

auntie
07-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Guess this means there will just be more availability

All righty there mister..I've had quite enough of your optimism. This is the :mad:
ANGRY thread. If you can't tow the line and be just as negative and sarcastic as the rest of us..you need to post elsewhere.

(NOW...before you go and have this removed...I AM JOKING....:laughing:
I hesitate to say so..being that again..it is the ANGRY thread.

So go ahead...say something negative and mean about Disney pirate: ..I KNOW you have it in ya...Come ON...you CAN DO IT!

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
You got that right - it's all about perception - these guys always put the right spin on things.

why do you think the world is run by MBA's?

Colson39
08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
All righty there mister..I've had quite enough of your optimism. This is the :mad:
ANGRY thread. If you can't tow the line and be just as negative and sarcastic as the rest of us..you need to post elsewhere.

(NOW...before you go and have this removed...I AM JOKING....:laughing:
I hesitate to say so..being that again..it is the ANGRY thread.

So go ahead...say something negative and mean about Disney pirate: ..I KNOW you have it in ya...Come ON...you CAN DO IT!

Nah Auntie, you are cool in my book, you said nothing bad, just my opinion like yours :) Y'all know I am the optimist on the board, I won't apologize for that ;)

You know I have said plenty of things negative about the Fort, I'm not all positive. I just try to keep all the negativity in check, because we don't want to all come here and read nothing but negativity.

If you want something negative, here ya go...lol

1) I hated the Fort clearing of trees at first.

2) I hate that they keep on changing Trails End.

3) I hate that the stupid boats are never arriving when I get to the marina

4) I hate that Ms Sundee is no longer a regular

5) I hate that it no longer costs $8 to stay in the Fort like it used to

6) I hate that I can no longer drive a golf cart all the way to the Wilderness Lodge (or what used to be just a view of the Contemporary)

I could go on, but it's almost 1 AM and I just got back from the Ale House and I'm all about spreading optimism everywhere...lol ;)

des1954
08-01-2008, 06:31 AM
I could go on, but it's almost 1 AM and I just got back from the Ale House and I'm all about spreading optimism everywhere...lol ;)

It's just the beer talkin.

bama_ed
08-01-2008, 08:42 AM
I have Bobby reading these posts right now and he's in tears. In TEARS I say. Why do you think Disney spends all this money on surveys? They are just giving us what we want.

For a while there I was getting an email survey after almost every trip and I spent 15-30 minutes telling them the good and the bad. Lately it was more slanted toward the bad. Then the surveys stopped coming :confused3

Bama ED

PS-but email is so impersonal and too easy to ignore. Now, on the other hand, if I adopted AuburnJen92's more in-person approach... :rolleyes1

ftwildernessguy
08-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Well, Bobby went home a broken man last night. Hope you're all happy.

big kahuna1
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Well this guy, ah girl, ah whatever is really angry.:rolleyes1

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/07/31/video-leave-obama-alone/

popcorn::

RvUsa
08-01-2008, 09:08 AM
What the hell was that? I can't decide if that was being sarcastic, or that thing is just a freak?

AuburnJen92
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
For a while there I was getting an email survey after almost every trip and I spent 15-30 minutes telling them the good and the bad. Lately it was more slanted toward the bad. Then the surveys stopped coming :confused3

Bama ED

PS-but email is so impersonal and too easy to ignore. Now, on the other hand, if I adopted AuburnJen92's more in-person approach... :rolleyes1

Well, I can't take all the credit, Gatordad initiated it. He talked to the guy and he asked for it by saying "How did your Grand Gathering Go?"

It was on from then...

Shannone1
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I AM ANGRY WITH MY DAUGHTER !! :rolleyes1

She is 14 and sullen and grumpy a lot of the time. We've had trouble with her lately and her chores. She doesn't have many....picking up her room, emptying the dishwasher every other morning, taking care of her cat. We don't even expect her room to be spotless...just her floor cleared and her laundry put away correctly. When we ask her if she did something, she'll say yes and then it turns out she didn't she'll say "she forgot". She is a slob and we are always on her to clean up after herself. I don't know how many times I've had to explain how much easier her life would be if she just picked up after herself :confused3

This weekend she was supposed to go camping with my mom and stepdad. She was told to make sure she set her alarm so she would have enough time to properly do her chores. We are having a party this weekend and there will be people coming over that haven't been to the new house yet and I wanted everything to be clean. I told her all of this last night before she went to bed. My dh got up early to make sure she was up and ready. She SAID she did all of her chores and her room was nice and clean.

I got up and went into the kitchen and the dishwasher had NOT been emptied. She had already left to meet up with my mom so I called her. She said she "didn't know what day it was" so she didn't empty the dishwasher @@. I specifically asked her if she put away her clean laundry and she said YES she had. I told her she was going to be in big trouble if she was lying and she said she did it.

So I go up to her room and her clean laundry is still piled in her laundry baskets and her dirty clothes are shoved under her bed. !! I was so mad :mad: I called her again and my dh decided to bring her butt back home. So she comes in crying and stomped up to her room. My mom called mad at ME because her weekend was messed up now too.

My DH set the punishment and I have to stand behind it. I think it's appropriate. I feel bad that is also messed up my mom's plans, but my DD has to learn that we aren't going to put up with being lied to. If I had caved in and grounded her or something once she got back home, what kind of message would that have sent ??

I tried talking to her and she can't tell me WHY she lied. She isn't one who likes to talk in this situation. Instead she will walk around pouting and blast her music in her room for attention.

The scary part of this is that she is my oldest child...I have two more behind her that I have to get through :headache:

auntie
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
She's 14...you might want to bookmark this thread. Your gonna be posting here alot. :hug:

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Let me tell you what really happened.

She actually did her chores, but you wouldn't listen. The last time you were at the Fort, some otters hitched a ride home to see their cousins in MI. Then you had the bat problem, well everyone know's an otters best friend is a bat. SO the bats let the otters in the house, who then in turn invited the local peacock population over. When they got to the fridge, there was no beer, so they decided to tell you who was really boss, by messing up the hours upon hours of work your daughter did. See, if you had been a good host and had plenty of white castles and beer, the otters and peacocks would have made peace with you. Next time you may not get off with such a light warning. One time, I had no beer, and the otters left a horses head in our bed.

I hope you can now fully understand the error of your ways, which led to this whole fiasco.

Shannone1
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
She's 14...you might want to bookmark this thread. Your gonna be posting here alot. :hug:

Gee thanks :scared:

Do you think I was wrong ?? I am sitting her feeling bad about her weekend being messed up.

Marek 4
08-01-2008, 11:05 AM
You most certainly gave the appropriate punishment. If you let her get away with the little lies now, just think what happens as she gets older and the lies become bigger. You have to stand your ground now and let her know there are consequences for her actions. Hang in there-mom can't be upset with you forever!

Shannone1
08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
You most certainly gave the appropriate punishment. If you let her get away with the little lies now, just think what happens as she gets older and the lies become bigger. You have to stand your ground now and let her know there are consequences for her actions. Hang in there-mom can't be upset with you forever!

Thank you. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. This parenting stuff is not easy. :sad2:

auntie
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Tough one..that's really your call. All I can say is..she's at that age. It's not an excuse..but it's to be expected. Probably..I wouldn't have pulled her home, because it didn't effect just her weekend..and maybe your Mom is pretty ticked right now? It didn't just ruin your daughters plans. Grandma's missed out on time with her grandaughter for not cleaning her room. Bet she remembers those days with say...you? She's 14...it's just not a priority for her. She thinks your lame for wanting things a certain way in what's supposed to be "her" space. I'm not saying that's right..I'm just telling you what she's probably thinking. Only because I have been told this by my daughter. Who has issues with keeping her room clean. I seriously think she has issues with clutter..and I am the COMPLETE opposite. I've had to take a breath and step back. My policy is..I want to see the floor.:laughing: It's their space..but once it starts infringing on "my space"...then "I"M GOIN IN"....and they NEVER want that. :eek: Because I just throw out, throw out, throw out. Seems I even throw out what might be important to them. Ooops..sorry. :cutie: It usually takes a time or two for them to get the idea..but they get it. I've accepted the fact, that I am a neat freak..and she isn't. Probably...becasue I'm a neat freak. Kids do that to ya..just want to make you squirm.

Escape Artist
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Do you think I was wrong ?? I am sitting her feeling bad about her weekend being messed up.

I think you did *exactly* the right thing.

Not doing her chores = bad behavior.
Lying = totally inexcusable, wreck her weekend.

Your mom will get over it, and hopefully have more respect for your rules when she comes back to her senses. And you'll want your daughter cured of lying to you before she gets car keys and dates!

Sue in Texas
...with two teenagers, I'd better bookmark this, too...

Marek 4
08-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Tough one..that's really your call. All I can say is..she's at that age. It's not an excuse..but it's to be expected. Probably..I wouldn't have pulled her home, because it didn't effect just her weekend..and maybe your Mom is pretty ticked right now? It didn't just ruin your daughters plans. Grandma's missed out on time with her grandaughter for not cleaning her room. Bet she remembers those days with say...you? She's 14...it's just not a priority for her. She thinks your lame for wanting things a certain way in what's supposed to be "her" space. I'm not saying that's right..I'm just telling you what she's probably thinking. Only because I have been told this by my daughter. Who has issues with keeping her room clean. I seriously think she has issues with clutter..and I am the COMPLETE opposite. I've had to take a breath and step back. My policy is..I want to see the floor.:laughing: It's their space..but once it starts infringing on "my space"...then "I"M GOIN IN"....and they NEVER want that. :eek: Because I just throw out, throw out, throw out. Seems I even throw out what might be important to them. Ooops..sorry. :cutie: It usually takes a time or two for them to get the idea..but they get it. I've accepted the fact, that I am a neat freak..and she isn't. Probably...becasue I'm a neat freak. Kids do that to ya..just want to make you squirm.

I do appreciate your perspective on grandmother missing out on time with the grandchild-it does tug at my heart- but this is LYING like Sue in Texas said. It isn't just about cleaning up her room or doing chores when asked. I think that is why the punishment, and the timing, was appropriate.

I also appreciate the perspective about letting the mess pile up in the child's room as long as it doesn't overflow out of the room. True-she is a teen and that is "her space", but what if she never learns and is reinforced that clutter and lack of hygeine is OK? What happens when she leaves the house and has her own kids to raise? If you look at my sister-in-law"s house all you see are piles of clutter everywhere - dishes stacked in the sink - piles of stinky laundry - toys and games not put away. Her parents tucked her away in a basement room because she was the "messy" one and they didn't want to look at the mess all the time.

Teens will be teens, but I think Shannone is dealing with something bigger than that.

3gr8kids
08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I would have to agree - you did the right thing. If it was just a matter of a 14 year old being messy, well, most are. But this went beyond just not doing chores - this was lying to you about having done them.

I sympathize - I have a 17 yr old DD, and a 12 yr old DD so I have been in your shoes many many times. It is true what they say - "choose your battles wisely", and in this case, I think you chose the right one (lieing) to make a stand. I cannot stress enough to my daughter's that trust is not something you mess around with, as it is not easily gained back. JMHO :)

p.s. I have to laugh every time I see your siggy - if one didn't know, they could think you were my mom ("mom to 3 great kids") LOL

We4mickey
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
You did the right thing. As the mother of two complete opposite children. I have been there, done that. When my older DS was in his teens we were in each others faces all the time. When I couldn't take the room anymore and he wouldn't take care of it, out came the garbage bags. Pack it up and say goodbye. He learned fast that I wasn't kidding. You want the stuff, then you take care of it. If you don't respect your stuff, how is anyone supposed to respect you. She is only 14, sorry to say you still have a few years to go. The good news is he is now 23 and he is actually a pretty nice guy with a son of his own on the way. Wonder how it will be when he is a teenager :rolleyes1

auntie
08-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm just saying...choose your battles. I am NOT saying she should get away with not doing as asked. Only..maybe..there was a way to enforce that without having grandma suffer the consequences as well. As extremely frustrating as a messy room can be....and I by NO means want to minimize the situation. It's a messy room. I didn't have the impression it was a hygene issue. Mom asked did you clean "your" room. Trust me..as far as she's concerned..yep..she did. Is it to mom's expectations? Not by a LONG shot. Do you want to draw a line in the sand over this. It's just been my experience that the two of them aren't going to be on the same page about this for a while. Figure out a happy medium. No dirty clothes under the bed. Is it a deal breaker that her clean laundry wasn't put away? Well, if it's neatly in a basket and not all over the floor..I think I could live with it. It's not that's she's "lying". I think fibbing about clothes under the bed, is not the gateway lie to stealing the car and sneaking around with boys. She doesn't think she is lying. She thinks mom is being a PIA who is dictating to her how "her" space should look. Now, she's feeling picked on...and that she doesn't really have a space of her own..and it's only fueled the drama. A 14 year old hormonal girl, starting high school in a few weeks.
She's got a lot on her mind. Think back...I have to be cool..will I be cool..? What will I wear the first day? Will a boy talk to me...Will I die if a boy talks to me? God,...I'm fat. (of course she's not..but she will think it) Will there be drugs in my school? She's 14 going to high school with kids who will also be 18..and that's itimidating. Her idea of a clean room and mom's are going to differ. It's just a fact of the age. When mom tries to ask her why she lied...really... What is she going to say..."Mom, your a pain in the butt". Of course not. She was raised better than that. She's going to clam up.
I also found that the best time to talk to my kids has not been while the drama is unfolding.
They usually decide to "share" with me when I'm driving at 55 miles per hour on the Long Island Expressway...having to keep both hands on the wheel. I've had more "bonding" moments on that road ....all the while trying not to look as if I'm not horrified, or shocked, and happy that they felt comfortable enough to confide in me. Then I pull into the driveway, and have to pry my frozen fingers off of the wheel..and the fake smile plastered on my face starts to crack in FEAR! KIDS!:faint:

big kahuna1
08-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I AM ANGRY WITH MY DAUGHTER !!

She is 14 and sullen and grumpy a lot of the time. We've had trouble with her lately and her chores. She doesn't have many....picking up her room, emptying the dishwasher every other morning, taking care of her cat. We don't even expect her room to be spotless...just her floor cleared and her laundry put away correctly. When we ask her if she did something, she'll say yes and then it turns out she didn't she'll say "she forgot". She is a slob and we are always on her to clean up after herself. I don't know how many times I've had to explain how much easier her life would be if she just picked up after herself

This weekend she was supposed to go camping with my mom and stepdad. She was told to make sure she set her alarm so she would have enough time to properly do her chores. We are having a party this weekend and there will be people coming over that haven't been to the new house yet and I wanted everything to be clean. I told her all of this last night before she went to bed. My dh got up early to make sure she was up and ready. She SAID she did all of her chores and her room was nice and clean.

I got up and went into the kitchen and the dishwasher had NOT been emptied. She had already left to meet up with my mom so I called her. She said she "didn't know what day it was" so she didn't empty the dishwasher @@. I specifically asked her if she put away her clean laundry and she said YES she had. I told her she was going to be in big trouble if she was lying and she said she did it.

So I go up to her room and her clean laundry is still piled in her laundry baskets and her dirty clothes are shoved under her bed. !! I was so mad I called her again and my dh decided to bring her butt back home. So she comes in crying and stomped up to her room. My mom called mad at ME because her weekend was messed up now too.

My DH set the punishment and I have to stand behind it. I think it's appropriate. I feel bad that is also messed up my mom's plans, but my DD has to learn that we aren't going to put up with being lied to. If I had caved in and grounded her or something once she got back home, what kind of message would that have sent ??

I tried talking to her and she can't tell me WHY she lied. She isn't one who likes to talk in this situation. Instead she will walk around pouting and blast her music in her room for attention.

The scary part of this is that she is my oldest child...I have two more behind her that I have to get through

If you have never watched "Bill Cosby - Himself" you have to watch it. It is the funniest comedy act ever regarding raising children and is Dead On!! It will make you feel better knowing you are not alone.

auntie
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
You want "Angry at Daughters"..forget about the room..go down the road 7 years to Dumb *** boyfriends. THEN you'll be happy to be arguing about messy rooms. :) I'd like to put the boy friend in one of those big black contractor bags..that I've had to use to clean out her room, when she thought it was neat enough. Works like a charm by the way...I've seen the floor ever since!
Ooops.. I'm sorry..did mom throw out something important again. I'm sorry.

NOT!

Is this against the law officer...I had no idea?:confused3

Shannone1
08-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Update-

My dd is talking to me again. She says she isn't "mad" at me anymore and she understands why she was punished. She should've just admitted she didn't do it rather than lie about it.

I am a neat freak...but I don't expect my kids to be. Their rooms are their rooms. The only think I ask is that I can see most of the floor and that they keep their laundry organized. Laundry is the chore I dread the most !! :laundy: They have baskets in their closets for dirty laundry. I wash the clothes, fold them, put them back in the baskets and then they put the clothes away (the two oldest kids anyway). I am sick of washing clothes that are already clean because they didn't feel like putting them where they belong !! It's not that hard to put some clothes in dressers or closets (a lesson I have to remind my dh of too from time to time ;) )

What happened with my dd today was mostly to do with the lying. I have realized I will have to continue to ride them about their chores. In an ideal world they would do them perfectly without ever having to be told. But that's never gonna happen !!

But I am not going to put up with lying. And she did right to my dh's face and knew she was going to get caught. She just figured she's be long gone by the time we realized it. We caught her off guard by acting quickly. I think that's a GOOD thing...we need to keep them on their toes, right ?? :rolleyes:

Shannone1
08-01-2008, 02:09 PM
You want "Angry at Daughters"..forget about the room..go down the road 7 years to Dumb *** boyfriends. THEN you'll be happy to be arguing about messy rooms. :) I'd like to put the boy friend in one of those big black contractor bags..that I've had to use to clean out her room, when she thought it was neat enough. Works like a charm by the way...I've seen the floor ever since!
Ooops.. I'm sorry..did mom throw out something important again. I'm sorry.

NOT!

Is this against the law officer...I had no idea?:confused3

I don't even want to THINK about boyfriends yet :headache:

Colson39
08-01-2008, 02:14 PM
If you have never watched "Bill Cosby - Himself" you have to watch it. It is the funniest comedy act ever regarding raising children and is Dead On!! It will make you feel better knowing you are not alone.

That is still one of my favorite comedy shows ever, he was absolutely brilliant in that.

ntsammy5
08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
We're going to see Bill in about 3 weeks.......

VACAMPER
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Girl, i brought you into this world and I WILL take you out! I heard this alot as a child. Of coarse my mom was the person who kept a switch in between the pages of her bible at church. We didn't move a muscle during those long sermons.

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I am glad my kids have four legs and fur. I worry about them enough. :)
We have nieces that we can have fun with and then give them back when they turn rotten! :lmao:
Bill Cosby Himself is soooooooooooooooooooo funny! :thumbsup2

3gr8kids
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Bill Cosby should run for president :thumbsup2

loveDmouse
08-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I'd vote for him. :thumbsup2
Better than the choices we got right now! :headache:

auntie
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't even want to THINK about boyfriends yet :headache:

Me neither but I don't have a choice..I've been "ignoring" one for almost seven months. It's time to swallow my pride..and follow my own advise...because ignoring the situation hasn't worked. I have to ....aaaaccc..wait..I'm choking on my words:crazy2: ....Okay ACCEPT him. I did tell him the other night that I have NO idea what she see's in him...cause I'm not seein' it.(to that there was an aghast daughter yelling "MOM!". That if he hurts her..I'm going to let her father and brother do to him what they want to do.(please God..let me do it instead:sad2: ) That I'm gonna trust her judgement (again..I gag:scared: ) and give him the opportunity to show me what it is she does see in him. This...KILLED ME. :rolleyes:
Do you think that was "to the point enough"? Now I have to make nice and have him over for a BBQ. Like one big happy family. Happy, happy joy..joy.:dance3: (you want to be sitting around that table?...LOL!)
My hope is by welcoming him in...(such as it is) he will have to step up and actually be the man she thinks he is...OR..she's gonna see that he's not who she thinks he is. Either way..by ignoring him we've only pushed her closer to him..she protects him. Now....we shall see.
If all else fails..there are those contractor bags!

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
If my kids want "Thier own space"...they can move the hell out and rent their own space somewhere else. I bought this house, I paid for the crap they clutter their rooms with...I pay for the electricity that they refuse to turn off in the middle of the day when they arent even home...I pay for the food that gives them energy to make the messes thay make....I pay for the water they fill the bathtub to the very rim with the clean the dirt they gathered from someplace I probably DONT pay for and selflessly brought home to me.
This is MY world, I bought it....Im simply lending it to them till they are old enough to bully their own kids around in a home that THEY have paid for!!!!!
That being said....I havent seen the floor of my 2 oldest daughters' rooms in many months....doesnt matter how tough or lenient you are...you're kids were created to piss you off!!

We4mickey
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
If my kids want "Thier own space"...they can move the hell out and rent their own space somewhere else. I bought this house, I paid for the crap they clutter their rooms with...I pay for the electricity that they refuse to turn off in the middle of the day when they arent even home...I pay for the food that gives them energy to make the messes thay make....I pay for the water they fill the bathtub to the very rim with the clean the dirt they gathered from someplace I probably DONT pay for and selflessly brought home to me.
This is MY world, I bought it....Im simply lending it to them till they are old enough to bully their own kids around in a home that THEY have paid for!!!!!
That being said....I havent seen the floor of my 2 oldest daughters' rooms in many months....doesnt matter how tough or lenient you are...you're kids were created to piss you off!!

Amen ;)

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 05:03 PM
My hope is by welcoming him in...(such as it is) he will have to step up and actually be the man she thinks he is...OR..she's gonna see that he's not who she thinks he is. Either way..by ignoring him we've only pushed her closer to him..she protects him. Now....we shall see.
If all else fails..there are those contractor bags!

Auntie....start coming on to the kid when your daughters not in the room. Make some very sexual advances to him (warn your husband first so he knows whats going on). When you start making passes at the kid....he's gonna tell your daughter...who, in return will NEVER believe YOUD do something so disgusting especially to someone that she KNOWS you detest!!!! She'll start to question is sanity, or at the very least his honesty. When she finally gets the balls to confront you with it....deny every thing!!! Deny it till your dying day. If it doesnt work...what have you lost? Dignity? Pffffft, who needs THAT crap???? Think of how much fun this could be!!!!

terri01p
08-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I have two dd, one has a disability and people alway look at us and think poor things, are you kidding...she's the easiest child I have ever raised, polite, always quick to say sorry, a dream child, except for health of course.

Our second dd was beautiful, perfect phyical health, spoiled, alway catered to, her attiude alway sucked and a total mess from the time she turned about 15..we thanked our luck stars whenever she moved out what a huge pain in the butt she was...now she is grown and a mature sweetheart but back then, I would have sold her on the black market for 2.00 if someone would have had her.

auntie
08-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Auntie....start coming on to the kid when your daughters not in the room. Make some very sexual advances to him (warn your husband first so he knows whats going on). When you start making passes at the kid....he's gonna tell your daughter...who, in return will NEVER believe YOUD do something so disgusting especially to someone that she KNOWS you detest!!!! She'll start to question is sanity, or at the very least his honesty. When she finally gets the balls to confront you with it....deny every thing!!! Deny it till your dying day. If it doesnt work...what have you lost? Dignity? Pffffft, who needs THAT crap???? Think of how much fun this could be!!!!

Dignity..what's that..I forget?:confused:

Nahh...I'm thinking this seduction idea of yours probably wouldn't work..I mean I already told the kid I would run him over with a car. Oh..did I leave out that part of the story?:confused3 .. Silly me..I'm sorry.:laughing:

auntie
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM

I'm reading this thinking....I've said all that..and thought all that..and it didn't work. Then I read how it turned out for you.....

Regular tough guy you are! :rotfl2:

des1954
08-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Gee thanks :scared:

I'm no expert at raising children - never having had any....but as I was reading your original story I was thinking....hmmmm....if DD isnt' too far away, I would have made her come home. Then I read that your DH did make her come home. :thumbsup2

No, I don't think you're being overly harsh. It's not like you're abusing her or beating her. You're just trying to keep her within the boundaries you have set. You & DH are the parents, and that's your privilege. She has to learn that there are consequences for her choices - and that's just how life is.

Now... march into her room, take out the TV, stereo, MP3 player, cell phone.... all the toys... and hand her a book to read. She'll either read it or fall asleep. Either way you'll have peace. And for goodness sake, have her load and unload the dishwasher every day for a week. That is not too much to expect from a 14 year old.

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm angry today.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Are you challenging me to a duel? :lmao:

VACAMPER
08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Fight! Fight!

des1954
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm angry today.You were angry yesterday. I am revoking your "angry" card due to over-usage. There....now you're happy again!:goodvibes

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 01:30 PM
today I'm pissed off, and that mood isn't expected to change anytime soon

big kahuna1
08-05-2008, 01:30 PM
:scared1: I'm angry today.

Are you challenging me to a duel?

Pete, I got your back! We all know Woman do not fight fair. Now, who's got my back?:scared1:

jrandtysmom
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
popcorn::

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
today I'm pissed off, and that mood isn't expected to change anytime soon

Are you for real, or just jerking our chains?

If you're serious.....what's wrong?

If you are only saying this to catch me off gaurd for our fight then you can leave the gorilla warfare at the door, Buster. Fighting dirty is my job!

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm mad at work.

des1954
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
gorilla

Guerilla - Gorilla.... big difference!:lmao:

I'm mad at work.

I take it the freeze is still on??? I know how frustrating that can be. Don't let it ruin your life Pete --- some day, you'll have it all behind you and you'll wonder why on earth you let some things eat at you. It's truly NOT worth it!

Take a deep breath, big guy, and think of your wonderful wife and beautiful children. Those are the ONLY things that matter!

VACAMPER
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
just sending encouragement to Pete.:thumbsup2 (i'm even restraining from using the goodvibes smiley)

terri01p
08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey look at it this way Pete at least you have a job to be mad at ! :hyper2:

tellnotails
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm mad at work.

I'm so mad at work today that I'm not going to steal any thing today.......

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Guerilla - Gorilla.... big difference!:lmao:

Oh snap! I'm a dufus! :lmao:

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I want to change homeowners insurance policies...I have not had pleasant conversations with them today, to put it lightly...

I did send Pete a funny email and I am sending him another one now to cheer him up...it is how not to let a bear out after rehab...

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I want to change homeowners insurance policies...I have not had pleasant conversations with them today, to put it lightly...

I did send Pete a funny email and I am sending him another one now to cheer him up...it is how not to let a bear out after rehab...

Can you share it here?

g8trmom1
08-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey look at it this way Pete at least you have a job to be mad at ! :hyper2:

That's what I told him. It's not like the situation is dire...but it would have been an exceptional opportunity. Maybe things will change. I always say everything happens for a reason. And let me tell you guys, Pete is not one to ever complain about work and is rarely in a bad mood, ever!! So you know how much this meant to him!!

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Can you share it here?

which one, the email or the fact that the insurance agent says black is white?

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
That's what I told him. It's not like the situation is dire...but it would have been an exceptional opportunity. Maybe things will change. I always say everything happens for a reason. And let me tell you guys, Pete is not one to ever complain about work and is rarely in a bad mood, ever!! So you know how much this meant to him!!

Everything does happen for a reason! Sometimes road blocks come up and encourage some much needed change. I realize I may not have a clue what's really going on here, but it sounds like this company could use some change and maybe a "person" reviewing situations instead of a "system." Tell him to stay positive. I know it will all work out!

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
which one, the email or the fact that the insurance agent says black is white?

Both

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 06:00 PM
ok, give me a minute for the email, cuz it is all pics and it will take me a minute to post it and i'll get to the insurance agent after that...

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
ok, give me a minute for the email, cuz it is all pics and it will take me a minute to post it and i'll get to the insurance agent after that...

:laughing: Ok...take your time.

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok, here is not the best way to release a bear back into the wild after rehab...

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1315/bear1wm8.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/323/bear2dq9.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7549/bear3rf6.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8300/bear4mc9.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5594/bear5ju7.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3338/bear6tv6.jpg

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8087/bear7jh0.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/488/bear8ow6.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1169/bear9qn9.jpg

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Ok, other sticking point today...ongoing argument with insurance agent...

back in '06, policy stated that I had to have a hurricane shutter certification and a statement from my contractor about all this stuff my house did and did not have...well, i faxed all this in and only got the shutter discount and no one can tell me why nothing else was done, the agent or corporate

the agent's assistant just wants to tell me there never were such discounts (which the head office says differently) and that the piece of paper I have from my policy did not come from her office and she is just an "Indian"...i told her that was a lie and it had her company's name all over it and that i would just take it up with corporate because her customer service was lacking at best...her office also failed to call me last year to tell me that a brand new form had to be filled out by the contractor and when asked why she called this year and not last, she said i should have done it myself last year because it was all over the news because of the change and it was my responsibility...she was just making a courtesy call this year because i was on the list of people with no discounts (gee i wonder why, i had already done this once...) we then had another lengthy conversation about ineptness of customer service...

so i have the new and improved form faxed to her and an email with pictures of the four sides of my house so to prove that the contractor is not lying...let the next round begin...oh and i called corporate and told them what was going on because they tried to blame it on them saying the underwriter never gave them the fax..yada yada and the underwriter doesn't work there anymore yada yada...

i go through this every august with them...

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Ok, here is not the best way to release a bear back into the wild after rehab...

Sheesh! see Pete, it could be worse! You could have this guy's job!

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok, other sticking point today...ongoing argument with insurance agent...

i go through this every august with them...

You need a better insurance company. You have better things to do with your August.

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
You need a better insurance company. You have better things to do with your August.

I sure do! Like talking to another insurance agent tomorrow, or the insurance commission, whichever I feel more evil doing tomorrow!

LarryJ
08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
One of my friends at church stopped by the office to tell me about her family's vacation at FtW last week. She said that FtW was basically a ghost town. She also said a CM jumped in her face for letting her son drive the GC they rented. Her son is 16 with his learners permit, and she was with him.

If you knew my friend and did this to her, you wouldn't have known what hit you!! She jumped right back in his face and just about shoved the learners permit up his nose and told him to concentrate on the 7 year olds driving carts without adult supervision. This happened on day 2 of their 7 day stay and she stewed about it for a long time.

She & her DH are both hard working individuals and like most of us, have to watch their money. They could have chosen to stay elsewhere, but chose FtW to spend their vacation and their money at...and by the looks of the occupancy of the fort others ARE choosing to stay elsewhere. FtW and WDW as a whole should think about that!

People are frustrated with the economy and their fuses are getting shorter. It's showing everywhere you turn!

Been thru the early 1970's gas crisis and hour's wait to get my 10 gals of gas, the later 1970's Ca. water crisis where we were using bath water to water plants and not flushing toilets until there were at least either 10 number 1's or 3 to 4 number 2's:lmao: and endured Jimmy C's outrageous inflation so this current situation is just another bump in the road of life so those that take things too seriously I just keep quiet and get thru whatever is facing me.

Larry

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I sure do! Like talking to another insurance agent tomorrow, or the insurance commission, whichever I feel more evil doing tomorrow!

if you need a guy, let me know, my buddy sells....he's in boca or ft lauderdale

or you can harass kahuna

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I need to harass kahuna. I'm angry with him.

stacktester
08-05-2008, 08:30 PM

Yeah me too because according to the who's at the fort calendar he's there now for a while and he says he's coming to the LDGG. I think I've lost my status as "always at the fort" to several other dis'ers. Sign me as not there as much as I used to. Maybe the new chic will like the fort and want to go more. I need funding from her lol.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah me too because according to the who's at the fort calendar he's there now for a while and he says he's coming to the LDGG. I think I've lost my status as "always at the fort" to several other dis'ers. Sign me as not there as much as I used to. Maybe the new chic will like the fort and want to go more. I need funding from her lol.

You're so romantic....."The new Chic" and needing funding from her....god bless, what a swetheart you are! :lmao:

Us3
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
hahaha...I'll have to remember to mention to Donna that she is the new chic that funds Donnie's trips to the Fort! :rotfl:

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
if you need a guy, let me know, my buddy sells....he's in boca or ft lauderdale

or you can harass kahuna

I almost called Renee this afternoon, you don't know how close I came...

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Why?

des1954
08-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Does she have a cool fishing boat? That would make her the perfect woman, Donnie!

des1954
08-06-2008, 06:46 AM

The state insurance commission is a joke, Jen. It seems that they protect the insurance industry, and not the consumers. Just look at the "deal" Crist & Bill Nelson recently made with Warren Buffet!!!

Before you change companies, try to find out the saturation of the new company in your area. If they have too many insurers, they can cancel your policy without just cause. Allstate has & still does this. If you belong to a credit union, find out what insurance companies they partner with and if you're eligible for a discount. We went with Liberty Mutual on cars & house just for that reason. We get a 10% discount because we're CU members.

Because your area was hard hit in 2004, you might have some trouble finding a new company that won't cancel you after six months. If that happens, you'll be stuck in the state insurance pool and your insurance will double. My MIL has no insurance on her house now due to that. Her house is worth maybe $75K not including the property it sits on, and she was going to be charged almost $6K a year for insurance - and that was in 2006. Because her home is mortgage free, she doesn't have to have insurance.

If your policy is cancelled and your mortgage company "assigns" you to the pool ----- look out!! You or Chris would have to get a second job just to pay the homeowners. Don't look to the insurance commission for any help. They are a joke!

big kahuna1
08-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Uh oh! What did I do?:eek:

???? Okay, is there another Kahuna on this forum?:confused3

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Down With Kahuna, Down With Steve, He's A Witch, Burn Him

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Uh oh! What did I do?:eek:

???? Okay, is there another Kahuna on this forum?:confused3

No...it's you. :sad2:

You see.......I was a peace loving girl. With a daddy who is an activist....fighting against the inhumanity of hog farms. I fought along side him. Never allowing pork products to touch my lips. Down with the hog farms that pack those piggies in like sardines and feed them antibiotics and allow them to wallow in their own fecal matter! I eat only happy animals.

Then one day, the evil Kahuna tempted me with visions of venison, water chestnuts, jalepenos.......wrapped in bacon. I succomed. It was only one....and I'm sure it must have been a happy pig.

For weeks, memory of that delicious morsal stayed with me until one day......I just had to have a BLT. I couldn't fight it any longer. A few nights ago I cooked a lovely dish called Penne Calabrese. A dish that included.......italian sasauge! {gasp}

So you see. I have to keep an ugly secret from my own father. And it's all your good cooking fault.

Us3
08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
My daddy worked for Hormel for like 40 years :rolleyes1

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Pork fat rules

bigdisneydaddy
08-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Pork fat rules

Pork fat = Love

BigDaddyRog
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
We're all going to need bypass surgery...maybe we can get a group discount!!!

Congrats on the swallowing of the pig Ami...its been LOOOONG over due!

PolynesianPixie
08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
it was good

g8trmom1
08-06-2008, 09:32 AM
it was good

Ami you crack me up!!

big kahuna1
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, I'll be making more of that stuff this next GG!!

In addition, they opened up an Italian Market about 4 miles from my house so we'll see what good things will come from that for the GG!!!:thumbsup2

Gatordad
08-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I wish they'd open one near us. There should be plenty on that coast.

AuburnJen92
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
The state insurance commission is a joke, Jen. It seems that they protect the insurance industry, and not the consumers. Just look at the "deal" Crist & Bill Nelson recently made with Warren Buffet!!!

Before you change companies, try to find out the saturation of the new company in your area. If they have too many insurers, they can cancel your policy without just cause. Allstate has & still does this. If you belong to a credit union, find out what insurance companies they partner with and if you're eligible for a discount. We went with Liberty Mutual on cars & house just for that reason. We get a 10% discount because we're CU members.

Because your area was hard hit in 2004, you might have some trouble finding a new company that won't cancel you after six months. If that happens, you'll be stuck in the state insurance pool and your insurance will double. My MIL has no insurance on her house now due to that. Her house is worth maybe $75K not including the property it sits on, and she was going to be charged almost $6K a year for insurance - and that was in 2006. Because her home is mortgage free, she doesn't have to have insurance.

If your policy is cancelled and your mortgage company "assigns" you to the pool ----- look out!! You or Chris would have to get a second job just to pay the homeowners. Don't look to the insurance commission for any help. They are a joke!

I have had the same company since I bought the house in 2000. They just really get to me. They only write policies for teachers and their families. I am policy shopping and venting, not canceling (yet). I watched my parents go through what you just described. I promise I will be careful.

auntie
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Had to pay my tax bill (general taxes due on the house today):headache: This makes me angry..coming back from vacation to pay taxes..last day without penalty. Needless to say this makes me angry. Probably not as angry as paying the school tax that is due come October. But still...not happy.
Well, at least I have a place to vent about it. I honestly don't know what the heck we're even paying for anymore. Having been on vacation I really didn't want to come home ..let alone pay a tax bill. Reality stinks.:sad2:

g8trmom1
08-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Had to pay my tax bill (general taxes due on the house today):headache: This makes me angry..coming back from vacation to pay taxes..last day without penalty. Needless to say this makes me angry. Probably not as angry as paying the school tax that is due come October. But still...not happy.
Well, at least I have a place to vent about it. I honestly don't know what the heck we're even paying for anymore. Having been on vacation I really didn't want to come home ..let alone pay a tax bill. Reality stinks.:sad2:

You need to get out of Long Island and move down to Florida. Those taxes are crazy up there.

Brer Bear
08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I eat only happy animals.

I would like to know exactly which members of the animal kingdom fit this description? I know I'M happy when I'm eating them...chicken, cows, fish, piggies, uneasily identified nuggets...:love:

auntie
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
You need to get out of Long Island and move down to Florida. Those taxes are crazy up there.

We have tossed that idea around before. I do have some cousins who have done as you suggest. Things are a changin' here for us. With both our work and family situation. Mostly we're being screwed in more ways than you can imagine. I am the primary care giver for my parents who are both in poor health. I should say my sister and I are. I couldn't leave that on her alone. Although we do have two brothers..but when it comes to actually caring for our parents...not so much.:sad2: It's like my dad used to say when we were little. "A son is a son till he gets him a wife, your daughter is your daughter for the rest of her life."
I think my dad saw the writing on the wall even back then. :sad2: I'd have to pack up the whole damn family..but I'm seriously thinking it's not a bad idea. Maybe that's just my Fl. vacation talking, but we've not been happy here for a while. I don't think there is anything much I'd miss about Long Island. I would miss our trips to upstate NY..but not much about the Island.

PolynesianPixie
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I would like to know exactly which members of the animal kingdom fit this description? I know I'M happy when I'm eating them...chicken, cows, fish, piggies, uneasily identified nuggets...:love:

HeeHee! When I eat an animal I like to picture a cow (or whatever) spending lazy days in a lush green field, surrounded by friendly cows and family cows. Frolicking, slurping up the cool, blue water from a nearby spring. Eating only corn and grain grown on the same land with no use of pesticides. Never a shot of hormones given, never put in a steel building. Cared for by sweet farmers who take joy in the care that they give. They are humanely killed and turned into lunch meet only when their lives have been lived to the fullest potential.

I just ate bacon again...so please, please....DON"T TELL ME OTHERWISE!

des1954
08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
HeeHee! When I eat an animal I like to picture a cow (or whatever) spending lazy days in a lush green field, surrounded by friendly cows and family cows. Frolicking, slurping up the cool, blue water from a nearby spring. Eating only corn and grain grown on the same land with no use of pesticides. Never a shot of hormones given, never put in a steel building. Cared for by sweet farmers who take joy in the care that they give. They are humanely killed and turned into lunch meet only when their lives have been lived to the fullest potential.

Cows are stupid. I was raised in dairy farm country. Trust me... they're stupid.

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
The cow is the perfect example of an animal created by God solely to be a food source for us. They serve no other purpose. The pig is the same. I mean, what else are they good for except to eat? My uncle had a pig once that he was afraid to kill - the thing was huge and mean. It died of old age, but it was still pretty good. My great aunt had a large dairy farm. Cows were tools - they were only good so far as they would make money. When the milk production went down, they were toast. They had a particularly cool instrument to kill them which involved a .22 round in a stick that was placed between the eyes and BLAM - down they went.

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
You want to talk stupid farm animals - domestic turkeys are about the dumbest creature I have ever seen - an insult to their wild counterpart. My family knew this turkey farmer who told me they had to keep them under cover because when it rained, the stupid turkey would look up to see where the water was coming from with its mouth open and drown. I never did figure out if he was kidding me or not, but they were dumb birds.

ntsammy5
08-11-2008, 08:52 PM
I had a friend in Texas who had a bunch of pigs he trained to bend their front legas and pray before the ate. Taught them with a 2x4!

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Oh man, pigs are the worst. If people saw them wallowing around in their own crap and eating the garbage they do, nobody would eat bacon. I don't know how anything so disgusting can taste so good. And the boars are mean as spit.

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks, guys. Starting tomorrow I'm becoming a vegetarian. :sick:

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
once you clean them up and cook them, who cares what they wallowed in??:lmao:

3gr8kids
08-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Around here we have some moose, and you want to see a dumb animal? My goodness, they're as dumb as a box! I don't really know anyone that eats moose-meat, though. :confused3

3gr8kids
08-11-2008, 09:14 PM

He was a happy pig. :hug:

AuburnJen92
08-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Around here we have some moose, and you want to see a dumb animal? My goodness, they're as dumb as a box! I don't really know anyone that eats moose-meat, though. :confused3

has kahuna had moose?

ftwildernessguy
08-11-2008, 09:21 PM
A moose is a funny looking cow with a goofy hat.

3gr8kids
08-11-2008, 09:25 PM
A moose is a funny looking cow with a goofy hat.

:rotfl2:

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 09:30 PM

Auntie, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Our taxes here in NJ are totally out of control! Our school tax is included in our property tax bill and 70% of what we pay goes to the schools. I feel so bad for the senior citizens. The rising cost of taxes is just pushing them out of their homes that they have lived in for decades. I also would love to move out of here, but I can't leave my parents. I, too, have a brother, but he is useless when it comes to depending on him to take on any "care" that is needed. :mad:

auntie
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Auntie, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Our taxes here in NJ are totally out of control! Our school tax is included in our property tax bill and 70% of what we pay goes to the schools. I feel so bad for the senior citizens. The rising cost of taxes is just pushing them out of their homes that they have lived in for decades. I also would love to move out of here, but I can't leave my parents. I, too, have a brother, but he is useless when it comes to depending on him to take on any "care" that is needed. :mad:

We have a retired neighbor couple who are renting out their basement apartment, so that they can afford to stay in the house they raised their family in. I might add that it is illegal to do this, but we neighbors don't have the heart to rat them out. They rent to another older couple who don't own a car, so they aren't taking any parking space on the street up, and they don't have kids that the school district has to pay to educate. So...the neighbors look the other way. Otherwise, they could not afford to stay here on the island. They raised their 4 kids here, but can't make it between the taxes and the cost of living. He was a truck driver, and she is a retired nurse.
Unfortunately this is becoming more the norm. We are loosing our young people because there is no affordable housing for them. When apts rent for some $1600 a month..it's tough to save for a house. Even a small starter/fixer upper type home is at least $400,000.

terri01p
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm so glad my house will be paid for in 4 years, I hope I make it! :rolleyes1

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
The sad truth is that even if you own your home outright, you still have to pay the taxes or you could lose it due to a tax lien. It's heartbreaking to see the elderly who thought they had saved enough and had some sort of pension that can't pay their taxes. Some of these people may end up with a tax lien against their property and, if not eventually paid, can be foresclosed on by the lienholder. Can you imagine losing your life-long home because you couldn't afford to pay the taxes?

The home prices are unreasonable here, too. I don't know how the young people who are trying to buy their first house are going to be able to do it. We aren't even in the most expensive part of NJ and we are stunned by the astronomical prices of "fixer-uppers" here, not to mention the "McMansions". I thank God I bought in 1995 when the prices were low(er).

g8trmom1
08-11-2008, 10:31 PM
We left NJ in 03--our property taxes were over 10K. We came down here with my parents. They live a mile away in the same subdivision, so if they need me (they are 72 and 82) I am close by. The winters up north were also a major factor....I love winter down here in Fla. It's just gorgeous. The kids love being able to play outside year round, and Pete loves to play golf in January!!:goodvibes

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM
We left NJ in 03--our property taxes were over 10K. We came down here with my parents. They live a mile away in the same subdivision, so if they need me (they are 72 and 82) I am close by. The winters up north were also a major factor....I love winter down here in Fla. It's just gorgeous. The kids love being able to play outside year round, and Pete loves to play golf in January!!:goodvibes

I wish I could get my parents to move with us! They are 72 and almost 79 and too stubborn for their own good! Actually, they are in excellent shape, physically and mentally. Thank God. But I just can't leave them. I know that, God forbid, when they do start to fail, it will be easier for me to be close geographically. But I will have no problem leaving my brother behind.... :lmao:

DH went to Fla. last year to help Dade County with a crane they bought from the company he works for. They told him anytime he wanted, he could have a job with them. Don't know if they really meant it, but hey, you never know. :confused3

BigDaddyRog
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh man, pigs are the worst. If people saw them wallowing around in their own crap and eating the garbage they do, nobody would eat bacon. I don't know how anything so disgusting can taste so good. And the boars are mean as spit.

We used to have a pig named Homer...it was supposed to be a mini-pot bellied....but that sucker got upto like 80lbs!!!! HE was really cute and sweet when he was little(he was only little for about 10 minutes), but once he hit puberty...he HATED my guts....he loved all the girls and my wife...even the dog...but he hated me with a passion...I think he knew I was the leader....and he wanted to kill me and take over. I was literally afraid to go in my backyard without a shovel. He would grumble in this low tone at me...kinda like a snarl...but with definate rhythm, more like a death chant. I honestly think Satan was channeling through him and he was threatening me.

We finally gave him away to some kids who wanted him...they lived in a 3rd floor apartment with a tiny balcony......I hope that sucker jumped!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/7a616329.jpg

2goofycampers
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Our total property tax for the year $1251.00. 5 fenced acres, 2100 sq. ft. brick home with 2 car garage and 36'x36' metal building. Now our sales tax is 9.75 percent on everything including food.

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 11:08 PM
We have a small ranch house (2br, 2ba) on 7 acres with a detached garage/shop and we pay about $5,000/yr, which is actually cheap for NJ. (I think it's so low because the house is really small.) Our sales tax is 7%.

Just Beachy
08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
We used to have a pig named Homer...it was supposed to be a mini-pot bellied....but that sucker got upto like 80lbs!!!! HE was really cute and sweet when he was little(he was only little for about 10 minutes), but once he hit puberty...he HATED my guts....he loved all the girls and my wife...even the dog...but he hated me with a passion...I think he knew I was the leader....and he wanted to kill me and take over. I was literally afraid to go in my backyard without a shovel. He would grumble in this low tone at me...kinda like a snarl...but with definate rhythm, more like a death chant. I honestly think Satan was channeling through him and he was threatening me.

We finally gave him away to some kids who wanted him...they lived in a 3rd floor apartment with a tiny balcony......I hope that sucker jumped!

One of my friends' daughter has a pig as a pet. It's litter box trained. I wish I could train my dogs to do that! :lmao: I don't recall the pig having a problem with the daughter's DH, though. I think he's a pretty friendly pig. He's even best friends with the dog, Stanley, who is a dachshund.

des1954
08-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Our taxes on our home in Polk County Fla are right at $3K/year-after $25K homestead exemption. Now mind you...our lot is tiny. In 2004, our property taxes were $978.00. In 2005-6 when real estate went outta site, the county propery appraiser up-ed the value of all homes in the county (by 25-30%). Now that the values are reduced, have they lowered the taxes? NOOOOO WAY!

My dear MIL had to choose between paying her property taxes or paying for home-owners insurance. Because her home is mortgage free, she dropped the insurance coverage. We've advised her if anything happens - she can sell the lot & move in with us. Actually, I wish she'd do that now cause I LOVE my MIL! My DH hopes it doesn't happen cause his mom & I are an evil pair & can find many ways to get into trouble!:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Our taxes on our home in Polk County Fla are right at $3K/year-after $25K homestead exemption. Now mind you...our lot is tiny. In 2004, our property taxes were $978.00. In 2005-6 when real estate went outta site, the county propery appraiser up-ed the value of all homes in the county (by 25-30%). Now that the values are reduced, have they lowered the taxes? NOOOOO WAY!

Sounds to me like the Democrats at work. :rotfl2:

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM

Mmmmmmm, I love pig !
Pork Fat RULES !!

3gr8kids
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/kbemc/pig.jpg

:rotfl:

Us3
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/kbemc/pig.jpg

:rotfl:

:lmao:

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
That is too funny! Rog the reason the pig didn't like you was you were always smearing him up with brown sugar and putting little pineapple rings on his back and he was getting nervous!

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!! Ya'll are sick!!!!! And THAT was priceless, Karla!!!!

des1954
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
<sniff....sniff.....sniff>

Do I smell sausage gravy and biscuits ????

"This little piggy cried 'Wee Wee Wee' all the way to the butcher shop!"

auntie
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
The sad truth is that even if you own your home outright, you still have to pay the taxes or you could lose it due to a tax lien. It's heartbreaking to see the elderly who thought they had saved enough and had some sort of pension that can't pay their taxes. Some of these people may end up with a tax lien against their property and, if not eventually paid, can be foresclosed on by the lienholder. Can you imagine losing your life-long home because you couldn't afford to pay the taxes?

Our neighbors do have their home paid for. I mean they are comfortable if they rent out the basement apartment and their pension..but if they couldn't do that they'd be forced to relocate. We are looking at our situation down the road just a bit..and frankly I don't know how we will be able to retire here.

Our taxes are $7,000...and we have Gruman and industry around us to take up some of the tax base...or they'd be higher. It's actually one of the reasons we've stayed where we are..the rest of the island is so much more, that our taxes are very reasonable in comparison. The winters are horrible here..as you know. Frankly there isn't enough snow to make it look nice..just enough to slip and slide and turn yucky grey in a day or so. Also...the older I get the longer my driveway seems to be getting...what is that? :confused: Why is it that kids aren't around when it needs to be plowed or shoveled? How do they manage that?:confused:
My parents are both in poor health. My dad is paralyzed on his right side, and uses a motorized wheel chair, and my mom has rhumetoid(sorry spelling) arthritis along with heart problems. They are 67 and 68. Moving us all would be an option..of course there is that little matter of an INCOME. :headache:

You are lucky to have made the choice when you did. The younger the better I think. My son who is NYPD has already made arrangements to take a Fl. state test, looking for a lateral transfer. We have one neighbor's son who was also NYPD and I think he now works for Broward County Sheriff Dept. The kid (well, a kid to me... he's 28) was shot while on the job there in a domestic dispute..and STILL won't come back to NY...he loves it there.

ftwildernessguy
08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Rheumatoid. Just helping you out, Phyllis.

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Thank you Letterman.

g8trmom1
08-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Our neighbors do have their home paid for. I mean they are comfortable if they rent out the basement apartment and their pension..but if they couldn't do that they'd be forced to relocate. We are looking at our situation down the road just a bit..and frankly I don't know how we will be able to retire here.

Our taxes are $7,000...and we have Gruman and industry around us to take up some of the tax base...or they'd be higher. It's actually one of the reasons we've stayed where we are..the rest of the island is so much more, that our taxes are very reasonable in comparison. The winters are horrible here..as you know. Frankly there isn't enough snow to make it look nice..just enough to slip and slide and turn yucky grey in a day or so. Also...the older I get the longer my driveway seems to be getting...what is that? :confused: Why is it that kids aren't around when it needs to be plowed or shoveled? How do they manage that?:confused:
My parents are both in poor health. My dad is paralyzed on his right side, and uses a motorized wheel chair, and my mom has rhumetoid(sorry spelling) arthritis along with heart problems. They are 67 and 68. Moving us all would be an option..of course there is that little matter of an INCOME. :headache:

You are lucky to have made the choice when you did. The younger the better I think. My son who is NYPD has already made arrangements to take a Fl. state test, looking for a lateral transfer. We have one neighbor's son who was also NYPD and I think he now works for Broward County Sheriff Dept. The kid (well, a kid to me... he's 28) was shot while on the job there in a domestic dispute..and STILL won't come back to NY...he loves it there.

Funny you should say that. You hear about shootings , alot of them are domestic. I guess because down here everyone has a gun. Not as much random violence. We live north of Tampa, and it's very nice.

auntie
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM

Thanks.. ;) as many times as I've taken her to the Dr. you would think that I would know the correct spelling.

Funny you should say that. You hear about shootings , alot of them are domestic. I guess because down here everyone has a gun. Not as much random violence. We live north of Tampa, and it's very nice.

I have no idea where Broward County even is. .I just thought it was ironic that he was on the job here in NY and winds up getting shot in Florida on a domestic..and STILL won't come back to NY. He'd rather take his chances there. We all laughed about it..but tells you something about NY as of late.
I did have an Aunt and Uncle who lived near Tarpon Springs, and we flew into Tampa when we visited them. (they've since past away) We've visited Clearwater..and I have another Aunt who lives north in Jacksonville. They moved there some 25 years ago..and have never had any desire to move back. Also a cousin in Melbourne, however, I've yet to visit them.

My main concern would be my parents and my sister. I'm pretty much the only relative the kiddies have. Me being "Auntie" and all. We have brothers, but things haven't been good in the family for quite a while. They find the situation regarding my parents health ..oh..what was the phrase my brother used?...oh yes..."overwhelmingly depressing". Really..ya think? Who would have thought? Dopes. :rolleyes:
They choose to insulate their children from it, by not visiting or blaming my parents for their own health issues. I say..what difference does it make..they're our parents. You're kids don't break from seeing illness or hardship. You'd be surprised how compassionate and resilient they can be because of it. Kids, even young ones roll with it..they take their cue from their parents. Oh well...that's a WHOLE other post. Sorry about that.:guilty:

des1954
08-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I have no idea where Broward County even is.
Broward County = Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding cities.
We have brothers, but things haven't been good in the family for quite a while. They find the situation regarding my parents health ..oh..what was the phrase my brother used?...oh yes..."overwhelmingly depressing". Really..ya think? Who would have thought? Dopes. :rolleyes:

I have another brother (besides Al) that, when I told him our mom was dying of lung cancer & only had about 6 weeks left to live, responded by saying: "Mom's a tough old bird. She'll pull through it." Talk about denial!!! Well, she did die 6 weeks later - almost to the day. Then, he didn't want to come down for her memorial service!:eek: I had some very choice words to say to him and needless to say, he did come down. He's the same brother who went into denial when our father was dying. Al, on the other hand, did what he could from 1500 miles away to help out - even if it was calling every day (before cell phones) and paying exorbitant long distance charges. Because I was the only child living in the area - I had the honors of being the caretaker. It was tough, but I made it. If Al could have helped in that respect, he would have done it in (pardon the expression) a New York minute.

My mom had this saying: "A son is a son til he takes a wife. A daughter's a daughter all of her life." This doesn't apply to Al, but certainly does to our other brother.

Talking Hands
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I have no idea where Broward County even is.
Broward County is the county north of Miami-Dade in the Southeast of Florida. From the furthest south it is Monroe (Keys), Miami-Dade (Miami, Coral Gables, hialeah, etc), Broward (Ft Lauderdale, etc) and West Palm Beach counties

Gatordad
08-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I was just going to say near Miami, but well put. welcome to the crazy camping board.

Born 2 Fish
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Broward County is the county north of Miami-Dade in the Southeast of Florida. From the furthest south it is Monroe (Keys), Miami-Dade (Miami, Coral Gables, hialeah, etc), Broward (Ft Lauderdale, etc) and West Palm Beach counties

Lisbet Gabrielle,
I haven't been around on the camping board too long myself,,but if I am not mistaken , I have not seen you here before ? If you are new here, then Welcome ! If I am mistaken, then Wecome back !

Rhonda
08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Broward County is where half of the Cops episodes are filmed from! :happytv:

AuburnJen92
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Yes, and when they don't behave there, they move to St. Lucie County and live with me. Fun!

By the way, the rule of thumb (as I understand it from the SRO's (School Resource Officers) is that Domestic Calls always arrive with backup for the reasons described in the previous posts...

auntie
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I have another brother (besides Al) that, when I told him our mom was dying of lung cancer & only had about 6 weeks left to live, responded by saying: "Mom's a tough old bird. She'll pull through it." Talk about denial!!! Well, she did die 6 weeks later - almost to the day. Then, he didn't want to come down for her memorial service!:eek: I had some very choice words to say to him and needless to say, he did come down. He's the same brother who went into denial when our father was dying. Al, on the other hand, did what he could from 1500 miles away to help out - even if it was calling every day (before cell phones) and paying exorbitant long distance charges. Because I was the only child living in the area - I had the honors of being the caretaker. It was tough, but I made it. If Al could have helped in that respect, he would have done it in (pardon the expression) a New York minute.

My mom had this saying: "A son is a son til he takes a wife. A daughter's a daughter all of her life." This doesn't apply to Al, but certainly does to our other brother.

Deb..In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that my dad used to say the same thing to my sister and I when we were young. I think he saw the handwriting on the wall way back when.

auntie
08-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Ever notice no one EVER has a shirt on in those episodes?...What's up with that?

BigDaddyRog
08-12-2008, 08:50 PM
..I mentioned that my dad used to say the same thing to my sister and I when we were young...

My dad used to always say "Get the heck up and change the damn channel, M.A.S.H. is on!"....words of wisdom I'll never forget!!!

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
words to live by Rog

auntie
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
My dad loved MASH too. One of the few tv shows he watched. :happytv: (besides a hockey game)
Although he did usually watch while downing a gin and tonic ..maybe that's why he thought it was so funny?::confused3

:laughing:

RvUsa
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
We did a car show in west palm beach one time, (south fl area) and we got lost, and ended up where we shouldn't have been. We say a guy in tighty whities, tall rubber boots and long rubber gloves and nothing else. He was running as fast as he could down the side of the freeway, and it looked like he was covered in blood. Every time I see the begining of COPS, I think of him. LOL

2goofycampers
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
We did a car show in west palm beach one time, (south fl area) and we got lost, and ended up where we shouldn't have been. We say a guy in tighty whities, tall rubber boots and long rubber gloves and nothing else. He was running as fast as he could down the side of the freeway, and it looked like he was covered in blood. Every time I see the begining of COPS, I think of him. LOL

It sounds like Frank's get up for cleaning fish. :lmao:

ntsammy5
08-12-2008, 10:19 PM

TMI :lmao:

Born 2 Fish
08-13-2008, 06:22 AM

Get out of the way,,there's FISH to be cleaned !!

Born 2 Fish
08-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Good morn'n ya'll !!

It's a cruel world out there !!
Try to avoid it.

Ya'll have a good day !

:upsidedow

des1954
08-15-2008, 06:52 AM
It's a cruel world out there !!

It's cruel and unjust!! Here I am, my day off, and can I sleep past 6:30am?? Noooooo! It's unjust, I'm tellin' ya! There's just no JUSTICE!!!

Born 2 Fish
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I concur,,happens to me also. JUST AIN"T RIGHT !!
My best sleeping in time happens when we are camping(believe it or not).
There's an idea, maybe we should try sleeping out in our campers the night before our day off !:thumbsup2

des1954
08-15-2008, 07:08 AM
I concur,,happens to me also. JUST AIN"T RIGHT !!
My best sleeping in time happens when we are camping(believe it or not).
There's an idea, maybe we should try sleeping out in our campers the night before our day off !:thumbsup2

Great idea, Frank!!

Just Beachy
08-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I consider myself a morning person, but, Frank, you are just too happy for 6:30am!!!! :lmao:

loveDmouse
08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Ok, I am a little mad that I couldn't get the discount with the new code. :headache: Only available for partial sites. :confused3 I am not downgrading.
I think discounts should be available to everyone. I tried for AAA again but they told me for packages I had to book thru AAA they could only give the discount for room only. Although I have received the AAA discount from Disney before on a package and had times when I just had the site booked and couldn't get it then either. :confused3 Oh well.

But I am happy to say I have more things to be happy about then angry about so that is good. :cheer2: (Am I alowed to say that I am happy on this thread :lmao: )

RvUsa
08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
No, You must go back and edit your post to remove all traces of happiness!! This is the angry thread, you must be glum, pessimistic, irritable, rude and mean! Those are the rules. LOL J/K ;)

VACAMPER
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
In other words be just like Pete! (pretends to be)

2goofycampers
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I consider myself a morning person, but, Frank, you are just too happy for 6:30am!!!! :lmao:

We are CST his first post today was at 5:22 am. He has already gotten up, ready, coffee and eaten b/fast by then.

loveDmouse
08-15-2008, 01:20 PM
No, You must go back and edit your post to remove all traces of happiness!! This is the angry thread, you must be glum, pessimistic, irritable, rude and mean! Those are the rules. LOL J/K ;)

In other words be just like Pete! (pretends to be)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Brer Bear
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Was talking to DW while she was cooking in the kitchen tonight and caught a strong whiff of skunk...wife exclaims "Cookie's outside!" (our collie) As soon as I opened the back door, sure enough here comes our collie foaming at the mouth where she had been sprayed in the face. I grabbed her so she wouldn't go in the house and took her around to the water hose to wash the worst of it off.....as soon as I started pulling on the hose, I noticed the #@*%# SKUNK was sitting on the nozzle...needless to say Cookie and I beat feet to get back into the house. We've got a fenced in back yard, so while DW washed the smell off, I got to go on Skunk patrol with a flashlight and shotgun. Little bugger escaped, but I'll get him next time!!!!

Too tired to be angry now....:faint:

RvUsa
08-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Tomato juice and dish soap, trust me, it works!

AuburnJen92
08-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Was talking to DW while she was cooking in the kitchen tonight and caught a strong whiff of skunk...wife exclaims "Cookie's outside!" (our collie) As soon as I opened the back door, sure enough here comes our collie foaming at the mouth where she had been sprayed in the face. I grabbed her so she wouldn't go in the house and took her around to the water hose to wash the worst of it off.....as soon as I started pulling on the hose, I noticed the #@*%# SKUNK was sitting on the nozzle...needless to say Cookie and I beat feet to get back into the house. We've got a fenced in back yard, so while DW washed the smell off, I got to go on Skunk patrol with a flashlight and shotgun. Little bugger escaped, but I'll get him next time!!!!

Too tired to be angry now....:faint:

:scared1:

Brer Bear
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Tomato juice and dish soap, trust me, it works!

We did peroxide, baking powder and dish soap...seems to have worked, but I think my smeller is broke!:guilty:

2goofycampers
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
We did peroxide, baking powder and dish soap...seems to have worked, but I think my smeller is broke!:guilty:

DS did that one also, it takes most away but the rest just has to wear off. I thought he would scrub all the skin off his poor dog.

Born 2 Fish
08-18-2008, 06:37 AM
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow :music: "song from the Carousel Of Progress.

If you hurry, we can have a second cup before we hav'ta leave.Mmmmm!

Oh wait, this is spose to be the miserable thread. Okay, here goes.
Man I hate having to wait til tomorrow to love life more than today !
:thumbsup2

ftwildernessguy
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
I don't care what you wash the dog with, for months afterwards whenever that dog gets wet, you're gonna smell that skunk.

ftwildernessguy
08-18-2008, 08:01 AM
"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow :music: "song from the Carousel Of Progress.

Ironically enough, I am at this moment listening to Lou Mongello interview Richard Sherman.

PolynesianPixie
08-18-2008, 08:32 AM

:lmao: Good morning, Frank!

BRDof3
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
:lmao: Good morning, Frank!

Of course, now I find the first Good Morning of the day. I'll leave them to Frank, he salutes the morning WAAYY better then I do.

PolynesianPixie
08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Of course, now I find the first Good Morning of the day. I'll leave them to Frank, he salutes the morning WAAYY better then I do.

I just left a post on your good morning thread. we're running in circles, I'm afraid.

BRDof3
08-18-2008, 08:41 AM
I just left a post on your good morning thread. we're running in circles, I'm afraid.

TAG, you're it!:yay:

Just Beachy
08-18-2008, 09:53 AM
We are CST his first post today was at 5:22 am. He has already gotten up, ready, coffee and eaten b/fast by then.

Wow!! Denise, is this your routine too? My DH gets is out of the house by 5:30 - 6 am. I'm lucky if I can pry open one eye at that time! He's really lucky if I can actually mumble some kind of good day wishes!! :lmao:

2goofycampers
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Wow!! Denise, is this your routine too? My DH gets is out of the house by 5:30 - 6 am. I'm lucky if I can pry open one eye at that time! He's really lucky if I can actually mumble some kind of good day wishes!! :lmao:

Ummmmmm NO, up between 6:30 and 7:00. Just in time to say goodbye.
I make b/fast stuff before hand so he can pop it in the microwave.

clkelley
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Grrrrrrr - I'm about to throw my main home desktop through the wall!!!!!

Last week, it started acting squirley and all of a sudden Norton was not working any more. Tried running all kinds of scans, etc, no luck. So decided to bite the bullet, backed up the critical stuff, made a list of what I needed to reload, and hit the restart, Dell restore program.

Well that FAILED!!!!!!, computer dead, NADA, NOTHING!!!

So tried to call Dell as the screen told me to do, so I sat on hold for over an hour, and they wanted to CHARGE ME MONEY to talk to them about my problem. Fortunately, I have other computers in the house, so proceeded to weed through their help programs, and realized I now needed to reload with original disks. Well, I didn't get any disks. So I weed through help programs some more, and find a link to order a set of backup disks.

I was actually quite pleased as they showed up this morning. Unfortunately, they are not idiot proof, as in start with disc 1, load, continue with disc 2. I then had to get on a different computer and walk through the installation instructions, and come to find out they omitted 1 of the discs!!!

So I sent in another request tonite for them to send me the disc that was missing!!!

GRRRRRRR!!!!

What do you do if you have only one computer???? Pay the price for the phone support????

des1954
08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Carol-

If you call Tech Support, here is who you'll get....

http://www.laughparty.com/funny-pictures/Microsoft-Tech-Support-1235.jpg

clkelley
08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I know.

Actually, the online resource is pretty good. I just wish the disc set was auto loading, like my old HP was. It took me awhile to realize I was missing a CD.

AuburnJen92
08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Carol-

If you call Tech Support, here is who you'll get....

http://www.laughparty.com/funny-pictures/Microsoft-Tech-Support-1235.jpg

I thought that was Comcast's tech support. When you tell them you are using Linux, they freeze. It is even worse if you tell them you have a Mac.:sad2:

Hence, we have no Comcast, ever.

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
OK, I just wasted an hour driving through US1, that is flooded, taking my son to school, only to find out that school was canceled. I know I take him to private school, but they could have called here...

I checked the website and it said, School is in session Wednesday!

Argh!

At least I have a jeep and had fun.

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I am angery today because I bought groceries last night set them in the laundry room and guess what, I forgot them. How do you do that. Am I to young for a senior moment? I had to throw all the frozen and dairy products away. :eek:

Shannone1
08-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I am angery today because I bought groceries last night set them in the laundry room and guess what, I forgot them. How do you do that. Am I to young for a senior moment? I had to throw all the frozen and dairy products away. :eek:

Oh man :headache: I bet you won't do that again anytime soon !!

g8trmom1
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM

I could see myself doing that!

Just Beachy
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I definitely could see myself doing that, too. I think you have too many other things on your mind....... like girls' night out with Ami tonight?! :lmao: :goodvibes

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 01:15 PM

Oh man that really sucks. Yes, you are too young for a senior moment.

Us3
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Ugh, these days thats an expensive mistake! :headache: You may be having a drink or two tonight after all!

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
After that mistake, i'm not sure if i'll be able to afford drinks.:lmao:

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Ive heard that is you drink enough sour milk...you get a rush....of coarse that rush comes fro m your stomach and through your mouth and nostrils...but any rush is a good rush!!!

PolynesianPixie
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
No.....that's not a good rush.

Amanda...I've left groceries in the car before...:sad2:

RvUsa
08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Heck, I have left groceries in the STORE before. LOL

Us3
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
See there Amanda...at least you got your grocerys in the house! ;)

ami, i have forgotten to go back out and get a few bags that were left in the car too! :rotfl:

g8trmom1
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM
It's called MOTHERHOOD...we have so much running around in our heads ! I lose everything now...keys especially.

jrandtysmom
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
It's called MOTHERHOOD...we have so much running around in our heads ! I lose everything now...keys especially.

Exactly! :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 03:39 PM

I had to put all my keys from school on the keychain (knowing that is it very bad for your ignition) just so I can find them. You are not alone child!

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 03:54 PM

ALRIGHT YOUNG LADY, we'll have none of that talk about us seniors and our moments!

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

VACAMPER
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes, sir. Do you have a bucket I can spit in?:lmao:

Glad to hear you ladies understand.

PolynesianPixie
08-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Amanda! I'm heading out now.....see you soon! I have to leave a little early and take a guy from church some dinner. He just had an emergency appendectomy. He's a bachelor so I've been instructed to bring him a good wholesome dinner, make sure he eats it, then make sure he is resting and taking his meds. Why is it that when a guy lives alone it is assumed that he is totally helpless?????:lmao:

Just Beachy
08-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey Amanda! I'm heading out now.....see you soon! I have to leave a little early and take a guy from church some dinner. He just had an emergency appendectomy. He's a bachelor so I've been instructed to bring him a good wholesome dinner, make sure he eats it, then make sure he is resting and taking his meds. Why is it that when a guy lives alone it is assumed that he is totally helpless?????:lmao:

ummm.... because most of the time it's true? :rotfl:

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 06:27 PM
The news just reported the TVA is raising electric rates by 20 percent. That could make you angry.

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
I live 10 miles from one of the biggest hydroelectric plants in the country and even with a 20% increase I bet you'll pay a much lower rate than we do! Gotta love New York State!

ftwildernessguy
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
mental illness sucks.

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I'll second that !

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
mental illness sucks.

I agree. Everything OK?

ftwildernessguy
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree. Everything OK?

not really, but we are survivors.

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Not if you listen to what Denise says bout me.

AuburnJen92
08-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Not if you listen to what Denise says bout me.

be nice to Denise....;)

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
not really, but we are survivors.

Sometimes that's not a good thing and other times I regret it, but mostly I'm happy about it

Born 2 Fish
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
be nice to Denise....;)

You bet. :thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Jim...Ive never seen you make a post that wasnt humorous. Ive never seen you come off as being down or anything other than chipper and happy-go-lucky....anything I can do?

VACAMPER
08-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Spill it Jimbo. Whats the matter? I'm here for couseling.

BRDof3
08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Has anyone heard from Jim today? His posts last night had me concerned, but I didn't think he would respond to me as well as to others.

AuburnJen92
08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I was concerned as well....:hug:

BRDof3
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
DW walked in from work a little bit ago with a severe "angry thread" look on her face, and not wanting to talk about it (never a good sign after work). The only thing she had to say was to ask me if I had access to my company's benefits info on-line, or would I have to talk to HR. We have used her insurance benefits for several years, they're better than mine.

Sounds like a *#@^ of a day at the hospital. I guess I'd better be checking on benefits over the weekend in case her disposition doesn't improve. I've heard her complain about work often enough, being the charge nurse means you have a big bulls-eye on your forehead all the time. That's the first time she ever phrased it that way, though. :worried:

Us3
08-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Rob, hope everything is ok with dw!

Btw, you need to get her to join dis! This would be a great way to releave stress for her (if she loves camping and disney like the rest of us).

I hope y'all have a better weekend ahead!

BRDof3
08-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I'll just have to wait and see. This probably means they lost a patient in the unit. She won't talk to me much about it in that case, confidentiality applies even to your DH.

If it has something to do with a person, or the system, she'll eventually tell me what it is. I've learned not to ask too much, just let her be mad for a while.

We're both off for the weekend! A softball game in the morning, then blessed nothingness for the rest of the day!!

ftwildernessguy
08-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Sounds like health care burnout to me, Rob. Been there, done that. My solution, however, was to leave what I couldn't change.

RvUsa
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Rob, My wife is a nurse, and she HATES where she is at right now, bad hospital, worse administration. Well she got the call yesterday, she got the job she wanted at a local magnet (I think that is what it is called) hospital, in the ccu. She starts in 2 weeks.

Good to see ya Jim! I think we need some TV time just to unwind.

ftwildernessguy
08-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Rob, My wife is a nurse, and she HATES where she is at right now, bad hospital, worse administration. Well she got the call yesterday, she got the job she wanted at a local magnet (I think that is what it is called). She starts in 2 weeks.

I'm actually watching National Lampoon's European Vacation on TVLand right now. One of my favorite flicks.

VACAMPER
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Better than , Cheetah Girls- One world on the Disney Channel

Us3
08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Rob, My wife is a nurse, and she HATES where she is at right now, bad hospital, worse administration. Well she got the call yesterday, she got the job she wanted at a local magnet (I think that is what it is called). She starts in 2 weeks.

CONGRATS to you dw!!! I hope it's a better environment for her! :thumbsup2

BRDof3
08-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Ya gotta love the coming together of like minds. DW went to bed last night, and I wasn't close to tired. I was flipping around on the tube and came in on Vacation just as they were on the train to Italy, and watched the rest. Too bad I misssed most of it.

She did eventually let some of the frustration out. Sounds like everybody was having a busy day at work, and started taking it out on each other. As long as it's not a patient she'll eventually shake it off.

Part of her problem is that, in her area of ob/gyn she is in the best place around. She might get rid of some individul problems by leaving, but she'd come to regret it in the end.

BRDof3
08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
CONGRATS to you dw!!! I hope it's a better environment for her! :thumbsup2

Give her a high-five from us, too! I do love seeing someone get a deserving reward! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

auntie
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Kieth Olberman is an butt wipe. He makes me angry..thought I'd post here.

Gatordad
09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
what did he do now?

ntsammy5
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
what's your point?

auntie
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I can't stomach the guy anymore. I switch between MSNBC, FOX, and CNN. I didn't think I'd ever see the day when CNN had more unbiased reporting out of the three.

His remarks regarding the 9-11 images shown at the Republican convention. I wanted to gag when he was so "offended"..and felt such graphic images of that horrible day shouldn't be shown at the convention.
Personally..it's THEIR convention...it's their perogative. I think if he's covering the election he should be keeping his personal feelings to himself.
I'd like to find a network that just reports the news..or has coverage without all the anchors adding their personal insights. Like we aren't smart enough to figure out what they are saying, or make up our own minds.

On the note of 9-11..I personally..and just speaking for myself, I would show those images EVERY day..so people remember. Not just the rescue efforts ..and the sadness..but the horror of the everyday people who did nothing but go to work that day.. clinging to the windows, and jumping to their deaths. I will never forget. Yeah..they are graphic..but it happened. Why do we have to sugar coat that. We should not let their deaths be in vain..there is a whole generation of people who were too young to fully comprehend what happened when our city was attacked. (my youngest son being one of them). He's 17 now. Having him see video is one of the ways for him to understand why it is that some peoples lives will never be the same. Ours..and his included.

ntsammy5
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Phyllis,

The ones that remember the most are the ones that were there, at the center or nearby or those who lost people. Having been in combat zones several times during my life, I can honestly say that the WTC counts as one - it was totally surreal. Walking down Broadway in full combat gear with spectators behind barriers on the sidewalks asking us if we'd seen their relatives and showing us pictures ranks as one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

To this day, I remember, well I remember a lot of different things.......

g8trmom1
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I can't stomach the guy anymore. I switch between MSNBC, FOX, and CNN. I didn't think I'd ever see the day when CNN had more unbiased reporting out of the three.

His remarks regarding the 9-11 images shown at the Republican convention. I wanted to gag when he was so "offended"..and felt such graphic images of that horrible day shouldn't be shown at the convention.
Personally..it's THEIR convention...it's their perogative. I think if he's covering the election he should be keeping his personal feelings to himself.
I'd like to find a network that just reports the news..or has coverage without all the anchors adding their personal insights. Like we aren't smart enough to figure out what they are saying, or make up our own minds.

On the note of 9-11..I personally..and just speaking for myself, I would show those images EVERY day..so people remember. Not just the rescue efforts ..and the sadness..but the horror of the everyday people who did nothing but go to work that day.. clinging to the windows, and jumping to their deaths. I will never forget. Yeah..they are graphic..but it happened. Why do we have to sugar coat that. We should not let their deaths be in vain..there is a whole generation of people who were too young to fully comprehend what happened when our city was attacked. (my youngest son being one of them). He's 17 now. Having him see video is one of the ways for him to understand why it is that some peoples lives will never be the same. Ours..and his included.

Phyllis,
Did you see the special last nite on We network about the widows of 9/11? The press made everyone believe that they all got millions, but that wasn't the case at all. One couple with a child together, but not married, he died NYFD, but she was not considered a widow so was totally kept out of everything. Another couple, two women who lived together, one had died and the other had no rights either. Another couple, he died NYFD, and she refused the lump sum that was offered to her to settle out, and was sued by his step kids to take the 2 mil that was offered. A judge made her settle and split it with the kids. It was very interesting. They also talked about the widows who hooked up with other NYFD who were married and left their wives for the widows...wow.

auntie
09-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Phyllis,

The ones that remember the most are the ones that were there, at the center or nearby or those who lost people. Having been in combat zones several times during my life, I can honestly say that the WTC counts as one - it was totally surreal. Walking down Broadway in full combat gear with spectators behind barriers on the sidewalks asking us if we'd seen their relatives and showing us pictures ranks as one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

To this day, I remember, well I remember a lot of different things.......

You're right..it was a combat zone...in the middle of Manhattan. I don't think that should be forgotten..no matter how upsetting the images. Before 9-11 you never could have told me there would be a day when I'd see the army in Penn Station. The sounds of military jets patroling our skies..that will make your heart skip a beat, and run to get your kids inside quickly. They were terrifying days. Images burned forever in our minds.

I'm offended..that Mr. Olberman is offended by them.

Oh..if I've never said it before Al, and I don't think I have...thank you for your service to our country.

auntie
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Phyllis,
Did you see the special last nite on We network about the widows of 9/11? The press made everyone believe that they all got millions, but that wasn't the case at all. One couple with a child together, but not married, he died NYFD, but she was not considered a widow so was totally kept out of everything. Another couple, two women who lived together, one had died and the other had no rights either. Another couple, he died NYFD, and she refused the lump sum that was offered to her to settle out, and was sued by his step kids to take the 2 mil that was offered. A judge made her settle and split it with the kids. It was very interesting. They also talked about the widows who hooked up with other NYFD who were married and left their wives for the widows...wow.

I didn't see the show you refer to..but I have seen others regarding the NYFD..and how many of the widows became involved with fireman assigned to care for the family. In fact, it was even on Oprah a while back. Show featured some pretty upset ex-wives..can't say I blame them.

Just Beachy
09-10-2008, 03:56 PM

Amen, Phyllis. I could not have said it any better.